• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Lunar Fury - Exalted 3e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
3E's Craft if a black hole for XP. At least, if you intend to do anything more than one or two mundane crafts.

It is a terrible thing if you want to be able to do anything other than crafting

Was kind just wanting to make poisons or medicines to help me comrades.

Though would be hard pressed to justify spending xp every time I needed to coat my weapons in stronger poison.

Sherwood Sherwood
What about the xp spent to discover recipes? Or maybe as a medicine or survival thing instead.

Honestly, there should have been a clause that if you are in big cat shape you can use tiger charms, in snake shape you can use snake charms, etc. But nope, no MA in animal forms.
It would be like Kung Fu Panda! lol

It's mostly that being a raging god monster doesn't mix well with evocations nor martial arts AND is also not really impressive enough to be worth sacrificing both of those things.

Don't get me wrong I still plan to fight in giant beast forms in larger scale encounters for tanking, but it feels like I'm duplicating effort in some ways.

Was kind just wanting to make poisons or medicines to help me comrades.

Though would be hard pressed to justify spending xp every time I needed to coat my weapons in stronger poison.

Sherwood Sherwood
What about the xp spent to discover recipes? Or maybe as a medicine or survival thing instead.
There is little in the way of healing potions or medicine for Exalts. You guys just heal so quickly on your own as it is, and that is before Charms or Hearthstones.

Regarding Lunars and Craft, they have a Charm that lets them get an extra dot of Craft, for every dot they bought, or will buy, so that mitigates that aspect.

There is little in the way of healing potions or medicine for Exalts. You guys just heal so quickly on your own as it is, and that is before Charms or Hearthstones.

There is a reason Exalted Healing is a 5 dot merit in the mortal only version of the game.

What about poisons? Such as wanting to concoct one with specific effects or a higher potency.

Or an anti-poison or stimulant to help buff the circle. Like temporarily negating a wound penalty, or giving them a +1 initiative or something.

I see about the medicine though. Hmm, limits its usefulness. But perhaps I can use some medicine stuff to heal mortals so they dont throw rocks at me.

Regarding Lunars and Craft, they have a Charm that lets them get an extra dot of Craft, for every dot they bought, or will buy, so that mitigates that aspect.
That could be pretty handy. Thankfully I dont intent to spread into many craft specialties. Just some alchemy stuff like poisons and potions and cures and stuff.

I would have to check up in more detail on poisons in the core book to know what they can do for you.

The Moonsilver part of it gives me 5 defense that doesn't count as armor for my MA Charms. That, combined with my natural soak and high DVs is what I hope will keep me alive.

It is sort of like Silken Armor for the fact that it doesn't interfere with the Martial Art Charms.

Yep, think of it as just the Silken Armor, but it can reweave its appearance like in 2E.

And with the added fun of the Starmetal infusion that lets me carry 2,000 pounds of stuff in pockets hidden in Elsewhere that no one else can access! One of my favorite Artifacts.

Was going to point that out lol.

I might pick that up instead of the silken armor I was planning on, since it has a few other bonuses, like helping with disguise and stealth.

Is it possible for there to be two of the same artifact?

And with the added fun of the Starmetal infusion that lets me carry 2,000 pounds of stuff in pockets hidden in Elsewhere that no one else can access! One of my favorite Artifacts.
Ooh! I got charms that can let me do stuff like that.

How many infusions can they have?

The IRA can have up to four Magical Materials in it. If I remember right, Orichalcum grants the wearer a +4 Appearance when you crank it up. I don't remember what jade does, but in my opinion, it was not impressive.

The IRA can have up to four Magical Materials in it. If I remember right, Orichalcum grants the wearer a +4 Appearance when you crank it up. I don't remember what jade does, but in my opinion, it was not impressive.
Which book is it in?

The full write-up is in the Dreams of the First Age book of Lords of Creation.

With a few minor tweaks to it. Like the armor benefit of the Moonsilver normally gives 5L 5B defense, but in 3e it is just 5 defense. Stuff like that.

I might take a copy of what Gwendolyn has.

Hmmm.

Psychie Psychie
Maybe we can make some sort of intimacy around it? Such as Mutant Cat witch was given it to her by Gwen. Maybe playing on her intimacy against bullying in that the amulet could aid cat witch in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back