• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

< VII >

...Did...

...Did this Knightman just call her a chicken????

Nonetheless, the true danger would come at her realization of...the red slime woman's current actions...

Sq…sq…

SQUAWSQUAWSQUAWSQUAWSQUAWK—!

With the slime ladies surrounding the tank, her initial escape route of going into the tank seemed to be unsafe what with the light green slime coaxing herself around the tank--feathers ruffling with fear, the bird quickly glance to the single available resources in the area to save her before she could be eaten...

Of which, there seemed to be only the Knightman...next to another Knightman...unless Ida counted, but she was still inside of the tank--

"Kn...Kn...Knightman!! KNIGHTMAN!!" she squawked out with fear, "P-PLEASE!!! P-Protect me--I, this young and innocent maiden with your sword and shield like the dastardly knight in shining armor you would be, O great, fashing knight sir--!! I wish not to be made into a nutritious meal for anybody--"

Her life was now placed into the hands thereof the knight--of whom, she hoped desperately was smarter than the slimes--what with their seeming lacking knowledge in their tongue--

...Speaking of smarter than the slimes...

"O-O! Dashing Knight-Man, you! I wish too that you may further prove to me therethat you truly would be the Dashing Knight-Man whose brave swordsmanship shall save me!!--Ahem, speak some common Ryken to me so I know which one is you, wishful wiseman--"

Ophenia.png
While the feathers fall, the flowers begin to sing.
It was quite cosy inside the giant plant thingie. A lot colder than expected though. It seemed something fun was happening outside, as Seven suddenly burst out of the "door" of the presumably giant plant thing. After she got out she noticed how peculiar this "portal" was. Was it really a portal? And what were those... How adorable! The sylph stumbled a bit as she stepped out, squealing at the sight of the jelly-esque humanoids. "Are those, Human-Shaped Slimes?! Oh. my. Eryngium! They're so adorable!" Ophenia could see it on their non-expressive jelly faces. These things were absolutely just so cute! She walked over closer toward them.

This wasn't her first time seeing slimes as she saw some slimes in the glade. Though those slimes resembled droplets of clear water more than colourful humanoid creatures. After hearing both of the statements from both the small bird and the metallic humanoid, Ophenia could not. How could someone eat another living being? Why would they even think of licking another creature? And of all the things to compare these human-shaped slimes to, they chose fruit?! Wait. Isn't this what the arch-fey warned her about? Humans are like... Car... Carni... Cannibals! This was this cannibal thing people of the outside world would do, but even so, why would they eat other living creatures?

"MrFillet, MsBird! How could you indulge in such... such... uh." The sylph paused while staring blankly at the other two, "Wait never mind, are you guys seriously gonna try and eat these human-shaped slimes?!" The sylph asked with a confused slightly disturbed look on her face. She was actually really confused due to all the words that the bird spoke. Ophenia's vocabulary was smaller than that of a newborn baby trying to read a dictionary in Latin. "That is so cruel!" she shrieked.

But then something more peculiar occurred. One of the slimes... puffed up... and turned into a version of what Finn looked like?! The sylph couldn't help but smile, this was quite exciting for her after all. Suddenly, the little bird began to make a loud amount of noise. To Ophenia, this noise was mainly inaudible, due to her lack of understanding when it came to words. But she could definitely see the bird was... scared and in discomfort. And you know what cures discomfort? A song! Afterall all the noise the bird was making suddenly made the sylph get in the mood for a song.

It was time for the Songstress's most prized possession to come into play! These creatures didn't seem to know how to communicate after all? So wouldn't it be best for her to use this beautiful creation, the o' Magnificent [Resonator]? She thought to herself, as she already pulled it out. In reality, she was looking for any excuse to sing, and judging by her last attempt to use the resonator as a communication she failed due to not knowing the incantation to use it as such. But maybe, just maybe the slimy humanoids could communicate their thoughts through a song? The sylph tapped on the jewel-like device, imbuing a bit of mana to get it going. It started hovering above her hand while emitting a very colourful faint glow.

The sylph turned, "So... Anyone like music?" The sylph rhetorically asked with a smile on her face, as a melody began to emit from the resonator.

Finnegan Huttman
cdd1f663460ca5fad8c93e9d370fd521.jpg

"....Pffff HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!" Finn couldn't help it, the dopey face atop the helmet, the squishyness of the whole thing, god this slime was too much! Thus far, yellow was his clear favorite to be certain. "Your a good lemon you silly jello- Eh?" The bird, it was talking to him... In any other day, he'd be shocked and in truth wondering what he ate last to cause him to be talking to a bird. But hey, everyone else seemed to be reacting, so in truth the bird was in fact speaking...

...Ah...

Red was trying to eat her...

Now it was up to him to... Somehow.. keep the slimes from the chicken...

Surely she could have just stayed inside the carriage?

...Guess not...

Wait, now the pink one was singing, singing to slimes, hey whatever could work. he tried singing in the past sure as hell it could work here to-

Focus Finn save the chicken.

"Hold on squishy lovies gotta do something." he spoke to the slimes which quite honestly probably didn't understand a single word he said and put both hands on his helm, slipped both thumbs underneath and.. With a couple clicks and a snap of a button or two, removed the helmet...

c93917a4f7911538901ebc60e61f2ee6.jpg

"Whew! Good to be out of it. now, here chickie chickie chickie!" he made some distance form the slimes and knelt down for the bird to get inside. "Come on now don't take too much time lest they try eatting yea!"

Iduna Isra

Iduna_Isra.jpg

Iduna? Joking?

Never.

As she was curled up in the tank, it was rather apparent that no shift in expression had occurred at that remark- instead, she sighed, her breath leaving her mouth white- a puff of cold air usually only found on the most frigid of snowy days in the winter. Something inside of her head had clicked into place.

Hearing the commotion from outside, her eyebrow twitched and she followed the pink sylph out of the strange carriage, now staring blankly at the multitude of creatures that bounced before them. As her feathered traveling companion quacked aloud for protection, Iduna scoffed. She should have known better- all people, creatures, and monsters, simply used each other for their own purposes, whether or not they were intelligent about it.

That was all that Iduna could understand from the sentiment.

"So quick to move from person to person, aren't you? Little flatterer..." She spoke softly and adjusted her coat, now standing atop Pierre with a frown on her face, cold blue eyes darting from Finn holding out his helmet to Ophenia as she began to sing, and her resonator emit a gentle, echoing tune.

...Which meant now that everyone in a certain radius now knew where they were.

The young woman turned to the sylph as she sang, taking note of the notes used in succession despite her opposition to such an action here and now.

"If you are afraid of them..." Iduna pulled the necklace from her neck into her left palm in a sort of comforting fashion, trying not to look at the one slime that had turned her chest into canons.

How crude.

"Shouldn't we do something about them?"

Last edited:

< VII >

H…
Hooooooooooo????????

Who was this dashing, beautiful blond figure??? Where did these beautiful beds of marigolds and noble azure eyes come from??? Also, where the heck was this magical music ccoming from? W-Wait!! This must have been another trick by the slimes!! That must have been it!! Seven would begin to spin about towards the other iteration of the Knightma--W-Wait a minute...wait just five seconds...didn't he also speak common Ryke just now??...And also call her a chicken--?

Drat this misfortunate and tiny flightless form--but she also couldn't exactly argue with the similarities.

N-No. Calm. Calm. Calm. Clearing her throat, she hopped into the helmet, making further note of the slimes from the safety of the helmet, peeking out inside of it. "W-Well, Knightman," she muttered, "I must admit, though gold has undeniably been the color of your heart...to find a gold brighter than sunshine was much further rewarding than this continuity of my life~"

Delivering empty praise after empty flattery, the bird would attempt to remiss back into an air of playful cool...which, unfortunately, was made difficult at another realization...

"I-Ida!! N-No!!! I still love you and your wonderful, shimmering voi--!! I-I mean...n...nnnooo...don't, um...it seems like these slime people are...pretty harmless..."

Beyond the whole trying to eat her, of course...but they could have gone to immediate measures for attack this entire time, couldn't they have not?...Unless they had some sorts of other plans...but thus far, it seemed that the slime ladies were both simply there to only enjoy themselves as well as potentially lacking in terms of being able to generate some form of an elaborate plan in the first place...

Still...that made it all the more important to make sure. Careful, she would glance toward the yellow slime woman, attempting to assess her titles through an Appraisal E.

Pierre Rothel - VictoryatLast VictoryatLast , Orikanyo Orikanyo Etymarchen Etymarchen Faynorae Faynorae

“Peculair.. Never heard this type of Music before, Lady Ophenia..”

The tank found himself amused by the Fae’s singing, whilst also nodding his barrel in approval of Finn’s face below the helmet.

Then he noticed the slime who turned her tits to mimic his cannon… Merde…

He quickly averted his gaze, now focusing on the other slimes, and specifically the red one..

Ida’s note brought his agreement.

“Ms. I suggest you hop down from my Hull.. I don’t want you getting hurt potentially..”

He said this as he made a slow gentle move towards the red slime.. his engine echoing throughout the tunnels…

Ophenia.png
When humans wear heads of metal.
Ophenia could not not react to this, in accordance with her emotions, the resonator let out a screeching cracking noise similar to that of crystals being smashed, as the young fae stood on the tip of her toes upon seeing the thing she presumed to be some sort of metallic creature take off its helm to reveal a human's face. And in such after a second of shocked standing, she let out a high-pitched shrieking cry, loud enough to cause a mountain to break. Even worse, her imbuing a portion of her mana into the resonator further amplified the noise produced by the sylph. She was in absolute actual shock. Nothing would've shocked her more than a creature decapitating itself and then revealing the head of another creature underneath!

The sylph began to think, how is this possible? Did his head genuinely mean nothing to him? And why was it empty? There was something clearly wrong here... Wait... why's there another head underneath? A Human head- Did this creature... kill and possess a human's head, using it as a "Cor" for its shell?! How could it do something so cruel! Wait.. no that couldn't have possibly occurred. No creature could be that corrupted as to do something so horrible! Maybe the thing was a human all along? Yes yes... That was clearly just it, the human was wearing a type of clothing made of metal!

"Ah." the sylph let out after her realization, " I sincerely apologize, I didn't realize MrFigg was a human until now, so from my perspective it seemed like he had decapitated himself, and that put me in a state of utter shock..." Ophenia said while twiddling her fingers, and staring at the ground. The resonator let out no noise and instead started to constantly shift colours while hovering beside the sylph. But in order to change the subject, she quickly began to enthusiastically answer the strange plant's statement, a little too enthusiastically.

"Well, MrPeiro, you're correct! There are currently only two places which would be familiar with this type of music, and a tiny portion of that Recon Protective Replica place and a tiny village far far away from here. I think." The resonator was now, aggressively shifting colours, "And to make my music, I sing with the use of this resonator which was meant to be used by mages to communicate with creatures which don't speak human, but it was deemed inefficient so people stopped using them, so I decided to use it as a way to sing, after all, there are so many types of performers out there that having the need to be unique in some way is almost a must!" the resonator began to stop shifting colours so quickly, and started to slow down. "And plus, people never used magic to make music before, or not that I know of..." Finally, the resonator stopped changing colour, stopping at a yellowish-orange hue

"Ah sorry. Isn't rambling on and on like that rude? My apologies." The sylph mumbled, scratching her head. She stared blankly at the floor. The resonator then began shifting to a pale blue, as the sylph began to question herself and her mistakes.

Pierre Rothel - Faynorae Faynorae Orikanyo Orikanyo Etymarchen Etymarchen VictoryatLast VictoryatLast

Well.. That was something, despite having lived his past life suffering the sounds of gunfire and explosions right above the dark trenchlines he once fought in.. that Magic girl sure does have a loud scream, as this was made apparent by Pierre's Engine doors rattling a bit, making some clanging noises for a few moments..

Turning his turret to the girl, who now looked a little gloomy, he decided to try and uplift her mood..

"Hey now, that's actually really cool! Most of the music I've listened to were in live performances, but I bet with that kind of technology, people could listen to those melodies in the comfort of their homes. Not to mention the communication capabilities, why would it be deemed inefficient? Oh, wait.. I have an idea, try using it to understand what I'm about to say next."

He himself had actually started to get enthusiastic as well..

« Tester, tester, pouvez-vous comprendre ce que je dis? »
("Testing, Testing, Can you understand what I'm saying?")

Ophenia.png
Chinese!?
Ophenia's eyes lit up. Like a star beginning to shine once the sun begins to set, her eyes exuberantly glittered after hearing what the strange gigantic super geometric probably not organic plant coloured creature had said to her. It was like music to her ears! Brightening up her mood immediately as a big dopey smile widened upon Ophenia's slightly glittering face. No one's actually been interested in her talks about "the Magically Historical Artefacts of the Past, Page. 101 to page. 143 - The History of "Resonators" by M. Persophone" before! It was like this moment was fate!

In the sylph's 105% empty head, she began to thank the knight for flabbergasting her. If it weren't for him, she wouldn't have known this strange plant creature would be interested in the history of Magical Artefacts. The Sylph began speaking, " Woah! That is actually quite a magnificent idea! I've only ever sung live before, but with some sort of magical contraption, I'm sure there's a way to mass-produce things that would magically imitate the voice and events of what happened during a live performance... Humans have done so much before! It shouldn't be that hard to mass-produce small magical illusory conjuring objects! Ah! Maybe it would have a memory of the sorts?" Ophenia thought as she said it;

not taking a chance to take a breath, she actually used her non-existent brain for once. An idea lit up like a star in her thoughtless head. What if the duchy had someone who could help with such a magical contraption? She thought to herself. A way to holographically record the events of something that happened that you weren't able to see? If there was a way to implant memoirs within said "currently-imaginary" contraption...

But then the already strange, already not organic plant creature said something entirely different to what she's been hearing creatures speak as her brain went poof at the moment. "Huh." she let out her thoughts. The resonator released a squeaking noise as it also started releasing a sparkly mist which instantly vanished. Ophenia's eyes lost all their sparkle, as she dead-blank stared at the weird creature with weird words. Sylph folk had their own form of language but there definitely wasn't anything that sounded like this in this world.

"For it to actually resonate with your thoughts, it requires a long incantation I forget the words of, as well as a tiny bit of the mana of the creature you're trying to commune with," Ophenia said. Still blankly staring. At this point, it looked like she was staring into the cracks of the universe into the words of this passage and the entirety of this thread, but in truth, she was just completely dumbfounded and just spoke the words that first came to her numbed mind.

Interactions; Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo (Pierre)

Mentions: Faynorae Faynorae Etymarchen Etymarchen @123 Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo Orikanyo Orikanyo VictoryatLast VictoryatLast
OOC:
Time: 12:20am
Weather: comfortable in the sun with a light breeze, cold in the water.
Cooldown:
TLDR: party sneaks inside city's lake entrance. Party is offered a proposition by the color cleaners.
Post Listening:

The Duchy Capital City: Aslan - Lake Side Cistern

the_river_of_slime_by_williammodels_dcooi9l-fullview.jpg

Red slime had her mouth large enough to eat Seven but was a bit slow on the devour. When the bird started hopping away, Red stretched her neck to keep pace. Before she could nab the bird, Ophenia's racket sent visible tremors through the slimes. Their bodies wobbled and wiggled with growing intensity as Ophenia escalated her noise making. Even after the raucous ended, the slimes continued to vibrate to the point where their forms were melting and difficult to hold together. Looking like bloated, less distinct versions of their original selves, they started moving toward Ophenia with ominous, gurgling mouth sounds emanating from them.

Whatever threatening nature the slimes had resorted to after Ophenia started being annoying had passed before anything bad happened. The slimes eventually resumed their normal girlish forms without the extra body morphing. They all looked at each other and nodded. Then sky blue stepped forward and did her best to speak for the group. Through broken common that sounded like it was being said underwater at times, the slime beseeched the party. Translucent lungs formed and worked sporadically in her torso to mimic the forced air necessary to speak.

"Please. Help. We Trapped. Help. We. Free."

She then pointed to the stairs leading up and out of the chamber and continued.

"Free. We. Trapped. You. Not. Trapped. We Trap. You No Trap.Please. Help."

dbqboep-a8851302-e621-478e-92f0-dd76d6960d9a.png

Finnegan Huttman

994e5a56adbc264ae5b051e5ac264a93.jpg

"Well.. I'll be damned, they can talk." Finn couldn't really believe it, they were acting up abit not too long ago.. But... well.. Now they were trying their best to talk it through! Hell they even decided on it between themselves! Who was he to leave this poor things trapped as they say? The man stepped forwards, towards the blue one and gave the squishy occasionally humanoid a good pat on the squishy head.

"Gottchyea. Don't you worry, I'll do my best to get you all free. Thats what we heroes do after all!" he laughed, his voice echoing loudly around the walls. "Well, i can't speak for the others anyways, but I'm sure as hell not going to leave you trapped!

Though, abit suprised you can't just leave out the drain like we came in..." the man considered for a moment, perhaps there WAS something blocking their path out..? Or perhaps there was another way they had to go.

He didn't know the trials and tribulations of being a squishy slime, so he couldn't judge.

"So? Whats keeping you in here? May as well tell, gotta solve the issue one way or another right?"

Pierre Rothel - Orikanyo Orikanyo Faynorae Faynorae Etymarchen Etymarchen VictoryatLast VictoryatLast

He stared blankly at Ophenia’s apparent silent brainfart for a moment, before giving a small nudge to snap her out of it..

“Erm.. Ophenia..? You alright there buddy..?”

Taking a moment.. he took in the scene of this tunnel like environment.. the dim litness.. and the color too.. felt close to home.. too close..

His vision briefly flickered to another tunnel.. but the opposite end was engulfed with flame.. gunfire, corpses strewn about, and all that briefly appeared,

1652843662248.jpeg
before returning to his current environment..

He took a moment to stabilize his breath before continuing..

‘Feels too similar to Fort De Vaux.. Fuck.. close one there..’ His mental note came to be as he gave a small sigh..

Looking back at the slimes, that to his surprise, started talking in broken english and wanted their assistance with getting out, the tank took note of the stairs they pointed at..

Hopefully his [Treads] can get him up there too..

Staying silent for one last bit,

“I accept to help you, Madams.”

Iduna Isra

Iduna_Isra.jpg

Hopping off of the side of Pierre and landing beside Ophenia, Iduna gave Ophenia a blank glance of mild displeasure, with her hands over her ears. Speaking from the slimes was another surprise, but not one that shocked the young woman too much after the crude display of adaptation earlier.

"Singing isn't too difficult if you can catch a tune. It's not necessarily anything special." She removed her hands from her ears, slowly walking towards the slimes and Finn.

"It's quite cocky to make such a statement without knowing the situation." The songstress silently stepped behind Finn, stepping past Ophenia without much regard for her confusion. Pierre's musings, on the other hand, made the woman stop cold before she found her words again.

"What makes you believe you can be a hero?"

It was completely impractical, especially if these creatures said they had been trapped. Thus, why waste time attempting to find a solution where there wasn't one? She reached for the helmet in which Seven was currently residing quietly, before stopping herself. It would be rude to simply grab the thing out of his hands.

"...I'd like my traveling companion back, please."

Last edited:
Finnegan Huttman
48cda61b45b26a076ba4778ab30a1ac6.jpg
"What...?" Finn looked at the young woman with a raised eyebrow, its as if she spoke a comepletely different language then him. "I ain't volunteering yea to do it if thats what yer sayin'... But... Your question does have weight to it..." he scratched his nose with his free hand. Before actually giving the words some thought. He had he really ever considered it? had he ever even thought about the whole of why he wants to be one?

Well, truely, it was very simple.

As simple as it gets really.

"It's as simple as helping people when they need it. Thats all." the man replied with a earnestly of one who didn't consider everything, or rather, made the conscious effort not to consider everything. "Pure and simple as is, someone needs help, I give it. No need for any frills or messiness. Figure stuff out on the way, lots of stuff happen if yea sit there thinking about it forever.

You can sit out if yea like, I ain't gonna judge, exit is probably down the way somewhere if your lookin to go.

It's its the duty of a true knight to right the unrightable wrong.

These people asked me for help, so i'll help." he repeated himself, his logic was circular and wrapped in on it's self illogically. Suffice to say he ahd little to gain here helping these slimes, they obviously had nothing, by nature they were troublesome and simple creatures, they were in absolute truth... Inconsequential.

But he stood firm in his choice.

"But, uhh... Best you ask the wee one herself if she wants to go with yea. I'm not in control of her." he paused to hold up the helmet, Seven within the up turned hole. "Helping folks is what I do miss. Even if I can't be a hero now maybe someone will call me that later eh?"

Ophenia.png
Flower and a Fighter.
Can the slimes talk? The slimes can talk?! The young sylphid broke out of her half trance, at the watery words the slimes began to speak. She started to think. Maybe the resonator was inefficient. But it seemed as if the humanoid-shaped slimes truly were trapped within the confines of this... place. The sylph's eyes twinkled lightly, as the visible translucence was reflected in it. Though not understanding this reaction, it was a thing the sylph would often resort to in times of being pain or being unable to combat an argument. But for once this was a different feeling. Desperation to one day be free from the cumbersome cage one was trapped within. A slight tinge of... Corruption? The very thing she was trying to cleanse was something that she began to feel right now.

Holding back the translucent waters from draping down her cheeks, she held a somewhat convincing smile. The sylph then began to say with an almost teary voice while still trying to keep up with her bubbliness, "Of course! We'd love to help!" The sylph childishly said on the behalf of the others after what the knight had said, Ophenia tried taking both the hands of the sky blue slime, but instead squished them while trying to grasp them. "I, Ophenia, would love to help you find a way out of this horrid place and I'm sure the other fo-" She stopped after hearing what Ida had said.

The seemingly nice person's ice-cold words froze the sylph to the core, "It's not necessarily anything special," those words echoed in her head. She heard these words many times before but not by someone "Ophenia" had known, but instead by the people an azure-named person would constantly try to impress. The sylph had known all her life is that she had a singular goal. To sing in the pursuit of everyone's happiness. Why wouldn't the words along something like that create a... warm, passionate emotion, burning hot like raging fire. This was new, "I've never felt this way before..." The sylphid folk thought to herself out loud, staring at her shivering hands.

Was this feeling... this warm, passionate feeling. The resonator shifted into a warm bright red. Furiously spinning round and round. Was this what humans called... Anger? Or a lack of agreement? "I'm..." The sylphid softly muttered. Before turning toward Ida, this was a chance to try something new, her face showed the emotions of both excitement and a tinge of offence. Maybe a new song would come to mind? Lyrics for a song she had already thought of. "I'm quite hurt, Ms, Ida." the sylph said, "And last from what I've learnt of human etiquette it's awfully rude for someone to say careless things like that. As such, I think it would be most courteous of you to apologise!" Openia's tone wasn't forceful, it more sounded like that of a slightly tense polite request. It could also be seen as uptight, from the way the sylphid's facial expression could be conveyed.

"If catching a tune was all there was to singing, all songs would be flat, with no secondary inclination or story behind the song." The sylph's tone saddened as the fury of that emotion faded away, taking a breath, she put her hand unto her chest, "Because frankly, I believe a song can change the life of even a singular person!" for that moment, it had sounded like the resonator had stopped, as began it to fade to a cooler tone, similar to that of ocean water. Ophenia let out a soft sigh, as she shook her head, as the resonator went to a light pink colour which faded into a bright orangish-yellow, "Also Mr Finn is quite right! You should always help someone in need of help! After all, every life is as important as one's own!" The sylphid said, her tone softening, as she clapped her hands once, before giving a cheery smile. She was somehow satisfied after saying everything she wanted to say.

Iduna Isra

Iduna_Isra.jpg

"Those who told that to me never apologized." She turned with a blank expression to the sylph. "You must be one of the lucky few who have never had your singing criticized in such a way. I think I should envy you."

The songstress replied calmly, without a hint of emotion in her voice. She adjusted her cloak needlessly, wondering why something inside was attempting to break free of the red ropes that bound something deep inside her chest.

"I did not mean that a special sort of voice is not something to be praised. I only meant that if someone could catch a tune, they could surely sing it. Now, singing it well is a different story."

Now... the matter of helping others. It isn't a thought she hadn't played with previously, however her former employer forbade her from leaving her wagon when the troop was on the road, almost like some sort of circus animal. When they did pass the occasional traveler asking for help... well... ironically, she felt something twinge in her stomach at the way he treated them- it felt wrong.

For once.

It was a new feeling, certainly.

"...Then, what would happen if you made things worse than they were before you had agreed to assist? Then, wouldn't you be putting your own pride over someone's safety and he-" She stopped herself- or more, she was unable to speak another word.

"E-ealth...h-h-h..." Iduna put a hand over the back of her neck to find it frigid and covered in a slick, but slowly growing patch of frost down her back. She shivered unconsciously.

"T-t-then... it-t-t-t... w-would b-be all... f-f-for naught." Iduna reached for her necklace to find it flickering. Had she said something to activate it?

Mentions: Faynorae Faynorae Etymarchen Etymarchen @123 Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo Orikanyo Orikanyo VictoryatLast VictoryatLast
OOC:
Time: 12:30pm
Cooldown:
TLDR: party sneaks inside city's lake entrance. Party is offered a proposition by the color cleaners.
Post Listening:

Ophenia would want to get the blue slime off her hands and off her outfit. While blue slimes were not particularly acidic, they did have a tendency to absorb mana and anything else they covered. The blue slimegirl would smile happily, unaware, while half her face was a bit pressed out of shape from Finn's head pat. She definitely smiled like best slime though. The rest of the slimes were equally excited and enthusiastic at some of the party's willingness to lend aid. They were clueless to the friction currently transpiring between party members. They instead tried to give guidance as requested.

"Up. Stairs. Rune. Rune. Trap. We. We. Trap. Rune. Trap. We. Up Stairs."

Her hands reformed so she could gesture at the stairs. The stairs were not overly long but they did extend upward at least a story or more. Around the mouth of the stairs at the top were runes that glowed in violet softly. Beyond the stairs was what looked like an observatory. Several control panels of unknown use and purpose outlined the circular room. A handful of coated workers were at a central table shooting the breeze and performing tests on what looked like a solution of lake water. Their backs would be to the tunnel.

Pierre would find the stairs were barely able to fit him, but if he attempted to go up the stairs, it would elevate his body just enough he made contact with the roof of the tunnel and wouldn't be able to ascend very well if at all.

Finnegan Huttman
48cda61b45b26a076ba4778ab30a1ac6.jpg

Finn considered the situation... He didn't know what exactly was going on here... but.. Suddenly.. A small flash of insight blessed his dull brain.. he figured, he should at least ask the whys. "Whats up the stairs you want so badly? If you want to escape, you can go out the tunnel we came in right?" he pointed to the large opening they clearly could leave through. he did say he would help, but... He wouldn't help folks if they intended to just bring harm to the people up those stairs.

"What do yea wana do when you get out eh? Looking for food? Freedom?" he wasn't about to leave em without help, but.. well...

May as well figure it out now eh?

Ophenia.png
My hands are melting while you're choking on your heart!
The fae saw as a person she considered to be offensive, start to quickly feel... discomfort. Her voice began to sound frosty and cold as if her throat were starting to begin to freeze. As such, Ophenia also started to feel uncomfortable, even more so. She started to panic, she wasn't feeling this way because she disliked Ida, but because Ida looked to be in some sort of pain, Ophenia felt that it might have been her fault. The resonator began spinning beside her, round and round. And Ophenia put her hands to her ears.

But.. she the warmth of her palms, not the rough surface of the glitter-dusted fabric. Even though she wore laced cuffs and glittery silk gloves. Looking at her hands, she saw... they were fading! The residue of the blue slime was now on her wrists after absorbing a portion of the mana inside of Ophenia's hands. Not only was her mana being absorbed, but the slimy residue also became pearlescent as it absorbed the silken gloves and ribbons of her cuffs. I mean at least it wasn't absorbing her skin, but those were expensive.

She suddenly remembered; she put her slime-covered hands unto her chest. She looked down toward her chest frantically, luckily her tie was there. Unluckily, "AHHH! THIS TIE WAS SO EXPENSIVE. AH NONONONO!" she shouted unknowingly as she watched the blue-slime like residue slowly become a pinkish-purple sparkly mess as her tie began to disappear. The resonator was slowing down, as Ophenia's magic began weakening, its colour became dull, but it was still hovering. "MY TIE !!!" Ophenia screamed, with a deep agony in her voice as she flopped to the floor. Tears rolled down her face like waterfalls. "I loved that tie so much..." she said, looking at the messy sparkly slimy mess that used to be her tie on the ground.

But she then frantically stood back up and approached Ida, this was more important than a material item... Even though her cuffs were also absorbed with her gloves. She looked Ida in the eyes with her tear-filled gaze, which also looked in pain. She had no time to be mourning the loss of her beloved expensive tie. A person here was in pain and discontent. She began to try to think of something in a panic, what if she dies? Was she too harsh to live in this beautiful world so Elysius struck her down with an unfortunate and unexpected sudden illness? Or was she choking up on flowers because of unrequited love? Or is she just choking on her meanness? The fae thought as she put her slightly translucent hands-on Ida's shoulders, she remembered from a book that one should ask, "Are you choking?" And she did. If Ida didn't answer, she was choking, if she answered, Yes, she was not choking, if she answered, No, she was choking. Or was it the other way around...

But then a thought came to Ophenia's. A new spell she had made up a while ago, while in a faraway town. A way to lift someone's spirit a bit... It could work! She gathered her voice, but the resonator didn't consonate with it, but still kept its effects. Ophenia tried to think of lyrics as the melody came to mind. The emotions Ida felt. The emotions Ophenia felt. Something could work... She was choking on her heart, right? Everything within 30ft of Ophenia that could hear, can feel the effects of the song. A las, due to Ophenia's poor emotional state, the resonator not resonating and the fae's lack of control with her mana due to her hands being where most of her mana was currently stored. It didn't really go as well as she wanted it to.

Song Therapy - Performance F, Magic Affinity D, Magic Area of Effect E, Sound Affinity E, Healing E, Empathy D:

The caster condenses sound around them, creating noise with soothing and healing properties. Though the physical healing is lesser, it calms the creature's mind and helps them brush off their pain if they are within Ophenia's 30ft radius. Does not apply any effect to creatures that are incapable of hearing. Grade D Song, 2 Post Cooldown.​

Last edited:

< VII >

The sudden shrieking and ear-damaging would cause the bird to trip over in the bucket helmet...but it didn't change another fact nor realization. That, being the notices she would manage to obtain through her appraisal of the slime girls...but what was clearest of all--it along with the terrible, hospital-like alcoholic scent in the air. In spite of both their capabilities and incapabilities, they seemed to want to leave, yet they were unable to for whatever reason there could be. As the bird would carefully pick itself up to its feet, it stared toward the slimes girls--observing their behavior, making note of their actions and reactions, her head tilting as she attempted to make remark and note to herself on the slimes’ desires and wants.

And she stared at them. She stared at them for a good moment. As iterated previously, throughout this entire time, they had all the time and chance in the world to attack them, but—

A seeming uproar would arise from the rest of the team in the midst of her attempts to pick up on a final decision regarding what to do with the slime girls—with her seemingly caught between two cannon-fires of icy blizzard and celestial storm. For a moment, the bird found herself to be squinting with a sense of conviction at her sudden and unapproved involvement with the scenario at hand—

That being, to choose as to whether or not she wished to remain by her ally’s side.

Quite annoyed was she at the fact that she was suddenly being thrust into the position of making a decision for the others. Still, the bouts and brews of conflict would only continue on, and continue on would it go until Ida would eventually and nearly freeze in place—as Ophenia would, once again, utilize her magic of music.

Such was something she was more than curious on—something that she had necessity to gain more for, yet the present called for more important matters.

Exiting from the “helmet bucket,” she would give Ida a small little affectionate nuzzle on the cheek, before carefully gliding toward the ground.

"I find lying to be rather inconvenient, so I am quite loyal to my words." she responded.

One thing she would note to herself was the seeming starving nature of the slimes. They, after all, had the thought to attempt to eat her beforehand. Perhaps because she was an easy prey, perhaps further accounted by the potential thereof her having a seemingly delectable body…

"I shall do what I can to help," she responded to the slimes, “but in exchange, I would like an oath in that no human, fae, nor beast alike shall be harmed.”

With that, she would drop the little bag of seeds she had been carrying with her, nudging it toward the red slime.

"This definitely isn’t enough to quench all of you, but it’s the most I can give," she responded to the slimes, “but in exchange for my assistance in helping you all, I would like an promise in that no human, fae, nor beast alike shall be harmed.”

Turning her head left and right, she would make her way up the stairs, looking about before proceeding to assess the room—

Although she found herself most interested in the conversation that the workers seemed to be having. Curious, she would decidedly listen in.

OOC:
Time: 12:40pm
Cooldown:
TLDR: party is not able to communicate with the slimes well. Water starts pouring into the room also.
Post Listening:

"Free"

The blue slime girl did her best to explain their situation, her head reshaped and hands reformed into determined little fists. She pranced in the shallow water as she kept repeating the word with all her earnestness. Meanwhile, purple picked up the bag of bird seed offered by 7 and looked at it curiously. The other girls looked at each other in confusion at 7's proposal. They suddenly nodded and then with very determined postures started making gargling, drown noises. They were not as skilled as speaking as Light Blue. Foaming at the mouth, they smiled again, feeling accomplished. Meanwhile, purples hands started to disintegrate the bag of seeds, the seeds pouring into her gelatinous hands to bubble and burn within her very caustic interior.

A loud clank and shift could be heard over head. The slimes looked up and started to fidget with more intensity. Water started to shoot into the chamber from several spouts overhead. The room would take a while to fill, but it would fill eventually and likely drown anyone sticking around for too long.

Finnegan Huttman

d2d2284872dd904cd1ab3859fcfb4e1e.jpg
"...heh, that all little bird? here I thought it'd be a hard request. I'll do what I can to keep folks in line, in the end I'm a good iron wall and a scary one if I want to be." he paused, picking back up the helmet since the bird left it. The young man put it upon his head, twisting lightly, and snapping a few things in place. His hand however reached into the visor and pulled out a stray feather.

A parting gift, he put it in his pocket for now.

"Alrighty! You want freedom? We wana do this without a single person hurt. I'll do my best to get you that freedom you want." the armored man's voice echoed out as he steped forwards, a passing had giving yellow a pat for good luck, the squishy nature of these slimes was always amusing no matter the case.

As the water flowed in, he didn't stop his pace, going to the stairs, he was climb up with a motion for others to follow as they will, it was clear he was done thinking about it all.

It was a time for action and action he would perform.

He made no signs of stopping as he would near the top of the stairs, his mind searching for anything he could use to keep these people from making a fuss and getting those runes down.. All in all, if he was stopped by the runes, he'd just punch through it.

Or try anyways.

Thats all he could do, the slimes were trying hard to become free, it was the least he could do with such a furtive wish and prayer. Despite the odds, the blue one could speak, and what small things should knit together she spoke their truest wish. And true adventure all starts with that little wish! A true quest for glory and victory against all odds!

Wishes were the seeds of victory, no matter how small!

Now lets stop with the bullshit and get to the meat of the matter!

Ophenianew.png
Chiffon and water do not mix well.
After the fae had stopped singing, the effects of her own song relieved her mind. But her hands were gone now, but that was partially fine. They were going to enter the city of magic eventually, so they'd probably have a way to fix that. Ophenia shook her hands, to get rid of any leftover residue from the blue slime. Being gloveless, tieless and cuffless wouldn't pose much of a problem during the current situation, but it'd definitely cause some problems in terms of future performances, it was her signature items of clothing after all. Maybe they have a tailor shop somewhere in the duchy? The sylphid wondered what types of fashion were trendy within the duchy.

As she was thinking, she already began to think of a new outfit design, even though it was just her tie, cuffs and gloves, she figured her current outfit was long out of fashion anyway. It would probably be good to try something new after such a while. The sylphid looked toward the person who had seemed to be choking. "MsIda are you okay? Are you still choking? I'm sorry but I lack the experience and knowledge on how I can help you." The sylphid said. Staring at her with a cheery smile even though she's suffering the same faith similar to having one's hands cut off. Hands weren't vital organs, after all, so what was there to worry about. The fae thought to herself as she felt the wetness of water upon her silken socks. Sending a shiver down her spine.

Ophenia let out a soft screech, as she looked over at the bird hopping up the stairs, as the knightly one followed behind her. Ophenia didn't like wet socks. She really really dislikes wet socks. She often enjoyed prancing in the shallow waters of the garden with bare feet, but after trying to do it in socks, she was quite disturbed. Very very disturbed. She took a few steps forward, before looking back toward Ida and Pierre. "MsIda, please hurry along with us, last time I tried, humans die when submerged within water for too long," she said, before pausing while looking at Pierre. "MrPelican can you drown? Plants drown, but you're not actually, particularly a plant, right? Can you even fit through those weird stairs?!" Ophenia let out, she was suddenly getting a bit panicky again.

The sylphid then hurried behind the other two. It was clear that the other two were focusing on helping the humanoid-shaped slimes, but a las Ophenia was worried that the strange oddly geometric plant box thing was going to drown and that Ida was choking to death slowly. As her resonator struggled to follow behind her, Ophenia tried to gently direct it toward her, before grabbing it and gently placing it with the pouch connected to her belt.

Last edited:
Pierre Rothel - VictoryatLast VictoryatLast Etymarchen Etymarchen Orikanyo Orikanyo Faynorae Faynorae

"Rest assured, despite the fact I refuel on contact with water, yes I do in fact, drown.. Unfortunately. Once everyone else goes up the stairs, I'll follow up last!"

Truth be told, he was about to comfort her in the terms of her tie situation, but couldn't really due to the fact that her hands were now missing.. She didn't seem deterred by that, and there was no blood, so he put 2 and 2 together and assumed she was alright.

As he waited for everyone else to start moving, he let some water land and slide off of his turret, feeling the slightly cool liquid drip around..

< VII >

As the water would begin to pour faster and faster into the area, Seven's head would nod in acknowledgement of the scene at hand. It seemed somebody had every reason and means to tell them that they should get going, and fast. Especially before the slimes could get caught. She nudged to the slimes. "You wanted freedom, right? Then come with us. Up."

And up was where she would go. Up the stairs, following after Finn...

Her eyes and ears, however, would remain intent on heeding attention and interest on the workers and their happenings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back