Experiences How old were you when you first started roleplaying?

12ish? Maybe 13. On neopets lol. So it's been at LEAST 15 years. Basically, longer than I've not roleplayed

Technically, I started when I was like 10 because my best friend and I would go to each others houses and RP by handing the keyboard off to the other and replying in character. We even wrote a story that way. It wasn't a good story, but it was a story nonetheless.

But when I went full force on gaia I was 12.

9, 10. Started on aim and then moved to Gaia. My earliest RPs I played Edward Elric, InuYasha, and an OC for InuYasha's love interest... I was writing one liners and having the time of my life lol

11ish, maybe 10. I started on Neopets doing character chats with absolutely embarrassing characters. It’s hard to believe that was 16-17 years ago, and that something so small spiraled into a love for writing.

13 or 14, I think. Would roleplay on Pokemon forums. Horribly embarrassing when looking back.

I think I was ten and started roleplaying on MSN messenger with my friends, before I even thought of venturing out to forums

I started in 2000 when I was 12 going on 13. All I ever did was live chat. That lasted up until about 2005 when Yahoo! chat disabled user-created rooms. We had dial-up at the time, and it wasn't really available to me during the day, so I spent a lot of long summer nights chatting it up with my role play buddies until the birds woke up. Even as a teenager when people thought I should be out partying, I preferred to keep to myself and get lost in my own imagination. I've changed a lot since then, but that part is still pretty much the same.

I was 11-12, I started out on a homestuck forum, and moved to chickensmoothie. I've met some great people over the years

12, on a website called Quotev- but that website doesn’t allow roleplay anymore so i’ve tried other websites along the way

I was 7, which was definitely way too young, but I had fun at least! It was Warrior Cats roleplay.

13 or 14, I originally roleplayed exclusively on Myspace when that was a thing before moving to forums. On Myspace I recall most of my roleplays centering around Kim Possible, DBZ, or Mortal Kombat. I am quite glad any remnants of my undoubtably cringy material have been scrubbed from the web.

I was roughly around 8-9. I started RPing on a site called Foopets which I joined 100% for the virtual 3D pets but discovered the forums and the rest is history. I was obsessed with horse and wolf rp's. I was sending out those one-sentence replies like it was nobody's business

If the standard "children's MMO roleplaying" counts, then definitely in the single digits of age, on either Club Penguin or Webkinz. lol
My first foray into forum RP happened when I was 12. (If not technically earlier... I made a side account on Neopets where I lied about my age so I could access the Neoboards before I was 13, and I remember attempting to start a 1x1 with another user, but it barely got off the ground.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back