• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Lunar Fury - Exalted 3e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I knew a defense of 6 sounded a bit high for 6 wounds and 2 stacks of onslaught.

I won't say it's impossible to overcome those penalties, but there was a reason I had Toun drop that decisive attack early. Having him weakened on offense and defense as well as outnumbered is a huge advantage.

Well, he's mad, and he's going after you with a great roll. Do you have any Charms you want to use to defend against it?

Alrighty! I plan to enact a Distraction Gambit.

And I want to make sure I do it correctly.

First!

I start it as a normal decisive attack. I roll to hit without using weapon accuracy.

If I hit, I roll damage normally. Which in this case is 24 dice. Is this damage still dealt?

A distract gambit costs 4-6, so I need at least 3-5 successes to perform it.

Now! For distract, it says I give used initiative to a target. Is the used initiative the cost(4-6) or is it all my initiative that was used for the decisive attack?

Also I was going to give it to the one with the highest initiative but since they are tied, I think I will give the initiative to Toun, since he had got a chance to look awesome in this combat yet as Two Mornings who hyper competently slayed the first monster, and I have more than enjoyed just enjoyed being instrumental in helping the magic problem.

Also! I intend to use Coyote Badger Tactic with this. It causes the target of a successful Distract Gambit to loose half the amount of initiative I spend (refer to second question). While this doesn't much matter with dendariam being already crashed, I think it would just be fun to use the charm.

Thoughts and advice?

On a separate note! Sherwood Sherwood

Using Shadow hands Invocation:
The Lunar’s shadow moves independently, weaving sorcery in her stead as she attends to other matters. She flurries a Shape Sorcery action with a nonattack action, reducing the penalty on both rolls by one.

This let's me perform a shape sorcery and an action. When the target SM is reached, the spell is released immediately. Could I then fire Nocturn for a withering attack at the same time a spell is cast, to boost the initiative right before a spell like the Fire Hawk Fireball thing in a flurry. Mayhaps it just having the visual consequence of the spell being fired out of the gun.

If not, could this be a possible Evocation for Nocturn? Building on sorcerous talents and using it as like a focus. (I'm still not sure what magical focuses do)

Well for me, Toun's big moments were how much damage he wasn't taking and dismantling the corruption device.

At first, I was prioritizing a KO over a Kill for exorcism/binding. What with the rapid healing thing... Do we need to just shift to a grapple at this point?

Well for me, Toun's big moments were how much damage he wasn't taking and dismantling the corruption device.

At first, I was prioritizing a KO over a Kill for exorcism/binding. What with the rapid healing thing... Do we need to just shift to a grapple at this point?
Why not both? Grapple and a chokeslam for the knockout. The best of both Violence and restraint!

In my honest opinion, you would be better suited to just doing a standard Decisive attack with your 24 dice damage instead of trying to get all fancy. it is up to you.

Well. I cant argue with ST wisdom or Psychies enthusiasm! Good thing I had the plan B of just blowing a hole through his stomach/blow his head off, since she isnt quite geared to use it as an improvised bashing weapon.

Sherwood Sherwood

The Dendarian has spent 3 turns in crash right? Doesn't that mean it resets to base?
It thought it had been only 2.

The attack that got me to 24 was what sent him into the crash.

Then I reloaded.

Now I'm reloaded and ready to fire.

So if the round he is crashed in counts to that number. This would be his third turn.

Ok, with the whole fight scene over, everyone can now do the redesign that I promised, along with having some more tasty xp that I'm getting ready to hand out. I'm not concerned about training times, so just spend your points as you wish.

5 more xp, and 3 Lunar xp

I'll update the Character thread with the running totals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back