Experiences How old were you when you first started roleplaying?

i was at least 7 when i started rping irl with friends, i didn't even know what it was at first, loll.

when i started roleplaying online, it was around the time my parents had divorced so i had to of been probably 8, almost 9?? amino was a very active app at the time, so i spent so many hours on it. kinda sad to see a good chunk of my childhood come crashing down now, but it was honestly bound to happen, amino was dying anyways.

Twelve. On aol back in the day. I started in chatrooms and never looked back

I’m pretty sure I started way too young. I’m guessing around 10 or 11, but I was around 14/15 when I started what I would consider as proper written roleplay. Even if that was on the old Yahoo! chatrooms. I created an OC in a DBZ chat group and wrote sparring matches with someone I’d ‘met’ that day. I remember writing myself out of their ‘perfect‘ power attack which was super fun and quite a bit of a mental exercise. Pretty sure that day was when I got hooked on rp and I’ve been writing ever since. I even started to write a book, but my knockoff PC decided it hated windows 97 and burnt it’s brain, erasing my novel.

I started hanging around chat rooms around 8 years old but did not start officially participating in roleplays until I was 10. I used to do chat-based roleplays on a site called XAT. It was mostly werewolf pack stuff.

I will assume you mean on a forum or forum like entity, my first forum was Sonic and friends back in highschool in like... 2009. I was like 16 at the time. I was hot doo doo at roleplaying. But it was fun all the same.

Technically in middle school but I don’t really count that so I’m gonna say when I was 16-17.

I think I was 13 at the time? Funny, I started on fanfiction.net and then moved over here at maybe 16, but forgot about it and lost my old account details. Couple years later I made a new account on here and I've been here probably since 18/19 - coming up to 25 now. Lot of fandom AU stuff, but I mostly stick to originals now :)

I was 11 when I joined a pet site that had some RP forums. I was either still 11 or had turned 12 when I tried out my first roleplay shindig there. They had a 2000 character limit so the "literate" or "advanced" RPers would have tags per post ("Post 1 of 4", etc.). Was always so intimidating to lil ole me back then, haha. Good times.

I was about eleven when I started officially Roleplaying, but I used to pretend to be a Suicune back on the playground in elementary school.

Twelve. I still remember my first characters-- Shar, Chance, Nilibar, Tarak...

Kinda miss those days, ngl. I mean, sure, I was terrible at it & got into way too much stuff I probably shouldn't have been getting into (got reprimended by a librarian once when I was fourteen for writing too spicy on their pc...) but it was also easy and fun. I wasn't overthinking everything back then, y'know?

To quote Dumont from the movie Tron, "Yes, I'm old."

I was 17 during my first foray into collaborative writing. This was in 1996 when I was in high school. I was a member of the Creative Writing Club. We had a special user name set up so we get get into the same file and write our part in the story that the club was working on.

I was 23 in 2002 during my first true online RP experience. It was okay for its time. There are times I wish I could revisit that time because I have a more robust roster of original characters. I definitely would have gone with a difference character than the one I had.

Oh man....I had to be around 13 or 14. Around 2009. Just about go enter high school, maybe more around the latter half if 8th grade. I was terrible, but they're fond memories.

If anyone remembers tinierme, you're a real one. 😔

Oh boy, I used to roleplay with my dolls and come up with the wackiest of things around age 7 ish. I would write them down in this book that had everything, from the roleplays-the ending. The characters and relationships (my mom helped me with that area). I still have that book to this day and it's fun reading through it and laughing (out of horror) at everything I wrote down.

i joined a horse forum and found a roleplay section through there. i was seven and had asked my mom for permission to join the site. i didn't ask for her permission to start roleplaying tho, lol. i remember my first character: it was a zebra. and i also had terrible spelling back then! sooo wholesome.

I was like 14. Used to run around this MMORPG called growtopia and look up RP worlds on their search bar. Then my brain had an update and started RPing on minecraft. My first true text-based experience was on discord, though. DBZ roleplay, grinding for powerlevel points so I can autohit weaker characters. Funny times.

I think I was 13 or 14 when I started on Twitter(!) back in the day when there was a decent community for it. Then I joined here when I was 16! This is my OG RP account <3

I would have been eight when I found friends to play make-believe with, which is basically in-person roleplaying. That was always called "The Game" and formed the basis of most friendships I had. I started roleplaying online when I was 13, I believe, on the skyrim wikia forums. Could have been 12.

Hmm, I was 16, remember it well, was back in 2001, back before the net was much of a thing. By most accounts I'm a person that should not have normally ended up roleplaying. I was a wild child, shooting, hunting, wrestling, loved anime, did stunts, read a lot of military stuff, vidya games on the N64, even did martial arts. Was skateboarding, or attempting, board went right out from under me, I land on my left wrist, break 5 of 7 bones.

So this ruined me taking the drives ed course till the summer around August, but I got to be a solo driver with the instructor and liked it more I think. But before that, I hated it, I couldn't do most of my hobbies or interest. For lack of anything to do, I would stay at the school while my stepdad did his work, so I'm browsing this one, now gone internet forum and was browsing the anime subforum and I see this thing called casual roleplay. Or maybe it was the roleplay bar? This was when it was in its infancy, couldn't even post images up in general, as some files and the like would take up significant space on a hard drive... Anyways enough of the prattling, but I went to it, got to reading it, seeing the pvp fights, and having a love for such things, I took two more of my favorite things and made a ham-fisted PC and made posts that were by my standards today pretty terrible. But I had fun with it, was nice telling stories with others, being able to test out ideas I couldn't for obvious reasons IRL and I did enjoy the PVP format of that time, which is sadly "ancient knowledge" for rp'ers today.

But yeah, started then and minus maybe a year or two, never stopped.

I was twelve years old on GaiaOnline doing the asterisk style roleplay in fishing chatrooms. I think actual thread roleplaying came either within the same year or close after but I remember being really obsessed with Naruto at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back