• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

The Field | Forest of Chaos

Gav rolled as he hit the ground and was quick to rise as momentum tugged on him to a grinding slide on his shoes. In the same instant as he rose he caught the flicker of something in his vision that made him prep for a hit that was deflected by Sera's cover fire.

Did that thing almost just hit me?!

What the actual fuck was this nonsense?! He didn't want to say this out loud but it really seemed the timing for this and the lecture they had received was really well placed. Impeccable, one might even say. Either they were being punished for what had happened moments ago by a deliberate act from the staff or this was really the greatest coincidence of all time. The longer this went on also Gav had to admit the more he felt the need to put an end to this sooner. If it weren't for Sera's cover fire the creatures before them would have just rushed them again- and with how fast they were he had to continuously feed into his reserves which only meant he had limited time, just like every other Meister here. If they didn't end this soon and things dragged on, well--

Look out!​

Startled by the alarm in the voice, a fact he didn't want to admit- Gav's eyes snapped in Agnes direction and in the same instant he caught the sight in time of the girl rescuing Vanya, before his attention was forced back to the three rushing them.

Glancing back towards Sera he made a signal with his hand, gun sign. Sera locked eyes with him and then turned his attention back to the beasts.

Three rounds went soaring in the hybrid creature's directions just as they broke formation and charged. One did a narrow dodge, the other took the shot and pushed on through- its trajectory spearheaded straight towards Sera and closing, the third went for Adrasteia with its claws- but Sera's assist hit it straight in the throat, knocking it completely off balance and toppling its aim off completely as it retracted.

Gav dodged the claw sweep aimed for him with a jump to avoid his agile attacker, hooked the beast with his uppercut, got a clubbing from the beast's tail that knocked him into the dirt in the next motion.

While Adrasteia's attacker was completely disoriented giving her the opportunity of a lifetime to strike now that the golems were no longer as restricting, Sera's attacker aimed to bulldoze him into a tackle. Of course the sniper would have dodged and the moment he did the beast turned in a swift motion, yanking on one of the spikes on its shoulder and pulling out a spear, it aimed and fired at Sera, taking the brunt of any possible attacks and then jumping into the air for distance, it pulled put two spears from each shoulder--

--Gavril scowled under the weight of his assailant as its tail coiled around him and then slammed him into the ground; once, twice, thrice, each strike throwing subtle flickers of pain into his back. The first winded him as he hadn't expected it and the inertia he felt increased as the world span suddenly. The second ironically focused him, and as he was raised for the third he flexed his wavelength and released a powerful but short burst of it into his attacker. Like being electrocuted, the creature brought him down harder but the effect was static, shrieking, and--

--the airborne beast threw two spears at Sera. At the same time, the two in the background that had called for back up launched one spear individually at Adrasteia and another in Agnes' direction where their monkey ally had fallen into the pit of the Meister's own creation. Tau countered them with a wave of wind that spun the spears in an arc back to their throwers and immediately both creatures went down for cover.

Gav forced his aching body to rise, barely registering or even considering the pain as he focused on steadying his breathing and keep the slowed spinning from overwhelming him. He stumbled once, steadied, and as he came to a full stand the beast dropped behind him- unconscious; body twitching, sparks of static flying, its tail unclenching from Gav's body as he yanked it off and threw the limp limb aside.

Incapacitating them is more trouble than its worth, Gavril scowled as he took a moment to recover, his senses more focused on their surroundings. So much noise to filter through but he was pretty certain he could hear it. The chime of creatures in the distance. He slipped a hand on to the gadget, eyes jolted to Sera's direction and dodged the spear thrown at him at him without any of his wavelength this time. Better to reserve what he had after dumping 19% of a 100 into that electrocution. The only thing he did was slightly boost the skin durability of his hand and let his hand slide along the spear as it passed him and push it to shift the trajectory off so it would aim for the dirt instead of completely missing him incidentally hitting someone else.

Even if almost everyone here was a complete ass wipe, last he wanted was to have the shit of injuring someone by dodging certain death.

The beast dealing with Sera swiftly retreated as several golems from Tau's side went after it like raving bees. Growling and snarling it swatted and crushed several of the stone configurations, flinging broken pieces in Tau's direction with a tail flick and chucking some at Sera. Frustration set in with its roar, and in the distance- closer this time, yelping could be heard as the pack of support drew closer.

Gav's eyes narrowed. "That sounds like a lot more than 9." And yet only nine had given them this trouble. Granted it looks like 3 were down but from that howl he could tell at least 12 or even fifteen were approaching.

A whistle echoed in Gav's ears and he jumped, a back flip as he caught both spears upside down, whirled with the momentum in midair, and sent one flying towards the beast Sera was fighting, which it quickly blocked with its tail- then having made his decision, Gav launched the other spear in his right hand in Ciel's direction. It went streaking towards the Weapon, missing Ciel completely, and stabbing the beast in the left thigh, knocking it off its balance with the force completely to give Ciel the chance to knock it down.

In the same moment the earth trembled, not literally- but...spiritually? He couldn't explain it. Gav was no Earth Shaman, he had tried to learn the ways of the land, the Ennui of his master and failed- but the land vibrated around them suddenly, a tune he had not noticed before till now. All while a sudden spear went flying in Tau's blindspot, it came from the most random direction imaginable, it tingled with strange energy that even she could sense. Dark flecks of maroon red and purple flaking off it as it soared to strike her down.

But then something strange happened. Gav heard it, maybe the others felt it- whatever it was, it was brief. The land suddenly went from dirt to grains of sand, rocks floated up from the sand like dead fish in a lake, and before the spear could pierce the Fairy- a stone shot out right in front of her. Sand exploding outwards and raining around her as it took the hit for her- revealing the spear imbedded in rock while it's too was 7 inches from Tau.

Turning to see the slab of stone, the spear, and then Tau- Gav's eyes widened briefly, then resolutely narrowed.

Enough is enough. If incapacitating these guys was going to be more trouble, then breaking the rules in this case could be overlooked.

And if it wasn't, well fuck them then. He wasn't about to die here nor did he care to see anyone here die here either.

Four beasts similar to the ones they were fighting and covered in bone plating landed visibly on the tallest trees, Tau's conjured storm rumbled foreboding but before her electric attacks could even land, the beasts had already moved on. Every second that passed Gavril could tell that the rest of the pack was getting closer. It was becoming clear that the creatures they were fighting were scouters, gauging the toughness of the hunt for the rest of the pack. And if that was the case then--

--the magically conjured clouds rumbled as the area slightly darkened, Tau's storm spreading- stretching to try and cover the field. With the terrain suddenly shifting, no matter how hard she might have tried the storm magic she used would not go any further or grow any larger, in fact if she noticed- oddly enough- the storm seemed to resist any attempts at strengthening it.

One spear came flying in a random direction, but before it could hit a bolt of lightning struck it down. Another came flying and the same result ended with a bolt of lightning knocking it out.

Gav flared his wavelength, and moved.

In an instant, he was behind the creature Sera was fighting. Gav grabbed the tail as it swung like a mace in his direction, caught the tip before it could stab into him, then with a powerful twist in the opposite direction he ripped the stinger off and swiftly stabbed it into the side of the beast. Sera's opponent went down instantly with a screeching wail.

A rush of motion and a blur of movement, Gav had crossed the field to the two scouters in the back that had been sniping at them with spears.

As he closed in Gav skidded on his heels- there was a brief flash from his body and as his eyes narrowed, then as he saw it coming the Meister ducked under the swing of one bone spear from one opponent--

--got skewered into the ground as he was rising to counter the stinger coming for him by the second hybrid creature.

For a moment, if anyone saw what happened for just a few seconds, Gavril Klovic, was as good as dead. Pinned to the ground by the stinger of one of the creature's that had been sniping them with those spears, staring up at the monster in sheer surprise and pain.

You'd think this would have been the perfect moment any staff member would intervene, but nothing happened. Dantas didn't say anything, no voice said a word.

The tail pulled away from its target, Poison dripping off the edge as it slipped out of the wound it had inflicted on Gav's frozen form.

It was only after the damage had been done did Dantas and the staff speak- but when they spoke they did not care to address the fact a DWMA student had just been gravely wounded. Rather they said the group was now free, shackles vanished, Gav's injury remained ignored. Midori appeared in a explosion of colors without sound--

--and the two creatures that had wounded Gav went down with their throats slashed open, blood weeping from their necks as a second Gavril appeared between them with two broken sticks in each hand. The first Gavril, flickered like a visual on TV, then vanished as the second landed.

"Well if that's how its going to be then let's fucking GOOO!" Gav roared, shouting clearly with vivacious energy, unharmed.

And then just as the first group of monkey-scorpion hybrid beasts landed on the highest tree tops, Gav's wavelength flared- igniting like gasoline lit, every creature on those branches turned sharply in his direction, their spears ready. His scowl rivaling their fanged leers.

But before he or they or anyone else could strike, someone else struck first.

Notary: Sybil Sybil BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul Phayne Phayne Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider Arcanist Arcanist mewmilk mewmilk

Interactions: N/A

Mv3Qgdc.png

MidoriHoshi

"The Shade"

Species Death Golem
Partner None (Autonomous)
Rank One-Star Elite

Location Gaea Glade
Mission Yell at Dantas
Status Irate

• “No! And, you’re missing the whole point! You asked about my faith in the DWMA, so let me answer. I had faith that perhaps I could come back and be a member of this organization, but what have you subjected me to? This program? Normal students don’t go through this, I know--I was one at one point. This is nonsense.”

The mage chuckled, nodding, there was no sarcasm in his voice when he said this. "Yes, we know. It is nonsense. But I didn't bring you here, your actions- all of you down there- your peers included, brought you here. DWMA has a system of chances --"

Midori was now enraged and cut him off at the mere mention of the word chances. “--I died. I was brought back. I didn’t do a Death-damned thing wrong--”

"Oh really?" Dantas brows quirked up and the look of genuine surprise, clearly mocking. "You really believe that don't you? You know how many times I have seen someone from either the Guild or DWMA spout the same thing? Let me show--"

“No, Dantas,” he said, almost as if disappointed that the magician continued. “Just please stop. You asked me a question then argued when I gave you an answer… if you think you can convince someone they’re wrong that way, then you’re not the genius the textbooks make you out to be,” he explained with a clear amount of almost pathetic emptiness.

“I watched you kill one of those creatures, yet tell me I can’t… but you don’t know the first thought I had was I’d kill one to save one of those assholes, did you? No, I’d have given my place in the program for a life, but now I don’t even want a place. Your chains and rules and whatever other bullshit you have planned for us--it has nothing to do with how I want to help people, and I’m not doing it anymore. I won’t follow your rules,” he told him with a clear finality. Dantas may have been one of many, but it was clear Midori was projecting all of the ‘nonsense’ onto him.

The mage simply smiled. "The rules were you can't kill a creature, and if you do, I remove you. But, Midori, you don't seem to be thinking- at least not clearly. At the beginning when you all came here the guide told you all to stay on the path, if you refused- you were removed- no exceptions. But, what did I do when most of you did? Did I kick anyone out? Did you see me add a demerit? Was there reprimanding for those actions? Midori, you can choose not to follow the rules or you can choose to listen to --"

Midori erupted again at this notion. “No. No no no, fuck you, and fuck that. You have people that are unstable, borderline criminals down there and you want to tell me that the rules you set forth are optional? That’s even fucking worse. You’re not helping. If anything, you’re hurting. How you structured this program has made me not want to be part of the DWMA when I came here hopeful to find my purpose.”

Midori was clearly angry at this point. Every word seethed an entirely different point of view than Dantas showed him. “The only purpose I’ve found is to tell you to fuck off.”

Just as he was about to say more, Dantas stopped. Eyes flicking to the side. "No. Because, I do that and--" he sighed. "Okay, okay- OKAY! Alright. She wants to talk to you." And before anything else was said, Dantas transformed into a woman, black hair in a bowl cut, star pupils, a business suit and dress pants. The woman was just a little shorter than Midori, and she looked at him with cold narrowed eyes.

"Hello, cousin." Kagomi stated in a measured tone. "I see you are frustrated with your…" her eyes looked down to where the fighting below was happening then back up at him, "current situation. So tell me, what would you like us to do, since you feel this is all for naught?"

Midori was surprised to say the least. The sight of anyone from his clan was a bit of a shock, but it did make sense. The Hoshi were deeply integrated in the DWMA and it further made sense that one would be watching over his progress. Still, he wasn’t as liberal with his words as he had been with Dantas. Midori bowed as per tradition before continuing--if anything, a testament to his significant shift from his heated mood with Dantas.

“I don’t see a way to salvage this situation, cousin. I don’t know what you--as a whole--want to see from me, but I know being an agent has next to nothing to do with this… chaos. Look at the people you’ve paired me with. Mages that go feral, half of them would go left if you said right out of pure spite, you saw what that flail did--I would rather fight alone than have that liability. And, what Dantas said about rules? The only logical conclusion I could come to is that you are testing is how far we’ll go before breaking rules, but then what’s the point? That’s teaching bad habits as there will eventually be covert missions with real rules we will have to follow or fail. If you really want us to do something, you have Dantas appear with magic and force us to. You defeat the entire point of seeing what we will and won’t do when you selectively force us to do some things while making others options. Cousin, you have to see the futility in this,” he told her, making as valid of arguments as he possibly could. Midori might have a temper, but he wasn’t stupid.

She nodded, albeit slowly, but at the last sentence the nodding stopped. "I do not, and here is why. This test is designed to study behavior. All of you, not you alone. You've seen the effect yourself Midori- the flail, that Star student, your other peers- your reaction tells me that the test is working. Two days for intelligence work isn't easy if you don't have access to the detailed documents of the target you are after. We do, but we also have to ask ourselves, how much of this still applies? How much of your behavior three months ago applies to the you standing before me right now? How different are you from the way you were yesterday or a week ago? Sapiens, us, we're chaotic variables of change Midori my dear cousin. And to understand how to help all of you, we need to see your actions- not just the printed word on paper. Right now, you are questioning a system that was designed with the direct intent to be unfair. You've been on the field, Midori- tell me, how often does a plan follow through 100% of the time, the exact way we detail it? The point of this whole test is to see how you all behave when we put you through something. We judge you on your actions, because that is what tells us the most of who you really are."

Midori listened, but there was still a disconnect. Even with his cousin attempting to tell him that missions went array, the particular outline of this test didn’t translate to the real world. To judge their behavior? That made sense. But to justify observing that behavior when it was so controlled? No. That didn’t add up.

“Cousin, with all due respect, what point is there of judging our behavior when it's so artificial? I understand that missions in the real world rarely if ever go as planned, but to tell me that there is a significant value in how people act when they’re magically forced to while simultaneously given optional rules seems absurd. I think you should choose one or the other: the rules we’re told we have to follow or the magic that forces us to behave the way you want,” he explained to her, giving his first piece of real constructive input.

Kagomi inhaled deeply, then exhaled slowly. "A moment then." She nodded, and turning around to the open space before her- she went as still as a statue. Silence following for several seconds as she gazed out on to the horizon, unloving, frozen in time.

After nearly thirty seconds, the thing that was Kagomi broke down into particles, sand on the green plated ground. The particles split into separate blobs, the blobs wiggled, grew, expanding in mass and form and then they twisted into the appearances of several figures, Kagomi and Dantas being the only ones that projected visual imagery while the rest were just dark statues of various figures and forms.

"We have discussed," Kagomi stated.

"And," one of the silhouettes responded, "your point has been made. The initial purpose was to let you all find out for yourselves and see how you reacted on your own, but things will have to change."

"You will all be free to kill now-" another female stated.

Joined in by a different voice, "--not that you weren't free to do so in the first place--"

"Hush," Kagomi chided. "The upcoming events that will unfold as the day progresses will force you all to kill in certain cases anyway. The day is going to be hard on all of you, but how- well" Kagomi shrugged, "we have no idea."

"The weather does things here you see," a male voice stated.

"The point is, the rules will now be based on you all ensuring your own survival. From this point on, we will play no part meddling in your affairs. Dantas?"

"The shackles will vanish soon. The restraints I put on them will go when they are gone," He informed.

"You will all be given autonomy to act how you see fit, unless of course things escalate like before--"

"--Which if they do," the feminine silhouette of one replied with a charming giggle, "well we'll just have to cut some of you out if that happens a second time. Won't we?"

Kagomi, Dantas, and all the silhouttes that surrounded Midori nodded as one.

"But there is one rule we have for you Midori." Dantas stated. "You can't tell anyone what we've told you. Usually, this is where I would bind your tongue with a spell but since doing that would be forcing a rule on you, I will trust Kagomi when she vouches for you that you will keep your mouth silent on where you were, and what we have discussed. Agreed?"

A lot of things began to make sense now. This group seemed very disjointed. He almost pitied them. He imagined attempting to organize anything with his newfound companions and almost regretted voicing his complaints. Nevertheless, here we was.

“Agreed,” Midori responded to them. He considered a snide comment to Dantas about relying on his magic or perhaps his discontent about being bound to any one of them, Tau or whomever. He ultimately chose not to; to quit while he was ahead. “So what now?” he asked.

"Now we part ways." Dantas clapped. And the second his hands met, the world lost color, a powerful sucking sensation pulled on Midori, reality stretched infinitely forwards into a tunnel of muted colors, and before he even realized it- he was back on the field, color returning, shapes reforming, a distance away from the others. Far enough from the mayhem to be safe, close enough to jump back in.

If Midori even noticed, there was a flicker, and the shackles were gone. The same flicker flashed on everyone, whether they noticed or not- and just like that, they were all no longer bound.

"New rules, you will no longer be bound to anyone--"

"You can thank Trigger Warning for that." Interrupted a female voice, Kagomi's voice "From here on out you are all officially on your own, no more interruptions, no more new rules- now your only task is as it was: survive."

"Good luck," Dantas finalized. His words echoing in the wind.​

5988c4fc439438be358e67ba0a4b6f16.png
86a4f3e9756b7fa8cc8f71feacadd01a.png

~Mentions~
Almost everyone
~Interactions~

"Thank the heavens. At least this is a compromise.." sighed Ciel as he glanced down at the shackles that no longer chained him with Adrasteia and Sera, two problems that he didn't really want to have to deal with on an even more personal level. The mere thought of having to go through the rest of this spartan program chained to either of them had essentially made him ponder whether or not he would have been able to actually survive this whole ordeal. Whether he'd succumb to the 'shared pain' that they'd undoubtedly have to go through, or whether he'd do the deed and end his own life, Ciel knew that being chained with either of them was a matter of life or death. That being said, it was highly unlikely that this sudden change in the rules had been brought about by his over the top complaining, rather it seemed that for probably the first time that day he and several others were of the same opinion. Was this the first sign of teamwork?

Of course there was always going to be a catch and while it was true that they were no longer forced to work with specific people chosen by Dantas, it still seemed that these new rules would still try to force team work, only this time they were given the option of they'd inevitably be paired with. Well at least Ciel would get to have some say in this, knowing that Meisters were most definetily out of the question. He wasn't quite ready or willing to share his faith with one of those self-important egotistical faux warriors of justice. Others that he'd avoid were those that already showed just how problematic that they could be, individuals like Midori and Adra whose personalities for one reason or another would be highly effective at wearing Ciels patience.

Any further thoughts on the matter were cut abruptly as before Dantas could finish explaining the new rules, the group were suddenly attacked. Gav being the quickest to react and the cause for Ciel to react as well. A small crater had appeared in the ground form where Gav had earlier stood and upon the re-appearance of Gav a few meters away, Ciel had instinctively brought out his Grigorian Wings, the blue haired boy using the wings to propel himself upwards just in time to see one of the spears shoot right under him and bury itself into a large tree behind him; a good portion of the bone weapon appearing out the other side of the trunk. His troubles however did not end there and upon his descent back to the ground he had caught quick movement from within his peripherals.

Out of pure instinct, Ciel had turned to his side and raised both arms to shield himself from the new assailant but it would have been a futile attempt at protecting himself had it not been for the intervention of Gav, the meister throwing one of the bone like spears in their direction; the calcified weapon embedding itself into the left thigh of the creature knocking it off balance and giving Ciel enough time to land on his feet, his arm now transformed into the fist like form he had used to strike the reptillian beast earlier. Before allowing the beast to get back to its feet, Ciel had punched the creature hard in the face, the force of the impact causing the hybrid monstrosity to slam its face deep into the ground. However rather than retracting his enlarged fist, the strands of frozen straw that had taken shape began to unravel into an orgy of various strands, each beginning to snake around the body of the fallen beast, wrapping themselves around its appendages and maw as Ciel quickly began to bind the beast, preventing it from any further attempt at causing harm. Once fully entwined in his strands, the straws would be severed from Ciels arm, remaining frozen and tied tightly around the creature.

As this went process went on, Ciel had been largely ignoring the goings on around him, not noticing the disappearance of Midori, nor caring for much for anyone else as they each dealt with the situation in their own right. Agnes's earth shattering attempt being the only real nuisance as Ciel was momentarily imbalanced from the large vibrations.

Alas, it wasn't much longer before an eerie silence seemed to invade the area and Midori standing firmly on the ground with a euphoric aura permeating off of him as he rabbled on about sex. Looking beyond the assassin,the countless corpses of the various creatures littered the field and Ciel could only gawk at how quickly and effortlessly they had been dispatched.

Adrasteia Chandrice
"Whiplash"

The weapon was out of commission in her bindings, and the exhausted body and mindset matched the helplessness. Death was an escape, as the alternative in her present-oriented mind was being under the pressing thumb. It was oppressing, her heart beating slow as it lagged behind the fast-moving world around her, words and conversations morphing into lazy contortions of audible language.

Someone.... bring it back... I can’t... can’t take this quiet... this... lack of.... feeling...

The sounds of whizzing projectiles and such made the weapon tilt her head up through her frazzled hair, her yellow sunken eyes watching as this mutated abomination of primate and scorpion began to barrel itself towards her. It was... unsightly... yet inviting at the moment. Her eyes locked on as the time slowed to her, the options weighed. Death. Life and struggle against the chains of the metaphorical and literal. It was deafening, the chance of choice which for the first moment since her break she was truly indecisive. Death was not something to fear... it was a release. Was this her chance to be free?

She took a short breath, flexing her hands and arms to brace, the decision being made... only for her restraints to fall away as she just made her decision she thought.
Now it was robbed from her.

So.... we meet again.... the only true bottom... despair...

The feeling shook her core, this hateful spark at her own bubbling tar of hopelessness that threatened to drown her. She was toyed with and used, her old chains in her mind she used to shackle herself and keep herself polite? They had come back so easily when she was imprisoned. This fact.... sent her past rage. It was blinding, this feeling of hopelessness and lack of options.... it left her empty.

The primate missed as she dodged, sidestepping, and looking at the beast as she never averted her dull eyes. She threw her arms up which had hung in front of her, one whipping into the chain and lashing around the neck of the large beast, her other arm following up the hold with a placed stab using her somewhat dull blades at her hand with a swift solid strike between the massive shoulder blades before twisting the blade 90 degrees and sinking it more.

Suffer... suffer you ignorant beast without the mind to know your position.... your slavery is in your mind by default... suffer as I do, feel my despair. Feel it deep in this core.... feel what humanity did to me... I will show you what they push me too...

Her breathing steadied, driving the blade up inside and hooked it into bone, using the throat-wrap and stab To keep herself at the creature’s side and out of reach, pushing them down to their side to keep themselves from getting up. Adrasteia was no longer caring about killing or sparing these animals, it was about pain. Unending pain, to inspire despair in whatever she saw in front of her that confronted her. Her soul of weird hues and sounds now sung slow and groaned like a cello being sawed in half with its bow as the despair now sung. She was running on the fumes her body was producing, but she was pushing it further now and tearing muscles and pushing her limbs to their limit.

Feel... it... Damn you...

Interactions: The Regal Rper The Regal Rper

code by RI.a

Last edited:
Skoll

bd03fe633850e19f0141e9e40e7e756f.jpgWaking up after a terrible knockout to be told that they were going to be interrogated so soon after was bothersome. This whole situation was bothersome.

On top of a soured pride.

Skoll’s body ached from having his soul touched. He would have much rather had a limb chopped off than gone through that.

Skoll so no point not complying with the DWMA’s questions, but there was only so much a person could answer in one go. He told what he could.

Back in Death City, Skoll had his hands in his pockets, with an annoyed look on his face. Sure, the attention was cool. He liked attention, but this was a bit much. He didn’t want cameras and microphones shoved into his face when he was feeling his pride damaged.

Besides that, he did look at the surrounding area as they travelled through the city. It was his first time here, after all.

It was once he was alone that he called his Mother, filled her in on some details. It was a pleasant conversation. Something he doesn’t really have with any other people.

During his time off, Skoll had taken the time to do his daily workouts and shifts, along with reading manga that he had when he wasn’t training. There wasn’t much else to do, and he wasn’t about to sit idly and waste his potential because of missing a day of training.

He was in the middle of a set of pushups, sweat dripping down his face, when that annoying, chirping ball circled his head. He almost headbutted it from the surprise that coursed through him.

Damn! Some entrance! Can’t give a guy a warning?” He grunted as he stood up, wiping his forehead with the back of his hand.

The floating ball didn’t really give him time to throw a shirt on, but luckily he had one sitting nearby. He snagged it as he followed along, slipping the shirt over his head.

Colleagues my ass,” he muttered under his breath. He didn’t feel a connection whatsoever with anyone he had seen from the Paean Program. Gavril was only kind of a connection, but the guy had left a bad taste in Skoll’s mouth after dragging him into a fight he wanted to avoid, even if the Pink Bitch was claiming she was being kind.

Bah.

Mv3Qgdc.png

MidoriHoshi

"The Shade"

Species Death Golem
Rank One-Star Elite

Location Death City
Mission Redemption
Status Determined

Mentions: Arcanist Arcanist

Futatabi.

Sweat trailed down his face from his thick, dark hairline following the wet path left by the beads that came before it. In his eyes was a focused determination, but his muscles trembled, quaking like a motor deprived of fuel attempting one last crank. The young assassin whose deft agility was so fine that the air did move where he stepped now could barely support the weight of his half-hunched body. This type of exhaustion was unlike any from the training that the Hoshi Clan had put Midori through before--save the conditioning of his youth. The clan favored their flawless, efficient form honed to pure excellence from excruciating training. Midori thrust out his left arm which itself was bruised and half mangled and transformed it into its sword form, albeit this time its blade edge longer and leaner than before. His left eye winced, his cheek twitched, but in the moment, his wavelength shot through the blade and the dark star in his eye reappeared.

In front of him stood an elderly man, his body shrank from age with hair as white as snow save a few lone black strands in the front. Yoru☆Hoshi. A cruel bastard if ever there was one. When he saw the arm of the young clanmate in front of him transform again, he grinned despite the blatant pain it caused. He held out a wakizashi in one hand, its back blacked by designed, its blade enforced with his own wavelength. He watched closely as the wavelength in front of him burned intensely, its subtle flickering almost choreographing what Midori was to do next. It was a flamboyant display of power unlike anything the Hoshi ever instructed.

It happened in an instant. Midori with his speed that filled even Gavril with a furious envy was parried with the short blade of the master in front of him, then thrust back with a forceful palm to his chest that sent him flying and reverted his arm back into its natural state, leaving it even more damaged than before. Midori and his entire world shook as the green energy from the Soul Menace that was shot through him still coursed in his muscles and for a moment, he laid twitching on the ground. But, only a moment. Soon after, he stumbled back up and locked eyes on the wakizashi of Yoru-sensei.

Futatabi.

Midori was grilled like the others. Lord Death and the investigator went through the questions over and over. Some repeats. Some with slightly adjusted details. It felt like every time they talked to a different student, they came back to ask the same questions in a slightly different format. To say they used a fine-tooth comb would have been an understatement. Conversations that should have been ten minutes lasted an hour. It was half the day before their stories apparently meshed up well enough that they were allowed to leave. Those that were, at least. Midori was one of the first ones out. His disgrace of being knocked unconscious meant he had little to provide. One would call it a silver lining...

Except there was never a silver lining to disgrace for the Hoshi. He and even his senior that was taken out by Antivu were admonished. Reminded of the pride that is the Hoshi and that they remain the shining star that all others wish to be--even the the bastard Star Clan. It would have came with far, far harsher consequences, but the context diminished the disgrace. Antivu was famous for killing elites as it was, in fact, another clansmen. While this was a hit to their image, it did at the very least set the bar for what it took to fight a Hoshi. As for Midori? He was taken out by the Shihan. And that pink-haired bitch had done enough to earn even their respect despite being from another bastard family.

Akari Hoshino. The first of her name to ever really amount to anything. The Hoshino were cousins to the Hoshi of a diluted bloodline and less intense, but more diversified training. This wasn't intentional. The Hoshi did not share their secrets so what the Hoshi knew of the Old Ways had to be augmented with new styles. However, Akari took even that to new levels. A prodigy that surpassed even the Hoshi of her generation. A child that shone so bright she was allowed to be taught the true Old Ways, albeit later in her adulthood. The last to receive the title of Shihan. The last to ever be accepted into their family. To call this loss a disgrace would be to insult the fly devoured by the spider.

Futatabi.

...except this time, he didn't stand up.

Yoru was cruel--true. And, this training was nearly the opposite of the core tenants of the Old Ways. Yoru, however, was not teaching him a new technique. He was not honing his skills. He was pushing Midori to the next level. The rest of the Clan and even Lord Death himself were not sure if a Death Golem--effectively, an artificial being--was capable of true growth and change. Yoru was an eccentric recluse in the Clan that took this as an opportunity to provide his less orthodox training which the clan typically frowned upon as it deviated from the Old Ways. What they couldn't deny, though, was his history of results.

Midori had next to no energy left. His body exhausted. If it were possible, his will would have kept him going, but Yoru did not hold back on the menacing energy that caused the quaking tremors within the body of the young Weapon in front of him. It was, without a doubt, brutal. None less so as Yoru sheathed his blade and left Midori atop the stone ground they trained on. The only consolation being the air was was as thick with spiritual energy as it was thin with oxygen. As long as he didn't die, he would recover and recover quickly. Just in time to start his morning chores before breakfast that next day.

Day 5.

Midori was brought to Death City the night before the others were set to gather. Flights to and from Japan were commonplace for him and had been for years. It also allowed him more time to rest which over the last few days, he had little of. Even when he arrived at the Hoshi Embassy in Death City, rest was top of his list. His left arm hadn't completely recovered and only time would do that. He was, however, prepared for the orb. Not because it would be contacting him, but because the Hoshi were informed Lord Death wanted him back in Death City by today--and that the Program was not over. Perhaps not fully recovered, Midori was at least ready.

Chrona Memorial Part. For such a sullen area, it was quite beautiful. Lord Death went out of his way when having it constructed. It had touches of his affinity for symmetry, too, but that was neither here nor there. Midori had something he wanted to do before meeting up with the rest of the crew.

Midori was in the streets headed to an address he requested some time ago, moving pretty quick and avoiding the actual streets in favor for some time saving detours in hopes he would catch her before she got too awful close to the Park and had an unfortunate intruder. And, lo and behold, his try-harding worked. First, picking up her soul signature while she walked down the streets down a fairly likely path adorned in fairly casual clothes. Much different than the first time they met.

He positioned himself rounding a corner as she would, then spiked his wavelength like a flair. A signal before he spoke. "Miss Fairhair, don't tell me you intended on walking by your favorite teammate," he told her in a playful, pleasant tone. A soft smile was on his face. That turned into his more typical grin as he kept speaking. "I do believe you're just as cute dressed down as in combat gear," he added, indirectly explaining his devious grin.

He was quick to change topic, directing the conversation where he actually wanted it to go. "Pleasantries aside," he chuckled, "you're actually the exact person I wanted to see." His tone became more cool and serious as he spoke, walking towards her still and his voice becoming more clear and full. "If you don't mind a quick detour from the instructions that annoying chiming ball gave us, I do think I have something to show you that you may be quite interested in," he told her. And when he told her, he meant it. There wasn't a quick quip about what he showed most girls or some flirtatious addition to his statement. There was a fairly genuine note to his words that wasn't all too common for him.

Agnes Fairhair
Mentions: The Regal Rper The Regal Rper (Gavril) | Interactions: Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul (Midori)
agnes.jpg

Walking along with her hands in her pockets, a very unusual gesture even for Agnes during this time, she had pulled them out of her pockets suddenly. She felt a spike, an intense fire burn just around the corner from her. She had almost prepared herself for an ambush by God knew who, though, it became clear to her - though, didn't make her any less confused as to why it was who it was - as she walked around the corner.

Midori.

A warning that he was waiting for her.

Agnes had dealt with a few stalkers in her time. Classmates in her early years at the DWMA, a woman who had always hung around this one smoothie bar she frequented a year or two back, some guy that she apparently saved during a mission. All very annoying people, some of which always wanted something from her, a connection to someone higher up than her.

Somehow, she could sense Midori wanted something from her. What, though, she couldn't quite place.

Agnes did stop though, out of politeness. This was someone she knew and had to be associated with, after all, because of the programme. "Midori," she greeted simply, waiting for what he would throw at her this morning. She had to force herself not to roll her eyes at his comments. She wasn't sure who was worse at dishing out a compliment like that; him or Gavril. She had already decided at that moment to reconsider dressing down ever again. Especially when other people and pairs of eyes were involved.

"The exact person?" Her face betrayed her by showing how unsurprised she was at his comment. Of course, he had wanted to see her. Waiting around corners and spiking his own soul wavelength was a surefire way to attract her attention, after all. He had practically planned it. Though why, again, she didn't understand. He made her an offer to follow him, for apparently, he had something that she was so interested in, that it would divert her from heading straight to the memorial park. Agnes waited for the punchline though. The crude comment that came after, some flirtation that was liable for him to get a reaction out of her. Nothing came though, and the two stood in silence, staring at one another. Agnes was the one to eventually break that silence.

"Something I'm interested in?" She repeated, folding her arms. "And what makes you think I'd be so interested in whatever you have to show me?" Agnes wanted to give the impression of a busy woman, because, well, she was, or she liked to think she was. She did organise her days according to her agenda, from training right through to work and personal commitments. The way he spoke about it seemed oddly genuine. Must have been something serious if that was the case.

Plus, it was her he was asking. The apparent 'least important member' of the team.

Agnes wanted in on whatever Midori was putting on the table. But she wasn't going to seem eager for it right away.

Adrasteia Chandrice
"Whiplash"

Containment. That was the school's biggest priority. Not help. Not slaying. In Adrasteia's perspective, those fell under the word containment. They wished to contain the issues of madness, wished to contain their enemies and traitors, contain their own, contain unpredictable factors. All efforts were to contain this whole crazy world they all lived in, and so when the crew of Death swooped in and cordoned them off for questioning the weapon didn't bother to fight back.

Not at first.

It was about an hour into the investigation of breaks between repeating questions when the investigators had to deal with a very insistent woman trying to leave despite all her warnings. It landed her a slightly longer questioning, but after thirty minutes longer, she was released with hesitation. Hesitation because they got the actual story between all the students, and all pointed to Adrasteia showing worrying use of her innate powers and that her mental status was deteriorating. All red flags as far as professionals were considered, and the cost-benefits of her potential versus her risk had to be weighed once more.

After discussions? Immediately the decision was then enacted, the weapon taken back into custody after merely being back for only a day. Mandatory psychological evaluation, paired with a required analysis by a wavelength capable of probing her. Their analysis was thorough, but it required time. Time the weapon found incredibly boring.

"LOOOOOK I AM JUST SAYING THESE QUESTIONS COULD USE SOME SPICE LIKE FUCK ME FOR SPEAKING UP!" The weapon kicked the table in front of her with a thud, the evaluators losing that much more patience with her.
"Look we are just trying to make sure you are fit for the field, you have shown--"
"YEAH, I know why I am here. I had an 'incident' and you got to do this.... but ughhhh just deep dive already! I won't bite this time, I just want this over!"
"That is not your c-.... you know what? Fine. Fine, but you are the one I am trying to keep a good appearance for by doing it the analog way. You realize what we have to do if you prove to be a liability, don't you? Do you?"
"Shut it, I am in tip-top shape, so do your shit and I'll do mine."
"Fine, go on. Miss Chandrice let me remind you to refrain from struggling, it will make this procedure faster. You may begin.." With that the instructor allowed the specialist to make contact, the weapon just leaning into the back of her chair as she begrudgingly relaxed.

One minute. Two minutes, Three. Unlike the Surgeon, this was a real-time scan of her madness by the use of an enhancer soul perception ability. The sonar-like waves would travel through, giving the specialist a proper idea of what all was inside. Four minutes. Five. "Is everything... alright?"
At the voice the specialist withdrew their hands, eyes locked on the smug weapon who shrugged at them. "They are... better than their last examination before the program. By a significant amount..."
"What? You mean the Surgeon actually did... then you can see her handiwork?"
"Of course I can... but only the remnants. Not anything direct. Which means she didn't leave this one with anything... which makes no sense."

Adrasteia just shrugged, grinning. "I told you. Now, are we done? See? I just needed some shitty outdoor days with killers and traitors, you know?"
[Day 5]
Not even a week. They couldn't even give the shut-in weapon a full week back before they dragged her back in. As the ball of lite echoed words of importance the demon weapon growled, throwing a pillow at it. Of course, that did little to dissuade it, and the message was received. Her whines were on deaf ears, and thus she got dressed in her attire and made her hair for the morning. It was a process that was strangely like clockwork for the weapon, one of the few routines they stuck to since their downfall. As they affixed the bells to the end of her hair she set off, chewing on a granola bar as she went out.

Chrona Memorial Park... wasn't that the nutty person in our recent history? Didn't they do a lot despite being one with their weapon, batshit crazy?.... huh... appropriate.

The demon weapon didn't question it then but with a soul trimmed of its outcropping madness, her memory was surprisingly sharper. Sharp as it used to be really, back when she was a promising student. This was lost however to Adrasteia, the demon weapon not thinking too much on her own thoughts. She stopped self-analyzing herself the day Samsen put the final nail in their bonds coffin. What was curious however was the fact that she took a slight... divergence. The light could tag along like a GPS warning of bad pathing, but she would ignore it. The question was, where was she headed before their meet up?

Well, she spent her time doing one thing over a couple of peaceful days. Finding things out about Agnes. Her history. Her partners. Her housing. She scoured the internet, her school access records, anyone she had contact with at the school who she could possibly butter up for information. In all honesty, it was rather stalkerish, but she had been called worse so she had no qualms. Unfortunately, she was a bit late to catch the girl on her way out, so the demon weapon picked up into a jog towards Chrona's park. Thankfully her speed increase resulted in finding her mark in rather casual clothes... next to someone she immediately frowned at seeing their back.

.... oh great... yep that's Midori... damn prodigy... ugh.... with Agnes? Fuck, is it a meeting of the big names? Does she need something from him? Come the fuck on girl, he is grossly overconfident don't catch his cockiness you got enough of it in yourself for fucksss UGH...

The weapon groaned softly before she whistled out maybe sixty feet back and the sound piercing the air, Adrasteia waving her arm after a moment to catch their attention. "HEY AGNES! THE FUCK YOU BEEN UP TO THE PAST COUPLE DAYS? NEED TO DO SOME CATCHIN' UP YEAH? OH, AND HEY MIDORI, GOT DETENTION TOO HUH?"

All things considered? Probably the most reasonable she had been in months to someone she did not like, but once again that reality was lost upon the weapon. She made her way up as she gave a somewhat pleasant smile, trying to at least seem somewhat pleased.

Interactions: Arcanist Arcanist Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul The Regal Rper The Regal Rper

code by RI.a

Collab between Agnes and Midori ft. Adra

”Walk and talk,” he said once she finally displayed some interest. He looked up to the street sign, paused a moment, and decided they needed to continue in the direction he was--parallel to the direction of Chrona Memorial Park. ”Don’t wanna hold them up too long,” he added, hoping his abrupt comment wouldn’t come off as rude knowing Agnes’ family history. He was sure she heard it before.

Just like he was sure she was more interested than she led on based on the face she made earlier. ”Over our break, I spent three days straight without food indulging only in breaks barely long enough to catch my breath or drink spring water and honestly only sleeping when my body decided it couldn’t move again if I wanted it to,” he told her, leading up to his answer. He then pulled up the left sleeve on his jacket, revealing his entire arm wrapped in fairly tight looking linen bandages while they waited for the crosswalk to turn green.

”I do believe you’ll specifically be interested in the outcome,” he explained to her. Then, greenlight. He continued walking at a fairly brisk pace. ”I know a little about you, Agnes, but not much about the actual you. Do you like baseball? It’s an American pass time, but it’s so much more popular in Japan,” he asked while adding an odd but relevant fact.

Midori’s abrupt comment hadn’t phased Agnes at all. It was a comment that had been used with her before and no doubt, would be used with her again by anyone. If anything, it sped the process up. She nodded to him, following along, knowing that they were moving away from the Chrona Memorial Park. She hoped this was worth it, that it wasn’t a waste of her time. Though, Midori did a good job of making it out to be something of interest.

“No sustenance or breaks for three days,” she murmured, hands slipping back into her pockets as she walked along. “Must have been some serious training.” That was what had interested her. Agnes wasn’t a stranger to pushing herself to her absolute limits. No one was a stranger to how she pushed her past partners beyond theirs. Clearly, it wasn’t a sustainable training method. Not when it cost her three partners and landed her in this programme.

But she was glad she wasn’t the only one to have pushed herself beyond such limits before.

Agnes glanced to Midori’s eyes, raising an eyebrow. “You really weren’t kidding then…” She stared at the bandaged arm. She recalled that Midori was classed as a weapon, so perhaps it had something to do with a form of his. She never considered her working with any of his forms, but perhaps that was something he wanted to speak to her about.

She followed behind Midori, lengthening her strides to try and keep pace with him. She could be quick when she wanted to, but the shorter legs often worked against her. Agnes couldn’t help but scoff a little at his comment about not knowing the actual her. Perhaps that was true. She kept herself very much to herself, and what she did show of herself wasn’t the most pleasant of attributes to show off. But baseball as something she liked? She didn’t think she gave off such vibes. “I can’t say it’s something I follow,” Agnes replied, shifting her body on occasion at the odd passerby who sought to shove by her. “I’d sink my time into other sports like kickboxing.” She thought that would have been a more obvious sport she was interested in. She looked to Midori. “What about you? Baseball something you follow?” She assumed so, giving he was the one who brought it up.

She paid attention. She showed interest. Good. She wasn’t as superficially shallow as the girls that fell prey to his compliments. She was perceptive enough to see his arm as validation. She gave input into the idea of sports. Admittedly, that was a curveball--no pun intended. But, it had its purpose.

”Japan is my homeland. There, baseball is huge. A lot of media for it; you see it a lot in anime and manga, too. It’s not my thing, but living there, it’s nearly unavoidable,” Midori explained. It was an often-forgotten fact. His English was perfect. He was most definitely of eastern descent, too, but specifically being from Japan is something most people overlooked about the Hoshi. Especially with their embassy. During this time, he checked his phone over a few times, then looked up at the myriad of small signs in front of them. His eyes drew attention to one and he scurried over. He scanned a QR code on his phone to a scanner outside, then turned back to Agnes.

”We’ll need some things to test what I want. You could say I haven’t perfected it yet. And, yes, baseball will matter. I hope you can swing a bat well,” he explained. The platform in front of him gave a green, smiling emoji and a small smirk crept across his face.

”The elders told me our run in at the oasis caused a pretty big shit storm in the DWMA. Changes to security, withdrawing agents in places, trying to save face on media, bumping Anti from eight to three on the Most Wanted list. That all true?” he asked her while standing outside the store, still waiting for whatever pick-up he scanned in for.

Huh. Baseball’s popularity in Japan, admittedly, was something she wasn’t aware of. In fact, she did forget that Midori was actually from Japan, with his English being so good. Else, she didn’t really determine being from Japan to be the most important thing about him.

Agnes was curious as to what he was gathering and scanning along their walk to...wherever it was they were heading to. She again wondered what baseball had to do with just about anything they were going to do, but she nodded anyway. “Can’t be any different from anything else I’ve swung.” It probably was, but she was a fast learner. She had to be, being a Fairhair.

Midori had moved onto some small talk, or rather, serious small talk, on the recent events causing the ‘shit storm’ at the DWMA. Agnes rolled her shoulders back, one that could be easily mistaken for a shrug, before she replied. “All I know is that things and people were shifted about, concerns placed on what was the most pressing issue at the time.”

Her father made brief mention of such things. Agnes didn’t think to ask because she knew his tongue would be tied on the matter. Plus, he was more concerned about her, and assuming that maybe bringing up such things would send her into some sort of a negative state. Trauma, and all of that. A lot happened during those few days.

“My father wouldn’t tell me much,” Agnes added, folding her arms. “Guess there’s only so much information he can let slip.” She was aware that Midori probably knew of her father’s shift to being behind the scenes, rather than working on the field. Everybody did.

Midori sighed at her comment. His disappointment plain, although not directed. ”I’m sure we would be the last ones ones to know anyway,” he said in a dry, sullen voice. It appeared Midori had a few other flavors to him than flirtatious. Just at that time, the glass door of the shop in front of him let out a ding as it opened and out came a petite girl carrying a double wrapped bag full of white balls--probably, but not clearly baseballs--and a Slugger branded baseball bat. Midori took both from her and nodded, she smiling and showing off her customer service voice when she thanked him for shopping there.

Agnes sighed and rolled her shoulders back. “Yes, but that’s not unusual…” She murmured, agreeing with him. They were always the last ones to hear of it, if they weren’t involved in it first. Her attention shifted to the girl who came out with...a bag full of white balls and a baseball bat. Of course, it made sense. And it doubly did not make sense. He mentioned baseball, of course, but she just assumed it was for some sort of small talk.

Midori just set up curbside pickup for sports supplies. That itself opened up a whole plethora of questions that were cut short when he started talking.

”The East Asia branch has a few.. traditions that aren’t common here in the Central Branch. I’m going to let you in on a secret,” he told her with a grin. This time, his grin was more mischievous. Playful. Not flirtatious or overly-friendly. Not the same Midori from the program. He then finally explained the purpose of the baseballs. ”In the East Asia branch, we uh… do this thing. Instead of going through the effort of picking teammates or being evaluated by teachers or some bullshit personality test, weapons infuse their wavelengths into a baseball. Meisters hit it. If you get a nasty bit of Menace, there’s no hope. But if you can hit that ball, even if there’s a little rejection, there’s a good chance you two can work together. It’s not how I met my last partner, but it--

"HEY AGNES! THE FUCK YOU BEEN UP TO THE PAST COUPLE DAYS? NEED TO DO SOME CATCHIN' UP YEAH? OH, AND HEY MIDORI, GOT DETENTION TOO HUH?"

He heard her. He saw her. Adrasteia fucking Chandrice. His sharp eyes left Agnes to look over at her from the direction they just came, waving her arm like a damned loon. His only audible response being, ”Fuck.”

Agnes had been intently listening to his explanation of the East Asia branch’s ‘traditions’, about how they foregone the personality tests and instead used a baseball and their balls as a way of determining partners. Of course, that had made sense, and it was when that it all clicked for Agnes as Midori explained it. He was searching for another partner, and he had his eyes clocked on her, another Meister. It made sense. Him hanging around where her apartment was, the odd chirpiness and playfulness about him that never emerged during the programme.

She hadn’t much longer to think on it nor did he have any more time to explain the traditions, for the familiar screeching of one Adrasteia broke through the airwaves. Agnes did glance behind her, to see if she had matched the voice to the person right, only, to realise she had.

She grumbled something in her native language, something along the lines of, “God, give me strength”. One day without being bothered or hounded upon, by the media or family or anyone else otherwise. Agnes had been tempted to just walk on but Adra would have kept following them regardless until one of them reacted to her. She glanced at Midori, saying in a hushed voice, “Did you forget to send her an invite?”

Adrasteia Chandrice
"Whiplash"

To think these two would be found together? Not on accident, not from Adrasteia's gut feeling. Well, the question was... why? Sure they both were strong, but what was this? As far as she knew the only connecting strand was big family names, but they didn't intersect too often in the research Adrasteia did... Was there something she was missing? She thought of this as she had discovered and announced her presence to them, chewing on the thought for a moment before her eyes took note of the distant reactions.

The look was unmistakable that Midori gave her, and that alone itself meant something comforting for a part of Adrasteia. The response was all too normal honestly, as her actions and words caused rifts in people and challenged their patience. Not something she felt she should contemplate, but it did not erase the fact. This fact is why she was hanging on to such frayed rope with the staff and faculty in the city and school. What could bring any more grief than the wasted potential that rejected treatment for their illnesses? Regardless of the look that she got from him, Agnes' look over her shoulder and prompt look away told her plenty as well. She spent a few moments to catch up to the two walking peers, taking her time as she flashed her grin and sharp teeth before relaxing into a normal smile.

"Hey thought I recognized these two backsides. Are you all deciding to take the 'detour' route to the park too? Can't blame you, it was sooo fun the last time we got tasks from our higher ups that I can't be the only one wanting to make them wait on us. Wonder who all got off the island... I never caught the headcount amongst all the questions they flooded me..." The weapon tapped their chin with their pointer finger, something that would normally be a mockery of her old habits to overthink on things that she felt mattered... but she found herself questioning it genuinely. How many had lived? They hadn't told her, out of being so uncooperative it was better to focus on just getting information from her and releasing her.

"Annnnyways, so? What has been up with you Agnes? Oh, and Midori I guess. What is up with you?" Her eyes scanned between them both, watching what little body language they showed as she positioned herself behind the two.

Interactions: Arcanist Arcanist Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul The Regal Rper The Regal Rper

code by RI.a

Last edited:
Agnes Fairhair
Mentions: Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul (Midori) | Interactions: Sybil Sybil (Adra)
agnes.jpg

Agnes turned back to Adrasteia when she had begun speaking again. She seemed cheery, full of chat...calm. Which was odd, seeing how Agnes had heard of her and even saw her in a frenzied state. Maybe the few days to recover was what she needed too to bring her back to this calm state. Though, she wondered how long that would last for before the next big event arrived. Regardless, she would speak with her, since it was the polite thing to do, at the very least. And she was genuinely curious as to why she was lurking around these streets too.

"I'm assuming most of us made it off the island," Agnes commented. Except for Serafim. She hadn't seen height nor tail of him, and judging by what she had heard on the grapevine, had run off with their disruptors. She wasn't sure who else among them knew that, but she wouldn't be the first to tell them. It wasn't her place, and she wasn't one to participate in gossip or spread it around. She had little interest in people airing someone else's dirty laundry unless it was hers. "People have been on the down-low for a few days now. It's not unusual for us to not know anything about anyone who arrived home."

What was supposed to be a casual chat was already met with some logical conclusion from Agnes. She could never quite help herself. Casual chat was something she found difficult to participate in, not when people hung upon her every word, almost looking for some slip-up.

Moving swiftly on, Adrasteia had moved onto more small talk, and Agnes was careful not to give away too much information. "Not much. Not when you're told to stay put in your apartment," she told her. "So, I'm glad to finally be able to step outside and breathe a little for once." It wasn't a lie. None of what she said had been a lie. Sure, she could give away what she was doing with Midori with her body, but she didn't. She was perfectly calm, and she wasn't obligated to tell Adra more than she needed to.

Regal & Mook Collab Post

Tags: Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider

It was not a surprise mother and father had visited, he'd expected it. He'd also expected some tongue lashings.

The latter did not come but the pleasant company was certainly welcomed. His brother was off doing something else apparently, not that Gav found he cared too much. A whole day with his parents and at the end of it all, after what felt like a nightmarish week, he was feeling somewhat better. Somewhat a bit more at ease.

But, soon enough those words for Shihan rang in his head, and for today- he was training. Hours of it. After the outing with his family and the brief meeting he'd had with a few friends after the family had left to go check on sister, he had hit bed early at nine, exhausted. And was now up at five, training.

He started with Midori's critique. How he needed to work on his expenditure. Tiring himself out was the key to a sound defeat. Less power, less brute force, more tactile precision and it pained him to admit this, but it seemed he would have to borrow a book from the Hoshi. Not their technique but their methods. Stray from the Star Style or rather do what the Great Black🌟Star did in his early adulthood, and adapt his techniques to make them more effective.

Gav was no master in the art of the Copycat but imagery. He was great at that. Attention to detail was exactly what his master had trained him to be astute in, and during that fight Midori had been performing with Shihan, Gav had watched Midori's moves closely. Studying them both in action as things had gotten more serious.

He slowed his job and took a stance, struck. The street lamp vibrated with the open palm hit. Took another stance, struck in a different direction. Electric indigo light shot out of his hand in a crackle. Minutes went by, Gavril continued. Each strike gradually shifting. Before he knew it the sun broke out over the horizon and with it reddish orange light followed from the receding twilight of the sky. Gavril turned on a heel, kicked out against a tree, the sting in his leg made him grimace, few leaves falling in the process as branches above him shook.

"Hey!"

Instinct, Gavril turned, relying on senses and he made to grab his surprise watcher. The orb flew easily over his hand, dodging him by an inch. Then it bobbed back in place as it gave him the instructions the others would be receiving soon enough. The one question he asked:

"...It's...8 already?" He asked between light pants, wiping sweat off with the back of his hand from his chin.

"Not even close. It's 6:47 actually. I just decided to come early since I didn't want to miss you on your usual runs."

He grunted. "Smart move for a pixie. Alright, let's head back. I need to shower first."

Wordlessly the green orb of light followed. Bobbing after the meister as he moved away from the tree. Dented bark on its trunk the sign that he had ever been there.

-----

One knock. Nothing. Two knocks. Nothing. Three, four, five- Pounding. It was 7:59 a.m and he was pounding. Thunks on the door with a fist, and still no response.

"Lily!"

Nothing.

"Try opening the door?" The orb responded to Gav's annoyance.

"That's not going to-" he twisted the knob and to his surprise, it did. "Shut up."

Inside they went and into the living room they entered.

Ears perking up at the noise of entry Lilly began to stir, her eyes slowly opening up as she stretched on the ledge above the entry door. Letting out a small yawn she shook herself, her furr going everywhere before she sat up and looked down at the person entering her area. Leaning down somewhat she placed her paws on the edge of the ledge before shaking her rear end as she lined up her jump.

Leaping off the ledge and directly towards Gav she landed on top of his head like a sack of potatoes, her cat form easily crossing the gap before latching onto him with her claws. The initial pain would quickly go away as she pulled her claws back and wrapped her arms around the top of his head “Morning Gav, why are you coming into my room. I thought this was my job, at least in terms of going into your room.” She continued on, now sprawled out on top of his head, her legs dangling down to his neck and her front paws holding on just above his eyes.

While he'd sensed the presence as she had leapt, he hadn't expected the damn claws to be out. Scowling, eyes closed with paws just barely touching his eyes Gav grunted a "mhm" in response, sighing a second after. "What can I say, I wanted to check up on one of my favourite people. So--"

"Hey!" A shrill cry followed by repeated banging and shaking. Gav's brows narrowed and he wordlessly moved towards the kitchen. "The dumb witch locked me in the cabinet!" The feminine voice cried out, clearly outraged. "Galtaresh! Forget this!"

With a hint of urgency, just as Gav was approaching the kitchen cabinet, the green orb zoomed up in front of his eyes and the pixie said with haste b "Take cover!"

"You think because your mom is in the top seat of the Council I don't have the authority to teach you a lesson girl? Just you wait!" a flash of red orange light sparked from within the shelf.

In a burst of green and yellow energy, the green orb grabbed Gav, and Lily laying on his head- both frozen in movement, and with surprising speed- it zoomed towards the bedroom, shut the door, threw Gav and Lily on the bed as the freeze spell released them instantly and then with a burst of magic that covered the wall the orb shouted at Lily and asked: "What did you do to
Purgatta?!
"

An explosion shook the whole room- or maybe it was the whole building. The wall fractured and pieces of the ceiling chipped off, glass could be heard shattering and a surprised yell could be heard from outside. In a few seconds the rumbling stopped and then after a minute there was silence.

The green orb which had been protecting the door, finally released their magical hold on it and the moment they did, it turned to dust. Black smoke obscured the living room, and after a few seconds, a faint buzzing sound could be heard.

Glowing orange eyes, narrowed into slits neared as the smoke acted like a screen that only stayed inside the living room, never extending to Lily's room even with the door gone. Gavril, instantly rose from the bed and as he did, the glowing orange eyes shot towards him. With a draconic like snort, where fire left nostrils, the buzzing continued as the figure emerged from the wall of black and grey smoke.

"Purgatta, wait--"

Having been thrown and tossed around in her cat form Lilly was already dazed and confused over what all was going on. One second she was comfortable on Gav’s head the next she was being tossed onto a bed. Letting out a light growl she licked her furr down before hearing the commotion coming from beyond the door. The spritey bitch was destroying her home! Her recently fixed hair suddenly stood up as her tail puffed up to a massive size. Lilly began to swell larger as her cat form grew in size the angrier she got. “Let it in here!” She hissed, the cat hiss now replaced with a most more intimidating reptile like hiss.

"Shut up Illoc!" She snarled, the pixie's orange eyes shooting the one's way before she had even fully emerged. "I will not tolerate insolence from a child, let alone one who thinks they are entitled to ignore commands from a superior. I would have been fine if she had just ignored me," she spat, emerging from the smoke the pixie was now taller. Almost human in size, if you ignored how short and small she was. No bigger than 5ft at most but by her form she was clearly an adult. "But putting me in a bottle, and then locking me up for several minutes when I asked her to release me-- insulting!" Scales danced with light, shimmering along the pixie's skin. Her glowing orange eyes burning with anger. "Lily!" She said in a controlled growl, "What do you have to say for yourself?"

“I don’t care about you, lunatic sprite! Get the hell out of my home now!” She roared out, her hair puffed out making her already large cat form even larger. “I swear on me mum I will contain you again if you don't fix my goddamn room!” Lilly screamed out now in a rage. Infact, her rage was starting to get the better of her as her form began to swell larger, the cat features starting to dissipate and become more reptilian as her magic burst to the forefront of her being.

Stomping her feet on the bed she barely missed Gav as she jumped down and suddenly returned to what could be as close to her human form as could be considering how angry she was. Her skin was nearly purplish black and hard as a rock. “You have fifteen seconds to fix my house before I turn this situation into a cluster fuck! All I wanted to do was sleep considering my last bit of existence was a nightmare. But no! Sprites have to come and annoy the shit out of me!” She roared out again.

Jaw set, eyes stern. Purgatta's skin became barely noticeable scales that simmered with smoke at her rage but with a deep breath she inhaled deeply then exhaled slowly.

"Go out there and see for yourself. I may have a temper but I'm not stupid. I fixed the place up before I entered. Why do you think the smoke hasn't entered here yet? Its repairing the damages. In fact" she gestured towards the ash on the ground, specifically the exit. "See for yourself. It should be done now."

Walking past the sprite Lilly saw everything was stitching itself together making her relax somewhat. “Fine, I won't throw hands today… but I swear to god.” She said point at the sprite. Moving back towards the bed and the stunned Gav Lilly switching back to her small cat form. Padding over to him she jumped up on his shoulders before retaking her position on top of his head “Well, you will take me to wherever we must go. I will stay up here and sleep while you do so.” Lilly spoke up before getting herself comfortable.

As one, Gav looked at Illoc, and Illoc looked at him. Purgatta audibly sighed in exasperation as the meister shrugged.

"I'm just gonna--"

"Yeah, ahem, yeah...go ahead we'll be right with you."

He nodded, paused at the exit to Lily's bedroom and asked. "My clothes aren't gonna get dirty if I walk through this smoke will they? I took a shower before coming here y'know. Don't want to smell like...I don't know, whatever that is."

Muttering loudly for both to hear: "expecting something to happen I presume when you did get here I bet. Silly halfling, think you can control what is by nature, if she's anything like her details say she's just messing around with you till she's bored with you. Eventually that Madness will tug her along, you'll see." Sniffing in a haughty manner as the adult pixie shrunk back down.

Brows narrowed Gavril opened his mouth to retort but Illoc shouted: "No no! Just GO, we will be there in an instant. Here!" a flash of light and a twisting sensation all around them, Gav recognized what it was before it even began. Teleportation.

Reality warped, blurred, the body became almost boneless as it stretched and pulled both Lily and Gav towards different directions, and then with a burping sound, they materialized outside the building.

Gav breathed in fresh air, steadying himself. Then with a growl, he moved forwards.

"The shit you people put me through sometimes." After that he said nothing. Walking off, Lily in tow. Heading to the Memorial site.

Mv3Qgdc.png

MidoriHoshi

"The Shade"

Species Death Golem
Rank One-Star Elite

Location Death City
Mission Redemption
Status Determined

Mentions: Arcanist Arcanist Sybil Sybil

"Well, we were gonna go fuck in the alley before heading to the park," he would say with a devious, almost demented grin. "Give these little pixies a good show, y'know," he would add after, throwing some gasoline on the fire he just sparked.

But, no. No, he did not say that. He wanted to say that. Maybe a younger, less focused Midori would say that. It was just as much his nature was lady's night at the Misty Broomstick was for Gav. But that voice in the back of his head caused his quick tongue to hesitate just long enough for his rational mind to tell him it was a bad idea. Triggering Adrasteia was one thing. But, he didn't know Agnes well enough to be sure if that would suit her sense of humor, embarrass her entirely, or piss her off beyond the point of ever considering his upcoming proposal.

Instead, he simply took in what the girls in front of him were saying. Adra being Adra, but at the moment, she was at least bearable. Agnes, either by her own nature or her intention, seemed to be following the same train of thought in that maintaining the conversation rather than avoiding it was likely the less explosive option. That and it didn't really throw a wrench in his plans aside from wasting a minute amount of time.

"I've been fine, I guess. The Clan went a lot easier on me than expected... and I trained," he said, answering Adra without going into the same detail he did for Agnes. It was probably much less applicable for her interests anyway. Midori didn't shuffle, instead standing fairly still. One might call him statuesque, which might be expected from a Hoshi. A hard fella to read, even for the intuitive.

Midori then started preparing for the outcomes of the conversation. Where it would go, the small talk that might arise, the wasted time, dead air. Even if they both managed to dance around what their plans were, it would likely consume more time doing so than it would simply explaining what they were doing and seeing how Adra would react. It was unlikely given her nature that she wouldn't tag along, but still a possibility if she had some type of distaste for baseball. Or sports. Or barging into others' busi--who the fuck are we kidding.

"We were about to go pitch a few balls at the construction site a few blocks over," he said, abruptly switching the topic of the conversation. "We were gonna see if miss Fairhair here can hit a curveball or two," he added in a more light-hearted, teasing tone.

• tumblr_oqfuyjzsXb1wq81dmo2_1280.png
    Casting Families: Elemental, Familiar, Enchantment
    Tristan: Healthy,
    Tsukino: Healthy,

Tags:
    Zizgauk ( The Regal Rper The Regal Rper )
    ~ Crona Memorial Park ~
    Sleeping Town || Tau's CS File

The days seemed to bleed into each other as they returned. She herself spent more of the end of their little trip looking after Lily’s unconscious body. Lord Kid had given them the day off but she wasn’t quite sure what the point of it was for her. Unlike the others she was neither injured nor missing. Then again quite a bit must have happened. While her and Lily were spared being in the thick of it thanks to their magic sapping cage there was an entire missing Meister. She couldn’t answer any of the questions they had thrown her way.

She let out a huff of annoyance as she fried up a fish in the pan. That was a problem for the clean up crew. Sure she felt bad that she couldn’t help whatever big fight had happened but she stood by her choices. It’s not her fault they chose to be idiots. As for now, she needed to eat up even if she didn’t feel like it. She made quick work devouring it. If there was one thing she was quick to accept in this world it was the superiority of cooked fish.

She heard a flutter of wings and looked up expecting to see her siblings or parents having slipped in, yet instead she found a small pixie-like thing hanging around. A tiny fae? She was surprised as it started demanding things of her.

“How did you get in my house… What do you mean keeping watch?”

"Exactly as I said Miss Flores" The grey ball of energy stated vaguely, neither answering the questions or seeming to acknowledge they required an answer, the light effeminate voice giggling with amusement. "Now, let's hurry up and get you to your destination. While you finish up, how have you been?" The ball asked, staying in the same spot the entire time, only bobbing slightly in flight.

She glared hard at the pixie as she tossed her plate and pan in letting them both soak in soap water. She was lucky enough that she had saved up enough from old modeling gigs that she could still afford to live alone so it was a problem for the future. She squatted down and touched the ground as a glyph appeared. Tsukino appeared in the center of the glyph in her tiny rabbit form. While inside the house she didn’t like to have her familiars out, Tristan was entirely too large and Tsukino was a force and a half to feed, similarly she had no intention of leaving without them.

“Fine. I’ll bite, you bug. Just to the park right? As for how I’ve been that’s really none of your business. Unless Lord Kid is making you keep tabs on me I see no reason why I should answer.”

Amused, a shimmer of light, the pixie went from being bug sized to being something more humane. Not particularly large, but an older woman, hard to tell but she was definitely on the plump side if at least in the hips and bust had anything to say. The older woman with pearl purple hair, almost like a pale fuschia, smiled at Tau and nodded.
    "Well if that's what you wish then Miss Flores, then I suppose it really isn't any of my business. Shall we go then? I assume my peers won't have as much terrible trouble with the others if they are all as compliant as you are."

She looked the woman up and down. Okay nevermind if she could do that then was she also a caster? That would be interesting, she didn’t know of many who worked directly with Lord Kid instead of somewhat around. She straightened up her back and started to march on after giving the woman a quick respectful nod of acknowledgement.

“I suppose they’ll have more trouble. It’s like I said if it’s an Order from Lord Kid, I’ll listen. Not so much for the others…”

That, got a laugh. Loud, joyful, a full "HA!" Flew on by, and the older woman smiled wide, dimples appearing on her cheeks. "I suppose you would be right, well. Let's get moving shall we?"

She didn’t care for the laughter of the pixie, but she didn’t have any real ground to stand on to tell her to stop. For one its not like she was the target of the laughter, even if she did want to shout at the pixie to be more serious about someone disappearing. Even in her circles it wasn’t like anyone disappeared, been horribly injured sure but they all knew what they signed up for. She brought out an old battered keychain, a trinket from one of the losers. Yeah even if you lost at least someone would bring word back. The silence was far worse. No news was not good news no matter what they might say.

She lifted her chin as she started running full force to the park with Tsuki right at her heels. She was no longer interested in the pixie or her reasons. She resolved that she wouldn’t turn out like Seraphim, she was never going to be someone lost to the unknown. She flinched at the thought that they couldn’t find Seraphim because there was simply nothing to find.

Her breath raced as her feet hit the pavement of the park. She doubled over with her hands on her knees trying to catch her breath. She needed to get stronger. She could feel Tsuki brush up against her legs. Without her magic she was a sitting duck, granted she doubted much could take her magic but as she learned it wasn’t impossible. She couldn’t just rely on being far enough.

This is why meisters were so spoiled. They had another’s support, they were rarely alone. Now that he was alone? He lost, as expected. She pursed her lips and slammed her fist into a wooden post at the side of the gate. Ow. That was a bad idea. She needed to go back to not thinking about it. It was better to not care. Caring made you do stupid things.

She took a deep breath in and raised her head. Well she was here. She was the first one here. She started to charge up her magic. If it was just her then she might as well train. Tsuki understood and quickly changed to her monstrous form. Soon the two were playing an extreme version of tag where the loser would be knocked to the floor or suffering from being tazed.

"You seem to have a lot on your mind Miss Flores, is there a reason you hold such disdain towards my presence?" The sweet and gentle voice asked from above. The pixie watched high in the air.

“I thought we established-”

She started speaking before she was interrupted by a quick kick that landed to her abdomen. She fell to the floor before forcing herself to roll and pushing off the pavement.

“That.”

A quick bolt of lightning flashed forwards.

“It was”

A crackle sounded through the air.

“NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.”

The Pixie hummed, a finger poking into her left round cheek, a motherly look of confusion on her features as her eyes cast to the sky. "True" she hummed, "but you are my charge, and your concerns are obvious to me. You're free to keep your thoughts bottled up till one of your friends arrive, but I assure you Miss" her smile kind, "I know enough of your time in the Guild that I have a sense of understanding in what's going through that pretty head of yours."

Had she been younger and greener she would have shouted out at the pixie. Told her she knew nothing about her. Now though she knew better. She needed to become colder, less emotional, a flash of light and the smell of ozone. She was the storm, a force beyond control.

Another hit connected at her shoulder and she flinched. Tsuki withdrew. She didn’t need to call her off. Tsuki was so inherently a part of her that she understood when they were done. Tau slid to the floor and let her breath even out. She didn’t have anything to heal herself but she didn’t have anything more than bruises right now. She’d deal with it fine.

Tsuki’s fur was standing on end. She’d taken a lot of shocks from Tau’s lightning. Right now the little darling was fine but she’d need rest as well. With a swipe at the ground, she summoned an energy circle switching Tsuki for Tristan. The dragon was big but at least the park had enough space for him. She leaned into his wing as he let out a comforting rumble from his chest.

“Rest up well Tsuki.”

The pixie watched silently, that ever-present smile still on her face. Watching Tau in silence and then watching Tristan, she hummed, floating closer than the overhead angle she'd have before. A glow slowly alighted from her body and in an instant the same faint indigo color touched Tau. In that instant, the indigo washed over her like electricity. It didn't hurt but where the crackles zapped across skin and through clothing, injuries and sweat were erased.

"There you go." The pixie replied with a smile. Slowly taking to the air again, the older fae repeated her earlier statement: "Whenever you feel like sharing, I'll be just a shout away." Image flashing as she shrank back into her orb of purple light, Zizgauk took high into the air. Becoming just a dot in the sky over their heads. Leaving Tau to her thoughts.

They didn't need to wait long though. Soon enough there were two emerging. Two blondes. One with an orb by his side. The other with very sharp, noticeably point ears.

Adrasteia Chandrice
"Whiplash"

Baseball huh? You really want to test the instructors after they fucked up a test for us and put us in danger?.... Sounds interesting. More interesting than group exercise in a fucking park.” Adrasteia just shrugged, unsure truly what was awaiting them in the park, but one thing she did know was it likely would result in some bullshit analysis of potential. Nothing was simple in their rejects program.

Well lead on, I’m in no rush to throw myself into the school’s grabby hands that wish to make us fit into molds.” The demon weapon extended an arm forward and then out to the side slightly, indicating for the duo to lead.

Midori? Despite Adra’s keen eye, she found it difficult to read someone who intentionally hid their feelings and thoughts. She had no doubt, however, something more was going on than only baseball and typical small talk. From the way Agnes spoke as well, it only became more obvious. The weapon could feel the feeling of being the third wheel almost.

Thankfully for her own sake, she was more than willing to remove a wheel or make the whole damn thing a tricycle. “Tell me, any particular reason? You two don’t strike me as people who have hobbies like baseball. Honestly, both of you would surprise me if you had hobbies.

code by RI.a

Last edited:
Chase the Ball!
Collab with: The Regal Rper The Regal Rper

6fc4b52e478e4e0d16a8293afe46698e.jpgHerkle buzzed in a bobbing fashion, the yellow-green orb leading Skoll from his dorm across the dorming area into Wallow Wisp Street, then taking a right as they waited on the approach of a intersection where the lights were still green as traffic cruised on by. A few people in the same path as them waited at the crosswalk that led to another street up ahead and in the visible distance- a grey statue of a figure from the past.

"So," Herkle called out, the rasp of their voice making it slightly difficult to tell if they were male or female, not that it mattered. "This your first time in Death City right? How you like it so far pup?"

Drop the pup,” came his growl as he shot a glare at the floating orb, scowling. “So far, I’ve been training so I haven’t seen much.” It was a lot different from his hometown, but not terribly different from the last Academy’s location. A city is a city. Though he did note that the layout was meticulous in certain ways, and looking around, he felt like it would be incredibly easy to get lost.

So, did you get created specifically to be annoying?” Skoll rose an eyebrow at the orb, referring to the pup comment.

"Is that a joke?" The orb asked. A flat response to the earlier neutral question.

Oh no. Dead serious. You barged into my room and circled with impatience. I’m aware by this point the DWMA doesn’t like to be kept waiting, and I don’t intend to fail the program, but it could have been as simple to, oh I don’t know… call? Rather than send an annoying, floating machine? What’s this group exercise you’re leading me to anyway?” Though, he doubted he would get along with any of the others in the group. He doubted it very much.

The traffic lights switched to read and a sign flashed for people to cross the walking paths to their next destination. It was funny really how what would have been a odd and abnormal conversation, a person talking to a ball of light- didn't even get an eye bat in the town or staring. Then again, not all the folk were exactly normal either.

As Herkle busted out laughing in the pause that had transpired as the made it to the next sidewalk, a group of green skinned, pointy eared, beady eye humanoids rushed quickly by him, a woman with horns poking out of her forehead and a long slim tail crossing the street on the other side. Skoll noted their appearances, though with this being Death City, it had to be quite diverse, so he thought nothing of the pointy beings crossing the street.

"I'm not a machine, hahahahaHA! Wew, that was a good laugh." The orb said, clearing their throat. "No no, I assure you I am of flesh. And the group exercise is anything you and the others decide. Our job is really just to watch you. It will be boring but it is better than doing nothing much more important back home. Come come, we are almost there."

The orb stated as it gained speed.

The laughter of the machine flesh ball spiked Skoll’s irritation higher up with every millisecond that passed. “So, we get to decide? Great!” His tone was a forced happiness with a growl to it as he forced one side of his mouth to grin. And with that, he turned on his heel to go back in the direction of home, putting on hand in the air like a wave, “I’ll be going to finish my workout then. Me and people? We don’t get along. ‘Kay, thanks, bye!” If this was a… task left onto the hands of those in the program, and they got to choose, he chose hanging out back home.

And as he stomped off, Skoll walked right into a wall of nothing. Invisible but the thunk that came when he bonked into it, was clearly a sign of impediment. A short-lived groan escaped Skoll’s throat as his hand went straight up to his nose, his eyes watering since that was what hit the invisible wall first, quickly turning to face the flesh ball orb thing.

"Ah-ah, you must meet with your comrades. At least one of them will do. I can't let you lock yourself away in your room, that I'm afraid- like it or not, is something I cannot allow."

Pop! out came the white fluffy wolf ears on his head, fuzzy as the fur stood on end.

"Well that can't be good" muttered the flying orb. "Please don't cause a scene dear pup, I hate bratty whiners."

Skoll growled in frustration, clenching and unclenching his fists at his side to keep himself from swiping to nab the annoying flesh ball out of the air. He was already technically in trouble with the DWMA. Adding more assault to his record wouldn’t be good. As much as they deserved it.

He stood there, body trembling as he tried to contain the anger he was truly feeling. “Wanna get me there? Run.” Fly. Whatever. Technicalities.

"Oooh" the ball cooed, voice sounding almost feminine with the lilt. "A chase, how exciting! Well, follow me then pup, let's get moving" the voice cried, bobbing side to side then taking off down the road.

As soon as they took off down the road, something clicked in Skoll and he was instantly running after them, his ears folding back in the wind. He growled out, “Stop with the pup!”

Not one to hold back, he went straight to pushing as hard as he could in his human form. It was unfortunate that it seemed the flesh ball was always just right out of reach.

A long laugh trailed out as Herkle dodged hands and grasped fingers. Any time the werewolf hybrid swatted to try and grab him, the orb easily and literally- slipped between his fingers. The two went racing down the street and then the yellow-green orb took a jarring left turn over the street flying higher into the sky, over the road where a light was red and few cars were heading down the path Skoll would need to cross.

Easy purchases in the form of traffic light posts were available if Skoll considered it, but the more he thought, the further Herkle got away. Sending a taunt.

"What's wrong Skoll? Can't catch a 'machine' hahahaaa!" The orb did a loop in the air. "What would your mother say if she were watching you now?" The voice teased.

Skoll shot glances down the road, and then at the crossing post.

Grr! The taunt gave him what he needed to figure out a solution.

He backed up a few steps as his bones cracked and popped. In the blonde boy’s place stood a taller, white fluffy werewolf. “You leave her-“ he bent down, readying his leg muscles before using all of his strength to just hop over the road, over any cars that might have been barreling down. “-outta this!

Whistling, Herkle nodded as he watched wolf boy fly- "Theory proven, that worked effectively."

He landed with a grunt to continue chasing the flesh ball in his werewolf form, white fur ruffled and his tail poofy.

The moment Skoll landed on the street, Herkle suddenly exploded. Light yellow green mist puffed by as the orb was now no longer an orb but more humane in size. Dark green hair, brilliant blue eyes, earrings and one nose ring at the bridge with a purple gemstone. Bangs almost blocking the vision of his eyes, Herkle laughed as he kept going backwards. Flying with his front directed towards Skoll. A smug smile on his face. The slightly adrogynous male chuckled as he dodged a furry paw trying to grab the flesh ball turned hottie. For a person that was no longer bug sized but was now like five feet at best, he certainly was nimble. And as he laughed at Skoll, he proved it when a finger came as the pixie rushed Skoll in a insane charge forwards.

People that watched them who had been going about their day watched with some interest. Others passed by, and anyone on the same sidewalk decided to take the road as a better gambit and cross the street to where two super magical performers weren't duking it out in the open.

Herkle charged and then with a pump of their wings, arced over Skoll's head. A hand came out and poked the black colored nose of the werewolf's snout, which caused Skoll to snort at, and as Herkle span like a ice skater around and flew in a curve back to face Skoll, he grinned. Blew on his black nail polished finger, and jammed the hand back into the pocket of his long white and black gown, mimicking growing a pistol. "Boop," tongue sticking out.

Then he zoomed off. Leaving Skoll to follow.

Touch me again, I dare you!” Skoll barked out, though not nearly as upset as he had been earlier.

As they were running, any pent up frustration and aggression that Skoll had been feeling starting to slowly melt away, and as much as the boop to the nose would normally irritate him, he was finding that with the wind in his face and pushing his muscles to chase an impossible-to-grab faerie(?) was proving a fun challenge. With narrowed golden eyes, he pushed onwards, his growls having turned more playful than aggressive.

Chuckling at the noticeable shift in expression, Herkle took a sharp right turn over the edge of a building on the sidewalk which obscured his view. He flew right over a group of people, a lone female who hadn't ducked instinctively, ears slightly pointed, turning to watch the pixie take off with the werewolf in pursuit. Her eyes narrowed. In a few seconds they widened and she grinned, taking off after Skoll and the pixie. Following after them for several feet and it was only noticeable when Herkle glanced over his shoulder.

"Hoho, looks like we have someone joining us" Herkle said from over his shoulder, a hint of confusion in his voice. It wasn't in his orders or list of commands since he was leading Skoll down paths that avoided other student routes so seeing someone give chase, someone clearly of supernatural origin from black lines that stretched out across her cheeks and red marks aesthetic lines under the eyes, but who or what she wanted was of curiosity. Though not of interest. Up ahead Chrona's statue was a bit more visible. Clearer actually and it would only be a matter of time before they arrived.

Skoll only took a small glance back, not wanting to lose the target of the chase. Whatever they wanted, it was probably just to run with them. It made sense to him, since he would do that back home when seeing another wolf take a run.

Herkle turned his attention to the girl that had been following and found she was gone. Vanished. Strange. The blonde, pointy eared girl looked like she had something to do with them but if she was--

Senses tingling, like a compass pointing him in the direction Herkle's blue eyes widened and he snapped his head at two o' clock as he felt a magical pulse. Still managing to dodge Skoll while slightly distracted. He sent a field of energy up that grabbed Skoll and yanked the guy closer, pulling him in a sling like fashion to where the werewolf went skipping right past him and still skipping for several seconds.

Skoll had been surprised by the sudden energy grab, and his expression hardened once more, shooting a glance at the faerie before looking at the girl who had started running with them. His tail flicked behind him, his eyes narrowing.

The girl from before landed in the instant right in front of Herkle and Skoll, having lept from a building above them at least three stories tall. She slammed into the ground, slightly cracking the pavement and then when she rose- the blonde female appeared...different. Ears pointed, lines along her face and arms. Black lines for the cheeks like some kind of animal, red markings around her almost draconic slit pupils.

If it weren't for the strange spiritual pressure she was giving off, the girl looked dressed more for the gym, minus the strange make up.

"Are you Skoll?" She asked in...was that three voices? Ugh, trippy. The slit eyes focused only on him, glancing the pixie's way once.

Skoll sniffed, wary now and stepped in front of the faerie he had been chasing, the thought of even grabbing him gone from his mind. “What’s it to you?” He looked the girl up and down, noting her features, unsure what to make what her race might be. Regardless, she knew his name and he didn’t know hers.

Almost instantly she stood down. "Well good to see you're at least lively. I figured if I could find you I'd be able to find someone else." Turning her attention to Herkle the strange female gave a sharp traditional bow to the pixie. Hands pointed upwards, palms together. "Sorry Sir Herkle for this intrusion. After hearing the news of what happened in Europe, I was sent by a superior to return to the States. To make a long story short, there's going to be some new faces entering the Program to replace some of the staff that are dropping out. Consider me more of a classmate of sorts in the meantime. Please, continue, I merely wanted to make my presence known so there would be no aggression on a misunderstanding."

Skoll sighed with a huff, his ears flickering as he kicked dirt, “Mood ruined.” He looked over at the faery man, shifting back to his human form as he ruffled his hand through his scruffy blonde hair, “Where’s this park then?” He didn't necessarily connect the statue ahead as the park they needed to be.

"We're actually not far from it." Herkle stated, pointing to the statue not far away. "Just down the street and a right across from this one."

Skoll groaned. If they were further away from it, maybe he still could have slunk back to his dorm room, but the faery man was true to his word and really did lead him in the direction they needed to go. Walking past the strange woman of whom he didn’t bother getting a name from, he rested his hands behind his head, more relaxed than he had been feeling earlier, following Herkle’s directions to get to the park.

Up ahead in the distance as they passed through the black purple archway into the park itself, there Chrona's statue stood. A black marble representation of an adrogynous figure wearing a one-piece gown commonly seen on a few members of the Witch Community. On their shoulder was a grinning figure with ex's for eyes and a wide grin made white to represent the teeth. A gold plaque sat under the feet of the statue.

"Chrona Gorgon, Demon Swordsman & Ragnarok the Demon Sword. The Unsung Heroes that stopped The Kishin."

Up ahead past the statue, beyond a few trees, was a floating pixie elderly woman. Upon spotting them, Herkle beamed and waved. "Madam Zizgauk! Hello!"

She seemed to smile. Below her was a fae female, and next to her- a dragon.

Skoll stopped in his tracks for a moment, eyeing the dragon. Considering it seemed to be relaxing with another being, in Death City no less, then it may not be a danger. He pressed onwards once more. He didn’t recognize the fae with the dragon. Was there usually a lot of fae in this city?

Should he say hi? Were they friendly? Were they even part of DWMA? He stopped several feet away as he grumbled out a greeting, “Yo. Did you get dragged here too?

"If I recall correctly, the pup chased me here! Was a little too focused on staring at my rear to actually do any catching though" Herkle stated with a smug reply.

Skoll quickly looked away, trying to hide the pink that came to his cheeks. He couldn’t help that he thought the faery was attractive once they had revealed their more humanoid form. “That is not what happened,” he grouchily rumbled.
Interaction: BriiAngelic BriiAngelic

• 0c8dc2476b841a10ca97d758a1dab535.png
    Casting Families: Elemental, Familiar, Enchantment
    Tristan: Healthy, Active
    Tsukino: Tired, Inactive

Tags:
    Blair's Apprentice ( The Regal Rper The Regal Rper ), Skoll ( Taigakitt Taigakitt )
    ~ Crona Memorial Park ~
    Konoha Peace || Tau's CS File

She sat long enough to catch her breath again. Her shoulder hurt but luckily she was used to stomach kicks enough that it was barely more than a passing annoyance. She probably could have dealt with her emotions better than her throwing them all into fighting but she didn’t want anyone else privy to her thoughts. It’s bad enough the pixie woman had seen her flip her lid, at least that could easily be handwaved as it wasn’t exactly the first time she’d done some unauthorized public fighting. At least sparing with her own familiars didn’t count under “delinquent offenses”.

She let out a sigh as she rubbed Tristan’s wing. He was always such a comfort. It was a shame that the city offered her so few places to let him loose. She was interrupted from her chance to spoil him with affection as one of the two blondes spoke to her. She used her bad shoulder to push herself up and ignored the stiffness to do so. She dusted herself off as she stood to full height. Her markings glowed as they shifted over her skin. She waved off his attempts to explain as unimportant and instead answered his initial question.

“Dragged? I suppose so. Of course I came willingly, only a fool would ignore Lord Kid’s instructions. Even so, I doubt all of the others will see it that way.”

She walked forwards to the two and Tristan lifted his head from his resting stance to Alert immediately. She raised her hand behind her in a stop motion and he went back to lying down even as his eyes were now focused on the newcomers. She stopped a few paces in front of them and leaned forwards, her wings fluttering behind her.

“I haven’t seen either of you before. So what are they replacing Seraphim that fast? And just why are there two of you? Did we lose another while I wasn’t looking? ”

A frown crossed her face faster than she could fix it. It was in poor taste to mourn a loss before they'd even confirmed the boy dead. She might have disliked meisters on principal but it wasn't like she had really gotten to know him. She put off the idea in her head. Present realities took precedent over shallow what-ifs. She glanced at them up and down. She let out a shallow pulse of magic. No reaction from the boy... another Meister perhaps? The girl however she was clearly magic.

"Perhaps a Meister? Perhaps a weapon? And you, definitely a mage huh."

Agnes Fairhair
Mentions: -| Interactions: Sybil Sybil (Adra), Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul (Midori)
agnes.jpg

It seemed Midori and her were on the same wavelength - unintentional pun there - when it came to handling Adra. Neither gave away much away, though, neither lied exactly about what they were doing or why they were meeting up like this. It was rather strange, their meeting, and she would give Adra credit for spotting that. She wasn't a bit slow when it came to this kind of situation.

So, Midori had figured it was better to explain what it was they were actually going to be doing, and of course, threw in a light jab over the dubiousness of Agnes' batting skills. She did raise an eyebrow and glanced to Midori. She was never one to shy away from a challenge, which she was sure both of them knew.

It had interested Adrasteia, that was for sure. Of course, anything that involved pissing off instructors sounded like it would interest her. Then again, would the instructors expect any different, after the bullshit that went down the programme?

So, of course, she was pretty eager to come along, telling them to lead on. Looking to Midori would have just made it even more obvious that what they were going off to do had no intentions of involving her. "Alright then," Agnes told her, turning and gesturing with a nod to follow them as she starting walking. It was just swinging a few balls and a bat. What could go wrong?

Agnes did turn again, walking backwards and looking to Adra as she explained, "Baseball has a lot of benefits, especially for training. Builds strength in your arms and legs, important for me who relies on that for combat. Good for hand-eye coordination." It made enough sense for Agnes to rhyme off those facts. Everybody knew how much of a freak she was for training. Early mornings, late nights, pushing herself and her partners to the absolute limit. It was a nice enough cover.

Mv3Qgdc.png

MidoriHoshi

"The Shade"

Species Death Golem
Rank One-Star Elite

Location Death City
Mission Redemption
Status Determined

"I do believe that settles it," Midori said once both girls agreed. Hue hue. A smile crept across his face once the tempo flowed back to him. His wavelength shot through him. Not a lot of it, not even like the flare he sent Agnes before. Instead, this was wavelength he was utilizing. Aside from Gavril, he doubted either of the two would bed aware how uncommon this particular action was for him. The Hoshi were all about conserving their wavelength like a precious commodity and hiding its presence even in use, if possible. It's not as if Midori didn't have other options, either. What was important was that this type of enhancement was the one he was sure Agnes could perform as well. He was more unsure of Adrastreia--using the wavelength to enhance the body in weapons was far less common and even then far less honed of a skill. If she couldn't, well he hoped she had some other method of keeping up.

"Talking about exercise," he said as the green electricity crackled around him, particularly up through his legs and around his shoulders up to his hair, "I think it's time for some cardio. Let's see if you girls can keep pace," he told them followed by the crackling of the air and the smile on his face turning into a more competitive grin. "Don't worry, I won't use clan techniques," he added before pulling the bag in closer to his body and removing the baseball bat to avoid its awkward size in the plastic bag becoming a problem.

Then he was off. His body leaned into the direction of the street and he darted down it. This wasn't like the island, either. Absurdly blinding speeds made even worse by the pissing contest between the weapon and Gavril. These were more realistic. Actual muscles moving, movements that could be read and seen, and while he was fast, his footspeed wasn't so impressive it felt impossible to match. For any Meister around their level, this was clearly a challenge. For Adrastreia, the challenge itself was in the creativity it would take to keep up with being this mobile, but he was confident she had her ways--even if they were more cheating and parkour than speed.

Midori was agile, not just fast. While his stride was intense, his footwork was paced and placed perfect insofar that when he turned down the alley, his momentum was thrown against the wall, allowing him to kick off from it without losing too much speed and continue through tight, brick-laid walls of the shaded back allies and dodge the obstacles scattered across the ground, leaping deftly over trashcans with quick slides and bounding over grates that otherwise could have tripped him up. It made sense, assassins stuck to the shadows.

This continued on until he exited the street, in which case he took no time scaling a lamppost just high enough to vault across the entire street, traffic, pedestrians, and all. He wondered how well the girls would keep up. He was sure they could, especially if he sparked that fire of competition in them. He didn't want to win. He wanted to create an itch that needed scratched. His moves were clean but not perfect, impressive but not impossible. It was a side of him that didn't exist on the island. He was sure depending on their abilities that if they felt like it, they could probably exceed him by taking short cuts or expending far more of their wavelength, but if so he would just speed up. Besides, he was the only one that actually knew where they were going.

This was a glorified game of cat and mouse spanned over the course of several city blocks and everyone's favorite cold-blooded assassin happened to be the running rodent.

Agnes Fairhair
Mentions: Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul (Midori) | Interactions: Sybil Sybil (Adra)
agnes.jpg
Agnes could hear the crackling of green electricity before she had even turned back to Midori. When she did turn, she did let surprise betray her normally cool expression. Midori had practically made his wavelength manifest, sudden ripples of power coming to the very surface. She knew very little on the Hoshi, admittedly, but she knew that they rarely liked to make a show of it. So, Agnes had been surprised as to what had made him decide to make a flair of it in the first place. It wasn't long before he did make mention of why; a challenge, a race, a game of cat and mouse, where the two girls were expected to chase after him.

Agnes didn't care for chasing rodents.

This should have been the part where Agnes took off. She could have easily taken her vibration abilities and used them for momentum, to push through her legs, to zip after him if she so wished. But she simply stood and watched Midori running, a flash of crackling green racing down the street, having barely avoided pedestrians and practically vaulting over trashcans and disappearing around a corner.

Would she, previously, had been up to the challenge? No doubt. Especially when she had a constant need to prove herself, to not be a foot out of place when it came to perfection. So why would she be so worried about some race here? It made it worse that it was out in the public eye. She was still a delinquent as far as things went. They had the time to have a break, to cool off, to clear their heads and think about what really mattered, what they were really going to do with themselves while they were in this programme.

When Agnes thought about it, she would only be regressing to all the way back to one of her key reasons for demerit. It was her straying from the path, figuratively, literally, that was part of the reason for landing her in this fucking programme in the first place. A small part, that led into a big fuck-up, and cost her another partner. And now, she had almost been seduced into running a race - a race she knew she would have little problem competing in, that Midori also knew she was highly capable of matching him, perhaps even besting him in.

So why was it she suddenly needed to prove anything here, if people already knew how capable she was?

Agnes had a reputation to rebuild. Whether she had to superglue the pieces back together or take a wad of duct tape to it to hold it together, she would do it. She didn't need questions of why she was running around the city with two other students, rather than trying to set her career and herself back on a steady path, from her parents, her family, hell, even the Countess herself. Or anyone else at the DWMA, for that matter...

She remembered once putting Gavril in his place when they were much younger, not because she thought she was better than him, more superior than him, but because she believed he wasn't giving the right kind of respect as a student at the Academy. A similar respect she found she hadn't given her partners, and eventually, the organisation itself. She was losing touch. Perhaps it was time that she reconsidered what she was here for.

Agnes sighed, scratching at her brow, before turning back to Adra, momentarily forgetting her presence there. She stood, silent for a moment, wondering if Adra would bite on the bait. She wouldn't blame her if she did. It seemed very much in her nature to want to do that. But she had an alternative.

"I've already done cardio this morning," Agnes started with a shrug. "And, uh...stupidly, I haven't had breakfast with that glowing orb floating around. I'm gonna grab a bite to eat on the way back to the park," she said, walking back in the direction she came. If she was wanted, she'd be chased upon again, no doubt. After a moment, she did look back to Adra as she walked, "If you want to stalk me on the way there, you're more than welcome to." Her tone wasn't necessarily playful, but she did intend it as a joke.

She did have fans flocking to her this morning, it seemed.

• ???
    ce77vXnRvUTxoCFRVHbGYztpRlUGp0cQc0LVwvXQSHY.jpg

The dragon was the first thing that caught her attention. She had never seen a genuine dragon before and it was somewhat exciting to see that it had taken notice of them first. In all the years she had been studying magic, there hadn't been that many at the Guild she could recall who had possessed a Familiar. Then again when she was starting at the Guild, she'd only been like....twelve or thirteen? It was either when she waa turning 13 or still twelve but either way, seeing this did just remind her of how much progress really went by so quickly on the fly.

Inhaling deeply, exhaling slowly, it was a nice reminder in just how much things changed if one didn't pay attention to things carefully. Which in her case, now meant watching the female move, wings fluttering as she approached them. Reeking of emotion, giving with just the faintest hint of spiked disdain.

Ah so it was you. Her eyes flicked over the individual in question. Tau stunk of melancholy. Frustration also but when she addressed them it was clearly sorrow that stuck out the most, and pride that seemed to be winning with its rather powerful aroma. At the mention of replacements however a brow rose slightly. "Replacement?" She repeated in a light British accent. "I can assure you miss, I am no replacement. DWMA does not have replacements, only those that can take up a role. Besides" The blonde said with lecture like tone, a small smile on her face- all clearly in good humor, "the only new addition to your group here so far is him." Her head tilted to the side in the direction of the other blonde, Skoll. "Little fluffy over there with his cute wittle krush hehe," Blondie teased- grinning up at Herkle who now took to the air above the group to converse in mutters with the older pixie woman. "I'm just here for someone else. My trip back from Denmark took longer than I thought since I was transferred over from there. Just wanted to drop by" she shrugged, the smile fading just a little. Silence settling for a few seconds before something hit her that made those green eyes pop with light.

"OH SHOOT! By the way," the blonde pony-tailed girl bowed, a formal Japanese traditional bow of greeting. "My name is Alessia," her British accent somehow perfectly mimicking the Italian that was needed to pronounce it. "It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I don't believe I have your name?" the half-japanese half-english teenager said as she rose up to her full height once more- which wasn't that much anyway.

The exchange may have gone on a bit longer but anything Alessia might have wanted to say was cut short when her eyes widened at a scent that caught her nose. Turning to look in the direction, she was glad to be correct.

Oh my, she fought the urge to grin. He's really grown in the last year hasn't he? Or I guess in human time it would be four years? Madame Blair would have been fussing over him. A small smile worked its way on her face. It occured to her only just now that her disguise might not be recognizable to him but if he had honed that sensory skill he had been working on when they had last been face to face, then surely- certainly, he could figure out who she really was.

However as Gavril got near- the other smells, the emotional auras that moved around his body, made that small smile vanish in exchange for a raised brow and a minor thin lipped pout.

"What's this?" her brow went up in confusion. Why does he smell so...different?

Time was always so strange to her. Like it had been with most normal mortals, even if she was part of them by blood it was often hard to see it that way. The smells Gav radiated right now, the emotional aromas that came off him were pungent. She could practically taste them. There was a bitter sourness she could detect which symbolized lingering guilt. Hard to tell what he had to be guilty for if she were being honest. He looked alright, so she wondered what the problem was.

Watching him intently and keeping silent, hands in her sweat pant pockets, Alessia watched as Gav glanced everyone's way- except her. Her nostrils flared subtly, a hint of annoyance creeping in. Still a tease aren't we? she wondered, her expression remaining curious but detached from whatever was about to go on. Perhaps the Madame had taught him something more than learning how to endure.

It was clear there was tension here. She wondered just how much of that briefing would clarify everything when she inevitably had to report to HQ to receive her Intel on the program's status ahead.

Attention turning back to Gav however and his little exchange with Skoll, Alessia watched with interest at the wolf boy's reaction. It was so odd to see Gav apologize willingly. It seemed he really had done some growing up.

Which was perfect, now her conscience could be free in the future. A small twitch to her lips, barely noticeable, was quickly hidden.

I'm glad I rushed over.

Mentions: Taigakitt Taigakitt

Interactions: BriiAngelic BriiAngelic

Last edited:

Adrasteia Chandrice
"Whiplash"

Midori. An enigma to most, as every time it seems people have him pegged? He goes and does something... unpredictable. Adrasteia couldn't fault him for being that way, seeing as she was equally as guilty for the same problem. Unpredictability caused de-stability in personal relationships, and the whip knew exactly what that kind of loneliness can do to a person who doesn't let it show. It was like a house losing its foundation slowly but surely so everything appeared fine until the final bit of stress collapses the whole building.

So who would have guessed that Adrasteia actually hesitated to respond to the boy bursting with energy and speed? Her muscles almost tried to override her brain which argued against this, taking a step forward, but ultimately even her body hesitated to see the lackluster response from the meister she was actually here for. Perhaps if she hadn't had her sanity brought back recently above the water of her madness she might have not even realized her priorities laid elsewhere, but she was here. Here and looking at the rather calm and hungry meister.

Chasing after this challenge seemed less important.

"... eh fuck it." She stood up and listened to Agnes, taking a deep breath as she began to follow the meister to their breakfast. "I'll walk with you sure, I have nothing better to do. Walking alone is boring."

"Did I interrupt something intimate?" She smiled, her mild sarcastic tone denoting what she joked about. Seems despite how calm she was, there still laid a troublemaker down deep. One who was not going to touch the stalker comment. "Because I could have left is he was nervous to kiss you in front of me."

Interactions: Arcanist Arcanist
Mentions: Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul

code by RI.a

Last edited:

Mv3Qgdc.png

MidoriHoshi

"The Shade"

Species Death Golem
Rank One-Star Elite

Location Death City
Mission Redemption
Status Determined

They didn't come.

Midori ran forward and kept tabs on their soul signatures, but they didn't move. No flares, no transformation, nothing notable. He allowed time for that. He was nearly through the alley and neither reacted. Then he made it to the end of the alley and that's when he felt Agnes turn toward Adrasteia. If she had done this quicker, perhaps it would be to discuss moving forward, but it wasn't. This took a fair amount of time. Enough, alongside the gap his speed made, to make him realize that she had no intention of following--for whatever reason.

Was it pride? Could not lose a race? Was it vanity? Would a Fairhair not race through a street? It was common for the DWMA agent to make their paces through the streets, especially those skilled enough to not destroy property. This admittedly may not have applied to Adrastria depending on how she moved, but that was beyond the point. What was the point of this? Was she feigning interest the entire time? Why bother? He would have given up had she shown none with next no backlash.

But this, this was an insult. She could have said no if she had no interest, but to just let him run forward? That made Midori angry. In the next moment, his soul vanished--if the two girls were even keeping a tab on it. He doubted they were. But, the concentration of his wavelength was necessary for his real techniques.

Now, the more typical Midori returned.

As Agnes turned to head in the direction she started in, Midori blurred into vision in front of them. His soul gone. Sound gone. All that was left were the dull, cold eyes of the irate assassin. The look on his face had shifted from the more friendly one from earlier. This was the man they met in the forest. This was the black hole of emotion that left a wake of frigidity wherever he went with eyes that seemed to suck the heat out of the very air and life out of the atmosphere. It was a stare, too, that Adrastreia would recall more than Agnes. It was the very vibe given off by the weapon before he sent her into that infernal repetition that caused the last out burst.

He allowed silence to hang in the air as he intentionally blocked their way with his neutral, oddly menacing presence.

"What kind of weaklings..." he said in a cool, dry voice, tilting his head some to the side and squinting his eyes.

"Won't indulge in a little race?" he asked, finishing his sentence. It was difficult to tell by his tone of he was being patronizing or there was more to what he said.

"Don't you know... iron sharpens iron," he continued on, making an actual point alongside his highly targeted question, "or, do you two intend on getting dull? If so, I may have made a mistake in my judgement".

As Gav began to bounce around Lilly braced herself as her back legs bounced up and down, causing her belly to slap against the top of his head as he went. Every so often she let out a soft grunt as she was slapped back down against the top of his head. Still, it was faster than if she was to do it herself and she was still tired. She was snapped back to reality as she heard him talking to himself, or maybe it was her she couldn’t really tell “Pink person…? What?” She asked not really sure what he was talking about.

Though as he continued he began to actually talk to her. Bouncing on his head she finally got a grip on the back of his shirt with her hind legs and was able to brace herself. “Yeah, you can be a bit of a stick in the mud. But considering I have seen how far you have come it isn’t that big of a deal. I am just glad I didn’t kill and eat anyone cause I never know what I will get into when I get like that. I did dig the giant… frog thing though. Wish they didn’t kill it, I would have personally loved to bring it back as an oversized pet.” Lilly spoke freely.

As they approached the park she saw the people around and immediately saw Skoll. Eyes narrowing she internally giggled as Gav landed and finally stopped bouncing. Pulling her claws out she kicked off his head and landed on the ground still in her cat form. Padding towards the others she looked around seeming as smug as a cat possibly could. Looking up at Skoll. She didn’t even have a chance to say anything as Gav came walking over and started speaking. Sitting down she stared up at them as Gav started off rather rough. “Ooooo, sexy aye?” The cat below them suddenly piped up.

“Oooooo, nooo I think you two should definitely hug it out…. totally should hug it out.” Lilly continued on before looking around. “Speaking of hugs…. where is the fey. I want to hug Tau.” Lilly mumbled out “Cya doggie and Gav.” Lilly blurted out before padding away from the two. Slowly making her way up toward the blonde girl and Tau, Lilly barely paid attention to the blonde girl. Slinking around like a cat thinking it isn’t seen she suddenly burst forth, magic flaring as she turned into her human form. Pounceing from behind she wrapped her arms around Tau. “Hiya.” Lilly muttered knowing that ouch times were soon going to be upon her.

Interations: Tau BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Skoll Taiga Taiga Gav The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Blonde girl The Regal Rper The Regal Rper

Skoll Vargfang

Skoll.jpgSkoll shrugged his shoulders, “Well, sure.” Lord Kidd had given Skoll this second chance to show he could be part of the DWMA, so even if he disliked the lengths that flesh balls went to gathering everyone in a rushed pace, it was important to listen.

When the girl with the dragon pet approached and the dragon seemed to have a snap expression, Skoll couldn’t help but respond back with a silent snarl towards the dragon in his own weariness. Gonna snarl? Get snarled back at.

As soon as the dragon was waved off, Skoll refocused back on the girl, realizing she also had wings. Was she the same race as the flesh balls? Pixies, faery? He didn’t honestly know the difference.

When the girl questioned about replacing someone, Skoll narrowed his eyes. He heard the name in the questionings, but he never knew this Seraphim.

The weird pointy-eared girl responded before he had a chance, more or less cutting him off. She was well-versed on the topic, it seemed. A growl came from his throat at the mention of having a crush. Absolutely not. These beings wouldn’t understand even if he would try to explain it. They weren’t werewolves.

It seemed the girl with the dragon was studying him and the girl that followed with him. While she was guessing what he was, he grinned and puffed his chest out, “Alpha Wolf from the Asian branch, Skoll. I was a part of the program with a different group. I dit-lost them when the island went from the tropics to the desert overnight.” As if that told the story of who he was.

A scent on the wind grabbed Skoll’s attention, to which he looked away from the faery girl and looked where it was coming from. It seemed Alessia had also noticed?

As soon as that familiar scent was approaching, Skoll’s eyes narrowed and that growl rumbled in his chest. He recognized it as the guy that pretty much led him to what could have been his death. In fact, probably helped get him into this whole mess to begin with.

Skoll felt the verge of his ears wanting to pop out, but that entirely depended on what Gav was about to say. He barely registered the cat.

Listening carefully, he controlled his breathing to keep himself from tackling the guy to the ground. That would only serve to probably kick him off the program. His eyes flicked down at the cat when she spoke, partially surprising him considering he wasn’t expecting her to be more than just a cat.

An apology wasn’t something Skoll expected and his eyes stared at Gavril’s hand for a moment before deciding that a fight wasn’t worth it. Even if Skoll could be dense, it wouldn’t be right to trample over something that took guts.

A grin came to the werewolf’s lips before taking Gav’s hand in his and shaking, “I’m going to hold you to that. Without the hugs. Fuck that shit.” Though it seemed the… cat… wanted them to. Weirdo? He wasn’t about to hug someone he didn’t like. He didn’t like a lot of people, so his number of hugs since leaving home and his ex-partner were much closer to zero.

After shaking, Skoll clenched his other hand and threw the punch at Gavril. No way would he pass on the offer to punch the guy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back