• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Hogwarts 2020: The First Years OOC

Which Hogwarts House is the best?

• Gryffindor

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Ravenclaw

• Hufflepuff

• Slytherin

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
What's not to like? It's a beautifully written post. Portrays Lenore's personality very well^^
I feel like I could have put more into it, but by the time I reached that realization I was already at a point where all Lenore can do is wait, and this doesn't seem like the right moment for Smith to do anything, either, so it just feels too short to me, for some reason

In case anyone was wondering or for confirmation if you thought so, Lenore's name comes from The Raven. The raven keeps saying "Lenore" in the poem, which gets the POV character irritated, and Cova is just the Latin word for Raven with the 'r' removed.

I feel like I could have put more into it, but by the time I reached that realization I was already at a point where all Lenore can do is wait, and this doesn't seem like the right moment for Smith to do anything, either, so it just feels too short to me, for some reason

Short and sweet is sometimes better in rps. Just let the words flow as they would. Forcing things can make the post feel awkward if you're not careful lol. But it does seem like you have a lot of ideas. I'd save em up and find a place to squeeze em in later. Seems like less of a hassle.

That said, I won't stop you from making changes if you are unhappy with your work. It's your writing after all. My opinion pales in comparison to how you feel about it.

In case anyone was wondering or for confirmation if you thought so, Lenore's name comes from The Raven. The raven keeps saying "Lenore" in the poem, which gets the POV character irritated, and Cova is just the Latin word for Raven with the 'r' removed.

O.O I had no idea. Been a while since I read the Raven. Is there a reason you chose her name from that particular poem? Is it supposed to mean something?

O.O I had no idea lol. Been a while since I read the Raven. Is there a reason you chose her name from that particular poem? Is it supposed to mean something?
Well, she's a re-rendition of a mage character concept I had for a Devil May Cry game. Since half demons in that universe seemed to consistently be named after poets/historical figures, I went hunting for female poets and historical figures that suited my concept. I didn't find one, but I did find a poem about a bird known for being intelligent, and a name came out of it. And Cova is a change from the hybrids former last name, which was Corva.
The basic idea was that Sparda was a swordsman, and in the Japanese version his name was Spada, which is an Italian for sword. Similarly, I wanted the demon I was working with to be a magician based on birds, so I put Raven into Google Translate. Came out as Corva.

I never ended up doing much with that version, though, she wasn't suited to a game with more than two players. So hybrid Lenore got scrapped but the basic framework was recycled into this Lenore

Walking up to the hat, reacting to hogwarts and the boat trip, what we'd say to the hat and what we'd think like "not slytherin, not slytherin".

So the sorting orders not alphabetical by surname? I thought that was how it usually went.

First name =p Haha, no idea how it usually goes, but too late to change now.

I don't see where it said what house everyone was sorted into.
QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

You'll all be sorted before the welcoming feast. I just wanted to give some peeps a chance to talk to the hat before doing so, write their character putting on the hat, etc for a more IC sorting (since I rp the hat). If you're certain you don't want to/don't have the time to do so feel free to let me know. I can sort you now if you want. I've already done so for 2 of the characters I know won't be doing so.

So what exactly are we supposed to post regarding the sorting hat?
Walking up to the hat, reacting to hogwarts and the boat trip, what we'd say to the hat and what we'd think like "not slytherin, not slytherin".

What Hercule said is correct. You can have your character just sitting and saying things (in their head) to the hat as well while you wait. Have your character stew in their thoughts (about the castle, boat ride teachers, life, etc). Alternatively, I wouldn't care if you decide to have your character be a rulebreaker and ditch the ceremony lmao. Whatever you want.

Well its done by surname in the books, Ron was one of the last. I'm gonna have nod comment on the fact he's not at the start :p

Pfft, haha, well the year is 2020. New teachers, new methods :closedeyessmile: All else failed just blame Grimald for not being structual. Ravenclaws are all about originality after all.

Chaotic day. Apparently I'm not allowed to be angry that my little brother, who knows better, almost shot out my right eye. And apparently refusing to take part in an event that I've been making clear for more than a year that I will not be a part of is just being a pouty ingrate over the eye thing

Shot out? o.O Wow. That does sound like a sh*tty day. Hope you're doing ok. Family can be difficult, but I wouldn't take it to heart. Probably. I don't know your family after all.

This stuff always happens when I try to talk to people in person.

Almost got into a fistfight with my stepfather because he wouldn't accept that 10x is not the default boost power on Rocket League. They really don't like it when I can prove that I'm right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back