• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Golden Oak Academy

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Vahan Thod
Interactions: Renji ( IG42 IG42 )
Mentions: Risa ( Clockwork_Magic Clockwork_Magic ), Rina ( Cmeriwether6 Cmeriwether6 )

Vahan nodded, impressed that this Renji character remembered his name. "Vahan's correct. Fire user and dungeon diver. At your service." As he introduced himself, he gave a fun little bow. Standing up straight one more, he looked over his shoulder at the sorting hat and huffed. "Aye, from what I understand, Fourth Class isn't exactly king of the hill". But then Vahan turned and looked at Renji with a devious grin. "But you know what, Renji? Something tell me that hat was wrong about both of us. And I say we make it our mission to prove that hat wrong".

He looked around at the hall. Some had started mingling; some were keeping to themselves; some were already trying to get on the good side of the instructors - Vahan would never stood to such lev...actually. Actually, having an instructor or two on his side might not be such a bad idea. Vahan's pride was absolutely repulsed at the idea, but the logical part of him could see the merit in it.

Realizing that he had zoned out thinking about instructors, he quickly looked back to Renji. "Also, there are a couple others around here that seem like they'd be interesting to get to know. Like those two..." He nodded his head toward a pointy-eared girl and the red-haired girl she was talking to, who were talking not too far away from Vahan and Renji. "I heard one of them say they're a pretty strong water user. I think we should go say hi." His eyes sparkled with determination. He was going to do anything in his power to get higher than Fourth Class, but not having to do it alone was a separate but equally fascinating idea.

In a way, coming here was like a dungeon or tomb he was exploring; having to explore by testing the waters, trusting your instincts and taking things slow. As long as he remembered to think of this whole school and making friends thing as any other adventure he'd gone on, then maybe it wouldn't be so bad after all. That theory is still yet to be proven though - but it's good enough to go with for now.

Destri Lin - 002

Destri skids to a stop at the entrance of the Great Hall, and takes a second to take a look around. Just like the outside, everything is massive. Stained glass windows make the Hall gleam in the sunlight, and the towering columns seem to shine.

Destri refocuses on Master Alaric. Thankfully, he is already mostly done with his speech, and soon, Destri is lined up with the others to get sorted. She watches as many other students have the Sorting Hat set on their heads, and promptly get sent to their respective classes. After a while of waiting, it's her turn, and she gets sorted into Fourth Class, as expected. She steps down, and glances around at the other people around her, already conversing. She almost starts to walk over to a pair that don't seem to be as engrossed in conversation, but stops.

She doesn't really know how to talk to people, does she? After all that time spent studying with her teachers back home, and trying her best to ignore all other possible responsibilities, to put it simply, she doesn't actually remember how people work. Destri doesn't quite understand people are supposed to interact with one another, or how to read social cues, or how to make people like her. Back home, she had been told quite a lot that she was 'too loud' or 'too fidgety' or 'too distracted'. If she did try to talk to someone, would that show through?

Destri only realises that she has frozen up when someone roughly nudges her in the back. She jumps a bit, before apologising and quickly stepping off to the side. She winds up at one of the tables and, thinking of nothing better to do, starts to slowly stroll around the outside of the crowd – well, as slowly as she can make herself do, anyways – and starts to take a look at all the people around her. There's a guy with black hair talking to someone who she thinks is a catgirl, and someone else, maybe half-some other animal, with greyish hair having a conversation with some taller guy, among others. No one seems to have noticed her yet, which is fair. Still, she kind of wishes that someone would end up just walking up and talking to her, but she gets the feeling that something like that would be unlikely.

At least for now, anyways, she can just watch.

Dominic Hawthorne
Interactions: Darcy ( Pumpkid Pumpkid
Mentions:
N/A

As Dominic watched Darcy blush at his compliment, he couldn't help but feel a surge of affection for her. She was so genuine and open, wearing her heart on her sleeve in a way that was both endearing and refreshing. Her bashful demeanor only served to deepen his admiration for her, and he found himself drawn to her warmth like a moth to a flame.

"You'll be an amazing friend, Darcy," Dominic reassured her with a warm smile.

"I can already tell. And you're right, encouragement is something everyone needs, especially in a world as unpredictable as ours."

As Darcy's expression turned somber, Dominic felt a pang of empathy for her. He could sense the weight of her past experiences, the struggles she had faced. But even in the face of adversity, Darcy remained resilient, her determination shining through like a beacon of hope.

"It sounds like you've been through a lot," Dominic said softly, his voice filled with empathy.

"But you're stronger for it. And I have no doubt that you'll accomplish great things."

As Darcy's eyes lit up with excitement at the prospect of exploring the mysteries of magic together, Dominic couldn't help but feel a surge of excitement. Her enthusiasm was infectious, reigniting his own sense of wonder and curiosity.

"I'm glad you think so," Dominic replied, his voice tinged with excitement.

"And I agree, magic is a never-ending adventure. With you by my side, I have no doubt we'll uncover some incredible secrets."

As Darcy leaned in and tipped his chin, Dominic couldn't help but feel a flutter of anticipation in his chest. But instead of a kiss, Darcy surprised him with a sniff, her actions both confusing and adorable. He couldn't help but laugh at her antics, his heart swelling with affection for her.

"Imprinting my scent, huh?" Dominic chuckled, his eyes twinkling with amusement.

"Well, I suppose that's one way to ensure you can find me if you ever need to."

As Darcy pulled out her black booklet and began jotting down his name, Dominic felt a surge of warmth at the gesture. It was clear that she valued their friendship, and he couldn't help but feel touched by her thoughtfulness.

"I don't mind at all," Dominic replied with a smile, his heart overflowing with gratitude.

"In fact, I'm honored to be the first person on your list. And you can count on me, Darcy. I'll always be here for you."

Corrina "Rina" Appler, Supposedly Blessed Human, Golden Oak Academy

Rina was surprised about Risa being Homeschooled, then saw her finger pointing to Risa's eyes. She then asked a very personal question. A question about the marks around her eyes. Rina was not expecting this, and prepared to answer to the best of her ability from the knowledge she had.

"The marks around my eyes are not any sort of makeup, I was born with them," Rina responded, "It matches other marks around my body, I don't know much about them or how my Water Magic is stronger than Average. Homeschooled? Sounds very different from my own life."

As Rina looked down at Anas, she noticed he was asleep. Eventually she saw something out of the corner of her eye, two boys speaking, when she went to see what was going on, she accidentally bumped Anas as she did so. Her Mallard Duck woke up, looking at Rina, then back to sleep. Rina had spoke the truth, she had not known much about either of those things.

Interactions: Risa ( Clockwork_Magic Clockwork_Magic )
Mentions (indirectly): Renji ( IG42 IG42 ), Vahan ( Wyll Wyll )

Darcy Lockheart
Interactions: Dominic Stretch Stretch Destri creativeflowers creativeflowers
872855fc1cfe340fe1bc0a65285a9830.jpg Darcy smiles softly at Dominic, thankful for the compliment. She did learn to overcome tough situations, and with experience comes wisdom. There is still a long way to go for her to be able to understand social norms. Darcy chuckled bashfully at the slight jest of her invading Dominic’s bubble. She was surprised by how well he took her weird interaction. It’s a huge relief on her back. “I know danger tends to lurk everywhere, and since we just became acquainted, I’d hate to lose my first friend.”

It warmed her heart to know Dominic felt mutual. What was strange is how easily he approved of her. Not that she was complaining. It’s been her past experiences that have led her to believe everyone gave the same reaction. Each person she tried to befriend was either scared away or paralyzed from the awkwardness. Maybe it’s another reason Darcy felt close to him already. Non judgemental, and his aura felt like a warm welcome embrace is enough to alleviate all of her difficult trials. There is proof of kind hearts existing. It's a rewarding feeling to meet a kindred spirit.

As Darcy internally contemplated, she had forgotten she isn't alone. A wide grin begins to spread across her face before abruptly shooting to her feet. “We should celebrate!” Her head whips in every direction, searching for something. “There has got to be snacks around here or are we going to move on? I don't want to miss the next step but this is also important.”

Darcy starts to cross through the crowd on a mission to find some when she notices a strawberry-blonde girl sitting alone observing others mingle. Darcy’s heart drops at the sight. There is nothing worse than loneliness. She knew a thing or two whenever Ruby would run errands until she finally decided to bring her along as long as she behaved. Waiting on nothing and anything at the same time to happen while left with idle thoughts in an empty room. The cat-girl detours over to her forgetting her objective with a short, “hello” before taking the girl’s hand and dragging her back over to her table where Dominic remained now face to face with Darcy. “I found a new friend-nya! She was sitting alone all bummed out lookin’ to me. So I brought her along to get to know her and expand our friend group.” She chirped. Darcy has the strawberry-blonde sit in between them. She turns to the girl with a smile. “My name is Darcy Lockheart, by the way. What is your name?”

Renji Diez
"Dungeon diver?" Renji echoed questioningly, anywhere else he would have thought that meant a hardcore LARPer or MMO raider but here it seemed it could be a lot more literal, he also recalled from his initial rushed crash course in magic that it was generally divided into elements along with aether which just seemed to be whatever was leftover to him. "Oh right I got magic windy....stuff?" He got the impression from those around them that it was pretty typical to share that sort of thing for whatever reason.

Finding himself returning Vahan's grin with a smile of his own he cast a sidelong glance towards the hat. "Speak for yourself, if it's measuring by what we know already at least. Definitely seems it wasn't going by motivation." Vahan seemed pretty driven but in a slightly crafty way, Renji wondered if Vahan had approached him on account of similar craftiness that kitsune and foxes in general were associated with. "And it just so happens the people you want to check out are both girls?" He said with a smirk thinking that the other guy might've just been picking up a wingman which seemed refreshingly normal to him. "Unless you came to me first for that sort of thing instead."

Unwilling to start off by taking a complete backseat to Vahan he took it upon himself to approach the pair finding that the combined oddity of one girl's pointed ears and the sea green patches on the other's skin ironically made it easier not to stare at either one of them too long. "Hola amigas, name's Renji. My friend Vahan and I thought we should introduce ourselves since we seem to have ended up in the same class."

Wyll Wyll Cmeriwether6 Cmeriwether6 Clockwork_Magic Clockwork_Magic

Vahan Thod
Interactions: Renji ( IG42 IG42 ), Risa ( Clockwork_Magic Clockwork_Magic ), Rina ( Cmeriwether6 Cmeriwether6 )​

At Renji questioning Vahan's dungeon diving reference, he nods and states once more, as if saying something multiple times ever helped anyone. Despite not going into much detail about it, it was clear that dungeon diving is something that Vahan takes great pride in. After all, those dungeons served as his first training ground and it was in those same dungeons where he proved himself.

Vahan also noted that Renji was a wind magic user, which piqued his interest slightly. He hadn't met many, typically surrounded by fire and earth magic users, so meeting one of his first wind users at the school was something to note. Maybe his time here wouldn't be a complete waste after all. A little part of him got to wondering what Renji could do with his "magic...windy...stuff" but figured that that information would come over time.

Now, Vahan would have mentioned something about Renji's comment on not really knowing much magic. However, Renji raiswed a far more amusing thought - the fact that the students he had pointed out were both girls. Vahan chuckled and shrugged. "It wasn't, but hey, it definitely doesn't-" Vahan was cut off as Renji went over and introduced himself to the girls, an audible gasp leaving his mouth. "You sly little..." Vahan would have called him a sly little fox, and suddenly it made all the sense why he was a kitsune. He couldn't help but chuckle to himself. Something about this Renji fellow gave Vahan the feeling that the two of them would become very fast friends.

Shaking his head in amusement, Vahan walked over to the trio, waving as Renji introduced him. It was amusing hearing Renji refer to Vahan as his friend, given that it was only a few seconds ago that Vahan was thinking about what great friends he and Renji could be. After all, if nothing else, Renji seemed like the kind of person he could get in trouble with and that was never something Vahan would complain about. Hopefully, he hit it off with these two as well as he hit it off with Renji. "He also meant to ask to ask what your names were, but he was too busy stealing my thunder," he added good-naturedly, chuckling as he joined the conversation.

Dominic Hawthorne
Interaction: Darcy ( Pumpkid Pumpkid ), Destri ( creativeflowers creativeflowers )

Mention: N/A

Dominic nodded in understanding as Darcy spoke of the dangers that lurked around every corner, a silent agreement passed between them that the world can be a challenging place to navigate alone.

"I couldn't agree more," Dominic replied, his tone sincere.

"It's important to stick together and look out for one another, especially in a place as vast and mysterious as Golden Oak Academy."

As Darcy's grin widened and she suggested celebrating, Dominic's eyes lit up with excitement.

"I'm all for it!" he exclaimed, scanning the room for any sign of refreshments.

"Snacks sound like a fantastic idea, but let's make sure we don't miss out on anything important either."

Before he could move, however, Darcy's attention was drawn to a lone figure sitting off to the side. Dominic watched with interest as Darcy approached the girl, her heart clearly filled with compassion for someone in need of company.

As Darcy returned with the strawberry-blonde girl in tow, Dominic couldn't help but be impressed by her kindness and inclusivity. He offered the newcomer a warm smile as Darcy introduced herself and invited her to join them.

"Hello," Dominic said, his voice friendly.

"It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Dominic Hawthorne." He gestured to the seat beside him, inviting the girl to sit and join their conversation.

Dominic savored the joy of swiftly forging a connection, buoyed by the delightful discovery of a friend as distinct and extraordinary as Darcy. Their serendipitous encounter left him elated, relishing the promise of a bond that promised to be both rare and cherished. And now there's a potential chance he can make another.

Master Alaric
Interaction: All students ( Wyll Wyll , IG42 IG42 , Pumpkid Pumpkid , Cmeriwether6 Cmeriwether6 , creativeflowers creativeflowers , felideli felideli Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Clockwork_Magic Clockwork_Magic , Daylight Fantasy Daylight Fantasy )

As the final names slipped from the Sorting Hat's brim, Master Alaric's voice cut through the air like a clarion call, commanding the undivided attention of every student gathered in the Great Hall.

"And so it has been decided! Now that all the assortments have been finalized we have reached the nigh-conclusion of our orientation!!" Master Alaric displayed a joyful expression and spoke with such warm grandeur that his own excitement seeped through his words and infected some of the students.

"We only have one last thing to do and that would be dorm assignments!" Master Alaric's exuberant proclamation echoed through the Great Hall, his eyes sparkling with jubilation as he announced the culmination of the sorting process, his infectious enthusiasm spreading among the assembled students like wildfire.

"Please, behold." Master Alaric's voice resonated with a commanding yet mesmerizing tone, as the instructor gestured gracefully, conjuring a shimmering magical scribe in the air that began to transcribe a message with elegant strokes. It read:

Dorm Assignments:

Female

- Darcy Lockhart and Destri Lin

- Corrina Appler and Risa Araki

- Ariadne Starborne

Male

- Renji Diez and Archer Sterling

- Vahan Thod and Dominic Hawthorne

- Gustave Nemu

"These are your dorm assignments! Now that you know, all are dismissed until tomorrow! Have a magnificent evening!! And more so..." Master Alaric's booming voice filled the hall, his hand swung in a grand arc as vibrant magical sparks and bursts illuminated the Great Hall in a dazzling display, casting an enchanting glow over the eager students, marking the end of the day's festivities with a spectacle of magic and wonder.

"...Welcome to Golden Oak Academy!!!"

Risa Araki
1710054677275-png.1149463

Interactions: Rina ( Cmeriwether6 Cmeriwether6 ), Renji ( IG42 IG42 ), Vahan ( Wyll Wyll )
Mentions: None​

Risa was a bit surprised when Rina explained that the green marks around her body were something that she was born with, moreover that there were apparently more than just the ones around her eyes. "I see..." Risa responded, feeling a little awkward for having asked the question like that before the topic of the conversation moved to the fact that she was homeschooled. "Yea, well my dad was a mage so he taught me the basics of how to control my magic. And then there's my ste-er..." After catching that little slip of the tongue, she continued. "My mom who's an alchemist who taught me basic alchemy. We live in a pretty far out place in the country, so my parents figured it would be a hassle to find and send me to a decent academy while growing up... well until now at least. 'There's nothing left for us to teach you' and 'You should spread your wings' and all that jazz, right?" She let out a little chuckle after she said that.

But before she could say anything else to Rina, a guy with gray hair approached them, not long followed by a tall guy, saying something about the first guy 'stealing his thunder.' Wait, what did that mean though? Rina pondered to herself while the newcomers drew attention from Basel from within his cage, the hawk's eyes moving back and forth between the two guys. "Right, well, my name is Risa Araki. Safe to assume that both of you are also in Fourth Class then?"

At that moment, the headmaster once again drew everyone's attention, to the front of the hall, this time for dorm assignments. Risa could feel her heart start beating faster for a bit in a moment of bated breath as names started to be written in the air. Her eyes scanned over the mass list of names written down, hoping that whoever she got partnered with wouldn't be too hard to get along with. After a few moments of scanning, she eventually came across her name, a wave of relief washing over her. She turned to Rina. "It looks like we're gonna be rooming together, Rina." She gave the redhead a smile as she said that before turning to the two guys. "Did you guys find your names yet, err... Renji, right? And... umm..." Risa combed her memory for the 'thunder' guy's name. Come on, I swear I should know it... probably... ahhh what did he introduce himself as??? After a few moments, of trying to remember if she remembered his name, she begrudgingly accepted defeat. "Sorry, what was your name again?"

Destri Lin - 003
interactions: Darcy [ Pumpkid Pumpkid ], Dominic [ Stretch Stretch ]

Destri gets pulled out of her thoughts by getting literally pulled over to a table by the girl she saw earlier. "Wha—" she started, pausing in an attempt to rebalance herself on the table. She glanced up. Standing nearby her was a dark-haired guy, more specifically, the one she saw talking with the girl who dragged her over. She glances at said girl, just before she is sat down in between the two. She almost misses the girl's — no, Darcy's question, and after a noticeably delayed nod, takes a second to respond.

"Oh," Destri says, "Uh, hiya there, my name is Destri Lin. I'm in Fourth Class, as I am assuming both of you are too? I saw you going up to the Sorting Hat, I think." She smiles politely. "It's nice to meet you." She turns to the other person – Dominic, she learns – waving at him a little. She fiddles with the clasp of her capelet, tracing the pointed spikes with her fingers and wincing as she pricks her finger for about the billionth time that day. Logically, she should probably get a new clasp that won't hurt her fingers half the time, but she likes the way this one looks, and besides, she doesn't have all that much money to spend on something as small as a clasp. Destri pauses. "I apologise if I seem a bit out of it right now," she says, "I am pretty tired from the trip here, and I woke up earlier than usual this morning."

Destri turns back to the front as Master Alaric starts talking again. She inadvertently smiles at his infectious cheer. After a little while longer of waiting, she sees her name at the top of the dorm assignments list, along with Darcy. She turns to face her new friend.

"So, we are roommates now, I guess."

Last edited:
Corrina "Rina" Appler, Supposedly Blessed Human, Golden Oak Academy.

Rina was listening to what Risa had to say about her life, when she explained that her father was a Mage, and had taught her what he could to help control her power. It was at that point, she responded to Risa.

"I took Archery and Martial arts to help with my power. Those two helped me With being calmer with things."

As Rina was about to continue, Anas spotted the two who came over, and sat with Rina, watching the boys. Rina then turned around to say something.

"Hello, I'm Rina Appler, Fourth Class, you must be Renji and Vahan? Did I get that right?"

The Headmaster then called everyone back to his attention at that moment. He then gave the final announcement, alongside the list of dorms. She was worried that she was going to get roomed with someone she had no clue who the person was, however all the worries went away when she read the rooming and her name.

"That's great to hear, Risa, that we're roommates!"

As Rina heard Risa speak to the two boys that approached, she then turned back to them after learning about her roommate.

"Sorry about that, however, If can reiterate, Your names are Renji and Vahan? Is that correct?"

Interactions: Risa ( Clockwork_Magic Clockwork_Magic ), Renji ( IG42 IG42 ), Vahan ( Wyll Wyll )

ARCHER STIRLING
Interaction: N/A
Mention: Renji ( IG42 IG42 ), RIna( Cmeriwether6 Cmeriwether6 ), Vahan Wyll Wyll , Risa Clockwork_Magic Clockwork_Magic

Archer stood idly around the hall. He wasn't having the most grandest of times as he only ever looked over other student's outfits and raised his eyebrow at a few of them. Archer crossed his arm dully, impatiently waiting for the ceremony would hurry up so he would have something to do.

A booming voice was heard by Archer. Assuming that the origin of the voice is the grandmaster of the academy, he perked up and straighten his poster as he walked closer to where the dorm list were. He leaned forward to find his name on the list. Raising his eyebrow when he was paired with someone named Renji, he looked around to see if someone would mutter out a name that sounded like it. "Renji, huh," he muttered under his breath as his ears perked up when he heard a red haired girl and a group of other students mentioned the name.

Last edited:

Darcy Lockheart
Interactions: Destri creativeflowers creativeflowers Dominic Stretch Stretch
872855fc1cfe340fe1bc0a65285a9830.jpg Destri is the name of Darcy’s new friend, in fourth class too. “Yeah, that was embarrassing for me. I’m good with magic. Somewhat.” She chuckled. Destri’s voice was rather small, yet polite; and her small fidgets show signs of her character being timid. She even went as far as to apologize for her demeanor. Darcy awes then rests her head against Destri’s shoulder in hopes of comforting the girl. Her feline instincts urged her to rub her cheek against them.

Darcy’s attention diverts to the headmaster. The sorting has finished. The final step is assigning dorms. Headmaster Alaric conjures a scribe with a list of names separated between male and female which means the dorms are not Co-ed. Darcy didn't understand the boundaries between genders. Being a human girl is still new to her. As Darcy reads her name on the parchment, she discovers her roommate is coincidentally the girl she’s currently conversing with. The headmaster signs off by welcoming the students to the academy in a grand way. The sight of fireworks mesmerizes Darcy. “That was an amazing display of magic. That old man knows how to wow a crowd. I wonder if he can teach me how to make the sky light up like that.” She turns to Destri and Dominic, “didn’t you think that was cool?” She wraps her arms around Destri’s filled with excitement when the girl mentioned being roommates. “I’m super psyched to bunk with you. We’re going to have lots of fun-nya.”

While the news was overwhelming, one thing bothered Darcy. Her mismatched eyes shift to Dominic. “But…we’re not sharing a room together.” She hangs her head dejected the same way Dominic found her.

Dominic Hawthorne
Interaction: Darcy ( Pumpkid Pumpkid )
Mention: Destri ( creativeflowers creativeflowers )

Dominic observed the exchange between Darcy and Destri, he couldn't help but be drawn to the timid yet polite demeanor of the newcomer, noting her small fidgets and apologetic tone with a soft smile playing at his lips.

As Master Alaric continued with the dorm assignments, Dominic's gaze flit between the message and Darcy, a flicker of amusement dancing in his eyes as he watched her react to finding out she and Destri will be roommates. He offered a supportive nod as Darcy rested her head on Destri's shoulder.

When Darcy turned her attention back to the front, Dominic's eyes followed suit, taking in the grand spectacle of magical fireworks that lit up the Great Hall. He couldn't help but marvel at the display, impressed by Master Alaric's ability to captivate the crowd with his mastery of magic.

Turning back to Darcy and Destri, Dominic nodded enthusiastically in agreement.

"Absolutely, that was incredible," he agreed, his voice filled with genuine admiration.

"And I have no doubt that Master Alaric could teach us a thing or two about making the sky light up like that."

Dominic's heart softened at Darcy's dejected expression, understanding her disappointment at not being roommates. With a gentle smile, he leaned in closer, his voice a soothing murmur meant for her ears alone.

"Don't worry, Darcy," he said softly, his gaze warm and reassuring.

"Even if we're not sharing a room, we'll still be close friends. And who knows, maybe we can sneak in some late-night chats or magical practice sessions together."

His words were filled with genuine sincerity, a silent promise to make the most of their newfound friendship regardless of the dormitory arrangements.

Destri Lin - 004

Destri tenses a bit when Darcy rests her head on her shoulder, then relaxes a split second later. Her new friend is very touchy. She grins at Darcy's statement. "It is fine," she says, "I am sure that is not the worst thing someone has done." She absentmindedly braids a strand of loose hair back before letting it loose and starting again.

She tilts her head a little at Darcy and Dominic's praise of Master Alaric's magic usage. Destri thinks for a moment before answering. "It really was quite pretty," she admits, twirling her finger through the air in a rough approximation of the writing, "And graceful too."

Destri turns slightly towards Darcy. She frowns when she sees the crestfallen look on her face. She hums a bit at her friend's words, unsure about the implication that they would sneak into each other's rooms, before nodding in agreement. "We will definitely see you outside the dormitories sometime, right?" she asks him.

Destri glances up and rests her head on her palm. Maybe this isn't going to be as bad as she thought.

Last edited:
Renji Diez
Wincing a little at the loud announcement suddenly cutting into everyone's conversation Renji searched the list of dorm assignments until he found his name. "Archer Stirling?" He glanced at the other three around him in case the name had rung a bell with them. If he'd been given the option he supposed he would have gone with Vahan based on their five minute acquaintance but now he'd just have to hope his roommate was normalish enough, he was curious what accommodations would be for a fully inhuman student but he definitely didn't want to find out personally.

Either way there was three people right there he was trying to get in good with already before starting on someone else.
"That's right Renji Diez in full." He replied. "It's good to meet you Risa and Rina and make it an 'R' trifecta." He managed not to snicker when Risa lost track of Vahan's name but couldn't hide the returning smirk nor the amused swish in his tail. "Well seems we're done with the official stuff for now, want to explore a bit or do you want some help unpacking?"

Daylight Fantasy Daylight Fantasy Cmeriwether6 Cmeriwether6 Wyll Wyll Clockwork_Magic Clockwork_Magic

Darcy Lockheart
Interactions: Dominic Stretch Stretch Destri creativeflowers creativeflowers

872855fc1cfe340fe1bc0a65285a9830.jpg Darcy turns to Dominic as he assures her there will be times where his door will be open for whenever she needs it. His soft spoken words were soothing and genuine. Through the duration of their time together, she’s noticed how sweet he comes off. Treating her with gentle and care unlike anyone she's ever met. In a way it made her heart flutter in response. It’s possibly the reason Darcy is torn about their separation.

Destri even agreed to stay close. A promise between friends. The first for Darcy. How could she forget Destri will still be there too? How blind can the cat be? The two truly are great people. Darcy stands to wrap her arms around their heads for an embrace. “You guys really are the best. Thank you” She hummed, then pulled away. “We still need to celebrate. I recommend snacks, but I understand if there isn't any, we can explore the school? I’d love to see what this place has to offer before we settle in for the night. Hell, we can find a secret spot for us to get her.”

Darcy grins, returning to her old self. “What do you say?” She pauses realizing she's getting ahead of herself without consideration. A habit of hers that constantly gets her in trouble with Ruby. "I mean...if you want? Or we can do whatever you guys want to do. I'd really just like to get to know you guys."

Vahan Thod
Interactions: Risa ( Clockwork_Magic Clockwork_Magic ), Rina ( Cmeriwether6 Cmeriwether6 ), Renji ( IG42 IG42 )​

Vahan nodded in recognition to Risa and Rina as they introduced themselves. Before he got the chance to say anything, the Headmaster's powerful voice arrested the attention of everyone in the hall once more. Vahan turned to see the headmaster and give his attention. When the headmaster finishes, closing his speech with a brilliant display of fireworks, Vahan scoffs internally. "I can do that too..." he though to himself. He had this thing of getting jealous of cool magic. And while it was true that he could use his explosion magic for fireworks, his version certainly wasn't as big or impressive as the headmaster's. Vahan silently began a checklist of things he must do before he graduates...making fireworks like that was officially the first thing on that list.

He scanned the list of names for where he'd pop up and found that he was roomed with some guy names Dominic. Huh, should be interesting figuring out who that is. He looked around the room briefly, but there were way too many people milling around for him to even be able to start narrowing down potential suspects. Whoever they were, he just hoped they were fun and had cool magic he could learn from.

His attention returned to the party of three before him; or, as Renji called them, the 'R' Trifecta. Vahan chuckled at the name, shaking his head before turning to the two students they'd just met. One had made an amusing attempt at remembering his name while the other seemed to have picked it from when Renji introduced him. Nonetheless, he took one step back and offered a grandiose bow as he formally introduced himself. "Vahan Thod. Maker of mischief and crawler of caverns. At your service. Pleasure to meet you both." He couldn't exactly remember if that was how he had introduced himself to Renji but it was close enough.

He perked to Renji's question. Most of him wanted to explore and this seemed like about as good a group as any to explore with. However, there was another thought that crossed his mind. "Rina and Risa are all set with finding their roommates. Renji, you and I might want to go hunt ours down as well. Just so that we at least know them a little bit." He then turned to Risa and Rina. "And if the two of you don't mind tagging along, I'm sure the company would be appreciated."

Dominic Hawthorne
Interaction: Darcy ( Pumpkid Pumpkid ), Destri ( creativeflowers creativeflowers )

Attentively absorbing Destri's astute analysis of Master Alaric's magic, Dominic nodded in affirmation, his admiration evident in the spark of his eyes and the earnest tone of his voice.

"Absolutely," he concurred, his words carried a weight of genuine awe.

"His magic was nothing short of mesmerizing."

As Destri shifted her gaze toward him, her question about meeting outside the dormitories met with Dominic's smile, radiating warmth that reached his eyes.

"For sure,"
he responded, his voice laced with eagerness.

"I can't wait for our hangouts."

As Darcy rose, her genuine words of gratitude ignited a warmth within Dominic, he felt a profound connection blossom, a sense of camaraderie binding them all together. Touched by her heartfelt gesture, Dominic found himself enveloped in a shared moment of appreciation, weaving bonds of friendship with Darcy and Destri.

"You're welcome, Darcy,"
Dominic replied, his voice held a gentle sincerity that resonated warmly.

"And I extend my heartfelt gratitude as well. Having friends as genuine and supportive as you means the world to me."

Darcy's suggestion of celebrating with snacks or embarking on a school exploration sparked a glimmer of excitement in Dominic's eyes, reflecting his eagerness to deepen their newfound friendship and delve into the mysteries of Golden Oak Academy alongside them.

"I'm absolutely thrilled about exploring the school," Dominic exclaimed, his voice brimming with eagerness and anticipation.

With a reassuring smile directed at Darcy, Dominic expressed genuine gratitude for her inclusiveness and enthusiasm.

"Whatever we do, you can count me in," he declared.

"I'm open to any adventure, especially if it means spending time with you both."

Destri Lin - 005

Destri yelps quietly as she is pulled in for what she thinks is her second hug that day, electing to ignore that she doesn't absolutely hate it. That is an issue for her to tackle at a later date.

"You are welcome," she replies automatically to Darcy's statement, a small smile gracing her face.

She hums, tapping on the table anxiously, listening to Darcy speak. She thinks for a second, unsure of either suggestion. "I might end up following you two," she says after a moment, "I have no clue what to do, to be completely honest."

Destri pauses. "I mean, well," she adds, "What do you two want to do? I am fine with anything, so…" She trails off, unsure of what to say next. Her eyes shut for a moment before she can catch herself. She blinks. She must be more tired than she thought.

She turns her attention back to Dominic, who had evidently said something. She nods, not wanting to be caught out not listening during the conversation. "Yeah," she says quickly. She pauses, then admits "Although I am tired. Maybe we could start exploring a bit later? Right now, I do sort of want to sleep."

Darcy Lockheart
Interactions: Destri creativeflowers creativeflowers & Dominic Stretch Stretch
872855fc1cfe340fe1bc0a65285a9830.jpg Everyone was on board with exploring the school, however Destri vocalized how exhausted she was and voted to call it a night. Darcy recalls Destri mentioning how tired she was when she first introduced herself. How could Darcy selfishly forget about her well-being?

“I understand. Maybe we can look around another time. It wouldn't be much fun without you; but don't think you can get away next time.” She teased. “Oh, that reminds me…” Darcy grabs Destri’s hand and sniffs her arm up to her neck and hair to imprint her scent. She pulls away after a minute with a satisfied nod. “Done! We can escort you to your room.” Darcy turns to Dominic, “There is something I want to check out before I settle in. Would you mind joining me? I can't quite sleep without doing so.”

Excitement brews within Darcy wondering if there is perhaps a place with a great vantage point or at the very least a great scenery for her to relax. It’s always a pastime for her to enjoy the stillness of the night. When all is asleep and at peace.

Risa Araki
1710054677275-png.1149463

Interactions: Rina ( Cmeriwether6 Cmeriwether6 ), Renji ( IG42 IG42 ), Vahan ( Wyll Wyll )
Mentions: None​

"Ah, right, Vahan, sorry about that." Risa said after Rina said his name and he formally introduced himself. She chuckled a bit at that 'R Trifecta' comment Renji made before he and Vahan brought up the matter of unpacking and finding their own roommates. "I mean, I don't mind helping you guys search for your roommates but..." Risa took a look at her bags and Basel's cage beside her. "If you think it's gonna take a while, I kind of put my stuff in our room first. Don't really wanna have to carry all this around the hall for a while. Basel'll probably get a bit restless if we do, too." Risa slipped a finger in between the bars of her hawk's cage to stroke its feathers for a bit before turning back to the 2 guys. "If you guys want to go look around the campus after everything is sorted, I wouldn't mind that either."

Risa then looked over at her new roommate. "What do you think, Rina?"

Destri Lin - 006

Destri lets Darcy 'imprint' on her, as she had put it, and lets her arm drop to her side right after. She almost gets up to go to the dormitory for an early night, but Darcy mentions her wanting to go explore tonight and invites Destri to come with her.

Destri hesitates.

Of course, she is incredibly tired, both from the trip here and the restless night and early morning only a few hours before. Heck, she could barely keep her eyes open throughout the last conversation. She, logically, should probably be getting to sleep soon.

On the other hand, though, she really does want to see what Darcy wants to do, and she can probably last a few hours longer anyway. Most of all, however, she really does not want to make her new friend sad.

"I might join you two, actually," Destri says, glancing around at her friends, "I do not think I am tired enough to go to bed that early, anyways." She probably is actually that tired, exhausted even, but her friends probably don't need to know that. She can just take a weekend off if she really needs the extra rest.

Really, what's one sleepless night in the grand scheme of things, anyway?

Dominic Hawthorne

Turning his attention to Destri, Dominic spoke softly, his tone reassuring.

"Destri, there's no need to feel pressured to do anything tonight. Your comfort and rest are paramount. If sleep is what you need, then that's what we'll aim for. We can always continue our adventures another time, when you're feeling refreshed and ready."

With a warm smile, Dominic reached out to lightly pat Destri's hand.

"Rest easy, my friend. We'll be here whenever you're ready to join us again. And who knows? Tomorrow holds endless possibilities for exploration, and we'll be sure to include you every step of the way."

Dominic then turned to Darcy, intrigued by her sudden request.

"Darcy, you have a knack for making even the simplest of tasks sound like a grand adventure. I wouldn't dare refuse such a tempting invitation," Dominic replied, his eyes twinkling mischievously.

He leaned in closer, his voice lowering to a conspiratorial whisper, "Especially if it means stealing a moment alone with you under the starlit sky."

Destri's voice, imbued with a newfound energy, broke the silence as she declared her reversal of sentiment. Despite her earlier fatigue, she confessed her willingness to join them.

"Destri, are you sure?" Dominic asked, his voice soft.

He offered her a warm smile, tinged with a hint of concern. "While I'd love nothing more than to explore with you and Darcy, I couldn't bear the thought of you pushing yourself too hard. We have plenty of time ahead of us for adventures, and I'm certain Darcy would understand if you opted for a bit of rest tonight."

Dominic's gaze softened. "But if you're truly set on joining us, then let's have a blast. Just promise me you'll let us know if you start getting too tired or you need to rest, alright? Wouldn't want you wearing yourself out now would we?"

ARCHER STIRLING
Interaction: N/A​

Archer sighs as he listens into the conversation going on. He wasn't quite interested in the chatter around him, pulling out his box that he stored in his back pocket and fished a few rings to fit on his fingers. The jewelry shimmers in the academy's lights as Archer raised his hands to get a better look at them. He was satisfied of how the rings looked on his hands as he puts the box back into his pocket before taking another good look around the academy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back