• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ~Magicborne OOC and Bants~

MrBossMan MrBossMan : I don't think I ever specified - I think it would make sense if people were immune to their own magic as a general rule, otherwise you'd have Ignal mages setting themselves on fire all the time.

On another note, Lioness075 Lioness075 and Semblance Semblance , I may be guessing completely wrong but do you guys do that thing where you have linking character names? I've definitely seen those two twin names from you before Lioness, and Semblance checking back at Magistone your character there was also a Rylan with a name beginning with A :)
*blushes* Maybe.

Lol, yeah I do. I always use Leandra and Manjano for twins in RPing and I always try to stick with the female x male twins set, so I can use these two names.

MrBossMan MrBossMan : I don't think I ever specified - I think it would make sense if people were immune to their own magic as a general rule, otherwise you'd have Ignal mages setting themselves on fire all the time.

On another note, Lioness075 Lioness075 and Semblance Semblance , I may be guessing completely wrong but do you guys do that thing where you have linking character names? I've definitely seen those two twin names from you before Lioness, and Semblance checking back at Magistone your character there was also a Rylan with a name beginning with A :)

And it would make sense if a Santigion was not able to heal themselves, since it would just be recycling their own life energy, resulting in a zero sum equation.

Leandra always has some kind of an optimistic personality, whereas Manjano tends to be either angsty or very serious.

Stickdom Stickdom So, one of Leandra's personality traits...

"While curiosity killed the cat, Leandra is not a cat, but is quite curious regardless. She loves to learn more about the world around her. If she ever goes somewhere new, Leandra would love to explore the marketplace and see how different the town's or city's crafts are from her hometown. She loves to collect tiny animal statuettes and often pesters local potters for more to add to her collection. Most of her collection has ended up coming from her childhood best friend, Twin."

I finished the paragraph and realized it's kinda awkward how it ends. XD Want me to just tag you in parenthesis after 'Twin'? Also, are you okay with this being a part of her background? I figure she'd really enjoy this kinda stuff after losing her sight. She'd be able to feel the statuettes and envision the animals they are.

I was thinking about possibly changing Lukas' main weapon to a spear instead of a staff. That way it still could serve as a hybrid of both a walking stick but with a pointy end.

Plus I think it'd make more sense for a weapon used in the war.

I don't think I can come up with a tagline for Leandra...I'm rarely any good with puns or snappy stuff like this. >.<

I also need help with coming up with her current occupation. Given she's lost her eyesight, it'll be hard for her to work just about any job now.

Stickdom Stickdom So, one of Leandra's personality traits...

"While curiosity killed the cat, Leandra is not a cat, but is quite curious regardless. She loves to learn more about the world around her. If she ever goes somewhere new, Leandra would love to explore the marketplace and see how different the town's or city's crafts are from her hometown. She loves to collect tiny animal statuettes and often pesters local potters for more to add to her collection. Most of her collection has ended up coming from her childhood best friend, Twin."

I finished the paragraph and realized it's kinda awkward how it ends. XD Want me to just tag you in parenthesis after 'Twin'? Also, are you okay with this being a part of her background? I figure she'd really enjoy this kinda stuff after losing her sight. She'd be able to feel the statuettes and envision the animals they are.

If it's statuettes she collects, he also does some woodcarving too (since Agrirran covers plants as well, there'd be the same level of skill in those also.) Actually, I was thinking about changing his craft a little bit and instead of majoring in pottery, he'd be a wood craftsman, specializing in instruments, like flutes and lap-harps and little things like that. I figure Leandra would also appreciate those since she lost her sight, since her hearing is nearly perfect especially when she uses her Sensorae, she'd replace having a bow and arrow in her hand for a violin bow. That would add to their interaction of him crafting and singing (I really want him to be a singer as a way to express all his pent up emotions), and she can sit there with him and play alongside him while he works. Just a thought, might make things a little more interesting for his character.

I also need help with coming up with her current occupation. Given she's lost her eyesight, it'll be hard for her to work just about any job now.
See above post for an idea about her current occupation XD

If it's statuettes she collects, he also does some woodcarving too (since Agrirran covers plants as well, there'd be the same level of skill in those also.) Actually, I was thinking about changing his craft a little bit and instead of majoring in pottery, he'd be a wood craftsman, specializing in instruments, like flutes and lap-harps and little things like that. I figure Leandra would also appreciate those since she lost her sight, since her hearing is nearly perfect especially when she uses her Sensorae, she'd replace having a bow and arrow in her hand for a violin bow. That would add to their interaction of him crafting and singing (I really want him to be a singer as a way to express all his pent up emotions), and she can sit there with him and play alongside him while he works. Just a thought, might make things a little more interesting for his character.
Ohh, this is a good idea! She could work at the local tavern(s) as a musician to earn extra coin when she's not hanging out with Twin. I really like this idea, thanks! She could totally be a violinist. :D

Lioness075 Lioness075 I just came up with a great character idea, but I have to get going for a while, I'll drop you a PM about it when I get the chance!0

So, I see that there is a section for 'skills, interests, and fears' and I feel like I've already well-established the first two throughout the CS itself. I can only think to add fears for this particular section. Do I really need to try and think of even more skills and interests to add for Leandra?

Had to edit the CS since the coding was acting up on me and not leaving spaces between paragraphs. CS should look be good now. I still can't come up with a tagline for Leandra. >.<

So, just as a reminder, I'm going to be at drill from tomorrow through Sunday. This means I will be unable to edit my CS until I get home each night and knowing how drills usually go with my unit, I'll likely not be in the best mood each night. So, I may not end up editing my CS at all until Monday.

Regardless, I will have my phone handy and will get to pop on here and there throughout the day. Thus, I'll be able to, at least, respond to the conversation regarding edits and all that good stuff. ^^

On a completely unrelated note, I've just finished reading the first book in the Mistborn series, which a friend from church very kindly lent me - has anybody else read it and what did you think? (and also no spoilers for the rest of the series as I intend on reading them at some point!)

Dude, I LOVE Brandon Sanderson. I've read every one of his books that is currently out barring the wheel of time books he co-wrote with Robert Jordan, but I'm working on that series right now, it's quite long. I hope you like them, the rest of the series and even the rest of his books are really good, and I recommend them fully.

SkyGinge SkyGinge Semblance Semblance

Just letting you two know I've finally fixed my post. I edited the whole Cordelius Fugal and the scroll with the twin names out of the post altogether. Sorry for jumping the gun on that one. I promise next time I'll let you two know before I plan to do something like that again. I don't know how you two feel about it, but at the time of that post I was pretty stoned.

I won't be "writing under the influence" again.

:)
Haha sounds good! Don't worry about it at all. Sometimes writing "under the influence" is fun and actually produces more creative writing than you would expect ;)

So, basic summary of my twin, just to throw it out there as well. My disabled twin would have practiced Earth magic and he used to work in the mines alongside his father. But when a cave-in occurred, he used up an enourmous amount of magic in one burst to try to stop it. It only partially worked, and he ended up turning part of himself to stone, right on his chest, so he has some pretty bad heart problems. I imagine it almost like leprosy or some other skin disease, where it's slowly creeping over his body over the years. So I picture him going from being an active, hard-working member of society to not being able to do hard labor without collapsing. He changed his course, staying at home now and actually turning his hand at a craft, pottery. He uses what little magic he dares to help shape the pieces he's crafting, and he's a skilled artist after several years practice. But he still longs to be active and run around the village with the other ones his age, and he feels like he's kind of a failure of their generation.

So, long way around, Lioness075 Lioness075 , the kind of character interaction I was thinking was that our two disabled twins became rather close over time. I have a picture in my head of my twin sitting outside of his house and spinning a potter's wheel while your blind twin sits nearby, he tells her stories and sings while he works and she enjoys his company because she feels he can understand her without thinking she's just some pitiful cripple, while my main twin watches over them both like a "big sister" even though they're all the same age. I don't want to assume too much about your character and their personality or habits, so it's open to changes and ideas you have as well :3
My twin's father is actually also an Earth mage who was a miner! If you read my backstory, he lost both his hands in a cave-in, so I think this would work perfectly in linking our characters if you wanted to do that :) More specifically, my twin's father was the last one out of the mines and got trapped underneath the rocks. His fellow workers ran back to try to help him, but their only choice in such a time-sensitive situation was to cut off his hands. Perhaps your character tried to free him by using his earth magic, but the impending cave-in forced the other workers to go the more drastic route. This would put a lot of guilt on my twins' father (as well as my own twin, Adela), since he just caused a young boy to lose his ability to wield magic. So depending on your character's personality, they could either bond over both losing their magic or resentment could build up inside of yours. Also, my twins' family and your family would likely be family friends due to their shared profession?

Haha caught red handed! I usually recycle last names but I always try to come up with new first names. For some reason, I prefer female names that start with A, especially medieval ones

So! I managed to get some writing done on my train journey - however, my phone ran out of charge meaning I wasn't able to get as much done as anticipated. In addition, I underestimated just how massive thus post is going to be, especially given I'm having to write it via phone! So I'd wager I have about 50% done, and will be endeavouring to finish and post before the wedding I'm attending tomorrow, which'll mean you North American folks will be able to wake up to it. In the mean time, people can continue posting tonight pre-time-skip just to tail of these interactions! :)

So! I managed to get some writing done on my train journey - however, my phone ran out of charge meaning I wasn't able to get as much done as anticipated. In addition, I underestimated just how massive thus post is going to be, especially given I'm having to write it via phone! So I'd wager I have about 50% done, and will be endeavouring to finish and post before the wedding I'm attending tomorrow, which'll mean you North American folks will be able to wake up to it. In the mean time, people can continue posting tonight pre-time-skip just to tail of these interactions! :)
Character's almost done, I swear! I had to fight off an invasion of code problems hiding under the surface, I finally found the broken little bugger that was causing me all the grief, so now my code looks at least half decent XD Now I'm faced with another problem... the post is long, like not just with words, but like it takes up an extraordinary amount of scrolling... so the real question: To accordion or not to accordion.

SilverFlight SilverFlight

Are you gonna post next or shall I? I'm cool either way.
I wasn't notified that anyone had posted. It's now even happening when I am actually tagged. This is driving me crazy. There isn't a single note in my history that said I'd been tagged in posts here. Rrrrg. I'll work on a post today.

I am not getting tagged in posts here either oddly enough. Must be just a little hiccup in the system.

I wasn't notified that anyone had posted. It's now even happening when I am actually tagged. This is driving me crazy. There isn't a single note in my history that said I'd been tagged in posts here. Rrrrg. I'll work on a post today.

It's all good, no rush. I'm glad I tagged you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back