• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Trials Round #2
  • (If you do NOT reply to this round it's an automatic failure of your character's trial. June Verles June Verles has automatically failed.)​

Xemanorth Xemanorth
    "We're done with you, you're a hindrance to the mission and a danger to this team," Tristan said before motioning for everyone to leave. They all left Kirill then, fading into the surrounding darkness and maddening silence followed their absence. It remained like this for an unknown time, but it was long enough to drive most mad to have all sound around them absorbed, leaving only the sound of their living body to pulse through Kirill's ears.

"You're lonely," came a gentle feminine voice from the darkness, though hard to place from where exactly. "Unwanted by your parents. Unappreciated by your so-called team. It's suffocating, isn't it?"

If Kirill moved through the darkness he'd eventually come across slender stone pedestal with some strange white glow pulsing artifact resting atop it, it looked like some sort of glass orb, the closer Kirill got the more the orb pulsed until it was producing seamless light and casting away the darkness around him.

"They don't want you to know, but that precious item you protected... should you consume that seed, you would become more than what you currently are. You can prove them all wrong then. Awe them with new powers and abilities. You'll be the one saving them. But they stole yours! They were afraid of you becoming stronger!"

Thatguynameded Thatguynameded
    The heat increased as Brass got closer to the burning flames and the screams of agony and cries for help faded into only the sound of the forest burning. Breaking through to a small clear there were only the charred bodies of his pack he had left behind. In the center of this massacre was a dark cloaked figure, some sort of Magician as the fire around him was extinguished soon after Brass's arrival. The figure laughed, "I missed one. Come then, let's play a game."

The figure took off then into the smoldering embers of what was left of the forest, taunting Brass about his fallen packmates and how they howled for him to save them, but that he had failed. The chase, should Brass pursue him he would find be unable to ever catch him. The figure would always be just out of reach and as time goes on Brass begins to move slower and his senses lessen in acuity.

When Brass would finally - or if he ever does - look at his person, he'd not be greeted by a fur covered form, but that of a mundane human. "Your own brethren cursed you for failing to save them!"

Noble Scion Noble Scion
    The man didn't stop Sang or her father from shoving their way into the empty lifeboat, instead the man grinned. "The blue send their greetings," he said as he cut the rope securing it to the ship causing it to quickly descend and collide against the waves of the ocean. The hull of the wooden lifeboat cracked from the impact resulting in water leaking into the boat and then with the large looming waves crashing over them as the storm raged around them it filled rather quickly, eventually sinking.

Her father struggled to help Sang stay afloat even as the ocean waves crashed over them and kept trying to drag them down into the water. This went on, each wave tiring them both out more with each hit until eventually they were simply too tired to fight to survive. Sang's father was the first to sink into the depths before a large wave would pulled Sang down and away from him no matter how hard she swam to reach him or the surface.

When Sang wouldn't finally succumb to passing out due to lack of oxygen, she'd wake up the next moment laying in a bed in a strange room facing the head of the Soledad House. "You seemed to have a nightmare. I am glad you're awake, you fainted soon after your mission due to a mild concussion. I wanted you to know you were successful. Unfortunately House Red was only given a slap on the wrist, they are no longer permitted to practice magic due to their House leader's skill in manipulation. No matter, it will weaken them and we will try again."

Tarmagon Tarmagon
    The broken sign laid there on the ground, the wood cracked and splintered but the larger fragments shifted and the message changed.

Your choice has been made.
    You save neither.

Screaming, loud anguish in from both the voices of Kala and Xaira who between their cries for the pain to stop begged Jasper to help them in their own way. Now whichever path Jasper would taken he'd just be greeted with an endless trail to follow and forced to listen to the sounds of his loved ones suffering from torturous pain. Eventually they both just whimpered or moaned in pain and then stopped making sounds entirely.

There would be nothing changed unless he decided to move in a direction; any direction. If he did move he'd eventually come across the bodies of Kala and Xaira coated and caked in sticky blood, open eyes void of life staring at nothing, covered in various wounds from cuts, bruises, scratches, to loss of limbs. They had been both mutilated. The moment Jasper would blink or close his eyes and open them their eyes would be staring at him with an aura of accusation.

"I followed after you into the box... why did you leave me to die?" Xaira's pained voice wept, though her mouth didn't move.

"You failed to save me, and you failed to save her. You doom the people you love you die," came Kala's voice. "That is your curse."

Hanarei Hanarei
    "Oh good, she's responsive. Felicia, I know you're drowsy but you need to listen very carefully, alright? You had an episode, do you remember the hallucination? You were screaming something about a cursed box and tried to jump off the roof saying you could levitate." The doctor didn't release her from the restraints, but he held up a pair of bracelets that looked like her limiters, only not. They were something a child would have crafted themselves with paper mache, play dough, and paint.

"Do you want me to put these back on?" he asked calmly. "Remember Felicia, we talked about how supernatural abilities, people, and races don't exist, right? It's a fantasy world you created to explain your mother's death. Her death was not your fault, a tree fell onto your house from a bad storm. You don't have psychic abilities, remember?"

"I think the stress of her release caused a relapse," a nurse commented. "I think we moved too quickly and she should have gone through a transition period to ease her back at a slower pace."

Morzone Morzone
    "Oh, I'm flattered you think I'm Pandora," the voice laughed joyfully, even clapping her hands together once in her amusement as Theo took in his changed form. "Your threats are also very empty, Magician. The seeds your team brought in are just a small few, you're not the only ones trying to reach her, remember? Perhaps your memories are already being affected as well. Do you remember slaughtering them?"

"It seems you don't, where do you think their seeds went? Who do you think took them? Surely you can guess! Oh, but I'm too excited so I'll just say it. You did!" The figure laughed hysterically. "You killed them and stole them for yourself, consuming them actually. How mean that you wouldn't share with me, but there are others I can play with to get them. But if you want to cook the remains of your friends go ahead, I won't stop you."

The metal that had been creeping upwards from Theo's feet grew as he threatened to burn the seeds to ash. "You're feeding the corruption within you more. I wonder how much longer you'll last. Or perhaps you'll melt yourself? Self-sacrifice is such a boring waste if you ask me."

DapperCat DapperCat
    The bartender looked up from his phone to look at Qerres who was trying to barter a drink for a flask. "No need," he said, pocketing his phone into a back pocket of his jeans, nodding towards a familiar figure in the corner at one of the nicer, larger tables the bar had to offer. "That man over there said you were coming and said to put whatever you ordered on his tab." He turned to grab her a shot glass and poured her a shot of tequila, letting her down that before filling the shot glass back up.

The man in the corner motioned for the bartender, who shrugged and turned to Qerres, "C'mon, you can have your little drinking party with your friend then." He walked out from behind the bar, bringing the entire bottle of tequila over to the man at the table, a man that Qerres was very familiar with; her very own Master.

baddervibes baddervibes
    The woman wasn't put off by Caddigan's rejection, his comment about the way out of the maze being in her pants elicited a giggle. "Oh, perhaps you can find out. There is a nice, large vein down there as well that you're welcome to," she called out as he stepped past her. The woman's voice had attracted the attention of a trio of vampires; two male and one female. The female was the one who got up first and went over to get in Caddigan's way.

"Very cocky to come into a vampire bar, dhampir," she spat out. "You get lost or is your mommy somewhere in here enjoying some real fangs?" The two men stood behind her, ready for Caddigan to throw the first punch. "Or maybe you're here looking for your daddy? You look like the type is daddy issues. What, he didn't come to your baseball games or something? He go out to grab a bite and never come back?"

Myriad Myriad
    Don's father frowned as he spoke about how he wouldn't have ever left the ocean and that his family had cast him out, followed by speaking to the void about ending this as he had a more important task of getting to Pandora. He father backed away, taking three steps back before turning his back to Don and walking away, "Your denial perhaps is a side effect of your change, but soon you'll understand."

The room outside of the water filled tank began to flood with water, sloshing against the bodies of his fallen family members. As the water rose the bodies began to float away from him and out of sight. Soon the entire space was filled with water and the pressure difference caused the glass to crack. It would take a few firm hits, but should Don do this eventually the tank would shatter and release him, allowing him to swim freely though he wouldn't find the bodies of his family nor his father.

What he would find were ancient underwater ruins carved with figures that seemed to have both his own people and those he had been told were abominations both worshiping something. There was some object resting on a stone block between the two groups, some type of black pearl the size of a person's head. It seemed to call to him seductively to come touch it, take it, claim it for himself. That it could save all in the ocean.

Trials Round #3
  • (If you do NOT reply to this round it's an automatic failure of your character's trial. June Verles June Verles has automatically failed.)​

Xemanorth Xemanorth
    The voice laughed softly when Kirill realized he was missing the green gem seed from his person. "Think Kirill, think really hard. They didn't tell you they took it from you. They don't trust you. They fear your strength. You are strong, but allowing you to become stronger would mean you could be the hero who defeated Pandora. Do you want to become stronger? Do you want to defeat Pandora?"

The orb pulsed like a heartbeat which matched Kirill's own. "This orb is special. An ancient artifact taken into this realm. If you use it and take on its power you would become powerful enough to take her down. You'd become a legend."

There was a warmth that emanated from the orb now as it continued to pulse. "Just hold it to your heart and desire its power and it shall be yours."

The figure cackled as Brass realized he was now human. The laughter carried around him as though it was the wind itself and came from all directions making it even more improbable that Brass would be able to locate them. "What's wrong? Not liking the new you?" the voice suddenly said next to Brass's ear before jumping back to a safe distance, well out of Brass's reach. "You left your people and SMITED didn't come to save them. Can you blame them for cursing your name? Cursing you?"

"Drag your furless ass back to SMITED if they'll even take you as you are now. Being as useless as you are now though they'd probably just make you take on a desk job. I have to wonder, did your intelligence increase with this change? No matter. Hunting you would be boring and I only seek challenging prey. Humans are not challenging at all. Ta-ta!"

The figure waved and turned his back in Brass before 'blinking' a fair distance away, a teleporting magician it seemed. In other blink the figure was completely gone leaving Brass completely alone in the charred remains of the forest and his pack.

Noble Scion Noble Scion
    "She's still unwell it seems," a feminine voice replied. An older woman, also blue-skinned, came out from a room corner and regarded Sang. "The physician mentioned there could be some confusion when she awoke."

"You were sent on a mission, do you not remember? We had you disguised as one of the Reds and had you fake an assassination attempt on the princess. It seems in the chaos of escaping after the act you were injured when you fell. Tell me child, what exactly do you remember?" the man asked her with some concern.

The woman came forward with a damp red-stained washcloth and sat down on the beside as she went to wipe away the red body paint that had been missed on Sang's arm. One swipe of the cloth and the red that was there was removed and only blue-skin left behind. "We have to delay the next phase and permit her time to recover before sending her off again. We can send someone else to..."

"No, the daughter of their - Sang - is being persistent in her search. I'll have someone else drop hints. She's too headstrong to listen to her family so it's just a matter of manipulation to make her go against the royal decree on her family. Her own anger will blindly fuel her, we just have to direct it cautiously and then lure her in to attack. It should only take one of their own going against the royal decree to bring them down."

Tarmagon Tarmagon
    The bodies burned without any issue, the eyes would seem to follow Jasper no matter where he moved though. From the bodies new signs grew from out of the flames before dying out. Like before he had a choice to make. One sign had Elora's name and the other had Tristan's name. However there was a new sign and path that grew between them which had a third option.

Let them all die.

Another sign appeared behind him.

You can save only one. This game would go on until Jasper's choices were made. He could go on and select a path of who he wanted to save this round, only to come to another fork with their name against another members where he would have to choose once again. Or he could choose to simply kill them all. This time there were no voices to call out to him, only silence.

From Xaira's there was a small glint of the green gem that each agent had been given before entering the box. Another sign.

If you want the game to end, take it for yourself, use it, and become powerful enough to stop it.

Hanarei Hanarei
    "Felicia you need to calm down, stop pulling against the restraints, okay?" a nurse commented. "Remember your breathing exercises." The nurse then began to do the breathing herself as means to encourage Felicia to copy, but should Felicie decide not to mimic the nurse the woman would stop after a few breaths and let out a soft sigh.

"She's regressed it seems. No affirmation from subject in regards to matricide," the doctor commented as a different nurse seemed to be taking endless notes on a clipboard. "Felicia, you remember your mother right? You remember being sad about her? Think back, focus. I know it's painful to think about, but you cannot move forward in life until you address this issue."

"She may be too sedated right now."

"That may be the case. Move her into her room and keep her under observation. We'll let the sedative pass through her system and try again later."

Felicia was rolled away on the gurney then and brought into a mostly empty room. There was a bed and a desk with a few pictures of Felicia's mother taped to the wall. She was left on the gurney since moving her would require the removal of the restraints and doing so could pose a problem should Felicia resist being moved to her bed. She was left there then and the metal door was shut firmly and there was an audible click of a lock.

The next time Felicia blinked she'd find herself in the stark while medical hallway tainted with broken glass, flickering lights, blood and bodies. Felicia herself had blood spatter all over her person. Another person, based on their gown they were a patient, screamed at her and called her Carrie. The moment Felicia would look at them the'd bleed from their eyes, ears, nose and mouth before falling to the floor twitching and then ceasing to move.

Morzone Morzone
    Theo's attacks did nothing. It wasn't that he didn't cast them but rather they simply never touching the being as though there was some type of shield around them preventing the attacks from reaching her. Around her though his attacks were damaging and destroying everything. The woman laughed gleefully and even clapped. "Yes, yes! Unleash everything within you!"

As Theo used his magic the metal only moved faster up through his body which only seemed to make the figure more pleased. However as Theo still didn't actually move the smile and laughter faded and the woman's expression and tone went dark. "How boring though. Here you are able to manipulate those pathetic little metal balls and yet you don't even think to try and move your new metal limbs."

"Come on now Theo," she whined unhappily. "I can't have a real battle with you like this! Oh! I almost forgot! Maybe this will inspire you to try harder!" The figure held up a very familiar mana stone. The one Mara had given to him. "This seemed important. If you want it back you're going to have to play properly!"

DapperCat DapperCat
    (this is written by stupid Dappercat so don't blame poor Fyuri if smth is bad aylmao)
    "Evening."

The man's voice was smooth as butter as he leant his stubbled cheek into his palm. His other hand stretched across the table, fingertips barely brushing against the woman's skin.

"Old acquaintances."

The woman could hear his voice echo in her mind like a welcome intruder. She would know exactly what he meant with those simple words. After, he pulled his hand back to fold it in front of him on the table.

"How has the new job been. Anything of import I should know? Any documents, informations or objects of note?"

Behind Qerres, a door squeeked as more people came in. The well-groomed man before her gave a single glance- then let his eyes linger on the doorway, before returning his attention to the woman before him fully. As the Demoness kept her eyes on him, his smile faded as his expression turned more serious. His fingertips found her hand again.

baddervibes baddervibes
    "Dudes fucking mad," one of male vampires commented. "He's got to be going through withdrawal." This comment made the woman who had original confronted him grin deviously. "That would explain why the fuck he's actually here and babble this insane psycho shit. Poor little dhampir, starving are we? C'mon boys, let's show him some real vampire fun then."

The two men grappled Caddigan while laughing, their combined strength wouldn't allow Caddigan to escape as they dragged him towards the back of the club and to a door where a beefy vampire stood watch. The woman bribed the guard and they were permitted in and there was a drastic increase in the scent of blood. A set of stairs led downward into some type of large secretive basement. The lights here were kept so dim a human probably wouldn't have been able to see very well.

There were sounds of moans, laughter, and it appeared to be some kind of vampire feeding orgy. Not only were vampires freely feeding on every human there were also a large number of them engaging in sex. Caddigan was literally thrown into the writhing bodies and before he could even have a chance to get out arms wrapped around him and a nude human woman with a bite mark on her neck straddled him. "You look fun."

Myriad Myriad
    The pearl silently stayed where it was as Don spoke out loud. It remained this way for some time before the water in the area ceased to have a current. A female figure of a mermaid could be seen in the distance getting closer and closer to Don's location. When she reached the ruined she looked to the pearl and then to Don. Like Don she wasn't exactly a mermaid any more but rather a corrupted version. While there was still some beauty part of her had venomous spikes protruding from her body. Her fish-like tail was much longer and she looked more what a 'feral' ancient mermaid would have perhaps be written as appearing; the kind that ate flesh of humans.

"You seek salvation and yet reject it when it is laid out before you. This pearl is only meant for the strong-willed. It calls forth the one who rules the deep, who sleeps while his children weep. Do you accept the inevitable? My own have already left their homeshores for landlife and have lost themselves. This will be the fate for yours as well."

Last edited:
    Trials Round #4
  • (If you do NOT reply to this round it's an automatic failure of your character's trial if you are sill engaged in the trial. June Verles June Verles and Myriad Myriad have automatically failed.)​

Xemanorth Xemanorth
    As much as Kirill hadn't actually listened to the voices, he actions still lead to as though he had as to get to his stomach the orb would have to pass through his esophagus and past his heart. There would be a sharp pain originating from where the orb was now within his body; his heart. Each pump of the organ sent a pulse of pain and each pulse spread a blackness into his veins. This went on and on as the blackness spread out changing his skin tone into a charcoal grey.

His body physically changed as well, horns grew from his head and his pointed ears elongated further. At the end of this painful Kirill was left as a full-blooded demon, but more than just that. Large bat-like wings rested against his back now as well. There was an energy within him crawling under his skin; magic. Where he stood now was decaying and should he touch the pedestal it too would begin to decay as well.

The next time Kirill blinked he would no longer be within that solitary space but outside on the other side of the door with some members staring off and others aware (Depending on choices other players may also be awake in the room. Congratulations, Kirill is now suffering from STATUS: Corruption!)

As Brass intently focused on the blade in his hand the ash and dust had long since settled and the moon was high in the sky. The gentle glow seemed to increase and suddenly in was bright like starlight as a woman stood at the edge of the grave Brass had dug for himself. The woman had an ethereal glow with flowing robes and long hair and deep dark eyes like the night sky.

Are you certain child? Even if you end yourself here could you say your suffering would truly end?

She slightly leaned over and the knife reflected the light emanating from her figure.

Do you truly wish to end your life cursed when you have the means to break it and avenge your pack? It comes at the cost of using the gem you're protecting, but you must choose. Yourself, your pack or SMITED.

Choose wisely.

(Note for Ed: If he eats the gem he'll return to his wolffolk form - with some massive changes which make him much stronger and more intelligent - and find himself back in the Maze on the other side of the door and outside of the trial. Depending on choices other players may also be awake in the room.)

Noble Scion Noble Scion
    Sang's continued 'confusion' regarding her identity made the duo give her concerned looks as she regarded herself as Sang and asked if her father - the patriarch leader of House Red - was dead. This worry in the woman's expression only increased as Sang muttered to herself about her fears being tested and for things to be ended. When she asked for a mirror the elder man fetched a small hand mirror and held it up so that she could see herself.

Sang for the most part appeared as herself, the most obvious and major difference was her skin was no red but a deep shade of blue. "Was any magic used? This seems to be more than just common confusion from her injury," the woman asked with worry.

"Child," the man said with some gentleness but edged with irritation, "You're not Sang. You are a proud member of Soledad."

"Perhaps casting the illusion over her all these so she could wander House Red and her fall have affected her memories. We'd have to find a specialist to fix this," the woman sighed, retreating to stand next to the man. They both said that she could get rest while they sorted things out and then left her alone in the room though a large brawny man guarded the door to her room should she decide to get up and explore or escape.

The mirror in her hand shimmered and reflected the light to catch Sang's attention. It showed Sang's blue face and a hand lifting up the green gem. The reflection ate the gem and the color of the reflection changed from blue the purple to red; restoring Sang to her true self. The message was clear. Eat the gem, go back to being Sang.

(If Sang eats the gem, she will gain increased abilities and find herself outside of the trial. Depending on choices other players may also be awake in the room.)

Tarmagon Tarmagon
    When Jasper chose himself over all his team he would get slammed by some invisible force impacting his body. It wasn't enough to knock him over, but enough to knock the wind out of him and make him stagger. Something had gone inside of him because whatever it was hadn't passed through him. He would feel the need to cough and cough he would and pain would pulse through him with every heartbeat.

The runes seemed to be absorbed into him and left no marks behind. His veins where red blood once flowed slowly begin to turn black though there were no other physical changes, for now. The next blink and Jasper was on the other side of the door greeted by the still bodies of his team, still black veined but no longer feeling pain from his beating heart.

(Depending on choices other players may also be awake in the room. Congratulation, Jasper also has the STATUS: CORRUPTION!)

Hanarei Hanarei
    An alarm blared loudly and emergency lights kicked on throughout the facility. Over the alarm a voice came over the loudspeaker, "Felicia, stop! Take that syringe and inject yourself quickly or deadly force will have to be used!"

Footsteps, heavy-booted footsteps grew closer and closer and soon around the corner at the end of the hallway where it split came heavily armored and weapon wielding soldiers. Not military; SMITED. They all had the SMITED armband identifying them. There were only a handful of mundane humans equipped with guns which trained on her person. The majority were magicians and other fantastical races, one of which was Brass who was growling deeply at her.

"Felicia Caldwell, you are to cease hostile activity and surrender. Should you refuse to comply we have been cleared for use of deadly force. You have ten seconds to comply."

A voice whispered to her that it as all just a trick, an illusion. That she could kill them all because they weren't really alive or existed. It continued saying it was the gem causing the illusion and that if she got rid of it she'd wake up.

Should she refuse Brass would be the first to charge at her and of course the first to die the moment he got within a certain range of her and joining the other bodies in the hallway.

Morzone Morzone
    The woman laughed at Theo's reaction, it was joyous even as she watched him grab the crowbar and change it to a flaming metal whip and begin to shuffle his metal limbs, pushing aside his deceased team members in the process. "Yes! Yes! Get mad! Wrathful!" She moved to evade his whip, though whether she needed to or not remained to be seen. She giggled and laughed as he tried to strike at her almost as though she was dancing.

The metal on his legs seemed to get lighter and lighter the more he moved and that strange numb feeling soon began within his hands now as well as his flesh turned into metal. This wasn't the clunky metal like before, this metal was formed exactly like his limbs and he could move them with more ease though there was still a struggle in effectively controlling them which affected the aim of his whip.

"I'll make a deal with yooouu," she called out from some high rafter above him, her feet swaying as they dangled. She flipped upside down, walking along the rafter as though gravity had no laws here. She held out the mana stone for him to see. "If you give me that pretty lil' gem you have I'll give this back. Or we can play longer, I don't mind!"

(If you exchange the gem for the mana stone Theo will leave the trial under STATUS: Corruption where he will retain the metal limbs. Depending on choices other players may also be awake in the room.)

DapperCat DapperCat
    (This may be edited later with additions/changes from Dapper.)

The mission object was most likely very clear without any more words needing to be said. To kill the man, though the woman being killed as well was also fine. "You understand. Of course you do.
    I will warn you though the moment you complete this mission you'll be returned to the maze from whence I pulled you from. With an added bonus of course of your alcohol refilled. A parting gift until next we meet."

(Note for Dapper: Once she does the mission - killing dude - she'll be snapped back into the Maze on the other side of the door. Depending on choices other players may also be awake in the room.)

baddervibes baddervibes
    The woman didn't scream as Caddigan bit into her. The trio that had dragged him into the nest laughed openly. No one here cared if someone was harmed or even killed. It was a known risk humans gladly accepted because they were into such things. The woman actually laughed as well and pouted as he finally jerked away from her and forced her off of him, pouting, "Aww, play some more!"

The nameless woman who had dragged him here was no longer amused as he shouted. With vampire speed she appeared in front of him with a snarl, "I guess what they say about dhampirs being mad is true then." The next moment something was shoved into his mouth, something like a thick liquid filled plastic. Blood poured out from the ripped hole and it poured into his mouth and overflowed over his face. The woman made sure he drank, the two males restraining him as she cooed, "Too good to drink blood like a real vampire? We can fix that for you."

---Area on the Other Side of Door---
    jordan-grimmer-sketch1.jpg

---

(Players who are under the effect of corruption currently: Jasper, Kirill. Players who are outside of the trial: Jasper, Kirill, Celena, Don. There are players who can opt to take the path to exit the trial as mention in their posts. Those players who remain in the trial are in the room with everyone just staring out blankly. You will not be able to touch them or awaken them.)

(Corruption Status: You are now much, much stronger and entirely healed. For the rest of the mission you will remain with this status but can make it worse depending on your reactions/actions. Your characters under this affect will be drawn to the gems of your team members, the stronger the corruption the worse the desire and self-control. If you have a gem still with this status you will struggle to resist from consuming it.)​

Trials Round #5
  • Tristan & Company

Tristan around this time seemed to shudder awake, gasping desperately for air and crumpled to his knees with his form shaking. Wild eyes darted around him at his surroundings, the others as he caught his breath and then... vomited. His stomach was mostly empty so after heaving what little he had in his stomach was followed by violent dry heaving for a full minute, eyes watering in reaction.

After Tristan managed to collect himself he got back up on unsteady feet. He would have chugged down some water and chewed gum, but with the fire wall around them and some winged thing flying around clearly there wasn't any time for that. Jasper was the one maintaining that wall of runes in strange colors or silver and charcoal and his first thought was wondering if whatever the fuck had happened swapped his powers for Theo's, but then he saw the black veins, the lack of runes.

"W-What the fuck is going on?!" he shouted. He didn't have time to do an accurate head count, but he did notice two people missing because they were both hard to miss. Kirill wasn't present and neither was the red-skinned Sang.

(If you do NOT reply to this round it's an automatic failure of your character's trial if you are sill engaged in the trial. This is the LAST round for this trial.)​

DapperCat DapperCat
    The world around Qerres seemed to shudder and ripple. At first it could have been the tears in her eyes, the sobbing that shook her body. Her hands, like the others who had utterly failed their trial had black veins begin to spread from them and also around her eyes. Her tears would stop, not because she stopped them but because she could actually no longer seem to cry. Her broken horn had been repaired and a long fleshy, black tail, had grown and twitched behind her.

With these changes the corruption of the box settled within her painfully as the changes happened. The world around her was almost like a thick layer that covered the true reality, like she could see through the illusion of her mind she was trapped within. It would just take a small push of her own will to break free of this illusion and she'd be returned to the box with the other SMITED agents.

(Note for Dapper: *Oprah voice* YOU GET CORRUPTION AND YOU GET CORRUPTION! Okay so new tail, great for balance, climbing, smacking a bitch, grabbing stuff. You ever see Splice? Basically tail with a bone that can come out and inject venom. Eyes, she can see through illusions now and even break them, so she could technically try and break out any remaining within the trial, but with corruption she's gonna want dem gems they have as well.)

The glowing figure frowned slightly at Brass's answer. As he got up the light she had been producing dimmed and dimmed until she was a pitch black figure, nothing but moving shadow. It's body language became predatory as it circled around the grave and Brass. The wind picked up violently causing the ash to swirl around and obscured Brass's vision, as though he were within the eye of a tornado; a barrier of wind, ash, dust, and soot. Any part of him that tried would feel and be damaged as though a sandstorm, but the particles would destroy clothes and leave flesh raw as though rubbed by sandpaper.

"Very well, you've made your choice, but by your will alone can you break free? Can you overcome the pain to escape?"

Morzone Morzone
    She laughed. Laughed as Theo attacked her once again, only this time she didn't even dodge his attacks. As he caged in her flame she put the stone in her mouth and swallowed it whole before grinning at him with amused eyes. She didn't even flinch as burning metal wrapped around her wrists nor when he crashed into her violently. She just cackled in pure mad joy even as her flesh burned.

Then there was another laugh, as though she were laughing in surround sound. There were two more of her then, one was back where she original had been lounging, another leaning against a wall casually. "Make sure she's cooked medium rare," one taunted. "No no, medium well. She's not a cow and therefore not beef!" "Oh, very true sister! Very true! Medium well then Magician!" They laughed in unison once more and then went completely stoic as the one Theo attacked stopped laughing and her eyes went dead, staring at Theo with a mad grin even in death.

"Do you think he'll rip out her guts to find he precious rock?" "Oh I think he will, I think he will! He'll shove a red hot metal hand and rip it right out!" "Ooh, goody goody! Yes, dig in!"

One clapped excitedly and the other bounced eagerly on her feet. The metal spread further on Theo's limbs and all that was left as flesh was his chest and head.

"He might become solid metal before he makes his choice to do that though." "No hints, he'll use the gem then!" "You just gave him one!" "Shit! Oh well! Cat's out of the bag then." "You always ruin things, you big mouth!" "He's probably too stupid to figure it out from just that though!"

baddervibes baddervibes
    The woman laughed as Caddigan tried to resist being grappled and the blood forced into his mouth. As he finally could no longer not drink and gulped down a mouthful of blood her grin grew. "Oh, I think he likes it," she laughed out, earning some chuckles from the two holding him in place. They didn't stop there with him though. They wanted him drunk on blood, but blood bags weren't enough, so they beckoned over a girl and shoved his mouth over the already open wound from someone's previous bite.

Her blood was fresh and warm. "Go ahead, drink her up. It's better than pre-packaged, straight from the source is always tastier." They wouldn't let him go, not until he had drained the girl to the point of of passing out. They wanted him drunk on blood, for his inner predator to burst out in a frenzy for their amusement. At least until a familiar masculine voice cut through. Those who had been engaged in earthly pleasures all scattered and fled as Caddigan's father came down the stairs.

The man's eyes bore down on Caddigan and he displayed a disgusted sneer. "What are you doing in here?" The trio released Caddigan and cautiously retreated, giving the man a wide clearing before running up the stairs leaving Caddigan alone with his father in the blood soaked room. The man continued to casually approach him then once within range his hand snapped up and grabbed Caddigan's throat and squeezed.

"You've been a thorn in my side for too long. I should have ripped you from your mother's womb myself for all the trouble you and her have caused me. Today I'll correct that mistake."

Hanarei Hanarei
    Brass pursued her without hesitation, her cuts on the glass only giving him a stronger scent to follow. The other SMITED agents left behind had orders barked out at them to secure the building and over radio static came a confirmation that the building was secured and surrounded. If Felicia tried to flee the building she'd be shot on sight. It seemed like they were still actively evacuating people from the building as well, using exits as far from her location as possible.

Brass growled viciously behind her, but did not jump after her. He watched as she fell the far distance waiting to see if she'd use her powers to stop her deadly fall. If she didn't stop her fall, the moment she smacked into the hard pavement below she'd snap awake back in the box. If she did use her powers to save herself Brass would make the leap and land safely to continue to hunt her down.

(Sorry it's so weak, I tried to trigger her with her mom n' stuff but that detachment, lol.)

---Area on the Other Side of Door---

---

(Players who are under the effect of corruption currently: Jasper, Kirill, Qerres. Players who still have their gems: Jasper, Felicia, Brass, Caddigan, Theo. Elora also still has hers.)

(Corruption Status: You are now much, much stronger and entirely healed. For the rest of the mission you will remain with this status but can make it worse depending on your reactions/actions. Your characters under this affect will be drawn to the gems of your team members, the stronger the corruption the worse the desire and self-control. If you have a gem still with this status you will struggle to resist from consuming it.)​

Last edited:
    All Trials End
  • Merged Group
    Xemanorth Xemanorth Thatguynameded Thatguynameded Noble Scion Noble Scion Tarmagon Tarmagon June Verles June Verles Hanarei Hanarei Morzone Morzone DapperCat DapperCat baddervibes baddervibes Myriad Myriad
    (We're moving past the trial now. Anyone who was still within one, you're out as of this post. If this post is crappy, sorry. I feel poopy. This is just to get everyone back on the same 'page' and out of the trial.)

Elora shuddered as she blinked and fell to her knees as she was 'exited' her own mental trial. Anyone with keen senses would hear her heartbeat pounding erratically as she knelt there trying to regain a sense of herself. She swallows hard and forces herself to stand and silently takes in the chaos around her.

"F-Fucking perfect," she managed to say.

She went over to Tristan and literally slapped him across the face. "Focus, breath. Center yourself." Tristan held a hand to the cheek which she had slapped and held her narrowed stare with wide wild eyes. "Gather Qerres, Don, and Felicia over to Sang and to who I assume is Brass."

Elora didn't wait for Tristan to confirm he heard her or if he would follow the command. She turned to Theo, his status something beyond help. Jasper was behaving erratically while holding up some form of barrier against some winged entity. Caddigan still seemed to be within the grips of whatever the hell they had all been subjected to though it wasn't looking good for him either based on his body's tension, his hands gripping nothing. Or at least when she first glanced at him because a moment later whatever held his mind released and black veins had spread from his mouth.

"Agent Tiegs, shut the fuck up. You have a complaint you can bitch all you want when we survive and get out of here," Elora snapped as she continued to assess the situation, doing a quick headcount and noting Kirill was absent. Looking at Theo and then recalling her quick notice of the winged thing from earlier she swore under her breath with words that would have made a sailor blush.

"How long can you maintain this barrier?" she asked Jasper. "Kirill seems to have gone rogue and if what Jasper claims about the offerings is true we're going to have to put some protocols in place to adapt to this new shitshow." She was commenting this to Tristan who had been busy doing as ordered and moving the ones Elora had named over to where Sang was. They weren't injured, but they all sure as hell hadn't had any fun where their minds had been.

Kirill, Jasper, Qerres, Caddigan, and Theo were not really entirely themselves any longer. Kirill seemed to have been affected the worst by whatever had happened. Jasper and Qerres seemed to maintain a sense of self enough to not be a major concern at this time. Theo and Caddigan were unknown if they would go rogue like Kirill. "Felicia, secure Theo and Caddigan if you can as a precaution. Jasper, hold the barrier for now and hold the bitching. As much as I wish we had time to linger and process the mind fuck we all just experienced, we should not stay here. Not with Kirill most likely hunting us."

"Gather what you can of your wits, your things, and regroup. Felicia will keep Theo and Caddigan secure even as we begin to move away from this location. If I see any of you infected so much as twitch in a threatening manner I will subdue you by any means necessary."

( Corrupted: Kirill, Theo, Caddigan, Jasper, Qerres. Stones Left: Brass, Felicia, Caddigan, Jasper, Theo, Elora. )​

Presenting Agent Vice
  • Merged Group
    Xemanorth Xemanorth Thatguynameded Thatguynameded Noble Scion Noble Scion Tarmagon Tarmagon June Verles June Verles Hanarei Hanarei Morzone Morzone DapperCat DapperCat baddervibes baddervibes Myriad Myriad
    ( Corrupted: Kirill, Theo, Caddigan, Jasper, Qerres. Stones Left: Brass, Felicia, Caddigan, Jasper, Theo, Elora. )

"It seems you've neglected to remember my words where I said it seems. Agent Tiegs believed him to be a threat enough to erect a barrier," Elora replied to Qerres with a bland expression as the woman began to wave around a flask like she was trying to lure in a dog who had run off with a treat.

Her attention snapped to Jasper who had seemingly lost his damn mind. He took her words and completely went off the rails and misunderstood to the point of a twisted point of view. With narrowed eyes she staked over to the magician and literally punched him with a solid right hook. She didn't care if that caused the barrier to falter, weaken, or drop. "You are the one who is the threat to your team Agent Tiegs. Center yourself! You're the only one feeding your mania at this point now, will you succumb to such a thing or will you wake up and look at the status of the team? You are you until you decide not to be. You are letting this damn place win over you."

Tristan grouped up with the others but he kept a wary eye on Jasper since for all he knew Jasper would fully snap and try and try and harm Elor for her punching him in the face. Elora would dispense tough love if needed and Jasper seemed ready to mentally snap. He left Brass to Sang for comfort, such a change was probably very unsettling. The others seemed stable enough, shaken by whatever they experienced and witnessed, but not as far gone as Jasper.

His focus changed to Kirill when the now winged half-demon landed on the other side of the barrier. As much as Qerres has her own point that Kirill may not have actually gone rogue they would have to remain wary of him and a few others. Caddigan had snapped out of the mental hold and while not exactly himself he wasn't trying to harm them either.

"No one tell anyone if you have a gem left on your person or not," Tristan called out, his voice still edge with nerves but more solid than when he first awoke to this chaos. "We are going to proceed towards our mission goal and reach Pandora. Unless you lot would rather stay here and and wait and see if someone else reaches her or what other fun things are probably coming our way."

"Wait." Elora interrupted, her brows furrowing even as she continued to stare down Jasper. "The broker. It said that beyond this door there were no entities that would kill us, not even the chambers connected to it."

"Oh there is no way that means we're safe," Tristan began to argue.

"The threats from this point are probably not of a physical nature."

"You'd be right about that!" A stranger's voice carried on an echo could be heard and a seemingly human woman stepped out from around a stone pillar in the distance carrying a rather large firearm. She called out a familiar greeting, one which Elora and Tristan had used when their two groups had met up to confirm their identity. The exchange was the same between this stranger and Tristan as the woman casually approached the team but maintain a safe distance, not crossing the thin stone 'bridge'. The woman introduced herself as Agent Vice.

strangerm3.jpg

"The bitch got creative it seems. You guys look fuckin' terrible," the woman commented as she looked them all over. "Quite a number starting to show signs of box corruption. I'd suggest the mentally fragile not proceed. Her tactic is pretty effective, make your own team your enemies."

"What happened to your team?" Tristan asked, still wary of the woman despite the greeting.

"Ran into a gorgon early on, half got petrified. Managed to make it through some other nasties until we got stuck in a scenario that seemed to come from a fuckin' Saw movie. Had to go through a series of rooms with a special little challenge. The people who failed, when we woke up, they were just staring out into space. Had to make a choice and we moved on only for our mental doubts and fears to hound us. Like some of you here, box corruption set in and the other two I was with attacked each other for their gems and I made the decision to keep pushing forward without them."

Welcome to the StairMaster
  • Merged Group
    ( Corrupted: Kirill, Theo, Caddigan, Jasper, Qerres. Stones Left: Brass, Felicia, Caddigan, Jasper, Theo, Elora. )

Tristan frowned as Kirill very loudly made his complaints. Elora kept her focus on Jasper. It was these two who were the most concerning, the highest threat to the rest of the team with their erratic behavior. "Fine, you know what, if someone wants to give Kirill their gem, have at it," Tristan said darkly as he looked at the changed half-demon. "If someone wants to give up their gem to him when he's the one actually suspicious go for it. Ignore the warning signs, the physical change, the odd behavior. We clearly can't finish this mission without him."

"Tristan, you're not improving the situation," Elora coldly commented. "As far as you Teigs, I'll eagerly await for your remarks on me when the mission is finalized as we'll at least be out of this hell. We'll do as you suggest though and muddy the gem waters by grouping together. As far as punching you again, if you cannot understand it's purpose you can think of it what you will."

As Don commented on the fact that Kirill was too conveniently suited and that it presented the perfect situation to go wrong Elora finally turned away from Jasper and looked towards the aquatic man. "That is the observation that is the most logical. Between Jasper's comment about detecting the gems and desiring them it's an obvious point that handing a gem over to someone who is not seemingly themselves comes with the high risk of failure of the mission. How would you counter that perception exactly Kirill? The only thing that is certain is the equal distrust which is exactly perhaps what the box wants. You can either continue with the team or believe what the box wants." She didn't bring up Sang's own comments regarding Kirill's behavior towards her. Sang had said it well enough that he had interpreted his actions as an attack.

Elora glanced towards Felicia, Caddigan, and Theo. Caddigan was worse for wear. "As far as remaining here, I feel staying stagnant will only build more animosity. Agent Vice also shall not be joining us." This was directed towards Sang as she had suggested Agent Vice stay in front of their group.

Agent Vice smirked and gave a small nod, "Can't risk it." She rotated her shoulders a bit and lifted up one hand to give a small wave. "I already went through this mess with my own team, I don't want to endure another round. If you've come from that door then I know it's the wrong way and that's enough helpful information. Benediximus" With that Agent Vice turned and went a different route and down a path she did not emerge from - a small opening in the stone wall - and vanished from sight.

"It's too risky to permit someone to join our group," Tristan said as he crossed his arms. "As much as she knew the phrases and even if she is a SMITED agent, she'll have to proceed on her own as she has been. Just as we will proceed as we have been, despite the obvious internal conflict and other changes. We're going to group up as Jasper suggested and hope those of you who are afflicted with what Vice called 'box corruption' can resist the temptation of trying to obtain the gems of your team."

With that would begin the attempted process for the group to gather close enough for the essence of the gems to be more difficult to hone in one, but separate enough should someone get daring and try to attack someone or steal a gem they'd be able to intervene. It was clear there was a great division within the team and trusting was waning greatly after the trials they all experienced. Rebuilding that trust was something they didn't have time for and so all the could do was proceed and try to complete the mission so they could get out of the box.

As the team makes their way through the archway in the distance the floating castle they'd first seen was closer than before, much closer. It didn't make any sense spatially since it looked as though it would have taken much longer to reach their destination compared the the time it felt for them to have reached this point.

pandoracastle.jpg
    stairsandstairs.jpg

Before them, the only thing in their path in the direction of the floating castle, were stairs. Stairs upon stairs upon stairs with seemingly no rhyme or reason. Stairs that went in a manner of all direction; up down, left, right, vertical, horizontal, diagonal. Archways that went into unknown directions in various places. Up and up this madness went, all the way up to the castle which loomed over them.

"I really, fucking hate this place," Tristan sighed out as he looked at the stairs. "Any one have any ideas on how to cheat our way and finding the most direct path up?" he asked no one in particular. He was honestly ready for Kirill to make some stupid remark about how he could just fly up, only if he did try to prove that point he'd get a nice shocking surprise of a magical zap of gravity that would quite literally grab and slam him into the nearest stairway. Every attempt to fly upwards to the castle would result in him being slammed into the closest stairwell.

Last edited:
    We meet at last, Pandora
  • Merged Group

Elora's patience was growing thinner by the second but she did her best to keep that building frustration to herself. "You want to explain why his gem was removed from his person Qerres, be my guest and explain it to him for no matter what either myself or Tristan states will be taken as a truth or the action done for his benefit and health. I am not infallible, but your growing obsession on what you view as some betrayal is something you should perhaps ask yourself if it's something you or the box wants you to focus on. Like it or not, Jasper has made it clear some of you - the ones altered by the box - are inclined to desire the remaining gems. That coveting is dangerous; to your team and this mission."

"If you don't want me to blame the box for your transformation, then perhaps I should blame you then? I didn't change your form. I did not make you desire the gems of others. And your accusations are mutinous at their core. If you are going to endlessly obsess over your gem at least do everyone a favor and stew silently while we work to finish our mission."

Thankfully the other members of the team - Sang and Jasper - were clearly against Kirill's idea of tying a rope to someone and sending them alone to try and navigate the confusing stairways and arched portals. When Theo suggested the group split into smaller groups to work through the stair puzzle Tristan outright rejected the proposal. "As much as we're not all exactly getting along and don't care much for each other at this point, splitting up at this point is like one of those horror movie tropes. We need to stay close and move as a group. Let Jasper try his method and see if it works and we'll progress from there as best as we can."

Elora thankfully didn't touch on the comment Jasper made to Brass about the human desire to 'rut' constantly as a human. That was a topic of conversation she had no desire in joining into and Tristan was wise and didn't comment on it either as he permitted Jasper to cast his spell.

Caddigan's attempt to scent anything or anyone that had been present in the area came back with only the familiar scents of the team members around him, along with the scent of the blood coursing through their veins. The ones who were corrupted smelt awful though, as though something was horribly off about their blood which did not make them appetizing targets for any blood lust.

The orbs Jasper sent went off to explore the stairways, as they popped into one portal and out another at another point and continued to do this over and over again until they were all out of sight. This left the team sitting and waiting for a few minutes.

"How long should we wait?" Tristan asked as he looked to where the last orb had been before losing track of them all. "If they don't come back after a set period of time we are going to have to go in ourselves and hope we pick the right path."

One of the orbs - color changed to blue - appeared to return at the end of Tristan's comment, zipping in and out of portals and across stairs until halting at the original portal it had gone in through. "Well, glad that was answered," Tristan laughed. "Door number three it is then," he added as he hesitantly approached the arched portal and the orb went within first as a beacon for them to follow as it lead the team to the shortest path of the three orbs that had been sent, the other two orbs still not making an appearance.

Up and up they would go. Sometimes coming out of a portal upside down and hanging over a deadly empty space that should whatever magical gravity that held them let go they'd fall to their death. On and on it continued with the orb leading them through the correct portals at certain junctions. However the orb began to dim more and more over time as the magic of it began to wane. It lasted just long enough for them to go through one final portal which ushered them into some ruined courtyard of the looming castle.

courtyard.jpg

There was nothing but silence to greet them here. No sounds of hidden monsters, no whispering voices, just complete unnerving silence. As much as they would be tensed and ready for enemies or any kind, none appeared even as they made their way closer to the castle itself until the were before a set of looming stone doors. Door which once the whole team was standing before opened with a loud grinding sound as it revealed a ruined stone castle interior beyond.

The castle was in a state of crumbling decay showing signs of immense age and wear. Still there was only silence and no sign of any enemies. It was enough to unsettle the team leaders at the oddity of a lack of threat as they made their way through the castle. "Strange she's not throwing anything at us this deep into her territory," Tristan whispered, not wanting to talk loudly if there was something lurking, stalking, or waiting for them.

Feet crunched on broken glass from windows that had broken who knew how long ago. Corridor after corridor it was the same until they reached a large set of ancient wood double doors and before them was a familiar figure; the Ambassador.

ambassador.jpg
    throne.jpg

"Welcome Agents of SMITED. You have reached Queen Pandora's throne. As by the agreement neither myself nor the Queen may directly harm you. While you may feel inclined to attack, should any of you do so we are within bounds of the agreement to defend ourselves. Also, as much as you may also feel a need to be rude, please remember you are in Queen Pandora's domain and to try and have some decorum."

The doors behind the entity opened on their own and the Ambassador turned their back to the group before stepping into the throne room where a shadowed figure sat upon the ruling seat of power over this evil pocket dimension. Those who were corrupted within their trails would feel a strange pulse through them and the desire for the gems increased greatly, now they knew who exactly still had their gem and where. It would be so easy to take them.

Closer and closer to the throne was the team lead until the Ambassador halts and politely asks the team to stop at least fifteen feet away from the dias. There, sitting upon the throne with a neutral expression and half-rotting body was Pandora herself.

In a voice that was many but spoke the same words, her dark lips parted and she spoke, "How amusing."

pandora.jpg

Internal Conflict
  • Merged Group

It was clear the team was on edge now that they were facing Queen Pandora. Tristan's body was so tense it hurt, ready for something - anything - that was going to stop them from finishing this mission. It wasn't going to be this easy. The trial had created a troublesome division, disorder, and distrust among them. The path from that point had been too easy. No monsters coming for them, just a mad stairwell and the ruins of the castle with no noticeable inhabitants except the Queen and her Ambassador.

Elora was tense as well, the fae parasite within her roiling within her, whispering about the dangerous situation, the dark influence of the box strongest here. It was hard to keep her focus of maintain control and also keeping mindful of what was going on around her. And that distraction was all it took to allow Theo to get so close that he was a threat to her life. Elora had been so focused on maintain control over herself she hadn't heard his movement, smelt the burning metal. Hell, even before reaching this point she hadn't even truly heard what Brass had been pestering about as they had made their way here.

Everything happened in mere seconds. Theo moved to attack her from behind, an attack aimed at being a fatal blow that would have gone right through her chest. Before Theo's hit landed she was shoved aside by Caddigan and Elora lost control and the fae parasite took over. Right before she landed on the hard stone floor it covered her body in that thick, black, shiny skin. She rolled and didn't even hit the floor and was instantly up on her feet growling at Theo viciously, even her head was covered much like a helmet of protection. The 'helmet' receded into her skin and revealed what seemed to be a different person entirely. "You should have let me out earlier," she said out loud, but a comment directed to Elora as she stared down Theo assessing.

eloraalter.jpg

During this commotion neither Pandora nor the Ambassador reacted. What caused the Queen to smirk was Jasper's shouting. "That strong desire to complete your mission, an interesting power of will indeed," she commented with amusement. "You still have choices to make, Jasper."

Her smiled faded then and the pulse, the desire and need for the gems in the corrupted agents increased even more to the point of pain; a maddening pain. Tristan already had his gun out and aimed at Kirill, swearing under his breath. Kirill wouldn't have a chance to lay a finger on 'Elora' for the moment he tried she would use some krav maga tactics to disarm him and try to break his wrist in the process.

"Jasper, get your ass moving and deliver the damn gem," Tristan shouted out as loudly as he could. "Felicia you need to subdue Theo before he barbecues us all. Aeval, do not kill anyone. Qerres, you need to get your gun back." 'Elora' made a tsk sound at the command. Tristan couldn't do much for Caddigan who had taken the spike in place of Elora, but he shifted towards the downed agent cautiously.

"And Kirill, back the fuck off. I don't want to shoot you. Rub some of those brain cells together and think, who benefits from you attacking Elora? The only person who is gaining anything is sitting on that fucked up throne. Are you really going to do exactly what she wants?"

Last edited:
    Internal Conflict #2
  • Merged Group

Avael didn't flick her attention over as Brass because to run as humanly possible for his current state; which is to say fairly slow when in comparison to being in a room full of preternatural beings. She didn't give him much of a chance in reaching his goal. Her mind raced and her predatory instincts were twitching to unleash themselves, but she resisted. One wrong move could cost her the loss of her host and being trapped in this hellhole dimension was an unpleasant thought.

While Feclia had managed to subdue Theo after his attack on Elora, it wasn't enough nor fast enough as he embraced the corrupting powers granted to him by the box... or perhaps Pandora herself. His metal body was more like liquid metal which allows him to split and change form and Avael growled deep in her throat as she waited for the attacks to come. She had intended to fight the golem going for Felicia, but before she could get close enough Qerres tackled her.

Tristan's eyes widened at the chaotic violence unfolding before him. He didn't know if he should shoot at the golems or not, seeing as they were made of metal that could be molded and split from itself made it seem like an unaffected tactic. Then there was the question of how would it actually harm Theo as they were part of him. Did one carry a heart that could kill Theo if struck? He had been too distracted to hear Qerres reply lowly that her gun wasn't loaded. Her struggled words were hard to hear over the violent chaos as well and so when Qerres leapt for Avael he swore loudly but still didn't shoot.

Jasper was busy fighting off a golem on his own and trying to assist in stopping the one going after Brass. Tristan's temporary distraction from Kirill was interrupted when the half-demon spoke to him. He wanted the gem Tristan still held onto, threatening to shoot if Tristan fired and to also shoot if he didn't hand over his gem. Tristan let out a frustrated shout and stopped aiming at Kirill, though Qerres had said it wasn't loaded, it's hard to trust anything anyone was saying right now.

As Tristan held up his hand that held his gun, his finger off the trigger, "I don't have a gem." It wasn't a lie and seeing as how earlier there were comments about those afflicted by this corruption of the box could sense them... he wasn't sure why Kirill was asking Tristan for one.

Avael during this exchange and as Qerres moved to punch Avael over and over had lifted her arms to deflect the blows meant for her face. Between a punch she allowed herself to take a hit to the eye as she wrapped her arms around Qerres's torso and pulled her down and twist herself so that Qerres was no longer atop her, her arms barked in pain from the assault and would likely be horribly bruised.

He would have helped Avael, but he knew better than to interfere with that fae-parasite's tussles. If Qerres was fighting Elora that was one more distraction to try and get someone else's gem to Pandora. But then another thought hit him and he called over to Felicia. "Levitate yours to her," he said with desperation in his voice. "I'll cover you as best as I can, keep it high and out of reach and move it fast, but get it to her."

Pandora still remained seated calming, smiling at the show before her, the Ambassador silently and neutrally standing by her side.

Last edited:
    Mission End
  • Merged Group

(Long Ass GM Note: Severe apologies for the massive delay. I know many of you know between personal health issues and current events in the world my time has been shot. If you missed the tag in Discord, I inquired about either letting an NPC finish this mission or have a PC volunteer for it. Tarmagon Tarmagon was the only user to PM me on this matter hence why his character will be completing this mission. In order to close this and move onto SLICE this will be ending in a 'storymode' where it's basically me being the narrator of events. Because it's been forever if I neglect something it's a simple slip of my mind not remembering everything, so if I miss/forget something sorry in advance and poke me about it.)

The agents were attacking each other and Pandora sat upon her throne watching and waiting to see how events would proceed. She had 1,000 years to plot and bide her time and had learned from each encounter since she had been trapped in this box. One part of her screamed internally to stop the madness while the other enjoyed their suffering because she was stuck here suffering for as long as this prison existed. The box ate away at her body and soul, why should she be the only one to suffer; the box would whisper these thoughts to her. It's malignant suggestions never-ending.

She continued to sit and watch wondering if the time would finally come where the box would unleash all its trapped horrors. How long had she been in this place? When had she stopped counting?

Her smile faded as she watched Felicia try to move the gem towards her with Theo throwing a metal net to try and capture it before it could reach her. It did not reach her, but not because Theo had captured it. No, Jasper's forceful blow of power that had crashed through the room had blasted everyone and everything away from the impact of his staff into the ground, even sending him flying violently to her feet.

Her cold eyes bore down on him as he struggled to speak and for a moment the box looked down upon him in triumph... until he lifted his hand and offered the gemstone. He had managed to resist the allure of power and the corrupting whisper of the box.

"The offering has been made," Pandora said stoically as she took it from Jasper. The moment the gem touch her flesh the box trembled violently, clearly angered it had failed yet again. The stones of the throne room cracked and dust and debris fell, but the building didn't collapse even though it threatened to. The denizens of the box roared and bellowed at another 1,000 years they would be trapped within.

Pandora lifted the gem towards her exposed heart which hadn't been beating. Upon closer inspection, one could see that her heart seemed to be entirely made of the gemstone itself, but cracked and weak. Once the offered gem touched the crystal heart it absorbs it wholly and shudders after the cracks heal and begins to pulse.

pandoraheart.jpg

As her heart beats Pandora's body begins to heal. The rot giving way to renewed life and as Pandora is restored so too is the realm of the box itself. Pandora closes her eyes and takes a deep breath as color returns to her cheeks. The weakening seal of the box restored as well giving another 1,000 years before the cycle would repeat and the crystallized heart would weaken once more. Pandora's heart served as the seal of the box which came with perks but also a price of the power. She was tied to the box, both prisoner and warden until a solution was found to destroy the box or keep it closed forever.

"The game has ended," Pandora announces with authority. "All outsiders are to be ejected."

The Ambassador bows to the renewed Queen and snaps their fingers. The next moment the agents are pushed out of the box, a feeling as though one was swimming against a strong current of water and equally as suffocating. It would be enough to panic some, though the feeling only last for a few seconds before unceremoniously dropping from about three feet in the air and onto the ground in an open field.

Medics who were on constant standby and rotating shifts waiting for agents to released from the box don't waste time rushing to assist those who need medical attention. Stretchers are rushed and agents carried away, others are tended to immediately before being moved. All those who had entered the box had all been released within the same area and that is where our agents now find themselves as well. The perimeter is secured as though expecting all hell to break loose, appearing prepared for the box to open with armed agents, tanks, and looking ready for a war.

With the mission successfully completed the armed personnel were now tasked with dealing with the corrupted agents. While all the afflicted agents have been restored to their former selves that didn't mean they would go back to being who they were before they entered the box. The corruption was like an addictive drug and there would be symptoms of withdrawal in those who had been afflicted. It affected everyone differently, but those first few moments of being out of the box were especially jarring and some reacted violently, attacking other or even themselves. Those who reacted in this manner were subdued; usually with sedatives or worst case tranquilizers. Then they would be taken to the temporary medical buildings to be treated and monitored for a week's time; enough time for the effect of the box to have fully worn off.

Those who were injured but not corrupted were taken to a different medical wing and the severe cases directly transported to the clinic and temporary field hospital buildings. This was no different for our group of agents who are treated and tended to no differently than all the rest and leftover gemstones were quickly collected (using special equipment to detect the power signature lest someone try to keep one) to keep corrupted agents from being provoked into harming others.

(And it is here I will end the mission. So no more replies here! All replies shall now need to occur in SMITED Slice which will have the prompt. Thank you to everyone for your patience and understanding.)

Back