• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Into the Ruins - Exalted 3e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
I will need to sleep on it first. It's been a great day but even great days take energy plus Esbilon and I are chatting in Pips's O.O.C. and O Mighty Fat Cat is "sleeping in my mind" if you will. Oh. And I don't want to post something lousy because I'm tired! Hah!

Hopefully tomorrow if Real Life allows. =)

Hmm. I kinda wanted to have Grey Stone try and intervene here, seeing as he's stood close enough and doesn't necessarily know everything that Fat Cat can do.

Hmm. I kinda wanted to have Grey Stone try and intervene here, seeing as he's stood close enough and doesn't necessarily know everything that Fat Cat can do.
By the way, that's something Grey Stone and I have in common - I don't know all that O Mighty Fat Cat can do! And I made him! Hah! =)

By the way, that's something Grey Stone and I have in common - I don't know all that O Mighty Fat Cat can do! And I made him! Hah! =)
You are doing fine for a first time player, my friend. I have no complaints!

I have reached my limits and must away to Dreamland. Sleep well when it is your turn, everybody! =)

The woman screams out, "Tell them nothing! Do you hear me? Nothing!"

The man seems a bit shaken, but after looking at Amara, he stutters out, "S-six of us. Only six. The Lord is there," he points to the one that Mercy killed with her Skycutter, "and Marc was the first to fall, into the fire. Dennis there doesn't look good at the moment, but he should live."

This time he's telling the truth.
Counting 5, but I think there was another cultist remaining silent with our informant and our mastermind, right? Or is there one more to chase down?

Two were killed; one right away I think by Silent Glade and he fell into the fire. The second killed was by Mercy. Number three is the one that Fat Cat stepped on and is gory but alive. The last three are all ok.

If I remember correctly, that is.

Chowlett Chowlett Eonivar Eonivar jaydude jaydude Psychie Psychie Rykon Rykon Sherwood Sherwood

Hey, Circle? For the sake of the villagers (who seem to think we might be the aggressors here), would anyone mind if O Mighty Fat Cat had another go at trying to convince them to see what is really going on here? Not only do I not want to make enemies out of these villagers, they are the victims that O Mighty Fat Cat would see enlightened with the facts.

I mean, I wouldn't complain. I could probably have Grey Stone try to do the same, if I didn't have to head off for work soon.

The former zombie-like people currently around you number just over twenty, and as they watch the drama being played out in front of them, their confusion slowly shifts into anger. It's one thing to have something bad happen that is no one's fault. But when you can blame someone, that is a whole different animal.

The woman identified as Lady Ramis is starting to sense the tensions starting to build in the crowd, and she turns to look at the people that are starting to approach. "Don't be fooled by these strangers! It must be them that's behind our nightly curse, not me! Who are you going to trust? Me, or them?"
Oh, man. This makes me want to post right now. Of course, I'm not going to until I've heard from more of our Players, but the feeling exists nonetheless. Good writing, Psychie! This Lady Ramis is a real "jerk-face!" =)

Okies! Looks like most everyone has seen this so here goes. =)

Psychie Psychie I've some questions, if you please? Note: While most of these questions are Storyteller-based, I am open to everyone's thoughts and advice here.

Characters will go here.

Standard character generation rules apply. No custom Charms allowed at this stage. Any of the three main Exalted types are valid options to play. We will be starting out in the River Provinces region of Creation, and I have plans to send you East, so have languages appropriate to the region.

Xp Tracker: 15
Lunar Xp: 16
Solar Xp: 16
Aredin: +3 extra Solar Xp

On Attributes and Ability ratings up to 3 there are no training times. Above that and you will have to spend a week of training to justify boosting your rating to 4 or 5. Charms have no training times, since the powers of your Exaltation are gifts from your divine patron.
I have yet to spend any XP. I would be a touch surprised if we did not just gain more after our latest heroics!

1. How does one gain more Motes?
1a. Are there Charms or Merits that help make Motes more efficient (or reduce Mote costs)?

2. Given how I have been playing O Mighty Fat Cat, are there any Attributes/Abilities/Charms/Merits etc. you would recommend?
2a. Note: I am seriously considering putting points into Archery because that is what his magical pistol uses.
2b. Note: I am also seriously considering buffing his Dexterity up to 5 though it will take him a week to get it, but that's not mostly out of necessity but instead out of the lessened cost for Caste/Favored Attributes (his other Caste/Favored Attributes are 5).

3. I take it this is like most White Wolf games where you really can't go wrong buffing Attributes. Can Attributes be buffed to 6 or higher?
3a. If yes, do you think it is generally worth it?

With your knowledge of magic, you can see that this was no simple sorcerous working, but something bordering on Solar level Necromancy. That is why it was taking these people so long to cast it. Thanks to your intervention, however, the sorcerous motes that were gathered by sucking the life energy from the townspeople are quickly fading away, and the life drain is over. The people of the city owe you their lives.

Upon further inspection, Mercy can see that the cauldron that the cultists were gathered around is made of soulsteel,
Not knowing a great deal about how rare or powerful soulsteel is, is there something we should be doing with this item? If memory serves, Crafting is rather borked in this game or I would recommend somehow melting it down and reshaping it into something some of us might make use of.

4. Is crafting worth investing into or should it be left alone?

As you look about, you also see the townsfolk are returning to normal rapidly, far faster than you would expect. In fact, you feel quite invigorated yourself, feeling very good despite your lack of long rest. Something other than just time is at work here.
I'm in a bit of a jumble concerning what O Mighty Fat Cat's "battle math" looks like right now.

5. Did the past events restore Willpower?

6. Do we still need rest?

"For me, simply being able to protect people from dark schemes is its own reward," Grey Stone began, before turning around to look at his companions, "but I will not decline on behalf of my compatriots. Indeed, one of them may suggest something I would enjoy, but haven't considered myself."
jaydude jaydude I think under normal circumstances, O Mighty Fat Cat would have answered the same. However, I think this whole Wyld Hunt thing has O Mighty Fat Cat (and his Player) feeling more cautious than usual - as if we had better be prepared for anything. I almost feel as if we are playing a Palladium Rifts game and the Coalition States are on our tail.

Do you think I am overthinking this or is this a practical line of thought?

Oh! And thanks for the Well-Written and Likes earlier, everybody! Those always feel nice to see!

jaydude jaydude I think under normal circumstances, O Mighty Fat Cat would have answered the same. However, I think this whole Wyld Hunt thing has O Mighty Fat Cat (and his Player) feeling more cautious than usual - as if we had better be prepared for anything. I almost feel as if we are playing a Palladium Rifts game and the Coalition States are on our tail.

Do you think I am overthinking this or is this a practical line of thought?
Tbh, given how fast we've been able to travel, I'd have thought that we'd be a good distance away from whatever Wyld Hunt forces were chasing us by now. But I might be wrong.

Tbh, given how fast we've been able to travel, I'd have thought that we'd be a good distance away from whatever Wyld Hunt forces were chasing us by now. But I might be wrong.
NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Oh, wait. It's the Wyld Hunt we're worried about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back