• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Garbage Pail Kid

Mad Without Power
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Mentions: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Sitrus Sitrus Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo
OOC: All skills, abilities, and titles are free to use outside of combat, and so long as it makes sense narratively. Any combat/obstacles will trigger cooldowns and mechanical limitations. I will be able to post every 1-2 days, and want to make sure everyone feels involved and acknowledged. Real life happens so if you can't reply for whatever reason, that's fine! I can have plenty of reasons why your PC was distracted or otherwise, just me know! I can always hold a post for a day or two if necessary for people. There isn't going to be a posting order so long as you aren't excessive in your replies(outside combat), and if your posts requires more information on the setting/landscape than you have, by all means, contact me and I will gladly be of help!
Time: 1:30pm
Weather: Sweltering heat with no end in sight, clear skies, burning sands
Post Listening:

Dimoria...
66490d1854c2cb17ab6ce0371ab236a1.jpg

It is a hot scathing landscape of endless desert and danger. Elves, dwarf, and tiefling families were exiled here long ago and forced to make do in harsh unforgiving dunes. They were forced to come together and pull a miracle out of the sands, combining all of their talents to create an incredible city that grew to become a vast jewel against the otherwise scorched earth. Shalzahaad(Shal-zuh-hod) was the culmination of their revenge. A city that boasted a plethora of markets called 'The Scales'. The desert beyond city walls is known as The Blind Desert and is home to only bandits and a searing death under the unforgiving sun, seeing no good nor evil in anything or anyone that traverses the treacherous territory. It is the risk that makes these lands worth the venture; untold riches and glory lie hidden beneath dunes, dervishes, and sandstone walls.

At the edge of The Blind Desert, overlooking a horizon swept in desert storms, is where Su Chen, and her party finds themselves. The caravan they had been traveling with were very helpful in providing information on the desert since this wasn't their first trip; continuing to move down the sloped hill, trading grass for sand as a few of the caravan members started to rub the wagon wheels with some strange lacquer before trekking through the sands. The caravan was made up of four wagons with about twenty people making up the troupe. Roost Rock, The caravan leader, stood next to Su Chen and started a familiar process he often does on breaks along their trip; Rolling a cigarette. "Now this is where our trip really begins" He started, chuckling as he packed his tobacco and flicked his thumb, a small flame flickering from the tip of it, giving him a light. "I know it's been alotta information in your ear, but your the boss of keeping us alive so maybe I can run over everything a little easier. How about the rest of ya? The Blind Desert isn't some dust bowl where you only gotta worry about sand in your pits..or uh...vents?" He gestured toward TMK. Roost has seen his fair share of weird, and was pretty off himself, so he treated TMK all the same.

8600f0c96a3a6a64201059d73b8ca43e.jpg

[Roost Rock]

"I'm doing everyone here a curtesy and going over the region we will be heading into; The Blind Desert" He quirked his only eyebrow, pulling from his cigarette and looking toward the caravan wagons. "First and foremost, deserts are livings things, and will swallow fools whole. You have to watch your footing and stick to paths we use. We keep our trails as updated as we can, but I can't guarantee your safety if you go off wandering cause you saw something shiny" He said waving his hands. "Mirages here are a little more than hallucination. Something about this place...it's cursed and makes everything that lives in it, unstable. I've done my fair share of fighting, but I'm no up and comer like you lot, and not many merchants know the secrets of this desert like I do, so you keep us alive-" The sound of commotion heard from one of the caravans as someone had been caught in a small pool of quicksand, Roost only sighed. "-Keep as many of us alive as you can, and payment will be the least of your rewards. There is a city within this perilous place known as Shalzahaad. It's unlike anything you've seen, but it's not easy to get to thanks this strip of hell" He said gesturing toward the general direction they were heading, a distant sandstorm rumbling with thunder as lightning flashed within it like a primal cocoon.

"I'll have to inform you as we go, we should get a move on if we want to avoid the worst of that. The storms themselves aren't the problem, but what's in them is
" Those were his only words of warning before he flicked his cigarette off the ridge they were standing on and shouted toward the last wagon that started to cross into the desert, twirling a finger as a signal that they were back on the road. The wagons were now ready for desert travel as the other caravanners were to move out. "Su Chen, you can ride with me on the first wagon. TMK I need you in wagon behind us, and Lebron will take the back wagon. You can never have enough eyes out here on watch. There are many dangers that are going to be best avoided, but if it can't be helped then at the very least I want to know about it ahead of time. Last thing we need is a Refractadon on our asses"

Roost Rock moved up to the front cart, alongside Su Chen, taking the reigns and beginning the caravan's arduous journey. The storm they saw in the distance continue to rage and roil far off the horizon, leaving them in clear skies that left them vulnerable to Sol and all the light it shined down onto this aqua parched crevasse. It was impossible not to sweat with temperatures nearly in the 120's (48 C); sand sticking like glue to sweaty palms, faces, and arms. Roost Rock held onto the reigns tightly as he lead his once again lead his people into hardship, preparing for all that lied ahead of them.

"You are bold to take up my contract, especially as a green horn? Sure are looking to jump into the deep end huh? what's driving you? if you don't mind me asking of course"

The second wagon where TMK had been stationed was manned by a leather-clad woman who's gaze cut through glass. The amount of experience and weather her attire has seen indicated she had experience here, and that this was not her first trip. She would only respond with grunts, sighs, or shrugs when asked any questions. It wasn't until her lackadaisical vision focused enough to see that the being inquiring her was oddly shaped, and made of something...strange and-"Familiar" She said with hidden lips, heard, though muffled it was behind her raised collar. Her eyes linger on TMK for several moments more, faintly showing an expression of curiosity, before she looked ahead once more. It would take persistence to learn more about her cryptic behavior, and there would be plenty of time on their trip.

1d72a326ea25557380a22c2b2628557d.jpg

The wagon holding up the back of the caravan was unexpectedly alive with chatter as, for better or for worse, the driver was delightful gibbering away to Lebron whom was assigned the caboose. He was a rather short creature; a hedgehog or more accurately a shrew-folk. He was about three feet high and adorned engineering overalls with wagon repair tools dotting the pouches. Goggles obscuring his intrigued, beady eyes. He had introduced himself as Heathcliff and was rather polite despite the regions he traversed through. "Oh isn't it such a delight to be out on another adventure? Why It's been nearly a month since we've been out in this beautiful country! So much hemming and howing about how dangerous it is, but isn't anything worthwhile a little dangerous? There is an absolutely treat of an oasis a few miles in! Some chai tea steeped in that oasis water is heavenly." He laughed and wriggled his nose, seemingly unafraid of the dangers he's likely faced before

f327d5d205c04b80ef64e4e73a81f318.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[FILE-:// TMK.CHR ] - [DESIGNATION - TMK]
[INTERACTIVITY DESIGNATION:// CRYPTIC FEMALE ORGANISM.NPC] - RP'ER -{ Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid }
]PHYSICAL APPEARANCE INDICATOR]
|
V
1658542749942.png
<- Speach Index >-

[In character communication]
[Communicating with YOU]
{Notebook Text}
(Thoughts)
--------------------------------------------------------

In the second Carriage of the caravan, a rather large Pink ball sat on an unoccupied spot of the inside, keeping their vision on the many goods and other objects that were being transported. The sound of a pencil writing on paper could be heard, as that was merely just TMK examining each piece of merchandise from a distance. Looking up and around for a few moments however, they noticed the gaze of the other person in the cart with them. At first they decided to ignore it for now, as they were currently taking notes of the merchandise that was here.

{Merchandise - Bags containing animal body parts such as Beaks, horns,bones, etc. Hides and pelts from non Indigenous animals identified. }

Finishing this writing, TMK closed their notebook and set it on the floor of the carriage. They now took some time to walk towards the back of the carriage, whereas the view behind, they could barely make out the shape of the carriage that Lebron was in. Then they turned around to see the woman they were stationed with, still looking at them. They decided for it to be fit to garner some interaction to quench her curiosity, might as well since this was going to be a long trip.

[Does my physical appearance bother you in some sort of way, Ma'am?]

Glowing text materialized above their pink round body, almost resembling that of a neon sign with a blocky font. Oval voids looking to her patiently and politely.

1658580991225.pngNothing, as far as the eye could see.

Deserts were harsh, unforgiving, and dangerous places even in her old life, yet her she stood in a world of monsters and magic, daring to enter a place where the environment alone could take your life. Usually she wanted to be as presentable as possible, but for this heat she had to remove her heavy red jacket. It was tied around her waist, leaving her sleeveless yellow dress on full display. Her slender arms concealing her true strength and the fact that they were her weapons. As the caravan prepared to move she turned around to take stock of their rather large party. 20 people by her count, give or take. That was when she heard the voice of their guide and turned away from her thoughts to hear him properly.

She couldn't fathom why he would want to smoke when the air was already so dry and the heat was unforgettable, but he was an amusing man who at the very least was trying to do his job and keep everyone safe. This was a lot of people to be charged with keeping safe and although she didn't want to doubt either of her partners' capabilities, she wasn't too familiar with what they could do. She inhaled deeply, and let out a heavy sigh as she tried to shake off her stress.

At Roost's command she headed to the front, but she couldn't stop herself from looking to the back, wanting to keep an eye on everything and everyone. "Green hon?" There was a hint of amusement in her tone when she echoed the man's words. "I've fought necromancers and done my fair share of exploration and fight." She said with a more even voice. "I've never been to the desert before, so this seemed like the next rung on my ladder. I'm here for experience, to learn and grow." Money was useful, but it wasn't what she was after, not this time around. If she was gong to continue to grow, then she would need to continuously do new things and push herself.

"Tell me more about this desert, what should we expect? Bandits? Monsters?" Her gaze shifted to Roost, focusing on him now.

Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo Sitrus Sitrus

Oliver Delselmon

ebc1fb8235b11ae72fd0af9cbeeb1bb8.jpg

It was hot.

So damn hot.

He hated this and hated every part of him that decided to come along on this trek. Damn this place, damn it to hell where it could properly compete for being a proper torture for all the poor damn souls stuck here. And lo, here he was, amongst their number, stuck on this sandy hellscape of heat, death, thrist and even more fucking heat.

Why.

Why was he here?

Why didn't this world have air conditioning?

Why did this place have to be in the middle of the god forsaken dark ages and now he had to watch as the sun tries to murder him WITH brought daylight. He hated it here, he wanted gone, but noooooo, this job paid well, but noooooo, you had rent to pay. Saving fucking peasant folk from a many eyed monster just wouldn't cut it. He had to get a fucking job as one of Ryken's premier healers. Sure the desert requires help to, he already cured a fever from a kid who would have likely died or had a family in debt for medicine but fucking hell he wanted to have a nap somewhere cool.

"Who the fuck thought it'd be a good idea to live in a gods forsaken desert!!!!" Oliver yelled out, his hair ragged and disheveled, his new hat was covered in sweat and he has sand everywhere he didn't want it!

"Why did I decide to do this!? Who thought it'd be a good idea to travel to the deadly god damn desert and be a mender!? Oh yea! I onow! The gods forsaken Adventurer's Guild can take a good long deep kiss in the middle of my ass!!!"

Suffice to say, this particular elven man was not happy as he trudged through the sand on acheing feet. Were they injured? No. He made sure of it, all his body is healthy as can be thanks to magic. But it didn't mean HE WASN'T GODS DAMNED MISERABLE!!!

"I'm finding whoever gods damned pointed this out to me and gelding them with lightning." The man continued his grumbling despite being in the middle area of the caravan, he was rather loud with his protestations...

d8t1sk1-e6e47dbd-11d0-413e-9117-4e1e420587be.png "Uuugh..." In the blazing heat of the desert dressed in his black ensemble, but with his jacket tied around his waist was Nachtum. He trudged through the desert sand his head swaying from side to side with beads of sweat falling down his brow. In this moment he regretted wearing mostly dark colors. Despite the heat it only seemed to make him grip his sword tighter, as it may as well be the one thing that would keep him from heat stroke should the worst occur. This was his first run in with a climate like this. It could get hot in his home but that was out in the country far away from the city. And he had never ventured outside of it until recently. His body wasn't quite cut out for the great outdoors.

In arguably equal agony was the blonde man Nachtum had met and fought with back in Riverend. Due to his condition after his brush with death he had stuck with the man for a time till he could be healed. With not much of a better option they ended up traveling for a brief time together. Though it was less a formal team up and more of them going in the same direction. Nachtum was more than willing to travel with the man who had saved his life and allowed a few towns people to survive. He could have done by himself, but as evidence by how the battle had developed by the end he likely would have died. While he wasn't necessarily afraid of death he couldn't allow it to claim him. Nachtums quiet nature worked to his detriment during that time. The man who he now knew as Oliver, was something called an "Elf" according to him. During their travels they had rarely spoken opting for a somewhat awkward silence. It wasn't like he disliked Oliver, but he just didn't know what to say to the man. So he had merely radiated a cold air of indifference even if that wasn't quite his intention. He didn't know what Oliver was trying to do or where he really wanted to go. The man seemed to be wandering wherever he pleased just like him. Maybe he too was lost. When Nachtum had set out for this continent he had done so with the hope he would find some answers and eventually return home. Though that seemed like a far off dream. With the only clue he had being those strange dreams, and whatever he had saw when he passed out. The memory of it was hazy. He couldn't just go chasing apparitions of his mind for clues. But they felt like more than just dreams it was just too... vivid. He put that out of his mind for now surrendering himself to the present.

Now here they were with this caravan of various "adventurers" as they called them. He still puzzled how he had bene roped into this, but the fact of the matter was that he was a foreign man in foreign land. With no way of making money starvation was a likely event. Still though, this place was incredibly backwards. And boy did he miss the things he had taken for granted. Namely air conditioning. "This heat is brutal enough without you making noise Oliver." Nachtum managed to force the words out as they walked. The sun well and truly bearing down on them. He was so sweaty his hair had lost its spikey luster, and now hung down and over his face threatening to obscure his vision. His gaze went to further ahead in the caravan where the rest of the adventurer squad lay. He had seen a couple but didn't have any words with them yet. For now he was with the ornery Elf trying to weather this heat. Heavens forbid they get attacked by daemons; he preferred not to fight at all if he didn't have too.

Last edited:
Mentions: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars EMIYAman EMIYAman Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo Orikanyo Orikanyo
OOC: All skills, abilities, and titles are free to use outside of combat, and so long as it makes sense narratively. Any combat/obstacles will trigger cooldowns and mechanical limitations. I will be able to post every 1-2 days, and want to make sure everyone feels involved and acknowledged. Real life happens so if you can't reply for whatever reason, that's fine! I can have plenty of reasons why your PC was distracted or otherwise, just me know! I can always hold a post for a day or two if necessary for people. There isn't going to be a posting order so long as you aren't excessive in your replies(outside combat), and if your posts requires more information on the setting/landscape than you have, by all means, contact me and I will gladly be of help!
Time: 2:50pm
Goal: Safely deliver the caravan and it's goods through the desert, and find an otherwise, mythical city at it's center.
Weather: Sweltering heat with no end in sight, clear skies, burning sands
Post Listening:

9a039a54223124c37a4057dc5bdfe37b.jpg

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
The caravan crested a sloped dune, the angle was a struggle for the wagons, but soon the sun greeted them unabated as they were high enough to have a look over the wastes before them. Those who had sharp eyes could see, in the furthest distance, the silhouette of a grand city obscured in clouds of sand. Roost Rock stretched his legs, and looked out toward all the potential danger, and potential out there; waiting for them. The burn across his face remained a reminder that he should never let greed claim his heart, for it would only lead to death out here. "I do not doubt your skills Miss Su Chen, my ears receive many names of worthwhile adventurers, and yours is one I want to invest in" He said, she may have yet to meet a merchant such as him. Where friendship, loyalty, and merchandise were interchangeable words to him. He saw the marketable value in everything.

"If growth is what you're looking for, then this is a the hellhole for you. If the heat feels like it warps time itself here, you're not crazy" He showed her a gold filigreed glass orb no larger than the size of his palm "This my dear is filled with the purest sand I could get my hands on in this desert, and will show us the way. It is not the length of time that is difficult here, it is the terrain and abhorrent spawn such harsh elements produce. I mean hell, do you know what did this? take a guess?-wrong" Interrupting any response with a serious gaze and firm point "A steam breathing lizard called A geyser serpents. They haunt salt flats in these lands like a curse, most creatures kill to eat and that is a law of nature I can understand; Have you ever seen anything feast on terror before? The steam they breathe on people secrets a gas that comes from it's victims pain. It's pretty fucked up right? I got lucky because it was busy eating my friends..." He chuckled and waved his hand dismissively "We don't have to worry though, our route takes use far away from any salt flats they may call home!" He said, trying to lighten the mood he may have dimmed.

"It can be difficult to find even a remotely courageous warrior to traverse the desert if they know things like that exist in it. I'd say our most realistic obstacle is going to be a bandit group, probably spied on our trip all the way from Ryken. I don't carry mundane merchandise so it stands to reason fools would flock to a handsome old caravanner" He said, laughing. "Though I hope my trust in some of the others isn't...misplaced" He said with a quirk of his good brow, as he looked back toward Oli and Nachtum. He supposed the desert would take some time getting used to, even if that was getting used to be miserable for awhile.

Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo
The carriage behind Roost Rock kept up smoothly as it quieted rider absorbed the text floating above this curious being's head. She tilted her head back left, and then right, mulling it over before shaking her head "No I like it...you are like my tattoos" She said, unbuttoning an arm sleeve, and revealing a hexagonal shapes shimmering with different colors with inky black discs shifting and moving around them. "Do you like them? They have all sorts of uses...I would've died in the desert without them" She said, raising her hand and one of the hexagons drifting across her arm and moved to her palm before brightening; Bathing them in a blue glow as she gave a small smile. She was rather quiet toward most of the company they kept, but TMK was someone different and she found that rather interesting. "I'll have to use them if we encounter any nasties" She said, flexing a revealing some muscle of her own. that smile growing a bit as she looked at TMK, opening up more to him.

Orikanyo Orikanyo EMIYAman EMIYAman
Those of the caravan who could not fit on the four wagons were forced to walk in pace with them; every stop was a chance to switch out those who needed shade and were on the verge of heat exposure sickness. Roost Rock had paid a pretty penny for these wagons as they were enchanted to be cool on the inside, and allowed for longer travel across the desert. Roost Rock had made it clear that those who weren't adept to the climate were not allowed to use the cooled interior until they spent what he called a 'suffecient' amount of time understanding the hell they signed up for. Oli and Nachtum were assigned to the second to last cart where Roost's Second-In-Command took the reigns. He found it amusing, if a little concerning, she took an interest in the two. He supposed she'd be the fastest method of adjusting.

"
Hey you two! If ya keep complaining, the hot air is gonna dry out your idiot lungs!
" Dodger barked from the wagon they were dragging their heels next to. "If The Adventurer's Guild got you out here, it was probably to put down an old dog down" She Said with an excessive, snorty laugh. It was easy to tell she was young; Some would call her spunky, while most called her rude. She is a fit, half-elf adorned in grey military fatigues with a stark white tunic that matched the intensity of her hair. Eyes of piercing vermillion bemused by the duo. A gleaming broadsword strapped to her back with a handle nearly 4 inches above her head. The old elf's threat made her snicker as she nearly busted up "You're funny when you're mad! I wouldn't get too mad or else you might summon an efreeti on us~" She teased, making spooky fingers in front of her exaggerated face.

"How about you smiles? You really seem new to everything around here or does your face always look constipated" She said, sticking her tongue out at Nachtum before laughing again, cheerful and fast mouthed. "Sometimes black clothes can come in handy in the hot weather, but you want it to draw heat away from your essential parts ya dingus. I guess it's gonna be a breathing crash course for you otherwise you are going to breathe yourself into a flippin' coma at this rate. Monsters are gonna be the least of your problems, the sand swallows you up just as easily as any jacklewere or naga. Oh! How about we make it a game? whoever can control their breathing and push through the sand at the same time will get some time in the wagon with yours truly. The loser gets do remedial studies with me next bed down"

f3784c72ad59e39a948342fa651ca29d.jpg

1659029665226.png
Su Chen

She wanted to complain, to even throw a tantrum like her children used to, but none of that would make the sun and desert give them sanctuary from the overwhelming heat. She had sweat in places that she didn't know she could sweat and sunburn on places she had never had sunburn on. She preferred to ride in silence, but their employer and guide had different plans. At least he was passing out compliments. Su Chen chuckled softly when the man confessed he found her worth investing in. It seemed that she was winning over the NPCs. Not that they mattered. Geyser Serpents, now that sounded like something worth fighting and testing her strength against. The herculean woman leaned back in her seat, one leg thrown over the other and her arms folded across her cheat. "I get that you're a merchant and not a warrior, but to leave your own allies behind while they were eaten by desert beasts? Something tells me you didn't even bother to hunt the creatures down afterward and avenge your fallen comrades." Merchants like Roost were usually spineless little cowards and although the man was willing to cross this perilous desert, greed was probably his drive and not bravery. But people like him made the world go round, even in this new world it seemed.

"Bandits, geyser serpents, sand worms, I'm not foolish enough to think that I could beat any and everything this desert might hurl at us, but I can say I will give my all to fight whatever decides to challenge our caravan." Talk of other warriors made Su Chen wonder how things were going in the back for the other hired swords. She poked her head out and peaked around to look at the other wagons. She could hear shouting but couldn't discern the words or the topic of conversation, "Say we do get attack, by anything, and you die, how do we find the city? Is there magic involved or anything like that?" Her head turned back to the scarred caravanner, her serious tone matched by her deadpan expression. This would be a tough place to be lost in and the last thing she wanted to to be stranded with no sort of guide and a host of people to protect.

Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid

Oliver Delselmon
"O sure thats easy for you to say you're used to this..." the old(not) man grumbled most uncharacteristically. His eyes, instead of glowering, decided to look on the... Encroaching gigantic sandstorm that was raging not too far off to be comfortable.. but not close enough to be extremely worrying. It hung between that boundary between anxiety inducing and placid interest. Suffice to say it was plenty disturbing to see. And if he knew anything about narrative causality, that it being there means one of two things.

One, they are going to need to meet it at some point.

Two, it's a big red herring and set piece they have nothing to do with.

And their threat was going to come from somewhere else.

Its just a thing he's noticed since his life started to end up like a story, jumping from chapter and scene seeing odd things and meeting odd people as he makes his way in the LITERAL magical fantasy world. Was he stuck in a story? Written by some insane author with a penchant for making their characters suffer? An author probably sitting in a well air conditioned room eating slightly stale pretzels and typing away at a computer!?

Well it didn't matter, he had to buck up and stop complaining.

"Oh sure that sounds fun, maybe we can stay up all night and tell ghost stories and share tales about how we've almost been eaten by monsters in the past...

...That doesn't actually sound to bad in truth. A cook out in a cold desert does sound like fun now that I think of it." The elven man started have his mind on others things, forcing himself to stop complaining for a minute or two. "Well, if anything, whats with the gigantic sandstorm? as a lightning caster myself the lightning within that beast looks quite unpleasant to say the least, you always have those storms locally?" he asked the half elven woman, she looked intimidating, but also... sounded approachable at least. Like a gym buddy. Or somebody you'd have a drink with and never truely know what their job was.

And never really asking because your afraid it might end up with you in a garbage bag.

...But hey she was still a looker.

EMIYAman EMIYAman Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid

The carriage behind Roost Rock kept up smoothly as it quieted rider absorbed the text floating above this curious being's head. She tilted her head back left, and then right, mulling it over before shaking her head "No I like it...you are like my tattoos" She said, unbuttoning an arm sleeve, and revealing a hexagonal shapes shimmering with different colors with inky black discs shifting and moving around them. "Do you like them? They have all sorts of uses...I would've died in the desert without them" She said, raising her hand and one of the hexagons drifting across her arm and moved to her palm before brightening; Bathing them in a blue glow as she gave a small smile. She was rather quiet toward most of the company they kept, but TMK was someone different and she found that rather interesting. "I'll have to use them if we encounter any nasties" She said, flexing a revealing some muscle of her own. that smile growing a bit as she looked at TMK, opening up more to him.
TMK - > ([ Quiet Rider ]) - ([ Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid ])
1659033768691.png

[Relationship.Alignments.Sys]
[Neutral]
([Neutral Positive])
({Positive})
<Negative>
{-----------}

TMK's mouth remained flat, though if they had a voice a small hum would've been heard. Examining the hexagonal glowing tattoos on this lady's arm, the codeforged at first mistook it for another form of Code Essence, but that feeling was quickly disregarded as they didn't feel that same twitch of recognition from when they came across the Hardlight Pieces back in Roost's office. Within those void-like ovals that were TMK's eyes were intrigue, a feeling whenever they gain new knowledge.

[I am positively effected by that compliment. Ms. These patterns on the Tattoo, along with the uses that you describe, help me find that I am not a lone bearer..]

Reaching a nubby arm upward, TMK's Code Essence began form, coating all over the arm in a glowing, squared effect.. Tiny squares floating off of it and dissipating into the desert's winds. With the other nub, they held it below the Code covered arm and let a few squares land on it. They then held that nub for the lady to see it.

[This is what I utilize for the elimination of hostiles. It has been noted that contact with this deteriorates or decays the subject at the points of contact, despite it's rather unassuming appearance.]
1659058652457.png

ppcJLWN.jpg

Raphael
Character Sheet

Mentions: Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Behind his childish demeanor and juvenile appearance, was cautiousness and maturity probably beyond his years. The time Raphael had spent with the local artisans in Ryken the past few days was time well spent. He discovered his latent talent in crafting and allowed it to bloom enough to prepare himself for the uncertainties the world had to offer.

Raphael was aware of the path he needed to take to improve himself further. He was in search for a mentor, someone to teach him how to actually fight and defend himself. However, fate was strange, and sometimes, things just don't turn out the way you want. Instead of the formal training that he wanted, Raphael found himself in the front cart of a caravan in the middle of a dessert. The reason behind his predicament was the cigarette-smoking elf beside him, Roost Rock, his recruiter. It wouldn't be fair to put all the blame on him though. Raphael wasn't that hard to convince. He simply gave him an offer, and Raphael agreed, immediately weighing the advantage of learning through practical and actual experience over a more confined manner.

Throughout their journey, Raphael quietly sat down and kept to himself. Partly observing their surroundings and partly tolerating the scorching heat they were bathing in. Apart from Roost Rock, an adventurer that went by then name Su Chen was with them in the first cart. She appeared stern and had an unyielding presence. Raphael wouldn't call her intimidating, but he would definitely think twice before approaching her. With his attention directed towards their surroundings, Raphael couldn't fully comprehend clearly everything else that was going on around him. It was as if his thoughts couldn't keep up. What made his focus falter though was the mention of death. This was not a concept that eluded Raphael, but it did take a backseat in his mind.

"De-death?" Raphael's physical age couldn't help but show itself as he stuttered. Turning to both Su Chen and Roost Rock, he appeared confused. "Who's dying? Roost Rock is? Wh-why?" Raphael wasn't feeling panicked, but cautious as he was reminded of the possibility of potential dread. It took him long enough, but this was probably the reason why he shouldn't have accepted Roost Rock's mission. Sadly, such a realization was made too late.

Last edited:
d8t1sk1-e6e47dbd-11d0-413e-9117-4e1e420587be.pngNachtum trudged along through the hot and dry desert air. Olivers voice was becoming a constant of this miserable experience. Nachtum had a favorable view of the Elf even if he remained somewhat distant. But he'd be lying if he said that in his addled state he hadn't considered strangling the man for some peace and quiet. The hadn't even been in the hot climate for all that long and Nachtum was already forming a pool around the collar of his shirt, his comfort be damned.

To add to his slowly but surely mounting headache was an armed and strange looking girl. Poking her head out the caravan and mocking the two's inability to handle the desert. He couldn't help but stare fascinated by her, though he had to move hair out his eyes to do so. Her appearance was one he had never seen before. The ears reminded him of Olviers yet different, along with the red eyes and pale colored hair being a far cry from anything familiar. He reasoned that like Oliver she wasn't human, though he was unsure if he should consider her an Elf or not.
"If the air does me in that'd be a mercy. And besides I'm not much of an adventurer..." Panting for a moment as he tried to gain enough composure to speak. "More like a hanger on." He had to admit she was far better dressed for their surroundings than he was, but their nothing he could do it about now other than shed more layers. And he was not doing that. Her mischievous yet kindly laugh and smile reminded Nachtum of a girl he once knew when he was a kid. The familiar mannerisms we're both comforting and a bitter pill to swallow. Knowing he could not return home was a sobering thought that never grew easier to handle.

He fell into a sullen silence for a time. He was roused by the girls proclamation of a "game". It was ridiculous. He was already tired, sweaty, burning up, and woefully low on morale. And his competitive side was in full swing.
"Your on." Suddenly possesed by a second wind he stood a bit straight and walked with a steady gait moving noticable slightly ahead of Oliver and consciously controlling his breathing as best he could. Though his constitution was hardly suited for endurance his will being stronger than his body.

Mentions: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo Orikanyo Orikanyo swagbert swagbert
OOC:
All skills, abilities, and titles are free to use outside of combat, and so long as it makes sense narratively. Any combat/obstacles will trigger cooldowns and mechanical limitations. I will be able to post every 1-2 days, and want to make sure everyone feels involved and acknowledged. Real life happens so if you can't reply for whatever reason, that's fine! I can have plenty of reasons why your PC was distracted or otherwise, just me know! I can always hold a post for a day or two if necessary for people. There isn't going to be a posting order so long as you aren't excessive in your replies(outside combat), and if your posts requires more information on the setting/landscape than you have, by all means, contact me and I will gladly be of help!
Time: 3:20pm
Goal: Safely deliver the caravan and it's goods through the desert, and find an ,otherwise, mythical city at it's center.Weather: Sweltering heat with no end in sight, storm clouds to the distant north, burning sands
Post Listening:

b899181d92f03f373a37323ece712e7d.jpg

The lush fields of green, and trees abloom were no longer visible as the caravan traveled deeper into The Blind Desert. Time already felt stretched out and lethargic here, every minute feeling longer than the last; A caravanner on each wagon stood with looking glasses, surveying for any danger. The storm in the distance brewing like an angry witch, flashing with lightning and vitriol. Some of the lookouts pointing toward it before pointing to the sky and firing off a blue flare. There wasn't an alarming reaction, but the other members of that weren't in the driver's seats started to prepare. Roost Rock had made it clear that any deviations to the route should be avoided, preparing for the torrential weather with preparation. Each wagon crew rolling out a scroll inside and planting their hands on it's surface. Ink spreading from the scroll paper and scrawled sigils across the wagon's canvas. There was no discernable change otherwise, and the caravanners returned to their posts with a follow-up green flare. Both them and the storm inching closer to a head on collision.

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars swagbert swagbert
The flare didn't rouse Roost Rock as he took Su Chen's words in. They weren't an easy pill to swallow and he could see many men crumbling under such harsh observations. His remaining eye looking up toward the streak of blue in the sand bitten sky. It was difficult to discern what he was feeling, partly from the disfiguration, partly from the plume of cigarette smoke spilling from his cracked lips. "Have you lost people I wonder? Such a champion as yourself? I'd want to believe not...you're strong enough to protect everyone huh? I'm jealous really. I've good business sense, but could never pick up fighting proper; Now my brother? He was the definition of strength-" Something catching in his throat as he flicked the stub out into the sands, she could see moisture collect at the edge of his scorched eye before the heat sizzled it away, a deep sadness contorting his face for a moment.

You gotta stop with that smoking crap, why not give that big brain of yours a rest huh, find a better outlet? Oh! I know! come train with me! I know I know, but You can't calculate everything little brother, sometimes the best things in life are a little risky huh?-

"I am confident you can handle anything this desert throws at you, you remind me alot of someone I knew. Granted, without the sass" His moment of weakness passing as he reeled himself back into the present. "All of the wagon drivers, carry a Sphinx Eye" He removed from his tunic, a spherical object made of crystalline glass. A constant storm of sand brewed within this glass orb

A momentary interruption making Roost Rock realize that he had brought a bright eyed squirt with them; Su Chen's remarks causing an unexpected stir in Roost that made him, for the moment, forget about the boy. He laid a hand down atop Raphael's head and chuckled "Not if I can help it Kid, I earn some good money doing this trip a few times a year so I make sure I get the best I can afford. I am confident in this party. The real trick is that as spooky as this desert can be...it's just an allegory..er" did he understand that word? Raphael had some unique skillsets that he saw value in, but felt a nagging worry about this one's 'mental' preparedness "It's like everywhere else on planet huh? Everywhere is incredibly dangerous when the reagents mix just wrong. I mean Ryken? I love the city, but damn is it hiding some ugly thigh highs know what i mean?-er..." Roost curbing any of his more explicit explanations for the boy "Just stay close to me and Su Chen alright? This is good experience that can get you ahead in this kind of life, but don't push yourself alright? I hardly get enough sleep as it is, and I don't need your cute almond face robbing me of my last hour and fifteen minutes"

"This cost me a pretty penny, but since I came up with the materials myself. I managed to get more than one" He offered the Sphinx Eye to Su Chen, dropping in her hand "It will always lead you to Shalzahaad. The sand inside comes straight from it's territory and will always lead back home. They require only five pounds of pressure to break so you must keep it somewhere it will not break." He advised. The first wagon only eighty feet away from this storm, and it seemed for all intents and purposes, they were heading straight through "The wards will keep us safe, but everyone else needs to get on a wagon before we reach that damn thing" He said, standing up with one of the reigns in hand, cupping one side of his mouth.

"
Get your asses in a wagon. NOW. Each bubble covers the wagons and five feet of space around them. If you decide to test this for some dumb ass reason, well that'll be your last decision"

Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo
She couldn't help but be intrigued by this curious being, something she's never seen before. She put her sleeve back down as she watched TMK's code essence. Her eyes widening gradually as she was almost hypnotized by the colors and shifting geometry. She wanted to touch it, but resisted the urge. her head cocking as they requested to be taken to the source of her tattoo designs. She would've brushed it off as a coincidence, but this one was far too similar to the ruins the caravan had come across before. "Digital Acid" She mused curiously about his code essence "The route we're taking should bring us close to the ruins. I could ask Roost Rock if you like. I'm sure he wouldn't mind if it's important for you to find family". The light of his code essence reflecting off her mostly obscured face. A different source of light shifting her focus as a blue flare was fired and she immediately stood up, flourishing her cape and revealing two holsters as she pulled out strange looking weaponry. She removed a flare round from a hidden bandolier and slotted it in, snapping it shut. She stepped on the front of carriage where the lantern holster lay bare, and propped her foot up as she aimed straight toward the storm, firing an arched flare of bright orange that soared across the wagons and carried far into the storm where it's light vanished, and then after a moment, a secondary brighter orange flash illuminated the inside of the storm, or at the very least illuminate the range it could. This was a method of tracking possible debris, obstacles, and enemies.

"Don't like storms"

"Don't be like that, I mean we all come from humble beginnings right? well not me, I've always been great" She said with a snort, smart mouthed and twice as cocky. "Hey that's actually not the shittiest idea i've heard, I bet you got some good ones don't'chya? A mangy dog maybe? or some hermit with a stick?" She teased, figuring this elf has actually seen some shit, though it was strange for someone who looked her age to be groaning and complaining like an old man. She found it pretty amusing, so it didn't bother her. A hum vibrating off her lips as she thought about his storm inquiries "Those storms, whenever they go beyond the desert, just straight up dissipate. It's some wild shit to see. You do lightning? Well I wouldn't go around saying that to any of the desert locals. They believe magic users just like you are the ones creating them. That is some lizard-people-taking-over-Ryken-nobility levels of conspiracy bullshit. I think it's just all the death, dismay, and hatred for heat stress that causes them" She said with a shrug, seemingly uninterested in where they came from, her attention turning toward Nacht "Don't worry smiles, I'll make sure you don't die of heat exhaustion. All you have to do is make sure I don't die of boredom. Deal? Deal" She said, chuckling and clapping her toned thigh; Her eyes looking up toward the flare as that blue light bathed the wagons in it's momentary light. A follow-up flare being fired from the cart ahead of them that illuminated the storm they seemed to be moving toward "Looks like you both with the game! congrats, now get the fuck in here before you get jerkified" She said, taking both of their arms when they were in reach and yanking them both onto the driver's bench with her
"So those flares are essentially tellin us, we're using our fancy new magic shit Roost bought and plowing through the storm. This is gonna be fun!"

1659637221914.pngSu Chen

Su Chen head spun, nearly snapping her own neck, when she heard the soft voice of a child behind them. She hadn't been aware of the boy's presence until just now and found it quite curious that a child had been brought along. Before she could say anything about it however, Roost spoke of losing people. The proximity of the storm and the blazing of flares went by unnoticed as Su Chen's mind took a trip down memory lane. She had lost her husband's love and affection years ago and then lost him again when he didn't visit her on her deathbed. Perhaps that was not what Roost meant, but her husband and children were all lost to her now, forever out of her reach, never to e spoken to or looked upon again. She came to, hearing about roost's brother and how he spoke of the man in past tense. "I have lost my husband and my children." She declared. She relinquished a heavy sigh, leaning against the beam which supported the canvas of the caravan. "It takes more than just strength to hold on to those you love."

Her gaze shifted to the desert while Roost spoke to the boy. Now she could see the flares and figured they were a way of communicating between wagons. The storm that he warned about was getting closer and although she was ready to fight, there was a child now that would also need to be protected. Roost was surprisingly...making an effort to reassure and comfort the boy. Su Chen smirked and shook her head. "Roost is right." She said with a grin. "We will keep you safe and do our best to protect everyone else as well." She flashed Raphael a smile before she looked to Roost as he handed her the Sphinx's Eye. She was grateful for the backup plan as she didn't like putting all of her eggs in one basket, especially not in this type of situation.

As their guide instructed everyone to get hunkered down in their wagons, Su Chen placed the Sphinx's Eye in her jacket pocket and fastened the button to ensure it was closed. "What exactly are you doing out here, Kid?" Su Chen asked the boy. Surely he wasn't here as part of the protection detail.

Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid swagbert swagbert

Oliver the very hot elf
God this was hell, wait, why did it feel like things were about to get worse! Oh, great, yokels gonna blame him for the desert storm? Of course, well, surely they were just gonna go around it...

....Right...?

Oh...

Oh no...

At the younger(?) Half elf's behest he tried to get in the carriage, only to be yoinked in himself, his ass and legs flailing as he was head first into the back and legs still in the front. His round tush the fulcrim of this balance beam of dumbassery.

"Why in blaze- Oh this is rather nice and cool in here Naucht come see this it feels wonderful." He considered the carriage heaven more than anything after all that heat... Was she really climatizing them all this time!?

"Look sweetheart surely... Eagle roost or whomever is misstaken why in blazes would you go INTO a sandstorm of that caliber?" He asked, head still in the back as he wiggled and waggled to try and get back into a sitting position. "I'm well and capable of bringing people back from the brink." He flashed a look at Nacht, and gave a shrug. "But a body disintegrated by lightning is well and beyond my capabilities!!!

I don't think anybody could..." he sighed, his slight wistfullness belied by the gigantic brewing storm ahead...

"...You certain these carriages will be safe yes?"

Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid EMIYAman EMIYAman

d8t1sk1-e6e47dbd-11d0-413e-9117-4e1e420587be.pngNachtum continued his travels with the caravan despite himself he was finding the desert almost tolerable. A remarkable improvement to before. Nachtum was strong, stronger than most in fact. His body couldn't keep up with itself for long however. Quick fights and bursts of activity were his bread and butter, but a prolonged period of activity was practically putting one foot in the grave for him. The dry air of the desert suffused him. Nachtum was still riding off his second wind from before, but not for much longer. They say pride cometh before the fall. And Nachtum was finding himself quite willing to swallow said pride.

Ahead of the caravan lay an uncanny scene. To the north brewed storm cloud lightning clearly noticeable even from their current distance. It was almost abnormal the sight of a lightning storm clashed with the sandy landscape. Storms happened even in a place like this it seemed. Seeing one in such a vast open space compared to the towering buildings of the city was quite novel. Really made you feel small, compared to nature. Where before it felt manageable and nothing that dangerous besides the odd lightning strikes this felt truly ominous and downright dangerous. A flare of blue light lit the sky drawing his eyes in curious fascination. He noticed as the member of the caravan steadily in practiced motions took out scrolls and did some sort of thing with them he couldn't discern the reason for. Even the girl who had taken to engaging him and Oliver didn't seem to perturbed. Just prepared. He eyed her as she suddenly told them to climb into the carriage. Before he could put forth any questions she gripped his arm and pulled him into the carriage. His eye widened at the sudden contact and strength the girl just showed off. She was easily a few heads shorter than him yet she had picked him up with barely any effort. Nachtum was admittedly impressed and a little unsettled.

For most of his life if it was inhuman it was likely a Daemon. Encountering all these new races was a bit difficult for him to get used to without tensing up reflexively. It helped that they looked mostly human save some features, but there were moments where the difference was apparent. "That something we should be worried about?" He asked the girl, gesturing to the brewing storm. He kept his cool and calm demeanor but as Oliver had reminded him with words and a brief look. He had died due to lightning once and while it didn't bother him as much as the average person he couldn't help but get a bit anxious. "Roost, is that the guy who hired us?" Nachtum hadn't met the man he had merely been dragged along with Oliver practically by accident. Though he had needed to cross the desert, so it worked out in the end. At Oliver's apparent wariness over whether or not the carriages would be sufficient protection he couldn't help but smirk, albeit briefly before he wiped the humor off his face. He could see where the Elfs worry came from but worrying about it wouldn't help things. They would just have to trust that these guys knew what they were doing. Nachtums hand slightly shaking as he gripped his sword was just mere happenstance.

She couldn't help but be intrigued by this curious being, something she's never seen before. She put her sleeve back down as she watched TMK's code essence. Her eyes widening gradually as she was almost hypnotized by the colors and shifting geometry. She wanted to touch it, but resisted the urge. her head cocking as they requested to be taken to the source of her tattoo designs. She would've brushed it off as a coincidence, but this one was far too similar to the ruins the caravan had come across before. "Digital Acid" She mused curiously about his code essence "The route we're taking should bring us close to the ruins. I could ask Roost Rock if you like. I'm sure he wouldn't mind if it's important for you to find family". The light of his code essence reflecting off her mostly obscured face. A different source of light shifting her focus as a blue flare was fired and she immediately stood up, flourishing her cape and revealing two holsters as she pulled out strange looking weaponry. She removed a flare round from a hidden bandolier and slotted it in, snapping it shut. She stepped on the front of carriage where the lantern holster lay bare, and propped her foot up as she aimed straight toward the storm, firing an arched flare of bright orange that soared across the wagons and carried far into the storm where it's light vanished, and then after a moment, a secondary brighter orange flash illuminated the inside of the storm, or at the very least illuminate the range it could. This was a method of tracking possible debris, obstacles, and enemies.
"Don't like storms"
TMK - [^Silent Rider^] Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid
[^Neutral Positive^]

{———}

[An accurate portrayal hypothetically. I am curious whether or not it can be utilized to conjure different effects, but attempts have not garnered results in the time being.] They replied as Code Essence retreated back into their eye, disappearing within the oval void.

The orb saw the lady’s curiosity well up in large amounts as she witnessed their essence, in which in their eyes was understandable considering Roost’s reaction to them identifying the Hardlight chunks.

Then what she said next made them stare.. silently too for a few minutes. There was a source where Roost found those chunks, ruins.. If there was more there, it could possibly lead to a clue about TMK's existence.. The other thing though, that intrigued them more. Family.

[… Question: What is a family?] Their text came out, a little brighter than usual too, likely emphasizing how genuine the question was.

Last edited:
Mentions: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars EMIYAman EMIYAman Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo Orikanyo Orikanyo
OOC:
All skills, abilities, and titles are free to use outside of combat, and so long as it makes sense narratively. Any combat/obstacles will trigger cooldowns and mechanical limitations. I will be able to post every 1-2 days, and want to make sure everyone feels involved and acknowledged. Real life happens so if you can't reply for whatever reason, that's fine! I can have plenty of reasons why your PC was distracted or otherwise, just me know! I can always hold a post for a day or two if necessary for people. There isn't going to be a posting order so long as you aren't excessive in your replies(outside combat), and if your posts requires more information on the setting/landscape than you have, by all means, contact me and I will gladly be of help!
Time: 4:30pm
Goal: Safely deliver the caravan and it's goods through the desert, and find an ,otherwise, mythical city at it's center.
Weather: Sweltering heat with no end in sight, in the midst of a sandstorm, burning sands are swirling around their barriers
Post Listening:

0779185ad6d29e7b00513802b8af359e.jpg

The storm stretched for miles from end to end for miles; Akin to to a wall of lightning and sand. It was hard not to be worried in some capacity, but Roost Rock as a flagship for his caravan; Su Chen and the other drivers seeing him raise his hand in an unknown gesture with strange magic glinting from his fingers; to those who are first traveling with them it was unknown, but to his men and women. It was a sign of trust and courage. Anyone whom could appraise such things could try and discern He returned to his seat as the clouds met with the first carriage; Those with good appraisal would see sand clinging and sweeping across an unseen barrier that left the carriage itself, untouched. This same effect happening to the other three carriages as the storm swallowed them up as well. Thunder causing the ground to shake with each rumble as though they were entering the gates of some water starved hell.
stange_handsign_4049.jpg

Roost Rock's nerves were calm despite the torrential danger around them; He had worked these glyphs more times than he could count, and pissed off Dodger with each request for another stress test. He did not doubt her hard work or the others who made this among the only caravans who could traverse these lands. The view from inside the bubble was stressful at first, but it muffled a great deal of the sound created by seething rock and thunder, so it soon became eerily peaceful as each caravan moved through the storm at a steady pace. The view was obscured for the most part, but flashes of lightning allowed for glimpses into the heavy maelstrom. It would take time to acclimate to this new form of travel, but he knew this would cut travel time down drastically so it was damn well worth it.

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars swagbert swagbert

"I am coining this as storm travel, a little different at first...but the less time in this desert is equivalent to the time we get to enjoy on this planet of ours" He said, twirling his hand as he continued to speak about this new method of his "I am hoping to patent it and sell it to shipwrights; imagine being able to tackle storms at sea without losing your men or cargo? Sounds lucrative to me" He said with a chuckle, trying to alleviate the tension that was hard-pressed against their now claustrophobic journey. Roost's glass eye on the burnt side of his face beginning to glow bright yellow, scanning the horizon through the storm and keeping them on track until they passed through this great natural beast, he looked over at Su Chen and showed her the gesture he made once again; small circles of energy encircling his thumb, index, and pinkie finger. "You have lost parts of your very being and for that I deeply sorry. This is called the 'Kruik Guide', based off the dimorian god of travel, sun, and mercantile. It vows in threes, your heart, your body, your kin. If these are kept sacred. We are never lost. You and I have have both lost our kin...I was more vague earlier about what happened...you see the one whom flung me off the side of the cliff in safety...was my son" He said heavily "He was my only remaining connection to his mother, and what did I do? fill his head with adventure and promise" He scoffed at himself, looking off into the storm as thunder rolled across their carriage "Be careful being too good at you're job...you might get stuck somewhere you hate" He grumbled, falling into silence as he looked over their trip ledgers in distraction.

Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo

She continued to listen intently to her strange new friend all the while she kept an eye on the storm's environment. She seemed more nervous than she had been, but it was the first time she traveled this way, and while Roost Rock made his assurances. She couldn't help but still feel a pit in her stomach as their trip had become quiet as they were in a lantern lit bubble surrounded by a frenzied sandstorm. "I bet if you keep working at it, it will grow" She said, unclipping the face covering and revealing a tattooed jaw with the same geometric patters; holographic lip stick shifting and changing as she used this time to drink from her canteen. Her eyes widening slightly as she read the more emphasized text that appeared above his head a moments later, nearly choking on water before she screwed the cap back on and wiped her mouth.

"
Family is who you can count on no matter what, They can be those who raised you, but it can also be people who stumble in your life and become apart of it" It was the longest she had talked, and they would notice it made her nervous when she did so, choosing to go silent once again as she poked her thumbs together in sheepish thought, and she smiled slightly "So you could say by that point, this caravan is my family..." She said, her smile lingering as she the fear of the storm ebbed ever so slightly as they talked about family.

EMIYAman EMIYAman Orikanyo Orikanyo

Oliver's ass over tea kettle stunt got a genuine laugh out of Dodger, as she gave his a rump a few playful slaps "Your ass tells me you eat pretty damn well stringbean!" She said, snorting and seeming unfazed by the storm engulfing them and the barrier maintaining a strong, but small bubble of security. "Yea the cooling scrolls are pretty cool huh? Roost saw my awesome ice magic one day and bam, crammed it into some paper!" She knew she was grossly understating the complexity of what she just said, but she didn't care. Magic came naturally to her and she was glad she didn't need to do any of that 'nerd shit' the other spell flingers did. Her jovial nature making her almost delightful "Eagle Rock? I'll have to call him that; Yea I know it's crazy right? He has crackpot ideas, but he gets results so I trust that. Well you are healing my boredom, can't be mad at good looking company. I mean you two must be honored" She was confident, arrogant even, but she gave Oliver a wink. Her attention swiveling over to Nacht as she slumped down to the wagon floor and started diddling with cards she dug out of her pouch. "Storms here are definitely something to be worried about, if it weren't for these runes=" She reached up and patted the thin strip of runes lining every edge of the wagon "-We'd be the fastest corpses this side of The Barbed East. It is damn near impossible to predict what the hell is gonna stir the pot this time around; This desert seems to be a hot spot for hell trash, cult shit, and all manner of pains in my pretty ass--

----What the fuck is that" Her form a blur as she stood up and leaped up to the top of the wagon, careful to kneel so she didn't breach the barrier. Her burgundy eyes looking toward a large silhouette in the darkness of the sand. A lightning strike illuminating the area around them, and revealing at a farther distance away a large structure was moving toward them. Oliver and Nacht would be able to see this shape, but any further details would require them to focus. Dodge clambered back down and prepared to launch a warning flare, but the two would have the floor on acting first.

Oliver Delselmon
af8268ba74b8dfdb7d201ee170149838.jpg

Upon a pat upon his rump the man yelped in a tone one might consider pleasing, but he was quick to scramble into the carriage, floping inside and enveloping himself in the lovely coolness... It was a lovely brief rest from the terrible heat all around them... Though... he now can the contension of the fact the storm was now litterally outside the barrier that was formed around the caravan. Which, in of it'self is quite troubleing.

Even if this woman was quite used to the whole thing, she seemed quite handy in a pinch, but sure as hell he was worried that the barrier will fall and this will mean a freshly cooked high elf and co.

But... she did say that they had done this many times right?

Right?

Should be comepletely fine and without issue!

Nothing to worry about!

Nothing at all!

...Wait... Why was she worried? Why? Was there trouble? What was... He peered out into the dark, he couldn't quite hear anything as the storm raged around them like a tiger biting at every possible source or entry into the bubble that surrounded them. The elven fellow peered out into the darkness... Spotting the... Thing...?

Oliver took a moment to focus, utilizing his Appraisal Skill to try and ping out what exactly it was... His hand on his staff, just in case.

(Skills used, Appraisal, prepared to magic it up)

Su Chen

The last thing that she expected was to have some thing in common with Roost, but here they were bonding over the loss of their loved ones. It was weird because she had never had someone to talk to about such a thing, but until recently she had assumed everyone in this world was some form of artificial life. And while she wasn't sure what Roost was, she was sure that his pain and suffering was just as great as her own. "I...lost my children in another world." She started to explain just as the storm would wash over their wagon, bringing an eerie silence to the conversation. "Long before I died they were like strangers to me already; distant and uninterested in their poor mother."

Her eyes stared out at the swirling sand and violent lightning, watching with an empty stare while old memories played in her mind. "My husband was the same way. I thought that laying on my death bed I would get to see them all, but I was wrong." She let out a heavy sigh, running her hand back over the top of her head. "Since being reborn here though...I have rediscovered myself and...met some great people." she spoke without context, but honestly didn't care whether Roost understood her or not. She was sure the man wasn't a real person because so far she hadn't met many of them so they had to be rare.

But thinking back to the people that she'd crossed paths with so far, she felt happier than she had been in her previous life. Perhaps that was a sign. "I'm sure they're all just fine without me, living their lives uninterrupted." Her gaze finally trailed back to Roost where she started to wake from her daydreaming. "If there were a way to get back what you've lost...would you take it?" She asked the question in a somewhat hushed tone as she stared at Roost, as if what she was asking was forbidden.

Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid

She continued to listen intently to her strange new friend all the while she kept an eye on the storm's environment. She seemed more nervous than she had been, but it was the first time she traveled this way, and while Roost Rock made his assurances. She couldn't help but still feel a pit in her stomach as their trip had become quiet as they were in a lantern lit bubble surrounded by a frenzied sandstorm. "I bet if you keep working at it, it will grow" She said, unclipping the face covering and revealing a tattooed jaw with the same geometric patters; holographic lip stick shifting and changing as she used this time to drink from her canteen. Her eyes widening slightly as she read the more emphasized text that appeared above his head a moments later, nearly choking on water before she screwed the cap back on and wiped her mouth.

"
Family is who you can count on no matter what, They can be those who raised you, but it can also be people who stumble in your life and become apart of it" It was the longest she had talked, and they would notice it made her nervous when she did so, choosing to go silent once again as she poked her thumbs together in sheepish thought, and she smiled slightly "So you could say by that point, this caravan is my family..." She said, her smile lingering as she the fear of the storm ebbed ever so slightly as they talked about family.
[TMK] --> [^Silent Rider^] - Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid

[Verbal encouragement appreciated, Ma'am.] TMK nodded in respect to their company on this caravan they've found themselves on. To the pink orb, they could say that this lady, while she hasn't revealed her name yet, is quite pleasing to interact with during these current risky times in the sandstorm and blistering heat. Very faintly, though unnoticed by TMK themselves, a tiny grin inched its way on their mouth... Another thing was that they didn't notice that they had scooched closer to her side, almost nuzzling against her like a puppy.

[Noted. For clarification that I've absorbed this information correctly: Family consists of of those who contributed to the birth and growth of an individual, or consist of people who enter one's lifetime and becomes a growing part of it. Is this correctly interpreted?] They asked.

Looking back out in front, they took notice of the faintly approaching structure in the storm.. Something was off.

[...Potential Hostile detected..] Their text popped out with sharper colors, meaning they were cautious.

Last edited:
d8t1sk1-e6e47dbd-11d0-413e-9117-4e1e420587be.pngGiving his weary legs some much needed rest Nachtum rested in the back of the carriage. He allowed himself the comfort of the cool interior. The sweat growing cold on his skin both refreshing, and rather uncomfortable. He slicked his hair back into his preferred spiked back shape. Otherwise it would just be in his face. He looked to the Elf Oliver and the small yet strong girl with a wit to match. A small smile graced his lips as he watched their antics. Oliver had a vitality to him that Nachtum had rarely ever seen the man was quite animated. And while he had just met Dodger she was surprisingly endearing. Well that and being a royal pain in the ass. He winced as he looked at the Elf. Literally in Oliver's case.

He cast his gaze onto the Runes that had been pointed out to him. They were another strange thing about this continent. Sure he had heard of Runes but it was old magic and never for something as mundane as air conditioning. He turned to Dodge, "There are cults out here, in all this sand?" He wore a curious expression with an eyebrow quirked. "I guess even here there ar-" Nachtums speech was interrupted by the combination of a particularly loud crack of lightning followed by the shouts of other members of the caravan. Dodger herself let out an exclamation at something. Getting up from his sit he went next to her and followed her gaze. His eyes widened as he beheld a large structure of some kind in the desert storm. And it was moving towards them. Unsure of what to make of it Nachtum grabbed his sword and prepared himself. He couldn't make out what it was, but his mind was telling him that the worst case scenario was a massive Daemon. He hoped that wasn't the case.

OOC:
Time: 4:40pm
Goal: Safely deliver the caravan and it's goods through the desert, and find an ,otherwise, mythical city at it's center.
Weather: Sweltering heat with no end in sight, in the midst of a sandstorm, burning sands are swirling around their barriers, and a shadow breaks through the sand to the confront them .
Post Listening:

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

The storm continued to rage on around the caravan, but Roost Rock managed to keep a sharp eye on their trek through the searing sand, though he still remained present as Su Chen talked. His face forlorn as he listened to her tale. He found her harrowing gaze to be eerily familiar. These long trips gave him too much time to himself; Helplessly trying to carve a sense out of these sands. The way she spoke from experience him wonder who she was to face death.

"
The child sometimes never understands how much we sacrifice for them; I'm sorry, truly. Reborn you say? I never did fancy magic, but reincarnation? Now that's my kind of magic" He said with a small smirk. There were rumors such people existed, but he hardly believed it, until now. "If there's a chance of being reborn than that means my own sparrow might of found his way to a different world entirely, that gives me hope. A debt I'll surely repay Miss Su Chen" He thought about her hypothetical and wondered what exactly he'd do to get Sparrow back. "Even if I could have them back...It wouldn't be like all our built up grief would go away would it?" He lamented; There moment being interrupted as a flash of light fired from the third carriage. He quickly stood as the red flare bathed them in a glow that meant warning of danger. What danger could withstand this storm? The flare's illumination revealing a wide around around them and breaking the shadow of this ominous threat.

ECnsNHZU8AEd5kE.jpg

Oliver recognized the shape very quickly before it broke through the sands around them with ease; it was believing that a ship could even exist out here let alone be hunting them, yet it was difficult to mistake the outline of sails and a figurehead. It became far worse than Oliver could have expected as a mile wide row of cliff sized teeth greeted the side of his caravan, nearly twenty feet away. The rest of the caravan could see it now as it paralleled with their route. A galleon sized monstrosity where the planks that made up it's body breathed like skin and crawled like snakes. Soot black wrappings seeming to have some hand in keeping such a massive construct together as they were woven tightly all across the ship's body. The Sails sand wrought and aged like old paper, though some manifestation of magic or unholy will kept it strongly together.

Movement could be seen on the deck as mummified creatures dressed in pirate gear ran from bow to stern, managing the duties the massive ship couldn't do on it's own. They lacked any will of their own and only served as it's drones, lacking any sentience or direction of their own. A roar pierced through the storm and vibrated around the barriers, even heard through them as it's baleful cry closed with an aggressive shut of it's jaw; the plants at it's bow twisting and contorting as it started to grin. Cannon doors on it's starboard side snapping open; Cannons priming to fire as a fight was now upon them in this tumultuous environment.

"
Battle position! Keep the people safe no matter what! Earn your paychecks mercs! I will use support magic to keep us safe from those cannons, the best fighters among you. Each caravan has an addition backup barrier scroll; those can be used on people aswell as these carts. I want you to board that ship and bring it down if you have to!" Roost Rock shouted to the other carts, a stone on the necklace he wore started to emit a faint white light as he carried his voice to his crew, the glow fading as he finished his call to action, looking toward Su Chen "We have our work cut out for us, legends says that a legendary manifestation of greed lurks the sands, lying in wait to feast and feast and feast. I didn't fucking know it'd hunted in storms!. I thought I was the only one crazy enough to try something like this, business like this is rarely for the mentally inclined. I can't believe Zileh-wogg exists, my luck tanked for the next decade after this string of it" He said, bitter at fate for shitting in his dinner; revealing a tome he kept at in a holster at his side. He sliced the air and pulled a spell from the now open pages. The sound forty feet around them condensed over multiple times in an instant and created three massive sandstone pillars that slowly orbited around the caravan. Roost Rock quickly taking a scroll out of another holster and offering it to Su Chen

"
This should allow you to do the work you're best at, up close and all. I am a resourceful wood elf so don't forget about me when you become famous yeah?"

Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo

The mysterious woman driving alongside TMK was not one for talk. She lived most of her life in silence, hardly even talking to her boss, preferring action to anything said. What made her so talkative with this curious being? She had a gnawing suspicious they were one, but the only code forger she knew of around here was-
She blinked, had they gotten closer? She couldn't help her curiosity.
"
That's right, stay true to those you call family, but sometimes; they must earn it" A rare, but present smile touching her lips as she quirked her head. Her hand reaching out and petting they're head. A sudden flash of light from the third carriage causing her to block her vision with her arm, and turn back toward the carriage with Dodger and the duo they that joined them.
"
Red means a threat, and....a shadow is approaching from our right flank
" She pulled a collapsible crossbow from her boot and loaded with a strange grey stone rod, readying as her tattoos started to encompass her face in geometrical shapes

Dodger wasted no time after firing the flare, drawing the sword off her back and speaking in a language only Nacht may have understood, Deamonic. "𝕲𝖆𝖑𝖆𝖈𝖍'𝖊𝖈𝖍𝖙 𝖐𝖞𝖓 𝖗𝖎𝖈𝖍'𝖛𝖆𝖓𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖉'𝖎𝖙𝖊" Her words causing the sword to ignite with black flame as she readied it at the massive monstrosity that glided across sand as though it were water. "No time to waste then, I'm going to kick it's ass and you can just yell a plan at me or some shit" She said, removing a scroll from her bag and whipping it open; runes immediately racing across her body as she kicked off the side of the caravan and into the storm. The barrier materializing around her just in time as she rammed her sword into the side, piercing the wood and causing blood to spray across the wagon and over Nacht and Oliver; viscious and black. Dodger bulging her arm muscles as she started to climb the ship with her sword hanging lopsided in her mouth. one of the other members of their wagon running up to Nacht, presenting a barrier scroll to him urgently "Please use it and get us through this alive, me and your friend will cover you two from here!"

1661350230520.pngSu Chen

Having this conversation was like being born again for the woman. She could feel a weight being lifted off of her as she vented and listened to Roost share his thoughts and experiences. What surprised Was how closely is feelings resembled her own, surely that wasn't possible. Since he spoke about resurrection as he did, it meant that he was not of another world, but was it possible for NPCs to be so human? People had been telling her again and again that those native to this world were not some computer program and were in fact living beings like herself. Until now she didn't believe that could be true. But Roost knew her pain so clearly and she could not accept that he was programemd to do so. "You're real...." She murmured. She saw the light reflecting on his face, giving him a reddish hue. Quickly she turned around to see what was happening, her eyes peering into the sandstorm for the first sign of danger.

She spotted the silhouette of a ship and smirked at the thought of busting some pirate heads, but then the real threat became apparent as the ship became more clear and revealed itself to be alive and monstrous. For a moment she felt chills run down her spine, but as she stared the monster in the eye, that anxiety turned into excitement and brought a smile to her face. She looked back at Roost and nodded her head. "Time to make new legends." The woman seemed more than excited, she seemed eager to fight in such a hazardous environment, against a foe that she had never seen before. In one fluid motion, she snatched the scroll from their elven guide and leapt from the wagon. For the briefest second she could feel and hear the sandstorm so clearly. She felt the little shards of sand and stone cut her skin just before the barrier went up around her and she started to regenerate.

Landing on the shifting sands, she looked further down the caravan to see just who would be joining her, but wouldn't wait for anyone. She gave Roost a thumbs up and then focused her attention on the monster before her. After she got her footing, the brawler didn't hesitate at all and broke out into a sprint towards the ship. "Spear Hand!" Her right arm pulled back as she lunged at the side of the ship, hoping to punch an opening in the hull.

• Spear Hand - Herculean Strength F - Penetrating F, Super Strength F - This skill allows Su Chen to utilize her strength to ignore grades of an item when it is used to defend. Ignores one grade of defending item. - Grade F - 0 Post Cooldown

Oliver

"....Is... THAT A FUCKING BOAT!?" the man couldn't help but yell, staring at the sheer mammoth.. Er.. ship sized... Ship? Monster!? "A ship?! Monster!? I'd imagine that in the ocean but not the god damn desert!?!?!? Is that what global warming does? Is this an invasive species!? Why god why!?" Oliver stood at the front of the caravan and watched as... Did...

Did Dodger just speak german?

In a edgy voice?

Was she a Chuuni!?

His grandson back on earth was one of those but he grew out of it pretty quick. I mean, would you if your grandfather noticed and asked if he was roleplaying as one of those "narutos animays?" Heh, got him good there, best way to get kids to dump something dumb is to make it not cool anymore.

Yea your grampa knows your weebery kid.

..speaking of this kid kinda looks like that Sasuke dude...? wierd.. Was he a cosplayer? Really he could be from the different qorld just like him.. Maybe he should ask about that when a LITERAL BOAT WASN'T TRYING TO EAT THEM!!!

"Fuck this I'm trying lightning! lad, do what you imagine is the best thing to do and i'll support you from here with spells. And.. I'll avoid you with the lightning, just be sure to watch for the STORM'S lightning as well. Alright? alright. Good luck have fun don't die and try thinking up a plan and telling Dodger while your there..." he watched the elven woman clamber up the ships side like a possed demon. "..Or maybe no plan is better for her...? Find a place for her and point her towards it? might be be- IT HAS FUCKING CANNONS!?"

Oliver pointed out looking like he lost his last nerve as the cannon holes popped open.

"Lightning! To me, strike upon my foe!" he tapped his staff down and shot out towards the cannon holes on the side of the ship, seeking to damage as many as he could and prevent those shots!!

• Lightning forks - Magic Affinity D, Magic Range D, Lightning affinity F, magic target E a deadly ranged lightning spell that fans out to many foes! Grade D 2 post cooldown - 100 foot Range 5 targets​

Nachtum
Interactions: Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid Orikanyo Orikanyo
d8t1sk1-e6e47dbd-11d0-413e-9117-4e1e420587be.png As the huge figure was lit up by crimson light. Nachtum could only let out a stunned "Dammit..." His worst case scenario had been realized. The large structure was a Daemon no doubt about that. It's form though was a surprise to him. He had heard of Demons which could possess objects such as the infamous "Hell House". But an entire galleon? He held his Drive Blade in a one handed grip as he stared up at the Daemon. The flare illuminated it for now, but they would have to act if they were to survive this. And... Was it smiling!? Thoroughly disturbed Nachtum looked to his allies for a plan of action.

The incredulous shout of Oliver didn't inspire amy confidence in him. But he had seen the Elf's lightning magic once before and that kind of power was incredibly impressive. "Got it!" He did not desire to feel that much electricity course through his body again. But he'd risk it if he had too. Up head in the caravan he saw pillars of sand rise and begin to circle them. More unique displays of Magic. He kept his eyes peeled on the lookout for any death. Instead he saw a women at the front of the caravan race out with surprising speed and immediately attack the Daemon ship. As he watched her Dodger went into action beside him. The small girl didn't even flinch at the appearance of the ship. She drew a large sword from her back which she hefted with ease then spoke in a bizarre alien tounge. Nachtum's eyes widened slightly as he recognized her words. Not the meaning, no as far as he had known no one could understand it. The language of Daemons. But there was no doubt in his mind as to what it was, and Dodger somehow knew it. Then a man ran up to him putting a scroll into his hands. He took it reflexively. "R-Right." His eyes stared into Dodgers back as she leapt into battle her sword sinking into the Daemon and getting black blood on Nachtum. That was something better left for after the battle. He let out a heavy sigh grateful for the first time in this desert that he was wearing all black.

Not entirely sure how to use it Nachtum held the scroll and opened it before channeling his Mana into it. Apparently it was good enough as a barrier sprang up around him. Now sporting a shield ensuring he wouldn't die in one hit Nachtum followed his allies into battle. As he approached the ships hull, just as he had done before, he let out a mental command an-... nothing. He looked confused for a moment before looking to his sword in his hand. This time he made a more concentrated effort. Reaching out with his magic he willed his blade to lift into the air. Once again it was still. Nothing happened, he tried a third and a fourth time but no matter what he tried his sword refused to move. What the hell was going on? Why couldn't he access his Psychokinesis? Stunned he only just barely noticed when a large bang and crack in the air sounded out from the ship. While damage to it's hull had been done the Daemon was able to fire it's cannons. And one such shell was racing towards him. With as much speed as his body could muster he moved immediately. It wouldn't be enough and he knew it. The barrier around him might be enough to save him but there was no gurantee. He was simply too slow, the shrapnel alone would likely be enough to seriously maim him if not kill him. Why now? Why had his Magic failed him? He pushed and pushed anything to summon up the power that would save him, yet he couldn't control his sword anymore. Then, he shifted.

He stood in a watery plane. For a moment he was shocked looking around incredulously at his foreign surroundings. But it was familiar. He turned his gaze up to the "sky" an oily black with only a few pin pricks of light to serve as illumination. Yes he knew this place. He had been here before when he died for a few seconds before Oliver had revived him. Somehow he had forgotten about it, but now... His last visit came rushing back at him, including the only other denizen he had seen here. Nachtum's head whipped around looking for the feminine figure but saw nothing. Then he felt a cold chill upon his back. Turning around he saw her, that thing. Just as before her skin was a greyish blue and seemed crafted from star light. Her hair was quicksilver and her eyes a multicolor hue of blue and gold intermingled and shining. This time she stared directly at him. Just as before he felt a barrage of emotion which threatened to drown him. Revulsion, fear, hatred, envy, and even love. It was too much to handle all at once, but unlike before he found he could just barely weather it. Last time he couldn't even look at her, now it was agonizing but he could manage. His eyes twitched threatening to close for a moment of reprieve from the being before him. "W-Who...are...y-you?" He managed to choke out the words. The "woman" said nothing. Merely stared at him. Until she changed, similar to last time her form became his own. She appeared as a perfect recreation of Nachtum. Albeit lacking in any emotion upon "his" face. He didn't understand what this meant was she saying she was him? That didn't make any sense. Then a lock of silver hair entered his vision confused he made to swipe it away, but when his hand moved up he realized it wasn't his own. The hand before him was grey, blue and littered with starlight. He looked at himself. His body had changed, and he now looked just like her. Had he changed to resemble her, and her him? Or... had they merely switched places?

Suddenly Nachtum stumbled finding himself once again surrounded by sand. Yet, alive. This time he could remember that other place it was hazy but he knew it had happened. Before he had gone, wherever that was, the Daemon had... He turned and saw pieces of a cannon ball littering the desert sand. As well as an impact crater, where he had once stood. Somehow he had dodged it entirely. Sounds of battle pulled him from his thoughts. He saw members of the caravan fighting against the ship and it appears he hadn't been gone long at all. In fact it seemed no one had noticed his absence. Gritting his teeth he pushed the confusion aside and made to join the fight once again. When he ran however he suddenly, skipped. And in a fraction of a second he saw that realm of darkness superimposed over his vision and then his position had changed. Looking behind himself he could see where his foot had fell then disappeared only to reappear right where he was standing. He was starting to understand what had happened, and if he was right... He whipped his head over to the Daemon ship and began a full on sprint forwards it. As he got close he yelled out, "Dodger throw me up!" Nachtum hoped he knew what he was doing. Based on what he had saw this new ability had a range to it and the ship was too high for him to just straight up scale up with it. With Dodgers help he could do it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back