• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Into the Ruins - Exalted 3e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Psychie Psychie

So I am trying to figure out what is all going on. Are the cultists running away? Are the Zombies going to attack? And can Mercy see the shadow thing?

Also with her spirit sight and knowledge (and specialty in summoning demons) can Mercy look at the ritual and figure out what that thing is?

And does figuring this stuff out cost an action?

Psychie Psychie

So I am trying to figure out what is all going on. Are the cultists running away? Are the Zombies going to attack? And can Mercy see the shadow thing?

Also with her spirit sight and knowledge (and specialty in summoning demons) can Mercy look at the ritual and figure out what that thing is?

And does figuring this stuff out cost an action?
Mercy can see that there is something that Aredin is going after, but as far as she is from it, it is just a dark shape.

From what she can guess from what she's seen so far, the cultists were trying to summon something from the underworld, but it is not fully formed since the ritual was disrupted. Whatever it is had got to be a bad thing's

The zombies don't appear to be getting ready to attack.

Whatever it is that's trying to hide in the darkness has been sent reeling and is desperately trying to get away from Aredin before he can stab it. Rykon Rykon you Crashed the thing, and you've got a bunch of bonus initiative for it.
What does Crashed mean, please? Just a brief description?

What does Crashed mean, please? Just a brief description?
It basically means a character is reeling and no longer in control of the fight. In terms of mechanics, they're no longer able to launch decisive attacks (i.e. ones that do actual tangible damage), their hardness value is now at zero (meaning all decisive attacks that hit them will do damage), and they're unable to use Charms with the Perilous keyword.

Basically, being crashed means you're at a big disadvantage combat wise.

Ooh... Sounds like he's a boxer up against the ropes and in serious trouble!

Just for rules completeness, you're Crashed when your initiative count is 0 or lower; and the character that puts you there gets +5 Initiative.

There are also somewhat rare cases covered - if you survive in Crash for 3 turns, you get set back to 3 initiative; and if you can use your first crashed turn to crash the character that crashed you (😵‍💫) then you immediately reset to 3 initiative plus a Join Battle roll, and can take your next turn right then.

Psychie Psychie Would Mercy be able to use her action or whatever to run up closer and then throw her skycutter at it?

Just for rules completeness, you're Crashed when your initiative count is 0 or lower; and the character that puts you there gets +5 Initiative.

There are also somewhat rare cases covered - if you survive in Crash for 3 turns, you get set back to 3 initiative; and if you can use your first crashed turn to crash the character that crashed you (😵‍💫) then you immediately reset to 3 initiative plus a Join Battle roll, and can take your next turn right then.

Fall Down Animal Crossing GIF by Mashed

=)

YAY! I finally get to use her skycutter...I am lucky she will kill something with it and unlock more of its powers ;-)

if you can use your first crashed turn to crash the character that crashed you (😵‍💫) then you immediately reset to 3 initiative plus a Join Battle roll, and can take your next turn right then.
At one of my tables we created a shorthand phrase for this called "turning the table" as the mechanical condition is rather verbose.

That said I've yet to see it come up in play.

Ok, need some collective Exalted 3e combat advice.

The bad guy is in crash...so should I have Mercy do a decisive strike on him with her Skycutter? Or since Mercy's initiative is so low, should I do another withering? I am not sure what the best attack would be in this situation and would like all of your suggestions on what attack Mercy should do here?

It's six of one, half dozen of the other. You won't be able to do much Decisive damage, but any little bit counts. I have a feeling that Aredin will be more than able to do some sizable damage

Ok, I will probably have Mercy do a withering attack if anything but to raise her initiative score. I will try to get the post up sometime later today. (I still got to work today…)

Psychie Psychie The book says to add "Threshold Successes" to damage what does that mean in terms of Mercy's attack I just rolled?

She will know what the defense of the thing is, so, yeah. It may have magical powers to be able to block or dodge out of the way, so we'll just have to wait and see what the Psy-ster comes up with.

Psychie Psychie Can any of us get a better look at the creature Aredin and Mercy are focused on? Do any of our characters have a clue as to what it really might be?

Can any of us get a better look at the creature Aredin and Mercy are focused on? Do any of our characters have a clue as to what it really might be?
with that awareness+perception roll Mercy does not see anything ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back