• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Blake McCarthy
Ginn's House

~ Sutton, Dublin ~
551263df864b3b55efebb5369bd6f98f.jpeg
Blake felt like she could breathe again once Isabella had accepted her words and left. The entire house was surely feeling the tenseness of the situation and the woman knew that was the last thing everyone in it needed, including Isabella herself. Once she was gone and Blake heard the door close, she let out a long exhale and moved to run a hand through her hair. Making sure that Elena was in good hands, Blake watched as Olivier worked on Adam from a distance. The relief in her eyes was slightly jaded by the anger she felt over what that woman had said to her boyfriend. Ex-lover or not, whoever Adam used to be was long gone and Blake only knew the man she had been friends with consistently over the years and now lovers. It angered her that Isabella could make such accusations when Adam was clearly just as distraught as she was, and he had gone to great lengths to get his daughter back, as any good parent would do.

Blake followed Adam's eyes to Elena, the man checking to see if she was okay before his eyes turned to her. He offered her a weak smile and Blake returned it before walking forward to be next to his bedside. The man started to apologize, saying that this was the last thing she needed but she just shook her head slowly, continuing to do so as he went on. "Adam Harper, you take those words back. You hear me?" The blonde said, moving to take a seat next to his bedside so that she could carefully lean closer to him, her lips gently kissing his. "That woman...Isabella? Right? She knows the man you used to be, whoever he was is long gone." She murmured, her face close to his as she reached up to move some hair from his forehead.

"Elena has the best dad in the world. Not many would go in blindly to save their kid, believe it or not. But you went in, you got her and you managed to get out in...well...somewhat one piece." Blake said, looking over him again as she let out a breathless laugh. "Sure she could have had a Finn or a George, but I think that would have been shocking considering just how gay they are." Her teasing tone lacked the proper strength and humor she normally had with him, just so relieved and worried to see him in the condition he was in. "As for me...you promised to always make it back to me, and you did. That in my book, means you deserve me far more than you realize, luv." Blake hummed.

"Elena and I are both very lucky to have you. And while she can't speak up to agree, I know she thinks the same as me." Her smile came a little more natural now, allowing herself to just gently touch his arm, avoiding any cuts or scrapes. He was alive and he had made it back. Exactly as he had promised. "I love you, Adam. And no amount of batshit crazy ex is going to keep me from feeling that way about you. We were all young and dumb once, if people continue to blame you for the mistakes you made years ago...that's their problem." Blake turned to look at Elena's sleeping form a moment, smiling lightly.

"Your beautiful daughter over there was definitely not a mistake. And if I'm being honest, Isabella was in the wrong for not telling you. I think she robbed you of what could have been...but now, you deserve to make up for lost time because you are an amazing father." Tears burned her eyes as she cleared her throat, "Thank you...for making it home to me."
with: Adam Misty Gray Misty Gray
mentions: Elena + Olivier Pyroclast Pyroclast

Bournemouth Beach
~ Bournemouth ~

Shona King

1659318544415.pngShona gave a half smile when Spencer reasoned that she understood relationship management better than he did, but she completely understood his point of view as well. "We're comin' at this from two different angles, babe, but it don't mean yours ain't worth takin' seriously," she pointed out. "'Course you want to be strong for everyone while all this is goin' on - you got people lookin' to you for their next instruction. But them people, Spence, they're your brothers, your friends, and their faith in you ain't gonna waver over a little heart to heart, is it? Sure they look up to ya', but you're more than a leader to them. The Kings are a business, but ain't we a family first?"

Another example of Spencer's habit of not opening up to his loved ones was him and Jeremy not discussing how Jeremy's dating Harper might affect their friendship. Shona understood it, however. "You needed time to process it, I get it," she said. "But Jeremy's a good talker and I always got the feelin' that he's a bit of a 'feelings guy', so I bet you two could have an in depth conversation about it if you wanted to." With a sweet smile, Shona kissed her husband's hand and looked up at him. "And Harper, you know... this conversation will still be relevant whenever you two patch things up between you. So focus on that for now, okay?"

Even though she was trying to apply her deepest intuition and understanding in order to advise her husband, Shona knew that everything was easier said than done. The best course of action was often the hardest, or the least straight-forward. So, it made sense that Spencer was having a hard time imagining himself letting Trevor get close to his sister without intervening. Watching him with a sympathetic look, she placed a hand on his cheek and willed him to look her in the eyes. “And we’ll be there for her if he does,” she tried to reassure him. “But right now, she’s feelin’ let down by her family. And if you try and stop her from making this decision on her own, she’s only gonna resent you more. I’m so sorry, Spence…but you know you’ve gotta let her do this. Just know we will all be ready to help her if things go wrong.”

As Spencer laid back down on the beach towel, Shona mirrored him, laying on her side so she could watch him as he spoke. The details of Spencer’s job weren’t something that Shona felt entitled to know exactly, but with Trevor now involved and using evidence to blackmail her husband, she wanted to know everything so she could help protect him if ever she had to. Perhaps somewhat desensitised, her expression remained neutral when he told her that he had stabbed a man to death four years ago. Frankly, she didn’t care about the crimes he committed, because she knew him, really knew him, and she saw that his heart was in the right place. His sense of morality may not be consistent with the law, but sometimes the right action and the lawful action were not the same, and she always found Spencer to have good judgement, often better than that of the authorities.

So, it wasn’t Spencer’s actions that disturbed her. What disturbed her was that Trevor had evidence in his possession that could lead the police to the dead body and have her husband put away for murder. “And he went looking for evidence against you in case he ever needed leverage?” she asked, eyes narrowing slightly as she tried to piece it together in her head. “Because he knew that if he ever wanted something from you or Bruce, he would never get it unless he had something to threaten you with…” She let her head drop and sighed, feeling such hatred towards the man. “That fuckin’ scumbag. If he would just realise what a piece of shit he was, he’d know he don’t deserve to come near ya’, let alone ask you for shit.” Raising her head again, she wore a freshly determined look on her face. “Well, much as I hate it, I ain’t lettin’ him put my husband in prison. If that means he has to stay in London, we’ve got to just suck it up. You have to promise me, Spencer King, that you won’t give him a reason to use that evidence. Eddie and I ain’t losin’ you!”

Suddenly becoming aware of the stress he had taken with him on their holiday, Spencer sat up and took her hand. She sat up with him and leaned in close. It was obvious enough before he had even pointed it out that he was struggling to get his mind off the stress and drama waiting for him back in London, but despite their serious conversation, Shona couldn’t help but smile when he called her ‘smokin’ hot’. In a slow, purposeful motion, Shona pushed Spencer down onto the towel again and lay down beside him so that their bodies touched from head to toe. She let a flirtatious smile grow on her face and leaned over him to kiss him on the lips, one hand resting against his sunkissed abs. When she raised her head again, her eyes shone with desire. “Forget about London,” she commanded in a low, sultry voice. “Put it out your mind, and tell me…show me...exactly how you’re gonna make it up to me.”

Interactions
Misty Gray Misty Gray Spencer

Finn & George Sullivans House
~ Sutton, Dublin ~

Adam Harper

909655e60da83e90557fafa2450bf884-jpg.996983
Adam kept his eyes on Blake as she told him to take back his words. He watched her as she moved to sit by his bed. When she moved in close and kissed his lips, he couldn't help but smile, the warm expression remaining on his face even when she pulled away. He stayed quiet as she reassured him about Isabella; pointing out that the women only knew the man he'd been all those years ago. He believed he'd changed and improved himself, but he often thought that others didn't believe it and always expected the worst of him. Sure, there was banter about his past sexual exploits, but it often seemed like many still believed he was that same guy and would eventually prove them right. Hearing Blake speak made it clear to him that she did believe in him and her opinion was one of the few that really mattered to him.

Blake continued talking to him, assuring him that he was a good enough father for Elena and that was evidenced by the fact he'd been willing to walk into danger to save his daughter. Her comment about Finn or George being Elena's father would be shocking on account of their sexuality managed to draw dry laugh from him. "They are very gay," he fondly agreed.

When Blake pointed out how he'd kept his promise to come back to her, he looked lovingly into her eyes and fondly smiled. "I meant it, love. I ain't a quitter by any means, but you and Elena gave me that extra drive to fight - to drag my arse out of that cabin. As for luck, I'd say I'm the luckiest one. Baggin' the best woman and getting a spot-on daughter all in one!" he assured her. When she gently touched his arm, his eyes glanced down to her hand. Of course, he'd been intimate with many women, but there'd never been that deep connection nor someone who truly cared about him and wanted to comfort him. It was a strange feeling but he was more than willing to ride with it. "I love you too, babe. And I'm glad that crazy bitch back there," he said, lowering his voice briefly as if to shield Elena from him badmouthing Isabella, "I'm glad she didn't put you off." Adam felt he had been completely open and honest with both Blake and Elena about his past mistakes, including how he'd treated Isabella. Still, even with much of what Isabella said to him in front of them being knowledge they already had, the personal attacks on his character now and the words she'd used had stung.

Blake told him Elena was not a mistake and Adam couldn't agree more. "Couldn't have wished for a better kid to show up on my doorstep," he added. There was a lot Isabella would clearly never forgive him for, but he wouldn't forgive her either, for making no effort in 20 years to tell him the truth and therefore robbing him of so much of his daughter's life. "I'm going to make up for not being there all that time,"

When she tearfully thanked him for making it home, he chewed his lip to choke back his own emotions, though his eyes brimmed with tears regardless. "We've still got a lot to do together, so you're not getting rid of me anytime soon. I'm here to stay. You'll probably get sick of the sight of me," he lightly teased. "Say, you don't have a nurse's outfit, do ya?" he suggestively joked.

Bellz Bellz (Blake)

Ginn Family Home
~Sutton, Dublin~
Leo & Aliana Sullivan

seal-team-clay-max-thieriot-1014x570.jpg
Leo picked up on how nervous and unsure Natasha seemed to be. He wasn't sure there was anything he could do or say to make her understand that it was okay. That they weren't together anymore and though it sucked, it was okay. They could be friends and check up on each other and care about their wellbeings. But the more he thought about it the more he questioned if it were truly possible. Not only were there still feelings - love he felt for her that would never go away - but they'd shared pieces of each other that would forever remain. So when she finally got closer and commented on his appearance he let out a chuckle. "Me? You should see the other guys," he joked. "You know," he started, jutting his thumb towards the other room. "Your mom is really giving it to Adam. For a second I thought you were gonna do the same." Ali nodded her head in agreement, taking a step back to allow Natasha to get closer to Leo. "There's still time for that," she stated, Leo, rolling his eyes at her.

Natasha reached for him and for a moment things felt normal. Like they didn't argue that night or had broken up. It felt like they were together and that night didn't happen at all. When she pulled away from him, however, reality hit him like a train. They weren't together. That night did happen. And she was only here because that's what friends do for one another. She wasn't here because she worried about her boyfriend's wellbeing, she was here checking on her friend. That was enough to nearly break his heart- smile faltering as he let out a heavy breath. Had morphine not been running through his veins he was sure he'd have got up and walked out. It was too much knowing that things would never be the same. In an attempt to hide his disappointment, Leo nodded his head at her comment. "Me too," was all he could manage without letting his emotions show in his voice.

0649a8c558007ec6a7f1f1d286670c3acda99e64.gifv

Leo then looked over to his parents, gesturing with his eyes that he wanted them both to leave and give him some privacy. It took Ali a moment to pick up on it, but when she did she nodded her head. Conor had asked how she was feeling and she used it as an opportunity to get ghost. "I'm fine," she said with a cheeky smile, looking up at him. "Ah, but there is something I wanted to talk to you about... In private," she said, turning back to Leo and Natasha. She dropped her hold on Conor momentarily before walking back to Leo, kissing his forehead and whispering in his ear. "You did good." She gave him a smile before turning to give Natasha a hug. "He came back to us and that's what's important, right?" She gave her a smile before returning to her husband's side and softly grabbing his hand. "C'mon, ya brute. Let's have some words."

Ali walked out of the room and towards the foyer void of anyone else. She was finally able to take a deep sigh before wrapping her arms around Conor's waist and laying her head against his chest. "I'm sorry we didn't tell you about everything earlier - I wanted you to enjoy your stress-free vacation. But maybe it's caused even more stress." Pulling back to look up at him, she gave him a worried, yet curious look. "He killed today. And not just that but he also got hurt. Tell me; do you think it's a good idea? Letting him immerse himself in the family business and perhaps take over one day? Did we make a mistake?"

Meanwhile, Leo had been grateful that his parents got the hint and made themselves scarce. Now he was able to be with Natasha and really talk to her without them hovering. "We don't have to be like that," he softly said, grunting as he moved over on his gurney. "You're talkin' to me like you feel obligated to be here- we don't have to be like that." Leo absolutely hated the way things were between them now. They were friends - best friends - before the sex and becoming official. And while he was sure it was impossible to suddenly go back to things being that way, that didn't mean he wasn't going to fucking try. "Come here."

Conor ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )
Natasha ( Bellz Bellz )

~ Sutton, Dublin ~

Dermot Murphy

1658863822676-png.1006047
Dermot didn't say anything more on the subject when Michelle said she was willing to deal with the drama so she could spend time with her family. He wondered if she would still feel the same a few months down the line if things continued to get more dangerous for her family. He nodded his head when she pointed out his kids sounded older. "Yeah, old enough to start making a living for themselves, but not quite enough to stop coming around to borrow shit," he remarked, though it was clear he didn't mind. As long as they gave him a heads up before showing up at the house, he was happy with them stopping by. In his line of work and his personal life as a single man, he preferred having the place to himself. "If it's time and space away from the kids you're after, than I'd say coming to Dublin was a good decision. There's an endless amount of babysitters around here. Sometimes I forget which kid is whose," he joked.

When Michelle said she was into politics and going for the mayor position, he let out a dry laugh. "Sucker for punishment, eh? This city has a problem with crime, y'know. I'll be trusting you to keep these streets clean for my kids," he teased her, knowing full well her family and he himself were the main cause of Dublin's crime problem. When the woman said he could take her home later, he nodded his head. "No problem. I've worked past my shift already anyway," he said, glancing to his watch. "Clear it with the boss and I'm ready to go when you are. Don't want him thinking I've run off with ya," he commented. In reality, he figured Conor would want to know she was leaving and was getting a secure ride home. "I hope this isn't a ploy for you to try taking advantage of me. I'm innocent type of bloke, I am."

BasDorcha BasDorcha (Michelle)

Natasha McCarthy
Ginn's House

~ Sutton, Dublin ~
7E777AA7-A1B2-431E-AD93-C56A48FD1B8F.jpeg
Natasha tried to smile the best she could, knowing that she needed to keep herself in control of her emotions for Leo's sake. But looking at him the way he was now was one of her worst nightmares, the very reason she had decided to end things with him. It pained her to see him in such terrible shape, and it pained her even more to be acting so awkward around each other.

Seeing the disappointment on his features was a clear message to Nat that when she had forced herself not to touch him that he had been wanting her to. Swallowing hard, Nat followed Leo's gaze as he looked to his parents. She had missed the look he gave them as she watched them, wondering just what they thought of all of this. Surely Ali had to have been just as upset about it as Nat was. But she knew the much older and wiser woman had years of experience dealing with this and had chosen to bear the burdens of this lifestyle. Nat felt like a coward just then, for not supporting Leo in his choices.

She thought she was doing what was best for them both, in a vain attempt to protect him as well as their future. But it was now clear to her that he would get hurt no matter what, and even if they weren't together, seeing him suffer would continue to hurt her until the end of their days. The love she felt for him had grown much deeper and real the farther they were apart now and it seemed that it was never going to go away. Suddenly, Ali had said that she needed to talk to Conor and Nat raised her brows at them. She kissed Leo's forehead before turning to Nat and giving her a hug, which the blonde accepted happily.

Her words struck an emotional nerve as she told Nat that all that mattered was that Leo came back to them. Something that she had made him promise a while ago. Her eyes burned once more as she nodded her head silently, "Right." Was all she could muster as she watched Leo's parents walk off to speak privately. Nat couldn't force herself to turn back to Leo but when he spoke, saying that they didn't have to be the way they were now, she turned around to look at him. Shame was written all over her face as she heard the emotion in his voice. He expressed that he felt like she was talking to him like she felt obligated to be with him in these moments.

Nat stared at him, unable to say anything to defend herself as she noticed he'd moved over on his gurney. Her bottom lip trembled as he told her to once again come to him. Everything that wanted to protect them both from the eventual pain of having to deal with this while together was screaming at her to not obey. But in that moment she wanted nothing more than to give him what he wanted, give herself what she wanted. They both deserved that happiness, after all they had been through in their lives. Seeing him hurt and still trying to comfort her and love her brought up a feeling in her that she didn't quite recognize. Home was the only word that could describe the feeling, she felt like she was home in his arms, that she was safe.

Without another word, Nat moved to lay next to him on the gurney, delicately wrapping her arms around him as she tucked her face into the side of his neck. Tears spilled over uncontrollably as her body shook slightly. "I'm sorry." She said softly, "I love you."
with: Leo Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess
mentions: Conor Misty Gray Misty Gray

The Royal Taphouse
~Bethnal Green, London~
Erik Snowden, Alex King, & Teddy Wycliff

752tzuueox_l.jpg
Alex, in his frantic state of mind, could only stare at his uncle for guidance. He felt so lost and confused and heartbroken. Alex had begun to take his role as a father more seriously these past few months, his bond with Callum growing deeper. Now that he'd been told that he'd been taken away and given no information, Alex felt like a piece of him had been cut out. Sure, he'd been a shit dad in the past but he'd been determined to make up for it. And now he felt like he would never have the chance.
000_was4348951.887a3094305.original.jpg

Seeing Alex in such a state was a shock to Erik. In the short time he'd known the man he didn't seem to care about anything. Erik hadn't been privy to the time Callum spent in London, so his reaction made sense to him. Because Erik had gotten closer to the King family over the past couple of years, he wanted to reach out and comfort Alex. However, with both Teddy and Gabriel in the room he knew better. If either man knew about his personal feelings and growing attachment he wasn't sure what would happen. Therefore, it was better for him to continue acting as if they were just co-workers.

Meanwhile, Teddy had leaned forward with his elbows placed on his knees. For a family full of 'caring' people they sure liked to use children as pawns in their games. At least when it came to the Morettis the children they attacked were full adults! With a familiar understanding of how something like this felt, Teddy shook his head when Bruce apologized. "None needed, Bruce, this is more important." He then looked at Gabriel and raised his eyebrows. If there were ever a time, he thought, that the King family needed to step up it was now. Though they'd been talking about gradually growing into something Callum being taken away should kick their asses into gear. Perhaps the Morettis didn't need to interfere in that aspect. The Sullivans had just crossed a line that shouldn't have been crossed and used a kid to do so. Nothing was going to stop the Kings from retaliating nor the Morettis from helping them.

30richard-madden-promo-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600.jpg
Bruce handed Alex his whiskey and the distressed man wasted no time in downing it in one go. The liquor lit a fire in his chest, but it did calm his nerves a bit. Taking a few deep breaths he turned to his uncle- fighting the urge to cry in front of the three other men present. "I don't- I... I don't know anything." His voice was desperate, gesturing around with his hands. "I wanted to talk to the kid. So I called her and she didn't answer so I called Sinead. Liam answered the phone instead and when I asked where Savannah and Cal were he told me he didn't know." He took a pause, eyes widening. "They never go somewhere without the others knowing, Bruce. You know that. An-And I feel it- that somethings wrong."

Alex's tongue began to swell, forcing him to choke back his tears. He shook his head before placing them between his hands. "That stupid, stupid bitch." Alex's sadness had begun to quickly change into anger the more he thought about his situation. Teddy and Erik watched on - the former with concern - as Alex went through his emotions. It hit close to home for Teddy, making a mental note to call Valentina to speak with his kids. Teddy didn't want to interject in Alex's rant but felt like he needed to say something. He glanced at Gabriel once more before turning his attention to Alex. "This is... The mother of your child?" He hesitantly asked. Alex looked up at Teddy with a scowl on his face, nodding his head. Having that information he realized how complicated things would be. The Kings had also had a child with the Sullivans, to which Teddy had to stop himself from asking what the appeal was. Instead, he nodded his head in understanding before he continued. "Forgive me for being so crass but," he looked over to Bruce. "What do you plan on doing about that?"

Bruce ( Pyroclast Pyroclast )
Gabriel ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )

Finn's Place
Dublin
Michelle Romano

1658710255422.png
Michelle grinned at his comments, both about the kids, the sitters and the city streets. He had a sense of humor that made her giggle. For a moment, she sat and quietly finished the tobacco between her fingers before flicking it far and wide away from them. As she stood back on the stairs, dropping from the wall, she looked up at the man and winked, “Maybe the punishment is half the fun.” She had just made it back to the door, standing in the open entry beside him when he asked if she planned to take advantage of him. A sultry look suddenly appeared in her eyes and she nodded, a small but confirmational nod. She had decided until right then, but if he was offering, she had two years of dust to knock off her boots – so to speak.

“I guess we’ll have to see how innocent you are, Mr. Murphy. Otherwise, you might need some punishing as well.” With her coy comment, she dipped inside, carefully dancing past the different scenes happening in the house. Finally, she found her father and Ali on the foyer. Looking at all the commotion going on around them, and not really being needed – emotionally or physically – all the awkwardness of being somewhere as an outsider hit again. Leaning up, she tippy toed and kissed her dad on the cheek, before wrapping her arms around him. “I’m going to head home – there’s not much else I can do right now, and its kind of crowded. Dermot is going to give me a ride so you guys don’t have too. You two let me know if you need me and if there’s anything I can do to help.” She also turned and gave Ali a hug, knowing she was stretched thin with all the things going on in their lives. “Especially you, don’t be afraid to call me for any reason at all. The baby sitter is just down the street.”

After wishing them goodbye, she headed back outside to find Dermot and her ride. “Let’s go, schoolboy. Time to blow this joint.” She skipped down the stairs and over to the car Dermot had followed them in, standing prettily at the passenger door waiting for it to be unlocked. When Dermot walked up to open the door for her she was both surprised to see him come to her door first, but also emboldened with sudden rush of confidence. As he leaned in to unlock the door, she reached up and stopped him level with her face – on tip toes again – and suddenly kissed him, her hands drifting teasingly low down his shoulders to his chest. It wasn’t a particularly romantic kiss, but more of the teasing kind of foreplay kiss you might expect from a random encounter. Blushing, she stepped back, letting him finish opening the door and jumped in.

Mentions Misty Gray Misty Gray - Dad and Daddy
Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess - Ali

~Stella Kwon~
Hospital > Dublin City Centre, Textile Factory
jessica jung weibo.jpg
After dropping Edwards, Patience and Phelan off at the local hospital, Stella left pretty much just as quickly as she had arrived. Along the way, she was just processing what has happened since the day started. From partnering up with Edwards to check the bases at Adam's request to the rather harrowing ride to the hospital. As much as she disliked Phelan, it wasn't like she wanted him to die. After parking her vehicle, she made a relatively swift exit and made her way into the factory. Returning the room where they had been previously, she looked at the fresh puddle of blood that had exited Phelan's system after Edwards futile attempt to patch him up. Grabbing a mop, soap and a bucket of warm water, she began mopping up the blood, which had sadly dried up a little. Aside from the puddle of blood by the couch, there was also some on the couch because of Phelan's wound and the small, scattered spats of blood scattered around from when they were carrying Phelan to the car. Because there was still some stubborn, dried bloodstains, she took a couple of minutes to dig around for hydrogen peroxide, which was relatively effective when it came to washing blood away.

Upon find it, she poured it on the dried blood spots and some on the couch before scrubbing it away and mopping over it a little more. Last but not least, she went to grab a few 'Wet Floor' signs to set out in case anyone came by. Slipping and falling was never fun and certainly hurt like hell. Taking out her pager, she contemplated on contacting Ruby, but how did she want to go about it. They rarely saw each other outside of Karate and the last thing they did was the firearms lessons. Did she really want to ask Edwards to teach her and Ruby how to use firearms more effectively because of his expertise? To be fair, Chase and Adam were just as effective. The only common ground that she could think of for the three of those men was war, even though they fought in different variations of it. And they all knew how to use guns. So what would Edwards know that Adam and Chase do not? She wondered. What else could he teach them? Surely there was something... Shrugging, she just sat down in a chair to collect and sort out her thoughts.

Lots of Mentions because Stella's contemplating life: James Edwards | Phelan Sweeney, Patience Davenport, Adam Harper Misty Gray Misty Gray | Ruby Miller 💘 BasDorcha BasDorcha | Chase Zegarra Pyroclast Pyroclast

~James Edwards~
Hospital, Intensive Care Unit Waiting Room
248813-1572977616.jpg
After Stella had left, Edwards, with the help of Patience, took the bleeding Phelan into the hospital. Doctors were appalled upon seeing him. Almost immediately, Phelan was laid out onto a gurney and taken for surgery due to the profuse bleeding and all. After the Doctors and Nurses got him squared away, Edwards and Patience had been directed to the waiting room, where they'd wait anxiously for an update on Phelan. He had already lost a lot of blood before arriving at the hospital. Hopefully they made it in time. To be honest, they should have brought him here immediately after he and Stella ran into Patience and Phelan. Because of his delayed action, he may have lowered the other man's survival chances, but hopefully that was not the case. There was already enough going on for the Sullivans and his poor decision didn't need to add to the stress. Either way, there was no way he was going to be able to keep quiet about this. And he wasn't about to keep secrets from people who pretty much gave him another chance at life. Asking to borrow a phone at the reception desk, Edwards proceeded to leave a voicemail for Adam upon calling his office. "Hey Boss, this is Edwards calling from the hospital I know you're busy today, but I just wanted to inform you that something went down while Stella and I were at the City Centre. I don't leave the details on your voicemail because I don't know who else could be listening and I wanted to tell you directly. When you're available, go ahead and page me and we can either discuss this over the phone or even face to face. Anyway, I've taken up enough of your time, see you later, Boss."

Upon placing the phone back into the receiver, Edwards went back to the waiting room, where Patience was waiting. "Hey. How are you holding up?" He asked, sitting across from her.

Interactions: Phelan Sweeney, Patience Davenport, Adam Harper Misty Gray Misty Gray

~Bradley Beckett (Cameo)~
New York Universty, Dormitory > Washington Square Park | New York City, New York
636340764691602557-XXX-TOM.HOLAND.1936-91974649.jpg
With Summer in full-swing, Bradley had chosen to go back into the quiet life of a College Student following his outing on Riker's Island and the brush with organized crime that had followed. Not to mention he had learned the hard way that Law Enforcement isn't always what it seemed. Some of the Corrections Officers were on the Italians' payroll, which made life difficult for the two Irishmen, well...three if he counted Edwards considering that the former Navy SEAL saw his exit at the exact same time as Porter, who was once the head of the Irish Mob. Then he was left with Kurt, who was eager to return to his Family, but still taught Bradley what he knew and how to survive once he was alone. Thankfully though, it was not long until Bradley himself saw his exit from Riker's Island after his Father had a word with the District Attorney and allowed him to escape the grasp of the Italian Mob alive. With prison life long behind him, Bradley opted to re-enter the quiet life as a University Student, but was unsure of what was to come next for him. He was starting his Sophomore Year of College now. Unfortunately, he did find himself to be the center of attention as word had gotten out about how he was thrown in jail for car theft.

4702645657_e59f11db1b_b.jpg
For the most part though, Bradley just kept to himself, focused on his studies. This was also the year that he would be declaring his major. Currently, he was deciding between Politics and Psychology. As all these thoughts coursed through his mind, the young College boy couldn't help but wonder about James, Kurt, Edwards and Ramsey. While three of them were in Ireland, there was one still here in New York, but Bradley didn't know where he was. But it wasn't like he was actively being hunted by the Italian Mob. Well, not yet anyway. Setting his pen aside, he proceeded to stand up and go put his boots on and leaving his dorm to go for a walk. He was just too distracted to be studying, let alone thinking about his major. Biggest downside right now too was that he wasn't allowed to leave the state for two more years, per an agreement that his Father made with the District Attorney.

Upon leaving the dorm, he began walking to Washington Square Park, a tourist attraction near campus. Upon reaching the fountain, he just sat down near the water. Who knew that people who were only in his life for such a short amount of time...leave such a big impact on him? Or impression? Before he could start thinking about it more. "Hey Little Bro, didn't expect to see you here." He turned around and his jaw dropped.

Interactions: Unknown Voice, but Familiar Face...
Mentions: Kurt Reznik Pyroclast Pyroclast | James Porter, Nicholas Ramsey Misty Gray Misty Gray | James Edwards

~Harmony Ryu (Cameo)~
Central Park | New York City, New York
735x414mv.jpg
The stress of moving and unpacking was a little overwhelming for Harmony. Things have gotten pretty quiet in New York and nothing too major has really happened since the Irish abducting Cristina. Harmony had taken advantage of the uneventful time to purchase a new house and even adopted both a dog and a cat. In particular, she adopted a Caucasian Shepherd named Cerberus and a Maine Coon cat named Preston. Both were relatively big animals. And having them both in her previous apartment would have been a nightmare. Not to mention Harmony wanted to have a backyard big enough for Cerberus to play in and for Preston to roam around. Thankfully for her though, the two did get along with each other. Even better, both were calm and didn't run around the house, knocking everything over. Well, not that there was anything to knock over at the moment. Harmony hasn't even finished unpacking yet. Granted Preston has already found a box to sleep in. Before leaving the house, she had left the windows open so that it wouldn't get too hot for the kitty. Sometimes she worried about how much Cerberus heated up with all that fur. Either way, he was mostly alright especially after she got him a trim so that the heat would be more bearable for him.

Harmony proceeded to pat his head as they sat down in the grass. He responded by laying down next to her. It was just going to be another relaxing day for them. "Can't wait for you to meet the Wycliffs. I think Paolo will love you, not to mention Rocco will probably appreciate having someone to play with." She said, smiling at Cerberus.

The giant pup responded with a smile and even stuck tongue out and he let out a happy bark. "Yeah, you're a good boy. Just remember to play nice with Preston."

Cerberus proceeded to let out a groan. "Don't give me the attitude. You both live in the same house and it's gonna be like that for a very long time." She pat his head once more before looking around the park. "Not to mention, you have to come to work with Mommy soon, so you gotta be on your best behavior."

It was peaceful. While part of her enjoyed it and didn't want it to end, another part of her, which was more mob-inclined, hoped that something would come up. Being the Princess' Guard, the job that she was given, had its perks, but also its downsides.

On the Beach
~ Bournemouth, England ~

Spencer King

h-jpg.995242
Shona had made it clear he needed to open up to his brothers, sister, and Jeremy, as well as to just catch up with them on a personal level - family before business. Apparently this needed to start with Harper and Jeremy, albeit separately. The part where his wife had said he couldn't intervene with Trevor getting close to Harper was the most difficult of all. The man was a bully and a coward who would sell out his own mother, not to mention a smooth-talking scammer. Spencer couldn't find any part of himself that believed the man was being genuine since his return.

Shona placed her hand on his cheek and he meet her gaze to notice the sympathetic look she sent him. He knew she wouldn't suggest something so lightly considering what she already knew about Trevor. He nodded his head in understanding and agreement when she pointed out that they would be there for Harper if Trevor did let her down. Although he was trying to understand things from Harper's point of view, he was still struggling to see how she could resent her family so much after everything they'd all been through together, yet still be open-minded to letting Trevor into her life. "Fine. I'll let her do what she's gotta do, but I'm not happy about it," he honestly told her.

With the two of them laid on the towel and Shona positioned herself to look at him, she listened as Spencer spoke about the murder he'd committed that Trevor was now using as leverage over him. Spencer nodded in confirmation when she expressed her understanding that Trevor had been looking for dirt to use as leverage. "Yeah, at the time he was planning on trying to squeeze some more money out of me so he'd come looking for dirt and found out more than he expected. He claims his accident happened soon after finding evidence for what I'd done and then he had a change of heart - didn't want to use it against me. Now he reckons he's only brought his leverage to light because me an' Bruce have forced him into it. Claims he's only doing it to survive and stay in London." Spencer scoffed. "Mind games, as usual, with him." Shona then went on to make Spencer promise not to give Trevor a reason to use the evidence. Spencer knew that was easier said than done and his father was bound to rile him up again. Looking his wife in the eyes, he nodded to her. "I ain't going anywhere. You an' Eddie are stuck with me," he assured her, a brief smile showing itself.

Spencer had then sat up and tried to change the subject, with Shona mirroring his actions. As he flirted with her, she responded by pushing him back down to lay on the towel and did the same herself, their bodies now touching. After she kissed him, he flirtatiously raised his eyebrows and sent her a suggestive smile. He let out a low chuckle when she asked him to show her how he was going to make it up to her. Running his hand down her side, he soon rested it on her hip as he moved in to passionately kiss her. For a short time, he was able to not only push his worries aside but altogether forget the fact they were both on the beach. Spencer was soon drawn back to reality and pulled out of the intimate moment by the sound of Eddie crying from inside the beach hut. Reluctantly pulling away, he shook his head while maintaining an amused expression. "Kid's got the best timing," he drily joked. "We'll have to continue this back in our room," he promised her.

Spencer got up onto his feet and retrieved his t-shirt from the sun lounger, putting it on before stepping into the beach hut to where Eddie had been sleeping. Lifting the baby out of the pram, he held him close to his chest and began to softly rub his back to calm him down. Remaining in the shade of the hut, he waited for Shona to join them. "We should head back to the hotel once he's sorted," he suggested, figuring they'd spent long enough on the beach for one day.

Pyroclast Pyroclast (Shona)

~ Sutton, Dublin ~

Conor Sullivan

1658620549691-png.1005196
Conor caught the way Leo used his eyes to hint for his parents to leave. Part of him was tempted enough to stay exactly where he was just to wind his son up. Instead, Aliana took an opportunity for get them both to leave Leo and Natasha in peace. "What have I done now?" he dramatically sighed when his wife said she wanted to talk in private. Conor followed Aliana out of the room once she grabbed his hand to lead the way. "Brute? You've got the wrong guy," he grumbled.

When they got out to the empty foyer, Aliana wrapped her arms around him and rested her head on his chest. She apologised for not telling him everything and explained she wanted to keep his forced vacation stress-free. "This can't go on forever, with people shielding me from stuff like I'm a child. I'm going to get pissed off by things, one way or another. Think we've got to accept there's no such thing as a break in this profession," he reasoned. When she went on to point out that Leo had killed and been injured during the day's mission, Conor let out a sigh but then shook his head. "He seems to be set on being a part of this business and I'm not sure how far we can go to deter him from it. At his age, I felt forced into the business; that it was my duty and it was expected of me to follow in my dad's footsteps. I don't believe I've ever given Leo the idea this is something I expect him to do and I know you've tried to deter him from it. We've done what we can to make sure he knows we don't expect him to get involved in this business, but now he's a grown adult, we can only do so much to stop him. If this is what he really wants to do..."

Conor was broken off when Michelle joined them and he moved to accept her embrace. She told them she was going to head home, to which Conor was about to protest until she explained Dermot was going to drive her there. "Well, alright," he gave in. "Just don't take the piss having him taking any detours or running errands. Bloke probably wants to get home to bed... he's been working since first thing this morning," he realised.

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Aliana, Leo) BasDorcha BasDorcha (Michelle)

~ Sutton, Dublin ~

Dermot Murphy

1658863822676-png.1006047
Dermot kept his eyes on Michelle as she moved to the open front door of the house. He caught the affirmative nod she gave him after he'd asked if she was intending to take advantage of him, but he kept a straight face. When she made her comments about seeing how innocent he really was and if he might need to be punished, he coyly shrugged his shoulders. Soon, she went back into the house to let Conor and the others know she was leaving.

By the time Michelle came back outside, Dermot had already moved to the driveway to idly look over the parked vehicles, admiring those that he deemed flashy. As the woman approached and seemed keen to get going, Dermot moved to open the front passenger door for her to get inside his car. All part of his service, of course. However, what wasn't part of the service was being kissed by whoever he was driving home. Michelle seemed to think it was when she leaned in and kissed him, whilst she ran her hands down to his chest. He didn't reject or pull away from the kiss, and when she broke away from it he couldn't help but smirk at her. "Get in the car, ma'am," he coolly told her, pulling open the door and waiting for her to sit down in the passenger seat before he closed the door behind her. Once in the driver's seat, Dermot started the car and set off driving to her house.

Throughout the journey, Dermot maintained a straight face and spoke about anything other than the kiss itself. His silence on the matter reflected the fact that it wasn't even playing on his mind. He wasn't going to overthink the matter as he wasn't often a man who dwelled on matters. Once parked up outside Michelle's house, he stopped the engine and pulled the key out of the ignition. "I'm pretty sure I was promised a nightcap," he reminded her as he got out of the car and waited for her to lead the way to the front door.

Dermot had remained in the kitchen as he and Michelle finished up their drinks. Once both of their glasses were empty, Dermot looked towards the door, but it wasn't the direction of the exit he was seeking, but the route to the staircase. Without hesitation, he stepped towards Michelle and placed his hands on her shoulders, directing her to step backwards until her back was pressed against the wall. Moving in, he pressed his lips to hers and began kissing her more passionately than she had done back at Ginn's house. Feeling something pressing between them, he pulled away and reached down to remove his gun from its holstered position at his hip, setting the weapon down on the kitchen counter. Looking into her eyes, he cocked his head towards the doorway. "Lead the way..." he suggestively told her.

...fade to black...

BasDorcha BasDorcha (Michelle)

Chapter 16: Love and War
Friday 23rd August 1985
...Four weeks later...
Dublin: Early Evening - Dry, Warm, Breezy
London: Evening- Impending Rain, Humid, Cloudy
New York City: Early Afternoon - Warm, Sunny, Cloudy

1659903766620.png

Blake's House
~ Sutton, Dublin ~
Adam Harper and Lucas Sullivan

1659903783927.pngAdam would be lying if he said the last month hadn't been full of challenges and serious contemplation. Thankfully, most who asked were more than willing to accept a vague and short response to such a question. Chase, Blake, and Elena remained the three people he was more likely to open up to. After his leg wound became infected, he had to be put onto antibiotics to stop the infection from spreading. The lingering pain in his leg had commanded him to rest, but by the end of the first week he was already getting restless and ended up back in the gym pushing himself through as much of a workout as he could in light of his injuries. Besides, he didn't want to lose out on any progress he'd made with his workouts and keeping fit was a way of catharsis for him. With Isabella still hanging around, he certainly needed as many outlets for his frustration as he could get. The two had spoken on a number of occasions since her arrival in Dublin, all of which were frosty interactions.

Despite his own injuries, Adam's main concern had been for Elena and how she was coping following the kidnapping. Aware of the ordeal the men had forced her to suffer through, he was understood that the scars on her were psychological more than physiological. His daughter had been somewhat clingy, for a lack of a better word, when with her father. Whilst his past self would have shunned away from such dependency, it never once crossed his mind where Elena was concerned. If she needed him to be there and to reassure her, then he was more than willing to be there for her. Seeing the state she was in at the cabin had broken his heart, so there was no way he wouldn't go out of his way to be there for her now, no matter what she needed from him.

During his debrief with Conor, Adam had at times had to force himself to bite his tongue. Whilst his boss claimed to understand why he'd rushed in to save Elena, he got the overall impression Conor was blaming him for Leo and Thomas getting injured. Having watched Conor act on impulse and in a reckless manner on numerous occasions over the years, it was hard to accept the man confusing recklessness with the innate need to protect his daughter. Then again, Adam wouldn't have accepted the criticism even from someone known for being more controlled, be it James or anyone else. In the end, Adam maintained to Conor that he would do it all again if Elena needed him and the boss seemed to accept it. Adam also let the man's criticism slide as he figured it was all too personal for him with Leo and Thomas being involved, not to mention Conor still seemed to have reservations about his relationship with Blake.

To add to the weight of the last few weeks, Aidan's funeral had finally taken place a week ago. It had been a relief to finally see the man laid to rest, but it had still been difficult having to see another friend buried. He was glad that Kurt was now present in Dublin, but Benjamin's grief was still clear to see and Adam couldn't help but feel bad for the lad. Just like Elena, Benjamin was as innocent as a person could be despite being related to gangsters and criminals. Both of them had been scarred and hurt through no fault of their own.

On the subject of dead guys, one man who was still clinging on to his life was Phelan Sweeney. The man's condition at the hospital had taken a significant turn for the worse the day after he was admitted. The man suffered a heart attack in the hospital and the lack of oxygen to his brain had led to the man being put into an induced coma. As wrong as it would sound, Adam hoped Phelan would give in and let himself die, because the fact of the matter was that there was no way he could be allowed to survive - certainly not with enough of a functioning brain. Phelan knew who was behind Elena's kidnapping and were such information to make it back to the police, then so could the numerous murders committed at the cabin that night. So the easiest way would be for Phelan to die quickly, before someone was ordered to help him along.

lucas.jpgAfter a heavy few weeks, Adam was determined to try give himself and those he was closest to something pleasant to focus on. The fact it was Blake's birthday gave the perfect opportunity. Although it was her birthday yesterday, he'd arranged to do something closer to the weekend so everyone could get more into the celebratory spirit. He was taken aback by how understanding and supportive Blake had been towards him, especially following Isabella's unexpected arrival, so he wanted to make sure she knew how much he cared about her. In the past, such a celebration would have likely involved him taking Blake out for a heavy night of drinking. However, now family was a bigger part of his life, he realised he needed to do something more responsible and that involved their kids. Adam had arranged to cook dinner for Blake, with their kids joining them. Of course, the invite then extended to Natasha's and Elena's respective love interests. Not wanting Collin to feel left out, Adam further extended the invitation so Lucas could join them too - partly to keep Collin company but also to give Finn and George some peace as his way of thanking them for opening up their home to the 'wounded soldiers' a few weeks ago.

Although it was agreed the dinner was best held in Blake's family home, Adam wanted full reign over the kitchen and dining room as he wanted to treat her for her birthday. Having his daughter walking into his life and him entering a serious relationship with a woman he loved seemed to naturally open Adam up to wanting to cook dinner for everyone now. It was the closest he'd ever been to being the centre of a family dinner, certainly since he was a teenager and essentially became the disappointment of his family. Admittedly, his own family had inspired part of the dinner he was cooking today. Granted, the main course was his late grandmother's signature recipe and Adam was always her favourite grandkid, even after all of the times he was in trouble at school. He'd liked the old lady more than he did his own parents, so her passing when he was 16 had been the only time he'd mourned for his family. His parents and siblings could all be dead now, for all he knew, but it wouldn't make any different to him.

When the paella main course was mostly ready, Adam changed out of his t-shirt and into some fresh clothes before calling the adults into the dining room. After taking a couple of plates of food into the lounge where Collin and Lucas were hanging out, Adam then returned to the kitchen and served out various plates of tapas starters in the centre of the table. Finally taking his seat next to Blake, with her on his right, he was glad to rest his aching leg for a little while. He leaned in and kissed her cheek. "Happy birthday, love," he told her, a warm smile on is lips. "Help yourselves to whatever you fancy. Main course won't be too long," he told them. He turned to Elena who was seated on his left side. "¿Estás bien?" he gently asked her.

Bellz Bellz (Blake, Thomas, Natasha, Collin) Pyroclast Pyroclast (Elena) Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Leo)

Beachside Steakhouse
~ Burrow Beach, Sutton, Dublin ~
Sinead and Liam Callahan

1659903826557.pngEven thought Savannah had left weeks ago, Sinead still felt her heart ache as much as it had when her eldest child had first left. She missed her daughter dearly and longed to see Callum's happy little smile again. Although she had managed to speak with the two by carefully planned calls to public telephones, nothing could stop Sinead from worrying. She worried about all of her children and family, so of course she was going to worry when she had no idea where Savannah and Callum were. To add to her concerns, she had been made aware that Braden was heading to London with members of the mob to 'speak' with the Kings. Sinead may be a dreamer and somewhat ditzy, but she wasn't stupid and she knew whatever her son was up to was not simply going to be talking. She worried for his safety and she also feared that her family were just going to make the war with the Kings even worse. Of course, Alex had been causing some trouble in Dublin since Savannah left, but what good was going down there and causing more problems going to do?

All in all, Sinead felt anxious and depressed all over again. She'd ended up seeing her doctor and having them put her back on her medication, upping her doses to levels she hadn't needed to take in quite some years. After the breakdowns she'd had in the past, she recognised the signs and knew she was headed in that direction if things continued to get worse for her family.

1659903842084.pngLiam had also been able to see the signs and with it being the summer holidays and not having school, he asked his mother if she wanted to hang out with him. Leaving Hattie with Peter and Emery, Sinead had agreed to spending some one-to-one time with her youngest, especially as such offers didn't willingly come from the boy so often. Despite it being a nice day outside, Liam had talked Sinead into going to the movies with him and they'd managed to see reruns of the first two Star Wars films, with him then making his mother promise she'd take him to see the third one soon. Granted, he'd already seen all three films, but it was much more fun watching them on the big screen than on VHS.

Following the film, Sinead had taken Liam for a meal to a cute steakhouse by the beach. As they finished up their meal, Liam gripped onto his tall glass and sucked in some milkshake through the straw, as if giving himself some courage to say what he was thinking. "Sav did the right thing, Mum. She wasn't happy here and she wasn't happy in London. She wanted to go somewhere safe and away from all of this fighting, so she did. I miss her and Callum lots, but I'm happy she did what she did to try be happy." Taking another drink, he awkwardly eyed his mother. "It's what I'd do. And... I know it's what you'd do. If it wasn't for Dad, Brady and Em, you'd move away, wouldn't you? You're too kind to be stuck here like this. Father Healy--"

"Enough, Liam!" Sinead interrupted him. Regardless of what her heart wanted, she could never leave her husband and kids in Dublin, and she knew they were in no rush to turn their backs on the mob. "Finish your milkshake, sweety. We need to get home before your dad starts worrying."

As they walked along the quiet beach in direction of the parking lot her car was in, she decided to talk about something less personal. "So, poor Luke, hey? Who would have thought Darth Vader was his father. I wonder what his dad looks like without that helmet thing," she curiously pondered.

"You need to take me to see episode six, Mum," Liam simply told her, flashing a smirk. "Wait until I tell dad you enjoyed the films after all the times you said they looked rubbish!"

"Oh, and that's another thing! Why didn't we go see the first three films before the ones we watched today?!" she asked, clearly disappointed to think she'd missed out on some earlier movies.

A Peaceful Place
~ Unknown, Earth ~
Savannah Callahan

1659903858734.pngLeaving Dublin had been the hardest decision Savannah had had to make in her life, but she knew finding safety and peace wasn't going to come with ease. Not only was she leaving behind the friends and family she loved, but she was also taking Callum away from them too. Despite the bad blood between them, she also felt bad about taking Callum away from Alex and the Kings. However, everyone had proved to her that neither London nor Dublin were safe places for her boy to grow up in. After witnessing many loved ones being killed and injured in gang wars, as well as learning about the family members who had been killed before she was born, she had to end the cycle. She could not let Callum go through the same kinds of trauma, even if it was difficult right now. Maybe one day, when she had assurance both sides of his family had ceased fighting each other, then she could return to them.

The first couple of weeks since moving away had been the hardest. Savannah, Danny and Callum were living in a small villa near the coast. The hot weather was perfect, the neighbours were sweet, and having a pool and beach close by were a bonus. Still, she struggled to embrace them as Callum was clearly having trouble adapting. Of course he missed Alex and both sides of his family, and he'd been upset to hear they weren't just on a vacation but were staying there. He often asked when Alex was going to join them and if Hattie and Eddie would be coming over to play. Callum's questions hit her harder than her own longing to see her family. There had been times when she considered returning to Dublin, but it didn't take too much to remind herself of the hell she'd left behind.

Now, weeks had passed and Callum seemed to be settling in much better. He'd made friends with the children living nearby and he seemed to be enjoying living so close to the beach. This allowed Savannah to relax more and truly embrace the place she was now calling home. She'd already managed to find herself work in a nearby fancy club, sharing her duties between playing the piano and greeting the customers.

There was one person who had been her rock throughout it all and that was Danny. The man had been willing to support her throughout everything and she knew she wouldn't have been able to escape without him. When they first reconnected a few months back, she never imagined they'd end up where they were now. Not only that, but she didn't expect it to be so easy to be around him. What she did know by now was that the feelings she'd had for him back in New York had now returned, but they were different in a way. Her feelings for him now were more mature and more evolved than when they were younger and he was her first love. She could already feel herself falling in love with him again and she was just waiting for the right moment to tell him outright.

Mentioned: Pyroclast Pyroclast (Danny)

Last edited:

Friday 23rd August 1985
...Four weeks later...
Dublin: Early Evening- Dry
London: Evening- Impending Rain
New York City: it's 5 o'clock somewhere- does it matter?

Screen Shot 2022-08-07 at 12.34.01 PM.png

Harper King
May's New Place

~ London ~

A LITTLE BIT EARLIER IN THE DAY...

tumblr_2e8527ed525606b50f4ba8a99a722f21_31521637_1280.jpeg
Jeremy had to literally drag her out of bed this morning. And she was sure he wished she was kidding about that. The last month had been a whirlwind of emotions that she was struggling to keep up with. Everything had fallen perfectly into place the night after she kissed him and that first week had been the most memorable week of her life. But as the honeymoon phase started to ween off, Harper was once again plagued by her addiction. Despite their conversation about little Harper indulging in her morphine pills and coming off of them slowly, Harper didn't want to even touch the stuff again. Fear was propelling her into getting clean and while she was clean for the moment, she knew she needed more help than what she was getting. After fishing around therapists in the area thanks to the help of Trevor, Harper actually decided to go with a friend of Kerry's. Maddox Parker was a remarkably handsome and intelligent man and while she was tense the first time she went, a little belligerent in fact...he seemed to have just as much patience as Jeremy. A blessing for her and Maddox both, really.

This morning she had a session with him and she refused to get out of bed, her body feeling sicker than it had in the previous days. The withdrawals were getting worse and the nausea was waking her up in the middle of the night and sending her running to the bathroom. Jeremy was doing his best to accommodate her, trying to feed her and distract her with dates and other things. But it felt useless and this morning she had woken up defeated. Once he pulled her out of bed, he fixed her a cup of coffee, and when she brought it to her lips the smell of what she normally loved made her gag. Despite not eating nearly as much as she should, Harper was still maintaining weight which she felt good about and she didn't look deathly ill like she had before. Maybe, Maddox had said with a glimmer of hope during their session the waves of withdrawals were finally starting to settle and she was on the mend.

The bus dropped her off at the stop just a few feet away from her apartment and when Harper got up to her door, she looked around for a few moments. Maybe what she needed was a different place to live. A fresh start. This was her first place on her own but it was starting to just be another reminder of her struggles...

Shaking her head at the thought, for now, Harper unlocked the door and walked inside. The boot on her leg was gone now, she had permission to take it off about a week ago and she didn't look back. The stab wound she gave herself was nearly healed as well. Catching herself in the mirror in the hallway, Harper looked as if she was back to normal. She definitely didn't feel that way. "Jeremy?" She called out, walking to the kitchen to find him. When she did, she leaned against the entryway and scrunched her nose, "You cooking?" She asked. He was always trying to make sure she ate, even if that meant choking down something before throwing it back up violently.

"You're too good to me, you know that?" Harper asked, moving to the fridge to grab a water bottle. May had invited the King ladies to her new place and while Harper hadn't turned her down, she was looking for a way out. "Do I have to go to May's tonight? Can't you and I just stay in? I can put on that little red dress you like again..." She hummed, her lower lip jutting out in a pout.

"Come on, Jere..you and I both know I am not in the party type of mood. I feel like you and Darcey are working together to get me out of the house when I don't want to." Harper huffed from her kitchen table. "It's not too late to say I'm dead. That's believable. I died in a freak fetish accident back at my place. That could work. Though I'm not sure how you would fair explaining that one. But we could write a letter and be halfway to Cuba by tomorrow night." Harper's mind was reeling with excuses now, "Or can't go tonight because...my grandmother died...I mean she's not that integrated into the family. She wouldn't even know if we had a grandmother who died!"

with Dirty Traitor Jeremy BasDorcha BasDorcha
mentions: Dirty Traitor #2 Darcey Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (after Bas posts feel free to get her to the house)

Nikolaus Jäger
A Place to Toast

~London ~
tumblr_d11239376a9b3c277b477522833e3ece_f9a1a2a4_540 (1).jpeg
"All I'm saying is Klaus is that you've been hung up on your wife for 6 years now, don't you think it's about high time you've started to at least date again? I mean look at you, mate! You are bloody perfection!" Harry threw the dart towards the board, hitting it to the far right side before cursing. Klaus rolled his eyes though a smirk was on his face as Harry looked at him, waiting for an answer. "I appreciate your concern, Harry. But you are irre if you think I'm going to let you stare at me like that." Klaus chuckled, giving his clearly over-intoxicated pal a light shove. "It would appear that I am about to win. Looks like you owe me another beer. And a German beer, not this pissed-down carbonated water you keep handing me." Klaus said before throwing his dart, hitting dead in the center.

Harry blanched and Klaus raised an eyebrow, "I don't know how you do it, Klaus, near bullseye every time." The German let out a good-natured laugh before saying, "If I told you, I'd have to kill you." Harry let out a laugh as well before heading to the bar, leaving Klaus to sit back down at their tall bar table alone. With his head turned towards the bar, he hadn't realized a woman had walked up to him and when her voice rang out in greeting, he jumped slightly. The woman in question was a delicate little thing, muted red locks curtained her pale freckled face. She looked nervous. "Well, Hello Mäuschen." He greeted smoothly and the woman giggled in reply. An effect he had on almost all the women in London to who he spoke German. "I was wondering if I could buy you a drink." Her voice was soft and sweet, reminding Klaus much of his late wife.

"I am afraid that man over there is already getting me one," Klaus said pointing to Harry and the woman who he did not know looked horribly disappointed and awkward now. "But..." He added, "That man over there could also buy you a drink? Harry is a good friend of mine. He would treat a mäuschen such as yourself like the Queen you are." Klaus said, smiling as the woman blushed and smiled widely at him. Even if he didn't find anyone in his life to make him smile every day, at least he could feel good about helping others achieve happiness.

"Speak of the devil, here he comes now," Klaus said, waving Harry over eagerly. "Harry this is..." Klaus looked to the woman, "Natalia." The woman replied and Klaus smiled smoothly, "Beautiful name Natalia. In my country, that name means 'Christmas Day.' Harry does this beautiful woman not remind you of Christmas morning? Beautiful, yes?" Harry looked at Natalia, bobbing his head in agreement as he smiled at the woman.

"Why don't I let you two get acquainted? I have a german ale that isn't going to finish itself." Klaus looked to Natalia and held out his hand for her to take. Once she did, he kissed it delicately. "A pleasure, Natalia." The woman giggled again, turning nearly pink before Klaus looked at Harry. "I'll see you at the station, Har." Patting his buddy on the back, Klaus took his beer and made himself scarce to the corner of the pub.

Once he was seated, he nursed his beer, just people-watching for the moment.
will be with: The beautiful Ava Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess

Roxie Carriveau
Keys Warehouse

~ Sutton, Dublin ~

7df923b92d87685fd3c6428ad20e7973 (1).jpeg
Lucy had been a little too eager to take the kids off of Roxie and Syd's hands when they had asked. It was the quickest yes she'd ever heard from the woman and Roxie couldn't miss the wide smile on the blonde's face as she waved them off. Roxie had allowed Syd to drive them to the piano warehouse. She had offered to get him a new one after they...tuned the other one a little too well. Things had been quiet work-wise and in terms of her side of the business, Roxie had been allowing Ricky to do what he needed to. In her mind, it was better to let him think that she had just about given up her position for the time being. Two could play the lying game and while Roxie wouldn't stoop so low as to finish him or Julia off just yet, that idea wasn't completely off the table.

Small talk in the car was easy now, no longer felt uncomfortable around Syd. Though they still danced around the subject of what they had done at Syd's house. They also skirted around Savvy leaving, which only brought instant tears to overly emotional Roxie whenever the woman was mentioned. Arriving at the warehouse, despite being 7 months along now, she got out on her own with ease. This pregnancy was so much easier than her other 3. Sure, she had the usual aches and pains but not as terrible as they had been before, and for that, she was grateful given her age. "So...piano shopping. I figure we should probably look for something similar to the other one yes? Or are you looking for a complete upgrade?" Roxie asked Syd as they walked towards the entrance.

When he opened the door, Roxie stepped inside. The person behind the counter asked them if they were looking for anything specific but Roxie just shook her head, "I think we are just going to browse, for now, thank you." She offered the person a kind smile and they told her and Syd if they needed anything to just holler before returning to the magazine they were reading before. As they walked along the piano Roxie got the weirdest sense of deja vu that made her feel a little funny. Slowing in her walking, she could remember the first time they had ever gone shopping together.

Roxie had been 26 at the time and Syd had been 30. Both of them had no clue what was ahead of them for the rest of the year, or the connections that would bring them close together before tearing them apart. Things were so different than yet...somehow the same now. As Roxie glanced at her ex from her peripherals, she couldn't help but notice the aging in him. Not that it was a bad thing...but he really had matured. He still had such a baby face when they met and the same could be the said about her. They were just kids and yet much more grown than most even then.

💃 Friday 16th July 1971 🕺
Alison-Brie06-450x675 (1).jpeg
"You know, your family's parties blow my families out of the water. Haven't had a good night like that in years!" Roxie was a breezy person, she never tried to harbor on much and what happened that night with Syd was in the past, for the most part. Who could blame her for teasing? "Drinks were so good I just had to try them on!" Laughing to herself, Roxie changed out of the dress into an outfit that she felt might be a little more appropriate for what she was going for. "Alright, try to keep your mouth closed for this one okay? You'll catch flies." Roxie opened the door to reveal herself in a leather outfit now, Jacket to pants it was all leather, except for her bare feet, and the bra that show ever so slightly underneath it all.

"I think this one would really pack a punch, huh? Stick it to the man." Turning from the mirror, she faced Syd and wiggled her eyebrows enthusiastically, "Soooo what about this? I know its not a dress..."

57ffb0680d09c073a117af098840d205 (1).gif
Roxie watched as Syd's jaw dropped, his whole body stiffening as he rubbed the back of his neck to relieve the uncomfortable heat that pricked his skin. "Hm" was all he could get out and Roxie couldn't help the smile on her face as she watched him. They both stared so intensely at one another that time seemed too slow. Finally, the man smiled and said, "Well, you're dad's definitely not gonna like it. But if it were my party, I wouldn't kick you out..." He got to his feet carefully and took a step towards her. Roxie's heart raced in her chest, anticipating something...that something...she wasn't sure what.

He had bit down on his lip in an attempt to suppress a smile, and there was a moment of silence as neither of them dared to speak. The tension in the air was indisputable, though she couldn't quite place it. "Meet me by the till," he told her. "Then, I don't know...I'll take you for a drink somewhere if you like?" Roxie felt like the man before her could have stared at her all day in the leather she wore now. Roxie was disappointed when he decided not to. But at the invitation for drinks, she was just happy that she would be able to spend some more time with him. It seemed like neither of them were ready to say goodbye just yet.

Roxie hadn't realized she'd zone out, her hands swiping a few keys on the piano closest to her as she did. The song in the warehouse was playing older rock, a genre that both she and Syd enjoyed. Bon Jovi's You give love a bad name played its final notes as Roxie hummed along absentmindedly. "Did you ever give your sister that camera....from the thrift store we had gone to all those years ago?" Roxie finally asked out of curiosity as she turned to look at Syd. Just as she met his eyes, the beginning While My Guitar Gentle Weeps began to play.

A chill surged down her spine at the coincidence as she stared at Syd for a long moment. Roxie had refused to listen to this song ever since they broke up. It was one of the only songs that triggered such a strong memory of what they had. Though a short relationship, Roxie and Syd had thrown everything into it. He had become her everything in that small amount of time and she was sure she had become his as well. They loved as hard as they fell. She could still feel the kiss he had given her that night after they had gone shopping for that new dress, the way he pulled her in closer before telling her that he had wanted to kiss her like that from the moment he first laid eyes on her. His lips fell to her ear, telling her to put on that leather outfit he'd bought her as the song slowed to a close in his living room back in New York.

Swallowing hard, Roxie cleared her throat. "So...pianos." Was all she could muster as the song continued to play, threatening to pull her into the memories she had been forcing herself to forget all of these years.
for my sweetheart Pyro: Syd Pyroclast Pyroclast

Last edited:
Chapter 16: Love & War
Friday 23rd August 1985
...Four weeks later...
Dublin: Evening- Cool
London: Evening- Impending Rain
Kidnapping.jpg
9a7c33b99ffe975fe787afe4e90ffbf51d3005e9.jpg
ccfb078f0d0e773c84abf839c76cd358.jpg

Le Diner
~Bethnal Green, London~
Alexander King
9684350583c672396d53aa69735a0c0b.gif

It’d been a helluva month for Alex ever since finding out about Savannahskipping town. The woman had taken his son and disappeared without a trace or word and he was sure her stupid family helped her do it. While Alex had been okay with never hearing from her again, it was Callum that sent him on a downward spiral. Never before had he felt the way he had - crazed, heartbroken, worried. And not just concerned with Callum’s well-being, either, but with how the boy would perceive him in the future. Though it had only been recent, Alex was doing his best to prove to himself and everyone else that he was better than Trevor; that he wouldn’t just up and abandon his kid; that he was capable of changing his behavior. He wasn’t sure what Callum thought about not seeing or hearing from him in the past month and it was probably his tipping point. Alex could only assume the young boy was confused and heartbroken thinking that Alex didn’t want him anymore. Those thoughts kept Alex up until he wasn’t sleeping and barely eating. His mind was quickly deteriorating with no sign of stopping in sight.

Gabe and Teddy had both been in attendance when he broke the news out. They’d seen the man in an emotional state and usually, that would make Alex feel embarrassed. However, knowing the two men had gone through something not too long ago he knew they’d understand his reaction. Gabriel offered his help in locating both Savannah and Callum- Alex hastily taking him up on it. The more help he had the sooner he would be able to find his son. In addition to Moretti's assistance, Alex had been doing his own digging as well. Every lead he thought he had was a dead end and it only added to his fury and annoyance. So much so that he’d turned to juvenile methods of getting the Sullivans attention; hiring people to mess with their businesses and even calling at all hours of the day and night. The man was emotional and only thought with those emotions.

Bruce, Jeremy, and Alex had been out following up on more dead-ended leads. Alex shouldn’t have been surprised when they came up empty-handed once more, but he couldn’t help it. Hope was a fickle thing and he was full of it. Every time he was told they may have something his heart raced and every time they found nothing he felt it jerk in his chest. It was a feeling he didn’t wish on anyone… Well, maybe his worst enemy but no one that didn’t deserve it. Eventually, he figured maybe he did deserve this. All the shitty things he’d done to both Savannah and other women; to his family. Was this the universe's way of telling him this is what happens when you’re a shit person? If it were he was definitely sorry.

The three men were sitting in a diner, trying to force Alex to eat something but the man just refused. The knot that had grown in the pit of his stomach was taking up space. Even if he did eat he was sure he’d just throw it all up. During this time Alex had taken up smoking. It was the only thing that had calmed his nerves even a little. The thought of drugs crossed his mind but then it made him think of his parents. When Alex eventually got his son back - something he’d been trying to speak into existence - he didn’t want to be hooked and repeat history. No, he’d enjoy his newfound nicotine addiction instead. He lit one up as he looked out the window attached to the booth they were sitting in- his mind wandering yet never remaining on one thought for too long. That is, until he started to think about the plan he'd gone and set in motion...

Jeremy ( BasDorcha BasDorcha )
Bruce ( Pyroclast Pyroclast )

Somewhere They Shouldn't Be
~Dublin~
Nikita Blake
priyanka02.jpg
For the past couple of months, Kit had been unbelievably bored. She hadn't been allowed to go on the trip to Dublin nor had she been allowed to do any sort of retaliation. What was the point, she figured, of being a guard if she wasn't allowed to do her job? She'd been making do with the little guys - people to beat up if they owed money but dead men can't pay their debts. The most fun she'd had in the past couple of months was finding the men who had attacked Jocelyn. Or was it when she messed those two girls about with Jeremy? Either way, she was doing a lot less torturing and beatings and a lot more sitting around and doing nothing. That's why when Alex contacted her about a job in Dublin she accepted with no questions. She didn't even question the fact that it was Alex giving her orders and not Spencer or Bruce - people who normally gave her jobs. And when he stressed to her that they weren't to be told anything she didn't question it either. Though her gut was nudging her, telling her that she probably should say something to them, the fact that he asked her not to overrode that.

Normally, Kit didn't need help when it came to jobs such as this neither did she want it. But, because both she and Alex wanted things to be done right and nothing go wrong Jocelyn was contacted. From what Kit heard that young woman had went and got herself all hardened - a killer in her own right. Kit liked to think she had something to do with it and it brought her joy to do something like that; take someone who was seemingly innocent and turn them against the world. In reality, Jocelyn probably liked killing on her own and it had nothing to do with Kit. But still. Twas a sentiment she liked to have. Either way, knowing that Jocelyn could potentially be an uncaring killing machine was the only reason Kit agreed to the woman tagging along to Dublin. She hadn't been a people person but she was sure based off their last interaction Jocelyn would understand the type of person she was anyway.

The train ride to Dublin went better than expected. The necessary people had been paid off to make sure they had what they needed for the job. Thanks to some information from Alex, Kit knew some of the locations the her target had frequented. Unfortunately, he'd always been with some sort of adult, who had also been accompanied by guards. As much as Kit liked to boast as far as her skills went, even she had to admit that it wasn't something she could do alone. Not even with Jocelyn's help would they be able to accomplish what was needed. Instead, they continued to trail them until an opportunity presented itself. Because she was only told to grab the kid, Kit wanted to inform Alex of this. When Alex informed her that she was to take them both she complied and waited until the time was right. That was a day ago, and as Kit and Jocelyn sat in their car, waiting for a chance to do what they needed, Kit turned to Jocelyn to tell her the instructions. "So, we're yankin' the kid and whoever's with him. Alex's explicit commands were, "Don't fucking hurt them, Nikita," she said, mimicking his voice, "So, can't fuckin' hurt 'em. BUT! He wants info and we're gonna get it to him via alternative methods. Understand?"

Jocelyn ( BasDorcha BasDorcha )

Out and About
~City of London, London~
Erik Snowden
30richard-madden-promo-superJumbo.jpg

Hearing about Savannah and Callum up and disappearing from Alex's life had been shocking. Though he knew very little when it came to Alex and his relationship with the woman, based on the first and last time he'd seen her he thought her to be lovely. The kind of woman that, despite having a shitty man being the father of her child, made sure said child formed his own opinions about him. She'd apparently brought Callum to London that time at the pub of her own accord. It hadn't been discussed or anything. Someone who does that wasn't the sort of person to just run away without a word. Or at least, that's what he thought until Alex burst into the meeting.

Erik had been privy to the breakdown and spiral of Alex King as the Morettis had leant a hand in the search for Callum. Every time he saw the man he looked worse and worse; his status confirmed whenever he spoke with Billy. Erik himself couldn't imagine going through something like that and felt bad for Alex. Throughout his employment in London, a soft spot for the King family had formed. He'd fallen in love with Billy and in turn, began to love his family. It was strange to reflect on as he aided in digging up information and he blamed the current situation for it.

When he was able to take time for himself, Erik kept up both his nurse and host duties - Billy and Ava still require some of his assistance. Though he was curious about what the two of them had talked about while he was gone he didn't ask. That's what they were expecting, right? To be asked if they'd talked about him? He knew that neither would spill any secrets - or rather hoped - to each other, so he was safe there. Besides, if he were to hold up the facade that nothing really bothered him then he couldn't pester them about any conversations they had! So for the next month, he didn't and instead worried about the task of finding a little kid and his mom in such a big world.

Riding around with Billy and Spencer all day had been a little weird and awkward in the beginning. The last time they were all together, Spencer had caught him about to bend his brother over the bathroom sink... It led to Erik and Billy confessing that not only were they both gay, but were in a relationship. It was both an awkward and intense moment and Erik still wasn't sure how he survived. What he did know was that it was never brought up again. And he definitely wasn't going to be the one who brought it up. So as the three of them drove through London Erik managed to keep his comments PG-13 and not say anything too flirtatious in front of Spencer. Eventually, the three of them had decided to take a bit of a break from all the searching they'd been doing. Plus, Erik really needed to use the restroom. He pulled over in front of a King-owned laundromat and sought out the restroom. Like clockwork, the moment he laid eyes on the men's symbol of the bathroom the urge to really go hit him. "Oh, motherfucker," he mumbled, storming his way inside to relieve himself. After he finished and washed his hands he returned to the car. "Alright boys, where to next?"

Spencer ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )
Billy ( Pyroclast Pyroclast )

Last edited:
A Place to Toast
~London ~
Ava Moretti

064f5cfeb1bb5833720d6ba3a0832749.jpg
"C''mon. You're tellin' me a foxy babe like you ain't got a man waitin' at home for ya?" Yet another man thinking Ava needed one in her life. And every time she asked what a man could provide for her, they'd always say money. As if her owning the bar they spent hundreds of thousands of dollars in wasn't enough. Every night she ignored it and watered down their drinks so they'd spend more. And every night she fought them all off until the end of the night just to have to repeat it the next day. Most women would be over it but Ava rarely ever let little things such as flirting and harassment bother her. She'd grown up on a compound full of men and had definitely become used to it. However, the moment a man actually decided to try and put his hands on her she lost it. All the pent-up annoyance and anger that she'd gone through had finally broken through; in the form of her beating the shit out of someone and walking away with only a busted lip. Though it may have gone into her book of shitty nights, it was also one of her most memorable.

It was the night she met Marcus.

Two months had passed since his death now and she found herself reminiscing about that night. They were bittersweet thoughts that she had no clue how to get rid of. Yes, she'd met the man who finally got her to settle done. No, because now she was stuck with nothing to remember him by except for the hole he'd left in her heart. Years ago Ava hadn't even thought about kids or marriage or anything of the like and yet now she was pining for them. Sitting at the bar alone, she chuckled to herself and shook her head. "What an asshole." The bartender had placed another shot of tequila in front of her and Ava wasted no time knocking it back. "You're sure puttin' them away, aren't ya doll?" Ava just smiled at him. "Girl can't drown her sorrows?" The bartender smirked back and nodded his head, sliding two more shots of tequila in front of her. "The good stuff," he whispered, winking before going to take care of another patron.

Ava appreciated the fact that here, in London, when a girl told a guy to fuck off they listened. It allowed her to just be and wallow and people watch. In the past month that she'd spent here - which was only supposed to be about a week - she'd come to enjoy it a bit more than New York. Otherwise, she'd have probably gone back by now... Though her life had been there - her father, her bar, and gallery, and even her second family - there had been a bit of consideration behind moving to London. Or, did that sound crazy? Pushing her hair back she shook her head and took another shot. "I can't just leave..." She muttered. She then dragged her finger around the rim of her final shot before knocking it back as well. While she waited for the bartender to bring her another round, she decided to do a little people-watching. 'Maybe you should find someone. Ya know, nag that sadness out.' Erik's voice echoed in her head. "You would know, huh?"

She hadn't exactly decided if she was going to go home with someone that night, but a girl could look. Turning in her chair she did a once over of the room. Pickings were slim, but there were a few lookers. A man playing pool, one putting a quarter into a juke machine, and another playing darts. She debated once more if she should before sucking air through her teeth and turning back around. Why was she being so indecisive? It's not like Marcus was going to come out of the grave and be angry at her for moving on. She then decided to take a breather and slip to the bathroom for a moment. "I'm not running. Just going to the 'loo'," she informed, earning a smile and a shake of the head. By the time she returned, a man was sitting in her seat with a beer in his hand. With her hand against the bar and the other on her hip she cleared her throat. "I was quite fond of that seat."

Daddy ( Bellz Bellz )

Blake McCarthy
Natasha McCarthy
Thomas Porter

Blake McCarthy's Home
~ Sutton, Dublin ~

fb0611e6b082c868d3109bbb3aa54bd1.jpeg
The last month had been a blur of worrying about Adam and Elena, but also worrying about her own children and attempting to take her own well-being into account. Luckily, this was a balancing act that she wasn't unfamiliar with. Blake had become Adam's round-the-clock caretaker after what happened and had extended such duties to helping out with Elena when Thomas needed some time. On top of it, it seemed as though things between Natasha and Leo were going well again. Blake knew that her daughter needed to really put things in perspective in order to see that perhaps sticking by his side wasn't the worst-case scenario. While she wasn't thrilled that her daughter had to be exposed to the hardships of mob life, she knew it would only make her stronger in the end.

The only real normalcy that Blake had going on in her life was with Collin. The boy was so far removed from everything else that she was able to enjoy the quiet moments with him when she had them, the pair watching movies together or going out for an ice cream date. The more he grew the more he reminded her of Jackson. It was uncanny looking at him sometimes, especially when he was concentrating on something. Blake was happy to let her birthday come and go without any fuss, but Adam seemed to have other plans, which she didn't oppose to.

Though her actual birthday was yesterday, today they were having a family dinner to celebrate it. The day before, Adam and she had spent most of the day in bed, with Natasha taking over responsibilities with Collin for the day and most of the night. Things really started to feel almost normal again, like everything was falling back into place.

tumblr_7f6860cf6432ddcc499a110243c8dec0_21ffa9d9_1280.jpeg
Walking into the bathroom in the hallway, Blake peeked her head around the door to find Nat curling her hair. "Do you have those earrings I let you borrow a few weeks ago, the pearl ones?" She asked her daughter to which the fellow blonde nodded her head, "In the jewelry box in the corner, mam." The young girl told her just as she finished her hair, spraying it with hairspray before looking in the mirror. "As beautiful as always, Luv." Blake complimented and Natasha smiled shyly, "It's because I look like you." She said before moving to hug her mother as she was putting in her earrings. "Happy birthday again!" Nat cheered and Blake shook her head, letting out a soft sigh. "Another year older I'm afraid. That deal I made with the universe ages ago seems to have worn off. I thought I'd never age a day over 30." Blake teased and Nat laughed, "If it's any consolation, you don't look a day over 30 anyway."

Blake smiled brightly, "Kissing up to your mam, huh? What do you want? Money, alone time with Leo?" Natasha swatted at her mom, hitting her in the chest accidentally but Blake just laughed. "It's not funny mom!" Nat insisted and Blake rolled her eyes, "Then why the heck am I laughing?" She teased again before dipping out of the way of her hand flying towards her again. "Tough crowd! Come on, your boy toy is waiting for you downstairs!" Blake said loud enough for someone to hear if they were close enough to the stairs.

***​

Warner+Bros+Comic+Con+International+2014+ddWO1QKqoNOx.jpeg
Thomas had been anxious the last month. Though his healing was still far from over physically, he knew he could handle what happened mentally better than Elena. So, for the previous month, he was at her beck and call, whatever she needed or wanted he would get for her. Of course, there were some limitations, one, in particular, made him blush every single time he thought about it. But besides that, there wasn't a lot he said no to over the past four weeks. Whenever she wanted to see Adam, no matter the time of day, he'd drive her to him. After almost losing her, Thomas felt as though he needed to give her heaven and the earth in order to make sure that he made up for the fact that she could have disappeared from his life.

And he would be lying if he said he hadn't enjoyed being in her company. Thomas loved Elena more than words could really tell her. So he tried to make it up with constant cuddling and closeness, even letting her sleep in his bed. Of course, he wouldn't fall asleep a wink in fear of waking up from a night terror in the middle of the night and accidentally hurting her. She had already been through so much and Thomas wanted to make sure that he could ease her mind in whatever way he could. So tonight, Adam had invited them both over to Blake's for her birthday dinner and Thomas for once was actually excited to be able to be out of the house. He enjoyed the presence of the company who had been invited and he felt like he could be at ease now with Adam, if only for a little bit while they both healed from saving his daughter.

As they got out of the car and walked up the steps towards the door, it opened to show Blake's smiling face. "Just in time, you two! A rare sight, your dad is cooking Elena." Blake murmured, moving to gently give both of them a hug before welcoming them inside. Thomas looked to Elena, helping her set her purse down in the entryway before smiling down at her, "It actually doesn't smell like burning food in here, I'm quite impressed." He commented before moving to kiss her forehead gently. "You look beautiful." He said to her, constantly wanting to remind her that she looked amazing no matter how she might feel on the inside. He loved her inside and out. Through it all.

Natasha floated down the stairs, seeing Thomas and Elena, her eyes lit up. "Hey you two!" She said, moving to hug them gently as well before looking to Elena, "I love your outfit! Maybe we could trade some fits sometimes, I think you and I are definitely the same sizes. You have way better taste than I do." Natasha said kindly, smiling brightly before her eyes found Leo already in the house.

Despite the easing back into their relationship, there were moments when things still felt...tense. Especially after everything, they all had been through. Nat smiled at him regardless, "You clean up nice." She commented teasingly before nodding her head at all of them as Adam called them to the dining room. "I'm starving!" Nat commented happily. Her hand slipped naturally into Leo's hand as they walked to the dining room.

Blake placed a hand on her chest at the array of food. "Oh Adam, this looks wonderful, Luv!" She gushed before moving to sit to his right. When he kissed her cheek, she blushed and smiled as he told her happy birthday. "Another year down in the books, time sure flies." She murmured.

Thomas allowed Elena to sit next to Adam and he moved to sit across from her next to Natasha who was sitting next to Leo. Once everyone was seated, they dug into the food that was on the table. Natasha looked between everyone for a moment, a gentle smile on her face. "I don't think we've had this many people in our dining room since I was smaller. It's nice. Thank you for the dinner, Adam. If this starter is any indication of what the main meal is going to be like, I'm excited!"
with: Adam Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Elena Pyroclast Pyroclast ; Leo Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess

Nikolaus Jäger
A Place to Toast

~ London ~
He-Goes-From-Cute-Puppy-Dog-to-Heartthrob-in-05-Seconds.gif
Klaus had been lost in deep thought when a female voice caught him off guard, and he was rarely caught off guard. Cooly, he took a sip of his beer before turning on his stool, looking from her feet all the way up to her face in a quick glance. Setting his pint down on the bar, Klaus cleared his throat. "Ach du lieber Gott fräulein." The man said, before standing up, dipping his head in an apology. "I am very sorry for that, I was just escaping my friend's presence before he got too...aroused." The man said, a coy smile playing on his lips. "In any case, I kept the seat warm." He said before realizing how weird that sounded. That was odd, normally he was smooth going when talking to the women. Scrunching his nose, he let out a boyish laugh before moving to rub the back of his neck nervously.

"Ah, you must excuse me, der Schatz. It is not every day that I take such a beautiful woman's seat and look like a fool speaking with her." Klaus realized that perhaps he was saying too much now and with a shake of his head, he moved to sit down on the stool next to her. Staring straight ahead, he let out a deep sigh as he took another sip of his ale. After a few beats from the jukebox, Klaus turned to look at the woman again, noting the ink on her forearm. "I don't see many women here with tattoos. I take it you are not from London, yes?" Klaus asked curiously. He was observing her every movement, any slight change in her face even from his peripherals.

"I am a bit of a tattoo addict myself." The man said, moving to roll up his sleeve, showing her his family crest that he had done when he turned 17. "I have a few on my back as well. Many people tend to think that tattoos are a sign of being trashy, but I like to call them scars that tell a story...ones that you chose to get. Much different from involuntary ones, no?" Klaus asked softly, offering her a dazzling smile before looking towards the bar again. "Have a drink of choice? I wouldn't mind buying you a drink." The man said, his accent a little thick as his voice went lazily husky.

When his eyes found hers again, they crinkled in the corners as he smiled. Reaching out a hand to her, he introduced himself. "My names is Nikolaus Jäger, but most people just call me Klaus..and who do I have the pleasure of meeting?" He wanted to put a name to that beautiful face, those beautiful eyes...he felt like he could get lost in them if he looked for too long.
with: M O M M Y Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess

Le Diner
London
Jeremy Gray
1659932812260.pngThe last month had been rough on Harper, but Jeremy was more convinced than ever that they were made for each other, and as cheesy as it sounded, they could overcome anything. He knew Harper was still struggling, and he had been doing everything he could to help her – making her meals three times a day, making sure she bathed, and drank water, even commanding her at times when she was acting bratty. It always ended up with her doing what he wanted, followed by nudity and sweat. Jeremy was definitely addicted to the woman. So far the only person who knew anything was Spencer, who he had called up to hang out a few days after their honeymoon week had passed. Spencer was his best friend and the only person he felt safe talking to until Harper felt ready to tell everyone exactly what they were right now – most of all him. They hadn’t made it official or asked each other to go steady, but in Jeremy’s mind that’s exactly what it was. Still, Harper being Harper, he knew not to open his mouth yet.

When Harper started seeing Maddox, he noticed small changes, even though she hated going. This morning had been one of the bad mornings. She had looked like she was sick to the bone when he finally went and lifted her out of the bed and took her to the living room via a fireman’s carry because she wouldn’t get up. He had brought her a cup of coffee and sat it next to her but watched her almost spit it back out. Thankfully she was still eating and even though sometimes she threw it up, some would stay down and it was keeping her from loosing more weight.

As she left for therapy, Jeremy had to stop himself from following her – he still sent her with a driver because he couldn’t in good conscious leave her alone – as they now had a slightly different relationship then just body guard and the protected. It was a conversation that he needed to have with Bruce, and Spencer was still thinking out how he felt, but there it was, he needed to treat her like an equal and this was him trying to do it – even if Bruce would skin him for it. When she came back in, he admired the way she walked and how she was finally picking up some color and filling back out a bit. She would always be beautiful to him no matter what, but he couldn’t help admitting he liked Harper whenever she was at her thickest. Jeremy had always had a thing for plumper girls even if Harper had always been more on the normal/petite side.

The smell of brisket filled the house, along with vegetables and fresh bread. Truth was he had been so nervous about letting her go alone he had started cooking to stay busy. What started as one thing turned into a whole other when he decided to try a bread recipe he had made with his uncle as a kid. Harper coming in to grab water, he smiled, shaking his head as she immediately jumped in to try and bail on May – again. He had been firm on this, for reasons he couldn’t quite understand himself except that he thought she deserved a chance. The girl had done nothing to deserve being mistreated but because of her bloodline it wasn’t quite that easy. He had seen her at the Mercury both before and during the explosion, and she worked constantly with Darcey, and so far, none of the investigative work they had done exposed May as a liar, that theoretically should be enough to prove her innocence. Unfortunately, with Sullivan in her tree, it wasn’t going to be.

“Harper Elizabeth King, you will get dress, you will brush your teeth, and you will go see your sister – can you imagine for one moment how she might feel? She’s been a shadow in London for two years with no family, and few friends. First she finds out she’s a Sullivan and that her family was much bigger than she thought and none of them wanted her, only to find out soon after that she is also related to you and your bunch. Half of the King’s don’t trust her, don’t want to, and Alex openly hates her. Billy is to wrapped up in Erik right now to see anything else. Spencer is his normal aloof self-pretending he has no feelings on the matter, Bruce will never put her before you guys, and only accepts her because of you four. I think, if it were me, I’d be feeling pretty alone right now, and uncertain of what is okay and what isn’t. You guys were friends before, I don’t understand how finding out she’s your sister can change that – if anything it should have brought you closer since you already were getting on so well.”

Jeremy turned, backing her against the counter and giving her a kiss that wasn’t quite passionate enough to get them both worked up, but was still more than a normal kiss. “Now, go get ready. This brisket must cook over night, but if you’re good, I’ll make you some toast and honey for a snack before you go.” He swatted at her butt and sent her on. He had to get ready too, Bruce and him were on Alex duty for the day and had decided to try and get him out to lunch. He needed to get his head in the game, but for the moment, was stuck on petty retaliation and missing Callum. The latter he couldn’t disagree with, but the prankster type attacks on the Sullivan’s when there was already so much going on wasn’t good.

1659932683346.pngOn the way to meet up with them, Jeremy stopped at a guy’s house he knew from his university days, picking up a special baked good for Alex. The guy was particularly good at weed brownies, making them both strong and delicious. He threw it in a paper bag for his friend, dropped in the front seat and headed for the diner. After ordering a burger and chips, he sat back, watching Alex, the concern sketched into his face as he turned to look at Bruce afterwards, nodding his head towards his friend. “Hey, so tell us what you’ve been up to Alex, have you heard anything?” He knew he hadn’t, but he needed to get his friend talking. “Come up with any new ideas? We need you here and focused bud, it’s the fastest route back to Callum. Also, I got you this, its from that friend down the street that we use to go get party favors from. I know we ain’t teens anymore, or college kids, getting messed up on weekends, but it’ll help you sleep, and maybe give you some appetite – besides all the doctors say that it’s non-habit forming, so you want have to worry about some kind of crappy withdrawals.” Jeremy sat the brown bagged brownies on the table next to Alex. The brownies were not small, easily the size of a hand, and delicately scored to break into sections.

“If you remember correctly, you only need a quarter of one of these to help with your appetite and have ‘fun’. Anything more will knock a person out. I grabbed you a couple so you can spread it over a few days and try and keep your health up. You’re almost as skinny as Harper.” He really had been loosing a lot of weight and Jeremy was concerned for his friend.

Mentions Bellz Bellz - Harper
Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess - Alex
Misty Gray Misty Gray - Spencer
Pyroclast Pyroclast - Billy/Bruce

Last edited:
Harper King
Harper's Apartment
~ London ~
Harper rolled her eyes at Jeremy as he used her full name, lecturing her as if she was a child. Then he asked her to imagine what May might have felt like, what she had been going through, and Harper couldn't help but do just that. If it had been at any other time in her life, Harper would have been much more welcoming. Sure, May and she had been friends before, but her being her new sister changed things. What Jeremy didn't understand was that she was being standoffish with the woman to protect her. Then again, it was the same thing she had been doing with him before she gave in. He didn't understand then, guess he wouldn't understand this time either. Harper had meant every single word she had said during that meeting when it was revealed who May was to the Kings. Spencer and Billy had already dug their own graves with Harper, Alex was the only one who really seemed to care about her now sibling-wise. Well...and she guessed May did too. But Harper didn't want May to burn the bridges she was trying to build with her family. They were not in a good place right now, it wasn't a good time.

Harper knew where Alex stood with May, she was just trying to keep May from experiencing two other versions of him. Jeremy annoyingly said that he felt that May probably felt pretty alone and Harper felt bad suddenly. Guess that made two of them? Jeremy was doing his best, but what she was going through was an isolated experience in itself. Harper felt like she could hardly take care of herself or be concerned with her own shit let alone May's...

Maybe that's what needed to change. Harper was left thinking in silence for a long moment as she mulled over his words. But she was pulled from her thoughts as he backed her against the counter, looking up at him, she couldn't help the smile that dawned on her face as he leaned in to kiss her. The kiss left her dizzy like all of his kisses did and when he pulled away she let out a little frustrated growl. "Now I feel like you are just trying to tease me." She huffed before he told her if she was good he'd make her some toast and honey before she left. "Yes, Daddy." She said, a smirk forming on her face as she turned to leave.

He then swatted her butt and Harper turned to look at him, her mouth formed in an 'o'. "You know, ever since I took your well-guarded v card, you've gotten a little cocky. I think I might have to straighten you out when I get home. Let you know who the boss is around here, bodyguard." Harper said teasingly before running to her room to freshen up.

Once they said their goodbyes, Harper was left waiting for Darcey. With Jeremy no longer there to distract her, her thoughts were going a mile a minute as she paced her living room, biting her fingernails. There wasn't anything to worry about. Her nerves were all over the place lately. She was just being paranoid. Nothing was going to happen tonight. She kept forcing herself to think those thoughts as she waited. But in her anxiety, another wave of nausea hit her and sent her running to the bathroom.

When she came out after having vigorously brushed her teeth again, there was a knock at the door. Sighing, she went to answer it and a small smile formed on her face as she greeted Darcey, "Almost thought you forgot about me." She murmured, her tone not malice in any way. "Ready to get this over with?" She asked Darcey as she moved to lock her door, following the woman to her car and getting in.
was with: Mr. Cocky BasDorcha BasDorcha
Now with: Mum Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess

Around the City
~ City of London, London ~

Spencer King

spencer babey.jpgSpencer had returned home from his vacation with Shona and Eddie to learn that Savannah had taken Callum away somewhere without informing anyone. Spencer was pissed off to say the least and seeing how badly Alex was taking it was upsetting to watch. Spencer had called Sinead on a few occasions to reason with the more gentle-natured woman in hopes she would crack and reveal Savannah's location. Either the usually soft woman had learned how to lie or Sinead genuinely didn't know where Savannah was. Regardless, it only made his overall feelings about the Sullivans turn even more sour. He'd also been briefed on the situation by Bruce and had learned the Morettis were assisting with trying to track down Savannah and Callum. Spencer was torn on that matter. He knew the Italians had far more resources and many contacts available to help strengthen the search. However, he continued to struggle with trusting Gabriel and even with the man offering to help, Spencer couldn't help but question the man's true intentions. What was he really expecting in return? As tempting as it was to ask Moretti those questions directly, he knew Bruce wouldn't be happy with him if he rubbed the powerful Italians up the wrong way.

With his return to London, Spencer's busy workload fell straight back onto him, making his peaceful holiday with Shona and Eddie seem like ages ago already. Still, Spencer tried to fit in as much time with his wife and son as he could, not wanting to miss out on too many memories because of his role in the business. The balance was difficult, but he was determined to make it work. Unfortunately, today wasn't one of those family days as Spencer had a lot to sort out with the various businesses around London. He had too many errands to run; debts to collect and partners to check in on. With Bruce and Jeremy on Alex duty, it had been Billy and Erik who found themselves accompanying Spencer on his business for the day.

Being in the car with Billy and Erik all day, Spencer hadn't been oblivious to the fact there seemed to be some awkwardness in the air. As time went on, the atmosphere did improve, though he was sure the couple were holding back on how they might naturally behave with each other without him in the way. Erik pulled over and parked up outside the laundromat, clearly desperate to use the toilet. With the man gone, Spencer looked over his shoulder at Billy, having called shotgun and made his youngest brother sit in the back. "You an' Jeremy haven't been having any more spats, have ya?" he curiously asked his brother. Over recent weeks, Jeremy had not only told Spencer about his fight with Billy, but he'd also told him about him and Harper now dating, something he wanted to be kept quiet for the time-being. Spencer still wasn't sure how he felt about his best friend and his sister dating, but he wasn't going to break their confidence by telling everyone else what the couple clearly didn't want adverting yet.

Soon enough, Erik returned to the car and got into the driver's seat. Spencer reached for the handle to open the passenger door and with his other hand posted to the convenience store across the road. "I nearly forgot, I told Shona I'd get some bread and milk on the way home. Might buy her some fancy wine shit while I'm in there," he explained. "Does either of you want anything while I'm in there?" he offered. "I'll only be five minutes, lads, so try to contain yourselves in here while I'm away," he teased the pair.

Pyroclast Pyroclast (Billy) Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Erik)

Dermot Murphy

1659997511778.pngOver the last few weeks, Dermot had hooked up with Michelle on a few occasions. It was nothing serious to either of them; just a bit of fun between two single, grown adults. It was good to shake things up once in a while, even if that did mean sleeping with his boss' daughter! Besides, it had been particularly good to blow off some steam with the attractive young woman given the dramas going on in the business. More than that, he'd needed a pick-me-up after Aidan's funeral.

It was the fresh sight of Benjamin's grief, highlighted by those sad little puppy eyes, that was now giving Dermot fresh motivation to have the Kings put in their place and reminded they were nothing compared to the Sullivans. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't excited about kicking the shit out of Spencer. Michelle mostly only saw him standing like a 'statue' when on security duty for the Sullivans, but this evening's job was what made his employment more interesting and kept the adrenaline flowing.

Whilst Chase and Marco hid out in the back of the transit van, albeit able to see into the front and through the windscreen, Dermot sat in the front passenger seat with Glynn in the driver's seat. From a safe distance, they'd been tailing the car Spencer, Billy and Erik were in for some time, waiting for the right opportunity to attack. Pulling up across the street from where the Kings had parked outside of the laundromat, Dermot closely watched the car. Spencer was their prime target and he was hoping the man in question would get out of the car. When it was instead Erik who got out, Dermot tapped the barrel on his gun with his index fingers as he kept it laid flat on his lap. "If Spencer isn't going to get out then we might have to do this the messy way and fuck up the other two as well..." he suggested, but didn't seem sold on the idea. It would cause too much of a scene in a relatively public area. They needed to take a chance to swoop in and grab Spencer without an audience.

Seeing Erik return to the car, Dermot let out a groan. "Patience, lads. They'll give us an opening..." Dermot told the others. Then, as he saw Spencer get out of the car, he perked up a little. Watching as the eldest King brother sauntered across the street towards them, he slotted his gun into the holster and looked over his shoulder to Chase and Marco. "Looks like the Cockney prick is doing a spot of shopping," he pointed out as Spencer passed the front of the van to enter the small convenience store by himself. "Now's our chance to teach him a firm lesson, boys," he confirmed. "Grab him and get him in the van," he reminded them.

Pyroclast Pyroclast (Chase) Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Marco)

Friday 23rd August 1985
...Four weeks later...
Dublin: Early Evening - Dry, Warm, Breezy
London: Evening- Impending Rain, Humid, Cloudy
New York City: Early Afternoon - Warm, Sunny, Cloudy

~James Edwards: Date Night~The Road > Michelle's House | Dublin, Ireland
jack_ryan.jpg
Aside from a few odd jobs here and there, James found the rest of July and the first half of August to be relatively quiet. Either that or he just wasn't trusted enough for more of the higher risk tasks that Conor would normally entrust to more seasoned members of the Family. From a realistic standpoint, Edwards hasn't really been in the family for all that long either, so he wasn't mad about it or anything. Though in the back of his mind, he did kinda feel like he wasn't exactly taking as much initiative as he should be. Not to mention Stella was starting to play nice with him, which was a little off-putting. But it didn't get flirtatious, so that was good. At least she knew how to keep it professional. Work aside, Edwards had finally managed to save up enough money to buy his first car in Dublin.

Feeling a little homesick, he ended up getting his hands on a 1977 Ford Mustang Cobra II. Stella had a Mustang as well, but hers was an older model. Aside from Guns, that was the only common ground the two Sullivan soldiers really had. As he began thinking about his newfound career, co-workers and life so far, Edwards continued driving to Michelle's, having planned a date night with her. It certainly felt strange, mainly because its been almost a decade since Edwards went on a date, having mainly focused on his military career and not at all pursuing a romantic relationship since divorcing his wife almost thirteen, fourteen years ago? It was too long ago for Edwards to really care, really. Although he probably didn't really need his gun for this evening, he still kept one on him with a round in the chamber. Especially after what happened to Phelan last month. Patience was likely still shaken up by the whole thing, but he hadn't spoken to her about it since, not feeling comfortable about the ordeal himself.

1977-Ford-Mustang-Cobra-II-Turbo-1-e1565329240432.jpg
After what felt like forever, Edwards arrived at Michelle's place. Shutting off the engine, Edwards quietly stepped out of the car and shut the door before straightening out his shirt. Having left the gun in the car, the former sailor proceeded to grab a fresh box of chocolates that he had picked up on the way here, not wanting it to all be melted by the sun. That would have been awkward as hell. Approaching the door, he proceeded to knock on the door. What could possibly go wrong? He wondered. Aside from taking Michelle out for a date this evening, the other thing he had failed to mention was that he wasn't exactly the best with children, mainly because he had almost no experience in interacting with them, even when he was at war all those years ago in Vietnam and Lebanon. Keeping the Box of Chocolates behind his back, he took a deep breath as the door began to open...

Interactions: Michelle Romano 💘 BasDorcha BasDorcha
Mentions: Patience Davenport, Conor Sullivan Misty Gray Misty Gray | Stella Kwon

A Place to Toast
~London ~
Ava Moretti

064f5cfeb1bb5833720d6ba3a0832749.jpg
Ava slightly raised her eyebrow the moment the man opened his mouth. A German accent flowed out and when he called her 'fraulein' her chest fluttered. Maybe it was the way it rolled off his tongue so easily or the fact it was another language. All she knew was she wanted to hear him say it again. He then told her he'd kept her seat warm to which she replied, "What a gentleman." He seemed embarrassed by his comment. And because she had heard so much worse, she didn't think much of it. After he apologized he stood to give her her seat back and she slowly slid into it. "I'll let it slide this time around. You can thank your pretty blue eyes for that." Once she was settled into her seat she waved down the bartender and without asking he slid her another shot of tequila. "You know me so well don't you?" She said to him, the bartender agreeing.

There was a brief moment of silence between herself and the man next to her. For a moment Ava debated once more striking up a conversation with him- trying her best to ignore the nagging in the back of her mind. It was normal, right? To want to find someone who was able to distract her? The best way to get over someone was under someone, so they said. She bit her lip and tapped her fingers on the bar, finally making up her mind. Before she could say anything, he brought attention to her tattoos. She glanced down at her most visible one - a motorcycle clutch with a hand similar to the one in the 'Creation of Adam' painting - and smiled. Looking up at him she nodded her head and shifted her body so she was looking straight at him. "Was it the tattoos or lack of an accent that gave it away," she asked before continuing. "I'm on an... Extended vacation. I'm here from New York visiting my cousin."

Ava found his interest in her tattoos refreshing as most men complained about them. "You'll never get a husband with those," or "Why mark up that pretty skin?" She was intrigued and was trying her best to hide it. It would probably have worked, too, until he rolled his sleeve up and explained he was a tattoo addict also. She couldn't help but reach out to touch, stopping short before looking up to ask permission. Once she'd gotten it, she gently traced her fingertip across the lines. It was so detailed and she was in awe at the work; like a kid in a candy store. "This one is wicked. You get this one done here?" She looked up at him, her fingers still on his skin. She nodded her head in agreement at his mention of the bad rap tattoos get. She didn't think tattoos had anything to do with a person's character and it was such a shame people thought as much. "Mmm, agreed. Your body is a blank canvas. Why not use it to tell your story?" She couldn't help but smile a bit bigger as she found herself relating to this stranger she'd just met in the bar.

Realizing her hand was still on his arm she removed it and instead propped her left elbow up on the bar top. "Sure. I mean, it's the least you can do to make up for your past transgressions," she teased, referring to the stolen seat. "I'm sure barkeep is tired of pouring tequila shots, so bourbon would be nice," she joked, the bartender chuckling to himself. She then found herself staring at the man across from her, delicately crossing her legs and leaning in just a bit to remain engaged in their conversation. She then softly, but firmly returned his handshake. "But what if I want to be different than everyone else? Can I call you Niko?" Ava was surprised by how flirtatious she was considering her dilemma not too long ago, however, she continued. "Ava. Ava More-, um. Sawyer," she quickly corrected, hoping he wouldn't notice. "Now, you don't sound like you're from here either. What's that about?"

Daddy ( Bellz Bellz )

En route to May's
~London ~
Darcey Hargraves
The past month had been nothing but stressful for Darcey. It seemed like when one person in the family seemed to be doing better another would begin to do worse. After the events surrounding both Billy's attack and Harper's breakdown, she'd been trying to make herself more... Emotionally and physically available. The moment the King children became adults, she felt as if they didn't need her nor her guidance anymore. Not to say that she wanted them to figure things out for themselves or stopped checking on them. It was more like, giving them space and not bothering them every day about what was going on. She wanted them to always feel like they could just come to her when they needed to. And knowing that Harper hadn't when she had her problems hurt more than anything. Darcey wasn't sure if it were because Harper thought she could go through it on her own or because Darcey had been paying more attention to May lately. Whatever the case she felt bad about it and wanted to make it up. So, whenever Harper called on her she came. And, apparently, Alex.
aD4ggdO_460s.jpg

Just as Billy and Harper felt better, it was Alex's turn for his life to go downhill. Hearing that Callum had been taken away by Savannah to God knows where Darcey knew shit had truly hit the fan. The boy had become Alex's whole world and he'd just been ripped away from him. Darcey couldn't imagine what the man had been going through but she could see how much he was affected by it. He seemed to shut everyone one - including Kerry, who she'd found out a few weeks ago had started dating Alex. An interesting pairing, she thought, but nice that he was trying to be serious again. But this whole situation, however, seemed to be throwing a wrench in his plans. Darcey had leant whatever resources she had available into finding Callum, but it was very little. There wasn't much she could do besides send out feelers through her different contracts around the world. And unfortunately, those were coming up empty.

Tonight, however, she was forcing herself to take a break. The boys were out doing the searching while the ladies attended a house warming at May's. She appreciated the young woman for offering a distraction, though she wasn't sure how well it would work. "Be optimistic, Darcey," she kept reminding herself. It didn't help that things still felt... Weird between herself and Bruce. Though the two of them spoke and discussed the things that were going on, that's all it was. She missed their relationship - whatever that was - but life seemed to get in the way every time she wanted to speak with him. It made her uncomfortable, how many things had gone wrong since Spencer's beating, and only felt like there was more to come.

Darcey knocked on Harper's door, steeling herself for the dragging she knew she would have to do. Harper had been trying to convince her to let her stay home, but Darcey thought being out would help. Plus she needed to get to know her new sister. Or rather, half-sister. "I bet you'd have liked that, wouldn't you?" She said, smirking at her. Darcey turned around and headed back for the car hearing Harper's comment. "Is that optimism I hear in your voice," she teased with a smile, giving her a playful glare. "It won't be that bad, so best behavior, please?" The drive to May's home hadn't taken that long and once they arrived, she turned to Harper. "If it truly is too much socializing for you then we'll leave BUT! You have to promise that you'll at least give it a chance."

The daughter that should've been ( Bellz Bellz )

Blake's House
~Sutton, Dublin ~
Leo Sullivan

max-thieriot.jpg

If Leo knew that all it would take to get Natasha back was a gunshot wound he'd have gotten shot ages ago. Well, not really, but he would be lying if he said the incident hadn't brought them somewhat closer. He wished it hadn't been under such circumstances, but it did give him a glimpse into the future. Leo hated seeing the worry and hurt in Natasha's eyes. It reminded him of his mother. Though her reaction hadn't changed his mind about his future, it did make him want to be a lot more careful. Rushing into a tense situation as he had wasn't smart; he knew that now. Therefore, he promised that he would always take his time and think things through- not be reckless like his father in his younger days. Seeing the women in his life break down in front of him was enough for him to change things before it was too late. His month of recovery hadn't been as bad as he was expecting. Finn had done great work to make sure of it along with medication to help. He was even able to check up on his cousin, Elena, and Adam when allowed; and after Aidan's funeral, Benjie. Though they'd only met a few times, Leo felt compelled to be there to pay his respects. Maybe it was because Leo hadn't taken out the men responsible when he had the chance. Though he was still learning to accept what happened wasn't his fault and there was nothing he could do, it still sometimes nagged at him in the back of his mind. So whatever help he could lend to Benjie he did.

A few days ago, Rhiannon had turned 13. Instead of having some big party like they normally had, Rhi opted to have something small with the immediate family instead. "I've had enough excitement the past couple of months," she explained, the members of her family being completely understanding. Though she managed to put on a happy front, Leo could tell something was really wrong with her. She'd been acting weird the past couple of months and earlier that day he'd finally gotten it out of her. She didn't like that things were being kept from her, even if they thought it was best for her. "Lucas gets told everything!" Had been her excuse. She felt like she was being treated like a child and, now that she was 13, she felt that they shouldn't anymore. She was basically a teenager - "Pre-teen," Leo corrected - and that she should be told more stuff. Leo understood why his parents wouldn't want her to know anything, but he also knew how it felt to be left in the dark. In an attempt to calm her down, he told her he'd figure something out.

Leo knew that peace never lasted in his life. So when he was invited to Blake's birthday dinner he immediately said yes. He was curious as to why Aliana hadn't been going when she told him she and the girls had tickets to a symphony. "Send her my love and give this to her for me," she said, putting a bag into his hands. "And please don't overdo it, Leo, you're still healing." Leo nodded his head, letting out a heavy sigh. "And don't drink too much; you know, you nagging me is only making me consider getting my own place, even more, you know." Ali reached up to pinch his cheeks before shaking her head. "Oh, but then I wouldn't have a live-in babysitter anymore." Leo let out a fake laugh before saying his final goodbyes and leaving for Blake's.

The moment he arrived, Elena and Thomas had just walked into the house. He walked in behind them and before he could say anything Natasha approached him with a compliment. He smiled down at her before gently wrapping his arms around her shoulders, bringing her in for an embrace. "Thanks. You look beautiful" he softly said. Despite the strangely tense feeling between the two of them, there wasn't any love lost. It felt like they were picking up where they left off and that the breakup never even happened... But he was sure there were things they needed to discuss. After placing a kiss on the top of her head Leo turned to Thomas and Elena to greet them. "Don't you two look cute together," he said in a sing-song voice. He was about to ask how they were doing when he was interrupted once more by an announcement that dinner was ready. Natasha took his hand and the two of them walked into the dining room together.

Leo was impressed with how much Adam had cooked. He knew the two of them were serious, but not this serious. He took his seat next to Natasha when he remembered the bag in his hand he was supposed to deliver. "Oh, this is for you. From mom, of course." Inside the bag and hidden by tissue paper was a full set of lingerie, a camera, and film with a note that read, 'Take plenty of pictures!. Leo hadn't been privy to what was inside and was sure he didn't wanna know. He retook his seat just as Natasha mentioned that the food before them was just a starter and not the actual main. "Wha- There's more?"

Blake, Natasha, Thomas ( Bellz Bellz )
Elena ( Pyroclast Pyroclast )
Adam ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )

May's House
~ Bethnal Green, London ~

Kerry Patrick

1660063779428.pngThings had been going well between Kerry and Alex for a time. Of course, there were always going to be dramas she'd be exposed to. She knew the business the Kings were in and she was no stranger to it all even before she moved to London. Even the attack in the restaurant, as terrible as it was, wasn't a shock to her after what she'd already experienced in her life. What did comes as a surprise was learning that Savannah had run off somewhere unknown with Callum. Kerry understood how difficult a position Savanah was in - the woman had been born into a difficult life and had tried her hardest to distance herself from it. But to go off with Callum and not tell Alex or anyone else where she had gone seemed out of character for her former friend. No matter how difficult things became, Kerry couldn't believe she would do that, especially with knowledge that Savannah grew up wishing she could have known her biological father, regardless of how how bad a man Angel was. From what Kerry knew, Alex was not a bad person and was a million miles away from being like Angel was. Kerry hoped it was a misunderstanding, but as the weeks went on, it was clear their fears were right.

Kerry had tried to support Alex and to be there for him, but he'd blown her off every time. He was always too busy to speak with her and didn't give her chance to help him. After all of the times she had been there to listen and advise him before, she was upset that he would reject her now. Considering they'd started dating and had slept together, she couldn't help but take it personally. She hated being selfish to think in such a way when he was so upset about Callum, but why else would he shut her out if he wasn't using the opportunity to ditch her and once again avoid a committed relationship?

Kerry had agreed to join some of the ladies at May's new place, but as the day had got closer, she'd had reservations about going. She wasn't feeling like socialising and considering everyone except her was basically Alex's family, she wasn't sure if she was meant to stay away considering he was shutting her out. She'd spent yesterday evening with Ani and Maddox, who did manage to reassure her enough and put a spring back in her step. However, she woke up again this morning feeling apprehensive and as the evening got closer, she felt more anxious about it all.

In the end, Kerry pulled herself together and reminded herself that both Harper and May had been her friends for a lot longer than anything she'd had with Alex. She wasn't going to lose anymore friends because of a man, especially as she'd already had to cut Savannah out of her life to maintain her friendships and employment with the Kings.

By the time Kerry reached May's front door, she was already itching to pop open the bottle of wine she was carrying. She knocked loudly on the door and waited for May to come let her in. "Quick. Drag me inside before I turn around and go home to crawl back into my peaceful bed," she begged, stepping forward to give her friend a warm embrace.

BasDorcha BasDorcha (May) Bellz Bellz (Harper) Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Darcey)

Nikolaus Jäger
A Place to Toast

~ London ~
He-Goes-From-Cute-Puppy-Dog-to-Heartthrob-in-05-Seconds.gif
Klaus smirked and nodded his head as he allowed Ava to touch his tattoo. The way her finger delicately traced his skin made him want to shiver. His eyes watched her face, watching as it changed. Klaus couldn't help but admire the awe on her features and how young and alive they made her look. "The tattoos were a dead giveaway by the way, but so was your accent. I don't have the pleasure of meeting many Americans so it really stood out to me." He gave her another charming smile before she asked if he got the tattoo done in London. "Berlin, actually. For my 17th birthday, it's my family crest." His cheeks started to burn, still feeling her touch on his skin.

He was pleased and not surprised given her tattoos by her agreement with his philosophy on tattoos. The smile on her face grew and Klaus felt awestruck by it at that moment. Her teasing caused him to let out a low chuckle. "Make that two bourbons, sir." Klaus said to the bartender kindly before watching Ava crossing her legs. He couldn't help but stare at them for a long moment, looking at how long and slender they were.

Another chuckle escaped him, a throaty sound as if she'd just said something naughty. "Niko? I guess I can let it slide...but don't go spreading that nickname around. It might ruin what street credit I do have in London." He teased in return. Her handshake was firm and her skin was soft. Noticing her stutter when saying her last name, Klaus tilted his head slightly before repeating her first name. "Ava. A pleasure to meet you." He hummed just as the bartender put the bourbons in front of them.

Klaus nodded his head to the man, offering him a kind smile before turning back to Ava as she noticed he didn't sound like he was from around London. "What gave it away, fraüline?" He asked lightly, before lifting the glass of bourbon to his lips now. "Been around London for quite a few years now, I'm actually a police officer. First stepped foot in England during business with the German Special Forces. After meeting my wife I decided to leave that life behind when I met my late wife and I just...never left I suppose." Klaus swallowed hard for a moment, his eyes far away before he turned to her again. A smile spread on his face. "I'm afraid I'm not a terribly interesting man, Ava. All I've got going for me is my looks and my charm, really."

Continuing to look at her, he raised an eyebrow. "So visiting your cousin? Do you have a lot of family throughout the area?"
with: Ava Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess

Harper King
May's Place

~ Somewhere that Harper really doesn't want to be ~

Despite her anxiousness, Darcey's presence always had a soothing influence on her. With her mother having died when she was only a few months old, the only mother figure that was in her life was Darcey. The two women were so similar that they never ever had any issues. Harper looked up to Darcey and always thought she was a mother to her in many ways. Could it replace the hole Harper felt about her own mother? No, but Harper didn't need to replace that...she just needed someone on her team. Someone who understood her. Darcey had always been that unwavering support, the most consistent out of anyone in her life. Harper felt like she didn't deserve such loyalty and love from the woman, especially since she wasn't her blood. But regardless, she loved her and appreciated everything she had done for her. Looking at the woman now, Harper felt like she didn't say it enough these days.

Letting out a scoff, Harper rolled her eyes. "I was planning on having a soak in the bath with a bottle of wine. In bed by 9 pm, comfortably buzzed. But I guess I should go out and socialize." When she asked if that was optimism that Darcey heard in her voice, Harper let out a laugh. "You know Darcey, for a pessimist, I'm pretty optimistic." The car ride was a quiet one, mostly due to Harper zoning out. The motion of the car wasn't helping with the nausea she was having. It was starting to rain out now so opening the window for some fresh air wasn't an option.

When they stopped in front of May's house, Harper looked at the place for a long moment. Darcey must have been reading her mind because she turned to her, telling her if it was truly too much for her they could leave. Feeling a little worse for wear, Harper just nodded her head, not rolling her eyes or acting dramatic this time.

"I am really trying, Darce..." She murmured softly. "It's just..." Harper stopped herself short, shaking her head. "It's nothing." With that, she hopped out of the car. The little raindrops hit her hot skin, cooling her off instantly as she breathed in fresh air like she'd been deprived of it for years. Harper noticed Kerry's car on the curb, looking ahead to see Kerry and May hugging. Harper wasn't so sure what she was afraid of. Everyone she knew well enough, loved them all...but maybe that was just it.

It was bad enough having to expose Jeremy to all of her baggage, but to bring other people into it as well? Harper didn't want to be the downer. The blonde used to be the life of almost any party and naturally social person who enjoyed the company of others. Now all she wanted to do was hide in her apartment. She was sure it wasn't just the drugs to blame for that. Harper's eyes scanned the surrounding area for a moment, her eyes catching a white van a little bit down the road. She stared at it for a long while until Darcey beckoned her towards the front door.

When they got to the front door, Harper put on her best smile for May and Kerry Even if Harper was feeling like shit, she wasn't going to be mean to anyone. Looking down at Kerry's wine bottle, Harper grinned. "Oh look we brought the same thing!" She said cheerfully, ugh, you sound so fake her thoughts taunted her. "It's nice to see you both again and I'm ready to get completely messed on wine without the boys looming overhead." Harper said, smiling at May now.
with: The Pink ladies Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess , Misty Gray Misty Gray , BasDorcha BasDorcha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back