• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Community [Isekai Hell] February 2023 Event

Type: Letter Response
Sender: Aria
Recipient: Jareth Clyvelle Clyvelle
Canon Status: Shortly before departing Ryke towards Caelia

To Jareth

Greetings sir, I received your, somewhat crumpled letter and I must say that I'm shocked! I don't really understand what you see in someone such as me. Much less with this recent adjustment I've had to make with my legs. If I'm being honest, it's been difficult and quite a thing to get used to so it certainly brings me a semblance of joy to receive a letter such as the one you sent.

Please don't trouble yourself with what I might think. I appreciate your compliment about my hair, its sweet to know you think its pretty. Don't put yourself down for my sake however, I find your hair quite nice. But perhaps you'd let me comb the knots out of it?

It's good to know that Michael has someone with him, I can't imagine how he must be feeling. Please, send my regards and I hope that your journey proves successful.

You're right to assume about my duties, that much is true. Lady Regula needs all the help she can get, however, I'd be delighted to have dinner with you.

Until then..

-Aria

To the worker bee of the Pavilion

You go by 'Bay' now, I believe. Your name choices never cease to amuse me. Of course, I know your true name, but that secret is mine alone: a cherished gift you gave me some time ago. I shall endeavor to keep it all to myself--just as I hold you so close to me.

I write you this letter knowing full well you won't write me back, yet I know you will express your feelings in your own way. No, I can imagine your face turning a bright red as you read my affectionate words. From the start of our relationship, I always enjoyed cracking that stern outer shell of yours and flustering the hidden emotion underneath.

It is rather funny to think that I am the one who lives in the web, yet you are the one who has ensnared me. The humans call that irony if I recall. It was certainly no tame road that brought you to me. Ours is an eccentric path which twists and turns through the landscape leading us through this adventurous life. I hope to walk it with you for many years and cycles to come.

Forever stuck in your web

Ghedd'un

Type: Letter of Appreciation
Sender: Kalina
Recipient: Garvin Skyhunter Skyhunter
Canon Status: Send in Character, after The Hag of the Overgrown Marshes

Hello Garvin,

Truth be told, it feels a bit odd writing this, as I'm not sure if you're still alive or not. I also don't know your address, so I'll be tossing this towards the Adventurer's Guild and see if one of them is willing to track you down to deliver it. Considering what you might be up too, I bet that'd be quite the adventure for them.

Either way, I'm sincerely hoping you're doing well out there. Every person fighting those bastard undead cults is a gift to this world in my book. I might not be the most lively person myself, but I'd like to believe I'm at least a few leagues above those pests we've been dealing with. I'm also hoping you managed to take well to your brother's powers. He deserved better, but perhaps either of us will at least be able to avenge him. Do feel free to suddenly return as a highly skilled, handsome demon-hunter or something though, I'd gladly play the damsel in distress there~ So long as you'll leave a soft-spot for some less-lively friends such as myself, I bet you'd fit the job well.

With kind regards,

Kalina Chivernu

Recipient: Gawain Dante Verren Dante Verren
Canon Status: Send in Character

Greetings Gawain,

Although I'm not sure where you'd be found these days, I trust this letter will somehow manage to find you. I'm also hoping you're still as lively as those of our kind can be (which isn't a lot, but we'll take what we can get, right?).

Did you manage to leave the whole undead cult slaying business behind or does it seem to be following you as much as it does me? Either way, I must say I'd like to meet some more good-hearted undead folk like you again. It can start to feel a bit lonely when you're the only one of your kind that isn't obsessed with necromancy and cults. Although, I guess it's mostly about the torture and gore that comes with it that bothers me.

Either way, it's nice to know there's folk out there that hate undead cult bastards like Dahak as much as I do. You're far more of a paladin then me, it seems, but I can assure you we've got a great deal of mutual hatred towards them. It's why I hope you're still alive and slaying their foul cult somewhere out there.

With kind regards,

Kalina Chivernu

Type: Love Letter
Recipient: Kurikara EMIYAman EMIYAman

Hey there handsome,

Did someone ever tell you that rogues have a desire to get inside of things they shouldn't enter? It seems I'm no exception to that rule.

Ever since I learned what type of existence you are, I've been eager to get inside of you. What would it be like to be so intimate with a warrior such as yourself? To have our bodies joined together as one? Tell me, can that be anything other than blissful?

Do you recall our talk after the first battle in Kanato? I was rather glad you told me you were grateful to me, as you're the type of person I'd like to own the gratitude of and not just because I want to get inside of you.

I've asked the others if they're still hunting undead out there, but I don't have to ask you. I know you are. You'd not stop hunting evil until every last drop of it is eradicated, wouldn't you?

Then again, if you ever find some time in-between to have ourselves some fun 'experiments' to see just how I can open you up... do let me know.

With the loveliest of regards,

Kalina

Sender: Victorique
Recipient: Dayle Shatter Shard Shatter Shard

Greetings mister Dayle,

I'd like to inform you that we've caught the thief, after following him through portals through-out the entire continent and ending up on an island somewhere in the middle of the Continental Lake. Thanks for helping us in the starting phase, your network is rather impressive. I hope you weren't left with too much of a mess to sort through afterwards?

Either way, I'm afraid I've got to make another request. I'm doing research into the nature of titles and I'm getting suspicious that some folk aren't exactly happy with it. Would you mind using your contacts in the underworld to keep some eyes and ears open regarding anyone looking to eliminate a halfling detective? I'd rather get a head-start if it turns out I need to be running. So long as you don't follow through with it, feel free to take the job yourself, whenever it's offered. It'll be great to have an insider and I'll make sure you'd be rewarded for the effort.

By the way, please let me know if Zeke managed to get a proper burial somewhere. I'd like to pay my respects.

With regards,

Victorique Sopheana

Sender: Regula Caelia
Recipient: Count Sadek Novama Novama
Canon Status: Send in Character, after the events in The Start of Something New

Honourable Count Sadek,

Through this correspondence, I'd like to thank you for the opportunity you've given me to rule these lands. Considering my ties to the previous lord, I know that must not have been an easy decision. I'll do my best to prove that it was the correct one.

Considering the after-effects of all the events at Yemaya, I decided to operate from the relatively small town of Stonewall instead, which had obtained a keep and fortifications through The Order's efforts, although they'll require some maintenance.

In time, I hope that it can become a bustling town from where to properly rebuild and repopulate Yemaya, but for now I wish to focus on developing the remaining infrastructure and villages.

Although I'd love to invite you one day, I'm afraid it seems like this place is not in a proper enough state to receive a count yet, so I'd beg for your patience regarding a formal invitation. If you are willing to share some of your council with me regarding the best manner in which to rebuild, I would be most honoured.

Once more, I'd like to thank you for this opportunity.

With regards,

Baroness Caelia.

Last edited:
Type: Letter of Appreciation/Request Letter
Sender: Pierre Rothel
Recipient: Sariella Von Albuleus Faynorae Faynorae
Canon Status:
Written a few hours after departing from Caelia

To my dear friend Sariel,

Greetings, friend! *insert small drawing of a smiley* How've you been?

It has been quite a while since our meeting, hasn't it? I hope in the highest regards that things are going positively..

Let me start by giving my deepest condolences for the loss of Count Light.. I had a feeling you held him dearly as much as the others who stood close by his side before these unfortunate events had occurred, and I wish to hear how you are holding up.

And yes, by also recieving this letter, it means I..somehow, gained hands. More specifically they're kind of like, just floating. No arm attached, no wrist.. just normal hands that float by my side, as weird as that is.

I'm not too sure how I should go about this.. but.. I simply just need someone to talk to, as I'm currently in a bit of an.. unfortunate situation.

Do you happen to remember the two fair madams I arrived alongside with; Aria Barlow and Regula Caelia? If not, I can give better details in person.

All in all, when you're available, can you meet me at the Kabnak River? Sorry if the request is blunt, but.. I may or may not have run out of space on the paper..

Best of Regards, Pierre Rothel

Type: Totally not a declaration letter
Sender: Arkh
Recipient: Kristina EMIYAman EMIYAman

Hello Lupa,

I hope you have been doing well. Honestly, I've never written a letter, so I'm sorry in advance if this comes off terrible.

Anyway, I've made this one because I wanted to know how you've been doing. You had my back despite the circumstances, and for that I'm grateful, I truly wish that I met your expectations.

I'll admit it, I sort of desired to travel with you. But by the time I made up my mind, you were gone. That I can understand, feels like a natural thing you'd do. And yet, my mind still lingers on the idea of what might have been if I went with you that day. I would like to meet you yet again, if that's not much to ask, you're a fun person to be around even in times of danger.

One last thing: Please keep that one reaction I had that night between us. I'm sure you remember which one I mean. I'd owe you big time if you do that for me.

-Schwarz

Type: Letter of Appreciation (?)
Recipient: Retili conman2163 conman2163
Canon Status: Handed over in Character, shortly after The Start Of Something New and directly before Our Battle Shalt Be Legendary!

Regarding Retili Loxinofican,

In his capacity as scribe and Advisor of Caelia,

Regarding the task of taking census of the barony's population.

I hereby declare that;

1; Mister Loxinofican shall be allowed access to any existent records regarding inhabitants and populace counts.
2; All inhabitants of Caelia Barony are to cooperate with him in stating their names, jobs and the number of people in their household.

Regarding the task of recruiting capable workers for fixing and improving Stonewall and its surroundings,

I hereby declare that;

1; Mister Loxinofican is allowed to scout promising workers in my behalf, whereby;
2; the contracts he offers are in agreement with and will be approved by Baroness Caelia.

Regarding the task of procuring an official show of identity for advisors;

I hereby declare that;

1; Mister Loxinofican is allowed to scout and hire a trustworthy artisan on my behalf, whereby;
2; said artisan shall meet me in Stonewall to finalise the details.

Signed,

Baroness Caelia

Recipient: Amanda Uasal Uasal
Canon Status: Handed over in Character, shortly after The Start Of Something New and directly before Our Battle Shalt Be Legendary!

Regarding Amanda Steelhaven,

In her capacity as potential future Advisor of Caelia,

Regarding the task of designing new schematics for Caelia's infrastructure and buildings;

I hereby declare that;

1; Miss Steelhaven shall be granted access to any public buildings and terrains for the purpose of measuring, redesigning or simply observing them, whereby;
2; inhabitants of Caelia Barony are asked to cooperate in providing information necessary for granting her a better understanding of the current infrastructure and buildings and their future potential.

Signed,

Baroness Caelia

Sender: Janja
Recipient: Cayde The Last Curse The Last Curse
Canon Status: Send in Character, along with a tuft of wool

Hiya, mister!

Do you remember when you and that doggy priest saved my fluff from that gnarly gnoll? Well, I guess that I saved the both of you again afterwards, so we're mostly even on that front, but still! I was thinking about it again not too long ago, because my ram had gotten lost.

Ah, I should tell him that I named him after you. Cayde Ramminger is quite the lady-killer, I'll have you know! He's gotten me so many lambs that I was able to expand the herd and move further south, to greener pastures~ I wonder if he takes after the one he's named after..? I bet he does!

Just kidding! Although it wouldn't surprise me if that was true either! Anyhow, I did want to give you something to remember me by. It might not have been long, but surviving a ritualistically murdering gnoll gives us at least some sort of bond, right? It's a tuft of my wool, the fluffiest it's ever been! I'll send the priest doggy one as well, although I'm not sure if his faith would let him keep it~

You best keep it though! No excuses!

Goodbye!

Janja!

Last edited:
Sender: Demeter
Recipient: Gawain Dante Verren Dante Verren

Dear Gawain,

Greetings it had been some time since last we saw each other. But I wanted to see you again, while I am not able to fulfill this desire now The Master told me aboutsample-7c98d261547c2537545bd5ff2a309e0d.jpg "letters" Unrooted are prone to write. He had to teach me how to write but he said I took to it quickly so now I can speak with you once again. Isn't that wonderful? I had no idea such a thing was possible!

I was unsure how to put this into words. But know that I do not blame you for Persephone's death. I was foolish; my love for my daughter blinded me to the truth. In my fruitless effort to save one child I doomed the others I should not have put such a thing on them. The Dark Forest's former domain has been almost fully revitalized, The Master has told me it won't be long before my "output" reaches what I once had before the corruption spread.

The Master is to blame for Persephones madness I know that now. I... still do not know what to think. The Master gave me life, allowed me to spread my roots and have all my wonderful children. I'm grateful for that truly, but now I cannot help but fear him. I have never hated anyone before not even now, yet I feel like I should hate him for what he did and yet I cannot bring myself to it. Is that wrong of me? Am I terrible mother for being unable to? I do not know. I wish you were here, my first friend. You know this world far better than this foolish mother. My heart aches for my lost daughters, but also for you. Till next we meet, my Hades.

Your friend,
Demeter

Sender: Amaru
Recipient: Aria RavenSong RavenSong
Canon Status: Send in massive batches to all (former) patrons of Amaru's Bathhouse of Miracles.

To our valued customers,

Thanks to your support this year, we've been able to expand on our repertoire of magical scenes. Besides the regular settings of woods, jungle, meadow, desert and sky having been improved, we now offer mountains, glacier, underwater and savannah settings! Future scenes are in the making, with 'the stars' coming up soon, so be sure to keep an eye out!

Furthermore, we now have access to technology that accurately measures your body temperatures and automatically heats or cools the water to be the perfect match to your own body temperatures. Thanks to our MagicHeater 3.0 technology, we can even localise water temperatures for each individual. You'll never be too hot or too cold again!

Finally, as a thank you for your support this year, we offer a 20% off for any couples visiting. Simply tell our personal the phrase “We're back at it again!” and you'll receive a 20% discount on all services, as well as a free drink for the both of you! Discount does not include taxes and cannot be used in groups bigger than 2.

We're looking forwards to seeing your continued support of our establishment,

Amaru's Bathhouse of Miracles

Sender: Ceylan
Recipient: Hildegard Dante Verren Dante Verren

Greetings miss Karling,

How have you been? It occurred to me that you never got to ask the question you had for me, when we parted ways after saving Aegrizora. Considering that was all you asked in return for you aid, it shames me that I wasn't able to fulfil that single simple request.

It's why I'd like to invite you to the Holy City of Vegard, where I am expecting to be taken position as bishop soon. I'm sure someone as righteous and strong as yourself would feel at home alongside the local paladins as well, the Order of Virtus, should you care to meet them.

Either way, I'd like to once again state my gratitude. I've been blessed with healing and good senses, but never with the power to use force to change the world for the better. It's why I'm always grateful when individuals such as yourself are brought upon my path to aid me in what I lack. We may not share the exact same religious views, but we both strive for what is good, which is what matters most to me.

With regards,

Ceylan.

Type: Letter of Admiration
Recipient: Aya saxon saxon
Canon Status: Send in Character. Some sentences are scratched out, but can still be read if one tries hard enough.

Dear Aya,

We may not have interacted much, other than when I reforged your katana, but I'd like to meet again. After all, I'm rather curious. During the short time I saw you at the Meeting in Osun, I swear I saw you having two more tails than I recalled. Did you somehow grow extra ones? And are they as soft, fluffy and amazing to the touch as the first three?

On a more serious note, I'm sorry the meeting was a disappointment to you. I don't blame you for leaving, but I'd like to let you know that we succeeded in peacefully rejoining Ryke. Furthermore, I'm now Baroness Caelia, in charge of the former Thorne Barony.

Although I didn't agree with everything lord Light did, I can assure you that I too, am looking to make the best for this barony and its inhabitants in my own. Should you ever wish to come visit, know that you and those amazing tails of yours are always welcome.

I've also learned of your achievements in Sootspire, a village I plan to visit soon. I'd be great to meet you there, if possible.

With regards,

Baroness Caelia

Last edited:
Sender: Professor Duckleburg
Recipient: Sophia Smith Silent Angel Silent Angel

Dear madam artisan,

I've recent had some youngsters visit my new workshop, the 'Gaze Beyond' and although they were a bit rowdy and distracting, they also reminded me of you and your construct worker. Enough so for me to figure I'd sent you a letter!

After all, I'm happy to inform you that I was able to use and even expand the telescope that you helped me build most excellently. The manners through which the mithril enchantments and the new lenses expose the vast mysteries of outer space continues to be utmost thrilling. It's every bit as amazing and glorious as I hoped it would be and perhaps even more so! The discoveries I'm making in the vastness outside of our own planet are astounding!

If you ever find yourself in the Magic Duchy, do feel free to visit and admire the fruits of your labour. A gaze at the stars through this telescope is worth every second! We could even discuss the schematics to see if we can improve on them even more. Perhaps we could even build a commercial version of the apparatus, so that all may enjoy the wonders of the universe!

With regards,

Professor Duckleburg

Sender: Professor Duckleburg
Recipient: Ingenium EMIYAman EMIYAman

Dear mister tinkerer,

I've recent had some youngsters visit my new workshop, the 'Gaze Beyond' and although they were a bit rowdy and distracting, they also reminded me of you and your fae owner. Could you perhaps ask you if she's willing to sell you to me?

After all, I'm happy to inform you that I was able to use and even expand the telescope that you helped me build most excellently. The manners through which the mithril enchantments and the new lenses expose the vast mysteries of outer space continues to be utmost thrilling. It's every bit as amazing and glorious as I hoped it would be and perhaps even more so! The discoveries I'm making in the vastness outside of our own planet are astounding!

If your owner allows you to do so, feel free to visit and admire the fruits of your labour. A gaze at the stars through this telescope is worth every second! We could even discuss the schematics to see if we can improve on them even more. Perhaps we could even build a commercial version of the apparatus, so that all may enjoy the wonders of the universe!

With regards,

Professor Duckleburg

Type: Letter of ?
Sender: Gra
Recipient: Zolgen TheTimePiece TheTimePiece
Canon Status: Handed to Zolgen after gobbos are back on the menu. Written in delicate and fine cursive handwriting upon a decorative piece of paper. Written in what appears to be blood.

Dearest Zolgen,

First I would like to thank you for your letter, it was most heartwarming to receive. Your words of flattery were not lost on me and I shall keep them in mind forever more. You are a strong and honest Demon, powerful in both will and physical might. It is an absolute pleasure to work alongside you. Your presence fills me with a sense of safety upon the battlefield and it is by your side, or indeed some feet behind you, that I have managed to serve our Lord most effectively.

I however do have some bad news for you. You see Zolgen, I am a fickle woman. Some would say unhinged. My love would destroy you, brake you. My love is not something one should seek out. I admire your boldness, I really do but as one of the Demon lords Generals, you should know your life is already bound to another, as is my own. You are quickly becoming an important person to me, I ask that you settle with that, at least for now.

My condolences,
Gra

Sender: Zahrah
Recipient: Sophia Silent Angel Silent Angel

Hi mom!

I wanted to thank you again for making me! Thanks to that, I've already been able to do so much research into happiness! I was able to meet a really foxy baron and his maids, I was able to conduct plant-based happiness research and got a wonderful friend named Tiefschlaf, I got my own mountain hide-out base (although I haven't visited it yet), and I joined the Mile High Club!

There were also some scary times though, like when terrorists attacked and I nearly drowned, but you've made me sturdy enough to survive it, which is great! I still miss the internet at times, but there are so many other things to do and study here, that sometimes I almost forget it even exists somewhere!

How have you been doing though? Did you and that lady you wanted to gift me to get together again? I hope so~

Also, also, I'm sure my comedy had improved! After all, I've done a lot of socializing with many people and I'm fairly sure I could [Smooth Talk] just about anyone now! Perhaps I can make it so my voice alone makes people happy!

With love,

Zahrah!

Sender: Victorique Sopheana
Recipient: Arthur/The Champion Skyhunter Skyhunter

Dear Arthur,

It's been a while since all the events in that weird amulet dimension, yet I haven't heard any news since. We may not have seen eye to eye much, but it still gives me cause for concern.

After all, it was my idea to leave you there, so I cannot abstain from hoping that choice wasn't the wrong one. Did you successfully garner control over the amulet and the Champion? Did you manage to deal with the Underbelly in the manner you desired to? Are you still capable of being yourself?

Needlessly to say, I'm left with many questions. Sadly to say, event though I'm a detective, I'm hesitant to go and investigate the answers for myself. Like you said, I wasn't exactly made for a place like the Underbelly. Whenever I close my eyes, it's like I can still hear his ominous laughter, which only makes me worried we've fallen right into his trap all along.

Of course, in hindsight, I can't help thinking about the many other things I could've done. Yet I didn't do any of them. I stuck you into that amulet. So please. Be okay.

With regards,

Victorique Sopheana

Sender: Kalina Chivernu Chandra Jarmil
Recipient: Clarice TheSimianMind TheSimianMind

Dear Clarice,

It's been a while, but I've read your letter.

Although I'm grateful for the opportunity of work, I'm afraid I've gotten my schedule full of dealing with an undead cult that's been bugging me for a long time. I'm also planning to risk my life to meet up with some vampire hunters in Widersia in the near future, so that should become an expedition almost as peculiar and treacherous as our journey through those blasted Marshes.

That said, I am interested in your involvement with countering demonic incursions by disrupting cult operations. That's some knowledge that might be useful to me. Perhaps we even share some common enemies. An enemy of an enemy is a friend of mine, after all.

For my closing statement, I'd like to apologise. We didn't exactly see eye-to-eye, but I feel like I saw a bit more of the 'real' you near the end of our journey and that she was a much better person than I gave her credit for. Hopefully you can say the same about me, even though knowing what I am might've only made some things seem worse.

With regards,

Chadra Jarmil

Type: Letter of ???
Sender: Ceylan
Recipient: Maikoa NeramoDJI NeramoDJI

Dear Maikoa,

It's been a while, but I still recall how you suddenly showed up in the Holy City of Vegard, claiming to follow your instincts and how you simply followed us. Although I was unsure what to think of it, you aided me in dealing with the plant that was causing that awful curse to spread through the city. It's why I believed you were a good person.

That's why I was all the more terrified when you suddenly showed up with these monsters. What happened to you? You told me you simply found people to care for, but must they be people that actively cause harm and wrongdoing? Is that truly the path you desire to walk? Even if you don't harm anyone yourself, you're actively supporting those that do, so I must beg you to change your ways.

If you wish to repent, I'll do what I can to aid you. However, there's only so much I can do for you. Change must start from within, so please, think about it. I know there are monsters that are able to overcome their instincts, so your destiny isn't set in stone.

With regards,

Ceylan

Type: Love Letter
Sender: Aileen
Recipient: Ryan Valkan Valkan
Canon Status: Left in Ryan's room, in reply to Ryan's Letter. The handwriting is pretty bad, but legible. Multiple words have been crossed out and re-written, which clearly took a lot of effort. The word 'cyan' is clearly spelled with a struggle.

Dear Ryan,

I've never learned to write much, so I'm sorry if my reply is sloppy.

It's okay, I liked seeing you work. There's not a lot of people my age here, so normally it's just me and my dad. Having some else here is both strange and wonderful.

Your eye-patch is cool. I'll hit whomever makes fun of it with my hammer.

The necklace is very pretty. Thank you.

My dad wants me to go out and check up on equipment of family and friends in other villages. I decided to leave first, to have some time to think. I really like you, but it's all very new to me.

Even so, do you want to join me later? I'll show you some cool places.

My favourite colour is light C-Y-A-N. What is yours?

Also, do you like animals?

I couldn't find out how to close letters, so I'll just say I'll see you later.

Type: Love Letter (?)
Sender: Kelsey
Recipient: Kesh Skyhunter Skyhunter
Canon Status: Send in Character a few days after The Second Breakfast Club

Yo, ratkin gal!

I've gotta come clean. Back at Edric's place, I had to act along with all the rules and whatnot. Reputation things and all that. It's tough to be so uptight and stiff, but alas, those were the rules of the game.

Truth be told though, I can appreciate a gal that knows how to have fun. Kind-off makes me wish you'd have met me instead of Albert, as the good stuff is all wasted on a guy like him.

If you're still around in the area, why don't we meet up somewhere a little more private? For all the 'cheese crotch' comments you made to poor Narine, I want to see if there's some bite to all that bark of yours, if you catch my drift. Besides, I've been curious what a tail like that is capable of. Should be fun times, no?

Ah, if you ever tell someone that I sent you this letter, I'll claim it was just another forgery and sent some guys hunt you down. It wouldn't be the first time that happened, so let's just keep this between us~

I'm looking forwards to some fun times,

Kelsey

Users who are viewing this thread

Back