• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Hogwarts 2020: The First Years OOC

Which Hogwarts House is the best?

• Gryffindor

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Ravenclaw

• Hufflepuff

• Slytherin

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
Haha, sure. No rush. Having all the teachers is nice, but not required for the rp to operate.

For those who aren't aware, I planned to start the rp on March 8

Nope. I've got this image of teachers, because education in my area sucks, where they have the knowledge, but suck at applying it.

Same thing, he knows what to do, the motions and words, etc, he's just not really able to pull them off repeatedly.

Nope. I've got this image of teachers, because education in my area sucks, where they have the knowledge, but suck at applying it.

Same thing, he knows what to do, the motions and words, etc, he's just not really able to pull them off repeatedly.
Weren't the teachers supposed to be capable at their arts, as evidenced by Minerva, Snape, and a good portion of the Defence Against Dark Arts teachers? They could even give Aurors a run for their money.

There's multiple types of capable, isn't there? Don't need to be able to cast a spell on the fly to have it be useful. A well placed and designed charm(s) is just as good as a charm popped out with a quickness

Haha, very well. I'm interested in seeing the class he'll run. Many of the basic charms like lumos, levitation charm, unlocking charm, etc might be a bit difficult to teach without him being able to demonstrate.

Weren't the teachers supposed to be capable at their arts, as evidenced by Minerva, Snape, and a good portion of the Defence Against Dark Arts teachers? They could even give Aurors a run for their money.

To a degree yes. The title professor implies that they've got some sort of mastery in their field...but I'm willing to let players who want to play teachers excercise a bit of freedom provided they can run a class. Dolores was shoved in Hogwarts by the Ministry and her lackluster teaching was what prompted students to take studying into their own hands. I wonder if something similar will happen in charms, what with all the determined/ambitious kids and all :closedeyessmile:

I'm thinking I'm gonna have Fira ride to her first class atop a thestral... just to confuse the hell out of em.

In any time when the students aren't being forced to wear uniforms.. cue Clairabelle wearing expensive clothing like fur coats and designer clothes.

I wonder if something similar will happen in charms, what with all the determined/ambitious kids and all
A reference book.

This teacher will be a good reference book should Estelle wish to confirm something. After all, it's quite difficult to confer and debate with an actual book, and the ones that scream at her face are ill-spirited and lack any tact at all to get a conversation going.

In any time when the students aren't being forced to wear uniforms.. cue Clairabelle wearing expensive clothing like fur coats and designer clothes.

Lol, that's right. Claire's a rich little princess. Don't walk down Knockturn Alley alone at night^^

I'm gonna pop some tags, only got 20 sickels in my pocket.

About what you'd expect of an eleven year old's allowance.

A reference book.

This teacher will be a good reference book should Estelle wish to confirm something. After all, it's quite difficult to confer and debate with an actual book, and the ones that scream at her face are ill-spirited and lack any tact at all to get a conversation going.

A wise decision.

Question, are we actually going to have the kids at diagon alley getting their stuff or will it be from the platform 9 and 6 eights first? Or even when they arrive at school (I assume not the latter due to you saying our initial posts will help determine what house we get sorted into).

Question, are we actually going to have the kids at diagon alley getting their stuff or will it be from the platform 9 and 6 eights first? Or even when they arrive at school (I assume not the latter due to you saying our initial posts will help determine what house we get sorted into).

You'll find out with the first post, but you are correct. There will be a little space for you to introduce your character before the sorting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back