• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Into the Ruins - Exalted 3e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
O.K.. While I am enjoying what is going on, would someone kindly explain to the new Dannigan (me) what exactly is happening? =)

Mercy has succeeded in stunning Filial Wisdom, And she's now attempting to perform a killing attack on the spirit, Han Tha?

We may not be able to actually "hit" the spirit while it is still inside and a part of Filial Wisdom, but yes, that is what I see as to what Mercy is in the process of.

I was not sure how that charm works in this particular case and was going to leave it up to Psychie Psychie to determine how it comes out. Any way is good for me/Mercy.

Yeah! I am eager to learn if Filial Wisdom is indeed under Han Tha's control (as the lord seems to state at least according to one earlier post here) or if Psychie is going to deviate from that because it's her game and she can do anything she wants.

Lord knows I have deviated or stuck with history any number of times in my own games depending on what worked best for my players, my story, and the fun of the game.

The world of Exalted still feels very new to me and I find myself learning right alongside my character with just about every post I read here. =)

Alright, post made. Time to put the Solar to the test. Will he fight to the bitter end, or see sense in turning away from Han Tha?

See this, friends? =)

Water Landscape GIF

This is water! Mmm, water! Lots and lots of water!

Water Landscape GIF

What's it all for?

That sick burn Aredin just lit Han Tha up with!
A rather pathetic state to boast about isn't it, little god? To be weaker than walking fertilizer. I wonder... if we convince them to pray to their crap long enough, will it spawn a greater being than you? It can't have any less dignity, at least."
Ha Ha Ha Lol GIF by Lucas and Friends by RV AppStudios

The wounded Solar looks around, seeming to be quite confused with what is going on around him. Slowly, he lowers his daiklave and places a hand against his side where Mercy's Skycutter found its mark. Looking down at the blood seeping out from in between his fingers, he says, "What - what is going on? Where am I?" He seems to be genuinely puzzled.
Yes! We did it! It isn't over yet, but we've freed Filial Wisdom and we appear to have Han Tha on the run! I hope we bag that son of a monster! =)

I hope between the yapping taunt and whatever mysterious motive he has, Han Tha conveniently stalls long enough for Gray Stone to zap him with the anima ability.

I usually main tanks in MMOs, so pulling off a successful provoke here would be pretty satisfying.

I hope between the yapping taunt and whatever mysterious motive he has, Han Tha conveniently stalls long enough for Gray Stone to zap him with the anima ability.

I usually main tanks in MMOs, so pulling off a successful provoke here would be pretty satisfying.
I think if Han Tha hesitates, it is anything but convenience - it will be because someone among the Circle (and by "someone," I'm strongly leaning toward Aredin or Mercy) will have given this age-old evil spirit reason to pause.

We don't know Han Tha (at least, I don't). I get the idea that, through his words, he's got one hell of an ego though. Folks whose egos are greater than their confidence tend to be open to the illogical - including hesitating and acting according to that ego instead of swallowing up their pride and fleeing (which is far more practical for Han Tha).

"The mouth is the source of all calamity." This excellent line is written in Kazuo Koike's outstanding and legendary series Lone Wolf and Cub. I think we're about to find out if that holds true here in Exalted as well. It certainly wouldn't be the first time such things in games I've been a part of have happened. =)

Heck, even master game designer and lifelong player, Kevin Seimbeida of Palladium games, got a character killed because he taunted when instead his character should have fled. In his case, the surprise that followed turned him on to roleplaying and lit a fire that has warmed literally generations of gamers, myself just one among them. If it can happen to him, it can certainly happen to an evil spirit that's probably not used to losing given the word choices he made during the battle.

I'm also grateful to the remaining Celestial Lion for spelling this out for us. Where might we be if we doubted in this crucial moment?

Whatever happens next, I'm enjoying the moment of suspense right now. =)

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

So are we waiting for me to try this? Or are we still in combat time here?

Grr, I've been missing thread update emails. Will post soonish.

Also, head's up that I'm away for a couple of weeks from Easter Sunday - grabbing some springtime sun (we hope!) in Italy.

Grr, I've been missing thread update emails. Will post soonish.

Also, head's up that I'm away for a couple of weeks from Easter Sunday - grabbing some springtime sun (we hope!) in Italy.
Have a terrific time! 8D

With Chowlett Chowlett being gone for a while, I'm pulling his character out of the initiative order for the time being.

I'm here! But briefly, so that is probably for the best. I'd got myself all geared up to post yesterday but the site was down 😖.

I'd post now, but I've realised that I'd need to know if I can get into melee range with Han Tha; and then I'd need to roll a Decisive attack with swords or darts as appropriate; and then I'd need to roll damage if I hit, at which point I'm probably not here any more.

I'm here! But briefly, so that is probably for the best. I'd got myself all geared up to post yesterday but the site was down 😖.

I'd post now, but I've realised that I'd need to know if I can get into melee range with Han Tha; and then I'd need to roll a Decisive attack with swords or darts as appropriate; and then I'd need to roll damage if I hit, at which point I'm probably not here any more.
Psychie Psychie Chowlett Chowlett May I help?

You have stated what you need to know. My recommendation is that you roll both melee and ranged. Immediately follow this with the damage for each.

Then Psychie decides which is relevant as efficiently as possible. Armed with your information she decides the solution. Thus are these actions concluded quickly. This also might save psyche some headaches on her end. For reasons I can get into if you request.

Of course, Silent Glade's action may change Jaydude's post.

Sorry if this post sounds strange. My ADHD symptoms areacting up! Wheee!

Just to let everyone know, I'm in the hospital with double pneumonia. I'm hoping that I can get my wife to bring my laptop so I can have something to do.

(I've sent Sherwood a "Hey! How are you doing?" via Conversation so I don't fill up our OOC here.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back