• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Community [Isekai Hell] February 2023 Event

Type: Appreciation
Sender: Iberis Odhir
Recipient: Hope The Last Curse The Last Curse
Canon Status: Unsent, sent in canon after the Tutor arc.

Hope,

I just wanted to let you know that I'm really glad that we got to meet one another.

I think that your magic is totally cool, and you really helped our team when it mattered most.

I'm sure that everyone else really appreciated your help too.

Hopefully we'll be able to get to do more things together and get to know one another more in the future.

Sincerely,

Iberis Ohdir

Last edited:
Type: Appreciation/Friendship
Sender: Iberis Odhir
Recipient: Kalina Elvario Elvario
Canon Status: Unsent, sent in canon after the Tutor Arc

Kalina,

I wanted to thank you for that really kind letter you sent me earlier.

I'd love to do more things together with you.

If you want too maybe we really should go explore the See together like I suggested. I bet that could be a lot of fun. Just think of all the magical possibilities in a place like that!

Thinking back to that, I really enjoyed that time we spent together that one night.

Sorry that things got a bit messy with the little furry guy and it interrupted your drink.

I'm glad that you enjoyed your time just the time, and I wanted to thank you for being such a great teammate in the times that matter the most.

Lets get together again soon!

Sincerely,

Iberis Ohdir

Last edited:
Type: Admiration, flirty. crude carving in symbolic monster language on tablet.
Sender: Zolgen
Recipient: Gra Uasal Uasal
Canon Status: Unsent, Sent some time in the future after Gobbos are back on the menu!

Gra,

The more time I spend on the battlefield with you the more time that I realize that I wouldn't want it any other way,.

The way you you made that girl choose between her mother or grandfather..it made my demonic core skip a beat.

The way you systematically mentally and physically torture and destroy our enemies, it makes my day so much brighter.

Dominating the weak the way you do, it's practically it's own art.

I'm confident beyond a doubt one day you'll reach your final goal whatever that may be, and I yearn when that day comes you will have decided I was worth keeping around.

Anyway I'll get to the point, looking forward to my future time working with you.

-Zolgen

Last edited:
Type: Admiration, Crude carving in symbolic monster language on tablet.
Sender: Zolgen
Recipient: Nissa saxon saxon
Canon Status: Unsent, Sent some time in the future after Gobbos are back on the menu!

My lord,

Each day we work together it feels like we are getting closer to your goal of domination and rise to Demon Lord.

I look forward to that day when we can lay waste to whoever we please.

It's been very pleasant to have someone as logical and forthright as yourself leading us along in our objectives, very refreshing from the way some of the other monsters I've met like to run things.

You also know how to let us have fun along the way which I more than appreciate.

I desire that we will get to spend more time together moving forwards and that we'll get to fight along side one another for many more battles to come and that you'll show the lesser life forms who has dominion over them and who gets to decide whether they live or die.

-Zolgen

Type: Admiration, engraved.
Sender: Teuihua
Recipient: Hathaway Kenju Law Kenju Law
Canon Status: Sent sometime after Winter's Warmth
Hathaway,

Thank you for showing such kindness when we were moving the objects into and around the church.

After so many years it was so reassuring to meet someone noble like yourself who wants to help people.

You have reaffirmed my belief that there are still those who truly want to do good in the realm even after all those years.

I wish that we will be able to work together again in the future if you desire.

-Teuihua

Last edited:
Type: Reply
Sender: "Du Couer Pur" Ophenia
Recipient: Retilli conman2163
Canon Status: Sent via a messenger

Good Morning!

Salutations Mister Rattaillee! This is “Du Couer Pur” Ophenia! Oh my oh me, I am so glad to hear from you again! It makes me so happy to know that you are doing well. After such misfortunate events, I could not help but have thought the worst.

I am so jubilated to know that I was at least able to help someone. Be sure to know, that I too will be of assistance if you ever need anything in terms of warming things up until they all become smiles!

What is the Caelia Barony like? After being away from Ryke for so long, I have not been up to date with all these new things. Actually, I have only actually been to Ryken and a small in Ryke. I may be able to visit again one day!

If I do visit, I will be sure to hold a beautiful and lovely concert! After all, I have to make up for showing such a sorrowful state of myself. However, until then, I shall be revisiting my home. So until we meet again, I shall be signing off.

With Love and Sincerity,
“Du Couer Pur” Ophenia.

Type: Letter of appreciation (?)
Sender: Euthalia
Recipient: Ophenia Faynorae Faynorae
Canon Status: Sneakily put into her belongings by Keone during Where Reality Ends, Escapists Dream.

Dear Ophenia,

Keeping your unique memory in mind, I decided to have Keone sneak this letter into your belongings for later remembrance.

As your manager, I'd like to suggest some topics for your next concerts. For one, writing about an end to slavery could make for a heart-opening song. It seems to me that everyone has a certain longing to be free, so I bet that it will touch many hearts. Don't forget to mention how awful it is that the East Empire still condones such practices.

Secondarily, a song about heroism and bravery. An heroic epic transcribed into song about a young Fae warrior defending their country against monstrous bugs is sure to inspire people with hope. Don't forget to mention how awful it is that dangerous bugs are wreaking havoc even now.

I'm sure such a lovely idol like you is capable of touching many people's hearts with such songs, even in Aslan. I'll try to be there if I can, but if I cannot, I hope you'll find this letter before your next performance and that you'll know what to do with it. I have faith in you.

With kind regards,

Your manager, Euthalia Apricot

Type: Letter of Appreciation
Sender: Victorique
Recipient: Orchid Lucius Cypher Lucius Cypher
Canon Status: Send around the time of The Second Breakfast Club happening.

Hey Orchid,

So, I know I don't have the best people skills, but thanks. Having a gal like you around really helped drag me through the Underbelly and come out alive.

I'll admit it scares me a bit that you'd consider eating folk, but I guess that's also a pretty amazing trait to use to intimidate folk, which is pretty useful. Sorry that I dragged you around without being able to provide you good work during that whole chase after the thief, I didn't do your talents justice.

So eh... I'm investigating titles now and I'm starting to suspect not everyone is happy about that. I'm probably going to be making enemies soon, so having a trusty mean and green guardian at my side when things get dicey would be a relief. I know I'm not the nicest person to work for and that I didn't exactly offer you the best work, but would you still be willing to get hired by me?

By the way, would it be presumptuous of me to think we're sort-off like friends? Sorry if that's just unprofessional drivel. Like I said, I'm not good with these types of things.

With regards,

Victorique Sopheana

Sender: Regula Caelia
Recipient: Michael Novama Novama
Canon Status: Sent after the events in The Postlude.

Dear Michael,

It's unclear to me how much you learned about the outcome of all events after Yemaya, but I somehow managed to obtain a barony in the aftermath. Although me and Linneus Light are different, I'll try to uphold at least some of our shared ideology.

That said, I figured I'd write this to properly thank you. You might have made a mistake in Yemaya, but nobody can take away the fact that you created a miracle to fix it. The fact that the world seemed to turn its back on you as a result is shameful at best. I'm sorry I can't do more to fix that.

Truth be told, I feel like I never got to know you as well as I should have, considering how often we met. If possible, I'd like to see if we could meet sometime, outside of Ryken, to maybe talk about mithril and enchanting? I'm sorry, it's one of the few things of which I know we share a certain level of interest.

Wherever you are right now, know that you still have friends that wish things would've been solved in a different manner.

With regards,

Regula Caelia.

Sender: "Du Couer Pur" Ophenia
Recipient: Finnegan Orikanyo
Canon Status: Written after [Keep Talking and No One Suffocates]. Sent via a messenger.

Good Morning!

Salutations Fin! This is “Du Couer Pur” Ophenia! How long has it been since we last met? I never had the chance to formally and truly apologise for the adversity I had caused back in the Duchy. I truly do apologise from the depths of my heart for the reckless use of my magic.

I hope I will be able to apologise properly in person someday soon as well! How have you been these days? Has anything interesting happened? Have you been eating properly? Have you eaten anything new these days?

These days I have been feeling somewhat homesick, so I thought that maybe I will revisit home soon. I have been quite stumped in terms of finding inspiration for my songs. Thus, I thought it may serve me well to have a change of scenery. If we see each other again, I hope we would be able to have a pleasant conversation.

My oh my, was it always so late? I must be headed out soon, I shall be signing off.

Dearly, Your Friend,
“Du Couer Pur” Ophenia.

Sender: Abha Roshan
Recipient: Baharius Develius Develius
Canon Status: Send in Character

To my dear friend Baharius,

How have you been? I'd like to inform you that I've been doing great. I managed to return to the Holy City of Vegard and tell the Order of Virtus about my success. Needlessly to say, your efforts played a vital role in that success, for which I'm grateful.

Should you ever be in the area, I'd love for you to come visit. My sister Nana has managed to turn baking cookies into an art-form and I'm sure she'd love to share them with you.

On a more personal note, I must confess you've made me feel something I still can't really put to words. As a paladin, I've always striven to become a beacon of strength, safety and authority. Yet in those marshes, I was at my weakest. That's when I sensed exactly that feeling of safety coming from you. Although I was unconscious for a fair amount of time, I know you've protected me. I've rarely felt that safe thanks to someone else. I wonder, is that what I've always been striving to become? Someone that can give that comfort to others?

May we meet again soon,

Abha Roshan.

Recipient: Scylla RavenSong RavenSong

To my dear friend Scylla,

How have you been? I'd like to inform you that I've been doing great. I managed to return to the Holy City of Vegard and tell the Order of Virtus about my success. Needlessly to say, your efforts played a vital role in that success, for which I'm grateful.

Should you ever be in the area, I'd love for you to come visit. My sister Nana has managed to turn baking cookies into an art-form and I'm sure she'd love to share them with you. I bet she'd like to try your home-made cake in turn. Maybe we can have a bake-off? I'll be the judge!

The next part should forever remain a secret between the two us, but I think you've shown me that being petted and called cute can be very pleasant at times. Please burn this letter after reading it, as nobody may ever learn that I liked such a thing. That said, if you're ever in the area and we can find some time alone, I wouldn't mind if you'd, maybe stroke my ears a bit?

May we meet again soon,

Abha Roshan.

Recipient: Cayde The Last Curse The Last Curse

Dear Cayde,

HOWEVER! You should've told me that you know my sister! Do you know how surprised we both were to learn that you managed to befriend both of us an entire continent apart? You know, I thought I was the one that couldn't stop talking about how versatile your skills were and how much leadership you manage to show, but Nana was even worse. I'd almost think she started worshipping you and that priest you travelled with!

Anyhow, you should definitely visit us again! There are rumours that Ceylan will be made a bishop here. If that's true, we should throw him a celebration party, right? Then we can also celebrate how much you helped both me and my sister properly. At this rate, no party can be big enough to thank you.

May we meet again soon,

Abha Roshan.

Recipient: Kesh Skyhunter Skyhunter

Dear Kesh,

I'll be honest. I never truly understood you. You seem like someone that cares a lot about others, someone strong for the sake of the weak. Yet you also seemed like you were trying to steal from me at a moment's notice. We're both beasts, yet I feel like our cultures are very different. That might just be my own lacking culture knowledge, I'm afraid.

That's probably exactly why I'd like to get to know you a bit better. You helped me when I needed aid, so you're a friend of mine and friends should know about each-other! I'll try to have the Paladins and Guards be a bit more lenient than usual, should you wish to visit, although please don't cause too much trouble... I'll make sure to have some cookies from my sister at the ready though, they're delicious!

May we meet again soon,

Abha Roshan.

Type: Letter of a passionate confession
Sender: Glyde
Recipient: Seven @Etymarchen
Canon Status: ...

My dearest little dove,

Whatever god had their hand in making you must have been a heartless one indeed: your snow white plumage must have been stolen from the very wings of angels! Be that as it may, I shant mourn the death of a celestial that borne you to my throne room this day. My life of luxury has been lacking without your petite silhouette--a truth I was oblivious too until you arrived.

I would have you know that becoming aware of your existence has caused me no small turmoil. The most woeful among harpies I have become! I would liken my dilemma unto not knowing how delectable sunflower seeds are. Then by happenstance coming into that knowledge suddenly only to be told that those prized seeds are beyond my reach. I am consumed with my desire for you, prized seed of the sunkissed flower!

I pray you would accept my invitation to return unto me. I will bestow upon you whatever you desire if you would only share an evening with me. Do not tarry just beyond my reach! I could not bear for you to tease me so! I shall await your response and hope that you would show this most vexed peacock your favor.

Until we meet again my dove,
Glyde

Type: Reply. Admiration, friendship, obsession.
Sender: Scylla
Recipient: Abha Elvario Elvario
Canon Status: After arriving in Ryken.

To dearest Abha.

Hi! Couldn’t help but quickly respond to your letter! Reading it totally made me spill a potion all over my hair. Now it glows from pink to blue. It’ll wear off I hope.

ANYWAY!

I’m absolutely thrilled that I didn’t come off so strongly in the Marshes. It was a tough time for you and I totally just couldn’t help but be fascinated by your soft little face!
And about the baking, I’d love nothing more than to bake you a cake! One completely just for you! I know it’s probably a cliche, buuuut.. a carrot cake would be perfect for a cute little bunny like you!
Ah! I’m up for the challenge. Either way, we’ll end up with quite the sugar rush! I’ll be sure to bring my best tea! Actually.. I’ll be bringing my whole kitchen I think. Thinking about buying a little purse with LOTS of room. Eek! You’ll see!

Oh! And how could I forget to mention that it would really be such a dream come true to cuddle with you! You’re so adorable!

See ya soon cute stuff!

Xoxo!!

Love, Scylla

PS: can I nibble your ears?

Type: Love Letter
Sender: Jareth
Recipient: Aria RavenSong RavenSong
Canon Status: ...
(The parchment is heavily wrinkled as though it were balled up at some point. The lettering is erratic as though written with a nervous hand.)

To Miss Aria,

You probably don't know me, but my name is Jareth Fletcher. I was compelled to write to you as I detected something unexpected about your person: namely your legs. You see, I'm an earth magic user and have the ability to sense the presence of minerals in objects. During that meeting you and I attended in the former Light County, I noticed your legs were actually made of mithril.

It's not like I'm a pervert or anything! And besides, you have much more to offer than your legs!

Your hair, for example! It's white and short like mine. But yours is WAY prettier!

Anyway, I was writing in hopes that you might join me for dinner sometime. I know you're quite busy helping Lady Regula. I myself will be busy with a few projects around the county myself. I'm starting a few mines as well as helping Michael relocate the Leilosis monks. Oh, but I'm not too busy to share a meal with you if you would be interested! I hope you to hear from you!

Sincerely,

Jareth Fletcher

Sender: Orchid
Recipient: Victorique Elvario Elvario
Canon Status: Response after receiving previous letter.

Hey Boss,

Always appreciate being wanted, whether it's for my skills or just my company. And for a client, you're probably one of the best ones I've worked with so far. You pay me well and you're honest, which are two things that most mercs don't always get to see together.

I enjoy working with you, you have a talent for finding trouble and being useful in ways I can never be. You're the brains to my brawns, and that's something I'll pay good money for. Whether we're fighting knights in the Underbelly or chasing thieves across the country, you always surprise me with how handy you are. You never disappoint.

So hearing that you're looking into these weird meta-title things that pop around people's heads is something I'd be down for. I've always been pretty curious myself about what was up with those things, like how one exactly goes about obtaining or getting rid of one. If the world itself is trying to stop you, then it's only natural that someone like me works with someone like you.

Hard to say if we're friends but I'd like to think we're good partners. An honestly, that's something I would like more. Friends come and go in my career. It's something I've gotten used to not having. Whether it's because I'm always on the road or because those friends die in the line of work, what I really need are reliable people I can trust at my side. And I consider you one of those people. I can only hope that I'm half as important to you as you are to me.

See you around,

Orchid

P.S. I've gotten a bit better at cooking and even learned magic to give it an extra kick. Maybe next time you want to go eat something fancy, I can just cook you something up.

Type: Friendship/Appreciation
Sender: Scylla
Recipient: Iberis TheTimePiece TheTimePiece
Canon status: Enchanted the letter, folding it into a paper airplane and sent directly to Iberis when arriving in Ryke right after leaving the Marshes with Kalina.

Dear, Iberis.

I’m really super sorry for not having joined you and madam Renee on such an important mission to uncover the relic that could probably grant infinite knowledge. There’s no excuse really, but I couldn’t say no to another student who seemed like she’d get very far!

Well, just sending you this letter to let you know I’m okay, and well I hope you’re doing okay too! Uhm, you think you could help me with madam Renee. She wasn’t happy at all with me not attending. Regardless! I found the plant we were looking for and it’s absolutely beautiful! I can’t wait to show you! No one in the Ryken academy is going to believe this! Surely, I’ll apply to be a professor and now that I’m making a name for myself, I’ll definitely get in! Hehe! You know what that means? My cute little witch? It means we get access to the forbidden section of the library!!

I’m so smart aren’t I? Anywho! Got to run!

Bye!!

Type: Love Letter
Sender: Kalina
Recipient: Sophia Silent Angel Silent Angel

Hello love,

It's been a while. How have you been? I haven't seen you in the Crafting Guild lately, even though I've come by to check on the regular. Did your work take you elsewhere? I understand leaving notes is a bit difficult in our situations, but if you have the opportunity, I'd really appreciate a sign of you still doing well. I'm getting a bit worried, you know?

With that out of the way, I must confess something. You know how they say that you only miss a thing when it's gone? It's true. Absence does make the heart grow fonder. That said, it's weirder than I thought. I've come to realise that it's not just your company and your blood that I'm missing. I'm also missing the fact that you enjoyed when I took it. I haven't found anyone else who does. I'm not sure if that's just the monster in me or if you awoke something that should've been kept slumbering, but considering you're the one that got me into it, I believe you should at least take some responsibility, right?

Hoping to hear from you again soon,

Kalina

Sender: Victorique
Recipient: Rachael Silent Angel Silent Angel

Dear Rachael,

I'm not great with people skills, so I'll get straight to the point. Where the hell have you been? Someone like you should be spotted from a mile away and yet I can't seem to find you anywhere.

Is this about the time I accidentally spotted you were going commando? I swear it was an accident! My eye level is just far below your skirt level and when you stop right in front of me and start talking, I automatically look up. I swear I jumped back the moment I realised what I was looking at! Anyhow... Sorry.

That said, I've been trying to investigate these title things lately and it looks like not everyone likes that I'm doing so, so I might need some extra brawn. I also met a green gal you might like, you're alike in a few ways. Well, I guess you're mostly both just very tall? Don't say I'm just compensating for what I lack myself, it's just a coincidence!

Okay, how about this. I'll humour you again for another clothes' shopping trip if you give me a reply, though I already fear I'll regret it. How does that sound?

Regards,

Victorique

Type: Letter of Appreciation (?)
Sender: Regula Caelia
Recipient: Pierre Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo
Canon Status: Multiple copies handed over to the Adventurer's Guild in order to find Pierre and deliver them. It's written in a rather crude hand-writing, suggesting the writer was rather emotional when writing it.

Dear Pierre,

What the hell are you thinking?!?

You've made me feel so many mixed emotions that I don't even know where to start. Do you know how disappointed I am that you wouldn't even talk to me? Do you know how angry I am that you make this decision on your own? Do you know how sad I am that you feel forced to do this?

Besides, do you really think I care about dangers like that?!? I've gotten on the bad side of the entire East Empire and I'm neck-deep in political drama since the day I was born. Whatever troubles you think you'd cause me is little more than a speck of dust on my wings. In fact, this behaviour is probably the only thing that does cause me trouble. Get those threads rolling back here right now! That's a baroness' command, so you'd better obey!

If this letter doesn't find you soon or if you ignore it, I swear I will sent in a bounty-hunter to return you. You'll see just how greedy I can get about keeping my friends close to me.

Awaiting your swift return,

Regula Caelia

Last edited:
Type: Letter of Admiration
Sender: Euthalia Apricot
Recipient: Ciu'nan Clyvelle Clyvelle

Dear miss Ciu'nan,

Although we have never been fortunate enough to meet, I was lucky enough to learn of your existence in my attempts to learn more about Fae living in diaspora in the countries neighbouring The See. It's a task I've taken on in preparation of becoming a diplomat for our great nation.

From what I've gathered, you are a true inhabitant of the forest. As a Sylvari, I instantly feel kinship with those who that decide to reject man-made buildings and embrace the forests as their home. If permitted, I'd love to visit one day.

Considering I found your name going through some documents regarding the relations of a certain county and wilderness Fae living in diaspora, I've concluded that you might be capable of understanding the Humans and their politics better than I do. It'd be an honour if you were willing to meet with me one day, so that you might perhaps teach me how to better handle these creatures.

I know you're not a Sylvari or Dryad, but I shall end off this letter with our traditional greeting regardless.

May you root in fertile grounds and enjoy the sun's rays,

Euthalia Apricot

Sender: Ceylan
Recipient: Malerie Silent Angel Silent Angel
Canon Status: Send in Character somewhere after the events of The Fox and The Hound

Dear Malerie,

I'd like to inform you that our journey was a success. The cardinal was able to cure our conditions and my legs are back in working order. Thanks for you support during this journey.

That said, I believe it might have been a good thing you abstained from meeting the Cardinal. He was a rather eccentric figure and I'm not sure if he'd have embraced someone of your nature.

Regarding that nature, I must say I feel heavily conflicted. Your aid during the curing of the Holy City of Vegard was irrefutably great and you've shown a loyal friend. Even so, the world will judge you for your nature more than for your deeds.

My position in the Syncretist Church means I have to act carefully, limiting my ability to freely associate with whomever I wish to associate with. However, I am doing what I can to learn of new ways to prove to the world that some people can rise above their nature.

Perhaps we can meet again, in private and away from the cities. I wish I could offer more, but I'm afraid my options are limited.

May the gods be with you,

Ceylan

Last edited:
Type: Letter of Love(?)
Sender: Ryan
Recipient: Aileen Elvario Elvario
Canon Status: Send in Character, several days after The Start Of Something New. Slid under her room's door, inside the envelope there's a sterling silver necklace along with the letter itself.

Dear Aileen

Gobán's list of works have kept me somewhat busy, so allow me to apologize for not being able to keep my word on properly sitting down with you and properly show you the ropes of enchanting. While on the topic of sitting down with you, I also apologize for not being able to get a chance to just be with you outside of work.

I was considered a weird kid back on my village. The other kids were unhappy to see the eyepatch kid show up. That combined with my hobby that later turned into my job made me rather unpopular. What I'm trying to say with this is, seeing someone my age so into smithing, who admired my work, and on top of that is very cute. It makes me feel something I can't quite put into words.

All I know is that being with you, seeing you, hearing you, makes me very happy. I hope you enjoy our time together as much as I do. I left you a little present along with this letter. It's inside the envelope as well, I hope you like it.

Sincerely,

Ryan Kylieth

P.S: While I'm at it, what is your favorite color?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back