• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Colosseum [ KAIJU WAR LEGACY :|: FANDOM KAIJU/MECHA BATTLE ARENA :|: (OCC) ]

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

Develius

"Kaiju Enthusiast"

qQ2QpNG.png

e3a308289500db39f361979881793618.jpg

[ Inspired by the original Kaiju War Chronicles by Toho KIngdom. ]
Join the discord!

This is the OCC - a place where one shall plan with other combatants over their next moves, suggest situations, express interest, etc.

Hey you! Do you like kaiju? What about Mecha? So you wish there was a RP that can fulfill your kaiju battling desires by pitting your favorite monsters from fiction against one another: like Godzilla against Gamera or Ultraman versus Gipsy Danger? Then wish no more! Partake in epic battles of colossal proportions in “Kaiju War Legacy” to see who will come on top as the true “King/Queen of the Monsters”!

Premise is straight-forward: Pick an appropriate kaiju and/or mech combatant from fiction and fight against each other in a collaborative arena-based match up! There’s no overarching plot other than the ones you forge yourself!

The Rules are as followed (please read them):

1).
Kaiju and mecha characters must have originally come from an existing piece of media (ie: Godzilla, Gamera, Ultraman, etc). No OC creations allowed (only OCs you may see are NPC entities by me, depending on the scenario at hand). However, feel free to redesign and reimagine your kaiju combatants if you like by altering their backstory or adding any additional powers to their arsenal as long as they stay true to the character and are within reason - in which they would be considered as a "Legacy" character.
  • 1a). If you want to play a particular version of an existing kaiju/mech and you don't know too much about their backstory/powers/etc, or see that these characters would be hard to translate into a battle setting, then I highly recommend that you DO NOT play them. However, if you're still invested and what to learn more, please read their respected wikis like "wikizilla.com" or "ultra.fandom.com", etc, depending on your fighter's origin series. PLEASE DO PUT IN EFFORT IN YOUR PROFILES AND DO NOT BLATANTLY COPY AND PASTE EVERYTHING FROM THEIR RESPECTED WIKIS - THOSE SITES ARE TO BE UTILIZED AS REFERENCE SHEETS FOR YOUR CHARACTERS. If you have any concerns or need help regarding your chosen character, please DM me for assistance.
  • 1b). Multiple versions of the same character are currently discouraged for the time being (ie: two King Ghidorahs, two Godzillas, etc) unless they are distinctly different enough (ie: Showa (alien) Mechagodzilla, Heisei MG II and Mechagodzilla III Kiryu, etc). However, if you feel like a version should be included for any reason when one version of a character is already on the field, DM me your case and I'll see if it can allow it.
  • 1c). Again, no OCs allowed. If you want to make an OC and have it fight other kaiju, feel free to check out Kaiju War Legacy's sister RP - Kaiju War Chronicles.

2). Plot is not the dominating factor in this particular RP (albeit subject to change). This is more of a way to flex your writing skills and have fun through kaiju combat. I will not assign any overarching or secret plots, however if you want to have some kind of continuity or “fighting” plot with other fighters, then feel free to discuss it with me. "Event Matches" are an example that I had in mind , where multiple player entities square up against a "boss" character. (Also if things kick off and lean more towards plot-heavy elements, I may create a separate “plot-driven” RP or simply remove this rule from the list).

3). I highly encourage posts to be at minimum 1 - 2 paragraphs. Try not to simply make one simple sentence and call it a post - make it more engaging and detailed!

4). 1v1 fights are standard, however more players and fighters can join both prior and during the battle provided everyone involved in the battle is fine with it. These include 1v3, 2v2, 1v1v1 (three-way or more battles), etc. Do not invade other players’ battles without their permission first.

5). In every battle, your fighter has a chance to be slain in battle (at your discretion). This, of course, can be arranged with your partner if you both decide who should die - whether it be they want to retire it, announce that they are leaving the RP, or if they think it’s fitting that it should die in that conflict. Of course, being that this is (currently) a truly battle-based RP, this character can be revived for the next fight, whether it's acknowledged as a form of “continuity” or not. (If plot becomes more of a thing, this rule will also be modified to fit that portion)
  • 5a). If your opponent becomes inactive during a battle for an extended period of time, and has not notified you or the GM about their situation, then you have the option to either leave the battlefield through a fair excuse, or be able to defeat the kaiju in your own way (with GM permission). If you chose the latter option, do NOT kill the fighter - rather have it retreat so that it can be picked up again by the player if he/she decides to return.

6). Obligatory and standard RP rules - no metagaming, godmodding, mary-sues, etc. Every fighter has a weakness, no exceptions. Failure to comply with these rules repeatedly will have you banned from combat and the RP itself.

7). And as always, have fun!

If you have any questions, requests, or comments, feel free to ask me for details.

Also I highly recommend to take a look at the original Kaiju War Chronicles page and read on some of the glorious fan matchups! Most of the stories there are pretty good! They might even help you become inspired when writing or just in general to get the feel of battle.

Below are the tabs that have sheets if you'll like to start making your character now (before the RP can begin). These include Kaiju, Mech, and for Character Parameters (DO NOT forget this) portion of the CS sheet:

• [image]

Name: (Self explanatory; Also add in nicknames/titles if your character has any)

Appearance: (Describe what your kaiju looks like in words. Mention anything that is not seen in the picture, such as additional constructs, armor, etc)

Universe: (What universe franchise did your kaiju originate from? Ie: Godzilla, Gamera, Pacific Rim, etc)

Size: (Both meters and feet are permitted; include height, length, and weight)

Alignment: (Refer to the alignment chart: IE: Chaotic Evil, Lawful Good, true neutral, etc)

Personality: (How does your kaiju act?)

Biography: (Where and how did your kaiju originate?).

Powers/Abilities: (List your fighter’s powers and abilities, even extra forms if it has any)

Weakness: (Every fighter must have a potentially exploitable weakness)

Wins: (List your wins and losses here after every battle; Otherwise keep blank)
    Losses: (And here)
    Draws: (Also here)

Parameters: (see sheet)

Misc: (Add any other additional info to your kaiju, including trivia and theme songs!)

Note: IC thread is currently delayed till tomorrow. In the meantime, all accepted profiles from the Interest Check can go directly into the CS sheet.

Think I'm going to make a new "rule/option" for certain players.

Considering we already have a few small-based mechas compared to some of the larger kaiju, I think I'll add a "rule/option" to allow size changes to the underdogs against a significantly larger opponent, which depends on said opponent at hand. So say if Breaking Mammoth was going up against Godzilla or Ghidorah, I'll allow a size change to the underdog/undersized opponent to fit that particular battle (Ie: somewhere around 80 - 100 meters maybe). Rare occasions might the "alpha" be even nerfed size-wise in certain circumstances.

This is just to make things fairer for both parties.

wait i have a question how in the world is kong:skull island rated pg-13 it should be rated r the deaths are really gory

It generally seems to take extreme amounts of gore, nudity etc for movies to be granted r ratings nowadays.

That aside I'd be up for a battle with the skully boy(s) if you'd like.

Apologies. Sorry for such late replies.

I would appreciate the help. Not sure who to pit my mech against. I also intended to post a Kaiju sheet, but am as of yet undecided on what I want to play.

Apologies. Sorry for such late replies.

I would appreciate the help. Not sure who to pit my mech against. I also intended to post a Kaiju sheet, but am as of yet undecided on what I want to play.

We just got two new kaiju sheets from Scatterbrain if you are interested in fighting one of his. He might be using one against Knight_boi but not sure as of which one.

Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 has a Mechagodzilla and a Gundam pilot - perhaps the latter could be interesting being Gundam vs Gundam.

And I also have a few choices myself - except with Ghidorah as he is currently in battle with Selee-01 Selee-01 's Ymir Fritz.

There's definitely a few options.

And don't worry about the kaiju, take your time. 👍 If you need help deciding, feel free to ask me for my recommendation.

We just got two new kaiju sheets from Scatterbrain if you are interested in fighting one of his. He might be using one against Knight_boi but not sure as of which one.
I felt like I forgot to mention something. It was Tentacruel I had in mind going up against Skullcrawler ( Knight boi Knight boi ).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back