• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Lunar Fury - Exalted 3e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Can it be used with a simple charm? Or in defense? Or is that what requires quicksilver changing face thing?

That is what Quicksilver Second Face is for.

Quicksilver Second Face
Cost: 2i; Mins: Essence 1
Type: Reflexive
Keywords: Perilous
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite Charms: None
Reveling in protean grace, the Lunar dances between shapes. She shapeshifts reflexively on her
turn, without the usual miscellaneous action Defense penalty. She may do so multiple times in
one turn, but not in the middle of an action — e.g., she can’t make an attack roll in one shape,
then shift into another before rolling damage. This isn’t compatible with Charms that let her
shapeshift into certain forms, like Towering Beast Form or Emerald Grasshopper Form.
An Essence 2 repurchase lets the Lunar reflexively shapeshift outside her turn. Among other
things, this can help defend against attacks.

Sherwood Sherwood

I can't use MA to throw the form weapon, from page 196 of the Corebook:

Ranged Attacks
Melee, Brawl, and Martial Arts attacks can only be made
from close range, barring the use of specialized magic.
Thrown and Archery attacks can be made from a greater
distance; the weapon used determines a ranged attack’s
maximum range, usually medium range for Thrown
weapons and long range for Archery weapons. Ranged
withering attacks determine their accuracy bonus (or
penalty) based on the range they’re made from, rather
than the weapon’s innate accuracy.
Well, now we know.

Sorry for the minor nitpick. I'm not sure if it will amount to much in this encounter.

Also... does that mean Righteous Devil can't attack from Short Range without archery? Wha...?

So on withering, 10's do give 2 successes? I thought that it did not apply to any damage roll unless there was a special Charm that was in effect.

Sorry for the minor nitpick. I'm not sure if it will amount to much in this encounter.

Also... does that mean Righteous Devil can't attack from Short Range without archery? Wha...?
I'm sure it can; just like how Air Aspect Martial Arts can use their Chakrams at medium range and Wood Aspect Martial Arts can use their Bows at long range.

So on withering, 10's do give 2 successes? I thought that it did not apply to any damage roll unless there was a special Charm that was in effect.

By default, withering damage dice do have 10s give 2 sux. Battlegroups don't, but they specifically mention that they don't.

By default, withering damage dice do have 10s give 2 sux. Battlegroups don't, but they specifically mention that they don't.
Found this in the book:
Step Three: Subtract target’s soak from the attack’s raw
damage. This cannot produce a result lower than the weapon’s
Overwhelming rating (see p. 580). Roll a dice pool
equal to whatever damage remains after soak. Unlike decisive
attacks, the Double 10s rule does apply to withering
damage rolls.

You are correct, sir.

You are correct, sir.

Combat in 3e is annoyingly fiddly.

Also, I hate to bring it up, but technically your supposed to give us a chance to declare defensive charms and stunts after you declare your attack charms but before you roll the attack. Otherwise I can do stuff like only use Agile Beast Defense when the enemy meets my DV, rather than needing to declare it beforehand.

Sorry about that. I'm still working on this whole combat thing in 3e.

Thankfully it seems rather easy to account for excess dice rolled, just count em off of the end of the pool. If only it were that simple at a real table. I don't even get the curse of the die roller to keep me company...

Combat in 3e is annoyingly fiddly.

Also, I hate to bring it up, but technically your supposed to give us a chance to declare defensive charms and stunts after you declare your attack charms but before you roll the attack. Otherwise I can do stuff like only use Agile Beast Defense when the enemy meets my DV, rather than needing to declare it beforehand.
I can't say it's how Sherwood does it, but when I ran games here I just let people declare charms knowing the successes. It kept the pace of the game moving a lot faster with two or three posts to resolve an attack and defense rather than a minimum of four.

I can't say it's how Sherwood does it, but when I ran games here I just let people declare charms knowing the successes. It kept the pace of the game moving a lot faster with two or three posts to resolve an attack and defense rather than a minimum of four.

Fair enough.

Well let me know Sherwood Sherwood What method you want to use. I will be dodging, and my standard DV is 6.
You can boost that with a dex excellency, or try a quick stunt to avoid getting hit in the IC thread. You just need one success.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back