• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ~Magicborne OOC and Bants~

News update: You know that road trip I was on yesterday? Yeah, still on it. Been in this car for about 36 hours now, had to make a couple of extended rest stops overnight. Almost home, finally. 0% of my twins complete. I'll probably have to spend the rest of today recovering from traveling, so I should have them up at least as a rough draft sometime tomorrow.
Damn I like road trips but wow, 36 hours is a REALLY long time to be stuck in a car.

Can't wait to see your twins!!

Okay all!

I kinda did something near the end of my post. Basically I put all twin characters names on a scroll, which Thalia stole to help Lukas, but the scroll was signed by Cordelius Fugal. I just wanted to kinda tie in the story. It may have been to much on my part so SkyGinge SkyGinge and Semblance Semblance if you want me to edit or change my post I'll do so with no hesitation. I don't know if what I did impacted your plot any and I don't want to ruin nothing.

If y'all read you shall understand.

K, BossMan out.

(Sorry if this is incoherent I'm not completely right in the head right now. It's 4:20 over here.)
Could you clarify how you wanted to tie in the story by having all of their names on the scroll and signed by Cornelius? Like were you just trying to suggest that there's something different/special about everyone on the scroll?

It doesn't ruin the plot or anything, but the only thing I'm concerned with is that Cornelius would not likely have published an official record of all the twins (without giving anything away). Also, if he were to sign the scroll, his wife would probably have signed her name (Ciesta) as well (if we're assuming that this scroll was produced around the birth of the twins.)

However, I will let SkyGinge SkyGinge have the final word on this!

Happy 4th everyone!

'Merica!
Happy 4th!! :)

Semblance Semblance

Initially my plan was to simply have all of the twin characters on this piece of paper. It'd then be signed by Cordelius Fugal with a strange symbol at the bottom. I did this so when the time comes for our twin characters to be abducted we have a sorta baseline to follow. For instance if the characters all get abducted then we have this scroll signed by Cordelius (and his wife) then our characters could have a direction to follow. That direction being find Cordelius and ask him questions. Of course he's dead though so...ya.

However I'll admit It is kinda sketchy. Why would Cordelius put a secret list in a public library and the chances of Thalia picking it up are rare. So like I said before if it needs to be edited out I will certainly do so without a fight.

SilverFlight SilverFlight

Oh sorry, I must have misremembered something. I thought you said she'd helped him hide his magic vein before. But I could understand how she couldn't have since she's been in Salarch. So I will edit out that paragraph to make it more accurate, again sorry for that.

As for the scrolls I reckon we could simply say the scrolls Lukas didn't mention weren't important because IC Thalia said there were five or six, but Lukas only read three. So for all those scrolls just skipped over we could fairly say they were useless/mundane ones from the library.

Would that work?

Semblance Semblance

Initially my plan was to simply have all of the twin characters on this piece of paper. It'd then be signed by Cordelius Fugal with a strange symbol at the bottom. I did this so when the time comes for our twin characters to be abducted we have a sorta baseline to follow. For instance if the characters all get abducted then we have this scroll signed by Cordelius (and his wife) then our characters could have a direction to follow. That direction being find Cordelius and ask him questions. Of course he's dead though so...ya.

However I'll admit It is kinda sketchy. Why would Cordelius put a secret list in a public library and the chances of Thalia picking it up are rare. So like I said before if it needs to be edited out I will certainly do so without a fight.

Oh sorry, I must have misremembered something. I thought you said she'd helped him hide his magic vein before. But I could understand how she couldn't have since she's been in Salarch. So I will edit out that paragraph to make it more accurate, again sorry for that.

As for the scrolls I reckon we could simply say the scrolls Lukas didn't mention weren't important because IC Thalia said there were five or six, but Lukas only read three. So for all those scrolls just skipped over we could fairly say they were useless/mundane ones from the library.

Would that work?
Yup, I'm making up a post as we speak. ^^

Loved both of your post!

I'll try to have mine up later today when my tablet charges.
tenor.gif

Alrighty, folks, working on my twins now, on and off as I can. Been delayed for a few days, but now I have some free time and motivation to get started. So, Agrirran twins inbound, should have something to show for it by the end of tonight, I think.

Semblance Semblance

Would that work?
Ah got it! That was good thinking, but you guys shall soon see that the twins will not be totally without direction when the abduction occurs ;)

Again, the only issue with having a public scroll incriminating the twins is that Cornelius would probably not have done that

Alrighty, folks, working on my twins now, on and off as I can. Been delayed for a few days, but now I have some free time and motivation to get started. So, Agrirran twins inbound, should have something to show for it by the end of tonight, I think.
Sounds good, thanks for the update!

And damn loved that response SilverFlight SilverFlight ! I personally would have completely given in to her, but I'll have to do some more character analysis of Augustine to accurately figure out how he would react. Although I highly doubt August would push it further, given the genuine emotions Thalia displayed in the situation. After all, his twin sister is Adela, who is certainly filled with emotions, so he has been almost trained to soften up in front of emotional females ahaha

Ah got it! That was good thinking, but you guys shall soon see that the twins will not be totally without direction when the abduction occurs ;)

Again, the only issue with having a public scroll incriminating the twins is that Cornelius would probably not have done that

Hey that's all good!

I'll make sure to edit that part of my post out when I get back online.

Heya, quick question. So if this is a small village and all the characters have lived there their whole lives, or at least most of their lives, why are they going through all these introductions now? Wouldn't they have known each other growing up? I just glanced through a couple of the posts on the first page and it seems like most of them are acting like complete strangers, which doesn't seem to fit the setting at all :/

Just wondering so I can set up my characters appropriately, maybe set up some pre-existing connections with he other characters. Anyone able to gimme some pointers? Semblance Semblance SkyGinge SkyGinge

Heya, quick question. So if this is a small village and all the characters have lived there their whole lives, or at least most of their lives, why are they going through all these introductions now? Wouldn't they have known each other growing up? I just glanced through a couple of the posts on the first page and it seems like most of them are acting like complete strangers, which doesn't seem to fit the setting at all :/

Just wondering so I can set up my characters appropriately, maybe set up some pre-existing connections with he other characters. Anyone able to gimme some pointers? Semblance Semblance SkyGinge SkyGinge
Hey so most of these characters do previously know each other but there are a couple new characters who have just moved back to town after being away for most of their lives (such as Jude and Thalia), so those are probably some of the new introductions you've been reading

We did discuss character relationships prior to starting the RP, but we mainly focused our main twin since they are the ones we will be RPing for most of the story. Thus, some of the new introductions involve the side twins b/c we didn't really hash out any relationships with them. I admit that does seem a little unrealistic in a small town, but it was more for our own sake :)

But once you make your characters, we can discuss relationships with them!

Last edited:
And damn loved that response SilverFlight SilverFlight ! I personally would have completely given in to her, but I'll have to do some more character analysis of Augustine to accurately figure out how he would react. Although I highly doubt August would push it further, given the genuine emotions Thalia displayed in the situation. After all, his twin sister is Adela, who is certainly filled with emotions, so he has been almost trained to soften up in front of emotional females ahaha
I bet on the fact that August may have a soft, fluffy interior behind his righteous, tough exterior.

Question (again): What nationalities are all the characters? How many of each do we have so far? I'm planning on making my twins Nortalis-Meridania hybrids through marriage, I'm just trying to figure out if it would be more appropriate for their parents or grandparents (or add on some additional "great-" if necessary) to have been immigrants/refugees from the war into little Bordissa from the black fog border. The general story would be "Meridanian refugee flees to quiet Bordissa after the war, settles down after gaining trust, marries and has family, life goes on until twins are born however far down the line." Some help placing this on the timeline would be fantastic, I'm still trying to work out all the details of the great lore we have stockpiled up here. XD

Thank you SkyGinge SkyGinge for leaving that character application open indefinitely or I would've just politely accepted life's tyranny and died. Still a bit scatterbrained after everything (as well as jetlagged), but I'll still do my best to get that yet-to-be settled character sheet out! D:<

I bet on the fact that August may have a soft, fluffy interior behind his righteous, tough exterior.
Haha well you guessed right

Question (again): What nationalities are all the characters? How many of each do we have so far? I'm planning on making my twins Nortalis-Meridania hybrids through marriage, I'm just trying to figure out if it would be more appropriate for their parents or grandparents (or add on some additional "great-" if necessary) to have been immigrants/refugees from the war into little Bordissa from the black fog border. The general story would be "Meridanian refugee flees to quiet Bordissa after the war, settles down after gaining trust, marries and has family, life goes on until twins are born however far down the line." Some help placing this on the timeline would be fantastic, I'm still trying to work out all the details of the great lore we have stockpiled up here. XD
Large majority of the characters so far are from Nortalis, given that's the more likely scenario in how they ended up in the small town of Bordissa. However, we do have Synder Synder 's Xander who has a Meridanian background (correct me if there are more that I forgot!). But that sounds like a pretty solid background to me :)

Thank you SkyGinge SkyGinge for leaving that character application open indefinitely or I would've just politely accepted life's tyranny and died. Still a bit scatterbrained after everything (as well as jetlagged), but I'll still do my best to get that yet-to-be settled character sheet out! D:<
Haha sounds good! Can't wait to see them :) I would say try to get them up before we time skip to the twins' capture, just b/c I think you'll want to be here to RP that scene and it'll be easier to integrate you guys beforehand (same for you Stickdom Stickdom ). I think the plan was to do the time skip sometime this weekend, but if you guys can't get your characters up before that, don't worry! As long as they're up before the first chapter concludes, you'll be fine

Last edited:
Sorry I haven't been very active recently. I hoped to get a post up today, but I'll try and do it tomorrow as I've let time slip this evening.

Hi guys, sorry for my silence, still haven't been in the greatest of health and have been having trouble sleeping which hasn't really helped things at all! Am just about to catch up on everybody's posts now - my plan is to make a pretty big post tomorrow on my train journey which will move things past the present and onto the next stage. You guys will have the chance to write something pretty dramatic off the back of it leading into a change of objectives which will climax this first chapter! :D When I'm in better health (which again I'm hoping will be soon but my body is resisting that hope :P) I'll be doing some housekeeping stuff, tidying up the map page as per Semblance's help, sorting those Agrirran spelling mistakes and editing a couple of other things as well :)

MrBossMan MrBossMan : Kudos for the creativity anyway with bringing it in, and we're all for subplots/tying stuff into the main plot like that! Perhaps run it past either me or Semblance first in the future though just so we can work around specifics :)

And, to reply to an older topic of conversation, I actually listen to surprisingly little music compared to most people, which is especially strange given I myself am a musician! I have a playlist with quite a lot of random different stuff from all over Europe, in varying genres, but I know for sure I like a genre called liquid drum and bass (which is softer, jazzier than straight d'n'b), some alternate pop and some types of light pop - I'm pretty picky with it though and wish I could figure out further subgenres within those so that I might find some more artists I like! :P

@Vaccum : To add to Semblance Semblance 's answer to your great question before, you may notice that sometimes posts seem to have two different stages to a conversation going on at the same time - for example, my reply to Volfy had me have Ambrose answering Fiore's hello, then replying to her further question, then offering a new question. It's pretty hard to get a finger on and gets a bit wibbly wobbly timey-wimey sometimes, but in written RP like this I often find you factor in responces to earlier parts of conversations, meaning your post can kinda be writing very subtly about two different stages at once! Other RPs handle it by allowing people to go to PMs in 1-1 conversations so that you can sensibly rapidfire the conversation, but I've found this leads to problems when people disappear and then you just end up waiting forever for a reply. There are pros and cons to doing it this way, and I've got a vague idea of how to systemise it so that it doesn't get rekd when people disappear, but I'll discuss it with Semblance Semblance when my brain is working a little better!

Stickdom Stickdom : Looking forward to seeing your characters! Apologies for the lore being a bit scattered - I do believe it says when the current war began in both the additional lore section and under the King's NPC section :)

Fenn Fenn : Hooray! Great to see you again and glad you're doing a bit better now - Semblance's suggestion of aiming for a submission by tonight would be great because then I'll be able to look at stuff on my train tomorrow before I make my big post, and you guys can start to work on relationships in here whilst we start moving things on!

We also should be being joined by an old friend in the shape of Lioness075 Lioness075 over the next few days! :D

On a completely unrelated note, I've just finished reading the first book in the Mistborn series, which a friend from church very kindly lent me - has anybody else read it and what did you think? (and also no spoilers for the rest of the series as I intend on reading them at some point!)

Semblance Semblance SkyGinge SkyGinge

Tonight or in a few days might be a little hard. I'm overseas doing some memorial services/paying respects to my ancestors/all that stuff. It's pretty tiring. I can still try to get something out tomorrow or the next day after but I'm pretty much dragged around more than half the time. :q But hey, I can still figure something out if you guys go ahead. It'll be a bit easier since my main character lives out in the outskirts.

Fenn Fenn : Sure, no worries! :)

Am all caught up - fantastic posts folks! MrBossMan MrBossMan The bit when Lukas introduced the poem had me cracking up - I heard the excellently dry tone of his voice and it really tickled me XD Again yup, love the idea of the scroll but feasibly it wouldn't work having Cordelius Fugal's name on it, unfortunately!

Volfy Volfy : Forgot to say before, but cool - looking forward to it, and that'd be ideal if you could get something up tonight as it'd come just in time for the big post tomorrow! :D

Stickdom Stickdom : Looking forward to seeing your characters! Apologies for the lore being a bit scattered - I do believe it says when the current war began in both the additional lore section and under the King's NPC section :)

No worries, I found all the info I need (I think, you never know what you don't know until you do), but just for convenience's sake, shouldn't you put a copy of the important NPCs in the Lore section? It's all well and good to have it with the other characters, but especially since I do most of my reading on mobile (but not writing, thank God), having it on a single page is highly convenient XD

Hi guys, sorry for my silence, still haven't been in the greatest of health and have been having trouble sleeping which hasn't really helped things at all! Am just about to catch up on everybody's posts now - my plan is to make a pretty big post tomorrow on my train journey which will move things past the present and onto the next stage. You guys will have the chance to write something pretty dramatic off the back of it leading into a change of objectives which will climax this first chapter! :D When I'm in better health (which again I'm hoping will be soon but my body is resisting that hope :P) I'll be doing some housekeeping stuff, tidying up the map page as per Semblance's help, sorting those Agrirran spelling mistakes and editing a couple of other things as well :)

MrBossMan MrBossMan : Kudos for the creativity anyway with bringing it in, and we're all for subplots/tying stuff into the main plot like that! Perhaps run it past either me or Semblance first in the future though just so we can work around specifics :)

And, to reply to an older topic of conversation, I actually listen to surprisingly little music compared to most people, which is especially strange given I myself am a musician! I have a playlist with quite a lot of random different stuff from all over Europe, in varying genres, but I know for sure I like a genre called liquid drum and bass (which is softer, jazzier than straight d'n'b), some alternate pop and some types of light pop - I'm pretty picky with it though and wish I could figure out further subgenres within those so that I might find some more artists I like! :P

@Vaccum : To add to Semblance Semblance 's answer to your great question before, you may notice that sometimes posts seem to have two different stages to a conversation going on at the same time - for example, my reply to Volfy had me have Ambrose answering Fiore's hello, then replying to her further question, then offering a new question. It's pretty hard to get a finger on and gets a bit wibbly wobbly timey-wimey sometimes, but in written RP like this I often find you factor in responces to earlier parts of conversations, meaning your post can kinda be writing very subtly about two different stages at once! Other RPs handle it by allowing people to go to PMs in 1-1 conversations so that you can sensibly rapidfire the conversation, but I've found this leads to problems when people disappear and then you just end up waiting forever for a reply. There are pros and cons to doing it this way, and I've got a vague idea of how to systemise it so that it doesn't get rekd when people disappear, but I'll discuss it with Semblance Semblance when my brain is working a little better!

Fenn Fenn : Hooray! Great to see you again and glad you're doing a bit better now - Semblance's suggestion of aiming for a submission by tonight would be great because then I'll be able to look at stuff on my train tomorrow before I make my big post, and you guys can start to work on relationships in here whilst we start moving things on!

We also should be being joined by an old friend in the shape of Lioness075 Lioness075 over the next few days! :D

On a completely unrelated note, I've just finished reading the first book in the Mistborn series, which a friend from church very kindly lent me - has anybody else read it and what did you think? (and also no spoilers for the rest of the series as I intend on reading them at some point!)
I read the first book. Actually this rp did bring it to mind. I liked it well enough. It's got a very creative setup in terms of the magic. There are some nice twists and turns but it did go on a bit at times. It takes a little patience.

Just a note, working on my CS still, got a decent first character draft up, threw it into my private workshop to test how it would look and the code fell all to pieces. I expect another day to work out all the bugs, so I apologize for the inconvenience. I know we're coming up on the timeskip shortly, but it would be in my character's background to be out wandering while the kidnapping takes place of the twin left in Bordissa, so if you feel the need to move ahead, by all means do so and I'll have her show up after the fact and witness the aftermath.

Ah I heard it's a great series! This is the second time in the last week that I've heard of Mistborn being related to some fantasy magic RP. It's definitely on my to-read list, now that it's certainly caught my intrigue

Just a note, working on my CS still, got a decent first character draft up, threw it into my private workshop to test how it would look and the code fell all to pieces. I expect another day to work out all the bugs, so I apologize for the inconvenience. I know we're coming up on the timeskip shortly, but it would be in my character's background to be out wandering while the kidnapping takes place of the twin left in Bordissa, so if you feel the need to move ahead, by all means do so and I'll have her show up after the fact and witness the aftermath.
Ugh I hate it when that happens! Coding can be so difficult sometimes, so no worries take your time. Regarding the location of your main twin, I think the plan was actually to have all of the characters be sleeping when their twins are being captured then they all awake simultaneously SkyGinge SkyGinge

SilverFlight SilverFlight MrBossMan MrBossMan I plan to post a response for Augustine sometime tonight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back