• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
gXzxxt5.jpg

Basic Information
Character Name: Evalynn Rakhila Madore
Nickname(s): Eve
Sound Grade:
Squadron:
Height:
5'6"
Weight: 137 lbs
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Hazel
Sound Aura Color and Appearance: Her aura is a shimmering silver consisting of threads of sound that sew themselves along the white patterns in her clothes. These threads resonate with her desires/thoughts as she plays her instrument.

Position: Lead Accordionist

General Appearance: Evalynn is more physically fit than people give her credit for, though most of her muscle is focused on her shoulders, abs, and legs. The traditional garments handed down from her family hides most of this, known in her home town to help one focus due to herbs infused into the fabric. On her arms and hands are faint scars from raising her pet wolf from a pup to an adult wolf, her loyal companion that's earned the sole right to live forevermore in the picture framed within her necklace's locket.

Personality: Evalynn is known for being very patient and understanding to everyone she meets, and is inherently kind to a fault. Despite her naivety as of the true motives of the world, her optimistic outlook helps her keep her nose on the grindstone and withstand stress and pressure many find unbearable. She's not known to talk about her feelings, choosing to express herself through other means she keeps hidden from others.

Current Story:
-Evalynn was born out of wedlock between her Russian father and her Canadian mother, both of whom had been living together as roommates in Montréal for years before her conception. Though the city was where she was born, she moved out into the country side with her parents shortly after her birth due to concerns over growing inter-city turmoil. While her mother was considered part of the common people, her father was a member of a rich family who was ignored and avoided by fellow family members; having moved away in pursuit of a better life elsewhere using what little funds he was entitled to. Despite their struggles living mediocre lives at best, she found her life with her parents enjoyable. She grew particularly interested in hunting with her mother and studying under her father about being a diplomatic envoy.

-When she was a month away from turning 10 years old, she came across a wounded wolf pup crying out in pain; its body pinned by a rock too heavy for the small animal to move. Having just finished hunting with her mom, she in turn cried out for help as she ran over to the rock. Despite her best attempts, the rock barely budged to her efforts. As her mom came to see what the commotion was about the howls of a pack echoed in the distance, the pup seeming to grow more anxious. Evalynn pleaded to her mom to help the pup, tearing up in desperation as the howls seem to grow closer. Without hesitation her mom ran down to help move the rock as well. Inch by inch their combined efforts moved the rock off of the pup, and as it crawled out from underneath they both let go of the rock; her mom picking her up and carrying her away from the pup into the brush. From there they watched, the pack of wolves running up to the freed pup. After a bit of looking around and sniffing the pack seemed to grow agitated, running away and leaving the injured pup behind. Evalynn came out of the brush shortly after as the pup tried chasing after the pack, only to slide back down the slope as it flinched from the injury. Now her faithful companion, the wolf pup was taken into the care of her family as one of their own; helping out during hunts and keeping guard for the family during the night.

-As Evalynn turned 13 years old, she was woken up by her parents quickly opening the door and shaking her awake, as machines could be heard outside if their cottage marching through the soft layers of snow. Her pet wolf sensed the danger as well and silently watched the bedroom doorway as she and her parents stuffed themselves into her closet. By the time they were snug behind the sliding wooden doors her companion jumped onto her bed and laid down, with the machines making their way inside and entering her room. As one of the machines approached the closet the rumbling stomps of a mech drew their attention away from searching the closet, with the machines quickly vacating the cottage in pursuit of a bigger threat. That was the catalyst that inspired her to become a mech pilot, dedicating part of her free time to learn how to play the accordion.

Sound Power

Instrument
Instrument Name: Double-Tap
Type: Accordion
Energy: Shimmering silver feathers
Power: When one can hear the perfect symphony that gushes out of her accordion, their perception of time slows down and coherent thoughts pave the way to faster reactions. All allies have a 25% chance per turn to perform an additional attack, defend, or support action for 5 turns. All nearby enemies have a 25% chance per turn to make an additional action as well, but enemy attacks will be weakened for the entire 5 turn duration. Has a cooldown of 8 turns after initial use, power affects allies and enemies from as far away as 50 meters.

Last edited:
Soviet Panda Soviet Panda

Please do not rush this. It's an easy correction lol. I just wrote about this...How many targets is this attack effecting? Also, what are you hoping the frying of the circuitry to accomplish? Are you trying to stun the enemies for a duration? If so, how long are they stunned?
I would like it to do appreciable damage to multiple targets. Something where if this were a video game you can look at your kills and damage and go "I did a good job". Doesn't matter those kills and that damage went on to things that anyone could have easily taken care of, you freed your team mates up to focus on and do damage to the big thing that's throwing rocks the size of a modest house around like Legos and you're pretty sure fired a laser at some point, but that wasn't your problem as there were about 20 little goblins trying to get in the way and take a shot for their supreme overlord. You know what I mean?

II-CinderRadcliff-II II-CinderRadcliff-II

When one can hear the perfect symphony that gushes out of her accordion, their perception of time slows down and coherent thoughts pave the way to faster reactions. All allies have a 25% chance per turn to perform an additional attack, defend, or support action for 5 turns. All nearby enemies have a 25% chance per turn to make an additional action as well, but enemy damage will be reduced by 15% for the entire 5 turn duration. Has a cooldown of 8 turns after initial use, nor is this power affected by cooldown reductions. Power affects allies and enemies from as far away as 50 meters.

The ability was good up until the bolded points. This isn't a stat game. This is a freeform game so saying 15% reduction, we have no way to measure what that even looks like in the game. Therefore, this needs to be changed. As for "initial use" what does the cooldown change to after consecutive use? I wouldn't bother mention "cooldown reductions." If your character grows, then you can decide to reduce their reduction later.

I would like it to do appreciable damage to multiple targets. Something where if this were a video game you can look at your kills and damage and go "I did a good job". Doesn't matter those kills and that damage went on to things that anyone could have easily taken care of, you freed your team mates up to focus on and do damage to the big thing that's throwing rocks the size of a modest house around like Legos and you're pretty sure fired a laser at some point, but that wasn't your problem as there were about 20 little goblins trying to get in the way and take a shot for their supreme overlord. You know what I mean?
If you are finding a hard time writing a coherent ability, then I'm sorry to say this, but this may not be the right game for you. Reading comprehension and being able to effectively write a response to an enemy situation are going to be major in this game. If you misinterpret something, or if you write too much information that your team is confused, then it will make a huge problem that I will try to catch immediately. But if it becomes a habit, then I would rather avoid this.

I told you the changes that need to be made, and if you're having a hard time making these changes, then there isn't much else I can do. Again, this game just might not be the right fit for you.

II-CinderRadcliff-II II-CinderRadcliff-II

The ability was good up until the bolded points. This isn't a stat game. This is a freeform game so saying 15% reduction, we have no way to measure what that even looks like in the game. Therefore, this needs to be changed. As for "initial use" what does the cooldown change to after consecutive use? I wouldn't bother mention "cooldown reductions." If your character grows, then you can decide to reduce their reduction later.
Fixed the 15% debuff to just generally weakening their attacks. As for the 'initial use' bit, it's just to clarify that the cooldown starts immediately after using the power instead of at the end of the 5 rounds.

Squadron One Complete!

Any applications I receive from this point on will be for Squadron Two, the last squadron for the game.

Haze- Haze- Uasal Uasal GrieveWriter GrieveWriter Megilagor Megilagor Monday Monday GasMaskie GasMaskie II-CinderRadcliff-II II-CinderRadcliff-II

I need to know who absolutely does not want to use Discord, and you guys need to decide on a team name. If everyone is good with Discord, then I'll make a discord server. If one person says they will not use Discord, then I'll make an OOC thread.

Squadron One Complete!

Any applications I receive from this point on will be for Squadron Two, the last squadron for the game.

Haze- Haze- Uasal Uasal GrieveWriter GrieveWriter Megilagor Megilagor Monday Monday GasMaskie GasMaskie II-CinderRadcliff-II II-CinderRadcliff-II

I need to know who absolutely does not want to use Discord, and you guys need to decide on a team name. If everyone is good with Discord, then I'll make a discord server. If one person says they will not use Discord, then I'll make an OOC thread.

Also as for the Discord talk, so far I know Haze, Nacht, GasMaskie, Cinder, and Megilagor are good for Discord.

I need to get a response from Monday Monday and GrieveWriter GrieveWriter on whether they are okay with Discord or not.

If you are finding a hard time writing a coherent ability, then I'm sorry to say this, but this may not be the right game for you. Reading comprehension and being able to effectively write a response to an enemy situation are going to be major in this game. If you misinterpret something, or if you write too much information that your team is confused, then it will make a huge problem that I will try to catch immediately. But if it becomes a habit, then I would rather avoid this.

I told you the changes that need to be made, and if you're having a hard time making these changes, then there isn't much else I can do. Again, this game just might not be the right fit for you.
I'm just trying to make an aoe damage ability that'll be somewhat useful, whether it be against 2 or 200. I've edited it once more to include it stating that it does damage to the 4 closest targets with a 3 turn cool down, I have also removed the 1 turn charge that it previously had.

I'm just trying to make an aoe damage ability that'll be somewhat useful, whether it be against 2 or 200. I've edited it once more to include it stating that it does damage to the 4 closest targets with a 3 turn cool down, I have also removed the 1 turn charge that it previously had.
I can't say how to make a good ability for all situations, but I'd recommend just going for something fun and tweaking it as needed so it isn't broken. You could refer to how I did Evalynn's ability to see how it would work, but I'd recommend making a list of potential ideas and sorting through what works and what doesn't.

Soviet Panda Soviet Panda With that cool down, you make your character useless. Look, I appreciate your determination, but I really do see this as a problem that I do not want to deal with later. If you're having this difficult of a time creating one ability for your character, then I can foresee you struggling later when you have to make more as your character grows. I really do not think this is the game for you, and I can't accept you. I see this as a red flag, and I always follow my intuition.

All right; it's a new day. I am looking forward to see if we get anyone for Squadron Two. If we don't, then they will be NPCs, but I am really certain we can get a second squadron. This will be the last squadron in the game. So I will be accepting seven more folks before we are full!

For anyone viewing this RP, I'm going to be starting the Auditions in the IC. Because each approved character will have to audition, I can see it taking up to a week or two to get them through. If we have anymore writers interested in joining this story, I encourage you to continue to post up character sheets here. I am only starting Squadron One just so by the time we do complete Squadron Two, auditions will be ready for them.

The hardest section for most people is the ability section. It honestly is not the hardest section. It is the easiest section compared to the backstory and personality. The issue is some players have been overthinking the ability. Please keep it simple. If there's something wrong with it, then I will tell you what's wrong and what you need to correct. If you don't listen, then there's nothing I can do (Rule 2).

Feel free to read the auditions as they happen. Whatever inspires you to check us out. :closedeyessmile:

We're nearing the end of the auditions for Squadron One. If we complete the auditions, then I will be closing the game to any further applications. I am interested in receiving a Squadron Two, but if we don't get one, then they just become part of my GM story-enriching toolbox.

We had a character in Squadron One fail their audition, so there's 1 open slot in Squadron One.

Still looking for complete roles for Squadron Two.

I only ask that anyone applying to this game, please come here to write a story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back