• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Lore
Here
His eyes flickered from the lifeless body to the fist that had knocked the poor guy into a coma. Blood streaked Glen’s knuckles, as vivid as the red pooling at his feet.

“Christ,” he wheezed, dismayed by what he had just done. His breath shook almost as much as his hand, still stinging from its little rendezvous with Vincent’s face.

When his gaze finally tore away, Glen found himself standing in the middle of a church. He spun around towards the bed, now a pulpit in this twisted version of reality. Light pouring in from stained glass windows painted the host’s pale face a lurid rainbow. Only his glare burned brighter.

“Sisceal,” he choked on the name. “What...What is all of this?”

Last edited:
"If you think that I know you're soft in the head!....I don't know what any of this is even though it spawned from my rage towards all of you." He hissed. Laying helplessly on the bed drenched in a cold sweat. He felt sick to his stomach and weak. Weaker than even before. The hell was happening...what were these cretins doing to him? No other guests before had quite this effect on him at all.

egghead egghead buzz buzz

A deathly rasping gasp cut through the air. Hand reaching quick to grasp his chest as his heart painfully started itself up again, Marius writhed and struggled. He could tell nothing more other than that he was in the dark in a small, confined space. A coffin perhaps? Least that's what it felt like. He heard muffled voices somewhere nearby but couldn't pinpoint exactly where. His breathing was hard and fast. He was alive?! or...back? What was going on?!

Though they were only half a room apart, a bottomless chasm separated them. Swallowing the lump in his throat, he inched closer, every step as heavy as the dread weighing down his heart.

“You have to stop this.” He glanced down at his hand to see not only blood, but that it was shaking more than it ever had in his life. “You have to put an end to this. All of it.”

From there, Glen’s mouth became a broken faucet, and out poured a flood. “Can’t you see that we’re at the end of our rope? Is this really what you want? For all of us to keep living in this... this hell?”

Ignoring the alarms blaring in his head, he pressed on. “Please. It doesn’t have to be like this. It’s not too late to change things, Sisceal.”

-

Rachel’s head spun around so fast that it nearly flung off her neck. “Huh? What was that?”

The source of the sound didn’t stay a mystery for long. Nearby sat an instrument case, large enough to cram several people into. Or just one of the host’s nasty tricks.

She wasn’t going to fall for it. Snatching a candelabra from a table, she brandished it like a baseball bat, ready to swing at whatever horror lurked inside. Unzipping the case, she sucked in a quick breath before ripping it open.

It was...a guy. Rachel stared, stuck in the middle between relieved and disappointed. “What the...? Who the hell are you?”

Last edited:
The expanse of the room left her gaping. Thankfully, before enough dust accumulated in her throat to choke her, she returned to the apathetic frown befitting a lady in elegant red. She wasn’t admiring the suggestive Gothic art. Rather, tired eyes searched for any hidden switch or concealed lever. Whether anyone believed her or not, there was a way to exorcise the fiend out of her old friend.

Her efforts were quickly postponed, instead forced to follow the groggy acoustics of her companion’s murmuring. Her faint reluctance quickly deformed into regret.

“What are you talking to?” Shrill demands and the clicking of heeled soles combining, an auditory stampede was barreling towards the scene. Nearly taking the form of a disciplining mother, her calls grew increasingly intolerable to anyone above the age of twelve. “Rachel!”

A screech immediately echoed throughout the woodwork when the devil made eye contact with what looked like a reanimated corpse. The pangs of heartstrings told her it was a familiar face, but Katrinne was perfectly happy to let that remain a mystery. She swiftly unsheathed a hairpin out of her hair. Straddling it between index and middle, the hot pink micro-dagger was all that attempted to keep the man at bay.

I teleport somewhere and was unable to move and couldn't remember anything except my name, my species, and some of my abilities, and my swordsmanship.

"End of your ropes?! I don't want to hear you say that ever again!" He snarled. A very brief snarl as pain shot through his stomach. "You're more deaf, dumb and blind that I could have ever imagined. You're the ones driving me insane. I've never had to deal with any guests like you before and never suffered such a reaction to any either. It wasn't hell until you all got here!" He snapped. His face contorting into an ugly grimmace as he felt the familiar twinge of another guest appearing. Not of his choosing again. The hotel was doing this, trying to redirect his focus and punish him further. "I don't know what game you're playing old man but I don't have the energy for it. Stop trying to play mind games with me and behave like you're suppose to!!"

"Whoa whoa what the hell is going on?!" Marius gasped with the sudden flow of cool, fresh air in his face. More fresh than the inside of the stuffy case he'd woken up in. He couldn't make hide nor hair of who was attacking. He barely knew aside from intuition that a weapon was directly in his face. "Let's not make any hasty decisions okay? Why don't we start with introductions." He cleared his dusty throat. "HI. Name's Marius. And you.....two? one? however many are?"

Glen’s jaw bobbed up and down, but all that came out was nonsensical blubbering. All of the courage he had gathered up crumbled to dust. He should know better by now. Nothing he said was going to change anything; Sisceal was too far gone.

The bellhop hung his head, surrendering. “Right,” he mumbled. “I understand.”

As if to try distract from his insubordination, he added. “Is...Is there anything you need?”

It didn’t take long for Rachel to figure out that the man was blind. That alone was enough to convince her to drop her weapon. At least, for now.

“Marius, huh?” She scoffed. What kind of dumb alias was that? “Alright then, Marius. Wanna explain what you’re doing here? Are you one of those rat bastard’s spies?”

She leaned in, giving his chest a hard prod with her candlestick. “Come on, spit it out!”

The return trip from dreamland was marred by pools of drool and a mouthful of dustballs, a two-course meal made worse by the creaking of a dislocated jaw. “Where’d my silk sheets go? That cost my month’s rent...” His mix of garble and groan subsided with a loud show of spitting the contents of his mouth onto the floor—blood, spit, and whatever else that generally resembled dysentery. It took a moment for Vincent to prop himself onto his twiggy legs, but he wasted no time in jeering at the scene before him, “He’s still alive?! Oh, god!” His snickers bounded off the walls, nearly tearing at his own eardrums. “You two fit nicely, one psycho, one douchebag who dared to touch my face!” With that, the cloudy stupor of a recovering concussion sent him barreling into the bellboy, fists flurrying about in frail succession.

-

Her hairpin returned to its place in midnight tresses, their owner being far less intimidated by someone who cannot count the number of guests in the room. Her partner in interrogation voiced her concerns well, but the increasingly maternal demon still reached an arm across to discourage her from stabbing their acquaintance with a candlestick. “I’m Katrinne,” she interjected rather calmly, “and this is Rachel. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but welcome to Hotel California.”

"No. I need nothing from you right now and I don't want a single damn thing from you." He watched as Vincent charged at the saggy old man again. "Enough!" With what strength he knew he had he wrapped them both up in the strange tendrils of white and black he'd used upon their first encounters. Gripping his side tightly as he sat up. "I could sap all this apparent limitless health from you right now and let you bleed out on the ground if I so pleased....how does that sound? Want a hole in your sides to match? Twinsies?" He threatened. Inching himself off of the edge of the bed stiff and sore. His outer wounds were sealed fairly well but the ugly bruising around the area suggested he wasn't well all the way through quite yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"ffffffffffuck back here again?" Marius groaned. Tossing his head back against the rear of the case distraught. "I ain't workin for that creep Obsidian if that's what you're asking. I've been deadass out cold for Gods know how long... I can't remember what happened or how I got here so mind backin off a bit ladies?" He added a snarky inflection to his demeanor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A miriad of shadowy figures stopped dead in their tracks to stare at this strange new being asking questions out loud. Black pits where their eyes should have been all aimed in his direction. There was no rhym or reason to how they looked, some old, some young. Short, tall A few monstrous while others looked purely human. Dressed in their best Sunday attire. Strange chattering and murmurs echoed through every corner of the room. Seemingly coming out of even the walls themselves. Not a single one took a step towards or near this stranger yet...some semblance of a path appeared. They had created an ever wavering warping twisted corridor of pitch black bodies and even darker looks of...curiosity? Seeing what this creature was going to do in the puppet master of the manor's abode.

Rachel grinned and tossed aside the candelabra as if it were a used tissue. “Well, why didn’t you say so?”

Reaching down, she grabbed the stranger by the arms and hoisted him out of the case. Once he was back on his feet, she let him loose. “Let’s start over. I’m Rachel, but you can call me Rae.” She gave his hand a quick shake. “You picked the worst time to wake up. This place is under new management, if you know what I mean, and he’s a bigger pain in the ass than Obsidian ever was.”

A familiar fear gripped him, a feeling he hadn’t experienced in a long while. Glen gulped the air being squeezed out of him, trying to force it back down. “No!” He shook his head frantically. “Please, god, no!”

Last edited:
i realize nothing is working so i grab my sword "Imprison... Murcielago!" then green rain falls from the sky and I look like this

images (6).jpeg
and formed a green spear in my hand

The shadows murmured more. Pointing and some small rings of laughter echoing out.They were acting as if they were amused by all of this. Any action this figure did sent them away in a poof of some smoke like substance for a moment, but they reformed once again. Always reformed and stared. None of them budged an inch from their spots, not even as the black around them warped and distorted.

Sisceal could sense it somewhere in his halls. "Stop your bitchin for a moment. I've got something to attend to." He held them aloft over his bedside as he focused on the disturbance in his halls. A deathly rattle coming from his chest as his sockets emptied to a pitch black void. Black seeping down his cheeks from the pits and the slightest dribble coming from his mouth. While the rest of his body sit in the bed with the other two held around him his red and blue eyes pierced the darkness near this new guest. Taking hold of one of the shadows and staring down the figure making a mess of his hotel.
"What is with all of the nonsense here? Why must you make a mess of my wonderful place?" He stepped forward with one of the shadowy bodies. The light hitting it making an effect like television static as he controlled it.

i stare at him blankly and deactivate my sword and walk towards him "I'm sorry about breaking your place but I need a place to stay until I get my memories back and I promise to fix your place"

A crooked sharp smile of static broke the shadow's face. "No worries of the hotel. It will fix itself. It always does. It's merely a pain to see the decor shredded for even a moment. It's an eyesore" He stared him up and down. His dual colored eyes the only bit of color piercing the black. "Well luckily for you, you'll have a long, long time to do that. Nobody ever leaves this place, ever." He slunk around the man. Eying him carefully up and down. "Quite the interesting fellow hmm? From what the shadows have told me of your behavior...It's best I tell yo right now you can thrash about all you like but it won't get you far. It's useless. You have no real power here. No guest of mine does."

Sisceal's laughter rang through all the halls. Every last shadow in every nook and every cranny echoing out his laughter to an almost deafening degree through the room. Sending everything cockeyed and sideways. "How cute~ Maybe where you came from that works. But here sweetheart. Here I am the exact definition of fear. I am every single worst nightmare you wish you hadn't met. I strike fear in everyone and everything, Who cares if they oppose me or not?! I don't give one damn about that. It feeds off of misery and suffering that I create and in return. I get it's strength." He got in close to his face. A wide sharp toothed grin breaking the head of the shadow damn near in half. "You. are powerless here."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back