• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
H
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

Welcome to Hogwarts! The year is 2020 and a new batch of first years have been enrolled in Britain's finest institution for witchcraft and wizardry where magic is learned, friendships are made, and competition is fierce. Which Hogwarts house will win the cup this year? The brave Gryffindors, wise Ravenclaws, cunning Slytherins, or the hardworking Hufflepuffs? Make a character and join the rp to find out and support your house.

QuirkyAngel

White Masquerade's Blue Oni
Welcome to Hogwarts!
hogwarts-castle-.jpg

I’m craving a Harry Potter RP and I’m looking for people who feel the same. Nothing too complicated. We’re just going to start from first year sorting all the way to the seventh. You’ll get the full wizarding school experience with magic, ghosts, talking portraits, etc. Functionally though, this rp will be a bit different in order to simulate the Hogwarts experience.

1. You don’t decide your character’s house. I do. During the sorting. It’ll be based on your character’s personality (described) in your cs and how your character acts in the posts prior to the sorting. Keep in mind re-sorting is always possible and characters’ desire will also be taken into consideration. Say ‘not slytherin’ enough times in your debate with the hat and chances are your character won’t be put there.
  2. Every post you make awards your house points.
    • 2 paragraph = 5 house points
    • 3 paragraph = 10 house points
    • 4 paragraph = 15 house points
    • 5+ paragraphs = 25 house points.
  3. In addition to a first year, every player must pick a teacher, a classroom, and a subject to be in charge of. We’ll take turns coming up with class activities, events, etc. to keep the rp going. When your turn comes around, you become the gm at the moment at it’s your turn to make your subject shine (or just fun things for other players to do) . Teachers are also free to award house points to students that do especially well in their class. The caveat is players cannot award points to their own characters. Try to be fair (*cough* not Snape) when distributing points. While I do find bias characters entertaining, too much obvious bias and the Headmaster (me) will have to pay you a visit and possibly sack you from your position.
  4. The order for the rp is as follows: Player class -> Player Class -> free period -> Player class -> Player class -> free period and so on depending on how many players/teachers we have. First years have 7 core subjects with a compulsory flying class so I’m maxing at 8 player teachers on a first come first reserve basis.
  5. What is free period? Posts that don’t have your character in a classroom. Could be eating lunch, wandering the halls, exploring the castle, dorm activities, club activities, etc. It’s your chance to interact outside of class activities. I may make events here as well.
  6. Drama, romance, friendships, adventure, etc are wanted but not required. It’s up to you players. I don’t want to hold your hand and force things. I may introduce small events here and there (make Peeves visit your dorm room to throw pies or something) but please don’t come to this rp expecting a dark wizard. It may happen. It may not.
  7. The year will end after 5 complete rounds of player classes have finished (meaning each player should get five turns to rp their class). I may extend or shorten this depending on posting pace of players.
  8. At the end of the year, the House with the most House points will win the House Cup
  9. I’ll roll a die to see which house wins the quidditch cup, but quidditch isn’t something 1st years who are still taking flying classes should worry all that much about.
  10. For convenience sakes, the year we are starting at is 2020.
  11. Magic and muggle technology involving electronics still don't mix. This is a magical community set with owls and quills. I'd like to keep the magical immersion. A ball point pen is fine if your character really can't handle quills without smearing, but ipods, iphones, and digital watches WILL NOT work until you are out of the magical community. Blame the chizpurfles.
If you’ve read all the way to end, I applaud you. If you’re interested in joining and supporting your house (once you've been sorted), please comment below and reserve a subject. Questions and feedback are also welcome.

Current Reservations

Transfiguration Class - Raven14 Raven14
Charms Class -
Potions Class - Ayama Ayama
DADA Class - Kimby Kimby
Herbology Class - g r i m g r i m
Astronomy Class - Lord Mitmar Lord Mitmar
History of Magic Class - QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel
Flying Class - HerculePyro HerculePyro

Last edited:
Whoa...
I'd love to try this!
I might be rusty here and there cause I haven't read the books nor seen the movies in a long time, but I would love to try this!

first year student, house... N/a

I don't remember much of the characters >~<
Lol, not what I meant =P

Transfiguration, Charms, Potions, History of Magic, Defence Against the Dark Arts, Astronomy and Herbology. Flying lessons (on broomsticks) are also compulsory.

In addition to a first year, you need to play a teacher of one of these subjects for when it's your turn to lead activities.

OH, my mistake! >~<

Defense against the dark arts sounds good, mind if I squeeze in to that?

I'll think of teacher later, if I can...

OH, my mistake! >~<

Defense against the dark arts sounds good, mind if I squeeze in to that?

I'll think of teacher later, if I can...

Reserved. If you don't think you can play a teacher, let me know. It's not actually that big of a deal and I know some people can't handle multiple.

I'll take a student and while I'm not sure I can do a class if it's needed I'll take the herbology teacher.

CS sheet is up if you're bored.

I'd love to give this a go! I'll warn you I'm not incredibly well versed in the HP universe, but that's not to say that I'm not willing to do some digging!
If you've got the space, I'll reserve the Astronomy professor!

I'd love to give this a go! I'll warn you I'm not incredibly well versed in the HP universe, but that's not to say that I'm not willing to do some digging!
If you've got the space, I'll reserve the Astronomy professor!

Happy to have you =) Feel free to start making a character whenever you're ready.

I'm interested, somewhat. I'd actually love to have Care of Magical creatures but that's not 1st year. Could my teacher be flying until COMC?

if this is still open i’d like to take the transfiguration teacher

If this is still open I'll take the charms teacher!

Excellent! Then I'll take the History of Magic teacher to finish things off. All first year instructor positions are now reserved and we're good to get started.

That said, I don't really want to close things off (because the more players we have the more interesting it'll be to see which house wins), so this rp will remain open for players who are still interested in rping a Hogwarts students. They just won't get the chance to gm some class activites/events or handle points. Also keep in mind the focus of the rp (for now) will be first years and what goes on in their classes. So while I won't say no to those who want to rp upper years (obviously they exist in the school), you'll have less to do (as you can't just barge into first year classes) and will be on your own in terms of posting for the most part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back