• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Golden Oak Academy - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Just out of curiosity,is there a definite time period/tech level to this RP?

And are non-human races prominent as mages and students or will it be mainly human focused?

Does the public have even slight suspicions about the existence of magic or do even attentive people and organizations just not know?

I am working on a partially human character currently and this will be good questions that can help me as well.

hewo!

Just out of curiosity,is there a definite time period/tech level to this RP?

And are non-human races prominent as mages and students or will it be mainly human focused?

Does the public have even slight suspicions about the existence of magic or do even attentive people and organizations just not know?
As far as time period. There's not exactly a set time, but think modern times as far as technology level.

Non-human races are just as prominent as humans.

There have, of course, been curious people and "conspiracy theorists", but Magic is very well concealed.

So dumb question but is magic limited to elemental magic?

I get that all magic is related to one of the five elements but can we use more, for lack of a better term, philosophical justification when it comes to magic types? You know, stuff like making a strength increasing magic based on the idea that the element of earth is typically associated with strength for example.

So dumb question but is magic limited to elemental magic?

I get that all magic is related to one of the five elements but can we use more, for lack of a better term, philosophical justification when it comes to magic types? You know, stuff like making a strength increasing magic based on the idea that the element of earth is typically associated with strength for example.
A strength-boosting magic would fall under the element of Ether. Most magics that don't fall under the traditional 4 elements would probably fall under Ether. There are some specific circumstances but most usually will.

A strength-boosting magic would fall under the element of Ether. Most magics that don't fall under the traditional 4 elements would probably fall under Ether. There are some specific circumstances but most usually will.
Ok, but just to double check, we can use non-elemental magic then?

It would depend on what it is, so I'd say sorta?

My thought was to take water magic, but specialize in manipulation of fluids and use that for alchemy.
(EG: Purifying, concentrating, compressing fluids)

Would that be fine?

My thought was to take water magic, but specialize in manipulation of fluids and use that for alchemy.
(EG: Purifying, concentrating, compressing fluids)

Would that be fine?
Sorry I'm just now seeing this. Unfortunately alchemy works differently. It's a separate thing from magic.

Excited for this RP to start but the question is, to make or not to make another character, that is the question~

Pumpkid Pumpkid riwole_ riwole_ redraider redraider SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles Daylight Fantasy Daylight Fantasy Kikimura Kikimura Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia felideli felideli Blispy125 Blispy125 Cmeriwether6 Cmeriwether6 Phayne Phayne Mirgris Mirgris Cogwork Cogwork Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre creativeflowers creativeflowers Wyll Wyll SomebodyElse SomebodyElse

Alright all! This is a reminder/announcement! I plan to start the roleplay on Friday so if you have yet to make a character or complete your character, there's no rush, but be aware that the roleplay will be starting soon. Until then, I will be going through and accepting characters. You will know you're accepted by a like. If there's no like on your character, don't fret! It doesn't quite mean you're not accepted, it may just mean I haven't gotten to your character yet. I will pm you if your character needs some tweaks.

On a side note, thanks everybody for showing interest! I didn't realize how many people were interested until I tagged you all. This is looking to be a pretty grand cast! Lovely!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back