• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom ✶ Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs Sᴄʜᴏᴏʟ ᴏғ Wɪᴛᴄʜᴄʀᴀғᴛ ᴀɴᴅ Wɪᴢᴀʀᴅʀʏ - Tʜᴇ Gʀᴇᴀᴛ Hᴀʟʟ✶

landing
  • avira

mischief managed
    HogwartsCastle_WB_F4_HogwartsThroughTheTrees_Illust_100615_Land.jpg

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
    So teach us things worth knowing,

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore

(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock,
    Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)​

Dear future student,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on 7 May. We await your owl by no later than 30 April.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall

Minerva McGonagall
    Deputy Headmistress
    Bring back what we've forgot,
    Setting

The year is 1989, eight years after the end of The First Wizarding War and two years before Harry even learns he's a wizard. Though a scarcely acknowledged fear of you-know-who still lingers in the air, the wizard world is operating mostly as normal. Perhaps you are a new first year student, entering Hogwarts with the likes of Fred and George Weasley, Cedric Diggory, and Angelina Johnson. Or, maybe you are soon graduating alongside Bill Weasley, studying vigorously (or not) for your N.E.W.T.s. Either way, you've found your way to Hogwarts and are welcome. Now please, make your way to platform nine and three quarters.

Plot
    This is a Harry Potter universe role play, without the Harry Potter. The events of Harry's life, as depicted in the books, have not all occurred yet. This RP will be focused mostly on life at Hogwarts as the students come of age and attend their classes while trying to keep out of trouble. There will be certain plot points (such as feasts, trips to Hogsmeade, and Quidditch matches) to push character development and interaction. OCs, especially first years (please refer to next tab), would be wonderful, but canon characters are most welcome too. Drama between characters (romance, rivalries, etc.) is highly encouraged.
    Just do your best, we'll do the rest,

Guidelines & Rules

1. All first years will be sorted upon arrival at Hogwarts, as per the Sorting Ceremony. (This means that canon characters will be sorted into their respective houses, but OCs are at the mercy of the Sorting Hat.)
    2. If you've joined our RP after we've done sorting for the year, you can join as an older year (2-7) or part of the staff. All canon teachers are in place, but I will allow OC assistant professors in each subject who can teach the lower years (1-3) under the supervision of the canon teacher.
    3. You are allowed 3 characters in total. They may be whatever year you like, or even a teacher, as long as they follow the above rules.
    4. This will be a detailed and (I'm hoping) long-term RP. While quality is more important than quantity, in the interest of substance I am expecting at least a full paragraph (6 sentences or more) per post, at least once or twice a week. Please let us know if you'll be inactive for a while, in advance!
    5. Let's all be polite to each other and work together to have a good time.
    6. I'm sure you know the usual rules by now, but just in case: no GMing, Mary Sues, or controlling/harming other people's characters without consent. etc..
    7. Less of a rule and more of a suggestion, but the group discord can be found here: https://discord.gg/k3k67hT. You are not required to join at all, but it's a handy tool for communication.

And learn until our brains all rot.
    tumblr_m2v0ld1i5m1qg1krko6_250.gif
    Hm. I don't believe I've seen you here before. I don't know you. First year, then?

[He looks you up and down before giving you a knowing smile to ease your apparent nervousness.]

It's alright, I get it. My little brothers are first years too. George and Fred Weasley. Little troublemakers, they are. Maybe you'll meet them on the train. But on second thought, it's probably better that you don't.

[He laughs.]

Here, let me help you with your bags. Don't worry, they'll be sent up to your room when we get there. Now, when you get off, you'll be looking for Hagrid. He's a big guy, you won't be able to miss him. He'll take you on the boats to the Great Hall, where you'll get sorted.

What? Yeah, sorted. You know, into one of the four houses. You don't know? Blimey, well. There are four houses. Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Gryffindor - that's the one I'm in - and Slytherin. You'll probably want to stay away from that last lot. Huh? Oh, no, you don't get to pick. The Hat will, at the ceremony.

[The train's whistle blows sharply, a final warning to all intending to get to Hogwarts.]

There's probably still room in one of the compartments of this car right right here. In you go. Chin up, you'll be fine. Just remember to stay as far away from Peeves as you can. What's that? Nevermind, you'll figure it out for yourself. Good luck, and welcome to Hogwarts

Golden_Platform_Ticket.png

Last edited:
    announcement 1
  • ANNOUNCEMENT

First post is out, we are officially begun! (My other two character's posts will come later, to interact with anyone who hasn't been interacted with yet.) For those who have their CS sheets done, please feel free to post in the In character page! I made a small setting post titled Hogwarts Express, click on the "Platform 9 3/4" tab to see it.

For those who haven't finished their profiles (I know we have a couple of late joiners), you still have a bit of time as we all introduce ourselves and our characters. No rush, I just don't want anyone to miss out on the fun! As long as your first year is in before sorting, it should be okay. Below is an updated list of profiles I've received in Student Records and their status. Please let me know if any of your characters are in the wrong grouping, or if you're no longer interested in the RP (don't worry, I know real life happens!).

And once more, our new (but totally not required) discord! https://discord.gg/k3k67hT

complete
    milena, zara, guinevere - avira avira
    alice - @Smoaki
    tyrus - The Silent Z The Silent Z
    orla - spectro spectro
    ben, cressida - Lux___Wolf Lux___Wolf
    joey - explosiveKitten explosiveKitten
    claudia - Trinket Trinket
    susanna, sidney - Twenty1stTechno Twenty1stTechno
    iris - MochiHaru MochiHaru
    shana - PixieDust PixieDust
    brynn - Armorath Armorath
    adrian - @ZAuger
    alex, rufus, chris - Yarrow Yarrow
    polly, patrick, lochlan - inkling inkling
    evan - @Smoaki
    lucinda - Inactive User 002 Inactive User 002

incomplete
    jesse, gabriel - Abendrot Abendrot
    6th yr ravenclaw, 1st yr - @Volupe
    henrietta - ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki
    3 characters - @AKKaleb
    ravenclaw 6th yr, prof. ravenhurst - PixieDust PixieDust
    chris, carrie, camren - @h o n e s t p r i n c e
    winston - C classAteam
    will - wdinatx wdinatx
    elodie, natalie - deer deer

not yet received
    Princept Princept goldiggings goldiggings purplepanda288 purplepanda288 H Hammer @A U R U M Silverbane Silverbane Rasia Iketei Rasia Iketei wdinatx wdinatx

Last edited:
    announcement 2
  • ANNOUNCEMENT #2

Hello my darlings! Sorry for the quiet week. Finals are finally (hah) finished, so here I am doing some housekeeping! (For future reference, you can find all my announcements and the landing post easily by clicking on the "Threadmarks" drop down at the top of the page, next to the page number links.)

Later today (Sunday), I will be sending the Hogwarts Express off on its journey to Hogwarts. If you haven't made your introductory post by then, fret not! You can just have your character find a compartment after we are under way. I know we have a couple of late joiners, so again, as long as your first year is ready in time for sorting, it's not a big deal! I just don't want anyone to miss out on the fun. (Obviously some characters, like professors, might not be introduced quite yet.)

Realistically, compartments can really only seat 4 (maybe 6 if you saqueeze) so please don't overcrowd. I've still some characters left to bring in (who knows, the Weasleys might make a special appearance) if you feel like your compartment is empty! I'll soon be making a list of who is in what compartment, just so we all have it sorted in our heads. And if your character ends up hating the people in that compartment, they can always move around to another unfilled one!

Speaking of lists, below is one of all characters and players, sorted by completeness and whether they've made their intro posts yet. Please let me know if I've put you/your character in the wrong place. Just trying to keep track of everything/everyone.

Lastly, I'll be compiling a list (I know, I freaking love lists) of all quidditch players today or tomorrow and putting that in the Library, so if you want your character to be a part of that, please make sure it's in your CS. (Remember, first years aren't allowed to play Quidditch.)

introduced
    milena, zara, guinevere - avira avira
    alice, evan - @Smoaki
    tyrus, sartorious - The Silent Z The Silent Z
    susanna, sidney - Twenty1stTechno Twenty1stTechno
    alex, rufus, chris - Yarrow Yarrow
    joey - explosiveKitten explosiveKitten
    adrian - @ZAuger
    dylan - SymbioticWebslinger SymbioticWebslinger
    polly, patrick, lochlan - inkling inkling
    will - wdinatx wdinatx
    jesse, gabriel - Abendrot Abendrot
    siara - @Aero ★
    saeran - @GimmickPuppet
    ben, cressida - Lux___Wolf Lux___Wolf
    orla - spectro spectro
    lauren - @donaphiin
    ripley, edward - Volfy Volfy
    kliffton, clay, jack - @AKKaleb

not yet introduced
    elodie, natalie - deer deer

incomplete cs
    PaperGhosts PaperGhosts

Last edited:
    announcement 3
  • Announcement #3

Hello everyone! I know I've been making these long so I'll try to keep this one short.

Just so everyone knows, I'm going to be in LA for about a week and a half, and then Australia for a month (wee traveling!). I'll still be in discord (https://discord.gg/k3k67hT) and active on the site, don't worry! I just might disappear for a day or two randomly when on planes.

This Sunday (5/21) or so, I'll transition us into the last leg of our Hogwarts Express journey. The sun will start to set and the scenery will change from farmland to forest. Once we transition might be a good time to have your characters change into their robes. Expect the following Sunday (5/28, give or take a day) to be when we arrive at the actual school.

Can I take this moment to ask you all how you feel about the pacing of this RP? Is it too slow? I'm trying to strike that balance between speed and interest.

I've taken the liberty of deleting the compartment listing most and merging it with this one. Moving forward, I'll also try to tag everyone in each setting post I make, just to make doubly sure no one misses out on our fun.

Mischief managed!

hogwarts express compartments
    Max 4 (6 if you REALLY want to or a writer is mia) people per compartment.
    Numbers don't necessarily correspond with location on the Express.
    Please let me know if anyone is misplaced!

COMPARTMENT 1- FULL
    tyrus - The Silent Z The Silent Z
    alice - @Smoaki
    poppy - inkling inkling
    patrick - inkling inkling

COMPARTMENT 2 - FULL
    susanna - Twenty1stTechno Twenty1stTechno
    elodie - deer deer
    kliff - @AKKaleb
    clay - @AKKaleb

COMPARTMENT 3 - FULL
    adrian - @ZAuger
    rufus - Yarrow Yarrow
    will - wdinatx wdinatx
    gabe - Abendrot Abendrot
    COMPARTMENT 4 - FULL
    sartorious - The Silent Z The Silent Z
    natalie - deer deer
    gwen - avira avira
    jack - @AKKaleb

COMPARTMENT 5 - FULL
    dylan - SymbioticWebslinger SymbioticWebslinger
    saeran - @GimmickPuppet

COMPARTMENT 6 - FULL
    sidney - Twenty1stTechno Twenty1stTechno
    evan - @Smoaki
    siara - @Aero ★
    ben - Lux___Wolf Lux___Wolf
    COMPARTMENT 7 - OPEN
    lochlan - inkling inkling
    zara - avira avira
    jesse - Abendrot Abendrot

COMPARTMENT 8 - FULL
    milena - avira avira
    orla - spectro spectro
    lauren - @donaphiin

COMPARTMENT 9 - OPEN
    johanna - explosiveKitten explosiveKitten
    ripley - Volfy Volfy
    COMPARTMENT 10 - OPEN
    x
    x
    x
    x

COMPARTMENT 11 - TEACHERS
    prof holton - Volfy Volfy

NOT IN ANY COMPARTMENT
    alex, chris - Yarrow Yarrow
    jesse - Abendrot Abendrot
    cressida - Lux___Wolf Lux___Wolf
    ? - PaperGhosts PaperGhosts

announcement 4
  • Announcement #4

Hey all! I know I've been a bit quiet recently, my apologies for that. I was on this really long trip to the other side of the world. It was both exhausting and amazing, but I am extremely happy to be home. Thankfully I've got some awesome Co-GMs who've held down the fort in my absence. To all the new faces, welcome to our RP! To all the old ones, thanks for sticking around.

I'm doing a massive amount of housekeeping starting with the character list. If I haven't seen or heard from you in the past two weeks or so (that doesn't mean IC posts, even just here or on discord), I'll be removing your characters from the list. This doesn't mean you've been removed from the RP, though! If you're still interested, please feel free to ping me and I'll add your characters right back in. Likewise, if there's anyone new I've forgotten to tag, ping me and bug me about it! I'm really forgetful, which is why I make so many lists and try to keep them current.

We'll be moving into sorting soon (probably after I finish getting everything in order). I'll explain this in the setting post again, but for the sake of time the part with the sorting hat will be RPed between me and each person with a first year in PMs. After we figure out where your character is going in the PM, I'll do batches of announcements as the hat in the In Character page.

Lastly, I've edited the rules a bit. Anyone who joins after sorting (or even now) doesn't have to make a first year. The rest is basically the same.

As always, if anyone has any questions, please let me know (and tag me so I see it)!

Mischief Managed.

@Echo the Guinea Pig Lord Cychotic Cychotic @Smoaki Abendrot Abendrot The Silent Z The Silent Z spectro spectro ? deer deer Lux___Wolf Lux___Wolf explosiveKitten explosiveKitten ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Trinket Trinket @AKKaleb Yarrow Yarrow inkling inkling Twenty1stTechno Twenty1stTechno MochiHaru MochiHaru Armorath Armorath wdinatx wdinatx @ZAuger Inactive User 002 Inactive User 002 SymbioticWebslinger SymbioticWebslinger @Aero ★ @GimmickPuppet @donaphiin Volfy Volfy n u n c h i n u n c h i Ravenclaw Ravenclaw @Lady Magicae scorpiodragon scorpiodragon AldarisLordOfLight AldarisLordOfLight sarahmickey98 sarahmickey98 The Dark Wizard The Dark Wizard ApfelSeine ApfelSeine @Starfish Aart Aart T That_Irish_Person @Starfish @The Great Catsby @donaphiin @AKKaleb

Sorting Ceremony Results
    GRYFFINDOR | SLYTHERIN | RAVENCLAW | HUFFLEPUFF

HUFFLEPUFF - Zephyrus Armstrong - AldarisLordOfLight AldarisLordOfLight
    SLYTHERIN - Ebenezer Ash - Lux___Wolf Lux___Wolf
    SLYTHERIN - Milena Avery - avira avira
    HUFFLEPUFF - Clarrissa Beid - @AKKaleb
    Kliffton Beid - @AKKaleb
    Lucinda Blackthorn - Inactive User 002 Inactive User 002
    Lauren Evan - @donaphiin
    Alannah Grayson - @Lady Magicae
    GRYFFINDOR - Johanna Grace Hayes - explosiveKitten explosiveKitten
    Aberdeen Higgins - sarahmickey98 sarahmickey98