• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom ✶ Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs Sᴄʜᴏᴏʟ ᴏғ Wɪᴛᴄʜᴄʀᴀғᴛ ᴀɴᴅ Wɪᴢᴀʀᴅʀʏ - Tʜᴇ Gʀᴇᴀᴛ Hᴀʟʟ✶

True, but all those people are canon characters... Don't feel like playing a canon charrie

Or can we change that to an OC?

So, for the purposes of this RP, I am open to OC teachers as long as we are of the understanding that they would operate under the original teacher of that subject (so we don't disrupt the canon too much). For example, if someone wanted to make an OC herbology teacher, they would be considered an associate professor or something, under Sprout. I'd prefer OC teachers to mainly focus on first years, as well!

Tagging PixieDust PixieDust , just in case you didn't see this!

So, for the purposes of this RP, I am open to OC teachers as long as we are of the understanding that they would operate under the original teacher of that subject (so we don't disrupt the canon too much). For example, if someone wanted to make an OC herbology teacher, they would be considered an associate professor or something, under Sprout. I'd prefer OC teachers to mainly focus on first years, as well!

Tagging PixieDust PixieDust , just in case you didn't see this!

Sound great and more fitting for my idea of characters :)

(Thinking of making 3 brothers, 1st year, 6st year and associate professor)

Can I reserve Charms associate then?

Cool news! I'll work out the finish details such as his persona and history tonight. I believe that's my only part so left of info I'll know before hand. House and Classes will come after once I know and this Rp begins. ^^

Just putting it here as well: does anyone's character from a pureblood family want my character as an adoptive sister? Pm me and we can discuss history.

What are the restrictions on more rarities like half-breeds and metamorphagi and the like? I haven't got anything specific in mind yet but was just wondering for reference.

What are the restrictions on more rarities like half-breeds and metamorphagi and the like? I haven't got anything specific in mind yet but was just wondering for reference.

Obviously they're very rare, so check with me first. But I'll probably allow 1 or so of each "class/race", as long as they aren't too powerful.

For metamorphagi, I think that eventually they're supposed to be able to change into other people. But, I feel like that might be a little too strong for this RP. So small things (like you changing your appearance (hair, nails, etc) but still looking basically like you) is acceptable. Perhaps their powers can progress as we go.

Seers are cool, again as long as they aren't too crazy. Random visions they can't understand could be fun. Maybe have a seer get the group into some kind of shenannigans with his/her gift.

Animagi would be restricted to a sixth year+, since that's something you learn with immense amount of practice.

As for half breeds, the known types would be okay. (That's giant, veela, goblin, and vampire.) Again, these can't be too crazy, as they really are mostly cosmetic and grant few (if any) special abilities.

Edit: Also a werewolf would be okay!

Last edited:
Hmm, looks interesting if done right. I will extend some polite interest, once I take a look over all the material you've put up!

I am joining and FUCK YES I am so hyped.
is this still open?
Hmm, looks interesting if done right. I will extend some polite interest, once I take a look over all the material you've put up!

You are extremely, absolutely, wholeheartedly welcome!

Please browse through this thread at your leisure, it has some notes on character creation. And feel free to ask me any questions, either here or through PMs! I intend to start this RP next weekend, so you have about a week to decide/create your character(s).

Question for everyone involving Quidditch -

Now, as we all know, first years aren't allowed to play quidditch. This is sticking. What I'm considering is how (if) we get everyone involved.

Option 1: I've considered the idea of teams combining on a rotating basis (e.g. Huff+Gryff vs Raven+Slyth one week, then next it's Huff+Raven vs Gryff+Slyth). I like this idea because it gives our characters more of a reason to interact with each other and involves everyone in the match, instead of just the two houses that are normally involved. It also has the potential for a little drama (rivals become friends, friends become enemies, etc etc). Downside is that it's far from canon.

Option 2 is keeping things as is. On "quidditch weekends" only two houses compete per match, so mostly only two houses attend (obviously some others can come too, but often it's mostly your own house that cares about your match). This gives the people in other houses freedom to do whatever they like during the match and still remains canon. Downside is that I think this groups people into their houses a little bit and limits interaction.

Let me know what you guys think!

Edit: In option 2, I'll probably have 2 matches that weekend, so that at least all houses get a chance to play/cheer/celebrate/be sad.

Last edited:
I like both ideas, why not both? Would be sweet for first years to attend matches and learn how to play, the team members they love and hate, to build up that mythology before they can partake in the games. I can see first years be fans even in hallways and dorms, how fun!

I like both ideas, why not both? Would be sweet for first years to attend matches and learn how to play, the team members they love and hate, to build up that mythology before they can partake in the games. I can see first years be fans even in hallways and dorms, how fun!

Well, I don't think it can be both. Either it's all four houses competing in one match, or 2 and 2. But if you have an idea for everyone to get involved, I'd love to hear it!

And yes, I really hope first years get involved. Even begrudgingly, if someone of them don't like it and are dragged into it. :)

Mm second option so each player gets to play in their match instead of benched waiting for the other House player to be injured or penalized.

Mm second option so each player gets to play in their match instead of benched waiting for the other House player to be injured or penalized.

All players would get to play in the first option. :) I only meant rotating as in which teams get paired with which each week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back