• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Into the Ruins - Exalted 3e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
From my understanding, it looks like you did 7 damage. But I'm not the Storyteller.

Edit: Purr Purr I actually see that you got +9 initiative, giving you 8 levels of actual damage. Cool.
Whoa! If 5 or more got through, I'm definitely going for that grapple gambit (not because I understand what it does, but because it sounds beneficial to us)! =)

I am not 100% sure on the rules for that, but I would think that it would make the object of the grapple easier to hit since he's unable to defend himself as well.

I am not 100% sure on the rules for that, but I would think that it would make the object of the grapple easier to hit since he's unable to defend himself as well.
I could live with that!

Quite nicely after all that son of a gun has done! =)

Last edited:
Psychie Psychie How much damage did O Mighty Fat Cat get Han Tha for, please? I'm asking for the possibility of Leaping Pounce.

If a great cat moves into close range with an enemy of the same size or smaller and deals 5+ damage to it with a withering attack on the same turn, it may pay a point of Willpower to reflexively make a grapple gambit against its prey.
You scored 8 successes, so you can declare the Grapple if you wish.

Hey Purr Purr Here is the text on Grapples from the book for you.

Grapples are initiated through a grapple gambit. Upon
succeeding at the gambit, the grappler makes a control
roll, which determines how long she can keep the grapple
locked on. This is an opposed (Strength + [Brawl or Martial
Arts]) roll between the grappler and her target. Should
the target win or tie, then the target escapes the grapple
on his next turn. Should the martial artist win, she gains
control of the grapple during her current turn, and for a
number of additional rounds equal to the number of successes
by which she beat her target. After those turns
elapse, the grappled target automatically escapes the
grapple. A grapple will also immediately end if the grappler
suffers Initiative Crash.
While grappling or being grappled, both characters suffer
a -2 penalty to their Defense and cannot perform flurries.
Victims caught in a grapple cannot take movement actions,
and suffer a -1 penalty to all attacks, or a -3 penalty to all
attacks using two-handed weapons.
Each time the grappler suffers an attack and/or damage
from any source, she forfeits one turn of control of the
grapple. For example, a wrestler who clinches an opponent
and wins the control roll by a margin of 5 successes will
maintain control for 5 additional turns. In that same round,
she is attacked twice; one attack misses, while the other
inflicts 3 points of Initiative damage. Because she was attacked
twice and damaged once, she forfeits three turns of
control—the victim will now escape after only 2 turns.
During each turn in which the grappler maintains the clinch,
including the turn on which she initiates it, she must choose
to apply one of the following effects: she may savage the
opponent, restrain and drag him, or throw him. She may
also release him at any time. She can take no other movement
or combat actions so long as the grapple persists.
Savage: The grappler injures her opponent, choking him,
wrenching his limbs, stretching his joints, or bashing him
into nearby scenery. The savage action applies withering
or decisive damage to the grappled opponent without
chance of failure or opportunity for defense. If the grappler
chooses to inflict withering damage, she makes an
unarmed attack roll against Defense 0 for the purpose of
determining extra damage. Again, this attack hits the opponent
automatically, even if the character generates 0
successes on the attack roll. With a decisive attack, no
attack roll is necessary—just roll Initiative, apply damage,
and reset to base as usual.
Restrain/Drag: This action uses up two rounds of control,
and can’t be used if the victim wins the control roll. The
attacker locks the victim up in an immobilizing hold. This
inflicts no damage, but prevents the victim from taking
any action at all on his next turn. While restraining her
opponent, the character may take a movement action, and
in doing so, drag the victim with her. This might be used
for abductions, to haul a target out from behind cover, or
perhaps even to drag an individual into an area that is
harmful to the victim but harmless to the attacker (such
as a Water Aspect Dragon-Blooded pulling an opponent
into a river to drown him).
Throw/Slam: The grappler ends the clinch prematurely,
slamming the victim into the ground or a nearby surface
within close range. This inflicts damage in the same fashion
as savaging the opponent, with the following difference:
the attack’s damage dice pool is boosted by 2 dice per turn
of control forfeited by ending the clinch prematurely if
withering, or by 1 die per turn if decisive. The opponent
is left prone (p. 202) by this maneuver. A throw/slam maneuver
can only benefit from a maximum of up to (Strength)
turns of control forfeited; any greater number of turns are
simply lost with no benefit. Decisive slams normally inflict
bashing damage but can inflict lethal damage if the chosen
impact point is particularly deadly (such as into a bonfire,
or onto a spike).
Release: The attacker simply releases the clinched victim
without harming her. Release is a reflexive action rather
than a combat action, and may be performed at any time.

Ok, Purr Purr ; You are in control of the Grapple, and you have a few options of what you want to do. Would you like to use your 16i to perform a Savage attack to do some damage to Han Tha? Or do you have something else in mind that you'd like to do?

Ok, Purr Purr ; You are in control of the Grapple, and you have a few options of what you want to do. Would you like to use your 16i to perform a Savage attack to do some damage to Han Tha? Or do you have something else in mind that you'd like to do?
Psychie Psychie Restrain and Drag for the win.

O Mighty Fat Cat wants to make him as vulnerable as possible to the attacks of the rest of his Circle.

Given their size differences, maybe this means "unwrapping" him like a burrito. Flatten him prone so that Da Chonk can set one giant paw over his arms and his other paw over his thighs and legs. In this position, his mid-section and head are wide-open to attack from his Circle.

Is that possible, or should O Mighty Fattest of Cats involve his fangs and teeth and try something else?

Psychie Psychie Restrain and Drag for the win.

O Mighty Fat Cat wants to make him as vulnerable as possible to the attacks of the rest of his Circle.

Given their size differences, maybe this means "unwrapping" him like a burrito. Flatten him prone so that Da Chonk can set one giant paw over his arms and his other paw over his thighs and legs. In this position, his mid-section and head are wide-open to attack from his Circle.

Is that possible, or should O Mighty Fattest of Cats involve his fangs and teeth and try something else?
Just to be clear; at the moment, you both are huge beings, towering over the rest of the Circle. The Restrain and Drag will require you to maintain control of the Grapple for two consecutive rounds, so it can be done, just not until next round - assuming that Han Tha doesn't break free. Do you wish to follow through with this, or do you want to go ahead and do something else?

Just to be clear; at the moment, you both are huge beings, towering over the rest of the Circle. The Restrain and Drag will require you to maintain control of the Grapple for two consecutive rounds, so it can be done, just not until next round - assuming that Han Tha doesn't break free. Do you wish to follow through with this, or do you want to go ahead and do something else?
Psychie Psychie Ah, I don't know what his "size level" is, but O Mighty Fat Cat is Legendary in size. As in... the largest-possible-Lunar-size to my knowledge. I was under the impression Godzilla-Chonk had a size advantage on him (forgive me if I missed your wording on Han Tha being Legendary sized).

Is that the case?

As far as I know, there are larger sizes out there that a Lunar can get to at higher Essence levels. But yes, both you and Han Tha are Legendary size. I thought I had posted that in my initial description of when Han Tha first appeared.

As far as I know, there are larger sizes out there that a Lunar can get to at higher Essence levels. But yes, both you and Han Tha are Legendary size. I thought I had posted that in my initial description of when Han Tha first appeared.
Ah, it is not specific (and disclaimer: I'm not debating the information; I'm just sharing where I received my impression in our text-based game).
With those words, the spirit known as Han Tha becomes visible to all. It is huge, towering over everyone except Fat Cat, a thing that is roughly humanoid in shape but far from looking human. It has massive claws on its hands, and a gaping mouth that is large enough to swallow a man whole. It's hide is thick and looks like it is armored, making for a very nasty opponent.
If it read, "roughly equal in size to Fat Cat," or "large enough to be legendary," or the like, I would probably have understood better. I thought he was bigger than our Solars but smaller than Fat Cat.

For our combat solution, I'll just have Fat Cat just jump on him and hold him down in whatever way seems most plausible when you're the cat and you're jumping an equal-sized humanoid. I think that's simplest and best for the game? Yes? =)

For my own two cents worth, I'd go ahead and use this opportunity to Savage Han Tha. You have 16i, and can do some serious damage while you are holding him down for the rest of the party to mugwump him.

If you do go with a Savage attack, it is automatically successful since you have the control of the Grapple. All that is needed to do is to roll your damage along with any extra dice added on by any Charms you want to use. Up to you.

For my own two cents worth, I'd go ahead and use this opportunity to Savage Han Tha. You have 16i, and can do some serious damage while you are holding him down for the rest of the party to mugwump him.
Fat Can can hold him down *and* Savage him?

EDIT: Ah! Okies.

Psychie Psychie I'll go with Sherwood's advice here. Is there anything I can do to increase Da Chonk's chances of success?

Fat Can can hold him down *and* Savage him?

EDIT: Ah! Okies.

Psychie Psychie I'll go with Sherwood's advice here. Is there anything I can do to increase Da Chonk's chances of success?
You are attacking a DV of 0 at the moment, so you will hit automatically. I don't believe you have any Charms to add to boost your damage. Are you ready for me to roll dice? If so, post IC that Fat Cat uses Han Tha as his newest chew toy?

You are attacking a DV of 0 at the moment, so you will hit automatically. I don't believe you have any Charms to add to boost your damage. Are you ready for me to roll dice? If so, post IC that Fat Cat uses Han Tha as his newest chew toy?
Psychie Psychie Um... the following may or may not apply to a damage roll? If so, let me know please and I'll deduct their costs. =)

Charmed Existence.
White Reaper Style - Flashing Scythe Flash (Core, p. 438).

I think that's it.

Psychie Psychie Um... the following may or may not apply to a damage roll? If so, let me know please and I'll deduct their costs. =)

Charmed Existence.
White Reaper Style - Flashing Scythe Flash (Core, p. 438).

I think that's it.
I believe it will help. What is Fat Cat's Strength in this form?

EDIT Is your Charm Deadly Beastman Transformation active?

I believe it will help. What is Fat Cat's Strength in this form?

EDIT Is your Charm Deadly Beastman Transformation active?
Uh... (looking).

Re: Deadly Beastman Transformation. Yeah! I thought I needed that to do what he's doing.

Then I am thinking your Str is going to be effectively a 10, so it adds 5 dice to your raw damage, so I'm rolling 21 dice.
Does that include Falling Scythe Slash? Because if it does, I'll subtract the motes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back