• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Lore
Here
Id be walking around the hotel walking past glen and the group. My dark stare scared Glen. I was done with this hotel so I decided to leave so I walked towards the entrance.

Perhaps it was a mistake to not intervene earlier, or perhaps it was the best decision she ever made. Sisceal’s heavenly locks fell to the floor in near-slow motion, each second Katrinne wishing more and more that her eyes were deceiving her. Despite the millions of times she and Rachel nearly slit each others throats, the she-devil didn’t want to see her get pulverized for playing barber—especially not by Sisceal.

Just the thought of seeing the priest do what Obsidian had once done induced a deep churn in her starved stomach. To her, it simply wasn’t right. She refused to see this nightmare be consummated by his first kill. But what she could do was far from her empty brain’s grasp. She looked at Glen and then again at the white-haired volcano on the verge of eruption. Finally, she thought of something. “Hey, Sisceal!” She called, voice stalling but forcibly raised in volume, “Nice haircut!” Well, she tried.

Everything went still. You could hear the hair hitting the floor as the Host stared at it wide eyed. In shock from such a bold move. "Why you." Face beat red he loomed over Rae. Sharp teeth bared angrily. "Nobody....and I mean. NOBODY. Touches. My. HAIR!!." He snapped. Grabbing the top of her hair aggressively. "How would you like it? Want me to take some off the top? How about all of it? This shit doesn't exactly grow back quickly you know it's the worst curse here." He spat. He was so red faced he could have probably spat fire if he really wanted to. His temper flaring to dangerous levels yet again to the Hotel's dismay. Though not much it wanted to do at the moment aside from let him burn himself out on it. It was only a trivial thing after all.

His head quickly snapping around to the one walking away. "AND YOU! YOU JUST THINK YOU CAN WALTZ OUT OF HERE WITHOUT A SINGLE ISSUE. I DON'T THINK SO." He raged on and on. "Nobody leaves here unless it's by death, the key or tricking some sorry bastard into taking your fucking place for all eternity! And let me tell you, I haven't seen any other option than death happen here!!! Do you have a wish for that? hm????"

buzz buzz egghead egghead KingPoisonYugiohMha KingPoisonYugiohMha

She shut her mouth and aligned her back with Vincent’s door. With a soft drumming, she tried to morse code her way out of the room with a ticking time bomb. She could hear Vincent get up and walk towards the door. The serotonin rushed through her brain when she realized she was going to be saved, it was truly the most joyous moment, the thought of kissing Vincent out of gratitude clouding her mind. His footsteps got closer, and closer, and stopped. She heard a click, and then, footsteps fading into the distance. He locked the door.

“Hey, Glen, listen to me,” she talked with a rasp, an attempted whisper but far too loud, “I got a great plan that’ll save her. Just, uh, run into them. Like a bowling ball. He’ll let go of her, trust me, and she’ll get away. I...” She looked at the Host, fearing for her life. “I got your back if anything goes wrong.”

Last edited:
“Ow, shit!” Rachel’s limbs frantically flailed as she tried fending off her attacker. “Let go, you bastard! This isn’t how you treat a lady!”

There was so much happening that Glen could barely keep track of any of it. With all the screaming going on in the background, he struggled to register Katrinne’s master plan. And even if he was able to hear the instructions clearly, he’d still be confused. “Like a bowling ball,” he repeated, not sounding very enthusiastic. “Alright...If you say so.”

Sealing his eyes shut, Glen sucked in what might as well be his final breath before catapulting straight onto the battlefield, arms out and everything. Unleashing the world’s most pathetic war cry, he slammed right into his targets. STRIKE!

"Think I care? I'm gonna shave every damn hair off a ye and see how you like it!" Sisceal gnashed. A bladed claw poking through his wardrobe briefly. Before that is, the ex priest went careening to the floor. His body jerking unnaturally as the entire weight of a sad wet blanket slammed into him. All of the wind was knocked out of him instantly as he hit the harsh wooden floorboards with a hefty slam.
"Sonofabitch" He wheezed heavily. "That feckin HURT." He crawled his way towards Glen. Clutching his side where his own weapon had dug painfully into. The gorgeous white of his suit stained slightly red.
buzz buzz egghead egghead

After a sky full of stars, Glen saw a very angry man coming straight for him. The scrape of fingernails dragging against the floor grated on his ears, but nothing was louder than the look on Sisceal’s face. A snarl had twisted the hotelier’s normally angelic features into something that didn’t even resemble a human face anymore.

Regretting everything, Glen clambered onto unsteady feet. There was nowhere to run, so he retreated behind the only person who wasn’t sprawled on the ground. “I don’t think that worked,” he blubbered, as if Katrinne was incapable of figuring that out on her own.

Before anyone had a chance to consider that it couldn’t get any worse, Rachel once again proved it could. After lifting gracefully into the air, her leg propelled back down. In one sharp move, she punted Sisceal in the gut, right over his brand new boo-boo.

“Whoopsie,” was all that was said as she ground her heel, screwing the blade even deeper into the wound.

Last edited:
“I think it did.”

Making perhaps the swiftest decision in her life, the she-devil latched onto the cowering glob behind her, summoning a bout of superhuman strength to lift the adult man into the air before landing him onto the squirming red stain on Sisceal’s otherwise pristine suit. A loud thud denoted the meeting of the two bodies. “Sorry,” was all she could muster in response, “the ends justify the means, I guess.” Instinctively, her body retreated backward with quick successive steps. Back hitting the wall, she met the gaze of the only other person left standing, who was responsible for the literal kickoff of the sudden fusillade. “Is he dead yet?” While she stared straight ahead, her knuckles drummed on Vincent's door. Just in case they needed another distraction.

Terry awoke in an unfamiliar place, he adjusted his eyes to the surroundings, squinting. He was stiff from sitting in a slumped position, his spine making a slight crack noise.
“Shit...” He slowly stood up and examined everything around him. “I didn’t think I blacked out that hard at the party?” Terry chuckled lightly and began to walk, his blonde hair messily framing his face.

Sisceal groaned. A sickly white hand stained in blood clambering it's way out from underneath the greasy pile of man on top of him. Then with much effort he stuck another arm outward and free. Grabbing for any bit of floorboard he could find to pull himself outward. Face contorted of a snarl of pain and anger. His white suit was stained a hideous red and his side hurt like hell. He pulled his gauntlet out from the wound and hucked it aside in frustration.

"Beeeellbooooy." He hissed in Glen's direction. Pointing a wicked finger outwards towards him. "Wonderful timing you all have.....new guest. Shit." He took in a deep breath. Combing a hand sadly through his uneven hairdo....he needed a moment to fix that. The torment of shorter hair plaguing his heart already. "You. You're going to help me welcome the newcomer. No ifs, ands or butts. You can change later." With a motion of his hand he whipped Glen into a Concierge uniform. It was....Something. That's for certain. Sisceal made quite a face seeing this sausage of a man squeezed into something so much more form fitting and sleek looking.
The host himself looked sadly into a mirror before taking his own sharp white tendrils to his hair. Cutting it nice and short, more cloesly shaven on the sides and a longer bit up top that reached ever so slightly to the middle of his forehead in the front. "Let's go. Now. Chop chop bellboy." Sisceal snapped and pointed to the floor beside him. "I've never been late before I'm not going to start now. We're going to find this new guest and you're going to help me greet them."
buzz buzz egghead egghead Westway Westway

Even though the gold buttons and stupidly tiny hat were as real as it gets, Glen couldn't wrap his head around the change. As if getting thrown to the wolves wasn’t bad enough, said wolf had become the insufferable boss he was all too familiar with. The worst part? His pants were too tight.

There was no wiggling out of this one. With a sigh, the hotel’s very first bellboy accepted his fate. Like a trained dog, he shuffled over to Sisceal’s side.

“About time,” Rachel huffed, crossing her arms. “Thought that stuck up prick would never leave.”

Leaving it at that, she glanced to the woman shrivelling beside her and smirked. “Good show, Katty. Didn’t think you had it in you.”

Last edited:
The sight of a groveling bug worming into whatever was forced onto him was magical, an amusement on its own, and brought a small smile to the devil’s face. It was a good plan. Too bad Vincent wasn’t there to admire it.

Just as she was lamenting, she was reminded that she did, actually, have an audience. “Thank you,” whether it was a bashful flush or blood clotting underneath her cheek from their recent firefight, she felt her body jitter with euphoria. After a pause, in which she contemplated how long it had been since she had heard a compliment, Katrinne raised her head with a grin far wider than the last. “I thought you looked, uh, quite stunning. Not stunning in that way, but it was admirable seeing you do that to Sisceal, after all that’s happened! It was great, I mean, you know—“

She collapsed in on herself at the thunderous clap of Vincent swinging his door beyond open. “Sorry to intrude, are you arguing again?” He wheezed out an exaggerated sigh. A velvet gown was all that covered him, clearly plucked from the Hotel room closet. Its original owner must be long gone, cursing her fate upon seeing who had usurped her fine dress. “Well, it doesn’t matter, I just wanted to ask about how good I look. How good do I look?” He raised a nose to the air, barely keeping an eye on the pair.

“You look great, really suits you!” Katrinne adorned her otherwise frail voice with utmost excitement, however fabricated it may honestly be. The embellishments served a purpose, of course. “Actually, Vincent, I was thinking I could rest in your room, did you hear what happened out here?”

Just as the door had opened, it closed. The sad show diminished any iota of pride that swelled in the devil’s chest. She turned to the redhead, not able to look her in the eyes from either embarrassment or shyness, or maybe both. “There’s only one room left.”

The Host let loose a soft groan and held his abdomen tightly with one arm, while steadying himself against the nearest wall with the other. His white suit slowly turning more and more crimson. He was beginning to look far more pale than usual.
"What....is happening." He wheezed. Adjusting to rest against his shoulder so he could massage the bridge of his nose. "Give me a moment bellboy. I can't. Seem...to find them." No matter how hard he focused he couldn't pick up on the new guest. Not even the slightest trace of them. He knew someone had arrived he felt it! Had they really gone so quickly.
The more he strained and struggled to search the worse he felt. Sliding down the wall slowly until on his knees. Pain wracking itself through his side. It was healing but the extra kick that bitch had given it made it a deep reaching wound. Cleaving right into his liver and stomach. He was stronger than this! Why did it still take so damn long for his insides to heal than anything else? Wasn't he supposed to have the powers near a God?! That's what he was constantly told that he was. Why would it lie to him.
egghead egghead buzz buzz

Everything was slowly coming together. Rachel’s lips peeled back, unsheathing all of her teeth; a grin only a shark could achieve. She had their diva of a host to thank for this opportunity. If it weren’t for his hysterics, the chance of a lifetime wouldn’t have fallen right onto her lap.

“Oh, is there?” She leaned a fraction of an inch closer to the other woman. “Was that your way of saying you wanna spend the night?”

Snorting, she hooked an arm around Katrinne’s before dragging the poor waif into the room. Every single mirror reflected a vicious beast with too many limbs, at least until the lights flickered on. After that, they showed a vicious beast as well as its prey.

Rachel retracted manicured claws as soon as the door was sealed shut. “Well, go on,” she gestured towards everything as if she owned it. “Make yourself at home. What’s mine is yours, hein?”

Making a production out of rummaging through the closet, a 300 IQ genius moved on to phase one of her plan. As casually as possible, she asked a simple question. “So, what’s the deal with you and that pretty boy next door? You two seem close.”

As quickly as it had reached out, Glen’s hand fell back to his side. What he saw was a friend in need, but memory showed him reality. The whimpering mongrel in front of him was the same man who had no problem with cold-blooded murder.

He shuddered thinking about how Rachel’s eye rolled back into her skull. That sight alone would haunt him for the rest of his life. However long this one lasts, anyhow. “Sis—I mean, sir,” he interjected, cautious. “Are you...okay? Do you need any help?”

Last edited:
Pushing against the large entrance doors, Saoirse stumbled into the foyer of the hotel shaking and soaked to the bone. Wherever she was before the stars brought her here had been raining harder than she'd ever thought possible, so she took it as a blessing that not only did the stars bring her to a chance of safety, but that she also packed her things in a waterproof bag. Carefully she looked around, quietly walking towards what she assumed must be the front desk.

She sets her bag on the counter, a tremble in her voice as she calls out "Hello? Is dere someone that could help me? I'm a little lost and could use a bed or at least a hot shower. I have money, I promise!"

Saoirse slumps against the counter, hoping for any response, quietly praying that this place isn't abandoned. Not that she couldn't work with an empty lodging, but if there was a chance she could eat some food any time soon she'd probably break down and cry in relief.

Humming a quiet tune, she waits for another few minutes, tapping her fingers to give the song a beat. By the time she's starting to lose hope, she notices a very tall man walking towards her way with blades she'd only seen in stories strapped against him. She panics, grabbing her bag as she dives over to the other side of the counter and hides, hoping the other takes no notice of her.

She huddles close, body wrapped tightly around her bag, whispering to herself "What kind of place lets a lad just walk freely with a blade?"

Eyelids near close he perked his head up again. "My wounds...help me bandage them. ...We've another guest." He made a motion with his hand. Waving at the hall in front of them. Trying to beckon the front desk towards them to make the trip shorter, possibly non existence if he could pull the current front desk all the way to himself. He didn't have the energy at the moment to snap himself there. "You...you. Bellboy. You're going to bandage my wounds as I talk to them. Do not make a peep, do not make anything seem out of place. This is entirely normal, nothing but an accident from some slippery stairs. Do you understand?" He snapped his fingers for a bundle of bandages and shoved them in the direction of the greasy man.
"And for God's sake don't get any of...that in the wound." He pointed with a disgusted expression at the entirety of Glen. "I can heal fast but would rather not catch something....the rickets or mange or whatever it is you may have..."

He couldn't get them fully up the the counter, but close enough to. Holding his hand up in a gesture asking Glen of all people for help to stand. Clearing his throat he mustered up the strongest voice he possibly could. "Be there in a moment!!"

egghead egghead Taelonthesands Taelonthesands

His mouth bobbed open and closed, unable to form a single syllable. Words died in Glen’s throat, so all he could do was nod to demonstrate that he wasn’t entirely brain-dead.

Every ounce of willpower in him was needed to take Sisceal’s hand. Hoisting the hotelier back onto his feet was the easy part. The real struggle came from having to cuddle an unstable lunatic, and remain calm while doing it.

In the air hung the stink of blood, so heavy that it was almost tangible. Glen swallowed the lump in his throat. The smell didn’t get to him nearly as bad as the sight did. So red, and so much, everywhere. “Ugh,” he gagged, unable to hide his discomfort. “Do I really have to...?”

His neck creaked and cracked as he slowly twisted it around like an owl. His expression wide eyed with a forced hostly smile on the edge of breaking "If you value your sad little life in even the slightest amount. Then yes. I won't be made fun of again in front of another guest in This hotel by one of you ungrateful clods. I'm going to do my job as I'm supposed to." His wrist made a painful snap as he cranked the door handle to the front desk open.

Every ounce of strength he had currently was channeled in to keeping a nonchalant and happy appearance as he stepped up to greet the newcomer. Hoping that what he said would taken to heart and he'd be followed in. Though he wouldn't be disappointed if not. It wasn't like he had chosen the most reliable of the lot to be his assistant. He should have gone with the whiner. Could have easily kept him in line with purely the threat of permanent bad style.
"Welcome! Welcome. I am sorry if you had to wait for terribly long. It's been an eventful day. Many checking in all at once without warning. Muddies the whole system."

Taelonthesands Taelonthesands egghead egghead buzz buzz

Peering her head over the counter side at the first call of what she assumed must be a worker here. She lets out a breath she didn't know she had held in, slowly moving back around to the front of the counter to prevent them from thinking that she was messing with anything. She straps her bag back over her shoulders in a quick motion. Saoirse's eyes widen at the site of the clearly injured man, something oddly familiar about the figure but she couldn't quite pinpoint why other than thoughts about the church. Shaking her head, she crosses her arms over her chest protectively as the next figure makes their way in. Whatever was off about him started to frighten Saoirse. Either this was another tale from her books that came to life by the stars or there was some sort of party or celebration that had people dressing in strange ways.

Thoughts began to drift around her mind by the second until the white-haired male spoke again, snapping her back into focus and pulling herself closer inward. "Oh! Um, n-no, haven't waited long at all I promise."

She lets out a forced laugh at his words to try and calm herself down. "I completely understand your situation, my father used to get stuck under a pile of things at work too. I must ask though, are you alright? That looks like it hurts."

Axeykins Axeykins egghead egghead

Her teeth looked sharper every time she was forced to look at them. Hot air seethed through the crevices between each fang, finally materializing as droplets of sweat on the she-devil’s face. A flushed face reddened further. An unwavering downcast gaze persisted as she let herself be guided by the vixen.

The sound of the door closing was far more disconcerting than she had expected initially, and Katrinne began regretting whatever previous enthusiasm she had for her new roommate. She sat herself onto the edge of the bed impulsively but rose upon hearing the clattering sound of hangers in the large wardrobe. The devil leaned to peer into the closet, which seemed never-ending, but kept a sizable distance from the redhead’s busy limbs. Hearing her questions, she coughed out a laugh. “Close doesn’t sound too right,” her tone was instinctively mellow, “but I’d say Vincent and I have, indeed, grown to be partners in this madhouse over the… Many, many years that we’ve been stuck here.” The array of garments being pushed past flew like a dusty rainbow and Katrinne couldn’t resist grabbing for one loose, mustard frock. She unraveled it from the bunch that it was forced into by a certain reckless rummager, scanning it from hem to neckline with a motherly smile. It reminded her of memories long buried, that’ve become far more dusty than any dress in the Hotel’s various cabinets. “You’d look great in this!”

egghead egghead

Rachel’s face could have easily passed for a used napkin. Her expression transmitted nothing but pure, unfiltered horror. The yellow monstrosity staring back at her dredged up a pang of dread she had never felt in her entire life. Out of all the terrible things she’d seen in this place, that dirty rag took the top spot.

“You think so?” She laughed dryly. In the same way a surgeon would carefully remove a tumour, she plucked the gown from Katrinne’s hand. Stuffing it back into the closet, as deeply as her arm could reach, she continued. “Maybe later. First things first, we need to get you out of those clothes.”

Turning to face her newest minion, Rachel presented a silk gown. It glistened in the light, the sleek fabric seemingly cut from the night sky. “Put this on,” she urged, grinning. “Can’t go wrong with a little black dress.”

-

Eons passed by before Glen was able to breathe again. Heart hammering in his chest, he grappled with the urge to run as far as scrawny stick legs could carry him. But soon enough the feeling dissolved. There was no escaping this place, no matter what.

Sighing, he followed Sisceal into the next room. When he saw that there was a girl waiting at the front desk, he automatically stood up straight, and even adjusted his stupid hat.

Taking his place at the host’s side, arms behind his back, Glen tried very hard not to stare. He couldn’t help but feel sorry for the poor thing. So young, and already doomed. She just didn’t know it yet.

"Good good! That is excellent to hear. And thank you kindly for understanding my situation. You would not belieeeve how many guests don't." Sisceal clapped his hands together. Shifting to a strange position to allow Glen easier access to his wounds. Wincing at the slightest breeze hitting them. But in all he kept his composure...somehow. He could feel a strange expression on his face but played it off by exaggerating every word he spoke. Drenching it in that disgustingly sweet customer service tone of false happiness.

"I'll be fine, accident on the stairs is all. Bit too much wax put on em by an employee and not a single sign or word of warning about it otherwise. Right, Glen?" He looked to his greasy forced Bellboy with a wide toothy grin. Expecting him to follow suit and give some semblance of a friendly smile back. He wasn't going to be the one to force it this time though. Not with the man practically putting his innards back for him. "Soooo who are you and what brings you here to this fine establishment? Hm?"
Taelonthesands Taelonthesands egghead egghead

"Ah I understand, accidents happen all the time I suppose. Though I hope no one else falls, staircases only lead to purple or cloud-shifting grey you know," she snorts at her own joke, half hoping maybe the men would get it if they were also potentially gifted by the stars.

"Sorry, that was unnecessary." She looks down at the tips of her boots, "I apologize for taking up so much of your time especially when you should be resting. Please forgive me for being so rude. My name is Saoirse and I guess I'm just looking for a place to stay for a little while. Again, I don't know if you heard me but I have some money, enough to cover a night or two but please let me stay!" She looks quickly back up, meeting the eyes of the current host. "I just, I mean I'm just needing a place to stay right now, I don't have anywhere else to go."

Saoirse wanted to hit herself on the head right now for letting herself overreact in front of someone who's seemed so kind so far. Not that the obvious look the other was giving her was much help either. He must think she's pretty pathetic in her soaked clothing looking like a lost child despite her age. Still, she couldn't help her next words from flowing as she held out one of the stacks of cash she took from her parent's safe. "For now, here's this, whatever this gives me I'll take without question, Sir. Oh and sorry, but if it's not too much to ask, do you happen to have food at this hour? It's been about a day since I've eaten anything."

Axeykins Axeykins egghead egghead

Last edited:
Seeing her chosen treasure disappear into the black hole of the closet nearly brought a tear to her eyes, if only she was given the time to mourn it. “Oh!” Cartoonish reaction aside, Katrinne wasn’t averse to the piece of shimmering cloth being prodded into her arms. Her opinion wasn’t warranted, but she offered it anyway, “I like it!”

She slipped an arm around her new, prescribed outfit and tucked it under her arm. It was an abrupt order that anyone else would have found odd, but even odder is how much it excited the lonely succubus. She had always loved to play dress-up. Taking it into the bathroom, she had barely shut the door when she began undressing and forcing the petite gown down her body. It wasn’t the smoothest ride down, with plenty bumps and crashes, but the silk finally wrapped itself around her hips. “I wonder what was wrong with what I was wearing...” The gloom twisted her face in an obvious session of introspection, this time the victim being a dated corset on the floor. She eyed her reflection for not too long, in case it’d discourage her, before stepping into the limelight. With each sway, the fabric seemed to rise, which made a fidgety Katrinne fuss further. She stopped and posed for her audience. “It’s not the greatest fit, but it’s not too obvious, right?”

egghead egghead

Tilting his head ever so slightly to the side he stared at her with a curious confusion. Whatever was that supposed to mean? Some form of joke? New guests always had such a strange sense of humor and curious mannerisms. Or if anything like the recent crowd behavior he had never seen before in his entire existence there. Acting like he was an old friend, what insanity.

"My name is Sisceal, it's a pleasure to meet you. And there's no need to apologize I am the Host of this place after all. I'm always busy in some sort of way. Aren't I?" He shot another toothy smile at Glen. Greatly playing up his friendly act towards him to distract from the ever spreading crimson on his pure white suit. Clearing his throat and habitually going to slick his hair back even when far too short to truly matter anymore he continued on with his fancy spiel.

"There's no need for any a that now. You're free to stay for as long as you like here no questions asked. Not one bit of charge either. There is never any charge for this place. Not for the food or drink or anything at all." Sisceal finally focused his gaze on her face for the first time in their conversation. Staring her down and studying every bit of his new guest with very sudden eerily calm and collected smile upon his face. "Our arms are always wide open."

Taelonthesands Taelonthesands egghead egghead

Users who are viewing this thread

Back