• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Just Breathe

Max smiled softly at her and gave a happy sigh "He has been great to me. Its a breath of fresh air being with him. It feels like I've known him for a much longer time." She explained before turning her attention quickly to the baby monitpr when she heard noise. She gave a small laugh as she listened to Jon and nodded at his mother's statement "He is just excited about it all. I'm so thankful for that too. I was worried he wouldn't want to be there when I was able to tell him."

Clay looked over at Carmen with deep under bags on his eyes having not slept in what felt like days. He rubbed them gently and sat up straighter in his chair "Yeah beautiful whats up?" He asked softly as he took her hand in his. Ever since she started going further downhill he had picked up a second job aside from the garage at the 24 hour drive thru just trying to make as much extra cash as he could to support the entire family. Things were getting worse day by day and he was starting to get scared that he might loose his wife sooner rather than later.

She frowned some and fiddled with her hands, "Can you go pick up a whole bunch of birthday cards..... 40 to be exact." She mumbled. "I wanna make sure the kids have a card from me." She mumbled, "For ten years." She told him, giving his hand a squeeze and just lay there watching him in silence now, her energy disappearing as she watched him leave, falling asleep not long after, thinking nothing of it when he was gone for a good nine hours, too exhausted to be able to read into it.

Rebecca nodded ad frowned, pushing her a business card of hers. "If you ever have any problems with him.... If he ever stops treating you like a queen,..... you give me a call straight away and I will be down here to sort him out." She told her, looking worried for a moment untiul Jon walked out there, carrying a tiny bundle and she reached for him excitedly "Oh is this my fgrandson?" She smiled wide

Clay came back a while later and sighed heavily as he placed the two bags of cars he had bought for her on the table. He had been gone longer than expected having been off seeing someone for a moment and lost track of time.

Max frowned softly and took the card not really understanding why she would need this. She smiled though whem she heard Jon's voice and gave a small nod "Yes it is, this is Matthew Jon." She said softly

She frowned and looked over at him again. “Hey, cmere” she mumbled, reaching for him tiredly for some cuddles. “Your mom just called. Said the kids say hi and can’t wait til I get home.” She mumbled, “she also said to not let you stress too much.” She murmured

Jon leaned over and passed him to her once he got out to the back porch. “Dads asleep on the couch.” He told her, sitting next to max and kissed her head. “You need anything baby?” He asked her quietly.

Clay moved to sit on the bed with her and sighed softly "I'll try my best." He whispered kissing her gently "I love you more than anything in this world Carmen."

Max smiled softly watching the two of them shaking her head some "No babe I'm fine." She said softly before kissing his cheek gently

She smiled tiredly then frowned and looked around the room. “There was something I was supposed to tell you…. I can’t remember- oh. You have to go home in a little bit. And get some actual rest tonight.” She murmured and smiled. “It’ll make sense once you get home.” Abe mumbled, not making much sense herself but that wasn’t so unusual these days.

He nodded and just leaned back, holding onto her leg. “So I’m gonna look at apartments in Atlanta tomorrow for when we go to Georgia.” He mumbled “If you have any preferences let me know.” He smkled at Max.

Clay raised an eyebrow at her but gave a heavy sigh and nodded some "I rest fine here." He muttered as he held her close kissing the top of her head repeatedly

Max gave a small nod and smiled happily "All I request is that it has a decent bathroom and closet." She said giving a small laugh

She smiled and pecked his lips, rubbing his arm. “I know baby. Your deep dark circles are true signs of a well rested man.” She teased. “The thing is… you have a present waiting at home for you. A bit of a thank you for all the work your doing to help our family at the moment.” She murmured.

he smiled and shook his head a little. “I don’t know how I’m gonna cope. Such high maintenance.” He mumbled sarcastically. “Mom can we have our baby back now?” He asked her, smiling a little.

Max laughed at him and shook her head some "Hey let her hold him she is just fine." She murmured before squeezing his hand

Clay raised an eyebrow and gave a small nod "Well alright then.." he murmured before kissing her cheek gently

She smiled bigger and held onto him a little longer. “Give the kids cuddles from me okay?” She murmured, watching him finally go.

He grumbled a bit about not getting enough time cuddling him but didn’t say anymore until his timer went off to go pick up the bbq. “Alright. I will be back. Don’t burn the house down. Don’t drive max crazy.” He gave them both instructions then left

Max laughed a bit and took Matthew once he started to fuss for food "Let me go get his bottle." She murmured thankful she had made a few before they had came.

Clay held her until he had to head out and gave a small nod kissing her lovingly "Alright beautiful I will." He murmured before he left to get the kids and head home.

Rebecca smiled some and nodded, passing him over for feeding. “And you’re sure he’s treating you good?” She asked her.

JD was sat on their front porch waiting til he saw his old friend pulling into the drive before he stood up and grinned over at him

Max frowned a bit at her question and gave a nod "Yes of course he is, why wouldn't he?" She asked curiously while she went to sit down as she fed Matthew.

Clay pulled into the driveway and looked at his best friend with a puzzled look on his face "J?!" He yelled before he got out quickly and rushed over huggin his friend tight

She frowned and shook her head. “He hasn’t told you. I’m not surprised. He has a record. A violent one at that. He has never hurt a girlfriend but he was arrested. Three times for it. Beat someone into a coma when he was a teenager.” She told her frowning some.

He grinned and hugged him back. “Hey, carmen called, said you could do with a visit.” He told him. “How’re the kids? How’s carmen?” He asked him.

Max frowned a bit at this knowledge and gave a small nod "Oh I see." She murmured not liking that she found out through his mother. She would give him the benefit of the doubt though, he might not have wanted to tell her so soon.

Clay smiled more as the kids ran over to hug their uncle "Kids are good....Carmen is...here lets go inside man." He murmured unlocking the door and letting everyone in

He frowned but smiled at the kids at least, excited to see his godchildren. They’d never had them baptised but that’s how they’d always seen JD, waiting til the kids had all run off to different parts of the house before sitting out back with Clay and a beer each “Talk to me. Tell me what’s going on cause all she said was that she’s worried sick about you.” He said, watching him

Jon got back with dinner not long after that, going to wake his dad up and called the girls in, whistling for the dogs as well, locking up once everyone was inside. “How’s little man doing?” He asked smiling at max as he watched her lightly rocking their son, falling more in love with her e err day.

Clay gave a heavy sigh as he sat with JD and shook his head a bit sipping his beer "Carmen has cancer.....its spread to her lungs and the odds of her coming out of this....they're slim." He said quietly before taking a deep breath and shutting his eyes tight.

Max smiled happily as she sat in the dining room with Matthew letting everyone get their food. She looked at Jon as he came in to see them "He is good, starting to fall asleep." She said softly before pecking his lips gently "You mind making me a plate while I put his to bed?"

He frowned and nodded. “I know. She’s not worried about herself though right now. As is always the way. She was crying on the phone to me yesterday. Saying she’s worried sick that you are running yourself into the ground…. I’m here for a few days. Heading up home on Tuesday but I thought I’d come spend some time with you all and the kids.” He explained.

He gave her a mock salute and nodded “Yes ma’am.” He smiled, pecking her cheek and went to get her food set up as well, getting sat down at the table and sipping his drink, the dogs busy eating at their bowls as well.

Clay gave a heavy sigh and nodded a bit "I know but I gotta keep going for the kids." He murmured sighing heavily as he sipped at his beer "How are things for you?"

Max spent the evening getting to know his parents and finally when it was time for bed she curled up to Jon. She sighed softly kissing him gently "Your mom says you have a record..."

He nodded and frowned "Look... take a couple days to yourself. The kids are excited to see their favorite uncle." He chuckled some. "They're not bad, Charlotte and the kids are up at family cabin for a couple weeks but you know her Dad never wants me to be there as well." He muttered, shaking his head.

Jon set the baby monitor next to the bed and went to lay down with her frowning some "I thought she might have told you.... It wasn't her business to say anything to be honest." He muttered, shaking his head. "But yes, I do... I used to struggle a lot with violence and I wasn't the nicest person. Got in a lot of fights... But I have never and I will never, ever, raise a hand to a partner or my child." He told her seriously

Clay gave a heavy sigh and nodded a bit "Yeah I'll try, thanks man." He murmured before smiling a bit "He still giving you shit man? I guess he still doesnt get you wont leave?"

Max cuddled up close to him as he layed down giving a nod "I never thought you would, I'm a bit upset I found out from her though. I would have rather learnt from you when you were ready to tell me. Oh well though." She murmured before kissing him lovingly

He frowned "It wasn't really her business to tell you anyway." He muttered, pulling her in close and kissed her temple, "We should get some sleep before he wakes up for a nighttime feed." He smiled, kissing her head and getting settled down

Carmen was getting ready to go to sleep much later that night and smiled hearing her phone ring, answering Clay's call 'Did you like your surprise?" She asked him weakly, she'd been sick all evening since he'd left and she still wasn't feeling good at all

Max gave a small nod and started to fall asleep against him. She woke up when Matthew started crying through the baby monitor and sighed softly getting up quickly to make her way to him.

Clay smiled a bit when Carmen called later that night "Hey beautiful....yeah I did thank you." He said softly sounding more relaxed than he had in a while now. Though when he heard her go into a small coughing fit he started to worry all over again "Babe? You okay?"

AShe frowned and got some water "I'm alright... They're talking about sending me home tomorrow morning. Like ten o'clock then I'm back in for the scans and everything on Monday." She mumbled, rubbing her face "But I wanna spend the weekend with the kids at home." She told him seriously.

Jon grumbled a little but soon got up and made his way out to go make her some tea, heading up to the nursery and just sat on the floor next to her, watching them both with big puppy dog eyes "I'll burp him." He mumbled, sipping at. bottle of water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back