• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Ten

Just tossing out a post for anyone who feels like posting. If there are no posts, I can just have folks crash after this heavy day (one of the busiest in Wild Cards history). =)

Also, I have something planned for when the Wild Cards wake up (in addition to Hercules visiting the armory - after a good night's sleep, he won't even have to roll to do what he's doing). But what is everyone in the mood for after that?

Typically, after missions, pilots get some off-time. You can spend that however you'd like, but if the team is hungry for action again, I'd like to see what you're each in the mood for. =)
I'll be posting tomorrow regardless. Eadric would like to check on BOOP before he crashes, if he's permitted, or tomorrow morning (after your planned thingy?) if he has to wait. He'd prefer to spend his off-time clarifying his status on board the Broadsword and learning more about the Broo, Traversing, and anything else people are willing to talk to him about. ^;3^

I honestly spaced on it. I'll add some content in traversing for him soon.

Psychie Psychie (Sorry to tag you so often today!)

Forgive me if I have asked this before (at least a year ago, I imagine). What specifically is Toph hoping to learn by watching brain-waves and medical monitors attached to a willing Traverser? Any benefit I can see from this will occur down the road after lots of data has been accumulated. But to what end? Examining for the sake of examination or is there another goal you have in mind?

She's a doctor, with a analytical mind that wants to classify and identify the biological traits of Traversing. Can it be learned by someone else? Is there a genetic marker for Traversing? Is there a chance that it is hereditary? Is there some kind of gene therapy that could give the ability of Traversing to another, non-Traverser? Stuff like that.

She's a doctor, with a analytical mind that wants to classify and identify the biological traits of Traversing. Can it be learned by someone else? Is there a genetic marker for Traversing? Is there a chance that it is hereditary? Is there some kind of gene therapy that could give the ability of Traversing to another, non-Traverser? Stuff like that.
Doctors come in... many, many varieties so I had to ask. Finally, somebody trying to get use out of that Biology Skill! =)

This sort of thing is going to take a long time. Toph is going to need data, data, and more data (and I don't mean the Star Trek: The Next Generation's Data). Then she'll need the time to get somewhere with it all. However, there have been times in my games where such dedication and research created a real benefit worth the work.

My only concern is this particular game runs really slow. Hmm.

No worries. This is the start of a career-defining paper on the subject. It can take her years and she'll be a happy camper the whole time she's working on it. In between times she's being sent out to fly a mission, of course!

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Whoops! I thought I asked this: Cap'n? When did Herc want to surprise everyone with his newly-made memorabilia?

Details: Since Herc will get a good night's sleep (along with everyone in the next scene), you'll all be waking up the next morning (perhaps wondering if all this was a dream but probably knowing better). Because Herc rested, he won't have to make rolls to craft what he's crafting. He can do this when everyone else wakes up and goes to the Mess for breakfast or sometime afterward?

As for what precisely Herc is making... well... sometimes it does a GM good to be in suspense too. =)

Are we skipping to the next morning then? I realize people haven't been posting (bored?) but it feels like ending midway through the conversation.

I'd prefer to finish the conversation, but if the PCs aren't going to, then I don't want to slow the game down (more than it already is).

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon

And Question Number Two for everybody ( I've got a weather-related headache here so forgive any typos, please).

I am in the mood for another Mecha adventure, but this one less involved than the last. Just the Wild Cards. Kind of like when you guys raided the Anti-Unification League but different circumstances big time.

But what are you guys in the mood for? More social role playing? Cyclone action? Hand hand S.D.C. action? Something else entirely? What fits your fancies?

Frankly? I'm in the mood for people posting. I realize some of our players have offline stuff keeping them busy, but just based on publicly-visible forum activity, that's clearly not the case for everybody.

It shouldn't require tag after tag after tag to remind folks that this game exists.

I have been busy lately, but I was under the impression that we were going to have some good mecha-on-mecha action looking for the Ice-9, but that was cut short when Admantium recovered it instead. So, if we are going to have a good mecha battle, I would like it to be a tough match where we get to try out the Mjolnir tanks in a hearty battle, with the fliers in their Veritechs, all kicking ass and taking names. I'd be down for that.

I'm terribly sorry for my absence, I'm currently in the middle of finding out if I can get a mortgage to buy the apartment I'm living in before my landlord sells it. If I can't I'll need to either find out if I can afford how much the new landlord is going to charge me or if I need to find a new apartment. My mind isn’t into role-playing currently.

Captain Hesperus

Last edited:
I'm terribly sorry for my absence, I'm currently in the middle of finding out if I can get a mortgage to buy the apartment I'm living in before my landlord sells it. If I can't I'll need to either find out if I can afford how much the new landlord is going to charge me or if I need to find a new apartment. My mind isn’t into role-playing currently.

Captain Hesperus
Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus And yet, you managed a big Hercules post anyway! Thank you, Cap'n! And really - best of luck with the apartment! If that's not "Real Life," I don't know what is. =)

I'd be down for that.
Thanks for the vote, Sherwood!

I'm down for whatever the others are interested in. Eadric would like more Technopathy practice, but I expect he'll find (or make) opportunities for that whatever we do. ^;3^

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon

Two more (pretty important) questions:

1. Does anyone's characters want to answer Eadric's questions before I "turn the page?"

2. What do you and your characters want to do (besides see mecha action in our future)? I have two relatively short scenes planned for after the Wild Cards wake up (one of those involves Hercules and his own plans). But how about after that? The Broadsword is active 24 hours a day, so something is always going on somewhere, but so too the world outside of the Broadsword (Antarctica included). The Wild Cards are due for some downtime. Other folks are on medical until further notice (Captain Sharp, all of Adamantium besides Taymee who is basically on loan to you guys).

So if you guys had, say 48 hours to yourselves, how would you spend it? Would you rather me fast-forward to the next mission? Is there something you would rather have your characters doing in the meantime? I don't mean waiting for things like Eadric's transfer (which, of course, must take place if he is to be a Wild Card) - I mean as Players, what reasonable actions would you like to see the Wild Cards doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back