• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

A̷̧̺͚͔̠̓́͝d̵͚̗͗̄̂͜r̴̘̿́̃͘̚a̷͖̱̫̿͆͌͜ͅs̷̼̥̙̣̠͚̑t̷̖̰̠̬̘̩̉̎̂̀ĕ̶̘̗̆͘i̴͙̺̘͎͈͋͛̆͂͠ă̸̛̳͜ ̷̠̓̉͛̈́C̷̛̩̠ḧ̴̘̉̂̀͘͜a̴͎̭͔̻͖̒n̸̙̲̙̕ḍ̸̳̯͙̍̆̿̏̂r̵̡͎̦̼̬͙̉͊i̸̢̛̛̦̯̣̊́c̵̡̦̼̀͆̐̅̀͠ë̶̛̯́̂
“̷̗́̆W̸̹̣̺̦͛̓̑͝h̸̬̿̇̔͌i̶̟̳̹͈̟̊̊͌͜p̸͎͇͌l̸̜̮͝ä̶̲́̓̿̌s̸͇͔̽͂h̵̙͔̙͖̅͑̒̊̚̚”̴̝͍̻̣̾

"Aw, a teacher's pet with a potty mouth!" She just hung on to Vanya, enjoying the rowdy insults thrown at her like they were praise, swaying while on the back. When the boy yelling at her seemed to focus on her, well she did what she did and stare right back.

The illusions were definitely something to shake anyone, and even her grin faltered for a few seconds... that was until it just returned. She was not aware of the real world thanks to the powers of the death golem, but she just seemingly stared back, unmoving on the back of the hybrid. She just grinned, barely making a noise as her breathing slowed and her eyes dilated. The mental prison had brought her to a rather welcome place, a place where she had been trying to get back to. A place of honest unruly action and emotion. To her? The madness was just her preferable state of being. Amidst the chaos, her thoughts echo out of the violence.

Ĩ̴̈ ̴̄͌s̴͐̆h̴͗̈́ö̵́̇ű̸́l̵̓͝d̸̐̋ ̶̾̊t̷͒̕h̷͋̏a̷̋̋n̵͆̊k̶͂́ ̷̱̕h̶̔͊ȉ̸̕m̷̍̕ ̴̎͛f̷̏́o̷̾̀ŕ̷͛ ̷̏͘t̸͐͗h̷̏̚e̵̓̈́ ̵͑̆f̷͊̂a̵̓̾n̴͂̊t̴͖͒a̷͒̔s̷͆͛i̴̅͆e̶͗̚s̴͌̽ ̶̏̚h̷͊͒ē̴͘ ̷́͝ḧ̴͙́a̸͋̈́s̸̑̐ ̴̒͗g̷̈́̔ř̸͘ẩ̸n̸͒̅t̷̨͋e̸̊d m̴̂̓e̸̓͝ ̴͆̏v̴̈̂i̸̊͌s̴͛̋i̸̿̏o̶͌͝n̶̈́͆ ̵̑̂ŏ̴͛f̷̏̓~̸̉̆

But unfortunately for everyone, this meant her soul was going into a rapid and frantic tune, one that screeched and groaned as it was like listening to the slow sawing of a violin with its own bow. An orchestra of violins tortured as the purple and green soul was lit up with pulsing green lines like fractures. It was a downright disturbing tune, and it would spread.

Her soul reached out as fast as her real body and weapon body could, latching onto surrounding souls and gripping them tightly. First would be Midori, the one whose soul intermingled, but the rest within the group all bundled up would begin to feel mania pounding behind their eyes. While it would not make one feel her emotion and override their own, the brains and souls would be overloaded with her tune and mania like a megaphone screaming down on them, bearing down on them as her soul held the others tightly in its grasp.

All while Adrasteia gently hummed a tune, all while her influence swelled as would a beast let out of a cage. Once released however she would hop off the hybrid Vanya, looking right at Midori as he turns. Looking away was not the call, however, as if he didn't break his immediate casting of his aura on Gav and dodged he would have his eyes slashed by the blades of her chain whip across his face. Not only did she transform her arm faster than ever, but it also shot out with more control and speed that made it a blur.

Regardless of hit or not the empath ability swelled, her body surging with the energy now given to it by this manic state and the mental broadcast only worsened for the group. "
Boy, you suck cock for Death AND give freebies~? If I was straight then you MIGHT be worth something to someone!"

code by RI.a

Lillith 'Chimera' Pantera

Mentions: Pretty much the whole group but in specific Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul Sybil Sybil The Regal Rper The Regal Rper

Having yanked her head out of Gav’s headlock Lilly stared daggers at him before managing to take a few steps away. Hearing the tone of voice and direction that Midori took made her shake her head, another individual pressing their beliefs onto others, though more forcefully than she would have liked. Keeping her distance from the others she sat back down once Gav moved on. Though her relaxation period was quickly thrown into the wind by the rising conflict among the group. Thats when she saw it, the gaze shared between Midori and Adra. While she couldn’t see what Adra was experiencing, the sensation stemming from her grew to a roar as Lilly’s head swam.

The unexpected link formed before she had a chance to stop it and immediately the flood gates opened causing Lilly to groan. Laying on her back she stared up at the sky as she ran damage control, the voices of the others drowned out by a sequence of noise as the song of captivity changed, the record starting to skip as she maintained a level of discipline that even amazed her. Closing her eyes she felt herself starting to tear up as she realized that there was no stopping what was coming and that she had to act fast.

Sitting up Lilly’s skin turned pale as she swallowed “You’ve done it now, oh how beautiful you a-” Lilly snapped her mouth shut before scrambling up and on her feet. Eyes going wide she threw herself into flight or fight mode and managed to keep control long enough to turn away from the group and sprint towards the river. Focusing on her steps she tried to come up with a game to keep her mind busy, yet as she gained distance from the others she still felt the overwhelming impulse to enact change. Her sprinting finally came to a close as she tripped over a large frog causing her to stumble and fall flat on her face. The pain combined with her already fragile mental state shattered her personality causing her to physically change.

Shimmering covered her body as she rolled over onto her back, using what extra energy she had left her mind pushed the change even further. Arms elongating into clawed appendages she felt her legs snap, arching and reforming into an almost digitigrade looking structure. Arching her back her head her torso hardened, black chitinous plates began to form from once soft skin before at last her head shifted. What was once her face had begun to reshape itself into an almost reptilian like form with a hinged jaw with one large eye and several smaller ones on each side of the skull.

Breathing heavily she looked into the water to see her own reflection, basking in the beauty of it she saw a different reality, metaphorical rose colored glasses causing her to lose grip with how the world truly looked, how she truly looked. Where one saw a monster, Lilly saw herself, only more beautiful than she was before. Her admiration was snapped away as she heard a loud “Ribbbbiiit.” next to her. Head snapping to the right she let out a hiss before snatching the frog with her right claw. The frog let out a hiss as she clasped it tightly with both claws. Raising it up to her mouth her jaw slid opened wider than one would expect before she closed it like a vice on the frog. Tearing the frog in half she began to gorge herself on the kill before hurling the scraps into a nearby rock grouping.

The infusion of energy made her crave more causing her to snap her eyes onto the remaining frogs. Closing the distance in a leap she ripped another frog out of the water before once again shoving it into her maw. The whole massacre was over in less than two minutes as the frog population in her localized area was decimated, the corpses of the mostly eaten frogs having been piled up next to the only remaining frog. Rising up to her full height she grabbed the frog before shoving it into the pile of frog carcasses as if preparing for something.​

5988c4fc439438be358e67ba0a4b6f16.png
86a4f3e9756b7fa8cc8f71feacadd01a.png

~Mentions~
Lily Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider
~Interactions~
The whole group basically.. but mainly Midori Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul Adrasteia Sybil Sybil Gav The Regal Rper The Regal Rper

Ciel's deadpan eyes fell upon Adrasteia as she replied to his initial question, the blue haired boy examining her from top to bottom before glancing away. With all the rumours swirling around her, Ciel had no intentions of dipping his fingers into that bowl of crazy. He'd be eaten alive and spat out if he did and that was just trouble he did not want to have on his plate. Head swivelling away from her, his eyes were momentarily drawn to the small stature of Agnes, the meister echoing Adrasteia's remarks with her own statement. She too wanted this group to start hauling ass outta here.

Their desires however were quickly quashed as the dark haired demon weapon began to speak up, Ciel already getting a sense of dread from the incoming barrage of 'sense' that Midori was about to dish out on all of them. The moment he had mentioned the word 'Educate', Ciel found himself turning his back towards the rest of the group and his ass meeting the ground as he sat there hunched over. He'd have left the group entirely had it not been for the fact that there were monstrosities lurking out there wishing to kill them. He was lazy and disinterested, but not stupid.

Ciel remained quiet and his eyes fixed upon a trail of ants that had been walking along the beaten path; their unified movements mesmerising as they scurried along the ground, uncaring of the giants looming near to them. They simply had one goal, one mission. They had to ensure the survival of their queen and the prosperity of their nest. The mere thought of that eliciting a sigh from Ciel who found their 'life mission' to be tedious. They simply existed to work their butts off for their brood mother, to venture out into the dangerous world on a daily basis, put their lives at risk, return home beaten and bruised only to do it all again the next day. Truly Ciel felt sorry for their existence, the diminutive species of insect unable to comprehend just how wonderful an uncaring life was.

Despite Ciel resonating with the troop of ants, he had still remained aware of what was being said between the rest of the group; the tempestuous Midori doing a splendid job at drawing some of the group's ire towards himself; though knowing what he knew of Midori, this was probably not that uncommon for him. Ciel's fingers danced across the ground, his right hand mimicking two legs as he trotted in between the line of ants; while his head rested on his left palm which in turn was being propped up by his left elbow resting on his leg. Truly, Ciel embodied the 'I'm really not that interested' look as he sat there playing with the ants. Even when Adrasteia had interjected with her own outburst, Ciel had remained the smallish figure in the background; fingers now intentionally stepping on the ants and sending the troop into a frenzy of movement as their daily lives were now interrupted.

... and there it was. Ciel briefly glanced behind himself as Midori spat vulgarities at those that spoke up; mainly Adrasteia who seemed like the trigger that had caused 'Trigger Warning' to erupt in a splendid array of, 'Shut the fuck up. Fuck you, fuck this fuck that yadda yadda'. The same old vulgarities, same old story. Did Midori really think that this would garner his desired reaction? That shouting at a bunch of misfits, delinguents and hooligans would illicit anything more than a violent reply?

Ciels thoughts were a premonition for what was soon to come; his soul tightening from an intense force that seemed to emanate from the demon weapon. As if Gravity decided to focus on Ciel, the pressure he felt had made him unable to move, unable to react and most importantly unable to complain about someone else's problems now becoming his own. Garbled insanity seemed to violate his mind as he found himself screaming internally; his head pounding as the almost satanic drivel screeched through his mind, deafening him to the world around himself.

Last edited:
Vanya | Flammable Forest

DBC0368F-C4CD-48C1-954C-20F94ED5854F.jpeg

Vanya found all the back and forth arguments entertaining to watch. The loudmouth Midori sounded like ruffled chihuahua. She wasn’t alone in enjoying the show, however. The chain weapon took her up on her offer and mounted her from behind. It felt good, knowing that there were sensible people in among the rabble. She‘d seen the weapon fight just moments ago, and couldn’t help but be reminded of her late partner.

When Gav refered to her as a babe once again, she simply spat in his direction in response. Her hands were full, quite literally, at the moment. Not that she would let this slide so easily. She would remember this, this harassment. Any remorse she may have felt for what she had done to him in the past was temporarily forgotten, replaced with disgust. She clicked her tongue. This guy was really starting to piss her off. The only one allowed to mock her was herself, everyone else required a special permit.

Things were getting heated all around, it seemed, as Adra and the chihuahua duked it out. Vanya tensed as she noticed her passenger went unnaturally still for but a split second. Intuition was telling her something was wrong. Did something rattle the girl? Perhaps she sensed something, another facet of the test, an ambush of some kind. Her guesses proved incorrect.

The wave of mania hit her, and she found herself stumbling as the weapon hopped off. Her head was pounding. Suddenly, she realized she no longer cared what consequences her actions might have. As a matter of fact, consequences be damned. For what reason was she holding herself back around these dogs, especially that mongrel Gavril? She snarled. A proud wolf like her should be expected to instill some discipline in her lessers.

Transforming her fingers into gun barrels, she fired off all directions with a quick spin. Whether the shots landed or missed entirely, she did not care. Those were merely warning shots to keep others from getting in her way. Without missing a beat, she immediately began to close in on the wiccan. Once, or rather if, she managed to get close enough, she would use her barriers to hook him towards her. No more holding back, this time she’d give him the kick he truly deserves.

The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Sybil Sybil Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul @collateral_damage

Gav | Gaea Glade

EQqS5evUUAAZgKm

"Whoa there Midori," not Hoshi. A chuckle derived of true mirth. His tone cautious, careful. It was time to start walking all of this back, if it could be at all. Damage control. He had to do damage control now, or this would get out of hand quickly.

Midori wasn't stupid. He knew that. He believed it. But he also knew what he was feeling; challenged and insulted. Feelings he could empathize with completely-- feelings he knew deeply well. Feelings that made you do stupid things, the issue was- he had no idea what Midori would do.

Even worse, he knew he couldn't stop him. Not without the help of the others. Not alone.

But it was too late. Before he could say anything more- Midori had given Adrasteia his full attention. Trigger pulled, a warning fired. Faithful to the name.

In that instant, as Gav watched Midori and Adrasteia engage in the most historical fallout of a staring contest he would ever be a part of (and might not ever see again), he heard his father's voice speak to him.

Social interactions are like poker. You have your cards, everyone else has theirs and each person is engaging the other through idle banter; if they all know each other, maybe drinks- food, you name it. If they're strangers? There's a notable shift of atmosphere- especially if you aren't playing a game in your basement at home.

Now you can predict and guess, even try to trick the others into showing or hinting at what they might have up their sleeve, but people aren't stupid. I mean, yeah some people are, don't get me wrong kiddo. But there's spectrums. Some know when to fold, others don't, and then there's the one's that play it safe, but you've got the people who like to act sly, think they can trick a skilled dealer- hide a few cards of their own up their sleeve. My point is, you'll never be able to 100% predict everything all the time, and you can't always trick people and expect things to always go your way.

Dad was right. He grimaced. Then the shift in her tune came, and his expression changed to surprise.

A single violin quickly sawing away at the strings came as suddenly as the mix and mash of instruments suddenly dying. An aggressive pace, furious movement. He was reminded of one album, a piece written by Soul Evans- a piano and a violin, no lyrics, just instrumentals. The grim yet excited tone. The lone violin was soon enhanced by the low sound of plucking, then followed by the beat of a thousand bows in rhythmic tapping against instrument wood, met with a accent and crescendo of cellos, ending with viola's and more violins increasing the sound. Gav's eyes widened as he listened to the chaotic nature that had been compromised of various instruments take up such a shift in such a phenomenal and fast way the second this standoff began.

He could feel it, the hate- the anger in Midori's which was contrasted by the abandoned glee he heard in the growing sound of Adra's. At the same time, he heard that other thing. The undertones of her madness rising in volume. The heavy ominous sound growing louder yet at the same time balanced with this string instruments as every second ticked by. Gav's eyes flicked between the two weapons, trying to assess, understand what was happening. What Midori was doing to cause or make Bell's tune change so suddenly. Watching Bell's reactions and facial expressions as they aligned with her tune while Midori ended his final statement with partial transformation. A threat Gav completely ignored now because he had no intent on taking that obvious trap. Not ever, and certainly not when he was witnessing what looked to inexperienced like Midori was mentally fucking with--

He realized: His Aura Pressure...

It was the only reasonable thought he made before Gav was caught off guard. Overwhelmed by the cocktail torrent of emotion.

🌟

A shirtless, sweat stained Gav stomped in the usual stomping fashion he had become accustomed to when wearing the bands. He recalled it; ticked, peeved, outraged- a little confused.

"Who the hell does she think she is anyway?" He had asked his trailing partner, eyes narrowed into slits, hands shoved in pockets formed into fists. "Seriously, who starts a duel over a shirt? So what if I like to walk around buttons off, bare front and arms fully exposed! What kind of brick got shoved up her ass?! Huh? I mean seriously!" He asked, laughing in anger, only partly aware of people clearing from his path as he approached with that ticked off look.

Kevin sighed, clearly annoyed. "I told you not to. But did you listen? What happened to heading to the cafeteria after practice?"

"Kevin, please, you aren't seriously about to tell me I was in the wrong for accepting such an outrageous duel, right? A chick" he emphasized as if it were poison, "not even my mother or a senior or instructor, but some peer thinks she can walk up to me and tell me to:" his voice rising, squeaking as he mimicked her, "'put a shirt on, OMG, you are disgracing Shibusen's good name walking around like this'. KEVIN! The girl lectured me on my style! For nearly a minute on why my dress code was a violation to not just her eyes, but to the image of the school and Lord Death himself! Are you telling me you wouldn't put some prissy bitch like that in her place? When I wasn't even bothering anyone?! Am I in rags here?!"

"Well...honestly, no you aren't, and yeah I can't say I'd be exactly happy either but-- hear me out, what's your deal against girls bro?"

The confusion maximized, and Gav paused. "What?"

"Why do you hate girls, dummy? Is it because you're gay?"

Thrown off, he exclaimed "The fuck?! Where did this come from? I ain't a sexist Kev!"

"You just have issues with almost most girls in our peer rank" he supplied. "So what's up with that? You always get a bit more aggressive with girls, why?" The redhead pressed, frowning, brow cocked, arms crossed. Waiting.

"You wouldn't get it."

"Help me too."

He couldn't. They were outside, still in the school. People would hear if he said anything. It was complicated, explaining something like this. He didn't hate girls. He really didn't. Some were cute, some were meh, others were...interesting? He just-- "I just hate being bossed around by them," he looked away, "alright? You know i don't take kindly to our peers trying to boss me around. Look, let's drop it, I'm going back. I need to cool off."

He remembered.

He was heading back to the dorms when it happened. Morgana and her surprises. Something he had long since grown used to, but not one he had at all expected that day. That extra bit of caution in approaching things she had instilled in him since childhood, failed him the one time it mattered when he hadn't been paying attention. Maybe things would have been different had he not been in such a foul mood but Gav recalled it vividly. Opening the door, entering the corridor that led to the living space and--

The shock hit the hardest, with how it crashed into him. Like being swept by a wave and bashed against rocks. Every muscle suddenly filled with adrenaline from the blood that pumped through his body yet somehow frozen against the strength of the current. How the tingle down his spine felt, the way his pupils had dilated, how they widened, how his hands trembled. The intense awareness of sweat beginning to form every part of his body. The blood rushing through him- the keen sense of trickling fear that came with the shock and surprise at how potent her wavelength felt. How it was almost suffocating yet intoxicating-- how breathing normally suddenly became difficult. Impossible to the point he felt he would pass out from the overload- the sheer sound--

--but he didn't. He remembered. Relived the moment, literally reliving the memory; his hands clenched, his muscles twitched, his body moved, anger spiked to blinding levels--

💥

Reality cleared with a blink, accompanied by a overwhelming sound. Like the soul tunes of everyone around him, he heard their death metal cries as he yelled. Each and every person's tune playing at the same ear splitting volume as Adrasteia's. And on instinct, to snap himself out of the pain and the surprised shock- Gav yelled. Momentarily unaware his own voice had become a furious yell of defiance. Reenacting that moment in his dorm. A shout of assertion that echoed and pushed surrounding grass, dirt, pebbles, tree branches and leaves; strengthened through his unconscious partial empowerment, violently pushing against everyone but most importantly: used to help him claw back reason.

Not even close to 100%, hues of blue and green, as well as shades of red and red-orange flecked off his skin as a brief outline bled off him into the air. Emotion feeding the intensity of his spirit, the fury that had come with the memory now replaced with determination in a split second. His focus honing on Adrasteia as his cry suddenly died but the gales that were made briefly lived on.

One thought fueled Gav in this moment: stop this. End the chaos.

Yet just as he was about to move, he heard an approaching sound; overbearing, heavy guitar strings- and he knew who it was without even looking her way. Scowling, Gav switched targets.

"I don't have time for your shit Vanya!" Gav stated in a callous, disdainful whisper. Looking her way, gauging her movement. "Get lost, puppy!"

And just like that, her barriers hooked him- a move that made Gav grimace, look past her, as if she wasn't worth it so he could gawk at Adra and Hoshi- and within that moment- the outline of energy around his body burned just a bit brighter.

Mentions: Sybil Sybil BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul Phayne Phayne Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Asagi Asagi Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider Arcanist Arcanist

Interaction: mewmilk mewmilk

Last edited:
Serafim — The Inferno
af76b5b63cbfd7d66a6ceb7392f3803e.gif
Licking Flames
Serafim could not pinpoint the exact moment all Hell broke loose. It could’ve been when he sensed the male Weapon’s Aura spike. Or when he felt the Chain’s response as it reverberated through her into them all. Into him. At once, Sera’s eyes snapped open, his concentration shattered. The sound, the horrible sound. It was in his ears, in his mouth, in his mind. Madness.

He stumbled to his feet. Pure instinct told him to duck . A bullet sailed overhead. He tried to find the source of it but for the screaming in his head. It was all he could do to stay standing. Find the source. Find the source, he told himself. Purple flames licked at the corner of his vision. Familiar.

No... Not here. Not now..!

Frantically he scanned the clearing. All was chaos. The Chain attacked. Surely there would be a response. One of the other Meisters was under assault. The Witch had run off. All the while he heard it, the crackling of fire as it swallowed up this kindling, hungrily, greedily. He didn’t have much time. Then his eyes landed on the Chain once more. She was the source. He was sure of it. In her the Madness had a foothold. If he could only get to her... Then perhaps he could stave off the greater calamity that was to come.

Wearing his Wavelength like a shield, Sera stepped forward into the maelstrom of Madness that had enveloped them. Her back was to him – too preoccupied with the other Weapon in her sights. He was close now, close enough to reach her. If he could reach her, perhaps he could incapacitate her and all of this would be over. He extended a hand. His arm came into his field of vision as he reached. That was when he saw it. Along the length of his am danced tiny motes of purple flame.

No... No. No, no, no, no!

On instinct he jerked his arm away from her, fearful now that if he touched her she’d catch fire as Ismene had. The sudden, violent motion sent the little fires cascading down onto the ground below. They instantly caught fire and magnified. He watched in horror as they spread, petrified. The Devil was here. His eyes were filled with their reflection, the purple flames, and in them the sight of his sister engulfed. It was all his fault.

And the flames rose ever higher.

Tags:
mewmilk mewmilk
Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider
Sybil Sybil
The Regal Rper The Regal Rper
Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul (and everyone else in the area)

Last edited:

• Lance.Mcclain.full.2240593.png
    Casting Families: Elemental, Familiar, Enchantment
    Tristan: Healthy, Inactive
    Tsukino: Healthy, Active

Tags:
    Midori ( Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul ), Gav ( The Regal Rper The Regal Rper ), Adra ( Sybil Sybil ), Sera ( Elenion Aura Elenion Aura )
    Everyone else in the area:
    mewmilk mewmilk Phayne Phayne Arcanist Arcanist Asagi Asagi
    ~ Gaea Glade ~
    Nightmare in Locker || Tau's CS File

Well what a spectacular day it was turning out to be. She should have expected Gav’s general inability to react properly. She barely tolerated people touching her let alone people touching her ass. Tsuki was quick with it as usual as the fae half shifted its paw to a mutantous claw. With a single swipe at Gav, Tsuki gave her warning. Rather than transforming back, Tsuki let her clawed paw hang down Tau’s back. Meanwhile Tau turned her entire body as she put her entire years worth of experience of being the center of attention to use as she gave the coldest glare she could manage, adding in with the little bolts hopping off her own body and the escaping scent of ozone she gave a perfect picture of ‘Don’t touch me’.

She saw shit going down as Adrastia called Midori out on his bullshit. She started giggling as the girl gave him the third degree, all her points were extremely valid. Still she didn’t care much if someone wanted to bark it up like a dog so long as their views were correct and they didn’t get in her way. But then she was quiet, as if the eye contact from Midori halted her. He wasn’t intimidating or such so she wondered if yelling was something that she didn’t deal well with.

Yet when she saw Midori raise a blade to Gav’s neck she knew they shouldn’t, hell couldn’t follow him. He was not only hypocritical and volatile, which was already a bad mix, he had no need for any of them. Tsukino hopped off her shoulders as she started to transform into the giant assault form dwarfing Tau. She fell behind Tsukino as Adra’s chains whipped out. That settles it, she would spend no excess time around this creature.

Gun shots, Fire, Madness, Chaos. Midori had spurned them to action alright and it seemed that there was no easy way down from crazy town. They wouldn’t last one day let alone three with this type of systematic tension. This was the best help she could find? She was better off going to the deepest part of the rivers and staying alone for the three days. So she would split from them, but especially Midori.

“Disgusting. Hypocritical. Idiotic. Is this what you guys want to waste time with?”

She threw out her power gathering up the storm again, this time however she forced it under control. She wasn’t under attack, she was putting forth a demonstration. No lightning would strike others beyond where she sent it. Rain pours heavily. The flames may have been soul-based, probably were with the random start, but fire was still fire she could hold it off.

"He monologues and you listen. He threatens others while also complaining about friendly fire. He complains about flirting while he’s looking around himself. Smart ones would realize he’s not someone to team with, he’s no better than those damn lizards chameleons that will hide their true face when it benefits them."

In her hand she gathered up magical energy as she had a ball of lighting to toss. Aimed and ready, tossing it from behind Tsuki was but a minor issue. She didn’t look at him instead looking at where the blade met flesh. Anger spiked through her, the memory of bullies far older than herself joining in the fight clubs and trying to take out anger on newbies.

“He’s a threat to be avoided or eliminated, quite frankly I value my own safety enough to know when to steer clear of a rabid dog. He's driven one half-mad, even if I can't tell how that's certainly no normal reaction, and caused a shitstorm in its wake. So you choose who'd you rather walk with but I won't spend three days watching out for the knife at my back thanks to him.”

Agnes Fairhair
Mentions: Midori ( Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul ), Gav ( The Regal Rper The Regal Rper ), Vanya ( mewmilk mewmilk ), Adra ( Sybil Sybil ), Flames ( Elenion Aura Elenion Aura ), Ball of Lightning ( BriiAngelic BriiAngelic ), Others in the Area ( Phayne Phayne , Asagi Asagi )
What transpired in the next few minutes amongst them all was nothing short of insanity. Of course, Midori felt the need to 'educate' them all on the holes that were glaringly obvious in Gav's plan. As much as she disliked the venomous spittle that came along with his briefing, he raised valid points. Cornering themselves would do them no good, no less to enemies they couldn't see. Agnes was lucky that slithering creature didn't drag her out of her hidey hole and to a hole in the ground with an epitath ready for her, now that she gave more thought to it. A stupid mistake, on her part. One of many stupid mistakes she had made in her short lifetime.

Of course, Gav, had his own words to throw around. Not only to Midori, to others too, given prior conversations and who knows what else. For once, Agnes had stood silent, letting the noise rattle and bounce around the group. She chewed her tongue and let them battle with words, listening, pondering. She had been happy to let it continue, and then the callouts from Midori had surfaced. Telling people to get their act together. That running off, fighting one on one, all of that was to be axed in light of the next few days that saw them all together. If they couldn't handle it, to get off the island completely. Agnes felt her fingers slipping towards her Blip in a moment of weakness. In that moment, she cursed herself to listening to parents, her uncles and aunts, anyone close to her in blood having the opinion that she work her way back into Elite, make amends for herself. She was already enough of an embarassment, and now with being on this programme, being dropped in amongst the worst troublemakers and no good hallions, was sullying that good name of hers.

But Agnes remembered herself, pulling her hand back. Undo all the hard work she had put in all of these years? As if. She'd claw her way back into good graces if she had to. But in her few moments of faltering and bringing herself back, things were moving onward again. A realisation that once again, time nor anything else stopped for her, whatever it was that Midori had pulled on Adra rendered her still, enabled her to see something that no one else could have seen. Before she could have demanded answers for just what in the hell was happening, she could sense it. This shift, a rumbling, sweeping change coming from Adra, and before she could even determine what it was, that was when it hit her.

The link, the rising pulses from those around her, an undeniable pressure inside her as she felt the power of her own tremours work in her limbs. Agnes grabbed her arm as if that would quell the vibrations inside her. She had trained for this, for situations like these; she had to with the history of Perception in her family. Family...the word sat uncomfortably with her, twisted and bent in her mind. A bang brought her back to reality. The disturbance and cutting through the air, much like the gunshot she heard earlier. That was when she realised, and she tried to shift to the side.

But the bullet torpedoed through the air and caught her upper right arm in its path. Instinctively, Agnes's hand flew to the graze, a sudden burning gripping her arm. She didn't need to look, already feeling blood clinging to her shirt, pressing to and spilling outside of her palm. All she heard was ringing. Ringing, and ringing, and shouting, words dulled by the gunfire that came before it. Her eyes frantically darting, eventually noticing the gun barrels on Vanya's fingers. Something ugly clawed its way up inside of her and clamped at her soul, refusing to let go, her mind spiralling into unbridled rage. "Y-you...yo-you...!" More friendly fire, with no disregard for others. The nerve of this bitch sent the vibrations pumping through her.

That one mistake. Those wounds they sustained. Another partnership down the drain, disgrace hanging over her head, dragging her name through the dirt.

With purple flames already licking at the ground and on their way to rising infernos, and a ball of lightning being whizzing past, what difference did it make not to indulge in chaos? Common sense and lucid thinking had left the building, and deforestation had suddenly become an interesting prospect in her riddled mind, an outlet for weeks of building frustrations. With a burning graze on her arm, and a relentless pulsing that needed to be released, she struck a tree with a swift chop, a boom sounding upon impact...and then came the slow fall.

That one came to land on another tree. That one, on another. One by one, some fell like dominoes, lined up and timbering with a undeniable crackling, and others fell haphazardly in other directions.

Mv3Qgdc.png

MidoriHoshi

"The Shade"

Species Death Golem
Partner None (Autonomous)
Rank One-Star Elite

Location Gaea Glade
Mission Shut this bitch up
Status Oh fuck me

Mentions: Sybil Sybil

Lesson Learned: not every trigger should be pulled.

Midori shifted from rage-prone confidence to instant regret. Almost immediately after releasing Adra from his wavelength, he felt hers snapback like a viper with fucking vengeance. It was an immediate rebound, flooding him with in part the effects of his own wavelength and then the manic desperation of hers. He was used to that dread. He relived that moment daily. Nightly. It was in his dreams, it was his nightmares, it was both his prison and his escape. Fact was, the dead didn't have to worry about a thing. That torture was reserved for the living. What he wasn't used to was the immense sense of arousal that followed. Every ounce of his rage boiled up into something greater. It amplified how he felt a dozen times over and made him want to do something. Anything.

Adra may have transformed herself, but by the time she even moved forward, Midori had calculated a dozen ways to kill her. That's what he wanted to do. To see the pretty little flesh of her neck sliced open and for the life to vacate her eyes all at once. No more mouth. Never again would he hear that annoying voice or that ungodly perturbing backtalk. Never, ever again. God he wanted that silence. He wanted that silence more than he wanted that feral witch ass.

This was when Midori realized how far he was. That desire to kill. To end life. Even before when he challenge Gav, he didn't want to kill him. To bust his mouth up, maybe, but not to actually hurt him. Unlike the idiots around him giving into their impulses and primal natures, Midori became unbelievably self-aware that this was dangerous and this wasn't him. He thought back to the first decision he made on the island: if it meant getting sent home, he'd kill to protect one of them. That thought resonated in him. He decided to protect these lives, not take them. The desire to kill , no matter how true to his impulses, was not who he was and that was just enough to keep Midori grounded.

Adra attacked. She hit him. For the first time in a long time, Midori didn't dodge.

Instead, his skin and even clothes lost their color to shift into a pearlescent hue. In the moment, he turned into his Death Golem form, and in doing so cut himself off from the manic wavelength Adra was penetrating everyone's minds with. Her effect still lingered. Midori wanted to do something. Anything. Anger still boiled up in him and he felt it. It seethed through him like the proverbial blood through his veins, almost fueling him. All the willpower in the world likely wasn't going to silence that for a while, so he just had to work with it.

Midori grabbed onto the remaining chain whip that extended from his face to Adra. It was embedded into his head, disfiguring it slightly, but given his entire shift in body coloration, that likely wasn't as noticeable. Midori gave a quick, overpowered yank with the new mass of his Golem form and tried to violently pull Adra in his direction with all the force of a pissed off locomotive with just one stop in mind. Her face.

"All of these fucks so weak they let you get in their head..." he murmured, more pissed in the realization that literally no one here was safe. A little madness andhalf of them go off actually attacking each other. High and mighty bitch over there with the lightning bolts being all judgmental. Those bolts were no different than his arm and her dialogue over 'eliminating threats' was a less-than-thinly-veiled threat. Talk about an actual fucking hypocrite. These fucktards needed to take the Madness Resistance class, start right the fuck back over at a 101 course for all this dumb shit.

Thoughts for later. Now he had to focus on Adra. Even with the violent jerk towards him, she could still transform. He was waiting. If she became a weapon, he would literally engulf her in his body and handle the feedback accordingly. If she turned back human, then he'd make a mad dash at her full speed--not even Gav stood a chance at that. Good luck, bitch.

Last edited:

A̷̧̺͚͔̠̓́͝d̵͚̗͗̄̂͜r̴̘̿́̃͘̚a̷͖̱̫̿͆͌͜ͅs̷̼̥̙̣̠͚̑t̷̖̰̠̬̘̩̉̎̂̀ĕ̶̘̗̆͘i̴͙̺̘͎͈͋͛̆͂͠ă̸̛̳͜ ̷̠̓̉͛̈́C̷̛̩̠ḧ̴̘̉̂̀͘͜a̴͎̭͔̻͖̒n̸̙̲̙̕ḍ̸̳̯͙̍̆̿̏̂r̵̡͎̦̼̬͙̉͊i̸̢̛̛̦̯̣̊́c̵̡̦̼̀͆̐̅̀͠ë̶̛̯́̂

Everything happening around her was a blur, her hyper state unable to jump to long to anything for long as she focused on all of it. She could feel everyone responding to her, which only amplified her own energy as she grits her sharp teeth. It was pounding behind her ears and eyes, pounding like two boxers knocking each other brutally in a ring. The tune swelled, the short increase lasting a few seconds until the altercation with her current target was responding. Even the few bullets grazing by her body and causing several grazing wounds did nothing to shift her focus.

The weapon just chuckled, finding enjoyment at the visible disdain while talking coming from the boy who not only took the hit and slashed his eyes but now transformed and was actually fighting her. This is more than what she wanted, it’s what she needed. Something strong. Something fast. Something that was not easily broken.

The yank indeed launched her in, but she just relaxed as it took her. She couldn’t do much from afar, especially against armor. She didn’t know they were poison resistant, but that wasn’t the issue. She wanted to see blood. To see the pain. To hear the preacher boy sing for her the magic song she craved.

As she neared the golem she used his grip to change direction, dodging the fist with a blur as she landed both feet on a forearm. Midori’s attempts to grab or attack would be fruitless as well, her dexterity and unnatural speed now blended in an unorthodox pattern of erratic and contortionist nightmare of stance as she kept close. Even keeping the blade whip portion of her arm held seemed to the only function as a part of her fluid movement, using it to her advantage to move around him by whipping herself. Attempt to slam her met with slamming a weapon for a split second before she transformed and moved.

As she dodged however she would deliver her own punishment, the weapon clearly not interested in just dodging as stabs from her other fist-turned-handle with a short spike at the end, jabbing at him amidst her dodges with a force not normal of her build despite being athletic. Her strength, endurance, and speed seemed to have gone past her limits, her mentality plummeting like a tribute cost.

Failire~ Failure~ Failure~ FAILURE~.” She just chanted it, giggling away as if she wasn’t in danger of being torn apart by a large golem of vague unknown origin.

code by RI.a

Mv3Qgdc.png

MidoriHoshi

"The Shade"

Species Death Golem
Rank One-Star Elite

Location Gaea Glade
Mission Shut this bitch up
Status Oh fuck me

Mentions: Sybil Sybil

WHY IS THIS BITCH IN THE DWMA?

The chaotic wrecking ball of discord and lunacy came flying at Midori when he yanked her and she made no apparent attempt to dodge. It occurred to him that she nor anyone around him likely knew what he actually was, let alone what he could do in this abhorrent form. If she did, she would be terribly disappointed to learn that it doesn't bleed. What anyone understood right this second didn't matter. What did was how frantic everyone was getting. In the time that transitioned between his yank and her reaching him, Midori saw weird ass flames and heard bullets fire. This had to end.

She was fast. Her amped-up wavelength and mental state likely put her at speeds comparable to the mid-range of himself or Gav, but her sheer unpredictable nature made it pointless to try and actually react or catch her. Instead, he let her fuck-ups be his outplay. When she made a jab, he just caught her weapon form and refused to let go. This pearlesque form wasn't armor. It was him. His flesh through and through, a literal living golem. It didn't matter how fast or dexterous she was; she plunged herself right into his body and that made her no less than a fly in web.

His body started literally 'reeling' her in, sucking up whatever she had that came in contact with him and pulling her in rapidly. Meanwhile, he extended his arms outward and in a nightmarish motion, had his body explode outwards into a wall of thin, multi-color clay in an attempt to effectively 'consume' Adra within him. She needed stopped and as much as he hated this form, it was fastest way to do so without causing her significant harm or outright killing her.

And, he hated this form. Being in it felt disgusting. It reminded him of being a slave to that Mad Sorcerer. It reminded him of how he watched his own hands and blades and bolts harm and kill his allies. It reminded him of how he nearly started another war. He spent years returning to his identity as Midori Hoshi and this form robbed him of that. Midori hated his very body in no less a visceral way than a bulimic girl in a high school bathroom, but there wasn't a purge, diet or exercise that fixed being made of fucking magic marble.

Visual of the consumption:

tenor.gif

Vanya vs Gav | Forest of Chaos

EQqS5evUUAAZgKm

dbc0368f-c4cd-48c1-954c-20f94ed5854f-jpeg.746083

Vanya’s plan had worked, Gav wouldn’t be getting away from her so easily, yet she wasn’t satisfied. The wiccan had not only insulted her, he also appeared to be distracted, gazing at something behind her. Still so full of confidence, even after he’d lost to her once before. His eyes should be reserved for her alone in this fight, and she’d be sure to remind him of it. Transforming her hands, she created another barrier around one of them, with a long protruding spike. In that moment Gav's eyes had begun shifting back to her. The barrier would last for only a second, but that was enough for her. His back against the barriers meant he had little escape. She threw a punch as they drew near, intending to make full use of the momentum. The aim came directly for his abdomen, avoiding vitals but going straight for an effective hit. Inches away from contact; eight, seven, five, four, three- two-- Gav slipped, to the right, out of her range in a instant- the tip of her spike brushing the cloth of his waist as he moved with a level of speed that made it look like she had been punching just a bit slower. But he didn't retaliate, rather he created distance, eyes narrowed, back now facing Midori and the others. Attention fully on her.

"I don't have time for this Vanya. Leave me alone. There's more important things than you right now." He said, stepping backwards, pausing, and then eyes widening- suddenly jumping as a massive paw swiped at where he'd been, now airborne, Gav grit his teeth, waiting; cursing Tsuki in his head for giving Vanya the perfect line up to attack.

Gav’s words had gone through one ear, and straight out the other. All Vanya heard was a mongrel yapping nonsense. In other words, it didn’t matter to her. What did matter to her, was that she now had a clear shot at him. “Don’t soar so high, pup. A dirty mongrel like you should be down here, kissing my feet." She said with a snarl. She turned her fingers into gun barrels once more, firing a cone of bullets at the suspended wiccan, like birdshot for a duck.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

Ten shots went sailing like bullets, the shockwaves reaching ears only after the bullets themselves had landed. Gav hardened his skin and underlying muscles beneath the dermis and epidermis. Every shot that hit stung like bare skin taking a direct hit from a paintball gun; but if the paint balls were made out of lava or fire and with his thin clothing, he might as well have been butt naked when each one landed. All landing exactly one after the other, like she'd planned how they would hit and ensure him the most pain and inconvenience at same time.

And this all happened while he was still in mid air. At a height of nearly fourteen feet.

Off balance, the instant Gav could sense no more projectiles he dropped his shield- falling. Dropping rapidly to the earth his balance off with his back facing ground, Gav reflexively twisted his body, reorienting himself and readying himself as Vanya came rushing.

With a running start, she leaped off the ground, both feet poised to strike Gav in his lower half. The place where it’d hurt him most. If he had dodged her the first time through luck, then she would see to it that his fortune runs dry. She wrapped both her legs in shimmering barriers, molding them into a pair of spiky cleats--

--they sank in effortlessly finding no resistance, nothing that showed he was protecting himself. 'Just as incompetent as before', might have been her passing thought but when time slowed and she looked up, staring at his face to relish his pain- the grimace Gav wore and the single eye that wasn't clenched shut staring at her told her something else entirely.

Before she knew what was happening he had one of her legs locked as gravity took hold and momentum carried them the rest. Like a spring, the kick should have launched Gav away from her and sent her the opposite direction instead, his grip tightened like a bear trap around one ankle and instead of it volleying them apart, what ended up happening was he pulled her back when she made that kick then the second his feet hit the ground, he let go. The resulting move not only put unnecessary stress on her ankle but also threw her balance off completely.

Gav rolled backwards, Vanya now painfully following with him, her posture too far off and the ground far too close now to do much correction. Where he crumpled on his knees and fell backwards to bleed off the force from his fall and added momentum Vanya had weighed in, she came crashing off balance and the second the two of them landed- Gav was the quicker of the two to recover. Skidding to a halt and then running at her once his skid came to a stop on threes. He bolted at her, lunged, and was on top of her before she had even fully recovered. The sudden flash of rain was ignored and Gav's mind filtered out Tau's shouting despite hearing it. He merely focused on Vanya, seeing her but not seeing her. She was an obstacle, a blockade in his aims to fix things, one he would remove like he had painstakingly worked to do to the others.

Lying still in the dirt, Vanya was slow to recover, and even slower to react. Supporting herself on one arm, she stared up at him with a dumb look plastered on her face, as though she couldn’t believe what had happened. “...Huh?" Once she realized her position, she came back to her senses and her free arm shot up on reflex. Finger gun pointed, she aimed for his face, and fired. A quick distraction. If she could just distract him momentarily, she would regain the upper hand. The little pup may have grown fangs, but she was a wolf. She would not lose.

The whistle hit his ears before the shot was even fired. Like a jolt of electricity powering machinery, perceptions were enhanced and Gav's mind took in everything while his body moved slower. Everything moved slower. Midori, Tau, Sera, the flames, the rain peppering his body and the ground, the wind-- Angle, trajectory, speed- each pitch was different and told him how long, how many seconds till impact- where it was hitting. The shots fired and now he could hear it clearly.

Left brow. It wouldn't slow him down.

The pain would be a bitch but the advantage outweighed it even more. Hardening the muscles in his skull and hardening the veins around the area Gav decided to rely on natural speed, not only diminishing the waste of energy but granting himself a more painful hit to her pride.

Time resumed. Five bullets landed. In truth, it was a stupid move. A gamble, a part of Gav realized that- knew it and how the more sensible approach would have been feasible if he had simply dodged- but he didn't care anymore. All he cared about was getting to Vanya and showing her who was boss.

That's where he started slipping again.

Each strike pierced skin, drawing blood in a crude line instantly. The pain made one eye twitch, but Gav never slowed down, never flinched, in fact he seemed faster- his eyes narrowed, his lips pressed tightly in a thin line of determination. He was closing in- moving faster and faster within every second.

One fist clenched, and skidding, he slid forward in a crouch to land the fatal blow square on Vanya's chin- dazzling her with a jarring uppercut, a satisfying smack that sent a jolt of joy through his body as he skidded past her and using the remaining momentum, turned to keep his eyes on her. Shoulders moving slowly with his every breath.

Dazed and knocked senseless, Vanya and the surrounding trees could only groan after the blows they were dealt. Her head was pounding again, though not from Adra’s wavelength this time, so she greatly appreciated the shade she was provided. She blinked, squinting her eyes, trying to get the haze out as nothing but noise echoed all around them, while he turned his attention away. Gav didn't care about Vanya anymore now that she was out and no longer his problem. He was done with her, just like he wanted. His mind zeroed in on the real issue- Adrasteia. That's when he saw Midori turn to paste when Bells struck him. That made him freeze in bewilderment as for a second, given the distance- it looked like the girl had actually killed him. Bashed his head in, sliced it open, or something. But when he saw it moving, flexing, and fighting against Adrasteia- Gav realized it was something else.

It may have just been a hint at what his master had meant when he said that Midori had gone through a major 'personal change'.

But there was no time to reflect on that. The groaning of trees and shifting of leaves turned Gav's attention to his left. A tree toppled, crashing into another, Gav squinted, looking around. Creatures? The Hiljainen? Was he under attack? Another problem to test him? To prove himself?

Then he heard it. A whistling tune sang, the tear of roots from earth cried, the breaking of wood, the snapping of branches-- he looked and saw as one tree smacked into another. One that if he was right, would land on Vanya.

Tough luck, by this point he had already moved away. His eyes on the others and their reactions and no longer really concerned about what happened to the overly conceited. Werewolves had a thing about pride and he knew well enough that helping her would just get him more shit. Already kicking her ass probably got him more than he bargained for in the future, something he was vaguely aware of and didn't want to think about. He didn't need that, or want it. All that mattered was that he got to Midori and Bells and put an end to this. It was his problem, his duty to fix this colossal fuck up, and he was the only one that would. Not to prove a point, not to show anyone up, but because in this single minded state- all Gav could factor in, was himself.

The tree was hit, branches snapped, weight and force pushed, eventually it would soon snap. Gav paused, turned to look over his shoulder. A distance of fifteen steps and counting. With how Vanya was laying there, all the tree had to do was lie flat against her vertically or horizontal and then the bitch could gnaw her way out of that. She deserved it for the shit she had put him through and the shit she was doing now. The audacity to get in his way when he was trying to make up for his part in all this, frankly anyone that got in his way next was getting floored. He didn't care if it was the acquaintance or hardly someone he knew.

But it was that very thought that made Gav stop himself from running right into Adrasteia and Midori's struggle and making matters worse for the weapon as his thoughts went from the rational: 'helping the others', to illogical: 'helping myself'.

Like magic, he heard his master:

Did you ever stop to think about him? How your actions led up to your own screw up? Gav, this was your fault. I warned you once to be careful with that attitude and you listened to me. But look what happened when you stopped? Who do you want me to side with? Because it's pretty clear to me that all you care about is how Kevin ended something that was inconvenient to you. And that's what really upsets you. Not how he felt, but how him leaving affects you; you're not even thinking about the why.

Gav bit his lip, clenching his fist. Watching Vanya's prone form as the tree slowly tipped, as if mocking him.

He hated her. Hated her so much for what she reminded him of and what she represented.

He could recall every single dirty thing she'd said to him three years ago. The state he'd been in-- hitting me when I was already taking my medicine and hating every minute of it. Like some stupid, feral dog. It was petty, probably even pathetic- but looking at her caused all of it to come flooding back like rapid tides.

It felt good seeing Vanya dazed, helpless- weak; it felt wonderful. He wanted to see her kneel, to do the thing she hated and bow. He wanted to see her struggle, to hear her cry out in agony just to watch him help her like the 'pathetic weakling' she had once called him.

How good would it feel to do the same thing to his cousins; Ansen, Marietta, Jubilee, Robin? To humiliate them like they had him? To humiliate everyone that had ever humiliated him?

It would feel so, so good. Orgasmic.

To good.

And that was what made him realize he was going too far. He wasn't this weak to give into those kinds of feelings again. He'd gotten past that. The sort of conceited shit he'd allowed to blind him in his 2nd year that resulted in the repeat wasn't going to happen again.

Gav, blinked. Finding some sort of clarity-- it wasn't about him. Wasn't always about him, this wasn't about him.

Before he realized he'd done it, he was in front of the tree, standing between it and Vanya. A single punch and the tree was flicked upwards, in an arc, away from him, away from Vanya, away from everyone. It fractured, splitting in half and then soon disappeared. The only sound, a distant rumble wherever it landed.

"Pick yourself up babe" He spat to the side, clearing his mouth. "I know that punch hurt," Gav said with no humor or jovial idiocy in his voice but casual indifference, "but get up. That was just a normal punch, so shake it off. I already put one lemon in your mouth don't make me put another by picking that fat ass of yours up."

Then he walked away before she could even respond.

Grimacing, more at himself for allowing himself to slip and give in to that mania when he'd been managing to keep it under control.

Notary: Sybil Sybil BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul Phayne Phayne Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Asagi Asagi Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider Arcanist Arcanist

Interactions: mewmilk mewmilk

Last edited:
REMI

2020-06-07 01_45_00-Fandom - Madness _ CS Guide _ RpNation.png

"So much for cooperation"

The girl scratched her head in annoyance, she drops her attention to the group for a couple of minutes and then she sees them at each other's necks.

I think it is better this way

She sighed and then turned around, as soon as the fight started she simply took off, but not before she witnessed one of the participants to unleash some kind of ghastly veil around them.

"Now what way should I go?" Hunting for food was still her top priority, but now with the other students making a scene, it would be much harder "Not that way" she said after she heard some faint noises in the distance, result of the confrontation between the students.

"It would be better if I..." She paused, and then reconsidered what she was going to say, and then continued on her path without saying anything else.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"No...No no no..."

Not long after, the girls screams echoed in the forest.

"GET AWAY FROM ME!"

The body suddenly became more apparent how much it lacked as one of her jabs quickly sunk inside just like her blade, both arms submerged inside the mess of solid yet liquid body. The consistency was like water splashing and lapping yet sturdy as stone. Her mind buzzed as it began to drag her further, the heels dug in to prevent being dragged inside... only to see the body fully distort and come to her instead like a blob.

Darkness. The dark of the inside was something else, like the cramped inside of a landslide which made up and down confusing concepts for a buzzing Adrasteia. It was not something she concerned herself with, only the continuation of her fight. She didn’t care what he was, what he did, Midori in a way was no different from her or anyone in her mind. They were all born to fight, and that was what mattered. What else mattered? Her madness enabled mind thought so at least.

Moments passed, the oxygen lacking inside as her soul clawed outside at other wavelengths, fading slowly as it desperately seemingly wished to spread the empath’s feeling of mania like it was its own entity. The claws of her lithe soul arms cling and pulled, but her range was shrinking as her soul tried to focus its energy on keeping her conscious. Her body was failing, but she decided to make more attempts. She was still alive, and that’s all she needed to try endlessly.

She shifted to her full human form, cramped now inside the body of the homunculus golem, her body funneling the energy she had left. With that energy she shot out, a portion of her chain bursting out the back of Midori as it fell to the ground, shifting once more to reveal her head connected to the body trapped inside by the chain of her body. It took a deep breath, her eyes wide and shrunk as she laughed to herself with her grin still wide, her body trying to replenish what oxygen it could. A impulse plan, and not one with a specific escape, simply her mind and body reacting to keep itself conscious. The head was defenseless of course, her other limbs soon likely to attempt the trick she tried with her head, but her plan to defeat her opponent? There was none, her mind didn’t function beyond the immediate in this state. She was reactionary, and thus was the downfall of her manic state. Always reacting, never thinking ahead.

B̸̟̤͇̓͗̉͘ù̶̠̲͈̐̋̿r̵̢͇̺̰͗̅͆͂n̵͙̎͒͐͒ ̴̞͑̿̈́̕ȋ̵͎͎̀t̵̨̏̓̏͘.̶̛̙͍̥.̶͙̣̹̣̏.̶͍̓̈̏ ̴̛͕̫̜́͂̌s̸͔͑̍̓̔t̸̘̒͆a̷͈̣̝͐͘͝b̵̩͕͋͝ ̵͙͉̤̝̀̋i̸̤̪̽ț̴̨̝̺̉.̵̞̤̘͗.̴̡͓́̆̎̕.̷̙̞̎̋ ̶̭͕͓͆͌͋d̵͎̬͈̗͐͛̅͘ë̴̗́s̴͚̱̏̈́͘t̵̜͗̽̿͘r̴͇̼͖̔̑ͅo̴̡͙͍̓͌ỷ̵̥͍̺͔̇̃̿ ̷̥̦͇̈́͋̽i̵͈̗͝ţ̴͎͊̽̍̄.̵̨͔͒̓̏͠.̴͈̏.̷͈̀͌ ̴̝̪̲̑̍̑ǐ̷̱̎t̸̢̃’̸̛͈͆̋̏s̵̪͓̪̞̅͂̍͂ ̸̄̏̆ͅá̴̺l̷̡̢͇̞̈́͊̍͛l̵͖͊͗͊ͅ ̴̧̤̝́͒͛t̷̟̏̇̾̕ẽ̶͓͎͍̏͊̕͜m̶̖̀̏̒p̶̧̋ô̶̱ṟ̵̢̯̗̚a̸̫̬͒̉̚̕r̴̝̤̓y̷̗̩̺̹̍͋̈̈́.̷̨̲̝̞̋͋̚.̶̲̯̜͍͌.̸̧͔̹̭̌̓ ̶̢͙͐̐̕a̷͇͍̅l̷̞͕̄͐̄͗ͅl̸͖̾͘ ̴̞̱́̈́b̸̛̭̬̍̂̽u̶̩̦̐̈́͝ţ̸͖̼͌ ̴̲̘̈́͌t̸͙̜̋̐̄͝h̶͉̀é̴̬ ̵̺͖̦͛̈́u̶̞̦͖͂̌n̶̘͉̘̒͋͘d̶̬̀̋͜ȩ̴͓̬͑͑̈́ŕ̶̯ś̶̛̫͊̚ṱ̴̡̲͗ā̵̢̀͜͝n̵̦̟͛̈d̸͔̞͎̈́̽̋͌͜i̴̢̬̥̺͂̊n̴͓̫̼̄͑̚͜g̶̢̣̘͙̑͋̓ ̸̡̄̿̎̚ȍ̴̡͚̩͝f̴̨͍͖̪̌͑͐̑ ̵̢̤̚t̴͇̓̾h̵̖̟͙̅͂́è̸͚̬ ̶̦̠͖̪̏̚w̷͍̎̾͂̀a̵̧͙̗̩̾̃̎ý̸̙̊̕ ̸̩́́̑͝į̵͑̏͠͠t̸̤̲̗͘͘ ̸̩̼̉̋̓̕ī̶̘̖͆̃́s̵͔̮̏̃ ̸̦͎̐̀̋ä̸͕̰̲́͊͘͠l̶̡̈̆l̴̯̔ ̷̰͗̓͗t̵̼̯̽̈͝ͅẽ̷̛̝̳̖̈́͂m̵̲͉͕̰̿͋̀p̵̟͍̖̠̓̚ŏ̴̮̻͚̂̃r̷͗̀̓ͅa̶̡̗̟̎̒͑͠r̵̙͓͔̗̐̚y̶̧̛̐̓͋.̴̧̘͊̍̕.̸̜͎͔̽́͠.̶̫̙͋͛̍͠ṟ̴̞͙̊̚ỉ̴̥͈̟͐͐͠v̷̰̐̇͘͝e̵̫͌̎̕ȑ̶̺̀̾s̷̢̛̻̟̗͘ ̸̡̺̺̍̈́r̶̩̭̂u̷͕̣̱̳͝n̴͇̥͛̆͐ ̵͎̚ť̷̢̜͑̊ǫ̵̛̛͎̜̈́ ̶̨̖̻̊͗̐͜r̶̢̈͛̎̈e̸̗̙͌͛̈́̐p̵̧̘̖̙̆̈́̕͝ȩ̵͍̘͖͐̒̓̂à̴̤t̶̜̜͎͐́ ̵͎͍͍̀͋̾t̸̢̻̲̖̔̎͐h̵̜͎͖̺͒̌͘̕e̵̹͎͙͊ ̵̨͓̙̈č̴̘̀̐y̷̲̟̔̍͊̔c̶̫͈͐͋ĺ̶͙͆e̸̤̣̝͛ ̴͕̭̤̹́̀ŏ̷̬̽̓̎f̵̥̤̹̓͑ ̸̛̰̖͖̂r̸̫̗͗̀a̸̖̻͙͒͊ì̵͍͑̿͘n̴̨̤͂̚f̵̪̙́̇ͅa̵̧̼̞͆͛̃̊l̸̯͈̇͜ļ̶̝̤͆̄ ̶̧̎̋́̕à̷̹̰̋͛̐͜n̴̳̪͎̝̈́d̴͓͛̀ͅ ̴̱̟̔ṱ̷͙͚̝̄͗̊͝ḩ̴̳̩͚̇̒̅e̵̺̋̆́ ̷̥̜̫͊̄̿͝ŕ̸̨͉̗̰͊̌͠ī̸͍v̷̱͂̋̋̕e̴̠̤̾̀̽r̸̨̮͔̾͌͐s̸̙̊͐̐ ̸̣̄̏o̴͇̞͔̼̔̌̀n̶̲̼̪̉c̷̯͑ḛ̶̀̂̈͘ ̸̢̥̘̀̍m̵̢͑̀̚͝ọ̵̥͊̒r̴̫̦̂͑͌͘é̷̛̙̬͗͊͜ ̵̛̰̱͎͛l̵̦̒į̵̺̲͓͌k̵͓̩̜̚é̶͙ ̷̭̏w̵̡̨̳͛͗̍e̸͈̪̓ ̸̪̔̿̾̂ŕ̶͖̻̘͋e̸̜̦̓̿̂͘͜ͅp̷̜̳͙͔̆̋́̽e̷̟͗a̴͚̮̍̓̅ţ̷̅͠ ̷̛̱̖̞̖͋̿͝ẗ̴̜̣́h̵̝̪͊e̸̤̾ ̷̩̟͕͊͘f̷̝̹̽̄̕̕i̸̧͇̘̪̍g̵̨̠̪̯̾̉h̸̛̲̆͒̈́t̶̫̉͗̀̌s̷̮͛̍ͅ.̸̛͍̰͙̳͊.̶͍̊̀.̶͖̥̦̏̌̄ ̷̗̙͐̆͐h̴͍̺́̅ů̴̝͓̣͘͝m̷̼̿̃̋̚ḁ̵̥͊͒̿͝n̸̰̯͊̓͆ͅî̷͓̱̰͋̅̈t̴̯̭̙͊̈́͝y̸̹̜̭͗̄͝ ̴̩̦̈́̌́̚i̷̧̨̮̣̒̈́́s̸͖̈̐ ̸̹͑̅t̶̺̩́̊̋h̷͉͊̃͝e̵̯̦͑̀ ̶̱̺̂̆͝p̸̼̠̮̓ȓ̷͕o̶̪̽̿̓b̶̤̄̃l̶̥͉̟͙͐̌͐͋e̸̪̝̩̦͋̚m̴̱̭̿͝,̵̖̳͋̀̀̓ ̴̠̲̅̊w̴̡͗̄͛͠e̵̝̜͖̾́͆ͅ ̵̞̱͗͘m̵̪̒̚ͅã̶̱̟̉̓͝ͅk̵̗̉͌͒͌e̵͍̖͋̎ ̷̮̿̂͂o̷͚͈̥̚u̷͎̎́ṙ̴̙̹̮̙̍̀̅ ̸̤͉̈́o̷͔̮̹͌ẅ̵͙̳̺̈̄̿͜n̶͈̭̲͗̀͌͗ ̷̢̬͠i̸̲̟̲̿̑̕s̴̼̮͖̖̊s̷̱̭̼̪͝ų̵̮̮̍͝e̵̲̻͎̩͊͆͂̇ş̴̯̘̲͊̓̽ ̸̘͂̓l̵͔̺͉͆i̷̦̩̯̩̒̊k̷̞̈́̀͝e̷̻̦̲̎̅ ̷̼͖͈͒̀̓ͅn̴͎̬̞̈͆̚a̵̡̹͐̉̓͊t̵̙̝͊́̔̓u̸͉̓͘ȓ̸̖̜̤̀̔͜ë̶̡͔̟̘̄͠ ̴̟̦̈́͛ͅb̷̘̺̓̕ṵ̷̗̰͝r̵͖̯͝n̴̞̼͙̾͒ì̵̧̕n̵̨͓͐g̴͔̐͐̍̆ ̵̢̠̜̲́f̶̼̞̂o̵̡̖̬̒r̴̰̓̑̏ë̸̢̺̠͙́̈́͝͝s̸̨̛̤͖̝̎̉̕ţ̸͈͇̝͑̒s̸͇͂ ̶̤͓̍͊̒̕t̸̮̣̜̆́͜͝o̶̰̟̫̼͛ ̸̥̍́̕ͅb̵̹͂͒ͅí̵̜̹̝͒͗ṙ̵̤̂t̷͎̐̈̂͝ḥ̷̾̏͛͛ ̸̳̙̉͗̎ͅn̶̤̝͊̇̓ê̶̫̩̤̈́̒̚w̶̥̏̀ ̷̠̼̈́̍͒̚l̸͈̱̈̑́i̶̼͊̀̚f̴̞̐è̴͔̦̝̒̊͊.̶͚̹͊.̷̮͔̲̦̔.̴̢̗̞̂̏͐ ̵̨͕̲̂ř̸̢̗̽̊a̷̤̔̀̉̈́z̷̨̈́̊̂̀è̸̢̫͜ ̵̠̌ṭ̵́h̵̲̼̠͐̇ë̴̘͕́ ̶̖̣̈́͌͆̅f̷̘͍̲́o̶͕̣͛͒r̷̨̺͉͕̈́̚̚e̴͉͕̖͇̔̎s̸̱̈́t̴̻̚͝s̴̪̣̈ ̸̧̱̙̀̀ḁ̷̉̏̄̈n̵͓̗͊͒͒͝d̷̳͇̟̅ ̸̫͈͝b̵̝͎̀ͅṟ̵̈i̸͍̮͈͈̐̎̑̇n̴͕͕͕̅̎̏́ḡ̶̯̳̖ ̷̮̟̥̂͌̈ĭ̸̠̤̃̌n̵͕͖͂ ̷̱̂͊̂t̷̜͓̽̈͗ḫ̸͈̠̣͗̐ẽ̸̟̙̳͚̇͗̄ ̷̬͊́̂n̷̨͠͝e̶̡̡͕̿͗w̶͕̃̾͜ͅ,̷̢̢̧̤́͌ ̷̙̺͇̣͗t̷̨͓̗͝͠h̶̠̼̓a̵̮͂̊̌́t̴̛̙̗͊̕ ̷̢̠̩̰́i̴̤̠͌̒s̵͈̳͋̓́ ̷̹͚͈͔́̅̐w̶̦͖͗̅h̸̳́̉̋â̸̢̈́͒t̶̮̺̘͕́́͂ ̴̧̗̺̲͊t̵͇͒̏͂̈́h̴̞̠͕̻͂̌͋̈e̶̟̟͘ ̶͙̦͚̓̆ċ̶̙̼̖̦ó̶̟̲ŕ̸̬̼̣̈̓r̴̼͊͗̿̂͜u̷̗͛͌̈́̋p̸̧̯̤͌͘t̶͖̮̮̬͆̂̔e̵̥̤̠̙͑ḋ̶̜̭ ̷̧̢̱̜͝a̶͙͑̋̾r̵̛̦̰̤̻e̴̟̠̲̽̉ ̵̠͈̄̉̉͝f̴̧̤͚͈̄̂̍̎o̴̭͈̫̜̊͐̍r̸̨͑̽!̶͍̬͚̀͛͐ ̷͉̙̫̭̀O̷͚̓̈̌͐n̵̝̠̞͔͊̈́l̴̛͕̼̍͝y̵̢̛̥̻͆̑͠ ̴̨͖̜͎̒ṯ̵͙̭͆́ẖ̸́̀e̵͍͍͔̼̎ ̸̨̙̬̫̅̑̕͝ë̴̼̦̱́̋n̴̗͂l̸̟̺̠͚͊́̚i̷̡̺̒͐̓g̶̜̀̑͝h̸̭͐͂ṱ̸̰͚̉ȩ̵̞̥̼̃͌n̷͆͒͛ͅé̵͔̈́̏͒d̷̙̚ ̵̝́͒̔s̵̽̽̉̈́͜e̸̻̓̽ȩ̴͕͔̰͐ ̷̳̮̦͙̿ḯ̶͍̺̤̭̓ţ̷͇̖̚!̷͎͠

Her effective range of her empath reduced to now 25 feet, her soul unable to maintain the full usual distance in her situation, the mania shrinking in influence but no less potent for those affected.

Interactions: Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul

Possibly Affected if within 25ft: Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider Arcanist Arcanist mewmilk mewmilk BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Elenion Aura Elenion Aura The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Phayne Phayne

code by RI.a

Dantas | ???

D1tCapKVAAE9cyS

A sigh of smoke and Dantas watched it drift on by through the wind.

"Que bagunça. This shit's just sad." Shaking his head while taking another drag.

"Not like we haven't seen this before."

"Yes, yes." Dantas frowned, eyes on the air- watching the different colored dots on one flat green luminescent surface and the images showing each 'elite' on the other. "But what a record, yeah? I never understand why Lord Death never boots out these- these--"

"Miscreants?" The feminine voice supplied, another laughed.

"Yes. Miscreants. I am sure you are not too pleased either Kagomi?"

"Whatever for?"

"Isn't that your distant cousin down there? Starting shit up the way he did with how he used his Pressure?" A different voice asked.

"Midori is...a special case. He will be dealt with in time, and I'm sure you see he's making up for his latest mistakes...even if it is a colossally stupid one to have made in the first place. At the very least, it pleases me to see he's trying."

"And you, Fred?" Dantas asked.

"What about me?"

"You don't have anything to say about the girl that put your cousin thrice removed, in the hospital?"

The man Dantas was referring to in his own projected window of hovering magic sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "She's warped, what else do you expect me to say after seeing this? I mean look, I get it- she's a Infected. Infected behave different; they lose who they are and other personality traits tend to sprout that align with their darker personality traits. That much we all know at this point. We've all read her file so there's no playing sides here. Frankly speaking, based on her file and the amount of time and gradual shifts in her behavior- my little cousin should have stepped up sooner instead of keeping quiet about it. It was his fault for failing to address Adrasteia's personality changes with higher ranked officers in DWMA but after seeing what she just did? No control, no regret, no nothing but hysteria and hopped up on adrenaline? Look, guys, I may be a part of the Healing Branch but I'm going to be honest here: I'm not surprised she got put under lockdown for so long after the shit she pulled with Samsen. Look at the shit she just started?! It took her two seconds to completely warp everyone in her own division, and we're lucky some of them didn't answer that call immediately given what we know about their abilities and what we've seen in the past couple hour or so with what most of them can do. That Midori kid would have killed her. I've never seen shit like this before, and I've met over two hundred different cases of Infected in total!

"I mean let's all be honest here, we all felt that burst of energy from her right?"

Silence filled the plain Dantas sat at, Frederick's question going unanswered. It didn't need answering. Whether you were a mage or a Soul Perceptionist or not, everyone had felt that. You didn't need to be supernatural aligned to feel that toxic aura in the air. The sheer intensity, not the weight or pressure but the raw rush of that atmospheric energy had been like lighting a lighter or candle in a room filled with gas and watching everything instantaneously ignite.

Dantas flicked his cigarette, and as it left his fingers it ignited with a glowing touch from the index, taking an orange glow as it sailed away a inch or so before breaking down into fading particles that were carried away by the wind.

"You're not usually this silent Miss Ana." Kagomi Hoshi quipped.

The response to that was a simple thoughtful hum. Like all the other floating projections that shot upwards around Dantas from the tennis ball sized orbs, the woman that watched the projecting screens of magic, sat on a chair- watching the screens Dantas had created intently. But even with Kagomi's prod, she barely said much or a word.

"Isn't that your brother down there?" Frederick asked after a pause.

This got a giggle. A sweet, delightful sound that may as well have been just as wondrous to hear as the voice was that made it. "And what of him?" Ana replied with a joyful laugh. Hair falling to the side of her face, her moving a hand to brush the long straight curtain out of her left eye's sight.

"Your 've been quiet through most of this, but your thoughts are just as important. What do you think of your brother Gavril Klovic's progress?" Kagomi replied.

Ana giggled. A cute sound that reinforced silence as she held up a manicured hand to lightly cover her mouth. When her eyes moved towards Kagomi there was a shift- a slight change in the pupils- as if more reptilian. "He's doing alright, so far at least. I would have docked points for him failing to break out of the little miss psycho' s trance of mania sooner- but well- none of us were expecting something like this. So I can't really deduct much. That and you can't get your hopes too high when dealing with Madness. Not unless you've got a special affinity." her eyes glossing over Hoshi and Tassilis.

"As for the others, I can't and won't say much about them. You've all said it yourselves enough as is. It's pretty clear which ones were able to maintain some sense; the pompous fairy, the Hoshi, that boy from the dead clan, and my brother. I'll reserve judgement for the test results- as I'm sure Odysseus would prefer to take up the reins there," Ana finished, eyes glancing in the Kappa's direction. "In any case, I find the nature of each person's reaction to this to be a lot more interesting."

"Interesting?" Another voice from the crowd asked.

With Frederick saying "Please explain, Miss Ana."

"Each and every person here has their own hiccups, we all know this as its the purpose of each individual being here. In this program at least" Ana began. Raising a hand she pointed at Ciel, "Look at him" she smiled, glancing at the others. "He's not reacting to anything in his environment. He's blocking all of them out- everything that is going on around him, he is ignoring. Apathy, is the greatest form of sloth. And if we all take another look at Ashforth's file, I'm sure there's things even we missed that we can now see after this little treat.

"Treat?" One voice asked uncertainly. But Ana ignored this, and continued.

"Then look at him," she pointed to Midori- "and her." Finger aimed at Tau. "You'd think any normal Fae would have directed their ire at my brother for shaming them in a public setting, after all in this day and age if you look at any magazine you'll see the popularity of Fae has risen far higher than it was in the early 2020s. While I may not know every detail of my brother's personal life- I am aware that those two have something of a friendly rivalry-- but rivalries can get sour quickly. Rivalries don't stay friendly forever, especially if they are rivalries made with my brother. No relationship is a frozen stasis; either the relationship develops into something closer- more platonic or more, or something more distant. And after what Bakrev did, you'd think her ire would be pointed at him."

"But it wasn't," said the voice of someone slightly younger. "She threatened Midori instead..."

"And we haven't asked ourselves why," Ana stated with a charming smile.

"Each and every person in that division is having a different sort of reaction to the Mania of Adrasteia's emotional rush." Kagomi said thoughtfully. "Midori clearly has desire to murder, Sera is the only one who didn't immediately react negatively- and I attribute that to his Anti-Demon Wavelength."

"But he did react" Dantas stated.

"The flames," another answered.

"Tau lashed out at Midori but is not attacking him yet. From what she said, its clear she's projecting or associating some of her past experiences in the Guild." another mage from the crowd of projections responded.

"Are you a classmate of hers?" Dantas asked.

"Once, I knew her. Never bothered to interact much." Replied the teen.

"But what about Miss Fairhair? She's attacking trees. What possible way could that show us anything about her psyche? She's blindly destroying stuff, how does that tell us anything."

"Venting," Frederick answered smoothly. "Frustration. I can feel it from here. Frustration and a lot of other emotion, anger and shame being one of the top. The Fairhair's have a strict sub-culture about image and making themselves look good, especially whenever the Death family is involved. Agnes Fairhair is distantly related to the crown, no doubt her getting into this program earned her some backlash from her relatives."

"And let's not forget the details on her file about her last partnership." Someone else said.

"What about uh...ew, how is she eating all of that? Gross, ugh-- Do we really need to watch her eat all those frogs?"

"Yes," came the collective reply of the senior staff members.

"Ugh."

"Lilian and Remi are different from the others." Frederick added. "I'm surprised they didn't react right then and there to the Mania. It should have affected them the worst out of everyone but at least they had the sense to flee before it kicked in."

"Because of their demon blood?"

"No, well- yes and no. Its complicated."

"And its only going to get more complicated for them both the more they fight themselves" Ana stated with a rather bored tone to match the look.

"This whole development is quite surprising, I will admit that I almost agree with Sir Dantas here- that the moment we all felt the little psycho go off, it might have been best to end the experiment then and there. With, I might add, Adrasteia's immediate removal from the program and demotion from EAT" Kagomi stated. "Not to mention some sort of punishment for both Midori and Gavril, even if the latter played a minor role and the former was the catalyst- unlike us- no one in the group had any idea Adrasteia could set everyone off like a grenade next to explosive powder."

"But we didn't know she had no control over it either!" A different voice added.

"Yet," Ana chided, "we are still responsible. If things had played different we could have allowed their peers to decide for them the punishment the ones to blame deserved, instead of deciding for ourselves. But, the boon she's given us here is invaluable data we can use. She's letting us see sides that these 'elites'" she chuckled at the word, "wouldn't show us naturally. Or even at all if they had a say in it- which they don't, and in my opinion I suggest we keep it that way."

"So what?" A female asked, "We just let this play out until something increasingly dangerous happens-- oh shit, what is she doing?"

"Probably following her instincts at this point." Dantas sighed. "Looks like this division is going to have more trouble after all this foolishness. Oh well, part of the test I suppose. I believe it is time for me to step in." Dantas stated, rising. "Lilian will be left alone, and Remi shall be watched in the meantime. The others however...well, its a good thing we had this made ahead of time. Just in case something like this happened."

| | |​

"That is quite enough." Dantas voice echoed in the air, a low whisper- a hiss in every ear.

A simple warping in the very air and Dantas appeared out of nowhere. No sound, no flashy appearances- simply stare and he was there in a chromatic mixture of black and white that painted the entire world as reality bent over- ripped away all color out of existence. All happening in a second that returned color as soon as it faded with his physical manifestation. "Midori, I want you to keep your hold on her while I apply this." He raised the item in his hand. A silver collar with purple symbols etched along the front and back of its surface. "It will only take a moment," and the second her neck was exposed, it did.

Dantas applied the collar, a spherical device bobbing nearby him, its lines glowing a brighter green the closer he neared Adrasteia- and the moment the collar was clicked into place- her Forceful Empathy ability was shut down. In that same moment, so was the effect Adrasteia's power had on everyone else. The feeling not quite immediate, but the rush- the intensity all fading with it. Any negative emotion it had dragged out now dulling, but how long that really lasted would vary for each individual.

Now the problem was the aftermath.

"Well, I must zay this was quite a royal mess." Dantas stated as he drew the girl out with constructs made of stone and wood- latches that snapped on to her arms and legs to tug her out of Midori's liquidated form, snapping his fingers and forming a dome of magic around the whole area that spanned in a large radius once he had pulled her out. At the same time a ring appeared around the field that everyone was inside of, symbols etched along its surface in the ground. Anyone trying to leave would find that they couldn't. No flying away, no running off- the ones that hadn't fled were trapped inside here with Dantas. And they weren't leaving till he was done speaking.

Pulling Adrasteia away from Midori and placing her on her feet, albeit restrained and incapable of movement for the time, he addressed them. "Disappointing. To think one comment, and one bad reaction could lead to all of this." Dantas stated in a voice that echoed loudly for all to hear. "But I do not blame just you, Midori. The actions here today proved the point he was trying to make, as hypocritical as they might now seem. In fact some of you all play your own individual roles in what happened here, so do not think I am putting all the blame on Midori here alone. Your ato manipulador, and provocative actions Gav did not help things either. Adrasteia being the ignition to all this madness should be expelled on the grounds that not only was she a danger to herself and you all- but she clearly has no control over her own emotions to cause--" lip curling up in displeasure and a flippant wave of his hand, "this. I'm sure you've all gotten your fair taste of it now that you know what she can do. That ability allowed her to share her emotions over a radius. Clearly, she has no control over it- something we weren't aware of. Which is why the collar is there." He pointed at his own neck, and nodded in her direction. "It cannot be broken off by any means. And from now on it will suppress that specific ability of hers. She can't share anything unless she's resonating- there's other stipulations but I suspect Miss Adrasteia will try to find that out on her own."

"Sera," Dantas paused. Glancing at the fading spiritual flames, then looking at the boy, then back at the spiritual flames, then the boy-- "I want you to touch Adrasteia...once you've calmed down. Don't worry, she can't bite you. The golems are keeping her restrained so her movement will be exceptionally limited. They'll adapt if she transforms any part of herself into a weapon form also. Just hit her with your wavelength- it will clear her mind quickly and should bring her mostly back to her senses.

"Punishment wise," he pointed to the sky. "I have a interesting idea." He clapped, and instantly cuffs and chains appeared on everyone's wrists. The chains twisting and twirling in the air- linking to each other in the center before Dantas. He moved his hand like a conductor, and the chains broke off- moving to link with others.

"Midori, I'm going to team you up with Tau since you two seem to like each other so much." Dantas stated with a smile. "Vanya, you're going to be with Gav- and Agnes." The chains moved like water, forming connections. "Ciel, I am afraid you must deal with Sera and Adrasteia." All the chains linked to their respective targets and when the link was made, the magical chains glowed gold- then vanished as if they were never there.

"Here's how this is going to work. Those chains I've made are going to keep you linked to each other. Until I decide when, you will be forced to stay within a seeing distance of each other, otherwise your movements will become restricted. The distance you can get away from each other, out of sight will become limited much like real handcuffs. You can also drag others around but I wouldn't advise doing that foolishly. Your pain, will be shared with your chain buddy, and their pain, will be yours. So keep that in mind. Now then, feel free to do as you please. The dome I've created is set up to keep Lily and Remi from running around the forest- it will disappear by nightfall. Till then, boa sorte."

And flash of light, he was gone.

Mentions: N/A

Interactions: Sybil Sybil BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul Phayne Phayne Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Asagi Asagi Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider Arcanist Arcanist mewmilk mewmilk

Last edited:
5988c4fc439438be358e67ba0a4b6f16.png
86a4f3e9756b7fa8cc8f71feacadd01a.png

~Mentions~
Almost everyone
~Interactions~
Mainly Dantas despite him leaving

Ciel despite the chaos going on within his mind had remained rather still, his body hunched over as both hands clasped at his head; the pulsating headache that seemed to ring indefinitely within himself stunning him in place. He wasn't like several of the others here, he wasn't some untrained has-been who would let his powers run rampant due to madness running rampant within himself. Unlike those that saw the need to flaunt their power as they wrestled with chaos, Ciel still retained the common sense to remain in control of his abilities, to keep them locked deep within himself despite every fibre of his body begging him to lash out in defiance to this invader dancing within his very soul.

"Literally a bunch of power tripping idiots" grumbled Ciel through gritted teeth as he forced himself to look upwards, his eyes charmed by the violet flames that had begun to dance among the tree's, their flickering forms reflected in his crimson eyes as he tried to make sense of the situation. He had broken out in sweat, but had assumed that to be down to the pressure he felt rather than the heat of the fire; its source being the meister Sera, the boy standing in fear as remnants of flame flicked off of his wrist. Amidst the crisp flickering of the tree's burning the sound of electricity cackling had caused Ciel to turn his attention towards Tau, the fae holding a ball of condensed lightning in her hands as she goaded Midori for his antics; the true instigator of this whole debacle. Attention drawn to the scenes unfolding around him; it became apparent that he had not been the only one to have been affected by Adrasteia's madness, the other Meister Agnes venting her frustration as she felled a tree; her arm bleeding from what could only be assumed to be a gunshot wound.

Needless to say chaos was occurring all around Ciel and in his present situation he could do nothing to escape it. Attempts to conjure his wings into existence had failed, his concentration easily broken as he fended off the assault to his mind. His only course of action was to remain here, to resist the urge to lash out at everyone and to remain sane once the chaos finally ceased.

For once during this god forsaken day, it seemed like his prayers had been answered as he felt the pressure gradually ease off of him; the boy regaining control over his five senses and finding it easier to turn around and addressed the group, fully ready to have a go at each and everyone of them for burdening him with their trivial problems, their bullshit antics and their immature inability to retain control over their own powers despite their 'supposed' talents. It was a fucking joke that almost each and everyone of them had been unable to control themselves, to remain the dominant decider in whether or not their powers ran rampant. No wonder they were a part of this group, these untrained troublemakers only proving to their unseen observers that they were sub-par to the standards required of being an Elite. Ciel however was different, there was reason for his antics, logic to his problems. He was not like the others who seemed to thrive on making life harder and miserable for everybody else, he was not some uncontrollable pistol that would fire off his rounds once a little pressure was applied. Ciel was here due to the actions of others and due to his own lack of action in changing that opinion. He was not here for creating havoc.

Glancing to the rest and ready to unleash a flurry of vulgarities towards the others, the blue haired sloth was silenced as he noticed the figure of Dantas; the instructor standing near Adrasteia as he fastened a colour around her. Though Dantas's appearance was not just to quell the chaos that was running wild, but rather to create even more problems for Ciel, the boy feeling like he too was being punished despite not actually doing anything.

"What the actual fuck?!" he spat as he too was handcuffed; chains rising and intertwining with others as he soon realised just who he was attached to. The Arsonist jerk that had set fire to the forest and had used him as a decoy for the lizards and the madness infused chain weapon that after being unable to take a jab from Midori had decided to let her madness run rampant. Outside of Midori, these two had been the next two hindrances to his current day. Though before he could get an answer from Dantas, the flippant instructor had vanished once again.

"Why do I have to be the one to deal with these two problem children?!" shouted Ciel, head tilted towards the sky knowing full well that the instructors would see and hear him. "Oi, Instructor! I'm not here to babysit untrained failures who let their power run wild and believe it or not I'd rather not have to go out of my way and expend even more energy just because I am stuck with twiddle fucking dee and twiddle fucking dumb. Why don't you punish them fairly and remove them from the program, cause quite honestly I don't care what happens to any of them provided I am not collectively punished as well for their misgivings. So why don't you be reasonable Un-cuff me now and actually punish the ones that deserve it" he demanded, not even turning to face the two burdens he had just been forcefully attached to. "This whole bullshit of sharing pain with them?! I've been put through the fucking ringer because of them. What more punishment do I need to live through today?! This is beyond a joke."

Despite everything that had just occurred, Dantas had been the one to prod the Sin of sloth one too many times, evoking his anger by taking away any chance of the Lazy individual having a pleasant nights rest. Especially considering the two extra weights he was now carrying, both of which were unlikely to make his day any better.

Last edited:
Lillith 'Lilly' Pantera

Raising to her full height Lilly listened as she heard the distant noise of voices she did not entirely recognize. Letting out a snort she turned back towards the pile of carcasses and the living frog getting a sense that something was happening in the direction she had come. Unwilling to let her preparations go to waste she quickly began to gather up more biomass, uprooting large bushes and even a small tree she hurled them onto the pile adding ever more 'fuel' to the fire she was intending to make. Finally placated the thing that was once Lilly made its way back to the pile before sticking its long arm back into it. Rummaging around she felt the movement of the still living frog. Grabbing onto it she stuck her other arm into the pile before feeling the sudden surge of magic flow through her body.

Like a wave it traveled visibly up and down her form just under her skin before suddenly surging forward and down her arms. The wave of magic struck the frog causing it to shake violently. Ripping her arms back out she took a step back before putting her arms out spread eagle. From out of her hands poured a stream of purple energy that began to stretch around to envelop the circle of carnage she had created. A sudden sucking of air could be heard as the biological matter began to collapse in on itself, liquefying and flowing inwards towards the location of the seizing frog. As the matter collapsed inwards large amounts of steam began to rise as the metabolism of the frog went into hyper drive. The tree and bush biomass were the first to be absorbed before the carcasses of the other large frogs liquefied. As the creature began to mutate Lilly took a step forward, her several eyes all turning towards the writhing mass in front of her.

Immediately as she stepped closer she felt the heat radiating off the creatures body, its muscles growing and skin bursting all around. With each burst of its outer shell it seemed to grow larger, the skin that once covered it falling back into the circle to be recycled and turned into biomass to fuel the mutation. With the frog now much larger she placed her hands on its side to begin to shape it to the image she held in her mind. The frog's form shimmered before large protrusions erupted from its sides, chitinous growths and plates covered its once soft and wet skin where the long tendrils did not protrude. The surge of its metabolism caused vast amounts of heat to pour out of the creature, the only thing keeping it from bursting into flame was Lilly's transmutation and direct influence. Finally, the creature stopped seizing and Lilly withdrew her hands. Taking several steps back she looked up at the abomination to see a lifeless look in its eye, as if the shell was present but the frog mindset was gone.

Letting out an annoyed grunt she realized that the abomination's mind was just about shattered and needed a form of repair. Placing her claws back onto the side of the abomination she felt out the creatures dead brain before pumping magic into it. The minor necromancy made her shiver as a surge of cold shot up her spine, but almost immediately the abominations eyes blinked. Feeling the rest of the creatures bodily functions begin to come around she pulled away and stepped back a good distance. The creature twitched for a solid minute before it hopped a short distance into the middle of the river. The resulting wave slammed into Lilly causing her to fall backwards and onto her rear. Yet she barely noticed the impact as her mind was fixed on the majesty of what she had just created.

Her mind swam, its desires completed and yielding a result she had wanted for so long. Finally, she was able to express herself, her creation in her eyes awe inspiring and breathtaking in beauty. With her demonic urges receding Lilly felt the overwhelming feeling of exhaustion wash over her, the mania and surge of power she had experienced was gone and all the exertion fell on her like a sack of bricks. Her shifted form could no longer maintain itself and she felt her body begin to rework into her natural form. The pain managing to keep her awake long enough to see the abomination hop once more, closer to her causing the ground to rumble. With it right next to her the last thing she heard was it let out a thunderous croak "Rrrrrriiiiibbbbbiiiiitttt" before her head lulled back and she passed out entirely.​

Serafim — The Sniper
ffc6ee2f0d3a4235af5695817c21adc6.jpg
Gaea Glade
The flames. The flames were everywhere. They were everything. They were the only thing.

Mutely, Sera was aware of himself.

That he existed. Apart from the flames, he was wholely himself. But how could that be true?

At some point he must've fallen to his knees. He was himself. He knew he was. And yet, right now, he was a passenger of his own mind. The flames were in control. And they only ever wanted one thing: to burn.

Brother, how could you?

A voice from the fire. Her voice. Serafim wanted to cry out, to tell her that it was an accident, that he hadn't meant to do it. But the only sound that his throat could make was the crackle and pop of the underbrush as it caught fire like dry kindling. The flames were on him, too. He looked down at his hands in his lap, at the fire that flickered there between his fingers and up his arms. It did not burn him. It was warm, friendly, inviting. These flames were not meant for him. They were meant for everything else. Why? Why was he forced to bear this burden? Why could the flames not simply claim him instead?

The first drop of rain on his head may as well have been a bucket of ice water. He shot up to his feet, alert. That won't work, he wanted to cry out, but his voice was still far away. And yet, had it worked? He watched the rain fall and thought he saw the fires begin to diminish, thought he heard them begin to sizzle. Perhaps the waters could douse them? Or perhaps, if he believed hard enough that they could, then it would be so.

Then, he saw the assassin, locked in pitched combat with the weapon who'd caused this. He would help him stop this Madness once and for all. And he would have, too. Until he saw who the true monster was between the two of them. Sera's lip curled into a snarl, the flames spoke the word that would not pass his lips.

"Demon."

At the sight of his body - the Demon's body - breaking open like animated sludge, the flames stoked themselves higher. And higher. Serafim took a step toward the blob. His footsteps left little fires in his wake. He did not know what he would do when he reached them. Or perhaps he did, but the thought was too horrible to dwell on for too long.

Luckily, he never made it to them. Before Sera could take another step, Dantas had arrived, and again everything changed.

"Sera, I want you to touch Adrasteia..."

Sera's heart jumped into his throat. Touch her? His thoughts conjured an image of Adra engulfed in flames, like his sister. He stared for a moment at his own hand, unsure of what to do. Of if he could do it. He'd only just gotten the flames to die down, and even that he wasn't sure he could take credit for. They had seemingly snuffed themselves out, once the Madness in the air had been suffocated, thanks to Dantas' timely intervention. If he hadn't come... Sera shuddered to think what they all would have done, what he would have done. He tried his best not to stare at the scorch marks upon the earth. Even still, the image of everything ablaze was still burned into his mind.

Slowly, he approached Adra. He hated to think it, but this way, muzzled and restrained, she appeared to him less like a human and more like a wild animal. Sera did not doubt that but for the restraints, she would have bit him. Hard. He laid a hand on her shoulder.

Even restrained as she was, he was wary of her, ready to jerk his hand away if she so much as made too quick a move. Even as he locked eyes with her, and saw the naked fury barely contained within them, he was trying to be as gentle as he could be. His Soul's wavelength was particularly effective against Demons, the Dark Arts, and Madness. An infusion of his wavelength into her would clear her mind of the current iterations of Madness that had taken her, but he could not touch the latent parts of it, the parts that undoubtedly still lurked below the surface, waiting for another opportunity to strike. He let go and stepped back, giving her an uncertain look. He did not know if it had worked.

Tuning back to Dantas, Sera felt the chains as they bound him to Adra herself, as well as the Grigori-Soul Weapon. For his part, Sera did not feel as strongly as Ciel about their current situation. He was still coming down from the adrenaline rush that had been the last several minutes.

“I accept this punishment. From now on, I will try to be better. Forgive me.”

Truth be told he was relieved that Dantas had stepped in, and more than willing to share in the group's penance for the part he played in the events that had unfolded, and his inability to stop things before they got out of hand... Though he could not shake the sight of Midori in that form.

Inhuman. Abomination. Monster.

Tags:
mewmilk mewmilk
Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider
Sybil Sybil
The Regal Rper The Regal Rper
Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul (and everyone else in the area)

Adrasteia Chandrice
"Whiplash"

The chain weapon's skull writhed on the ground with what few muscles could do so as they relied on pure reaction to fix their predicament, only to see this instructor approach her. Was he such? Her mind was a bit scattered, but getting close the helpless head attempted to snap and bite. Rather harmless seeing as she could not move her head to pursue hands, and it only got increasingly futile as the collar clamped at the nub of her untransformed neck. The feeling of its effect was immediate, and her soul fought the inevitable as it was restrained. Like a beast, it beat and scratched at its new confines, but like a beast, it did not seem to know the concept of fruitless efforts.

As her body was freed and put in new constraints she flexed and tried to immediately free herself, much like her soul with no luck. Unlike her soul, however, it was clear in her restrained body language that she was very much still beyond sanity. The arms and legs were taught with muscle strain, the grin of her restrained mouth stretched wide and a slit gritting of her sharp teeth could be softly heard. Her worst was her eyes, a mixture of the mania everyone had once felt and utter disdain which was new in those eyes. She was burning with hate, the restraints spurring this in her as she listened to the instructor Dantas lecture with words which went in one ear and out the other. This system of living restraints and soul dampening was more than enough to set her hate, the blood boiling with the absolute mind-numbing buzz she felt. Yet she stood there, unmoving and quiet, her restrained face showing the signs. All this was so much she didn't even have the mental effort to spare for Midori, the person she was just fighting tooth-and-nail.

With Dantas' disappearance she heard yelling, her head barely able to move despite her strongest efforts. The restraints were likely digging into her skin as she fought them, and her eyes fell on the one person she had recognized the words about. Sera. This one was supposed to.... stop the freedom.

H̵e̸.̴.̸.̸ ̶h̴e̵ ̶i̷s̷ ̸g̸o̸i̴n̵g̴ ̵t̴o̴ ̴t̵a̷k̵e̵ ̸i̶t̴.̷.̸.̴ ̴m̴y̶ ̸f̴r̵e̴e̵d̴o̵m̷.̶.̴.̴.̶ ̷m̴y̷ ̶r̵e̵a̷l̵i̶z̷a̴t̸i̴o̶n̴s̴.̴.̶.̸ ̵h̶e̷ ̶w̶i̵l̸l̶ ̵t̷a̷k̴e̸ ̸t̷h̵e̶m̸.̸.̷.̸ ̵n̴o̴ ̷n̷o̷ ̷.̶.̵.̵.̴ ̶n̶o̷!̵ ̷D̴A̴M̷N̵ ̷Y̷O̵U̵ ̸A̸L̵L̸.̵

She glared at Seras, panting hard with anger as she seethed, at this point becoming a more simple beast than some unhinged girl. If she was free she would have absolutely bitten the boy, but she was unable to move or talk. Harmless, but the intent was there in all its vitriolic toxicity.

As she was touched she strained the hardest, her body forcing itself against the living prison as hard as it could as a last ditch effort... but it was not enough as her mind began to burn away the madness with the wavelength of Sera. It was not calming in the sense it soothed the girl, rather it seemed to cleave the active madness and leave her with the burning feeling of anger and now a void. It was emptiness. Her body felt this void, her fight leaving her as her muscles relaxed and her eyes softened into indifference and her jaw went slack in the restraints holding it shut. She couldn’t keep it together, her mind now brought back to the level of sanity she had been at post-incarceration in the asylum. And thus? She stood there, incapable of caring for the foreseeable future as the mental, emotional, and physical exhaustion washed over her as she was still restrained.

code by RI.a

Mv3Qgdc.png

MidoriHoshi

"The Shade"

Species Death Golem
Rank One-Star Elite

Location Gaea Glade
Mission Survive
Status Meh

Mentions: BriiAngelic BriiAngelic

Midori was merely glad to have that nutcase out of his hands and dealt with. While he could have continuously forced her back into his golem form, doing such was both revolting for him and annoying in general. If not for her ability to transform into the nigh-indestructible chain portion of herself, she would have simply been bound inside him--her and that ability of hers. If it required her wavelength extending out to reach the others, it would have been equally trapped inside the nonreactive walls of his Golem. Luckily, that theory need not tested as Dantas took care of it and quelled the chaos with the assistance of Sera. Short end, the immediate problems had been dealt with.

Then of course came the new factor of the chains. Midori didn't necessarily care. The Hoshi were trained not only to assassinate, but to protect high value targets if need be. Tau would be little different.

"The way I see it, miss," Midori said, yanking on his chain that was so eloquently bound to Tau, "You and I have some issues to work out."

"You have two options starting now," he told her with a direct shift in tone. He wasn't just pointing out the obvious, he was making demands. "We can either find some place private to talk this out or we can do it in front of everybody, I don't care," he explained, effectively shoehorning her into actually confronting him about all the nasty things she decided to say earlier.

Midori then transformed just the tip of his right finger into a lean blade, a letter opener at best. He pressed the blade down into the flesh of his left arm and traced it up a solid six inches, nearly to the base of his elbow. If the magic of the chains worked, Tau would have the same mark or at least pain appear on her. He hoped he didn't have to explain his point, if it worked.

Agnes Fairhair
Mentions: Sybil Sybil (Adrasteia), Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul (Midori) | Interactions: mewmilk mewmilk (Vanya), The Regal Rper The Regal Rper (Gav)

The chaos of others around her didn't reach her, not fully. Individiual spats were all within touching distance of her, yet it all felt like she had watched them from behind a glass. The commotion around was white noise buzzing, distorted muffling in her ears. All the while she sensed trees uprooting, clashing, continuing their fall of dominoes. And she watched the last one begin its weighty descent towards the ground, and froze when she witnessed who would was threatening to crush.

Clover. The poor Demon Weapon, hurtled across the ground, uprooting the cobblestones in her wake, now lying there with a mangled arm, unflinching, alredy in the clutches of unconscious sleep. Agnes froze at the image, what she thought she saw in the moment. Terror's sharp claw seized at her throat, tightening at any attempt to yell and scream at her. Wake up. Get away. Let me know you're still there, please! The words bounced inside the confines of her head, unable to find their way to her mouth.

"That poor girl. Agnes, how could you let yourself be responsible for what's happened to her?"

"And all on top of the trouble you've made for yourself! Is that what you want to be remembered for? "

"Where the family is concerned, your name crops up often, and not for good reason."

Agnes felt her fingers coil through her hair, the words of relatives who once sung in her praised bouncing in her head alongside the words she struggled to get out. It had excacerbated the pressure mounting in her head, a desire rising in her to pummel her fist into the ground and uproot everything becoming difficult to bottle up and keep down. In the briefest flicker of thought, her mind returned to the unconscious girl lying on the ground, the tree about to land on her and send her insides squirting out like a tube of paint.

When Agnes had risked a look at what macabre paintfest had manifested across the ground, her attention was instead cauhgt by the tree spiralling away, thanks to a hearty punch from Gav. When her head had swerved back towards the body, Clover was gone. Of course, she was never there, she couldn't have been. Vanya was there, as she always had been.

It wasn't long before Dantas's voice boomed throughout the area the miscreants found themselves in, and suddenly everything fell into a stunned silence. Agnes froze even as Dantas went about his business, demanding their attention like, placing some sort of collar on Adra in the process...and then a weightlessness. The pressure and the words that had bounded around her head began to fade, and yet, the noble wasn't sure she felt any better for it. Exhaustion began to seep into her system, and a new and deeper sense of humiliation to add on top of that.

But he wasn't quite done. Punishment awaited them, regardless of who started it, if one's hand was forced or a reaction to the chaos around them. Chains had started latching onto others, and linking some of the group into pairs or threes. Agnes wasn't sure what she had expected, but being linked to Vanya and Gav made it difficult to simply internalise a groan. Having to run around with the girl who set her off was bad enough, but Gav, with his vulgar behaviour and ego swelling like a balloon? From the way she saw it, the man hadn't changed from his shirtless peacocking days.

God, she hoped he didn't remember that fight. Agnes wished she hadn't remembered it in that moment. Or that stupid shirt.

Once Dantas had disappeared, Agnes taught, grimacing at the chains. She remembered Dantas's explanation, and for an evil, petty moment, she thought about sticking her finger in the wound on her arm. Maybe it would remind Vanya to think before letting off a rain of bullets around her, as if Agnes ignoring her own outbursts were not a sight of hypocrisy in itself. But she relented. Later, if the situation called for it. "Ridiculous," the girl mumbled, "how were we meant to know about Midori setting off Adra and her empath like that? And now we're expected to condone being chained together as if it'll make us all friends in the end?"

• Dantas | ???

D1tCapKVAAE9cyS

"Well, if you're all that displeased about the arrangements, I suppose I must comply, yes?" Dantas' voice rang loud through the field, though his presence no where in sight.

The shackles glowed, the chains appearing, the connections each link formed now breaking. Like the sound of glass shattering, the chains broke their links to each other and vanished into the air- but the shackles themselves remained, their green glow staying present on ankles and wrists.

"New rule: If you can't work with the people you're chained to, then you will not have to!" The shackles glowed, becoming brighter shade of green that sparkled in the growing morning sunlight. "Instead, you won't be able to leave the group at all, unless you take at least one person with you. That is the rule, and you cannot break it. And this time, since Midori seems to be incapable of not being petty, your cousin's words Midori, not mine- then from now anyone that tries to leave the group or otherwise, will be shocked by their shackles; in conclusion, you don't follow the rules of what I just said, then its not me who will punish you, its yourself. Oh yes, and before I forget- you may want to find some means of protecting yourselves as the day progressed because its only been a little over an hour since you all got here- and the day is going to get worse as you all progress. So if I were you, your main objective will be to find sustenance first--"

But before he could finish, spears soared like bullets through the air. One aiming for Vanya, another aiming for Midori, a third aiming for Adrasteia, a fourth aiming for Ciel, and a fifth heading for Sera. The spears moved as fast as literal bullets, the shockwaves of their movement catching attention a second after they had been launched. They were a blur to normal eyes, and impossible to dodge to regular reflexes. One hit, would lead to grave injury and one hit without a healer on the team was a fatality in and of itself. Creatures the size of grizzly bears with the coat color to match and the tails of scorpions to follow it, akin to mutated giant chimps, charged at the group from the direction of toppled trees, if one paid any attention- they came from the same direction the tree Gav had punted away went. The beasts ran on all fours, six of them charging the group with surprising speed, two of them standing bipedal, ripping spikes out of their shoulders and preparing to throw again.

Mentions: N/A

Interactions: Sybil Sybil BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul Phayne Phayne Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Arcanist Arcanist mewmilk mewmilk

Mv3Qgdc.png

MidoriHoshi

"The Shade"

Species Death Golem
Rank One-Star Elite

Location Gaea Glade
Mission Yell at Dantas
Status Irate

Mentions: The Regal Rper The Regal Rper

“Oh yes, and before I forget--”

"--Dantas, I forfeit. I don't want to be part of this anymore," he said aloud, his eyes purely fixated on the Magician. There was no hesitation in his interruption of his superior. He was done.

Midori had enough. These tests were becoming so absurd that they didn’t reflect the actual missions he had been on. The other elites were just messing with them. These rules were stupid, their attempts to force teamwork was stupid, the rate these enemies attacked were stupid, the fact Dantas walked in to patchfix Adrastreia then tried to bind them together was stupid. This wasn’t the DWMA. This was a joke with no punchline.

A circle in that instant, popped around Midori- and a shield was spawned, taking the spear that had been meant for him and in the same instant, forming a bubble around the Weapon alone.

"You quit?" Dantas' voice asked in an echo. "That's it, you're done? May I ask why? Or what makes you think I have a reason to listen to your desire to leave now."

“Dantas,” Midori replied with a newfound respectful tone, “yes, I am done. If this is what the DWMA is now, I don’t want to be part of it. I was a Two Star Meister with Ao, I know what the field is like, and this isn’t it. This feels, to be honest, like you elites are sitting in some ivory tower with no real idea what you’re doing, toying with us to see our reactions.”

His tone continued with the calm shift, “and, my answer to your second question is not of defiance, but it will appear so. If you do not take me away from this island, I will kill every creature you throw at me if I can and I can’t, I’ll wait it out as the petty little golem I am. More so, I don’t want to be here. You’ve single-handedly destroyed my faith in the DWMA. Why keep me here if I don’t want to be in this program anymore?”

There was no reply. Not for a few seconds at least. The shield Dantas had spawned around Midori however persisted, giving him at the very least a view of what was happening around him. The monsters barreling out of the woods, Gav engaging two, the others spreading out to attack. One of them slammed into the shield Midori stood behind but if it did anything, it just bounced the creature off.

The beast didn't seem to like that. And so it charged again.

Before anything could really happen- like the silence from the magician simply confirming Midori's decision, the shield vanished, the ring sprouted upwards, spikes projected out and skewered the beast before it could fully charge Midori. In that same instant, Midori, vanished- and found himself hovering hundreds of feet in the air, Dantas standing in front of him. Both standing on a platform of transparent green, the mage silently watching the other.

"You say this program has done nothing but destroy your faith, might I ask why that is? What faith did I or these tests break, that makes you choose to leave?"

The silence was eerie, if anything. Midori didn’t know what to expect from Dantas. He was ready to transform into a weapon at any time, but never had to. The shield gone, creatures skewered, and then teleported to the sky. Dantas took a particular interest in his wording, apparently, when Midori merely wished to go home. Or to California. Whatever.

What Dantas asked required a moment of thought from Midori, but there was an answer. “Dantas, next to everyone knows what I am. Who made me. The only thing separating me from a Demon Tool is a technicality. I’ve spent my life searching for who I am only to embrace the only identity I know. Think about that. You called Midori, but is that really my name?”

"Would you prefer I call you by what you are then? A death golem?"

To be continued...

Serafim — The Sniper, Gavril — The Pugilist, Adrasteia — The Hellion
0d85797c4e8c45f7d67914f869386b36.jpg
Gaea Glade
Dantas’ voice once again penetrated Sera’s thoughts. So soon? He hadn’t expected to hear from the man already. His words were accompanied by a feeling. Sera peered down to see the chains glowing against his skin. Then, all at once, they shattered like glass. All that remained now were the shackles themselves. Still a prisoner after all.

So, that was it. They were changing the game on the fly. Now they were permitted to choose their partners freely, or stay together as a group. Peculiar. Sera wondered what had caused this change of heart. Was it truly the moaning of his fellow Elites that forced Dantas’ hand? Or were other forces at work on this island that necessitated the DWMA to play fast and loose with its own rules?

Whatever the truth was, they may never know. Sera did not need to know. The truth was not his concern. This island, and all of its dangers, was his trial. Here he would prove himself capable and return to his life, or he would fail and be cast out. There was no other choice for him. He heard Midori’s exclamation and his face soured. Good riddance, he wanted to say. Wanted to, but did not. Midori was not his concern, either.

What was his concern, however, was the spear. It was coming for him. One was, at least. There were more. He couldn’t count them. Couldn’t waste the time he would need to try. He had to do something. He had to move. He had to—

Gav was already moving.

He’s fast..! Was the only thought that crossed Sera’s mind. Sera whirled on his heels, trying to ready himself. He had to keep himself together this time. There would be no second chance if he fell apart again. The spears were headed for them–Sera could see them, now–there was one for each of them. His first thought was to run, to seek higher ground. With Grapnel he could make it.

But what of the others? And had he already forgotten the new rule? There was no way he could escape this fight. He braced. Perhaps with his wavelength he could deflect the spear before it could tear through him. But then Gav came. He knocked aside or caught several spears, the one headed for Sera included. The sniper let out a breath. Impressive. He was loathe to admit that he owed the other boy a debt.

With ample time now to move, Sera leapt several meters back, away from the encroaching horde of creatures. If they were anything like the Viperigiths, Sera thought he would do well to keep his distance. Then he saw Gav, fighting two of the creatures at once, on his own. And Adra, too. He knew she was formidable, but could she fight in her state against so ruthless a foe?

In that moment Sera resolved himself of his purpose. He was surprised to discover that, this time, he would fight not only for his own survival, but to help those near him, one who had helped him already, and one who had recently wanted to bite him. With this newfound resolve, he sat himself to the task at hand.

Two tendrils of Grapnel sprung from his fingertips, swam through the air and attached themselves to Adra and Gav respectively. Sera willed the length of his aura to recede, and in the same breath drew back his arm, pulling the lines taut.

☾​

In that moment Gav had deflected a blow, but in the same breath, lost his footing, he slipped. A move that made him grimace, as the other creature hit him square in the stomach, a move that made Gav's face contort with a wince, where the blow should have went through his body normally, his enhanced physique saved him from the force and instead caused a sucker punch to his gut.

A sucker punch that physically launched him into the air, as he tried to catch his breath, only for the other creature to take his blind spot and bring the tip of that barbed stinger launching his direction.

Had it not been for Sera's aura already wrapping around him and pulling at this point, Gav would have been stung, and as he was yanked back- the visibility of tense muscles that came with his sticking wet clothes, eased.

He still hit the ground pretty rough though.

☾​

Meanwhile, Adrasteia had no such reaction. Her reaction time was a fraction of its normal capacity, not to mention she was still chained up in her own prison of golem-like beings that clung to her body. The feeling of living beings pushing against and towards her to keep her still was more than enough to deter the weakened Adrasteia, so when the spear came rocketing towards her the girl had no defense.

Some say then it was probably something she should be thankful for when both Gav and Sera used their skills to not only avoid getting struck but also repositioned her, but the expression of tired disinterest lingered with a bit of pain being expressed across her curled lips. Everything took so much energy, breathing feeling like a hassle when she made the mistake of thinking about it despite her very dangerous situation. Exhaustion had caused dissociation seemingly, as she was more than a bit distant from her situation.

☾​

With both of them safely by his side, Sera retracted his Grapnel. They were out of immediate harm, but the threat before them still loomed. “Ready yourselves. They come again!”

Serafim took his own advice, bubbling up the aura at his fingertips to fire off a blast of aura pressure to intercept a freshly thrown bone spear that was headed right for him. The projectiles collided in midair with a clang, and the spear fell, dead, to the earth. The creatured had watched it all. Huffing, it bellowed a war cry before charging toward them all.

Agnes Fairhair
Mentions: The Regal Rper The Regal Rper (Gav) | Interactions: mewmilk mewmilk (Vanya), The Regal Rper The Regal Rper (GM)

When Dantas’ voice filtered in around them again, Agnes flinched. She had forgotten, stupidly, that Dantas was still an enigma who could appear or speak as he liked. Always there, so he could always hear them too. She cleared her throat as quietly as one can, her eyes cast down, like a schoolgirl gossiping or complaining about a fellow student who had appeared behind her. She wasn’t oblivious to what being on both sides felt like.

With a glow and a shattering akin to a ball crashing through a very expensive window, the chains broke and disappeared, though, much to Agnes’s dismay, the shackles remained, and she was still tied to the group. Clearly, by the souring expression on her face, she disliked the idea of still being attached to anyone at all. They were being chained together and muzzled like rabid dogs. Her expression softened when she thought more on the matter. It was understandable; herself and these Elites were very much dogs who didn’t learn to stop biting when told to. They had, from the Swedish phrase she heard her father ceremoniously use, shit in the blue cupboard. To explain further with another phrase, crossed the line one too many times, pissed too many people off.

Agnes just had to make sure not to shit in the blue cupboard again. She was ready to get on with it, go and find something to sustain them and an area to knuckle down in like Dantas suggested, until spears cut through the air. Some had been aimed towards the group themselves, including Vanya, and before Agnes could really acknowledge them, Gav caught two, and deflected a third. She’d have taken the time to be impressed with such a feat and remark on the change she’s seen in him up close since all those years ago, but frankly, time was not something she had.

Once again, beasts had been set upon them. No sooner had she realised this, she noticed one had set upon her and Vanya, both arms raised to strike at both of them. “Shit, move!!” Agnes cried, though, she didn’t necessarily think with her next action and had acted on instinct. She turned and launched herself at Vanya, tackling her as both missed the impact of that creature’s fists. She glanced to Vanya. It was laughable, really, one minute had a vehemous opinion of her, and the next, darting in to get them both out of the way of an ugly-ass chimp hybrid.

But survival was at the forefront. She managed to get herself back onto her feet, and offered a hand to Vanya - though, she had a choice whether to take it or not. Her focus though soon returned to the creature. These things were fast; perhaps they needed something to set them off balance. Thankfully, Agnes knew a thing or two that might help.

“We need to get these things off their feet, preferably have them stay off their feet,” Agnes said to Vanya, getting into position, “so, I guess it’s time I shake things up a little.” Without another word, she could feel the energy gathering in her arms again, and with her hand, sent a chop straight towards the ground, pointed in the direction of the creature. The sudden smack and pressure that flowed into the ground was enough to send roots ripping apart, forest debris spurting into the air. The fissure snaked its way towards the creature that attacked them in full force. It wasn’t deep enough to warrant a deep drop into the earth, but certainly wide enough for a foot to drop into and vicious shaking on its way to it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back