• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Ten

Last call before I get the story moving.

Edited Eadric's last post. When I wrote it, I forgot he doesn't really know about cores yet.

I saw. Thank you.
Psychie Psychie This is something Professor Stein taught you guys in class here on the Broadsword literally at least a year ago in Real Life. A thing easily missed.

You are welcome to adjust Toph's post if you like? You have noticed that Zyorna Kirin's concern is not anything involving technopathy, but instead, the Beast People? Just tossing that out there. =)

Psychie Psychie This is something Professor Stein taught you guys in class here on the Broadsword literally at least a year ago in Real Life. A thing easily missed.

You are welcome to adjust Toph's post if you like? You have noticed that Zyorna Kirin's concern is not anything involving technopathy, but instead, the Beast People? Just tossing that out there. =)
I had forgotten about the simple Technopathy talents that we all have from all that long time ago, so yes I will tweak my post. What kind of vibe is Toph getting from her mother about the Broo? Is she wary, positive, or something else?

I had forgotten about the simple Technopathy talents that we all have from all that long time ago, so yes I will tweak my post. What kind of vibe is Toph getting from her mother about the Broo? Is she wary, positive, or something else?
Excellent question! I love questions like this!

Great curiosity along with a touch of surprise!

As the one person in the room who, despite their great time apart, knows Zyorna Kirin better than anyone else, her expression and tone tell Toph that her mother appears to be curious. Perhaps about how Toph interacts with the Broo. Those are two elements of incredibly-different origins in Zyorna's life that until now, she had not imagined coming together anytime soon, if ever!

If Toph needs a Kayliss blade, there appears to be no one else but the Broo who have them. And this, Taymee of the Tribe of the Star Watchers, seems to be the only one who can make them. She might even have one that's the right size to free ol' Hiram Sharp from the (not) evil clutches of his (not) tomb. =)

Which reminds me... Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon
She pauses briefly. "Taymee... is a Broo non-combatant stationed here on the Broadsword. Doctor Yashida told me all of the Broo survived the Invid battle at the Black Binary? Taymee and Faydra alone hold the secrets of the Kayliss blades of which Taymee is responsible for creating." Kirin takes a step back and watches Toph closely.
...when I first created Taymee, she was exactly as described. "A non-combatant" with clear ties to Scary Jerry and possibly all of Adamantium. That was before I asked you guys and gals if you liked the idea of...
3. Either way, with Mack out of the picture for a little while, do you guys like the idea of having a firecracker of an Adamantium-trained Broo on your team for a while? Do you think that would be fun? Or no? Or would you rather have more data before deciding or possibly be surprised?
...someone like this. Now I've created her. You will be meeting her very soon. =)

So I've gone back and removed the words "non-combatant" from that post. To the Wild Cards plus Eadric, Taymee is simply a "Broo stationed" here on the Broadsword that Scary Jerry has spoken of with great familiarity. Not only he, but Commander Kirin.

Food for thought. =)

Heya Gang!

I'll pause my in-game posting there. Feel free to roleplay until I post next! I hope to have a certain scene in my head up in 24 hours or so (if Real Life allows). =)

EDIT: Okies. Now I am done for the night. Be well and healthy everyone! Hope you enjoy my next post - in the meantime, do post as your own characters with whatever they might ask or suggest or just plain think. Only you can bring them to life! =)

Last edited:
Forgot the end of Eadric's post, so I've edited it in. ^33^

Edited again. >.> Rereading, I realized I wrote his speech in slightly the wrong tone (I've just done an RP post for another character, and Eadric's words sounded more like him). That's fixed now.

That means I'll have to read it all over again! Cool! =)

It looks like those who can post have. I hope to post within the next 24 hours. =)

Mind-rider. Eadric files the term into his newest mental drawer, labeled "Broo."
Wow! What a post! I love knowing what's in Eadric's mental drawers! What a treat!

Okay, I like knowing what all of your characters are thinking but here is Eadric doing... precisely what he has been trained to do as an Extraterrestrial Liaison! How very fun to read this!

Psychie Psychie It looks like it is time for Toph to take her turn at bat. You have at least two options that I can see:

1. Explain how you would like to proceed and we go from there. Basically, state Toph's intentions and we'll agree to what Skills Toph has in her arsenal to see her plan through.

2. Any other PC here can hop in and make suggestions.

Sound good?

Toph has WP Knife as a part of her doctor's training, providing a +4 to her attack roll, along with a 98% in her Medical Doctor skill. I also plan on using a Action Point to help boost my roll to counteract the expected negative modifiers. I plan on trying to traverse the knife to have its help in keeping the Captain safe.

Cool!

Does anyone have any advice for Psychie and her plan or does it look good enough?

It sounds to me and Mario that Psychie and Cap have a handle on things with Hercules and Toph, and all Mario knows to do now is sit back and let the doc do her cutting.

It sounds to me and Mario that Psychie and Cap have a handle on things with Hercules and Toph, and all Mario knows to do now is sit back and let the doc do her cutting.
Sure, but Mario is a Traverser and a Wild Card too and, like anyone in the room, if he has ideas he wishes to share, or if YOU as the Player have ideas you'd like to share, have at! =)

Sure, but Mario is a Traverser and a Wild Card too and, like anyone in the room, if he has ideas he wishes to share, or if YOU as the Player have ideas you'd like to share, have at! =)
The thoughts I have are that the Captain is in good hands. I trust that the teamwork of Hercules and Toph will prevail.

Okay! Thanks for letting me know!

Anyone else have thoughts or ideas on the matter?

Bad headache this morning, will try to have thoughts soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back