• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Long-term advanced search | original | low-fantasy | platonic

Loud_and_proud

One Delta Ten Tango
Hi, the name’s Loud, and I’ve been thinking…

Ok, so it all takes place in a medieval low-fantasy setting. YC is a child with unnatural powers – sometimes unwillingly harms people when touching them, heals fatal wounds by accident, maybe something else too – who is avoided by everyone around them, considered a threat, haunted by the royals. MC is a mercenary warrior, a master of blade, a cruel but honest man who’s probably the only one person in the whole world who’s willing to help the kid, take them with him somewhere outside the Kingdom, show them the wonders of the world, teach them to defend themselves and find the source of their powers. It’s going to be an action-packed but also very emotional and cute RP with its moments of fluff, because the characters will interact, try to understand each other, deal with both physical and psychological problems, you name it.

“That one child that shattered the Kingdom… What’s wrong with him?”
“It’s got to be some kind of… magic?”
“If I ever see it, I’m gonna kill it!”
“Are you stupid or what? Do you know how much the crown’s paying if you catch it alive?”
“No way I’m touching this thing.”
“Is it a girl or a boy?”
“I say it’s a pest. You’re all so chill, but wait ‘till you have kids! The thing hides Gods know where, what if it gets to my boy Oswald?”
“I’m teaching Katarina not to play with strange children, but… Oh, in the name of the Presence, I don’t even want to think about it!”
“Hush, ‘Tilda, it’s men’s talk.”
“Don’t hush me, Pod! If you were a man, you’d flay it alive with your own two hands!”
“Oh, shut up, will you? You know nothing! I tell you, it’s magic. Black magic...”

The street was empty. The sky turned dark blue hours ago and it rained cats and dogs. Even the greediest of hucksters were forced to close their shops because no one in their mind would ever leave a warm hut in such a heavy downpour. Thunder and lightning shook the sky and tore it apart, but the clouds were so dense it barely stopped showering. The nature roared. The folk turned silent.
But here was someone – a small, pale, skinny figure – sleeping on an old wooden bench under a thin green sapling. It was an anxious, uneasy sleep troubled by many nightmares and the hunger of a lion. The child – it was, indeed, only a kid, the age of thirteen or younger – was used to the nightmares and the hunger, but it’s rarely been this bad. The poor thing hasn’t eaten or slept for days.
There was that one time the day before yesterday when a beautiful young woman pitied the kid and offered some food. She then tried to give a gentle pat on the shoulder, but… A terrible thing happened. The child didn’t mean to harm her, but sometimes a slight touch was enough to send the person to the very depth of the most horrible pain, as if one’s hand, arm or the whole body was pierced by a scorching steel rod. The woman felt it and ran away, didn’t even leave the food she offered – probably forgot about it, or maybe mistook the kid for some kind of monster.
It wasn’t a monster. Or at least it wished not to be.
Then the warders came to “protect” the city. Fierce armor-clad warriors the kid had no chance to defeat. Running was the only option, but it was all so cold, so difficult to move on an empty stomach, so… scary. The child was ready for it to end now.

And yet it wasn’t the end. The kid didn’t know it. The mercenary did. He was merely a guest of the city, meant to leave it today, the weather didn’t bother him at all, and neither did the warders, for he was not of this Kingdom and didn’t obey its laws. He had yet little compassion for the kid, being a rather harsh man grown big and strong to work through pity and human feelings… But what he felt was not of the nature of pity or sympathy, but rather of justice. The “fight” – the murder that was about to happen – was by no means fair, so he had no choice but to interfere.

It was the beginning of a long journey of a lost child and an even more lost warrior. Will they survive against the entire world and grow attached to each other or will there be a faster and more bitter end to it? Who knows…

Ok, so I have a few requirements for those interested in the plot.
- Please be literate. Nobody’s perfect, but if you can’t tell the difference between “they’re”, “there” and “their”, I can’t guarantee a long-term partnership.
- I don’t really have a minimum of paragraphs per post, but my average is four-five. I definitely won’t do one-liners. I tend to include a lot of details for my partner to notice and react to and I want you to keep up with the initiative.
- I won’t plot everything on my own. Feel free to add something to the RP, throw at MC some major problems, let YC be a pain in the butt – anything to keep it interesting.
- No romance involved, and I hate myself and everyone else for having to state that, but you won’t believe how freaking broken some people are. Really. No romance. Please. Don’t.
- The fact that YC is a child doesn’t mean they have to be simple and one-dimensional. You can’t just write a couple of common character traits and let it be. Make YC complicated, interesting, special – there’s got to be something in them that will catch MC’s attention. I’ll also try to make MC as interesting as I can.
- Also, let YC act conform their age. Don't make the kid "miraculously mature" or "naive as a five year old" type of character. I have a younger sister and know many kids of her age, I know a lot about them and how they act, so I can tell when someone is overdoing his job.
- I don't do faceclaims and don't really like sheets. If you convince me, I can do a description of MC, but I would prefer you to get to know him during the game. Same for YC, don't tel me all the secrets right away.
- Violence, gore and cursing are fine, I don't mind. Can live with them, can live without them.
That’s it. Hope I haven’t forgotten anything. If you read it all and are interested, PM me, tell me about yourself as a player and as a person. Also, what’s your favorite color? Not really a test, but I’m curious how many people actually read till the end.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back