• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Lunar Fury - Exalted 3e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Sherwood Sherwood

Looking for some clarification.

This is one of the anima effects of the full moon caste.

For five motes, the No Moon shrouds herself in a shadowy penumbra until her next turn. Vision-dependent rolls made against her suffer a −2 penalty until her next turn. This power is free at bonfire anima.

1. Firstly, does this include rolls to and attack her. Such as a normal attack made against he by an enemy with eyes.

2. Rather confusingly, when in Bonfire/Iconic, it says stealth is impossible, but in the merit it says the it gets the trait free at bonfire. Does this insinuate that a bonfire no-moon can go stealth? Or would the penalty at bonfire only apply to non-stealth rolls where vision is used against the lunar.

2.5 And on a related note to the above, at Glowing level, there is a -3 penalty against stealth and disguise. Which are more or less vision related.

Just wondering how all that works in together.

Sherwood Sherwood

Looking for some clarification.

This is one of the anima effects of the full moon caste.

For five motes, the No Moon shrouds herself in a shadowy penumbra until her next turn. Vision-dependent rolls made against her suffer a −2 penalty until her next turn. This power is free at bonfire anima.

1. Firstly, does this include rolls to and attack her. Such as a normal attack made against he by an enemy with eyes.

2. Rather confusingly, when in Bonfire/Iconic, it says stealth is impossible, but in the merit it says the it gets the trait free at bonfire. Does this insinuate that a bonfire no-moon can go stealth? Or would the penalty at bonfire only apply to non-stealth rolls where vision is used against the lunar.

2.5 And on a related note to the above, at Glowing level, there is a -3 penalty against stealth and disguise. Which are more or less vision related.

Just wondering how all that works in together.
I presume you mean the No Moon, not Full Moon?

1. I believe that since it is only for one turn, any vision related effort to spot you would be affected. That includes Perception rolls to identify you, and attack rolls based off of sight to target you. Darian from the Trial by Fire game would not be affected, for example. If I am interpreting this wrong, please someone correct me. I am open to feedback.

2. You are glowing bright, but you cannot be identified, except by the -2. That does not cost you motes. Your Anima at Iconic level is so bright it can be seen for miles away, so Stealth is impossible.

2.5. It is a -3 penalty to your Stealth rolls, since you are so bright.

I might take a copy of what Gwendolyn has.

Hmmm.

Psychie Psychie
Maybe we can make some sort of intimacy around it? Such as Mutant Cat witch was given it to her by Gwen. Maybe playing on her intimacy against bullying in that the amulet could aid cat witch in the future.
The IRA amulet is awesome. It is one of mine and Sherwood's favorite artifacts.

What kind of Intimacy were you thinking of? I am open to suggestions, since I need to flesh out my Intimacies a bit more for my comfort.

I presume you mean the No Moon, not Full Moon?

1. I believe that since it is only for one turn, any vision related effort to spot you would be affected. That includes Perception rolls to identify you, and attack rolls based off of sight to target you. Darian from the Trial by Fire game would not be affected, for example. If I am interpreting this wrong, please someone correct me. I am open to feedback.

2. You are glowing bright, but you cannot be identified, except by the -2. That does not cost you motes. Your Anima at Iconic level is so bright it can be seen for miles away, so Stealth is impossible.

2.5. It is a -3 penalty to your Stealth rolls, since you are so bright.
That clears things up. Thank you!

Just so you know, if you just want the effects of the Moonsilver, it is only a 3 dot artifact. Adding the Starmetal adds the +1 to it, but for me, it is totally worth it. Need a ten foot pole? I have one in my pocket.

Sherwood Sherwood , based on the size and merit profile of my character's Spirit Totem species, does using the cat template work rather than using the dog one? Both are in the core book.

Other forms I've been wanting to consider if allowed in no particular order...
Orca
Badger
Beaver
Claw Strider
Eagle
Owl
Bear
Chicken
Rabbit

The IRA amulet is awesome. It is one of mine and Sherwood's favorite artifacts.

What kind of Intimacy were you thinking of? I am open to suggestions, since I need to flesh out my Intimacies a bit more for my comfort.

Friends, perhaps, if an intimacy were to be established.

As to the idea I presented, it could build on Gwen's hatred of bullies. Thus taking a protective look at the younger lunar. Given the Wyld Mutant flaw, dirty looks and names probably wouldnt be out of the question. Even if the Lunars are on the understanding end of the spectrum, it wouldnt be far fetched for her to be called derogatory remarks regarding her having come close to chimerism, like tainted or unclean.

The gift could have come about to help Witch in anticipation of when they leave to mortal view. Knowing that it would be best to hide the unfortunate features.

Or, one of the Intimacies I plan for the Witch is a negative intimacy regarding her appearance. She doesn't like not looking human. And, am also looking into a limit trigger regarding a notable Humiliation or Rejecetion based on her appearance. And the lead to try and learn how to steal a humans Heart Blood. The gift from Gwen being to help her self image and those specific troubles.

As such, Witch would probably look up to Gwen in the appropriate fashion. And who better to look up to for Witch than a Lunar whose totem is symbolic of beauty?

Sherwood Sherwood
Just so you know, if you just want the effects of the Moonsilver, it is only a 3 dot artifact. Adding the Starmetal adds the +1 to it, but for me, it is totally worth it. Need a ten foot pole? I have one in my pocket.
I think I will just get the 3dot version. I have charms to do very similar. And that will free up a merit point!

Friends, perhaps, if an intimacy were to be established.

As to the idea I presented, it could build on Gwen's hatred of bullies. Thus taking a protective look at the younger lunar. Given the Wyld Mutant flaw, dirty looks and names probably wouldnt be out of the question. Even if the Lunars are on the understanding end of the spectrum, it wouldnt be far fetched for her to be called derogatory remarks regarding her having come close to chimerism, like tainted or unclean.

The gift could have come about to help Witch in anticipation of when they leave to mortal view. Knowing that it would be best to hide the unfortunate features.

Or, one of the Intimacies I plan for the Witch is a negative intimacy regarding her appearance. She doesn't like not looking human. And, am also looking into a limit trigger regarding a notable Humiliation or Rejecetion based on her appearance. And the lead to try and learn how to steal a humans Heart Blood. The gift from Gwen being to help her self image and those specific troubles.

As such, Witch would probably look up to Gwen in the appropriate fashion. And who better to look up to for Witch than a Lunar whose totem is symbolic of beauty?
I like that a lot. A very protective streak now dwells in Gwen for you, having taken you under her wing (so to speak) to help guide and protect you.

I like that a lot. A very protective streak now dwells in Gwen for you, having taken you under her wing (so to speak) to help guide and protect you.
And I shall put in an appropriate one as well!

Lol yeah, the name is on my to do list. Havent had the chance to go to a name generator yet.

Going to go with the peasant naming traditions of the realm. Her name will simply be Hazel.

And not just because of Witch Hazel. But because I only felt like going a dew clicks of the generator in.

What Manse?
Are there certain Manses?

The 5dot manse merit says it gives a 4dot demanse and a greater hearthstone.

Thought I would use it to get this.
Hierophant’s Eye (Greater)
Keywords: Dependent, Linked
This black octagonal stone blazes with orange-gold light along each of its perfect edges. The Hierophant’s Eye grants one automatic non-Charm success to every shape sorcery action while socketed into an attuned artifact.

That's a good one for a spellcaster. How did you get it?

That's a good one for a spellcaster. How did you get it?
While exploring the territory of the spurs between training with One Tusk. Stumbled across a cave in a mountain that revealed an enormous geode with a spring inside, the crystals glowing with essence that line the walls lit the cavity. In the middle of the spring was built a a stone rotunda to harness the energies from the demanse.

On a similar note, would it be possible to get a Standard Sidereal Hearthstone? Jewel of the Celestial Mandarin, I'm looking at you!

Unless, of course, One Tusk is possessive about such things in his territory, then maybe Hazel strayed a bit too far and got lost. And was pulled there by its essence.

While exploring the territory of the spurs between training with One Tusk. Stumbled across a cave in a mountain that revealed an enormous geode with a spring inside, the crystals glowing with essence that line the walls lit the cavity. In the middle of the spring was built a a stone rotunda to harness the energies from the demanse.
I will allow that.
On a similar note, would it be possible to get a Standard Sidereal Hearthstone? Jewel of the Celestial Mandarin, I'm looking at you!
That one is fine.

Awesome!

Now, since you mentioned that most artifacts in 3e have hearthstone sockets. Would the Infinite Resplendence Amulet have one? It didnt have one in 2e, so I wont assume it has one in 3e. And if not, I can attune it to a weapon I get.

Otherwise, would a hearthstone socket amulet cost 1dot in artifact?

And! Are motes to attune to something considered committed and you dont get them back.

Lastly! Thanks for being so patient with all my questions. I really appreciate it. Just dont hesitate to tell me to shut up.

Awesome!

Now, since you mentioned that most artifacts in 3e have hearthstone sockets. Would the Infinite Resplendence Amulet have one? It didnt have one in 2e, so I wont assume it has one in 3e. And if not, I can attune it to a weapon I get.

Otherwise, would a hearthstone socket amulet cost 1dot in artifact?

And! Are motes to attune to something considered committed and you dont get them back.

Lastly! Thanks for being so patient with all my questions. I really appreciate it. Just dont hesitate to tell me to shut up.
Yes, the IRA has a single hearthstone socket to it in my game.

Motes to attune to an artifact or hearthsone are locked into the item(s) and cannot be used until you drop the item and no longer are attuned to it. But then you cannot use the artifact or hearthstone until you reattune yourself to it.

Being patient is a part of my job as Storyteller! I asked a thousand questions as a new player, and would not be paying it forward well if I didn't answer your questions with the same patience! Never be afraid to ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back