• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
Hey if there's a space I'd happily jump onboard!

Thinking of going as a marine, but what do you reckon the chances of a Mechanicus Adept tagging along would be? (Shoot down in flames if it doesn't work!)
Easy solution, be a tech marine.

I mean I'd say it's a different character dynamic. A tech marine is marine first and foremost having only been permitted to learn certain aspects of the Martian Mysteries. Was just some idea spitballing though, happy if you dont envisage room for a member of the mechanicus and to stick with the good old Adeptus Astartes

RayPurchase RayPurchase , I don't see, as of right now, why an adept would cause any issues. Why not, we're about creativity here. Perhaps there is a way to work your character into the plot as well.

I mean I found a handy little article (Thanks Lexicanum!) That the rank of Reclaimator are known the accompany Inquistorial retinues. Tasked with salvaging old and damaged systems. Or hey given where they're heading to, may have attracted the attention of a full blown Magos Exploratos (though they'd probably have a full fleet in tow so maybe scratch that idea)

RayPurchase RayPurchase - Sure, that sounds reasonable. Looking forward to seeing your character.

Speaking of which, it seems it's time to set up more of the lore bits since this has acquired quite a bit of attention. A lore thread will be up soon.

Also, what are y'all's feelings about how to actually execute the RP? I personally like discord for easy communication and organization. However, sometimes that's not people's cup of tea. Thoughts?

I mainly use discord as an ooc platform and keep most rp's on site. Either works for me though

Hey Darth Darth
Currently I am experiencing some technical issue with PMs, preventing me from sending them, so would you mind if I copy-paste the most critical parts of my aborted message here?

I mean I'd say it's a different character dynamic. A tech marine is marine first and foremost having only been permitted to learn certain aspects of the Martian Mysteries. Was just some idea spitballing though, happy if you dont envisage room for a member of the mechanicus and to stick with the good old Adeptus Astartes

100% agree with you and if I was able to send PMs I would literally be writing what you just did. There are too many nuances within the Priesthood of Mars for a Techmarine analogy to be made without leaving stuff out.

RayPurchase RayPurchase - Sure, that sounds reasonable. Looking forward to seeing your character.

Speaking of which, it seems it's time to set up more of the lore bits since this has acquired quite a bit of attention. A lore thread will be up soon.

Also, what are y'all's feelings about how to actually execute the RP? I personally like discord for easy communication and organization. However, sometimes that's not people's cup of tea. Thoughts?

I'll just copy-paste the part of the aforementioned PM here dealing with this:

3. You mentioned Discord communication. I understand the utility of real-time communication, however in my experience, forum posting is superior method for roleplaying itself - especially for those who write more slowly. As such I prefer if we could use this place, for IC at least. What are your thoughts on this?

Zeth Zeth - I appreciate the input. I've just had poor experiences in the past regarding the IC thread organization. Occasionally, things can get rather cluttered.

However, I do see why you are partial to forum posts. I agree that pacing is very important, especially for those who need more time.

Perhaps, we could compromise? We could still utilize a Discord for communication and discussion, yet the IC posts will be hosted on RPN.

In my experience the best combo is to have OOC on Discord (alongside funny memes and whatnot) while IC, CS and Lore are kept on RPN. RPing on Discord is, based on previous experience, gets cluttered and messy really quick.

Darth Darth
In my experience the best combo is to have OOC on Discord (alongside funny memes and whatnot) while IC, CS and Lore are kept on RPN. RPing on Discord is, based on previous experience, gets cluttered and messy really quick.
I agree with this completely, personally. I'm not the biggest user if discord, but I do have an account.

Midrick Midrick - No, you don't have to, but just keep in mind that your character might run into trouble in terms of engaging any ranged threats.

OOC is up

Lore page has been started, more will be added later

Got any room for a Son of Sanguinius here?

Edit: Also, any chance this squad could use a Chaplain? =D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back