• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Hogwarts 2020: The First Years OOC

Which Hogwarts House is the best?

• Gryffindor

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Ravenclaw

• Hufflepuff

• Slytherin

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
My internet provider is going to hell in a handbasket right now, so my activity is going to be spotty until further notice. I'll try my damndest to post, but based on Spectrum's website this problem is going to take a while to solve.

My internet provider is going to hell in a handbasket right now, so my activity is going to be spotty until further notice. I'll try my damndest to post, but based on Spectrum's website this problem is going to take a while to solve.

Haha, well that must suck. Do your best, but don't stress. If your internet doesn't get better in 9 days, missing a train post isn't that big of a deal. Not like there's much to do on a train ride, but watch the scenery and wait for the destination anyway.

SomebodyElse SomebodyElse
Claire knows the key to success, I see.

I personally hate toads :P I may have used Ned as an outlet of that. Do you know if there's an in-universe reason for toads being wizard pets?

Haha, no clue =P

I remember them being somewhat outdated pets when Neville had one. Their secretions are used as certain potions ingredients...

The maintenance alone on a toad confuses me. Owls more or less take care of themselves, a cat is pretty independent as long as they don't see the bottom of the food bowl and have a litterbox somewhere, but a toad? What do you do with a toad? Are you supposed to bring an aquarium, too? And how do you keep it warm? Do you spam Lumos for three hours?

The maintenance alone on a toad confuses me. Owls more or less take care of themselves, a cat is pretty independent as long as they don't see the bottom of the food bowl and have a litterbox somewhere, but a toad? What do you do with a toad? Are you supposed to bring an aquarium, too? And how do you keep it warm? Do you spam Lumos for three hours?
Uhh, toads are amphibians- not reptiles ._.

LmaoxD. Indeed.

I don't imagine taking care of a toad to be anymore difficult than taking care of fish. Feed. Clean aquarium. That's pretty much it, assuming the toad doesn't know how to find its own bugs. Grooming, picking up after furs, taking out for walks, etc, all unnecessary.

Watch it. Talk to it. The main reason people take care of pets is for companionship. If you're lucky it'll keep the bugs out of your house and keep an eye on intruders. If wizards can train owls to deliver letters, I don't know why teaching a toad born and bred in the wizarding community would be any different. Besides, Bart's a smart toad =p

Magical acquarium :closedeyessmile: Her dad owns a magic pet shop after all.

Haha, but yeah, a toad surviving a dangerous environment full of owls and cats must be able to hone survival instincts, avoid predators, and adapt to whatever living conditions Hogwarts has for toads.

Still cold-blooded. I've owned a toad before, they've got the same basic requirements

Did you like the toad?

Did you like the toad?
I did. They're very low-maintenance pets, as long as they're the only critter in the tank. Hard part was remembering to buy crickets, because they don't croak or complain if they aren't full, and the only shop I could get too sold silent crickets.

I wonder if the wizard toad breeds were magically domesticated? On the Wizarding World website the 'picture' of the toad had some unique features I've never seen on any other toad or frog-like creature. Could be why they're able to hop around freely with the cats, they might not need a heat lamp or smell like something edible.

I did. They're very low-maintenance pets, as long as they're the only critter in the tank. Hard part was remembering to buy crickets, because they don't croak or complain if they aren't full, and the only shop I could get too sold silent crickets.

I wonder if the wizard toad breeds were magically domesticated? On the Wizarding World website the 'picture' of the toad had some unique features I've never seen on any other toad or frog-like creature. Could be why they're able to hop around freely with the cats, they might not need a heat lamp or smell like something edible.

Very interesting.

Despite my defense of the lovable amphibians, Kayla and I are completely different creatures. I'm not really an animal person and my reaction would probably be similar to Hercule's if I were to interact with a live toad =p Nice to see that this group is so various.

Possibly~Since I'm letting players play teachers, I won't draw a hard line on magic. Just so long as nothing breaks lore, or is too out there, creative freedom is encouraged when it comes to details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back