• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Into the Ruins - Exalted 3e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
With no successes, the RP Nation dice for Eon's Perception roll be like this (from Mel Brooks's Spaceballs):

investigation we aint found shit GIF

With no successes, the RP Nation dice for Eon's Perception roll be like this (from Mel Brooks's Spaceballs):
Yup precisely, I figure Mercy is too wrapped up in watching her skycutter fly around than to notice anything else.

Well... I can't really blame her - skycutters do really sound pretty cool! =)

The last of the cultists are all on the run, and obviously have no stomach to stick around and see what happens next.
Hey! Psychie Psychie I thought the last of the cultists was stuck between two of O Mighty Fat Tyrannosaurus Rex's big toes? =)

Still a bit under the weather, but things are slowly improving lately, and yes rounding up these folks to prevent a ritual repeat is pretty important.

Not sure how much longer these folks needed to complete their objective, but hoping this disruption would at least set them back somewhat in the event the search takes awhile.

I will say that your disruption was enough to keep the ritual from being completed, and has saved you guys from a major fight.

IC post coming.

Still a bit under the weather, but things are slowly improving lately, and yes rounding up these folks to prevent a ritual repeat is pretty important.

Not sure how much longer these folks needed to complete their objective, but hoping this disruption would at least set them back somewhat in the event the search takes awhile.
Rykon Rykon There he is! Hey, Rykon!

Sorry to hear you're under the weather but I'm glad to see you posting! I think you're right about the cultists but, again, glad to see you posting, man! =)

I bet those cultists aren't happy you're posting. Cultists: "Damn! There goes that Bard Pllayer again thinking he's all that! The problem is, he is all that. Fellas? I think we're in trouble!"

Feel better, good Rykon! =)

I don't know about you guys, but I see no reason to keep these cultists alive except one: letting the townspeople deal some justice on the bad guys themselves. But if we were to wipe them out I won't lose any tears over it.

I'm not keen for them to survive the whole experience either, though there is a possibility that interrogating them before they are delivered to proper justice could yield something valuable, I kinda doubt it.

Psychie Psychie
With the slaying of that cultist does Mercy fulfill the requirements to unlock the "Life Drinking Resurgence" ability in Black Wind? (see below)

Would these Cultists be classified as slavers in Mercy's mind in the way they used the people of this town?

Slavers/Those who participate in Slavery (Hatred) - Major "No man or woman or being has a right to control another"

Life-Drinking Resurgence (NOT ACTIVATED YET)
Cost: —; Mins: Essence 1
Type: Permanent
Keywords: Decisive-only
Duration: Permanent
Prerequisite Charms: None
Black Wind’s spirit speaks only in the moment of death,
and has nothing to say to those who kill for passion or
profit—its soul opens only to those who kill for an ideal.
For such an individual, death becomes power. Once this
Evocation has been awakened, Black Wind creates two
blood blades when it slays a non-trivial opponent with a
decisive attack, rather than one.
Special activation rules: This Evocation cannot be
purchased with experience. It awakens after the skycutter’s
master uses it to kill a non-trivial opponent in direct
support of a Major or Defining Principle.

Psychie Psychie
With the slaying of that cultist does Mercy fulfill the requirements to unlock the "Life Drinking Resurgence" ability in Black Wind? (see below)

Would these Cultists be classified as slavers in Mercy's mind in the way they used the people of this town?

Slavers/Those who participate in Slavery (Hatred) - Major "No man or woman or being has a right to control another"

Life-Drinking Resurgence (NOT ACTIVATED YET)
Cost: —; Mins: Essence 1
Type: Permanent
Keywords: Decisive-only
Duration: Permanent
Prerequisite Charms: None
Black Wind’s spirit speaks only in the moment of death,
and has nothing to say to those who kill for passion or
profit—its soul opens only to those who kill for an ideal.
For such an individual, death becomes power. Once this
Evocation has been awakened, Black Wind creates two
blood blades when it slays a non-trivial opponent with a
decisive attack, rather than one.
Special activation rules: This Evocation cannot be
purchased with experience. It awakens after the skycutter’s
master uses it to kill a non-trivial opponent in direct
support of a Major or Defining Principle.
Oh, I think that this will qualify for your Evocation.

The three surviving robed figures skid to a halt, starring at Grey Stone and his massive hammer in fear. The desire to run is still there, but they are quite frightened and are currently motionless.
Psychie Psychie Does this count the poor fellow wedged between O Mighty Fat Tyrannosaurus Rex's toes all this time? Hah!

Amara moves in closer, both to make sure that wherever dark thing they were summoning is truly gone and to help wrangle the prisoners. Once she is satisfied that Aredin has indeed eliminated the threat, the Dawn caste slides her blade back into the sheath and moves up behind the robed figures.

In her best angry voice, she says, "You'd best answer him. After all of this excitement I'm feeling a bit let down that I didn't get the chance to kill something."

(This is me in the gif being silly, not Da Chonk) Ha ha!
O.K., maybe it is O Mighty Fat Cat after all! Ha ha!

Did Aredin take the one hearthstone that can detect a knowing lie, or did it get left at the last manse we were at?

Psychie Psychie Let me know if I need to roll anything for Mercy for the determination on the following
1.) if the cultists were ensorcelled,
2.) the identification of the Hearthstone
3.) any more information on the ritual as to who or what they were summoning.

Psychie Psychie Let me know if I need to roll anything for Mercy for the determination on the following
1.) if the cultists were ensorcelled,
2.) the identification of the Hearthstone
3.) any more information on the ritual as to who or what they were summoning.
1. It does not appear the cultists are under any kind of metal control, but your are not certain about earlier.

2. Please give me an Int + Occult roll with any specialties you may have, and any extra dice from an Excellency if you want to.

3. The ritual seems to be linked, not to the underworld, but to Malfias. It appears that these people were trying to call up a high level demon, possibly of the third circle.

It was offered up to him, but it's up to Rykon Rykon if he took it.
I had to look back at our previous posts to dig up an answer, but we never did clarify from what I could find. Sure, Aredin will hold onto the stone. It'd be socketed in Adorei then.

Also, threw out a short post for trying to figure out what might be driving this hasty reversal in relation to the ritual. Better to be safe than sorry with our recent luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back