• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
Monday Monday

I was not expecting a violin, but I am so excited that you did. I love the character. Very believable. My only comment was for the ability. What is the maximum amount of enemies she can rope? I didn't want this to be an infinite amount.

Monday Monday

I was not expecting a violin, but I am so excited that you did. I love the character. Very believable. My only comment was for the ability. What is the maximum amount of enemies she can rope? I didn't want this to be an infinite amount.
Thank you! I'm happy you like it!

Hmm, maybe she can start with roping two enemies and then work up to three or four?

Are combo characters allowed, such as a rythm guitarist/vocalist?

Basic Information
Iron FC.jpgCharacter Name: Lorenzo Amante
Nickname(s): Enzo
Sound Grade:
Squadron:

Height:
5'10''
Weight: 150 lbs.
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Gold
Sound Aura Color and Appearance: Enzo's Aura seems to draw natural light upon him like a spotlight while also darkening the immediate area around him. As the performance continues, a white mantle begins to form around his shoulders and flows outward.
Position: Pianist

General Appearance: Enzo's lithe frame almost seems to convey a sense of frailness to him, though this tends to be obscured by the layers of dark clothing he prefers to wear when given the chance. He moves in a slow, deliberate manner - almost as if the very act of living is a performance to him. The only exceptions, of course, being his hands and fingers. While his movements remain calculated in the thick of battle, any sort of lethargy or slowness apparently vanishes.

Personality: Enzo's demeanor can be best described as frosty. He carries himself with a certain amount of pride that comes with his own proficiency with the piano, and also seems reluctant to really socialize with others. In a way, it's almost as if he's cultivating the image of a lone flower upon a frosty peak. Unfortunately, this makes cooperation a difficult task for the pianist. He can be stubborn when it comes to performing with others and is fiercely independent on the battlefield.

He's not the sort to wear his heart upon his sleeve either - the man is intensely stoic to the point where one might question if he feels anything. Though, criticizing his piano playing will provide a fast answer to that query. That, or his apparent preference for classical pieces over modern ensemble songs. His piercing yellow gaze, however, points to him being a deeply observant individual.

Underneath all the layers of permafrost, Enzo is a deeply paranoid individual wrestling with devils from his past. A good night's rest does not come easy for the young man - and yet, his stubborn insistence on never being the weakest link in the chain despite his lone wolf tendencies makes it difficult for others to ever detect the trauima that lays below the surface. Enzo's trust is hard to earn between that paranoia that gnaws at his core and a frigid front that repels all but the most determined of individuals.

The illustrious Amante family has had a long and storied history of producing high-class traditional musicians in a broad variety of instruments, whether that be strings, brass, or percussion. Enzo is no exception to this lineage, as one might expect. Through a rigorous and harsh upbringing, the young man's talents were drawn out and sharpened to a fine point. With a destiny planned out before him, Enzo danced to his family's wishes and performed admirably as a child prodigy. He had a bright future of concerts and orchestras ahead of him of course...

Until the Legion managed to penetrate the defenses of his city. In one fell swoop, one terrible evening, the Amante family was reduced to one man as Enzo managed to escape the mechanical horde and survive until EIA reinforcements arrived to retake the area and render aid. From then on, there was a marked change in the boy who would spend the next few years in obscurity and uncertainty. When he finally re-emerged in the public eye, there was a drastic change in his demeanor and appearance - furthermore, his own proficiencies with the piano had increased tenfold.

With the fall of his city pointing towards an inevitability in his original career path, the young man began to make preparations to join the IWA. Not out of a sense of obligation or vengeance for the family he lost. But rather, another opportunity to demonstrate his talents - in a far more destructive and flashy fashion.

Sound Power

Instrument
Instrument Name: Requiem
Type: Piano
Energy: White threads form around his neck and shoulders before quickly forming into an ethereal cloak.
Power: Requiem is a support power, conjuring three specters clad in antiquated white garments. They float off the ground and their movement speed is dictated by the intensity of Enzo's performance. They'll quickly fade away if his playing stops or is otherwise interrupted and he can only summon a maximum of three at a time. Despite their ethereal nature, these phantasms are capable of interacting with physical objects. These ghosts are rather frail, fading away should they be hit with a few shots from a firearm or struck by a melee weapon. Their primary use is to simply take blows for Enzo and halt enemy advances by intercepting them and holding them down. It takes a turn of performing to re-summon a fallen specter.

Connor is completed and feeling a little lacking compared to the other characters posted so far. As for OOC vs. Discord, I'm partial towards Discord but either works for me.

Soviet Panda Soviet Panda

Most people who join this game struggle with the simplest part of the sheet: the ability.

Instrument
Instrument Name: Banger
Type: Sound board/mixer
Energy: Crackling electricity
Power: Taking a turn to charge, Connor unleashes a violent wave of electrical energy crashing into a target, sweeping away lesser foes like gnats before slamming into a larger, more sturdy foe, blasting apart armor and crippling systems.

There is too much going on in this ability description. Striking a single target, trying to wipe away lesser foes (subjective), and then slamming into a larger sturdier foe (if there is one). You need to fix this and make it simple. This ability needs to do one thing. If it has a duration, then you need to describe it's duration. Otherwise, if it is just a single strike attack, then you need to describe what that single strike does.

I am trying to make it a horde management ability, and I have reworded it to reflect this, hopefully. Would most if not all of the bots be able to do a factory reset if Connor zaps them? If so, how long would you say that would take? I will then add 2~3 rounds extra for the cool down of the power. However, if hordes of bots aren't going to be much of a thing in this rp, I shall go back and rework it towards being single target dps.

Soviet Panda Soviet Panda The problem is how you're wording it.

Taking a turn to charge, Connor unleashes a violent wave of electrical energy crashing into a target, sweeping away lesser foes like gnats before slamming into a larger, more sturdy foe, blasting apart armor and crippling systems.

You say that your attack crashing into a target (1), and then sweeps away lesser foes (don't even use this wording because I'd ask you what you think lesser foes are) (2), and then slams into an entirely different target that you're hoping is large and sturdy in order to cripple the armor and systems (3).

Your attack is doing too many things and you're making your attack have a criteria in order for it to even exist. The criteria being a single target, lesser enemies, and then a large foe. If you're trying to make an AOE, then your AOE needs to state that it does one thing to effect "x" amount of targets. If your attack is a single target, then it needs to state the specific thing it does to 1 target.

If you're trying to make it an AOE with a status effect such as shutting down systems, then shutting down the systems is one thing.

Damaging a system is another thing.

So it needs to be either a single target, an AOE, a damaging AOE, or a status effect AOE. It cannot be all of these and you need to get rid of listing the specific criteria. You can look at the approved character sheets to see how your peers wrote them.

Also, you guys need to correct your CSes ability section: GrieveWriter GrieveWriter :

Once the Monochromatic Swirls reach a sort of critical mass, they can be fired in a violent wave of black and white that can leave enemy units disrupted for one turn.

You need to state specifically "how many" enemy units.

Monday Monday

Once enough strings are produced, they can be controlled in unison to weave and constrict around enemies, snaking into any opening and dealing continuous damage as the vibrations from her playing travel along them. After three turns, the threads forcefully detach themselves from their targets, slashing at their internal components as they do so and dealing an extra burst of damage before dissipating. This effect is amplified when multiple targets are connected by the threads.

How many enemies? "multiple targets" and "enemies" are not specific numbers.

Last edited:
I have changed it. It now reads 'Taking a turn to charge, Connor unleashes a violent wave of electrical energy that sweeps across an area, frying the circuitry of the more rudimentary bots. Connor can do this once every 3 turns.'

As of right now, it kills the bots, but if they have redundancies it would stun or, since I can only have one thing, it would not effect them. I also am unsure of an acceptable range for this ability.

Soviet Panda Soviet Panda

Taking a turn to charge, Connor unleashes a violent wave of electrical energy that sweeps across an area, frying the circuitry of the more rudimentary bots. Connor can do this once every three turns.

Please do not rush this. It's an easy correction lol. I just wrote about this...How many targets is this attack effecting? Also, what are you hoping the frying of the circuitry to accomplish? Are you trying to stun the enemies for a duration? If so, how long are they stunned?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back