• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Madness | OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Given the nature of this RP combat is gonna happen now and then- and I would like to actually just hash out the basics on how y'all wanna approach this in general. I've been in my fair share of action based rps, I'm sure y'all got your own backgrounds also- but generally speaking how would you guys like to handle fight scenarios?

Would you wanna use a dice system if players cant decide which of their characters will win in a fight? Would you wanna use some other kind of system? Do you have a suggestion of your own? Etc toss em at me. I'm open to ideas or whatever, honestly just asking to see what comes up so we don't have concerns later.

BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Phayne Phayne Asagi Asagi Diphylleia grayi Diphylleia grayi RANGYOKU RANGYOKU Damafaud Damafaud Faded_Neon Faded_Neon Sybil Sybil Arcanist Arcanist Xcelgamer Xcelgamer

I dislike dice in general and would prefer to just... talk things out if that makes sense. See the best option for the flow of the story. Then give the GM the right to intervene and determine stuff if people can't come to an agreement.

Given the nature of this RP combat is gonna happen now and then- and I would like to actually just hash out the basics on how y'all wanna approach this in general. I've been in my fair share of action based rps, I'm sure y'all got your own backgrounds also- but generally speaking how would you guys like to handle fight scenarios?

Would you wanna use a dice system if players cant decide which of their characters will win in a fight? Would you wanna use some other kind of system? Do you have a suggestion of your own? Etc toss em at me. I'm open to ideas or whatever, honestly just asking to see what comes up so we don't have concerns later.

BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Phayne Phayne Asagi Asagi Diphylleia grayi Diphylleia grayi RANGYOKU RANGYOKU Damafaud Damafaud Faded_Neon Faded_Neon Sybil Sybil Arcanist Arcanist Xcelgamer Xcelgamer

I don't feel strongly about dice either way. I'm not sure what else we could use in case we can't decide battle outcomes, but I'm hoping there isn't too much conflict over that!

So just a bit of a heads up. I've made a edit to the thumb Rule on the CS Thread. Don't need to look at it if your character is finished and accepted, this is a heads up.

Now a bit of advice for building. This isn't really for everyone, its more just general advice you can take or leave, I'm more pitching this out there for peeps having a tough time with powers (not that I won't help, I will- just want to give you an image to work with here).

I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with DnD or RPG classes, but every class comes with its own set of skills and abilities and that's essentially the same thing you are doing here.

Meisters have their own specific field of classes since they are more physically prone, as do Weapons, as do Casters and the way you design these classes / their abilities, skills, etc also reflects a bit of who your character is at least on a surface level- outside of their reason for getting in trouble and being in the program.

Ex: BlackStar; BlackStar's an Assassin type Meister. Assassins are built for speed, low on defense, high in deception and blending with environment. But, BlackStar himself doesn't really follow all these details. He's more of a mixture of classes, and that's something to keep in mind for your characters. You don't have to stick to any specific type obviously I'm just using him as an example.

Looking at BlackStar as a person: he sucks at being an Assassin. He's really bad at it when he's not trying. He's loud, gives his position away, and he's only good at blending in when he actually takes the situation seriously. In the show, he has the skills but he often times never really uses them in the way they should be. His skills could be compared to a Fighter who focus on offense despite being a Rogue class, who focus on opportunity.

Hopefully y'all get what I'm trying to say here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back