• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Ten

Bad headache this morning, will try to have thoughts soon.
Kaerri Kaerri It's getting better!
Feel Better I Love You GIF by Chippy the Dog

Her husband made her coffee!
Upload Food Drink GIF

And I know she likes kitties so I'm'a post a kitty gif too! =) (O.K., several kitty gifs; I like 'em too! Does that last cat not look like he's "warming up his dice" and he's about to roll?) =)
Cat Kitten GIF
cat kitty GIF
Cat Kitty GIF

Then Beema speaks to a willing Taymee, whispering rapidly in what appears to be the Broo's native language. Taymee does a lot of nodding.
Eadric wants to listen, without being obviously (or rudely) eavesdropping. Not that he would be able to understand it, but he wants to get a sense of what the Broo language sounds like. (Later on he'll want to learn it, but that's a different step and a very different conversation). May he roll a Perception check?

Absolutely! Having seen you roll your Kitty d20 in front of my very eyes (and coming up with a "5"), I have to ask - what is Eadric's Perception modifier (which, by the way, this whole thing goes a little more efficiently if PCs provide that data prior to the roll)?

Oops, right. I blame the headache (which is much better now, but still). Eadric's modifier is +6.

Oops, right. I blame the headache (which is much better now, but still). Eadric's modifier is +6.
Kaerri Kaerri 11 doesn't quite make the hurdle and all Eadric hears is a very speedy exchange in something that is definitely not English. =)

Please roll a second time for another matter?

The result is a 7. This is a Perception check. The total is 13.

Eadric is not certain he will recognize this language again if he hears it elsewhere - knowing Eadric and his love of these things, I say he simply didn't hear enough of it during this exchange. Look forward to other such exchanges? =)

He's definitely looking forward to other such. ^3^

Having written my IC post now, I can say that most of my thoughts and suggestions are in there, brought to you by your new anthropologist.

Thought/suggestion which is not in there, because Eadric didn't get that far: Toph will probably want somewhere to put the knives she's done with. Possibly just setting them on the suit or on the table, if there's room? Though I'd be concerned about them falling off. (They aren't likely to damage the floor after the spirit-sharpness has been used up, but it seems disrespectful to just let them drop.) Maybe she could hand them to Mario and make this a full-group effort? (Aside from Cera, and I don't suggest that -- in fact I advise against it. Traverser she may be, but it's a bit much and a lot too early to ask Taymee to witness her sacred knives being held by a Meltrandi.)

Note: Edited the last few paragraphs of Eadric's post to reflect an attitude his martial arts experience, not to say his anthropological views of someone else's sacred artifacts, should give him.

I hope you feel better soon. I know the scourge of the migraine, and it sucks.

Toph closes her eyes at the sight of the Broo woman and Eadric sharing a moment together, trying to keep her focus on the task at hand. She then looks over at Hercules, and asks, "May I please see the notes you have? I need to familiarize myself with them before I start to cut the suit."
Psychie Psychie (playful teasing mode on) What's that? Toph is distracted?! Nooo... by what? What could Toph be distracted by that she has to close her eyes? Hee hee! (playful teasing mode off).

Seriously, Toph is trying so hard to keep on task - who can doubt that level of dedication? =)

Hercules nodded, his expression grim but collected.
"I've looked over the schematics that Cera provided as best I can. I've marked on Captain Sharp's armor where the seam lines are and the original locations of the locking clamps. I've also marked the thickest and thinnest parts with the exact thicknesses of the armor at those points. Sadly, I couldn't account for ablation of the armor due to the damage it's taken, so in areas where there's extensive damage, take the thicknesses as a guide, not an exact measurement."
He indicated the markings he'd made on the battered and burnt armor, pointing out the clamps and running a finger along the seams.
"If you need it, Mario and I can look to find some prybars to spread the armor once you've made some cuts, the easier to see where you're going?"
Just check out my man Hercules here putting every last bit of his mechanical knowledge, mecha maintenance, and vehicle armorer education to the table and laying it all out for Captain Sharp's benefit! Since there is no specific skill that covers how to repair mega-suits (if there is one, I cannot think of it at the moment), Hercules is neatly providing tech to a tech-related problem!

Go on with your bad self, Mr. Hercules! =)
time lapse car GIF by Mercedes-Benz

Heya Gang! I hope to post in here in game in the next day or so. Hope you're doing well and staying safe! =)

Psychie Psychie I keep forgetting to ask this - is Toph going to try to Traverse with one (or more) of the Kayliss knives? If so, when?

Toph nods. "I concur. White I would enjoy breaking new ground, now is not the time. Let's begin. There is no benefit to Captain Sharp to waiting."
The melted, pock-marked, ugly hunk of slag that used to be Captain Sharp's armor pleasantly and sleepily murmurs, "My name is Hiram Sharp and I approve of this message. March on, troops!" =)

(Anyone else think there is something pretty cool about freeing Captain Sharp during U.S. Memorial Day weekend?) =)

Psychie Psychie Ack! Sorry, I posted during my editing phase. Please reread it? Sorry about that!

Ack. Psychie Psychie What is Toph's true percentage for Medical Doctor? I require the second number, not the first (she knows what the problem is; I need her true percentage for treating the problem).

Ack. Psychie Psychie What is Toph's true percentage for Medical Doctor? I require the second number, not the first (she knows what the problem is; I need her true percentage for treating the problem).
Both numbers are at 98%, and did say earlier that I was going to use an Action Point

Psychie Psychie O.K.. Toph is a 10th level T.A.S.C. pilot with Field Medic M.O.S. with a 23 I.Q. nets her a grand total of 124%/114%. Please write this true percentage on her Character sheet in case I need it in the future?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back