• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Intervention Bureau Training Deck
"Ah, there you are. Welcome, Asher. I don't suppose you know why you were called here?" The Director looked hesitantly between the Harbinger and the Archangel. Sandalphon merely smiled at the Director with a complacent look, bereft of any ulterior motive, and so the Director thought nothing more of it.

Sekhmet's eyes towards Asher narrowed into slits. "Harbinger," she purred coolly while baring teeth at him. Apollo turned around and regarded the special agent with a wave of his brass arm, having looked down on the complex's layout and suggested changes from memory to the illusionists and lab techs in charge of making the simulation as accurate as possible. Interns, many of monstrous origin, festooned in rune-etched plates across their body and a variety of other accessories, filed in to their designated spots, some regarding the Board Members in the balcony above them with a polite nod. Freya gave Asher a smile and a small salute with police baton in hand. "Heya, Champ. I've gotta go, but I'll be seeing you pretty soon." She said, shortly before vanishing.

The Director politely cleared his throat and began. "I've seen the reports made by Board Member Sandalphon regarding your private contract work with him, and it is nothing short of flawless. The information you've gathered under his wing has been vital to many of our bureau's most important recent operations. However... we're faced with something we haven't dealt with in upwards of forty years now. A completely new team. Greenhorns, inexperienced if not in combat then as team players. Given recent circumstances, the present members of the Board found it advisable to elect an experienced Intervention member to mentor the recruits, and after-" a bit of a lie "- some deliberation, we've decided you are our prime candidate."

Sandalphon interjected, "Not only would it soothe the consciences of some members of the Board," the angelic god smiled at Sekhmet whose eyes practically rolled back in her head from indignation, "but you could also consider it another investigative assignment, young b'nuora."

The Director blinked in temporary confusion before setting his jaw in understanding, Sekhmet began to angrily start "That wasn't something you brought up to us-!", and Apollo looked back from directing the interns to their places to regard the group.

The Director interrupted Sekhmet. "Explain your logic, Board Member Sandalphon."

Sekhmet continued right on before Sandalphon could properly explain himself, "Supplying the Heavenly Host with information before the rest of the Board is a violation of the edicts of the Intervention Pact-"

"The Heavenly Host will not receive any information any earlier than it's given to the Board. You have my solemn oath on that if it sates you, Goddess."

"It does only somewhat, alfati."

Sandalphon closed his eyes and continued. "One of the team members is something of a kindred spirit to your own, yaluod. A member of the Heavenly Host's coterie who finds the purpose he was brought up for to ultimately fly against our current goals. Unlike you, he has been led to neutrality far later in his life with years of traditions and beliefs driven into him, but I have faith that your mentorship can aid the man in breaking those traditions and I think we would all like to be updated on your progress with that."

The Director continued, "Yes, that would be St. Jacob Stewart, Wrathfu-" he stopped himself, nodded curtly, then restated, "-Patron Saint of Battle Tactics. The other members of this new team are Rachel Valac, disowned heir of the Valac name and official enemy of the Unseelie Court; Razzo, who had been caught embezzling fifteen million dollars digitally and chose recruitment over prison; Melchizedek Mochizuki, half-demon son of King Belial, currently defected to our ranks; Aziza, a djinn who was nonconsensually involved in a-" a hesitant glance at Sekhmet before continuing "-major incident that happened in al'Qasr, Egypt; Crowfather, a conceptual deity of misfortune who gained our interest by helping us end said incident; Dr. Johan Petersen, former NIS agent and human ambassador to the Nine Realms; Amelia Quinton, member of the Quinton family of psions whose connection to the Quinton Academy Tragedy can be called 'damning yet inconclusive'; Divan Naude, who you may remember from your interview years ago; Jago Hinzerhaus, an augmented defector from the Tarekith military; and Leo Cadogan, a self-taught tactician using some form of rune magic-"

He was interrupted by Sandalphon. "It's Ba'alic magic."

"Ba'alic magic?!"
Sekhmet asked a bit too loudly, with some interns below perking up their heads. Apollo glared daggers at the two. Calmly, the Director asked, "Are you sure about that?"

"Yes, I remember its use quite well. It's a bastardized version of the original script that he must've dug up from an illegal archive somewhere, but it works effectively the same- the poor boy probably doesn't know its origins. Yet another person of interest to keep a close eye on."

"As are the rest of the team."
The Director sighed. "Info gathering is a secondary priority. We're making a leap of faith with this brand new team, and we need you, first and foremost, to show them the ropes and teach them Intervention procedures. You can join them for the Initiation testing whenever they're all gathered."

"Test one- on!" called out a meek and nasal voice from one of the illusionists and suddenly the green room went dark. The sounds of crickets and chittering frogs played over the splash of sea breeze and the blowing of wind, but over all of that was crunching glass and people screaming and flames crackling. The ground was covered in earth, and dirt, and grass, and though it was just a green floor it was real to the touch. The green walls and doorways were turned into a small convention center-looking locale. The interns playing enemy combatants, whose costumes were goofy and whose monstrous features only somewhat resembled what they looked like, had seemingly transformed into the real deal: lamias and cyclopses and keres and loimos decked out in battle armor, wielding semi-automatic rifles or magical blasting rods. Where there was empty doorway there now were guard stations and terminals, accurately functioning. Above, one of the spotlights- the only one left on- began to look like a full moon. The only completely unchanged part of the test was Freya, who was sitting in the reception center with a sure expression on her face. It took the combined attention of a dozen or more illusionists to keep the illusion this accurate and realistic, and just as soon as it was up it flickered back down again. "Test one- off! Uh, Director Pallas, sir, when are we starting the test in earnest?"

Pallas looked to the remaining diviner on the observation deck, who simply shrugged, and then he replied, "Give the team another few minutes, we'll know when they show up."

"Alright, take five, people!"
The illusionists dispersed, getting water and talking amongst themselves.

"Alright, Asher, you go wait for the Intervention members and let them meet you personally. We'll talk after the initiation is complete."

CHARACTERS: Director Pallas, Board-Member Apollo, Board-Member Freya, Board-Member Sekhmet, Board-Member Sandalphon | ACTIONS: Talking to Lemercer Lemercer | OTHER NOTES: A blasting rod is a small staff or large wand used for concentrating and firing evocation magic; think of it as the wizard equivalent of a pistol or equivalent handgun.

Intervention Headquarters: Intervention Welcome Center and Inter-Facility Mall
The silver-haired woman in the Victorian gown turned back to look at Amelia Quinton coolly, leaning down and whispering to something cupped in her hand. On closer inspection, one would realize that it was a spider, and that beyond that there were more than a few skittering across her form. She joined a similarly distinct group of individuals, who all eyed members of the team as they passed. Two such figures- one a tall, pallid man with deep-set eyes and black, close cropped hair with goatee to match, the other a minotaur-like creature with two great bat wings on either side of his back- eyed the young woman with the choker and the horned and winged young man besides her. The silver-haired faerie's eyes turned to the foci of their attention and laughed, sounding more like a series of cut-off hisses, before answering in a breathy whisper. "My my, art thou both captivated by the newcomers? Come, thou art as aged as I, and have learned to see decades as but blinks of an eye. What is it that draws your attention to them?"

The gaunt, tall man spoke first, in a firm baritone voice that danced off the tongue with a light Romanian accent. "The young boy's power. I can sense it from here and it chills my very soul. He has the power of the Rot King within him."

The bull man nodded. "It's been quite a while since I've been in the Infernal Realm, and I haven't seen the man since the Five Year War, but the resemblance is uncanny." He looked to the silver-haired woman. "I'm surprised you haven't made mention of the fae power coming from the woman, Shayla."

The fae known as Shayla chuckled, and rasped, "I have noted it and even recognized its source and creator, and yet I still see no reason to make so superfluous a comment on it."

"What makes you say that?"
asked the bull man.

"It's not one of mine." Shayla grinned. "Though, if thou both wouldst act on thine considerations and speak to the two of them, do congratulate the girl on flouncing that unstanched harlot Mab for me. It does make this old dark heart leap to see the Unseelie Queens so deliciously undone by the very obfuscation they tout."

The gaunt man hesitated. "I'm not entirely sure I am as apt to speak to them as you would have me to believe. At least, not at the moment. Zaphan?"

The bull demon, Zaphan, looked to where Rachel and Mel were headed and shook his head, "They don't have any credits yet. I'll be right back, Artur." With that, Zaphan stood up to his towering seven foot height and went over to Mel and Rachel. He stood stoically and blank-faced between them and the kiosk, not speaking for a second as he tried to figure out what to say or do, before extending his hand to them with a big grin. "You're both from Team Ezec, yes? I'm Zaphan, Captain of Intervention Team Asa, it's good to have the both of you aboard." His name, depending on which demonic or mage circles they had ran in or depending on their memory from history class, would be at least somewhat recognizable. He turned to Rachel and continued. "Oh, and I was told to congratulate you, madame, for, ahem, 'flouncing that unstanced harlot Mab'. Er, end quote."

Characters: Captain Shayla Bloodmire, Captain Artur Demetrescu, Captain Zaphan | Location: IIHQ Welcome Center | Action: Speaking to GumGumChomp GumGumChomp and Ayama Ayama | Other Notes: None (Currently)

Last edited:

Melchizedek Mochizuki
'Mel' - 'Dozer' - 'The Tank'
With: Rachel, Zaphan
Currently: Fanboying hard
Carrying: Nada

Rachel reasoned that they wouldn't have lead them to the mall if it wasn't all right for them to get food, and Mel nodded, looking around as well. When she said that finding a candy store would take too long and suggested caramel apples instead, Mel's wings drooped in comical disappointment, though he tried unconvincingly to cover it up.

"Uh, yeah... I'm sure caramel apples will be great!" he replied, attempting a weak smile.

Before they could head over to the cart, however, a seven-foot-tall bull demon had appeared, blocking their way. He merely stood before them for a moment, and Mel's tail twitched apprehensively, before he held out his hand a little stiffly and introduced himself. When the demon mentioned his name, the half-demon's eyes went wide as dinner plates.

"Z- Zaphan?" he repeated incredulously. "The Zaphan? I can't believe it!" he exclaimed, releasing Rachel's hand and wringing the bull demon's with both of his own, wings flapping so fast they were practically a blur.

"It's such an honor to meet you sir," he continued, completely starstruck. "What you did in the Five Year War was amazing! You're an inspiration to me!"

He had not yet released the legendary captain's hand, and seemed clearly about two seconds away from straight up asking for an autograph.
codedbycrucialstar
Rachel reasoned that they wouldn't have lead them to the mall if it wasn't all right for them to get food, and Mel nodded, looking around as well. When she said that finding a candy store would take too long and suggested caramel apples instead, Mel's wings drooped in comical disappointment, though he tried unconvincingly to cover it up.

"Uh, yeah... I'm sure caramel apples will be great!" he replied, attempting a weak smile.

Before they could head over to the cart, however, a seven-foot-tall bull demon had appeared, blocking their way. He merely stood before them for a moment, and Mel's tail twitched apprehensively, before he held out his hand a little stiffly and introduced himself. When the demon mentioned his name, the half demon's eyes went wide as dinner plates.

"Z- Zaphan?" he repeated incredulously. "The Zaphan? I can't believe it!" he exclaimed, releasing Rachel's hand and wringing the bull demon's with both of his own, wings flapping so fast they were practically a blur.

"It's such an honor to meet you sir," he continued, completely starstruck. "What you did in the Five Year War was amazing! You're an inspiration to me!"

He had not yet released the legendary captain's hand, and seemed clearly about two seconds away from straight up asking for an autograph.

Last edited:
[class name="emain"] box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0 auto 50px; padding: 20px; width: calc(100% - 40px); max-width: 600px; font-size: initial; background: #fdfdfd; border: 1px solid #eaeaea; [/class] [class name="ewrap"] display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; margin-left: -20px; width: calc(100% + 20px); [/class] [class name="eicon"] flex: 1 0 150px; margin-left: 20px; width: 100%; max-width: 150px; background: url('https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/6y45o6wdebuq8qe/EmmaIcon.jpg') top left/150px 225px no-repeat; [/class] [class name="edescription"] flex: 5 0 200px; margin-left: 20px; max-width: 400px; [/class] [class name="esubheader"] font-family: 'Roboto Condensed', sans-serif; font-size: 1.0em; color: #777777; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; [/class] [class name="etext"] margin-top: 10px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; font-size: 0.9em; color: #777777; line-height: 135%; text-align: justify; [/class] [class name="etags"] margin-top: 10px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; font-size: 0.8em; line-height: 125%; color: #777777; text-align: justify; [/class] [div class="root"] [div class="flexcontainer"] [div class="flexbox"] [div class="seikamainL"] [div class="seikaIMG" style="background: url('https://cdn140.picsart.com/247864493017202.jpg?r1024x1024') 50% 25%/400px 600px no-repeat;"] [/div] [/div] [/div] [div class="flexbox"] [div class="scrollbox"] [div class="JP" style="margin-top: 25px;"] rachel valac [/div] [div class="EN"] wash-out evocator [/div] [div class="indented"] [div class="accentheader"] location [/div] hub area
[div class="accentheader"] tags [/div] Ayama Ayama ZacksQuest ZacksQuest [/div] [div class="bodytext"] Seeing the very obvious disappointment in Mel made her feel guilty, so Rachel tried to cheer him up. "Hey, how about after the initiation, we'll look for that candy store? How does that sound?" she asked, although before she got an answer, a massive minotaur with leathery wings approached them and just... stood there. He looked familiar, and the gears began to churn in her head, but she couldn't quite figure out who he was. However, once the name was mentioned, she recognized him almost immediately.

This is an opportunity she may not get again. A good first impression with a famous team captain would definitely help her move up in the world. "It's very nice to meet you. My name is Rachel, this one is Mel. I didn't think I'd meet someone as important as you so soon." she said, and laughed when he mentioned Shayla's quote. "Yeah, it was quite difficult though. I doubt she's going to allow me to get away with it again. Now, to what do we owe the pleasure?" [/div] [/div] [/div] [/div] [/div]
code by @Nano
[class name="root"] --bg: #fefefe; --accent: #b54434; --grey1: #656765; --grey2: #aaaaaa; --grey3: #e8e8e8; --text: #878787; --s1: 45px; --s2: 35px; --s3: 25px; --s4: 1.0em; --s5: 0.9em; --JP: 'Sawarabi Mincho', sans-serif; --EN: 'Work Sans', sans-serif; --LH: 125%; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; justify-content: center; margin: 0 auto; padding: 50px 0; background-color: var(--bg); font-size: initial; [/class] [class name="flexcontainer"] flex: 1 0 100%; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; justify-content: center; margin-left: -20px; width: 100%; max-width: 840px; [/class] [class name="flexbox"] flex: 1 0 300px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 20px; width: 100%; max-width: 400px; height: 70vh; max-height: 650px; background-color: var(--bg); overflow: hidden; position: relative; [/class] [class name="seikamainL"] box-sizing: border-box; padding: 25px; border: 1px solid var(--grey3); background-color: var(--bg); [/class] [class name="seikaIMG"] display: flex; flex-flow: column-reverse nowrap; width: 100%; max-width: 348px; height: calc(70vh - 52px); max-height: 598px; background: url('') 50% 25%/400px 600px no-repeat; [/class] [class name="JP"] font-size: var(--s1); font-family: var(--JP); font-weight: 500; color: var(--accent); line-height: 100%; [/class] [class name="EN"] font-size: var(--s2); font-family: var(--EN); font-weight: 900; color: var(--grey1); line-height: 100%; [/class] [class name="scrollbox"] padding-right: 18px; width: 100%; max-width: 400px; height: 70vh; max-height: 650px; background-color: var(--bg); overflow-y: auto; [/class] [class name="bodytext"] margin-top: 25px; font-family: var(--EN); font-size: var(--s4); text-align: justify; color: var(--text); line-height: var(--LH); [/class] [class name="indented"] margin-top: 25px; margin-left: 20px; width: calc(100% - 20px); font-family: var(--EN); font-size: var(--s4); text-align: justify; color: var(--text); line-height: var(--LH); [/class] [class name="accentheader"] display: inline-block; font-family: var(--EN); font-size: var(--s4); line-height: (--LH); color: var(--accent); text-transform: uppercase; [/class]

He begged it not to leave him. Yet it still did.

There were just two realities here: the blackness of the shell-hole below and the brilliant inferno of the bombardment above. The rain was light. It was sitting at the bottom, his feet soaking in the cold wet liquid mud. The man across it was silent as he was sprawled out on the wall of the hole, so still that the only sign he was still alive was the slight rise and fall of his lungs. The fury raged overhead, like a firestorm on the face of the sun. A shell fell only fifty meters away, blowing a solid wave of force that rippled through the battlefield. Vaporized mud replaced the rain in the shell-hole. It didn't flinch, it just kept sitting there as more and more shells hit nearby.

Someone was screaming in the distance. High and shrill as they closed down on him. Several rapid shots filled the air. A pause. Then a single final one. There were no more shots after that.

The man across it stirred, at last, slow and sluggish. His eyes slowly fluttered open and closed again. His fingers twitched and the bloody stump that had been his right leg shifted slightly. He came to the living world fully a few minutes later. He opened his eyes and saw the figure sitting across from him. Then he felt the pain. Sharp, deep, yet distant feeling.

"Who are you? Why does it hurt? Why does it hurt so much?" The man grunted, his voice was dry as sandpaper. He turned his head around, taking in what was going on.

It didn't move. It was still in the way only a dead man could.

"Hey!" The man, despite himself, looked down at the source of the pain. His voice turned very soft. "Oh, god no. Please help. My leg... my leg..."

At last, it turned its head to the man and he immediately wished he hadn't. The thing had no face, only an iron thing that covered what had been its face. Two round tinted eyes stared right into his soul. It wore a peaked officers cap that should have had a silver skull motif in the center. But it looked like it had been ripped off. It stood up, a tall and lean thing. It was wearing a black storm coat. The man, turning, tried to crawl back up the trench, sinking his fingers like claws into the mud but they gave way. He heard splashes. He slid back down. He heard the splashes behind him and the heavy breathing.

"Do not exert yourself," The man heard the thing said. Male. Its voice was raspy yet soft at the same time. It sounded surprisingly clear. "The bleeding has been stopped and antiseptics have been administrated. Do not exert yourself."

He heard more scrunching as the thing made it's way up the shell-hole with no trouble. "Where are you going. Wait. Please don't leave me. They'll find me and close in on my location. Please don't. I don't want to turn into them. You'll die out there."

As if to assist the man's argument they screamed across the shell-ruined wasteland. A gibbering screaming which could only come out of rotted mouths and burst lungs. They couldn't be that far away.

The thing let out a long, tired sigh. "I don't care if they get me. I've had enough. I'm leaving. All this killing. Damn Tarekith. Damn the party. Damn Supreme Leader Kardus. May his soul rot."

"Wha-wha-what? How dare you... What you're talking about is-"

"Paramount to treason. Edict 227. Punishable by summary execution." The thing said very calmly.

The man fumbled for his holster to find his Volter Pistol but it was empty. He cursed loudly. There was another scream, this time much closer.

"Just stay silent. You may make the night. I certainly won't."

"Please don't leave me. Please."

The bombardment stopped just as he climbed over the lip. The dark mud warped land was smoking. The horizon was a wall of solid fire as the bombardment crept forward. The far-way city crackled and burned as fire leaped from house to house. The tower of the plutocrat shook as a shell glanced right off it. Distant explosions, to the south, smaller and rapid, identified a massive armored class. The sound even from here was deafening. The night here though was heavy and dark.

Something moved in the dark, things far more terrifying than it. Pleading voices gargled from the froth-corrupted lungs. Cancerous sores wrecked their bodies. Their mouths full incurable sores on innocent, young tongues. They wore their skin like a blanker, pocked full of holes. Not a single one of them had eyes, only empty sockets that convulsed, trying to feel things that rotted away. These were the things the Occult Division had created of their own accord. Disgusting, pathetic creatures that had once been young boys. With a loud howl that sounded like consumptive lungs exploding under deep pressure, they charged forward.

The thing reached to its hip and pulled out the Volter Pistol. He-

-held up the identity card. The guard took it and was about to ask the thing to take off his mask but he saw the photo attached to the card. He decided he wasn't going to ask questions. The guard hated the thing in front of him. The thing in front of him was tall and lean. He had no face, only a steel gas mask that covered his entire face. He was a long mask, as long as a horse's face, with two round clouded vision ports, allowing no one to see what is truly inside. He had a black storm coat. The coat had a red lining on its collar and cuffs. It had a black undercoat, with red and gold finery, black combat pants, and combat boots. In a brown treated holster attached to his belt, a handgrip led to an enormous hand pistol. Strangely at its hip was a sheath wrapped in red cloth.

Something about the figure unnerved him. They got all sorts of creeps and weirdos around here. He had dealt with dozens of them in the past. He had seen edgy grim reapers, little impish girls far too young to be on the front, and savage beasts that he wondered why they were even allowed to exist. But this thing was something else. Maybe it was the breathing: wet, heavy breaths came from the thing. It sounded like lungs filled with a thick fluid and was it gurgling loudly, wheezing like an old man on the verge of death. A long rubber hose connected the tip of the mask and went deep into his storm coat. Sometimes, it rumbled and shook softly between the heavier breaths. He didn't know what this thing was but he didn't want to look at it anymore.

"Hurry up. You're late from what I've heard. Follow the signs to the gathering area. Simple enough even for-" The guard stopped. His skin prickled as he felt a cold draft sweep down. Damn weather. "Go on in."

The figure walked through the door as the guard opened it. The moment the guard closed the door, he felt warmth return to his body. Damn weather. Always so unpredictable around these parts. Maybe he should apply for a different posting, away from the freaks.

Heavy boots clambered down the white, clean clinical material hallways of the complex. It was a fast rhythm with a constant wide stride. His saber clanked as it beat against the gear on his belt. His heavy breathing filled the hallway. He spared a hand to adjust the tubes of the respirator, refining it for the pure air. Some staff passed the figure and walked quicker to pass him. He went through a set of steel double doors. He came into a massive concourse mall. Multi-tiered with a colorful variety of shops. A large stretched out glass ceiling permitted massive amounts of light to flutter in. It was utterly deserted. He looked to his right and sharply made his way-

No, it was not empty. As he walked, he passed by a rather charming little red store and spotted two individuals inside. One was a half-bred between human and demon, with bat-like sings curled up. The other was a girl in a black vest with dark brown hair. Both were eye-googling the sweet stuff that was simply overflowing from the store. Another was a large minotaur

The moment he stepped in, despite himself, an air of tenseness filled the air. Something hard to grasp yet still there. Presperation began to rapidly build up on the windows.

"Sir," He said, acknowledging the captain. He made a clicked his boots together and placed a fist to his chest in salute. His voice was harsher, raspy, and far more synthesized than he intended. The voicebox needed maintenance. He turned to the other two.

"You are members of the intervention team. We are late for our meeting." The figure named Jago Hinzerhaus added punctually.

Jago Hinzerhaus

With: Ayama Ayama GumGumChomp GumGumChomp

Carrying: Cutter Blade and Volter Pistol. Ten Clips.

Last edited:
Zaphan stammered a bit in his reply, eyes widened at the immediate reaction to him and his stance a bit slackened from the sudden fanboying. Clearly he wasn't accustomed to this level of admiration. "Ah- well- it was nothi- I just felt like I had to do something to help people, you know? I didn't know it'd lead to what it did. I'm- I am glad I've inspired you to join the bureau so you can inspire other people, too!" Zaphan looked sidelong to the table Art and Shayla were at. Art had gotten up and was on his way back to the Team Reda Common Room, smirking and shaking his head. Shayla was elegantly poised hunched over the table, head propped on the back of one hand as she enjoyed the demon's embarrassment, but also taking some time to glance over at Rachel and her choker. When Rachel answered, Zaphan turned to her. "Well it's nice to meet you, Rachel, Mel. Well, I saw you were eyeing the caramel apples and... the stalls here all take Intervention credits. It's kinda weird, but I get it's so fifty different currencies don't fill up the till, but I can cover you guys if you want anything. We have caramel apples here, fudge over there-" Zaphan pointed across the seating area, and then pointed farther down, "-and then there's a confectioner's over there past the knife stall." He gauged their responses to each, and noted Mel's hyper wing flaps whenever candy was mentioned, and led them to the red, candy-filled storefront and stepped in.

The vendor was surprised to see the bull come into his shop, ducking his head under the doorway and stepping in. "Afternoon, Captain Zaphan, what do I owe the pleasure?"

Zaphan handed him a white card pretty much identical to a standard credit card, which the candy vendor scanned under a strange fisheye that cast a UV light over the card which made the register beep. "Afternoon, Larry. I'm covering those two for whatever they want. They're going to their Initiation and I want them to get energy before the big event."

The vendor waved at the two and said, "See what you li-" he stopped and blinked a few times, his eyes bugging. "Hey, Zaphan, there a draft in here?"

Zaphan, at the same time, was calmly feeling his arms for clamminess, then making sure there were no chains, and then feeling the back of his neck. He shuddered slightly, closed his eyes, and smiled a bit before turning around. At the sight of the Tarekith-augmented soldier, the vendor's eyes went wide as fishbowls and he put a hand to his mouth, mumbling something about "having to do something real quick" before heading into the stockroom. The bull demon was, somewhat surprisingly and somewhat not, resistant to the fear Jago was inducing, perhaps because of Jago's own will or because of training to resist the effects of Tarektih aberrations, but Zaphan held his hand out to the man, saying in a shaky yet practiced Tarekith tongue, "Bonunvisch, Futzshlauzer-Hinzerhaus. Djokasvi kevitz polvuzdjini." (Good afternoon, Trooper-Hinzerhaus. Glad you are here with us.) After that, he continued in English. "These two are taking the necessary steps to keep their energy up before Initiation, and as a Captain I see no fault in that. But ah-" Zaphan continued somewhat cryptically to Jago, a bit lower in tone but probably still loud enough for the other two to catch on, "-just a word of caution, the people outside your team you'll see during Initiation are mostly interns, even if they don't look like it. They're warded and plated against most all physical damage but... don't use your fear effects full blast on them, okay?"

Characters: Captain Zaphan, Candy Vendor Larry, Captain Artur Demetrescu, Captain Shayla Bloodmire | Location: IIHQ Welcome Center | Action: Speaking to GumGumChomp GumGumChomp , TheInsanityOfBobSemple TheInsanityOfBobSemple , and Ayama Ayama | Other Notes: Currently, "Tarekith Tongue" is taking equivalent phrases in Esperanto and simultaneously Germanifying and Russifying the words and phrases until it's unrecognizable from its original form.

Intervention Headquarters: Initiation Waiting Room
The Initiation room seemed to be, funnily enough, right next to the training gym and combat simulation facility and it was a fairly small looking, classroom-type affair. Everyone who was waiting outside the door would find that out when the door opened and an older looking man with coiffed snowy-white hair, a bushy large beard, and black-lensed, round spectacles over his eyes opened the door and peered out into the Intervention facility, seemingly scanning a few times before seeing the people gathered there. "Oh, there you all are! You're- one, two, thre-ehh- most of you are here, anyhow! Come, sit." He shook their hands on the way in before going up to the corner. "You may call me Tiresias, administrative assistant- well I'm actually something more of Apollo's secretariat as it were, and messenger to Delphi, personal feeder, bookkeeper, gardener, live-in houseworker, but- ah, I'm rambling, I tend to do that. Well, the Director will be here to begin the Initiation once the last few of you catch up. Do any of you have questions, comments, concerns, quarrels, queries, the like?"

Characters: Tiresias| Location: IIHQ Initiation Room | Action: Speaking to adrian_ adrian_ , Nastarial Nastarial , St. Boethius St. Boethius , SP3CT3R SP3CT3R , Eliasdagood Eliasdagood , and Stikes Stikes , and waiting on GumGumChomp GumGumChomp , TheInsanityOfBobSemple TheInsanityOfBobSemple , Ayama Ayama , Sylvio Sylvio , and CaptainSully CaptainSully | Other Notes: None (Currently)

Last edited:

Melchizedek Mochizuki
With: Rachel, Zaphan, Jago
Currently: Hesitating
Carrying: Nothing

Zaphan's response to Mel was so unexpectedly and incredibly humble that it caused him to get even worse.

"No really," he said as he continued to wring the demon's hand, wings flapping animatedly, "what you did was incredible! You're a legend! I can't believe I'm meeting you! I-"

Rachel's response to Zaphan's introduction was far more composed and professional than his had been, and Mel released the famous demon's hand, flushing with embarrassment as Rachel introduced them both.

Zaphan then informed them of the different food stands around the mall, and even offered to pay for them! At the mention of the confectioner's, Mel's wings flapped even faster as he turned his head to look in the direction Zaphan had indicated.

The demon led them into the bright red store and Mel's wings and tail went crazy as he stared around him at the colorful displays, the very epitome of a 'kid in a candy store'. He wondered how he would ever be able to choose what to get.

At that moment, a chill came over the room and the store clerk disappeared as a scary man in a gas mask appeared, saluting Zaphan and greeting them in a raspy, synthetic voice. He then turned to them and stated that they were late for the initiation meeting, and Mel's wings drooped. Were they in trouble?

Zaphan told him they were getting candy to have energy for the initiation, then advised him not to use his fear effect. Mel blinked. Fear effect? So that's why I feel all... He tried to put his finger on the feeling- the best label he could come up with was 'unease'.

He looked between the demon and the new arrival, wondering what to do. He wanted candy, but he also didn't want them to be in trouble. He glanced over at Rachel, hoping for help.
codedbycrucialstar
Zaphan's response to Mel was so unexpectedly and incredibly humble that it caused him to get even worse.

"No really," he said as he continued to wring the demon's hand, wings flapping animatedly, "what you did was incredible! You're a legend! I can't believe I'm meeting you! I-"

Rachel's response to Zaphan's introduction was far more composed and professional than his had been, and Mel released the famous demon's hand, flushing with embarrassment as Rachel introduced them both.

Zaphan then informed them of the different food stands around the mall, and even offered to pay for them! At the mention of the confectioner's, Mel's wings flapped even faster as he turned his head to look in the direction Zaphan had indicated.

The demon led them into the bright red store and Mel's wings and tail went crazy as he stared around him at the colorful displays, the very epitome of a 'kid in a candy store'. He wondered how he would ever be able to choose what to get.

At that moment, a chill came over the room and the store clerk disappeared as a scary man in a gas mask appeared, saluting Zaphan and greeting them in a raspy, synthetic voice. He then turned to them and stated that they were late for the initiation meeting, and Mel's wings drooped. Were they in trouble?

Zaphan told him they were getting candy to have energy for the initiation, then advised him not to use his fear effect. Mel blinked. Fear effect? So that's why I feel all... He tried to put his finger on the feeling- the best label he could come up with was 'unease'.

He looked between the demon and the new arrival, wondering what to do. He wanted candy, but he also didn't want them to be in trouble. He glanced over at Rachel, hoping for help.

f7bee0ac65c92d82e48828f6aa613833.jpg
Location: Team Ezec Living Quarters > Initiation Waiting Room
Tags: Open
Action: Relaxing

215cd62817915224dc5d51d47f35e8f1.png

As the rest of the group departed Leo took a moment to finish smoking the cigarette that was in his hand. He looked around the empty room around him, taking in those who he had just met. The number of supernaturals as he called them was far above what he expected. Magic capable and enhanced humans he knew would be there, but the reliance on so many supernaturals made him feel uncomfortable. To try and focus himself he reminded himself why he was there, the reason why he had gone on this journey at all. With one last deep inhale he flicked his cigarette butt into the bin and made his way to the initiation, leaving a smoke filled room behind.

The entire facility was much larger than he first thought, looking as much a giant shopping centre as it did anything else. There were a considerable number of people moving from place to place, mingling together and talking as if great friends. Deep inside he didn't know if that would be something he could do with the others of the group, build friendships and relationships where he'd actually be glad to see them. For Leo this was all business, a means to an end to help him finish what the unholy had started.

He reached the initiation to find that there was another waiting room. Opening the door he could see that the trainer, instructor or whatever they were had already started talking. Leo entered nonchalantly as if he had done nothing wrong, taking a seat at the back. He sat patiently for a moment before sparking up another smoke.

Aziza smiles as they enter the initiation room, stretching. “A pleasure to meet you.” She says to the secretary as she shakes his hand. “As far as questions go, I suppose we’re all wondering what exactly the ceremony entails.” She says, folding her legs up so she’s floating a few feet off the ground.

[class=bg] background-color: #fffeea; margin: 20px; padding: 15px; border: 2px dotted #f2f3ee; border-radius: 10px; [/class] [class=title] font-family: Kalam; font-size: 28px; position: relative; margin: 0; padding: 0; line-height: 25px; color: #313832; [/class] [class=quote] font-family: Kalam; font-size: 20px; margin: 0; padding: 0; line-height: 25px; color: #313832; [/class] [class=bg2] background-color: #816869; height: 3px; width: 90%; margin: 10px 0; [/class] [class=misc] background-color: #A393A2; border: 3px solid #816869; border-radius: 5px; font-family: Kalam; line-height: 15px; font-style: bold; font-weight: bold; font-size: 14px; color: #313832; [/class] [class=img] border: 3px solid #816869; float: right; height: 300px; width: 300px; background: url(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/480587605377941507/665645355815272478/Amelia.jpg); box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=text] position: relative; color: #313832; margin: 5px; text-align: justify; line-height: 16px; font-family: Dosis; font-size: 16px; [/class] [div class=bg] [div class=title]Amelia Quinton[/div] [div class=img][/div] [div class=bg2][/div] [div class=quote]"Eyes are useless when the mind is blind. Ps, the heart's a misleading bitch."[/div] [div class=text]
Amelia glanced as some of the members of the team arrived. She heard the Crowfather's query as he trailed behind others. "Let's just see, yes?" She grinned and used her clairaudience, a faint glow emanating from the white of her eyes as she did - it was the only tell-tale sign that she was using her abilities, and the few times she needed to hide what she was doing, closing them would often solve that problem. Her honey brown eyes unfocused as all her attention went to the sounds beyond the door she stood near. There didn't seem to be any sort of major happenings in that room, so she expanded her auditory focus, though not without first commenting, "Well, that's boring..."

The psion tilted her head as she caught the sounds of many shoes stepping. It was expected, and yet not, as it was difficult for her to grasp a number as they changed positions, stopped and began. And then, there was a good amount of rustling objects, things being picked up, put down, adjusted. Again, expected and not. "How strange this is so far." Readjusting her focus again, she turned to any and all conversation, listening for intriguing tidbits to pick up on, and it was not long before she over gleaned upon a couple of males speaking among each other. They spoke of worry for their wellbeing, chances to catch a higher up's eye, and yearning for the 'test' to be over. Grinning like a loon, she turned and was about to speak when, ever so rudely, an old man popped through the doors, introducing himself and ushering them in. She scoffed at him and walked past with nary a care, leaning against the wall just inside. "Anyway," she shot a brief look at Tiresias that bespoke her slightly ruffled feathers, "I don't think it's not a simple 'welcome'. Looks like they're holding a test of some sort." Amelia motioned toward where she heard the conversation, which happened to be more toward the combat and training area. "My best guess? They've got a few dozen wannabes they're going to toss at us. Feel free to tell me when I'm wrong." The last sentence was directed at the glorified assistant.

Turning her attention to the layout of the room, as if trying to judge how things would go down. Although, that wasn't what she had been doing. For the last few long moments, she had felt uneasy. She felt it on the edge of her clairsentience, lurking like a shadowy pit. She hadn't felt anything like it before, and while every being here gave her different sensations, none was like the one that caused her unease. Another moment passed before she realized she was white-knuckling her phone. She blinked at the tech in her hands before putting it away and folding her arms, a chill running over her mind. She hoped silently that whatever it was, it didn't come closer.

[div class=misc]Location: I.I HQ, Initiation Waiting Area

Interacting: adrian_ adrian_ St. Boethius St. Boethius Stikes Stikes CaptainSully CaptainSully Eliasdagood Eliasdagood SP3CT3R SP3CT3R ZacksQuest ZacksQuest

Items: brace-flask, phone

Actions: Waiting to get started/feeling a dark presence TheInsanityOfBobSemple TheInsanityOfBobSemple [/div] [/div][/div]

Amelia glanced as some of the members of the team arrived. She heard the Crowfather's query as he trailed behind others. "Let's just see, yes?" She grinned and used her clairaudience, a faint glow emanating from the white of her eyes as she did - it was the only tell-tale sign that she was using her abilities, and the few times she needed to hide what she was doing, closing them would often solve that problem. Her honey brown eyes unfocused as all her attention went to the sounds beyond the door she stood near. There didn't seem to be any sort of major happenings in that room, so she expanded her auditory focus, though not without first commenting, "Well, that's boring..."

The psion tilted her head as she caught the sounds of many shoes stepping. It was expected, and yet not, as it was difficult for her to grasp a number as they changed positions, stopped and began. And then, there was a good amount of rustling objects, things being picked up, put down, adjusted. Again, expected and not. "How strange this is so far." Readjusting her focus again, she turned to any and all conversation, listening for intriguing tidbits to pick up on, and it was not long before she over gleaned upon a couple of males speaking among each other. They spoke of worry for their wellbeing, chances to catch a higher up's eye, and yearning for the 'test' to be over. Grinning like a loon, she turned and was about to speak when, ever so rudely, an old man popped through the doors, introducing himself and ushering them in. She scoffed at him and walked past with nary a care, leaning against the wall just inside. "Anyway," she shot a brief look at Tiresias that bespoke her slightly ruffled feathers, "I don't think it's not a simple 'welcome'. Looks like they're holding a test of some sort." Amelia motioned toward where she heard the conversation, which happened to be more toward the combat and training area. "My best guess? They've got a few dozen wannabes they're going to toss at us. Feel free to tell me when I'm wrong." The last sentence was directed at the glorified assistant.

Turning her attention to the layout of the room, as if trying to judge how things would go down. Although, that wasn't what she had been doing. For the last few long moments, she had felt uneasy. She felt it on the edge of her clairsentience, lurking like a shadowy pit. She hadn't felt anything like it before, and while every being here gave her different sensations, none was like the one that caused her unease. Another moment passed before she realized she was white-knuckling her phone. She blinked at the tech in her hands before putting it away and folding her arms, a chill running over her mind. She hoped silently that whatever it was, it didn't come closer.

Interacting: adrian_ adrian_ St. Boethius St. Boethius Stikes Stikes CaptainSully CaptainSully Eliasdagood Eliasdagood SP3CT3R SP3CT3R ZacksQuest ZacksQuest
Items: brace-flask, phone
Actions: Waiting to get started/feeling a dark presence TheInsanityOfBobSemple TheInsanityOfBobSemple

1854e8e09e1ba8cabbffa435e9b9ffb5--robot-art-robots.jpgDamn. Was the first thought that came to Johan's mind as he walked into the Welcome Center. This place was ten times bigger than it was. He was so used to working in large dull offices and complexes this was so new to him. The Intervention really had their own definition of seriousness and accommodation. He wasn't paying attention as his eyes wandered the whole time. There's gotta be a hell of a lot of restaurants in this place. He was in the center of the whole mall and noticed some had gone to the candy store, his sweet tooth was craving something so he decided to get something for himself.

He walked around aimlessly trying to find the candy he wanted, which was mainly peanut butter cups and king size chocolate bars. He had a figure to maintain so he didn't get too much. He was about to go to the cashier to make his purchase til the cold draft hit the room. He turned as he saw Jago appear, Johan didn't know he was but considering he appeared before Captain Zaphan, he was probably a member of the team. He walked up to him and waved before introducing himself. "Welcome to the team. I'm Johan, best hydromage and old norse speaker. We're glad to have you with us." He said while he smiled at Jago.

He then turned to Mel and noticed that he was cowering. Johan spoke discreetly to him trying to calm him down, "You want something fancy wings? If you want you can have some of my stuff." He said as he calmly rubbed Mel's head.

Interactions: TheInsanityOfBobSemple TheInsanityOfBobSemple Ayama Ayama

St. Jacob was both marveled by the size and scale of the building yet also wary of all the demons and undead he could sense in the area. He could tell that almost none of them were bound and seemed to be here of their own free will. Part of his mind welcomed them and was happy to give them a chance at redemption despite their past failings, and the other louder part of his mind, the part that had been trained for several decades, was telling him that they were threats that needed to be bound, expelled, or destroyed. St Jacob especially watched the demons that were making themselves known to his fellow team members. His concentration on the Minotaur demon was so intense that practically every thing else faded away. He was going to be ready the moment the demon showed it’s true colors and attacked. Yet as time marched on it seemed to prove itself to be docile and harbored no ill will. This thankfully enabled St Jacob to pull his gaze away from the demon and focus more of his surroundings.
He had never been a fan of malls but he’s had to design a few of them before he joined the Templar order. It was certainly made recently with the modern style of the interior. Large stretching ceiling that allowed the maximum amount of sunlight in possible. He made a quick note of the load bearing pillars that would usually be targets for attack, but he was more interested in getting into the guts of the building rather than this presentation in front of them.

[class name="emain"] box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0 auto 50px; padding: 20px; width: calc(100% - 40px); max-width: 600px; font-size: initial; background: #fdfdfd; border: 1px solid #eaeaea; [/class] [class name="ewrap"] display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; margin-left: -20px; width: calc(100% + 20px); [/class] [class name="eicon"] flex: 1 0 150px; margin-left: 20px; width: 100%; max-width: 150px; background: url('https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/6y45o6wdebuq8qe/EmmaIcon.jpg') top left/150px 225px no-repeat; [/class] [class name="edescription"] flex: 5 0 200px; margin-left: 20px; max-width: 400px; [/class] [class name="esubheader"] font-family: 'Roboto Condensed', sans-serif; font-size: 1.0em; color: #777777; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; [/class] [class name="etext"] margin-top: 10px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; font-size: 0.9em; color: #777777; line-height: 135%; text-align: justify; [/class] [class name="etags"] margin-top: 10px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; font-size: 0.8em; line-height: 125%; color: #777777; text-align: justify; [/class] [div class="root"] [div class="flexcontainer"] [div class="flexbox"] [div class="seikamainL"] [div class="seikaIMG" style="background: url('https://cdn140.picsart.com/247864493017202.jpg?r1024x1024') 50% 25%/400px 600px no-repeat;"] [/div] [/div] [/div] [div class="flexbox"] [div class="scrollbox"] [div class="JP" style="margin-top: 25px;"] rachel valac [/div] [div class="EN"] wash-out evocator [/div] [div class="indented"] [div class="accentheader"] location [/div]
candy store
[div class="accentheader"] tags [/div]
Ayama Ayama
ZacksQuest ZacksQuest
TheInsanityOfBobSemple TheInsanityOfBobSemple
Sylvio Sylvio [/div] [div class="bodytext"] Credits? Well, that does make sense. Besides, she's not going to turn down an opportunity to have someone pay for her. As she browsed, watching Mel's excitement out of the corner of her eye, a chill ran down Rachel's spine. It felt as if she couldn't breathe, like as this overbearing presence got closer and closer, it snatched all of the air out of her lungs. She slowly turned around, half expecting to see an enraged Mab behind her. Instead, she saw a massive man in full military garb and a gas mask looming over them. The captain didn't seem to have a problem with him, so he's most likely not an enemy, but she just couldn't get this overwhelming fear out of her.

So he has a fear effect? That makes sense. Though Rachel would've liked to think she would be resistant to it, seems like it's quite effective. Looking over to Mel, she saw him doing the same. "I'm, uh, I'm sure it'll be fine. We'll be quick, I promise." she managed to choke out, taking a deep breath afterwards. She picked out a bar of dark chocolate and a bag of peach rings, walking over to Zaphan. "Thank you for offering to buy these for us. It'll be an honor working with you. If there's anything I can do to repay the favor, just let me know." she offered, reaching out to shake his hand. "Though, I doubt someone of your renown would have any use for a newbie like me." she added, turning over to Johan afterward. "The title of 'best hydromage' actually belongs to me. You might be a good runner-up, though." [/div] [/div] [/div] [/div] [/div]
code by @Nano
[class name="root"] --bg: #fefefe; --accent: #b54434; --grey1: #656765; --grey2: #aaaaaa; --grey3: #e8e8e8; --text: #878787; --s1: 45px; --s2: 35px; --s3: 25px; --s4: 1.0em; --s5: 0.9em; --JP: 'Sawarabi Mincho', sans-serif; --EN: 'Work Sans', sans-serif; --LH: 125%; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; justify-content: center; margin: 0 auto; padding: 50px 0; background-color: var(--bg); font-size: initial; [/class] [class name="flexcontainer"] flex: 1 0 100%; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; justify-content: center; margin-left: -20px; width: 100%; max-width: 840px; [/class] [class name="flexbox"] flex: 1 0 300px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 20px; width: 100%; max-width: 400px; height: 70vh; max-height: 650px; background-color: var(--bg); overflow: hidden; position: relative; [/class] [class name="seikamainL"] box-sizing: border-box; padding: 25px; border: 1px solid var(--grey3); background-color: var(--bg); [/class] [class name="seikaIMG"] display: flex; flex-flow: column-reverse nowrap; width: 100%; max-width: 348px; height: calc(70vh - 52px); max-height: 598px; background: url('') 50% 25%/400px 600px no-repeat; [/class] [class name="JP"] font-size: var(--s1); font-family: var(--JP); font-weight: 500; color: var(--accent); line-height: 100%; [/class] [class name="EN"] font-size: var(--s2); font-family: var(--EN); font-weight: 900; color: var(--grey1); line-height: 100%; [/class] [class name="scrollbox"] padding-right: 18px; width: 100%; max-width: 400px; height: 70vh; max-height: 650px; background-color: var(--bg); overflow-y: auto; [/class] [class name="bodytext"] margin-top: 25px; font-family: var(--EN); font-size: var(--s4); text-align: justify; color: var(--text); line-height: var(--LH); [/class] [class name="indented"] margin-top: 25px; margin-left: 20px; width: calc(100% - 20px); font-family: var(--EN); font-size: var(--s4); text-align: justify; color: var(--text); line-height: var(--LH); [/class] [class name="accentheader"] display: inline-block; font-family: var(--EN); font-size: var(--s4); line-height: (--LH); color: var(--accent); text-transform: uppercase; [/class]

Hinzerhaus turned to the man in the black suit and black tie. He would have raised an eyebrow, if he had one, at the fact the man was in a suit. This was not to dress code regulation of the agents and foot troops of the Intervention Foundation. But then again, he supposed that this man had to be part of the team to so brazenly reject the code.

"Pleasure to meet you as well," He said, the voicebox crackled slightly.

He glanced back on the half-demon creature in the kiosk. He didn't feel anything to that thing but he couldn't help but sense a feeling of disgust deep down to the fact it was a demon thing. And how everyone seemed to treat him like and child and that he almost acted like one. This was the front and the intervention team had recruited such individuals so far. A man that didn't understand the dress code. A half-demon child thing. And these... quips between the lady and the suit. Highly, unprofessional. But these would have to make do. The world needed men and women to stand up against the darkness. Hinzerhaus knew He would not have picked these individuals without reason or cause. Still, they made doubts in him.

They should have been at the meeting already. Being late was an offense. The only reason that Hinzerhaus was late was that an interrogation session took far longer than anticipated. The girl had been particularly strong-willed so he had been forced to use tools. Still, it took three hours longer after that.

"Still," his voice was harsh. "We are late. We are very late and I am sure He does not tolerate the time we have already delayed."

With that, he turned and strode out of the Kiosk, heading for the arranged meeting spot.

Jago Hinzerhaus

With: Ayama Ayama GumGumChomp GumGumChomp ZacksQuest ZacksQuest Sylvio Sylvio

Carrying: Cutter Blade and Volter Pistol. Ten Clips.

Action: Walking to the meeting room, free to talk on the way.

Last edited:

Melchizedek Mochizuki
With: Rachel, Zaphan, Johan, Jago
Currently: Worried
Carrying: Licorice

As Mel stood there, worried and hesitating, Johan entered the store and introduced himself to the man in the gas mask. To Mel's surprise, he then turned to him and asked if he wanted anything, offering him some of his candy, patting his head and giving him a nickname. Mel blushed beet red and shook his head, wings flapping in agitation.

Rachel then reassured him on his earlier worry, promising they'd be quick. Mel nodded, walking over and grabbing a pack of long licorice as she thanked Zaphan and then challenged Johan for the title of 'best hydromage'. Mel walked up beside her, holding out the licorice.

"Yes th-thank you," he said, in pale imitation of her confident manner.

Mel felt the gaze of the man in the gas mask on him and shivered in spite of himself, drawing a little closer to Rachel. When he said that they were late, Mel blanched, a thrill of fear going through him at the thought of what would be done to them for the offense. It might seem like an unreasonable fear and a bit of an overreaction but, for someone raised by a Lord of Hell, fearing retribution for even such a small transgression as 'being late' was actually fairly understandable.

He grabbed Rachel's hand and began to pull her away, not wanting to make things any worse for them.

"C'mon, we need to go," he said as he started walking after the man in the mask.
codedbycrucialstar
As Mel stood there, worried and hesitating, Johan entered the store and introduced himself to the man in the gas mask. To Mel's surprise, he then turned to him and asked if he wanted anything, offering him some of his candy, patting his head and giving him a nickname. Mel blushed beet red and shook his head, wings flapping in agitation.

Rachel then reassured him on his earlier worry, promising they'd be quick. Mel nodded, walking over and grabbing a pack of long licorice as she thanked Zaphan and then challenged Johan for the title of 'best hydromage'. Mel walked up beside her, holding out the licorice.

"Yes th-thank you," he said, in pale imitation of her confident manner.

Mel felt the gaze of the man in the gas mask on him and shivered in spite of himself, drawing a little closer to Rachel. When he said that they were late, Mel blanched, a thrill of fear going through him at the thought of what would be done to them for the offense. It might seem like an unreasonable fear and a bit of an overreaction but, for someone raised by a Lord of Hell, fearing retribution for even such a small transgression as 'being late' was actually fairly understandable.

He grabbed Rachel's hand and began to pull her away, not wanting to make things any worse for them.

"C'mon, we need to go," he said as he started walking after the man in the mask.

[class=Notes] //So this is an older code that I tried to fix up to look nicer// //Forward slashes are comments // //and do no show up in the final design,// //these are to help you find everything easily// //and explain some code as well // //These comments must be within a class or script tags// // to be hidden, from what I know. // //Long URls are images// //# followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes// //or color codes// //this code does not show breaks unless it shows the
code. // // when typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press enter// // it will not show that you did. you'll have to use the
tags// [/class]
[class=Notes] //The background image// [/class]
[class=Notes] //the image in the cirlce and the border// [/class]
[class=Notes] //the transparent with background and the border and below is the text// [/class]
The board always bothered him, focused on politics and appeasement rather than efficiency. Making efforts to make deities like Sekhmet happy simply because of their support. He couldn't necessarily blame them, but it certainly aggravated him. However, these frustrations were very quickly, if not immediately eclipsed by his growing curiosity. Saint Jacob... this would be the first agent he would be interacting with extensively from the Heavenly Host. Sure, he had met and fought with countless angels and knights of the lord alike, though no Saint. His interest was ever-expanding.

After being fully briefed and updated on the team & coming initiation Asher quietly spoke.
"Thank you, Director, Sandalphon. Promise I won't be too rough on the little guys." a playful tone accompanying his words as the new agents began to fill the initiation chamber. quite a crowd they were, and certainly diverse. A fact he found to be under-rated in his time running espionage for the bureau. His amber eyes scanned every new member as they walked in, the flame behind his pupils flickering in reaction to a few, most particularly the large rugged man whose blessing he could sense in his chest. This would certainly be an interesting assignment.

[class=Notes] //Below is the purple box and the content meant for tags// [/class]
Interacting: Board-Members
Located:
Initiation Chamber
Mentioned:
Board-Members
code by @AgWordSmith

Intervention Headquarters: Intervention Training Facility
Before Asher made his reply, the Director suddenly pressed a hand to his ear and checked his watch, tutting. "Yes, thank you." The Director pinched the bridge of his nose. "Dammit," he muttered, "Far too late. This is not a good first impression. Sim Crew!" He shouted over to the lounging technicians and illusionists, who were idly chatting. "Start the real simulation- they'll be in here in a few minutes. Hostiles!" He shouted the next command to the assembled few dozen Intervention employees standing in their designated areas. Their images began to flicker between the shoddy costumes and the realistic, more immediately threatening illusions casted around them. A few looked warily up at the Director while licking dry lips and white-knuckling their weapons; a few others had wry, self-confident grins and smacked the heft of their weapon into their open hands. Most simply stood at attention at the barked order and waited efficiently and attentively. "Start your routines. You've all had combat training- if you forget the assigned patrol, use your training and improvise." At the word "improvise", the more eager and cocky of the interns got more ecstatic at the coming encounter- the rest simply nodded. Last, he motioned to Freya's trial room from the loft. "Remember- I want them assignment-ready after this exercise, so don't overdo it." Freya sighed, but stood ready and gave her contemporary a small two-finger salute to show that she understood. He turned back to the rest of the present Board members and Asher. He looked to Sandalphon. Sandalphon nodded at the Director without a word being traded, and the recruits began to file in through the lower deck. It was then that Asher made his comment, and the Director chuckled. "You don't have to go easy on them. Just treat 'em like family, okay?" The Director started towards the stairs leading to the ground level of the training facility.

"Asher, I think it's time I formally introduce you to the team."

Characters: Director Pallas, Board Member Freya, Board Member Sekhmet, Board Member Apollo, Board Member Sandalphon| Location: IIHQ Training Facility | Action: Speaking to Lemercer Lemercer and starting the simulation | Other Notes: None Now

Captain Zaphan nodded to Dr. Johan with a resigned politeness at first- a few decades of dealing with the bureaucratic red tape wrapped snugly around the Asgard-Midgard Trade Accords during Nordic missions hammered in an image of delegate members as officious stuffed-shirts, something that Johan's very business-oriented attire did nothing to alleviate. However, his subsequent laid-back demeanor and kind attitude to the young half-demon was enough to warm the demon to him. "You must be Dr. Petersen." He extended a bull-like hand to shake his. "It's good to have you on the bureau."

Captain Zaphan turned to Jago, and then looked to Mel who had visibly recoiled at the thought of transgression with something akin to understanding and pity, and said, "That... would probably be best for all of you- I'm sure the Director wants the simulation over with so the Board can stop looking over his shoulder. C'mon, I'll lead the way." Zaphan led the way in a brisk, military stride, but Larry from the shop poked his head out of the stockroom and scurried over to Mel, handing him a sizeable Hershey bar with a smile and a nod before heading back to the shop, trying to avoid even breathing in Jago's general direction on the way back.

The demon led them farther on, but saw the Saint and stopped cold. It wasn't from a natural disdain for the Heavenly Host's chosen soldier, or from a simple demon-saint dichotomy; as far as Zaphan cared, he wasn't a demon, just the child of one, and his actions were his own to decide. However, he knew of Saint Jacob's reputation, and had even seen it in the Five Year War, and it was hard to see him as an amicable fellow when he saw the aftermath of his crusades firsthand, and had to poke through the bodies of relatively innocent Infernal peasants who holy fire had seared from the inside out. He looked over to Mel, and then back to the Saint, and he steeled himself to not say anything out of turn. He strode close to the Saint but not too close, bowed deeply and formally but did not extend his hand, and said, "Saint Jacob. Captain Zaphan, Infernal Team Asa Tactical Commander. It's a pleasure to have you on the bureau. If you could follow me, I can show you to the Initiation room." With that, he led the five of them to the waiting room, opened the door, and nodded to each of them on the way in. They could hear Tiresias babbling from outside the door.

Characters: Captain Zaphan, Candy Vendor Larry | Location: IIHQ Welcome Center | Action: Guiding GumGumChomp GumGumChomp , TheInsanityOfBobSemple TheInsanityOfBobSemple , Ayama Ayama , Sylvio Sylvio , and St. Boethius St. Boethius to the Initiation Waiting Room | Other Notes: None Now

Intervention Headquarters: Initiation Waiting Room

When Aziza shook Tiresias's hand, there was a tangible crackle of energy. The same could be felt by Crowfather, or really anyone who shook his hand and had an ounce of magical aptitude. What this meant wasn't clear, but it didn't matter as he moved right on into the room and began his blathering.

As Leo entered the room and sat down, he could possibly feel Tiresias's gaze following him to his seat with a bemused smile, even if he hadn't moved spots. He pointed to Aziza who asked the first question and began "Ah, allow me to e-" and then stopped as Amelia, quite proud of herself, pretty much hit the nail on the head. He cocked his head to her, for a couple seconds of curt silence, before guffawing. "Ah, no no no! That was quite correct, well done, you weren't wrong- simply only halfway to the point... though, I imagine that is a limitation of your ability. I suppose your father's advice paid off on you, hm? 'Mankind had applied their natural skills to hunting mammoths before the gods, and had fought off the deadliest of diseases after, so what challenge is a locked door?' I'm sure the Board will be glad to know doors certainly aren't your mammoths." The assistant's eyes were completely hidden behind opaque lenses, but from the tone of his voice one could be sure they were gleaming. "Anyways, you are absolutely correct. Afterward there's the rigamarole of guiding you through the facility, letting you know some of Intervention's most basic rules and tenets, all that nonsense, but the true crux of the event is a training simulation of an old Intervention assignment, perfectly recreated and staffed by combat-trained interns and employees. This is to give you a semblance of field experience before you're sent out on assignments with much more tumultuous and, dare I say, real consequences." He motioned to Razzo, "The training room will always be open between missions, just in case someone wants to take a look at the holographics system or test out a technique or what have you. Anyways, are there any other questions I can-"

He was interrupted by the door leading from the Welcome Center opening up, and the remaining five members of the Intervention Team filing in. Zaphan, holding the door open, nodded to Tiresias. "Prophet."

Tiresias didn't pay any attention to Zaphan's word of recognition, and beamed like a schoolchild. "Ah, they're all here! I'm afraid Q-and-A will simply have to wait until after Initiation- although, I suppose Initiation is truly the most important time for Q-and-A. After all, how can you be initiated if you don't understand the fundamental structure of the organization? Once again I find myself digressing, I do apologize- ah, let me just-" he brought a hand up to his ear and pressed two fingers down. At this point anyone with eyes could tell he had an earpiece comm, the small black line of microphone just barely visible on the weathered cheek.

At this time Zaphan murmured to the five before they entered. "That's Tiresias, Board Member Apollo's prophet and PA. A few chapters short of a book, if you catch my drift."

Tiresias began speaking. "Sir, they're all gathered. I take it you want to start Initiation as soon as possible?" A brief pause. "Understood, sir, I'll send them in now... well, little ones, time with you has been brief but it's time for you to enjoy your first taste of what Intervention life has to offer." With that, he opened the door opposite the one they entered, and ushered them out- all except for Divan, who remained in his seat. Zaphan walked over to the man to get him out and bring him to training, but huddled over him, looking up to make sure the rest of the team was heading out the doors and waving off any who tried to stay behind. Tiresias went over to where Zaphan was and also peered at the man. Particularly keen-eared people could hear phrases like "fetch me medical bay", "still responsive", and "heart palpitation" in there.

There was no time for that. On the other side of that door was a warm summer night, the moon risen large and majestic over a massive building. Crickets chirped and amphibians seemed to chitter and move over peoples' feet, even if you couldn't see them. The breeze danced on the air and hit people in the face with a salty taste reminiscent of the sea. In the distance, though distance is relative, they could hear, and see, an explosion, with glass bursting outwards from a floor-to-ceiling window in a large second-floor room that looked like it could be a conference room or loft. Serpentine beings dressed in kevlar and wielding black military-style shotguns were strutting the grounds outside the entrance, while a few more creatures of a variety of shapes and sizes seemed to be rushing through the complex past them.

The Director was there. Behind him was Asher. "Welcome, Team Ezec, to Initiation. I hope you all had time to catch your bearings and get acclimated, because now- we're going to throw you in the gauntlet. Before we begin, let's get introductions out of the way. I may've mentioned it handing out your paperwork, but my name is Pallas. I am the Director of Intervention Operations- that is to say, I oversee all task force operations, assign missions, and see to the needs and regulations of the task forces that make up the backbone of Intervention's overwatch program. Behind me is Special Agent Salah- he had been recruited as a Task Force Member years ago and has undertaken over two-hundred missions for us since then. He will act as your advisor, mentor, and point man for operations as you start taking assignments. You can consider this first assignment a placement test, to see where you fit in the team and where you don't, what you're good at and what needs work, without the unnecessary stress of figuring it out in a real life-or-death situation." He motioned behind him. "What you see back there is the Athenaiko Kentro, a convention center on the Athenian Coast. November 17th, 2068, at approximately 21:15 Eastern European Time. Greek gods, as well as a number of delegates and ambassadors, had convened to witness the signing of the Neonate Referendum that would officially remove their corrupt leadership from power, appoint Apollo as head of the pantheon, and swear in the new deities to their elected positions as the Olympian Neonate. However, ten minutes later, a number of heavily armed monsters and human mages appeared by strategically placed portals in access corridors and maintenance rooms, as well as from a number of manned ships. Contact with reception or security failed- contact with the reception hall where the signing was taking place gave our bureau an ultimatum: 'Release Zeus, Hera, Poseidon, Aphrodite, and Dionysus from Grey. Stop. Reinstate Ares. Stop. Classify and criminalize all associated with Olympian Neonate as civil aggressors. Stop. For every thirty minutes demands aren't met, six hostages die. Stop.' Because of that last point, we had no extra time to prepare, so that's all the information we gave Team Asa before sending them in. Which means, that's all the information you're getting. Your objective- find a way to reach the reception center where the hostages are kept, subdue or terminate the lead perpetrator, and most importantly take care to limit hostage casualties as much as possible. Good luck, and take care." With that, the Director turned and walked away, leaving Asher and the simulation. The team was all together and it's time to begin.

Ahead of the team is the front garden to the convention center. It looks more like the front of a mansion or country club than a convention center. The driveway is gravel and circular, leading up to the front steps of the convention center and then circling back around a giant fountain adorned with ornamental cherubs, spitting water every which way. There are cars parked on both sides of the driveway, and a few yards past the driveway are tall hedges, well-manicured and trimmed. Some of the cars are smart cars, and instead of simpler comms devices, one of the lamias is checking in periodically on their phone. The driveway leads to a short set of stone steps leading to a front porch. The porch is overhung, and two large stone gargoyle statues sit boredly on both corners. You all can see that on the right side there is a concrete-lined stairway leading into a cellar, but on the right side is a sturdy-looking drainpipe. The building continues around if you wish to follow on either corner, but first you have to get past the security the perpetrator has put up.

There are three Lamia Soldiers,
serpentine looking beasties sporting kevlar armor and wielding combat shotguns. Two of them are perched on the corners of the steps to the entrance, holding the guns out in front of them and aiming them from side to side. The third one is pacing around the driveway, ambushing around corners of the cars and around hedges shotgun raised, then pulling back each time dejectedly when he doesn't see anyone to fire on. Clearly, he is overeager about his assignment for this training mission.

Characters: Tiresias, Zaphan, Director Pallas| Location: IIHQ Intervention Waiting Room, then Athenaiko Kentro| Action: Getting everyone situated, then beginning the mission. Nastarial Nastarial GumGumChomp GumGumChomp Eliasdagood Eliasdagood Sylvio Sylvio TheInsanityOfBobSemple TheInsanityOfBobSemple Ayama Ayama CaptainSully CaptainSully Stikes Stikes Lemercer Lemercer St. Boethius St. Boethius SP3CT3R SP3CT3R | Other Notes: None (Currently)

Lamia Soldier

Faction: Infernal Intervention - Interns
Abilities:
  • Combat Shotgun: Each of the Lamia Soldiers has an illusory Combat Shotgun that can fire eight shots before reloading; each Lamia Soldier has exactly three full reloads for their weapon. It has almost no range, but is powerful up close. They are all trained in real combat shotguns, but notably getting hit by the shotgun blast will stun you but, being an illusion, do no real physical damage.
  • Alert: The Lamia Soldiers are on the prowl, which makes evading them once you start the simulation a bit trickier than a guard that isn't alert.
  • Contortionist: The Lamia Soldiers (and, more notably, the Lamia or snake-man interns playing the soldiers) have flexible bodies and can slip out of physical bindings or make somewhat more improbable dodges even if cornered.
Health: 2 Each

Rudimentary Entrance Map
View attachment 673924

Last edited:
St. Jacob returned Captain Zaphon’s respectful bow with a more restrained bow making sure it wasn’t deeper than the demons. “ A pleasure Captain Zaphon, May the blessing of Shaddai aid you in your endeavors.” The saint made an effort to hide his disdain for the creature behind a well meaning smile as he attempted to convince himself to mean it. After all, the fact that the demon was here meant that he was not like the rest of his ilk who desire for the destruction of Shaddai’s creation. This demon was penitent and should be considered a wayward sinner trying to return to Shaddai’s embrace. Humans are flawed just the same as demons. It’s just that demons have fallen so low that Shaddai’s love burns them like a flame.
St. Jacob was silent throughout the rest of their short trip and through the explanation. It was almost baffling to him how complex the illusion work was. If he didn’t know any better he would swear he was actually at the location. Now that their mission had begun St Jacob stopped feeding his ambient holy power into his cross and prepared for battle. Making sure that he was away from the others this time he began his preparation.

St. Jacob’s holy power exuded from his body as if he was had burst into flames and his dull eyes ignited as well. After a moment of focus the energy began to take shape forming a suit of plate armor from the energy and a smoldering red halo appeared over the saints head as if a crown of flames was adorning him. St Jacob exhaled deeply as he felt reinvigorated by the release of power. In fact his entire body seemed to glow slightly.
First things first we need more information. We need the locations of the enemy forces and we need to know where exactly the hostages are located. We need to know if they’ve wired the place with explosives how many and where. Our best bet is to go in quickly and quietly to secure the safety of the hostages, I’ll state that I have been sent to negotiate the release of the hostages and facilitate his demands. While I’ve got their attention we need our most able to break in and quietly subdue the enemy. The moment they know we’re inside those hostages are dead. Any comments or questions so far?”

St Jacob had taken the reigns as he normally did, but he knew that he wasn’t the leader of the team and in fact they were all equals. He was waiting for them to offer input and help form the plan. Rushing in would only get them and the hostages killed.

Aziza is watching the illusion cloaked enemies very carefully. “If someone were to request it, and knew what room the hostages were in, I could be in and out with them before they could be harmed.” She whispers.

She seems to be doing her best not to look directly at St Jacob. She can’t understand why these memories are still so raw after thousands of years. “That plan would be sound, if we were to assume the actors pretended to believe you. Which they very well may not. Look there.” She says, gesturing to the intern that looks like they’re ready to fire on literally the first person they see.

[class=bg] background-color: #fffeea; margin: 20px; padding: 15px; border: 2px dotted #f2f3ee; border-radius: 10px; [/class] [class=title] font-family: Kalam; font-size: 28px; position: relative; margin: 0; padding: 0; line-height: 25px; color: #313832; [/class] [class=quote] font-family: Kalam; font-size: 20px; margin: 0; padding: 0; line-height: 25px; color: #313832; [/class] [class=bg2] background-color: #816869; height: 3px; width: 90%; margin: 10px 0; [/class] [class=misc] background-color: #A393A2; border: 3px solid #816869; border-radius: 5px; font-family: Kalam; line-height: 15px; font-style: bold; font-weight: bold; font-size: 14px; color: #313832; [/class] [class=img] border: 3px solid #816869; float: right; height: 300px; width: 300px; background: url(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/480587605377941507/665645355815272478/Amelia.jpg); box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=text] position: relative; color: #313832; margin: 5px; text-align: justify; line-height: 16px; font-family: Dosis; font-size: 16px; [/class] [div class=bg] [div class=title]Amelia Quinton[/div] [div class=img][/div] [div class=bg2][/div] [div class=quote]"Eyes are useless when the mind is blind. Ps, the heart's a misleading bitch."[/div] [div class=text]
The intro into the training mission started, and everyone seemed to understand what they needed to do. When it began, Amelia was impressed with the amount of aether being channeled into the illusions. If she had not been told some of it were just that, illusions, she might've thought she'd been transported somewhere. She nodded to the consulting agent amicably as things fully got underway. She listened to the Saint, hearing his experience come into play, which would be useful, and paid heed to what Aziza chimed in as well. She nodded, saying, "I'll be able to give you body counts and locations. Doing so accurately and figuring out who's hostile or not takes extra time... I cannot lose concentration during this, so on any other aspects I'll be useless as well as defenseless."

Amelia heaved a quick sigh. Such was the downfall of not having a more offensive gift, but she was still useful. "I can hide behind those hedges, but I'll need someone to relay relevant information to. Brownie points if said person is able to defend me if shit hits the walls." She had no opinion on whether pretending to be a negotiator would be a good ploy or not, so simply stating what she'd need to gather the missing variables safely was the best way to go. Even though everything was just starting, her heart started to race. She wasn't sure it was more due to the dark presence she felt seeming to come closer or the tasks that lay ahead. Either way, she turned off her phone and would await for someone to come up with a better strategy for her portion of things or for someone to accompany and-or comply to her request. While she waited, she'd maintain the emotional balance she had meditated on just a few minutes ago. Steady heart leads to a mind that would be able to grasp anything, afterall.

[div class=misc]Location: I.I HQ, Initiation room

Interacting: St. Boethius St. Boethius , Stikes Stikes , CaptainSully CaptainSully , GumGumChomp GumGumChomp , Ayama Ayama , Sylvio Sylvio , Eliasdagood Eliasdagood , SP3CT3R SP3CT3R , TheInsanityOfBobSemple TheInsanityOfBobSemple , and ZacksQuest ZacksQuest

Items: brace-flask, phone(off)

Actions: Taking things in/stating what she'll do and her preferences on doing it [/div] [/div][/div]

The intro into the training mission started, and everyone seemed to understand what they needed to do. When it began, Amelia was impressed with the amount of aether being channeled into the illusions. If she had not been told some of it were just that, illusions, she might've thought she'd been transported somewhere. She nodded to the consulting agent amicably as things fully got underway. She listened to the Saint, hearing his experience come into play, which would be useful, and paid heed to what Aziza chimed in as well. She nodded, saying, "I'll be able to give you body counts and locations. Doing so accurately and figuring out who's hostile or not takes extra time... I cannot lose concentration during this, so on any other aspects I'll be useless as well as defenseless."

Amelia heaved a quick sigh. Such was the downfall of not having a more offensive gift, but she was still useful. "I can hide behind those hedges, but I'll need someone to relay relevant information to. Brownie points if said person is able to defend me if shit hits the walls." She had no opinion on whether pretending to be a negotiator would be a good ploy or not, so simply stating what she'd need to gather the missing variables safely was the best way to go. Even though everything was just starting, her heart started to race. She wasn't sure it was more due to the dark presence she felt seeming to come closer or the tasks that lay ahead. Either way, she turned off her phone and would await for someone to come up with a better strategy for her portion of things or for someone to accompany and-or comply to her request. While she waited, she'd maintain the emotional balance she had meditated on just a few minutes ago. Steady heart leads to a mind that would be able to grasp anything, afterall.

Last edited:
St Jacob listened to Amelia describe her capabilities and smiled, this was exactly what he needed. The Saint made the the sign of the cross over Amelia and recited a prayer over her, “ I beseech you Lord of the meek to turn your shining gaze on your child. Envelope her in your loving embrace and protect her from all evil that may befall her.” As the prayer ended the medallion that St. Jacob began to glow as the spell initiated. If successful she would be encased in Holy power that would disappear from view shortly. It would protect her from the next attack that would land on her.
“ Please start as quickly as you can. Positions first then take the time to give me positions of enemies. If I know their locations I can cast a large area of effect and if given enough time take them all out at once.”
Next St Jacob attempted to activate the protection medallion on Aziza.
Next, Aziza if you can get the hostages out quickly and safely please do so. Once the hostages are clear we don’t have to worry about collateral damage.”
the way the saint said collateral damage was a bit more unsettling than he had intended, but no matter.

Hinzerhaus was next to have his medallion activated, if he chose to join in the prayer it would no doubt help with the activation but the Saint remained silent about that.
Hinzerhaus, I can tell you have a great deal of combat experience. While I would love to have you by my side in this fight I must request you keep Miss Quinton’s safety as priority.”
The Yeti was an imposing figure to be sure. Yet apparently it was good with technology? He could work with that. Razzo’s role would ideally have little to nothing to do with combat, but St. Jacob wasn’t one to take risks with comrades lives and attempted to activate the Yeti’s and Mel’s protection medals.
Razzo, I’m not well versed on your abilities so I have a request. Do you think after Aziza grabs the hostages you can use your ability to short the electricity to the building? If you do that’ll trip every electronic dependent on the building and most importantly kill the power. If you’re able to scramble their communications even better. The more confusion the better. Mel please go with Razzo to ensure his safety.”
The Saint then turned to Johan and Rachel, and after praying for the activating of their protection relics proposed their mission.
Rachel, Johan as our masters over water I’m hoping you can help Razzo create some chaos for our enemy. Somewhere in this vicinity will be an access point for the Convention’s water supply. As soon as the power goes out I’d like you to use your abilities to cause the sprinkler system to burst. This will flood the convention center and give you both a leg up if you encounter hostiles.”
St. Jacob turned to regard Leo and Crowfather. After praying over them and hopefully activating the protection pendents he spoke, “Crowfather your mission is primarily over watch. If all goes well this will be the perfect environment for you. Help where you think you’re needed. If you can isolate and take down enemies that would work best. Hit and run tactics, don’t get overwhelmed by numbers.
Leo I’d like you to go with Crowfather and help with over watch. Just like him try to stick to hit and run tactics. Target mages specifically please. They’re an unneeded variable. “

The more the Saint spoke the more it became clear he had stopped viewing the interns as people and regarded them as threats or obstacles.
Lastly there was the Silvertongue. Aptly named and as such his mission was all to clear, “ Divan I’d like you to.....”
The Silvertongue had been there just a moment ago. No matter, St. Jacob didn’t have time to wonder where he went and continued forward. Now that everyone besides their mentor Asher had a proposed role all that was left was to confirm the plan and make sure everyone was ready.
Communication is a must have on the battlefield. We need a way to communicate with one another. Real time communication would be preferable, but at the very least we should agree on a signal that will be used to put our plan into action.”
The Saint has said everything on his mind. Now all that was left was to hear the teams thoughts and get this underway.

Whoa, this guy's packing experience, Razzo thought as the priest conjured a whole set of plate armor from the aether, and then handed out tasks for the rest of the team like he was waiting for the opportunity to put everyone in their place. He said under his breath, "Wow, remind me not to have premarital sex with this guy around." Of course, yetis didn't sexually reproduce, but he would regret not dropping such a bomb-ass one-liner later on, even if no one heard him say it.

Going back to the task at hand, Razzo pushed his glasses up by the bridge and said, "Hate to break it to you now, but I'm a garden-variety hackerman, not a technopath. I can easily create diversions and scramble comms, hell, I could set off the sprinkler system myself. But I can't cut the power entirely without taking a pair of pliers to something."

Interacting: St. Boethius St. Boethius

Melchizedek Mochizuki
With: The team
Currently: Emotional

Zaphan agreed that it would probably be best for them to get to initiation, and lead the way out of the store. Mel blinked in surprise as the clerk scurried over to him and pressed a chocolate bar into his hands with a smile. Before he had time to say thank you, the man turned and disappeared back into his shop.

Mel stared at the candy bar in his left hand for a moment, then at the licorice in his right, bemused. He wasn't used to people being so nice to him- quite the opposite, in fact. He was used to people hating him for being a demon, or revering him for being the son of Belial, or being punished (either for not being a good enough demon, or for the opposite). But people here didn't seem to care- they were simply kind.

When he saw the Saint, Zaphan stopped abruptly, and Mel could sense the change and the tension coming from him, his wings beating rapidly in response. He bit his lip nervously as the demon looked from him to the Saint and back. Did the two of them have a history? Presumably, they had fought on the same side in the Five Year War, but Zaphan's demeanor did not suggest that he was greeting an old comrade-in-arms. After another tense moment, the demon stepped forward and offered his hand to greet him, if in a noticeably less amicable manner than he had done with Rachel, Mel and Johan.

The Saint returned the demon's greeting with equal stiffness, and Mel's wings sped up a little with all the tension. Between this and what had preceded it, he was beginning to become quite affected for, as demons went, he was really quite sensitive. He was trying and failing not to get emotional about it all and, to distract himself, began eating. By the time they had finished the relatively short walk to where the rest of the group was waiting for them, the chocolate bar and all but one of the licorice strands had vanished. This last was hanging out the side of Mel's mouth as he looked around at the space and the people, the candy having taken care of the feelings and restored his usual inquisitive manner.

Mel's wings flapped as Zaphan introduced the man who was presenting the initiation to them. When he described him as 'a few chapters short of a book', Mel let out a highly inappropriate and not at all discreet snort of laughter, which he pointlessly tried to cover up by looking anywhere but at the man in question and munching on his licorice. He then lead them out of the room to where their initiation would take place, though one of their number stayed behind. Mel looked curiously back at the Silvertongue as they exited, wondering if he was all right.

By the time the man was done with introductions and describing their initiation assignment, the licorice was gone and Mel's tail was back to twitching from apprehension. Even though he knew it was a simulation, he was worried about people getting hurt, and even more worried about messing up. He knew tests were supposed to be stressful- he'd been through enough of them with his father-, but he didn't realize they would be throwing them into the deep end straight off without any training or advice!

The Saint, not at all phased by this (he had been in battles and similar situations before), responded by activating his power in a flash of Holy Light. Mel cowered behind Rachel, feeling that heat pass over him once more, and glaring in the Saint's direction. Had what had happened earlier not registered with him at all? He then began issuing orders, and that somehow made Mel even more mad than the fact that he had once again carelessly used a power that was directly harmful to him.

What on Earth makes him think it's all right to just order us around like that? he thought irately. That's something for a team leader to do, and we don't have one of those yet. Mel's eyes went wide- they didn't have a team leader yet, and this initiation was a placement test... The Saint was trying to make them pick him!

Over my dead body, Mel thought with uncharacteristic vehemence, tail twitching menacingly. He glanced over at Johan, who had so far been silent, hoping that he would step forward and put himself in contention for the spot. In Mel's opinion, the most important quality for a good leader to have was the trust of his team, and the Saint had made damn sure of the opposite from the get-go. If Intervention decided to put him in charge, they would have trouble getting the rest of them to agree to it- he was at least sure of that much.

While Mel was busy fuming, the Saint activated the protection medallions for Amelia and Aziza, giving out more orders. The half-demon stayed close behind Rachel to avoid the repeated flashes of Holy Light, becoming more on edge with each one. When the Saint did the same for the coin in the pouch he had given him, Mel yelped as it became warm against his side and dropped it on the ground, outright glaring at Jacob as he gave him and the yeti orders.

As the yeti responded and it seemed the Saint was finally done with the various bursts of holy power, Mel stepped out from behind Rachel, looking for the first time less like a frightened animal and more like the demon prince he actually was. In fact, a bit of a dark aura seemed to be surrounding him, in direct contrast to the Saint's light, and he appeared distinctly menacing, his wings for once perfectly still but his tail twitching every few seconds as if yearning to stab something (which it was). He faced the Saint head-on.

" 'Our plan', is it?" he said in a much lower voice than he had used up until now. "That's a laugh. And just pray tell what will you be doing, your holiness, while the rest of us are off scampering like the obedient rats you presume we are?" He eyed the halo around the man with disgust, tail twitching again.

"You 'holy' men- you're all the same-" he declared, "- thinking you know best for everyone and imposing your will whether it's what they want or not." He paused, then resumed. "I have news for you, Saint," he spat. "You don't."

There was a tense moment of silence, and then Mel's dark aura seemed to diminish. He took a step backwards, pulling close to Rachel again, as his shoulders began to shake, though he tried to stop them. He was angry, it was true- but that came from his demon side. His human side, now showing through and taking over, was scared and sad. Scared because he and his kind were hunted by men like Jacob simply for existing, with no regard for the fact that they were people- not monsters.

And the fact that he was viewed like this and could never get zealots like Jacob to see them any other way made him incredibly sad. His wings drooped as he thought, foolishly, of the small hope he'd had earlier- that Jacob's words and presence on this team meant he might be different. But here he was again, activating his holy power at will and without warning, with no regard for the fact that it was harmful to one of the members of what was supposed to be his team.
codedbycrucialstar
Zaphan agreed that it would probably be best for them to get to initiation, and lead the way out of the store. Mel blinked in surprise as the clerk scurried over to him and pressed a chocolate bar into his hands with a smile. Before he had time to say thank you, the man turned and disappeared back into his shop.

Mel stared at the candy bar in his left hand for a moment, then at the licorice in his right, bemused. He wasn't used to people being so nice to him- quite the opposite, in fact. He was used to people hating him for being a demon, or revering him for being the son of Belial, or being punished (either for not being a good enough demon, or for the opposite). But people here didn't seem to care- they were simply kind.

When he saw the Saint, Zaphan stopped abruptly, and Mel could sense the change and the tension coming from him, his wings beating rapidly in response. He bit his lip nervously as the demon looked from him to the Saint and back. Did the two of them have a history? Presumably, they had fought on the same side in the Five Year War, but Zaphan's demeanor did not suggest that he was greeting an old comrade-in-arms. After another tense moment, the demon stepped forward and offered his hand to greet him, if in a noticeably less amicable manner than he had done with Rachel, Mel and Johan.

The Saint returned the demon's greeting with equal stiffness, and Mel's wings sped up a little with all the tension. Between this and what had preceded it, he was beginning to become quite affected for, as demons went, he was really quite sensitive. He was trying and failing not to get emotional about it all and, to distract himself, began eating. By the time they had finished the relatively short walk to where the rest of the group was waiting for them, the chocolate bar and all but one of the licorice strands had vanished. This last was hanging out the side of Mel's mouth as he looked around at the space and the people, the candy having taken care of the feelings and restored his usual inquisitive manner.

Mel's wings flapped as Zaphan introduced the man who was presenting the initiation to them. When he described him as 'a few chapters short of a book', Mel let out a highly inappropriate and not at all discreet snort of laughter, which he pointlessly tried to cover up by looking anywhere but at the man in question and munching on his licorice. He then lead them out of the room to where their initiation would take place, though one of their number stayed behind. Mel looked curiously back at the Silvertongue as they exited, wondering if he was all right.

By the time the man was done with introductions and describing their initiation assignment, the licorice was gone and Mel's tail was back to twitching from apprehension. Even though he knew it was a simulation, he was worried about people getting hurt, and even more worried about messing up. He knew tests were supposed to be stressful- he'd been through enough of them with his father-, but he didn't realize they would be throwing them into the deep end straight off without any training or advice!

The Saint, not at all phased by this (he had been in battles and similar situations before), responded by activating his power in a flash of Holy Light. Mel cowered behind Rachel, feeling that heat pass over him once more, and glaring in the Saint's direction. Had what had happened earlier not registered with him at all? He then began issuing orders, and that somehow made Mel even more mad than the fact that he had once again carelessly used a power that was directly harmful to him.

What on Earth makes him think it's all right to just order us around like that? he thought irately. That's something for a team leader to do, and we don't have one of those yet. Mel's eyes went wide- they didn't have a team leader yet, and this initiation was a placement test... The Saint was trying to make them pick him!

Over my dead body, Mel thought with uncharacteristic vehemence, tail twitching menacingly. He glanced over at Johan, who had so far been silent, hoping that he would step forward and put himself in contention for the spot. In Mel's opinion, the most important quality for a good leader to have was the trust of his team, and the Saint had made damn sure of the opposite from the get-go. If Intervention decided to put him in charge, they would have trouble getting the rest of them to agree to it- he was at least sure of that much.

While Mel was busy fuming, the Saint activated the protection medallions for Amelia and Aziza, giving out more orders. The half-demon stayed close behind Rachel to avoid the repeated flashes of Holy Light, becoming more on edge with each one. When the Saint did the same for the coin in the pouch he had given him, Mel yelped as it became warm against his side and dropped it on the ground, outright glaring at Jacob as he gave him and the yeti orders.

As the yeti responded and it seemed the Saint was finally done with the various bursts of holy power, Mel stepped out from behind Rachel, looking for the first time less like a frightened animal and more like the demon prince he actually was. In fact, a bit of a dark aura seemed to be surrounding him, in direct contrast to the Saint's light, and he appeared distinctly menacing, his wings for once perfectly still but his tail twitching every few seconds as if yearning to stab something (which it was). He faced the Saint head-on.

" 'Our plan', is it?" he said in a much lower voice than he had used up until now. "That's a laugh. And just pray tell what will you be doing, your holiness, while the rest of us are off scampering like the obedient rats you presume we are?" He eyed the halo around the man with disgust, tail twitching again.

"You 'holy' men- you're all the same-" he declared, "- thinking you know best for everyone and imposing your will whether it's what they want or not." He paused, then resumed. "I have news for you, Saint," he spat. "You don't."

There was a tense moment of silence, and then Mel's dark aura seemed to diminish. He took a step backwards, pulling close to Rachel again, as his shoulders began to shake, though he tried to stop them. He was angry, it was true- but that came from his demon side. His human side, now showing through and taking over, was scared and sad. Scared because he and his kind were hunted by men like Jacob simply for existing, with no regard for the fact that they were people- not monsters.

And the fact that he was viewed like this and could never get zealots like Jacob to see them any other way made him incredibly sad. His wings drooped as he thought, foolishly, of the small hope he'd had earlier- that Jacob's words and presence on this team meant he might be different. But here he was again, activating his holy power at will and without warning, with no regard for the fact that it was harmful to one of the members of what was supposed to be his team.

Objective, retrieve targets intact with minimal casualties and damage. Rules of engagement, all targets hostile are deemed to be terminated with extreme prejudice. Taking prisoners is not required. High casualties on friendly Assualt Squad are acceptable if the mission is archived. Minimal losses are preferred but are secondary to the objective. Civilian casualties, acceptable. The brutal, ruthless Tarekithian part of Hinzerhaus kicked in. That part which didn't care about anything more than the mission and their one and only purpose, follow commands. He analyzed the approach to the target building. Sufficient cover, for a frontal assault. Suppression fire on the two hostiles at the entranceway and eliminate the one in the open. They had thirty minutes to retrieve the targets but Hinzerhaus realized that it was unlikely they could pull this off without at least one falling. It was just inevitable though they could try to contain the damage.

He regarded the other members of the team. The shaggy beast. Strong yet seemingly timid. He would be no use in an active combat situation. The young demon boy. He had potential but he was too young in his opinion. He didn't yet know respect and how to follow orders. He didn't have the discipline needed to be a soldier. Still, that potential. And his friend, the girl. He hadn't seen much of her yet to be a judge. The old man. The saint. He had power and knowledge. A speaker of God and a fighter. Though he was old Hinzerhaus could see the soldier in him. He was someone how knew war. The other. The lady of the lamp. A mage with power. Hinzerhaus felt a slight unease next to her. It was just that part of the brain-washing he had shaken off that faithful where he turned his back on his nation. That part which told him to fear, hate, and loathe the witch, the inhuman, that filth. They used to burn them at the stake. He now knew differently. Yet, it was still there... Johan, that man in the suit. He didn't seem suited for combat yet he had magic on his side. The crow. That figure of death. Like a fly to a bloated body.

The old man began to pray. Hinzerhaus appreciated the old man's prayer. It cared for the tinder deep in his soul and body. He remembered those days, hiding in the basements as the screamwolves prowled the streets of Tarekith. Where you could feel their fear even through the thick walls. Hiding in the blackness, he had nothing to go on by pray. Pray for salvation. He joined in softly. His voicebox crackled slightly but as he spoke it was less harsh. It was a deep and phlegmy voice, still slightly distorted: "The Lord Protects."

He turned to the Saint. The plan made sense. Distract and pin their foe in one location while they infiltrated the target. If things did go wrong "Very well, your plan is sound. I will escort Ms. Quinton for her observation objective. It will be done." He turned to the lady. "Are you armed ma'am?"

His gloved hands gripped his sword and he drew it. A meter-long silver saber that slightly curved. Things were carved on its surface. It's hilt was gold-leafed and ornate. He pressed the activation button just above his thumb. The sword purred softly as the disruption field surrounded it. It glowed green softly before fading away. It emitted a slight heat around it. He drew his Volter Pistol out of its leather holster. A massive pistol with a large body a separated curved clip. Its barrel was short and stout with exhaust vents cut into it. A heavy-hitting weapon. A brutal weapon made in a brutal nation. "It is very possible we will run into trouble."

Then the boy spoke up. He needed to know respect and discipline. Such disagreements were endangering the scantily of teamwork. He needed to know there was a reason why the army enforced and beat in respect for authority. They knew what they were doing. A good soldier follows orders. "His plan is sound. I support and agree with it. You should know your limits, boy. Without a united vision, we are divided and will be destroyed. The mission will fail. The mission must be completed. Do you have any better plan, boy?"

Jago Hinzerhaus

With: The rest of the team.

Carrying:
Cutter Blade and Volter Pistol. Ten Clips.

Action: Listening to orders from St. Boethius St. Boethius , asking Nastarial Nastarial , putting Ayama Ayama in his place.

[class name="emain"] box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0 auto 50px; padding: 20px; width: calc(100% - 40px); max-width: 600px; font-size: initial; background: #fdfdfd; border: 1px solid #eaeaea; [/class] [class name="ewrap"] display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; margin-left: -20px; width: calc(100% + 20px); [/class] [class name="eicon"] flex: 1 0 150px; margin-left: 20px; width: 100%; max-width: 150px; background: url('https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/6y45o6wdebuq8qe/EmmaIcon.jpg') top left/150px 225px no-repeat; [/class] [class name="edescription"] flex: 5 0 200px; margin-left: 20px; max-width: 400px; [/class] [class name="esubheader"] font-family: 'Roboto Condensed', sans-serif; font-size: 1.0em; color: #777777; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; [/class] [class name="etext"] margin-top: 10px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; font-size: 0.9em; color: #777777; line-height: 135%; text-align: justify; [/class] [class name="etags"] margin-top: 10px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; font-size: 0.8em; line-height: 125%; color: #777777; text-align: justify; [/class] [div class="root"] [div class="flexcontainer"] [div class="flexbox"] [div class="seikamainL"] [div class="seikaIMG" style="background: url('https://cdn140.picsart.com/247864493017202.jpg?r1024x1024') 50% 25%/400px 600px no-repeat;"] [/div] [/div] [/div] [div class="flexbox"] [div class="scrollbox"] [div class="JP" style="margin-top: 25px;"] rachel valac [/div] [div class="EN"] wash-out evocator [/div] [div class="indented"] [div class="accentheader"] location [/div]
midsummer night
[div class="accentheader"] tags [/div]
[/div] [div class="bodytext"] Rachel followed them, met their superiors, listened to what they had to say, just kind of going with the flow. Suddenly, the simulation started, their mission explained to them, and everyone immediately started strategy and tactics, leaving Rachel reeling. They just got there, and everyone started to analyze the situation and came up with sound plans. She was already not able to really keep up, when out of nowhere, Mel blew up and had a completely different demeanor, going off on the saint for his, albeit a bit forceful, well thought out strategy. At this point, she just had no idea what was going on, just trying to piece it together from everyone talking at the speed of light. "I, uh, need a clear path for the water to use it. If it's in a pipe, if it doesn't have an opening, I can't do anything with it. Once it gets burst, though, I can go to town." she explained, still watching Mel go through the five stages of grief. "I would be most useful as support for a combat team."

[/div] [/div] [/div] [/div] [/div]
code by @Nano

1854e8e09e1ba8cabbffa435e9b9ffb5--robot-art-robots.jpgPost-introductions, Johan had continued along with the team towards the initiation. He liked being called Dr. Petersen to stroke the fact that he was an academic Thank You for acknowledging Captain Zaphan. From that point on he kept his mouth shut as the team were being briefed about their rite of passage into the Intervention. He simply sat and observed the briefing, the layout was something Johan studied with great attention. While their holyness were busy stroking their own egos and flexing their magical abilities to each other. Johan simply sat and stood in silence. When it came to missions, Johan knew when to keep his mouth shut instead of speaking out and sounding like a smart ass. Don't know what we can do with water. Maybe the vapor...?

His train of thought kept getting interrupted as the high and mighty's kept discussing amongst themselves. Especially once St. Jacob opened his mouth. Flood the convention center? With sprinklers?Does he think I'm Poseidon or something? To Johan this was just as vague as use your water powers. Johan then spoke before the team. "I can probably cause the pipes to burst by freezing the pipes and building pressure. We can work from there."

Johan then turned to Rachel and spoke with concern. "He has no idea what he's doing. Flooding the building like this is complicated especially for you and me... at least I would assume.”

Then as Mel owned the floor he looked at him and saw his grief. He was really feeling overwhelmed and Johan would be too if he had his mindset. Will being imposed was probably something Mel experienced in his past and big metal man Hinzerhaus wasn't doing anything to defuse the situation. As Mel went to Rachel for comfort, Johan put his arm on his shoulder and rubbed his head, "Just ignore his holiness." He said condescendingly towards St. Jacob. "Was there anything you had in mind?"

Tags: St. Boethius St. Boethius GumGumChomp GumGumChomp Ayama Ayama

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back