• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Ten

Math - Psychie, your selection of dice - my metal green-and-whites rolled a very high 87% on the die with a 20% reduction modifier from her Action Point (4 was the best of both d6 results). 114-40 = 74 or lower required to make the cut. Your total must be under that.

87-20 = 67.

Damned if Toph just didn't dodge a bullet! WHOO! =)

Psychie Psychie O.K.. Toph is a 10th level T.A.S.C. pilot with Field Medic M.O.S. with a 23 I.Q. nets her a grand total of 124%/114%. Please write this true percentage on her Character sheet in case I need it in the future?
I didn't know we weren't capping out at 98%. I'll have to do some editing when I have time.

Psychie Psychie No worries. I think I only came out and talked about it in O.C.C. at some point. Doing Alex's character sheet in Pips's game reminded me and I'm glad it did. Had Toph the 98% on your character, she would have definitely failed that roll.

However, we're not quite done. There are two more "cuts" (die rolls) to make. Both use Medical Doctor (114%). Not to eat up your Action Points, but how do you want to "doctor" these rolls?

I will continue to use action points to counter my negatives
(Now that the site is back up - it was slow or dead on my end for nearly an hour.)

Psychie Psychie With a good solid roll, you'll only need one. A failed roll and we're in trouble. A roll in between? An Action Point might mean the difference between success and failure as we just saw.

This is probably the second-most reason I try not to use the RP Nation dice roller in my own games (the first being I can't stand how it screws you guys and me in the most inopportune of moments), and that is the suspense of rolling real polyhedrons.

I hope they treat you better in this next round. =)

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon

Heya Gang! Another note here, this one personal - I just realized - I'll be downright pissed if the dice screw Colonel (Capt.) Sharp here. Like they very nearly just did.

I have long felt that a good Game Master lets either the dice kill the PCs or the PCs own true choices. I've "buried" enough NPCs (like Sgt. Booty) because what happened was simply true. I didn't plan it; it just happened that way. Real Life is like that sometimes and so I include it. I can't be that Game Master who is not above allowing death to come even for my most favorite NPCs. Like Bria. Bria died once. Ask Kaerri. It sucked. Happened during tabletop. Dice got her. Polyhedrons.

But guess what? My Players surprised me yet again. Kaerri formed a crew and brought Bria's willing soul back in one heck of a mind and emotion-twisting adventure. Otherwise, none of you here would have ever even met Bria of the Ko. Because I would not have brought her back to Sharseya. When PCs die in-game? We all have a chat about "do you want to play them again?" When one of mine die? Especially in a game like Broadsword where resurrection is not an option?

OOF.

But Hiram Sharp? I have been playing this most-excellent, courageous, and gentlemanly tanker of tankers for longer than some of my Players have been alive (on and offsite for RP Nation). If the dice kill him right here, I might have to take a break from the game for a bit. I think that's why I'm posting this.

As for Sherwood? Shoot. Colonel Sharp was Captain Sherwood's favorite guy to look up to. Solid as a rock and ten times as hard-charging.

Dice, if you fuck him, I swear I will permanently toss you in the garbage and see you on your way out to the street for pickup. Heh! =)

I must be a lifelong gamer or something! Just telling you all how I feel. Love ya!

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

And what do you know? 19 on my white-and-green percentiles with a 5 (best out of 2d6) on the Action Point.

Psychie? Looks like you get to keep that third Action Point, lady! Writing the in-game post now before bed. =)

And now, after much math and three satisfying-to-write posts, I'm going to bed.

Without throwing away any of my dice. =)

Hope you guys and gals are doing well, in or out of Dreamland!

Thanks for the Great Scene, Psychie! Just feels good! =)

(Part 2 of 2 with a possible Part 3 of 2.) =)
Cant Argue Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

I didn't know we weren't capping out at 98%. I'll have to do some editing when I have time.
I've known this for a long while now and was going to quote the house rules where I read it... except I can't find it there, nor in the character creation guide nor the leveling guide. Dannigan Dannigan is it in one of those places and I've missed it?

Also, as I understand it, it's a sort of soft-cap, in that we'll still always have that 2% chance to fail, but when negatives come into play, Dann will take them off the total (114% or whatever), which really helps for times like these. ^D^

"Thanks, Hitomi!" He starts to wave, but remembers he's still got the tissue in his hand. Instead he waves with his other hand, then folds up the tissue and tucks it in his pocket.
And thus we avoid one of these moments! 8D
200.gif

And in our sci-fi game, we have Psychie, Sherwood, and Cap'n who have posted.

Anyone else intend on posting before I post again? (Please don't think I am trying to rush anyone; that's not it - I am instead trying to keep my "finger on the pulse of the game" for the best results for all involved.) =)

He would have cooked himself something, but between his tiredness and his soreness, he didn't trust that his efforts wouldn't result in a fire or, even worse, burnt food.
This kind of post can only be put together by the person playing the PC. This is one big reason as a Game Master that I do my utmost not to play anyone else's PC - I don't feel I can do it justice like this quote above!

If that statement isn't Herc-worthy, I don't know what is! Ha ha! Good going, Cap'n! =)

As you dine, what do you talk about?
Waiting a little to see if any of the PCs will answer Eadric's barrage of Traversing-related questions so that I know how he'll react to that (or to the lack of it). ^;3^

Just tossing out a post for anyone who feels like posting. If there are no posts, I can just have folks crash after this heavy day (one of the busiest in Wild Cards history). =)

Also, I have something planned for when the Wild Cards wake up (in addition to Hercules visiting the armory - after a good night's sleep, he won't even have to roll to do what he's doing). But what is everyone in the mood for after that?

Typically, after missions, pilots get some off-time. You can spend that however you'd like, but if the team is hungry for action again, I'd like to see what you're each in the mood for. =)

Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie Just so I'm clear on it, should I take from Mario and Toph's latest posts that they (or you) think Cera's answer is enough, or are they just ignoring Eadric's questions about Traversing and the blue world?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back