• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Darth

spacefaring vagrant
[OPENING RECORD: 4_212_137.M42...]

Status Report...

Cruiser designation: ARDENT SWORD failed to respond to hails...
Radio silence in effect for more than 3 weeks...
Vessel is presumed lost or destroyed...
Recommended action: Order ADEPTUS ASTARTES for retrieval...

Negative, new priority identified...
Inquisitorial intervention required...
Request Order: ORDO XENOS...

Interrogative... Request Order: EXTERMINATUS...?

Negative, relay message to LORD INQUISITOR PYRRHUS...
Intended mission: INTELLIGENCE COLLECTION...
Rendezvous with Cruiser designation: OBERON in orbit around MARS...
Specifications will be provided once aboard...
Mission classification: CONFIDENTIAL

Interrogative... Priority is not Xenos extermination?
Xenos incursion is present...
Planet status: UNKNOWN
Confirmation needed...

Affirmative...
Send the order...

Message sent...
Awaiting response...
Any further instructions...?

Purge this record...

[END OF RECORD...]

Hello! I’ve been looking for a Warhammer 40k RP for a while and it seems they’ve been rather sparse. So, I thought it’d be cool to try out own. I’m rather new to GMing, not a lot of experience but I’ve got eagerness on my side. I’ve less experience with the actual tabletop aspect of 40k, but I absolutely love the lore.

*For those out of the loop, 40k is a grimdark sci-fi fantasy universe that deals in all things horrible. War, daemons, fleeting lives, etc, etc...

Here’s the gist of the RP...
I’m looking for 4-5 players to take on the role of a Space Marine Deathwatch “Kill-team,” attached to an Inquisition flotilla en route to a planet that has mysteriously gone silent. These Marines can come from any chapter and can be specialized in various weaponry.

I’d prefer Space Marine characters, however, I’m open to other roles, just PM if you’ve any creative ideas.

I have more planned out, of course, but this is just an interest check.
If you’re up for a grim adventure, leave a comment below.

Here is some important information...

• This RP has a very mature setting, it would be recommended that participants be 16 or above.
  • The setting is meant to be realistic, characters, though powerful, are not unkillable. Rash decisions have the possibility of dire consequences.
  • Character death doesn’t result in expulsion, new characters are encouraged and welcome.
  • A discord server is planned for this RP, for more easy communication. How the actual IC interactions will play out is yet to be decided.
  • This RP will rely on character stats for combat and environment interaction. This helps make combat more structured and unpredictably fun.

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

~ Darth

Last edited:
I'm betting that someone will want to roleplay as a Dreadnought in this 😂

I just know it..

I'm down. Always looking to represent the best Chapter, Imperial Fists.

I failed to mention this in my initial post, I wanted to have characters rely on stats for combat and environment interaction. How do y'all feel about that?

Yeah, somewhat. More so just combining the storytelling of pure text RPs and the fun unpredictable combat of stats. It won't be the exact same of course. I don't want to overcomplicate things.

Oh, yeah, that's fine. Deathwatch was my first RPG, so I'm down for it or something like it

Cool, I'll get to work on setting everything up. I'll wait a little longer to see if we can attract any more interest.

Oh yeah, time to be (Loyalist world eaters) the executioners.

Here is the CS page.

Oh I am very much interested!

I'm betting that someone will want to roleplay as a Dreadnought in this 😂

I just know it..

*STOMP* *STOMP*

'Why have you awoken me brother? Beautiful dream I had. Two warrior-maidens of the Imperial Guard.'

*STOMP*

'Twins they were!'

Still open? Thinking a Inquisitor/Deathwatch trooper.

Yep, let me know once you decide upon the character.

UPDATE: I changed the CS page a bit, electing to get rid of the creative liberties I took with the score titles. They are now listed as STRENGTH, DEXTERITY, CONSTITUTION, INTELLIGENCE, PERCEPTION, and CHARISMA.

Oh I am very much interested!

*STOMP* *STOMP*

'Why have you awoken me brother? Beautiful dream I had. Two warrior-maidens of the Imperial Guard.'

*STOMP*

'Twins they were!'
Tankred has awakened

Hey if there's a space I'd happily jump onboard!

Thinking of going as a marine, but what do you reckon the chances of a Mechanicus Adept tagging along would be? (Shoot down in flames if it doesn't work!)

dude... i would love to join but the fact that there are more Greek and latin words in warhammer 40k lore than you could physically count on a caterpillar’s legs, I don’t know if I could manage it.

but have fun reviving the big e or shutting down the warp and killing him or whatever. just take down chaos ya know.

dude... i would love to join but the fact that there are more Greek and latin words in warhammer 40k lore than you could physically count on a caterpillar’s legs, I don’t know if I could manage it.

but have fun reviving the big e or shutting down the warp and killing him or whatever. just take down chaos ya know.

Thou art right! All these latinus wordus unimagnintus!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back