• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Golden Oak Academy

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Stretch

Let's have some fun
As the morning sun casted its golden rays upon the lush landscape surrounding Golden Oak Academy, a steady stream of carriages and magical transports arrived at the grand entrance of the academy. Students, both new and returning, stepped out onto the cobblestone courtyard, their faces filled with a mix of excitement and apprehension.

The air was filled with the buzz of chatter and laughter as students reunited with old friends and exchanged greetings with new acquaintances. The imposing facade of the academy loomed overhead, it's ancient towers and spires reached towards the sky in a majestic display of magical prowess.

At the entrance, faculty members stood ready to welcome the incoming students, their colorful robes billowed in the gentle breeze. Among them was Master Alaric, the Headmaster of Golden Oak Academy, his wise eyes twinkled with warmth and wisdom as he greeted each student with a firm handshake and a reassuring smile.

"Welcome, young sorcerers and sorceresses, to Golden Oak Academy," he declared, his voice carried across the courtyard with an air of authority.

"Today marks the beginning of your magical journey, a journey that will challenge you, inspire you, and shape you into the mages you are destined to become."

As students gathered around, eager to hear more about their new home, Master Alaric gestured towards the towering oak doors of the academy.

"But first, let us embark on a tour of our illustrious institution. Follow me, and let the magic of Golden Oak Academy reveal itself to you."

With that, the procession began, students fell into step behind Master Alaric as he led them through the grand entrance and into the heart of the academy. The Great Hall awaited, it's towering columns and stained glass windows casted colorful patterns of light across the marble floor.

As they entered the Great Hall, students were greeted by the sight of the Sorting Hat, perched atop a velvet-lined pedestal at the front of the room. Excitement built as they realized that the Sorting Ceremony was about to begin, a momentous occasion that would determine their fate within the academy.

Darcy Lockheart
872855fc1cfe340fe1bc0a65285a9830.jpg
Today is the day. A brand new adventure, and a new location to explore. Where a variety of species will roam compared to the countryside. It's nerve-wracking despite how excited Darcy is. It would be the first time she sets off on her own without her master. The idea of Darcy leaving to educate herself in itself sounds appealing if it wasn't so worrisome of the fact Darcy can be easily distracted. "Now Darcy, when you get to the academy I want you to listen to your teachers. No distractions. Do you understand?"

Regardless of Ruby's stern talking, Darcy complies with a nod. "Awe, but it's a new place, how can I not try and explore?" Ruby's glare grows more intense, enough to intimidate the cat. "Ok, ok! You win Nana. I'll behave."

Ruby nods content to hear Darcy's agreement. "Good! School is a once and a lifetime opportunity for your to learn more than what I can offer. If you misbehave, I will never allow you out of this cottage."

"That's so cruel. I need to stretch my legs and wander, Nana." Darcy's whining did not budge the old witch from her decision. Though, Darcy understood her master was simply looking out for her. "Anyway, it's time for me to go." She gathers the last of her belongings before opening the door. She looks over to her master who seemed sad. It was a melancholy moment for the two as they have never been apart before, including for a day. Darcy walks up to her caretaker for a tight embrace, and whisper, "I'll miss you too." As she pulls away, Darcy can feel her grip slowly loosening. One last look and the cat was off to the academy. If she didn't force herself to move, she would never leave which is not progressive for either people. Darcy had to broaden her horizon rather than be sheltered for the rest of her life. How else will she survive without Ruby one day?

As suspected, there are various students with different backgrounds and aspects. She wasn't the only in ordinary creature attending. There is finally a space where she can belong. Unfortunately, due to her energetic nature, she would sniff, poke and circle around each person with curious eyes. She would ask imposing questions like gender or what their hygiene regiment is. Her first day and already people disliked her. "Was it something I said?" She pouted.

Darcy's mixed-matched eyes turns her attention to the faculty in robes. Their appearance alone is intimidating, yet intriguing. One of them stood out the most. As she shakes the man's hand, he became more familiar. She just couldn't put a finger as to who he is. He train of thought comes to a close when he began his introduction, welcoming everyone. The towering building mesmerizes Darcy. It was alike a dream come true to attend school. The faculty began to guide everyone inside. The fancy architecture of the building threw Darcy off. She had never been inside something fancy. The only word that comes to mind as her beady eyes admire the interior is "wow".

Even more amazing is the great hall. All eyes landed on a hat. The question is, what was so amazing about it? Darcy hasn't read anything about it. She's entered the school blind preferring to be surprised.

scroll
ariadne

golden oak academy

none

n/a

Our half-elf friend was a little too energetic for someone going to school, if anything she should be dreading it. That was definitely not the case for Ariadne Starborne, she had been up and ready to go to for the first day of the academy a couple hours earlier because the half-elf was too excited to go back to sleep. She had hopped, skipped, and danced around the estate that she lived in, going room to room preparing for her day, and in the process managed to annoy her slumbering family members, not that she really cared to notice that they had all woken up due to her excitement.

The carriage taking her to the academy soon arrived, and she practically sprinted into the velvet seats. Once she was settled in her seat, she looked over to the person in charge of controlling the carriage giving them a huge grin followed with a bright,
"Hi! I hope your day has been well so far, I'm Ariadne."
, she had introduced herself. They gave her a smile back and nodded in acknowledgement and gave out a quiet little,
"Thank you!"
, before turning their attention back to taking Ariadne to the academy. She had smiled and nodded at their response and decided to look out the window till they had arrived taking in the lovely scenery.

Once they arrived, Ariadne noticed the sprawling campus of her school, awestruck at what she was seeing. Once the carriage had managed to drop her off at the campus entrance, Ariadne did not hesitate to step onto the cobblestone path and was on the verge of toppling over at the sight of the exterior of this luxurious school, imagine what the inside looks like! Ariadne took note of her other peers gathering around or talking to one another, excited at the thought of being able to get to know them more, as well as learn of what magical capabilities that possess.

She was greeted by what she assumed was the headmaster of the school and other faculty members once she reached the actual entrance of the school. She listened carefully to what was being said, hanging onto every word, and once he was finished, she followed the man into the great entrance, her eyes immediately laying upon a hat sat on some sort of fancy pedestal. Ariadne was curious as to what purpose the hat served, but with the way the others were reacting, she assumed it is supposed to be exciting.

Goodness, she can't wait until it was her turn.

♡coded by uxie

For the last two hours, Vahan had resisted every attempt by his family members to wake him up. It wasn't until they dumped an entire bucket of ice water on him and his bed that he jumped and tumbled out of bed. He groaned, knowing that even if he tried to go back to bed, it would be too cold for him to get any kind of comfortable sleep. His mother chuckled a little as she walked away, speaking to him as she looked over her shoulders. "Good, you're up. Now go get set, you don't want to be late."

Vahan huffed and called after her. "I don't need some school to remind me of what you and dad already taught me!"

"Perhaps not." A deep and soothing voice spoke out, his father coming from the kitchen and joining his mother in front of Vahan's room. "But you do need to go and figure out what type of sorcerer you're going to be. So far, you're a carbon copy of your mother and I, and we couldn't be prouder. But it's time for you to grow your own wings and chart your own path."

Vahan sighed, defeated and walked into the bathroom. Several minutes later, he was all dressed up and ready to head out, just in time for the his carriage to arrive. He entire quietly, and looked out the window to his parents. As the carriage pulled away, he kept looking at them, knowing he'll miss them, wishing they'd change their mind and ask him to stay. However, they soon disappeared from sight and only then did he accept that there was no turning back. Whether he liked it or not, he was going to this 'academy'.

Arriving, he hopped out of the carriage, tossing a two-fingered salute to the person that had brought him here. Without question, this was the biggest crowd of people he had ever seen and, immediately, he sunk into himself. He does exploring, he does fun little objects and trinkets, he even likes animals...he doesn't do crowds. As people moved forward to hear what the headmaster had to say, he naturally sunk to the back of the group, peacefully existing where nobody would pay attention to him.

Being honest with himself, despite the many tombs and caves and caverns he had explored, the academy was still remarkably impressive, enough that it began to sway his mind - maybe it wouldn't be so terrible here. Even when the group was led to the sorting hat, which he remembered from his reading and exploring, a little spring of excitement bubbled up within him, but he made sure to keep his expression neutral, except for the small smile that started creeping its way on his face.

Gust

Gust had woken up tied upside down to a tree with his hair being chewed on by a rather lethargic looking tortoise. Likely his mother or one of the other Silverfang Mercenary Group had done this while he was asleep. He hadn't even left for the academy yet and they were still playing these kinds of pranks. Swinging his head to the ropes holding him in place. Gust began chewing through the first few to loosen things up a little. The tortoise seemed a bit miffed that its food was trying to escape. After getting as far as he could with just his teeth. Gust began nonchalantly breaking and dislocating his bones. It made things a little numb but anything resembling pain would be a stretch. Once he was free of the ropes in addition to the tree. Gust picked a fruit from said tree to give to the tortoise. "Next time, I'll eat you... thats just how it is" said the young mercenary turned student while his new friend enjoyed the food.

Locating a carriage had been easy enough, Gust had been able to find one based on the sound of quadrupedal beasts. He didn't have any money on him since his mother wanted him to be able to take care of himself without the Silverfang as a lifeline. The carriage driver complained about his sore leg so Gust offered to heal it for a ride to Golden Oak. A deal was struck and a quiet Gust sat next to the driver while the man told him all about the school. It hadn't been Gusts idea to go to Golden Oak. His mother wanted him to make his own decisions so he was sent off to one of the most prominent institutions for training sorcerers. Gust didn't consider himself much of a sorcerer considering his inherent gifts were closer to that of a cleric and his lifestyle had been that of a mercenary. Noticing the school gates, Gust parted ways with the old driver so that he could make the final stretch of his journey on foot.

The actual school was pretty impressive, with the glitz and glam expected of a magic academy. He was surprised to see so many people around the same age as him given that he was used to being the youngest in the Silverfang. Gust wondered if he'd be able to make any friends. Not that he knew HOW to make friends in the first place. Led along with the other students through the entrance and into the great hall. Apparently they were going to be sorted using a magic hat. Gust didn't understand why a magic hat was necessary but he decided against making any arguments when he was just as in the dark as everyone else here.

Last edited:
Corrina "Rina" Appler, Supposedly Blessed Human, Golden Oak Academy, Day one

A red haired girl had woken up in a suburban home to two young boys running around the house, and no alarm clock. However, a Mallard Duck had been quacking, which meant it was feeding time for him. She then went into the shower, but did so quickly so she could feed the Duck. She then put on her usual outfit, gloves and all as she prepared for her day, her first day at Golden Oak Academy.

"Quack!"

Rina turned around to hear her Duck.

"Anas, I'll feed you in a minute, I'm almost finished."

As Rina put on her coat, she stepped out of her room to find Anas the Mallard Duck waiting patiently. Rina then turned around to get Anas some feed, and held out her hand as Anas ate the food. She then got his leash and harness to walk Anas before she went off to the academy. Her mother walked up to her before she was to walk Anas.

"Rina, I want you to know that I want you to feel like you belong and do well, and so does Mr. Tylenis, and make some friends, please, for our Sakes, alongside your own. I'll see you later in the year."

"Goodbye mom, tell Oscar and Octavius that I'll see them later in the year."

As Rina walked out the door to walk Anas, with her stuff as she was expecting something from Golden Oak Academy soon. She was walking with her Mallard Duck when a grand-looking carriage pulled up to her and Anas. Rina then picked up Anas, as she saw the carriage. The carriage opened up as the Driver looked at Rina.

"You must be Corrina Appler, correct?" The driver responded.

"I am."

"This is your ride to Golden Oak Academy, and bring your Duck with you."

Rina then boarded the carriage, taking a seat. She then looked around to see the Academy after a little while. The view was incredible, not anything Rina had ever seen. She then stepped out of the carriage, looking around the area in awe. There was so much to see! Rina followed the crowd, holding Anas so he didn't peck someone by accident. As she walked with the group, she looked around, seeing everything as the Headmaster himself shook hands with her. She then continued with the group, looking around wide-eyed, like a child who had been brought to an interesting place for them. Anas looked around, hoping for water soon. As Rina looked around, she saw several other probable students, such as a black haired girl, a pink haired girl, and a silvery-grey haired boy.

"This is going to be one of the better years I've had."

Rina had whispered that, as she waited for the sorting, which was going to be done by a magical hat? She wondered about how that hat was going to sort them. By Elemental Affinity? By Magic? By Personality? This was also what was going through her mind while she waited, looking around the room while petting Anas. She would help Anas adjust when everything was done for the day.

Destri Lin - 001

If there is anything Destri is most excited for right now, it's starting school. For someone who had spent practically her entire childhood studying, studying, and studying more, she should, logically, be completely sick of anything academics. She would be entitled to it, after all.

Not Destri, though.

She had woken up two whole hours before normal in excitement – a good thing, as it turned out, because the carriage had arrived in front of her family house only a few minutes after. It had been a rush to grab all her supplies and get dressed, and she had barely slung her bag over her shoulder and slipped into the carriage before they were off.

Destri fidgets with the clasp of her grey capelet, which is a little bit wrinkled from how quickly she'd put it on that morning. She quickly smooths it down, before continuing to twist the clasp around in her fingers. Internally, she is definitely stressed. She's had very limited chances to interact with other people her age throughout her childhood, so she doesn't know how people really act. Destri has also been told many times that she is "too much", whatever that meant. She is just expressive, that's all. Still, she wonders if that would carry over to school, and if people will think her weird for it. She also worries about her grades; if she doesn't do well at school, who knows what her father will tell her. Nothing good, that's for sure.

Speaking of her father, Destri starts a bit when he starts to talk. "Destri," he says, his voice booming through the carriage, "What did we say about your fidgeting?"

Destri freezes, then lowers her hand from the clasp. "Not to fidget," she says carefully.

"Exactly. Also—" Whatever Destri's father wanted to say was cut off by the carriage screeching to a stop. They both jump. After a second of regaining their bearings, Destri's father takes the lead and exits the carriage.

"Come on," he says, "You wouldn't like to be late, would you?"

Destri shakes her head, even though she knows that he can't see her. She climbs down, thanking the driver before jumping off the last step. Her father looks a little irritated, but he realises that berating his daughter in public would not be a wise move. Instead, he walks up to Destri.

"Destri Lin," he starts, putting his hands on her shoulders, "You better make me proud, alright? Strive for perfection in all that you do."

Destri nods. "I will."

Her father looks like he wants to say more, but he turns abruptly and strides into the carriage, presumably to go back home. Destri half-heartedly waves the carriage goodbye, before turning and walking off.

The Academy looks even more impressive up close. The courtyard where Destri stands, paved with cobblestone, is massive, and a large crowd is gathered in the middle. The structures are of similar size; towers, grand and imposing, stretch up into the sky, and the building up front, which she assumes is the Great Hall, isn't as tall as the towers, but still towers over the surrounding landscape. Even the entrance is huge.

Speaking about the entrance, that appears to be where everyone has begun to crowd around. Destri holds her bag to her chest and jogs to the crowd, where she stops. Admittedly, she does not listen to Master Alaric's speech all too much, having gotten distracted by how pretty everything around her was. She'd have to write this down later. When she finally refocuses, she guiltily finds that she's one of the few remaining people to still be standing at the entrance, and rushes to keep up with everyone else.

Goodness, she hopes her stay here won't be too bad.

Risa Araki
1710054677275-png.1149463

Interactions: None​

Despite being in a town that could be described by most people to be out in the sticks, the Araki household was lively as it ever was. After all, it was the day when the family's eldest child was to make her way to the big city to attend a proper magic academy. The girl in question was rushing around her room, busy packing her bags for the next chapter of her life that awaited her, humming a tune as she moved about.

A knock was heard at Risa's bedroom door before opening. The girl who opened the door shared Risa's eyes, but that was about all that was passed down from their father to both of them. "Sis! Are you ready yet?"

"Yea, just about..."

Risa's sister scanned the state of the room. "It doesn't really look like it... don't you think you should have started last night?"

"The time until dad said the driver gets here is more than enough time to pack." And with that, Risa tossed the last bit of clothing as well as her journal and the motor and pestle her mom gave to her into the suitcase and closed it tight. "See? Besides I'm not taking everything here." Risa picked up the suitcase she just closed and walked over to her sister. "Runa, did you feed Basel yet?"

"Yea, he's in his cage ready to go. Do you really have to take Basel with you?"

"If I left him here, he'd fly out into the sky the moment you open his cage."

"That's not true!"

"That's what happened last time until I managed to call him back."

"Risa!" Her father called out to her. "The driver's here!"

"Coming!" The Araki sisters both made their way outside, where their parents and the driver they called over were waiting. Well, this was it. The start of a new adventure. Risa's heart was racing with anticipation on what awaited her the moment she would get on the carriage. "Make us proud, Risa."

"I will." Risa exchanged hugs with her family before taking those first few steps towards the carriage.

"Sis! Wait!"

Risa stopped and turned back around. "What is it Runa?" Runa grabbed her sister's hand before placing a small object in her palm. When she looked at the contents of her hand, there lay a small ornate ornament with a small amethyst sphere in the middle. "What's this?"

"I made it for you, sis! You're not the only one who's been practicing making things with magic!" Risa smiled, ruffling Runa's hair a bit. "Hey! Sis! I'm not a kid anymore!"

"No, you still are." She said with a chuckle. "I'll come back to visit later in the year." After one last hug from Runa, Risa finally boarded the carriage to a whole new chapter in her life. The carriage ride itself was a bit uneventful for a good 2/3rds of the journey, Risa doing nothing except look at the passing by countryside views and reading a few books. She would have taken a nap if it weren't for her nerves keeping her awake.

Stepping out of the carriage onto academy grounds for the first time was like stepping through a portal to an entirely different dimension. The campus grounds seemed like something straight out of a storybook. That’s not to mention that Risa’s never seen so many people gathered in one place before. It was all so overwhelming. If she wasn’t nervous about going to Golden Oak before, she sure was now, though the handshake from the Headmaster did help to calm her nerves a bit. After a short speech from the Headmaster, Risa went along with the crowd of peers, just going through the motions without too much thought, too busy taking in the grandeur of the campus and still reeling from the culture shock of the entire situation.

As they entered the Great Hall, it seemed that a sense of excitement seemed to wash over everyone else in the hall. Looking to the front of the hall where the Sorting Hat lay, there wasn’t any wonder why. That sense of nervousness from earlier started to reemerge. Hopefully things go off without a hitch, Risa found herself hoping as she waited for her turn to be sorted.

Renji Diez
Standing in stark contrast to the elaborate carriages and other even more esoteric forms of transport a lovingly maintained but just as clearly aging hatchback parked up with a loud creak of it's handbrake. Pushing the door open with a slight squeak a teen with light brown-grey hair partly covered by a dark blue beanie stepped out and sighed as he noticed a staff member giving him a side-eye, pulling off the hat he revealed a pair of large furred ears and with a shimmer of the air unveiled a matching tail which quickly turned the questioning gaze away. With a huff Renji stuffed the beanie into his bag, clearly he was in the right place if hiding his distinctive features was making him stand out more instead of less as it had on the two occasions he had been asked if he was a lost tourist while on the way there until he presented his enrolment papers.

Looking over at the parade of drop-offs Renji wistfully noted that many were being seen off by their parents.
"Miss you already papi." He said into empty space. His father had offered to come along too but Renji had insisted that he should keep well away from the 'weird magic stuff', Renji had framed it as a safety concern but in truth he mostly wanted to compartmentalise the remaining normal aspects of his life away from the new and still surreal portion of his reality.

Joining the other assembled students he glanced about at his new peers, to his relief most looked to be human though he did wonder if any might been disguising themselves as he had been earlier. He found his eyes drawn to a dark haired girl flitting seemingly aimlessly through the crowd but quickly averted his gaze and tried to inconspicuously watch her as he thought he spotted a pair of fur tipped ears on her head, seeing her approach Renji seized up staring into her mismatched eyes. "Uhh...I'm a guy?" He dumbly replied to her questioning, seeing a cat rather than fox tail swaying behind her as she went to pester someone else he relaxed a fraction and surreptitiously sniffed his armpit when he processed her other question while following the headmaster into the hall.

Pumpkid Pumpkid

Dominic Hawthorne

As the morning sun bathed the courtyard in it's golden embrace, Dominic Hawthorne stepped off his carriage with an air of confidence, his eyes alight with curiosity and excitement. The vibrant energy of the academy buzzed around him, mingling with the whispers of anticipation that danced on the breeze.

Taking in the sight of the imposing academy before him, Dominic couldn't help but feel a thrill of hope coursing through his veins. This was the beginning of a new chapter in his life, a chapter filled with endless possibilities and untold adventures.

With a charismatic smile playing on his lips, Dominic made his way through the crowd, exchanging greetings with fellow students as he navigated the cobblestone courtyard.

As he approached the entrance, Dominic's gaze fell upon the faculty members standing ready to welcome the incoming students. Professor Alaric's presence commanded attention, and Dominic couldn't help but be drawn to the warmth and wisdom reflected in the Headmaster's eyes.

With a quick nod of acknowledgement to the Headmaster, Dominic's attention was drawn to the towering oak doors of the academy, beckoning him forward into the unknown. He could feel the anticipation building within him, a tingling sensation that ignited his spirit with a fierce determination to embrace whatever challenges lay ahead.

ARCHER STIRLING
Interaction: N/A

Archer walked out on the streets, his jewelry dangling in the wind. He was rather pissed as one of the gangs pestered him about joining their gang to stop him from leaving to his own adventure. Though his anger and frustration has withered slightly, huffing his way up the path of the city. He didn't look back down the path, ignoring some of the chattering the gang groups.

"Yo, where you going?" One of the gangsters put his arm around Archer, striking up a conversation in which he did not receive positively. "Let go of me, you bastard!" Archer shoved the gangster off of him, "Can't you see I'm busy right now?"

"What, can't handle a bit of fun?" The gangster teased him, "Besides, your leaving our territory. Might as well have some fun."

"I swear, when I come back I'll make sure you'll regret that," Archer fumed, stomping away as the gangster continued to teased him in the background.

It wasn't that long of a journey before he found a carriage at the edge of the city. It looked out of place, with most of the structures in the city looked more run-downed compared to the royal and fancier carriage in front of Archer. He was quick to assume that this was his ride to the Golden Oak Academy, stepping in inside and marveling the designs of the carriage.

To others, the outside view of the carriage was boring, the same landscapes they had seen when traveling but to Archer, it was more than enough to keep him entertained the entire trip. He marveled of the great outside as the carriage until it was time to depart to the academy.

Archer stepped out of the carriage, entering the marvelous academy and straightening his clothes as he checked everyone out. With some being more well dressed then others, Archer stood confidently as he followed the crowd, ready to face a new journey.

Last edited:
Professor Alaric & Dominic Hawthorne
At the front of the room, the Sorting Hat sat upon its pedestal, its brim twitching ever so slightly as if alive with anticipation. Professor Alaric gestured for the students to gather around, his voice echoed in the cavernous hall.

"Welcome, students, to the Sorting Ceremony," he announced, his voice carried with it a sense of gravitas.

"Today, you will be sorted into your respective grades, where you will join your fellow classmates in pursuit of knowledge and mastery of the magical arts."

Excitement rippled through the crowd as students eagerly awaited their turn to be sorted. Dominic stood among them, his heart pounded with anticipation as he watched his classmates take their place before the Sorting Hat.

One by one, students approached the Sorting Hat, its brim unfurled to reveal the glowing embers within. With a few whispered words and a gentle nod, the Sorting Hat assigned each student to their grade, its decision final and absolute.

As Dominic awaited his turn, he couldn't help but feel a sense of nervous excitement building within him. He wondered which grade he would be assigned to and what adventures awaited him there. But above all, he felt a sense of camaraderie with his fellow students, knowing that they were all embarking on this magical journey together.

Finally, it was Dominic's turn to approach the Sorting Hat. He took a deep breath, his heart pounded in his chest, as he stepped forward to face his destiny. He learned that he belonged to Fourth Class. Which was like the beginning grade at the school. All new students were assigned Fourth Class.

Darcy Lockhart
872855fc1cfe340fe1bc0a65285a9830.jpg As Darcy continues to admire the Great Hall, she perks up to the headmaster’s booming voice. He certainly knew how to earn the crowd’s attention with his presence alone. Which is a good thing for Darcy considering she loses focus. Her eyes light up. All the magical knowledge she could ask for will be determined by the hat sat on a pedestal. Wait, a hat? Why? What can it possibly do except sit on top of your head to hide features? Again, everyone bustles with excitement over the accessory. Perhaps observing will help give context.

One by one, each student was given their grade. The hat was clearly not ordinary as it spoke and sparked embers from its brim. Darcy’s curiosity brews with anticipation for a closer inspection. Her tail magically appears, swaying in the form of a question mark while an index finger presses over her lips in awe. Once it becomes Darcy’s turn, the faculty offers to set the hat on her head. She raises a hand gesturing a full stop, “no thanks.” She pats her black witchy hat. “I already have one.” The faculty member glares at the girl’s stupidity before switching her hat to the sorting one. “Hey!” She yelped, waiting for it to do something.

“I don’t need to assess you to know you’re in the beginner’s class. Fourth class.” It said.

“Hey!” Darcy cried again in offense before hanging her head in defeat. “Is it that obvious?” She takes her hat back to cover her cat ears then steps aside dejected.

Corrina "Rina" Appler, Supposedly Blessed Human, Golden Oak Academy.

As Rina looked around, Anas sat with her, looking around the room, a bit nervously. As she listened to what The Headmaster had to say, she heard that the hat was to bring their year out. Rina was surprised, as that was not the answer to the questions she had about the hat that she expected. As Rina looked around a bit, petting Anas in an attempt to calm him. Her Mallard Duck then calmed down. As such, the young woman, looked at her gloves and shook off Any feathers that may have been on them.

"Anas, can you sit here while I get sorted," Rina asked her Duck.

Anas quacked and Sat patiently as he could as Rina went up to get herself sorted. As she walked up, she was told what year she was sorted into. Fourth class. This was going to be one interesting year, was amongst Rina's thoughts. Anas got a bit impatient, but Rina got back to her seat in time, and kept him in check. She then looked around as she spotted a young half-elf? She wasn't expecting that, as such approached the student. Anas then jumped off of Rina's arms and approached the girl.

"Sorry about Anas, he can get a bit impatient from time to time, and loves crowds." Rina responded, "Rina Appler, Fourth Class."

Clockwork_Magic Clockwork_Magic (Risa)

Risa Araki

Interactions: Rina ( Cmeriwether6 Cmeriwether6 )​

Risa was brought back to reality from admiring the grandeur of the Great Hall when her peers around her started queuing up to get sorted, prompting her to put dwon her belongings and Basel's cage down at a nearby seat and join the line. The closer it got to Risa's turn to be sorted, the more she felt like her heart was about to burst out of her chest. The sorting part wasn't the thing she had a problem with, she'd read up on that much before coming to Golden Oak, but did it really have to be done in front of this many people.

After what felt like an eternity, it was now Risa's turn to be sorted. And sorted she was... right into Fourth Class. Well, it was only to be expected. You can only get so far from being homeschooled. With her sorting now over with, her heart rate finally began to die down back to baseline as she made her way back to where she lay down her stuff, relieving Basel of his duty of diligently looking over it from inside a cage.

Shortly after she took her seat again, however, a duck approached her seemingly out of no where. Considering that she was allowed to bring Basel with her, the presence of the duck itself wasn't that odd. Instead, Risa wondered what it was doing roaming about like this? And where was its owner? She didn't have to wait long to get an answer to her questions, as a redhead caught up with the duck not too soon after. The redhead looked human, though it looked like she had some green areas around her eyes? Was that... makeup? A skin condition?

"Ah, no worries. Basel here can get pretty restless too, I'm not a complete stranger to these things." She looked over at Basel in his cage, who stared back at her before ruffling his feathers a bit. "Thankfully he doesn't seem too rowdy today..." Risa turned her attention back to the redhead, introducing herself as Rina. "Risa Araki. Also fourth class." She paused a little before continuing, not being entirely sure where to take the conversation. Well, when in doubt, better fall back on the tried and true question to ask a magic student to break the ice. "Um... what kind of magic do you do?"

Renji Diez
Still a little self-conscious about his potential body odour after having his personal hygiene questioned Renji tried to drift to the edge of the group while failing to conceal his curious stares at other students with inhuman traits feeling only slightly more fascinated than disturbed at them all having existed only in myth throughout history. Almost as curious were the number of actual animals they seemed to have brought along, either there were a lot of students with support animals or witches weren't restricted to cats as companions, seeing a fox among them he eyed it suspiciously trying to discern if it was the genuine article or a kitsune trying to sneak in to keep tabs on him.

Coming to the Sorting Ceremony he cast a dubious look at the twitchy hat and still hesitated when his turn came despite it not eating the head of those who had gone before him. Getting shuffled into the Fourth Class Renji glanced at the teacher. "Is that bad?" He asked quietly but only received a silent gesture to return to the crowd. Watching others getting assigned to the same class he breathed a small sigh of relief, he'd half-expected his total ignorance to get him shuffled off to magic kindergarten but his classmates seemed to be around his own age.

felideli felideli

Last edited:
Dominic Hawthorne
Interaction: Darcy ( Pumpkid Pumpkid
Mentions: N/A

Dominic watched with interest as each student approached the Sorting Hat, eager to see where they would be sorted. But as the ceremony progressed, Dominic's attention was drawn to a particular student who seemed less than enthused about the proceedings.

A dark-haired girl stood out from the crowd with her black witchy hat and defiant demeanor. Dominic couldn't help but be intrigued by her confidence and independence, even as she resisted the faculty's attempts to place the Sorting Hat upon her head. Instead, she insisted on keeping her own hat, a gesture that spoke volumes about her character.

Sensing the girl's frustration and disappointment, Dominic decided to approach her, weaving through the crowd until he stood beside her.

"Hey there," he said with a friendly smile, his voice warm and inviting.

"Looks like you're not too thrilled about the Sorting Ceremony, huh?"

Dominic offered her a reassuring nod, gesturing towards the Sorting Hat.

"Don't worry too much about what the hat says," he said gently.

"It's not the end-all, be-all. Besides, I have a feeling you're destined for greatness, hat or no hat."

Dominic smiled encouragingly, extending a hand in friendship.

"I'm Dominic, by the way," he introduced himself.

"But you can call me Dom. Mind if I join you? Maybe we could be friends?"

Dominic's smile widened, hoping his easygoing demeanor would put her at ease.

"I promise, it'll be an adventure," he added with a playful wink, looking down at his hand as he awaited an answer.

Darcy Lockheart
Interactions: Dominic Stretch Stretch
872855fc1cfe340fe1bc0a65285a9830.jpg While standing in self-pity, a brunette boy approached her with a friendly smile. Darcy raises her mismatched eyes at the teen in awe of his warm and inviting presence compelling her to relax. Which is saying a lot considering how energetic she is with anyone, but for some reason, her feline half felt at peace. Her human half, however, is confused and skeptical of the sudden feeling. Whoever he is, they sure know how to coax a cat by energy alone.

The name behind the face is known as Dominic. He tries to assure her not to worry about the sorting hat as he believes she is destined for greatness. Her eyes light up with gratitude at the compliment. Her plans did involve the well-being of people and animals, though she hasn't revealed anything to him. As if things couldn't get any better, Dominic extended a hand of friendship. Another one of her goals is already coming to fruition. If only Ruby can see her now. “F-friend?” She asked, pointing to herself dumbstruck. “You really want to be my friend? Oh this is the happiest day of my life! Nya!” She shouted. Rather than shake Dominic’s hand she throws her arms around him and rubs her cheek against his, unfazed by his wink. A common cat tactic of hers when content. Of course, she forgets the fact that she is in human form which may come across as strange to many people. Ruby had always scolded her this, but without her vigilance, it was up to Darcy to keep herself in line.

She pulls away with her tail swaying ecstatically. “Sorry. I got carried away.” She rubs the back of her head sheepishly. “I’d be honored to be your friend. I’ve never had one before. I’ll be the bestest friend you’ve ever had. Promise.” She winks and smiles back at him. “Oh, how rude of me. I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Darcy Lockheart. At your service.” She bowed. “And yes, you may join me.” She plops down on the benches and pats the seat beside her. “Thank you for the kind words earlier. I was bummed out from being outed like that by the hat. It’s true I’m a beginner but that's why I’m attending Golden Oaks in the first place. To learn so I can help heal people, ya know?” Darcy thinks back on her early days training. Ruby using her magic potions to heal the sick that couldn't afford a doctor or simply didn't have one. Seeing how weak and frail Ruby became one day scared Darcy into aspiring her to heal people. "So, Dom, what are you here for?"

ARCHER STIRLING
Interactions: N/A

Archer followed the crowd when he saw an odd-looking hat that could speak, for some reason. He heard some whispering in the front and though he couldn't make out their full conversation, he deduced that this particular hat apparently could sort the student's years. Feeling a bit confused as to why the staff would need a hat to do that, he followed everyone until it was his turn and was told that he was a 4th year.

Sighing, he walked down after his turn at the Sorting Hat and wandered to a seat not far from where he was left off. There was a more people that were entering Golden Oak then he thought.

Interactions: Renji, IG42 IG42

Vahan was one of the last to get sorted and, as such, studied all the people that got sorted before him, mentally having an expectation of where he was going to be placed. Obviously, with his experience, Second Class seemed fitting, although he would also settle for Third; like a high-ranking Third Class. Yeah, that sounds about right. And so, he leaned against the wall, patiently waiting to be called, a small smirk playing across his features.

His name was finally called and he walked up confidently, offering the instructor there a polite smile - he was arrogant but he would not stand to be called rude. He took a seat and the hat was placed on his head and after a few seconds, the hat announced, to the hearing of the entire hall, that he was in Fourth Class.

His world shattered.

The shock was clear on his face. Certain that a mistake had been made, he whispered to the hat. "Hey, are you sure? I think you might have rushed a bit. It's okay, you can take your time."

His petition didn't help though. Although, the hat did seem to reconsider. Only to then announce he was still in Fourth Class. Vahan could also swear that the hat said it louder, almost as if rubbing it in Vahan's face. Never in his life did he think the following statement would need to be said, o was even a thing that could happen: but Vahan now had beef with a hat.

When the hat was taken off him, he thanked the instructor and began his walk of shame back into the crowd, because not only was he Fourth Class, but everyone in the hall got to see his pride...and everyone in the hall got to hear his fall. If he had Earth magic, he would petition the ground to open up and swallow him now. He still kept his head up though: never let them see that things get to you.

And so he wound up beside a young Kitsune-looking student. He remembered the name from when they had called him to get sorted. "Reni, right? Looks like we're both in Fourth Class; should probably get to know each other."

((OOC: Vahan said Reni because he mis-remembered Renji's name.))

Corrina "Rina" Appler, Supposedly Blessed Human, Golden Oak Academy.

Rina picked Anas up and then had several things said to her at once. She then Heard the half-elf ask a couple of questions. She then petted Anas as Anas looked a little nervous. As such, Rina prepared her mind.

"It's worrying for when you live in a suburban backyard, with animals that tend to prey on ducks like him. Water Magic is my magic, and mine's stronger than normal from what I've been hearing." Rina responded.

Her overall curiousity currently about everything was about as much as a Cat. Rina then pulled on her shirt, making sure it was not caught on something in her coat. As such, she then focused back on Risa.

"What's your magic?"

Interaction: Clockwork_Magic Clockwork_Magic

Dominic Hawthorne
Interactions: Darcy ( Pumpkid Pumpkid
Mentions:
N/A

Dominic's heart swelled with warmth like the gentle embrace of a crackling hearth as he witnessed the gratitude shimmering in Darcy's eyes. Her gaze held a depth of sincerity that tugged at something deep within him, stirring a sense of connection that felt inexplicably profound. As her expression lit up with genuine appreciation at his words of encouragement, Dominic couldn't help but feel a rush of warmth suffuse his entire being.

A smile, soft and tender, graced Dominic's lips as he basked in the radiance of Darcy's enthusiasm. Her excitement was palpable, a contagious energy that danced around them like playful fireflies in the twilight. He felt himself drawn into her orbit, captivated by the sheer joy she exuded at the prospect of their budding friendship.

When Darcy enveloped him in a tight embrace, Dominic's breath caught in his throat for a fleeting moment. The warmth of her embrace enveloped him like a comforting blanket, her presence a soothing balm against the uncertainties of the world. He returned the gesture with arms that felt like a safe harbor, wrapping around her with a tenderness that mirrored the gentle nuzzle of a summer breeze.

As Darcy's cheek brushed against his own, Dominic couldn't help but be struck by the intimacy of the gesture. It seemed oddly familiar yet endearing in its own way.

As they parted, a soft chuckle escaped Dominic's lips at Darcy's apology, the sound carried a warmth that echoed in the cavernous hall.

"No need to apologize," he reassured her with a smile that held the promise of understanding.

"I'm honored to be your friend, Darcy. And I have a feeling you're going to be an amazing one."

As Darcy introduced herself and invited him to join her on the benches, Dominic nodded eagerly, taking a seat beside her. He listened intently as she shared her aspirations of using her magical abilities to heal others, her determination shined through despite her initial disappointment.

"That's a noble goal, Darcy,"
Dominic replied, his voice sincere.

"I'm sure you'll make a difference in many people's lives with that kind of passion and determination."

At Darcy's question, Dominic smiled, feeling a sense of camaraderie growing between them.

"I'm here to learn as well," he explained, his eyes shining with excitement.

"To explore the depths of magic and uncover its mysteries. And who knows? Maybe we can help each other along the way."

With a nod of affirmation, Dominic settled in beside Darcy, feeling grateful for the unexpected friendship that had blossomed between them.

Risa Araki

Interactions: Rina ( Cmeriwether6 Cmeriwether6 )​

Risa nodded along as Rina answered her questions. “Is that so? Maybe you’ll be able to show me sometime. Since it seems we’re in the same class, we might as well get to know each other a bit.” She cleared her throat before circling back to Rina’s question. “I use Earth Magic. I was basically homeschooled by parents before coming here, so I don’t know how my magic power compares to others.”

That having been said, there was still one more thing on Risa’s mind. "By the way..." Risa raised a finger and pointed to her own eyes, where the green spots around Rina's eyes would be if they were on her own face. "Is that make-up? What kind is it?"

Darcy Lockheart
Interactions: Stretch Stretch
872855fc1cfe340fe1bc0a65285a9830.jpg Darcy blushes at yet another compliment. She throws a bashful hand behind her head and awes, “ya think I’ll be a good friend? Thanks, you’re a total sweetheart. I believe you’ll be a fantastic friend as well.” She peers at her lap wearing a somber smile. “Encouragement is definitely something everyone needs, no matter how crazy someone may seem.” She recalls the days when her appearance as a cat and a person would terrify people considering her to be an omen. Regardless of their opinion, she would lend a helping hand. She believes no one deserves to truly suffer any kind of pain. Some of those days were difficult causing herself to doubt her ability. She immediately shakes away the memory and perks backup at Dominic’s aspiration.

Dominic was also in Golden Oak Academy for a similar purpose. To explore the depths of magic and uncover mysteries, huh? It sounded like quite an adventure Darcy can get behind. Once again her eyes light up. “That sounds amazing! Magic is already a mysterious topic. There is always something new to discover. You can create so many possibilities. It would certainly be fun with a friend besides you. I’m so glad it’s someone like minded too. I’m sure you’re also going to accomplish great things, and you can count on me for help.” Darcy pauses in thought then realizes, with a new friend comes commonality as well as getting to know each other. She leans and stares deep into his eyes then tips his chin. While it may seem as though she’s about to kiss him, she instead diverts to his neck for a sniff before moving to his arm and back to his air. She pulls away and chimes, “done! Now I imprinted your scent to mind. If anything ever happens to you, I know where to find you-nya.” The raven-haired raises her eyes to the ceiling, index finger under her parted lips as she ponders. “You weirdly smell like a bunch of cats mixed with city air, and some other stuff I can't identify but have smelled on the breeze before.” She grins at the brunette understanding her allure to him. “So that’s why I’m attracted to you.” She plainly said. It appeared as though Dominic’s scented description was familiar to her. She knows for certain he’s someone to confide if the other felines have marked him.

Quickly, she pulls out a black booklet to an empty page and jot Dominic's name as well as the information she currently learned. “I hope you don't mind me putting your name in my booklet. I’m forgetful with normal stuff like names or interests. However, magic is the only exception where I do remember.” She shows him the first fist page with his name written on it. “You’re the first person on my list. I plan to make many more, so I’ll be counting on ya.”

Renji Diez
Finding his visual inspection of the maybe spy, probably mundane fox utterly fruitless either way with his total lack of any real ideas of how to tell the difference Renji instead decided to pay a bit more attention to the other students being sorted, among the more typical humans he saw the questioning cat girl from earlier along with a couple of others with pointed ears which he assumed marked them as some sort of elves unless certain varieties of aliens he'd also thought to be pure fiction a year ago were also real.

Watching one guy make a valiant effort to conceal his dismay at also being assigned to the Fourth Class had him wondering again if his own assignment was a particularly bad thing. Realising the same guy was coming his way Renji's tail warily raised a little from its mostly relaxed position then lowered again as the other spoke casually to him.
"It's Renji." He corrected with emphasis. "And yeah also got Fourth Class, I get the sense that's the lower end of the scale right?" It seemed a safe assumption to him since he was in it and no one had gotten any higher numbers called out. "Vahan wasn't it?" A lot of the names had gone over his head but making the weird hat call it out twice had made it stick in his mind long enough to start talking to the guy.

Wyll Wyll

Users who are viewing this thread

Back