• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Yes.

Sushi said we can also Shu Jin through pigeons and letters whether or not certain troops are needed or not, which led me to rationalize this plan:

Our focus should be on rounding up spearmen and archers, mainly. Good for keeping up positions, principally if we plan on doing a march.

EDIT: Also, I'm pretty sure we are just recruiting able-bodied citizens for our eventual march and conquest of yet another city.
Alright, Jiuwan is probably going to run a PR campaign then through fliers, word of mouth, and Rousing Speeches(tm) as to the benefits of service.

Alright, Jiuwan is probably going to run a PR campaign then through fliers, word of mouth, and Rousing Speeches(tm) as to the benefits of service.

Perhaps Zhou can help by being some manner of 'poster boy' of sorts, while using Dao's likeliness for it. Dao seems to be well-liked, and Zhou did aid in the retaking of Weilang and gained prestige through it, thus earning his position. Using the two subtly and in a nuanced manner could help round up inspired recruits.

you got any ideas? tbh I'm not entirely sure what we're recruiting *for*, that's what my post was going to ask. Are we hiring soldiers? Or general construction personnel for future public works?

I may have misread the post lmao, but that's my main point of confusion.
The details are as they sound. However you interpret and go about it is up to you. Corresponding consequences will follow as soon as you everyone get their details written for.

To clarify on the "vagueness" in our recent post of assignments to the cast:

The orders are kept simple, without directing the players to focus entirely on one single avenue of action. This is to ensure that not all creative liberties are lost when you're assigned a task, now or in the future. As the dominion grows, many tasks will be generalized and kept simple in order to simulate the development of mission-type based tactics. A char's failure to comprehend and carry our the task isn't necessary a bad thing, as it necessitates growth and learning experience for those involved ICly.

As such, do not worry if you don't fully comprehend everything in one go. Ask us quechons and we'll be happy to answer. Especially if your chars are new to the court in-canon. Remember, pigeon and couriers exist. Use them to relay your questions to Shu Jin or Dao if you wanna keep it in the loop with the story. We will provide y'all with intels and other forms of support where able. Help us, help you.

Have you been taking classes in ominousness from Mal?
We're like peas and carrots. I'm just more kids-friendly. <3

Last edited:
Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 Malphaestus Malphaestus Do the words “Wyvern’s Gate” have any significant meaning in universe? Or was it only some random grand sounding name Dao made up on the spot? Cuz I need to know if Zhu’s reaction should be being eternally grateful for being bestowed a great honor or “wtf why am I a gatekeeper now”

Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 Malphaestus Malphaestus Do the words “Wyvern’s Gate” have any significant meaning in universe? Or was it only some random grand sounding name Dao made up on the spot? Cuz I need to know if Zhu’s reaction should be being eternally grateful for being bestowed a great honor or “wtf why am I a gatekeeper now”
Long Answer: Yes. It has meaning in it. Zhu is Dao's awesome gate sentinel, ready to unleash hell upon the enemy that dares to knock on the draconian's Gate. WG is supposed to be the "Royal Scots Greys" of the army. Committed to win any battle with one fell swoop.

Short Answer: Sounds cooler and more intimidating than Sable Cedar.

Long Answer: Yes. It has meaning in it. Zhu is Dao's awesome gate sentinel, ready to unleash hell upon the enemy that dares to knock on the draconian's Gate.

Short Answer: Sounds cooler and more intimidating than Sable Cedar.
So the Wyvern gate isn't a physical location, I see. Slightly better than a literal gatekeeper. I guess she can live with it. But if Zhu's the deputy commander then who's the commander?

So the Wyvern gate isn't a physical location, I see. Slightly better than a literal gatekeeper. I guess she can live with it. But if Zhu's the deputy commander then who's the commander?
Metophorical than physical, aye.

The one and only. Mr. Weilangwide. Mr. 305. Metal One.
Uno, dos, tres.
Dolly!
Signore Dao Chaolong.

Zhu be gatekeeping everyone else from buttering up Lord Dao.
"No, I AM the Gate. You're just the fence. Now scurry off, pissant."
Lianjie: First order of business shall be then that Master Cang. The guy’s sus beyond belief, and he gazes in Lord Dao’s direction with such lustful eyes, despite himself being a man! Alas, I must put him out of his misery, for Lord Dao’s behind is in grave danger!
Metophorical than physical, aye.

The one and only. Mr. Weilangwide. Mr. 305. Metal One.
Uno, dos, tres.
Dolly!
Signore Dao Chaolong.
Sounds like a lot of work for someone who's supposed to sit back and bark order tbh

Lianjie: First order of business shall be then that Master Cang. The guy’s sus beyond belief, and he gazes in Lord Dao’s direction with such lustful eyes, despite himself being a man! Alas, I must put him out of his misery, for Lord Dao’s behind is in grave danger!

Sounds like a lot of work for someone who's supposed to sit back and bark order tbh
Zhu is a traditionalist I see. Wonder what our lesbian duo has to say about that. Muh LGBTQ+ tag. Imagine signing up to play a non-hetero character only to be oppressed ICly. Tragicomedy.

Well, you gotta be Commander in Chief to reign in all the impetuous officers. To inspire and command, and all. Deputy means Zhu gets the honor to charge in Dao's name and be remembered for it. It's a big honor, next to Banner Army commander for bearing the flag.
"Look ma! I'm part of the Cavalry! Lord Dao shook my hand the other day!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back