• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
Is anyone being the antagonist? I can play other races if you need xenos or heretics. (I could be Deathwatch, but I feel everyone would already fill up the Imperial side of things anyways. I own Death Guard IRL too so I could be Chaos if there needs to be someone to fight.)

What if we had two teams? One loyalist and the other xeno/heretic? Maybe another alien race that's not genestealers? One where people can have actual characters fighting the Death Watch Kill Team?

My original plan was cooperative play, not PVP.

And yeah, our roster is getting a bit heavy...

Why not PVP? It adds a challange, allows more people, and adds a sort of teamwork aspect. Keep in mind Kill Team IRL is PVP.

Then he's basically excluding everyone and this is going to be yet another boring rompstomp of the Imperium. Some people actually want to play as Chaos/xeno.

Jaredthefox92 Jaredthefox92 - This is my own twist. It's more inspired by the 40k lore and RPG elements rather than a direct integration of existing games. It intends to blend narrative elements while also adding stats for structure and simplicity. Adding a PVP element would change the game dramatically.

My intention was never to exclude people. I said that I was open to other roles, but not ideas that would undermine my initial plan.

I apologize that this RP doesn't accommodate your preferences. Perhaps there will be others that suit your fancy.

Commissar Darman Commissar Darman - Did you have something specific in mind?

nothing specific. I just noticed you had tempestus, and since its a fleet. you'll have mechanicus, navy officers, there is always guard, plus the naval security.

Jaredthefox92 Jaredthefox92 - This is my own twist. It's more inspired by the 40k lore and RPG elements rather than a direct integration of existing games. It intends to blend narrative elements while also adding stats for structure and simplicity. Adding a PVP element would change the game dramatically.

My intention was never to exclude people. I said that I was open to other roles, but not ideas that would undermine my initial plan.

I apologize that this RP doesn't accommodate your preferences. Perhaps there will be others that suit your fancy.

Commissar Darman Commissar Darman - Did you have something specific in mind?

Dude, this isn't anything "new" I've seen this on plenty of other RP forums where people just want to play with a few select people who want a power fantasy of space marines. Your system isn't that original, it can be simply redone on other sites.

You WILL exclude people by not having two teams, it's simple math. You only have so many Deathwatch and this will be half of the population of bodies than without two teams. Tell me, how will you allow everyone to join in?

You know what buddy? I'm already going to run one myself, it will be more failtful to the tabletop, allow TWO competitvie teams, and it will make people have to earn their team's victory instead of it just "Imperium wins like always".

I'm well aware that it's not original, in fact it uses DnD style stats for characters. I just wanted to make it easier to track.

If people want to play, than I'd be happy to try and work things out. If they dont, that's fine too.

I hope your RP goes well, if what you said is true, then you'll be adding something that the forum is missing.

I really mean that. You seem very passionate about the tabletop aspect of 40k.

I'm well aware that it's not original, in fact it uses DnD style stats for characters. I just wanted to make it easier to track.

If people want to play, than I'd be happy to try and work things out. If they dont, that's fine too.

I hope your RP goes well, if what you said is true, then you'll be adding something that the forum is missing.

I really mean that. You seem very passionate about the tabletop aspect of 40k.

I own both First Strike and Dark Imperium, I main Death Guard and I'm sick and tired of the fandom excluding people who are xeno or heretic players. It just damns the chances of making a cool veteran heretic character who meets his fate in a roleplay.

well, as I was saying. you have a lot of room for some Auxiliary style forces for people to play as. What would you say would be reasonable?

We already have an adept from the mechanicum. Someone of the navy or Tempestus would add some flavor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back