• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Family Ties: Weekly Character AMA

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Melanin-Gxdess

Give up on your dreams and die.
Current AMA: Pyroclast Pyroclast & Tatiana!!!
Next Week's AMA: BasDorcha BasDorcha & Jocelyn!

Every week (roughly), the wheel of fortune will pick someone from those that have chosen to participate to answer questions either in character or about the character while OOC.
  • In most cases, the person will be announced a week before their character's AMA will start.
  • During this week, if the person has more than one character, there will be a poll on which character.
  • Once a character's AMA has begun, everyone else in the Family Ties RP may ask questions to, or about the character.
  • Each person may ask up to five (5) questions, and they may be addressed to the character or the roleplayer, like so
    >Character Name<: How many Snickers bars have you stolen?
    >Roleplayer Name< : Why is >Character Name< so rude?
  • The AMA will last until the next week when another character is chosen. So make sure to get your questions in early!
  • If for whatever reason, you can't participate after being announced, or there is a character you wish to be excluded from the list, let me know.
  • Last but not least, once your character is chosen, post a place-holder for your character!
So without further ado, let's get this shindig started. ALSO, if you're just here for the answers, turn on Reader Mode in the Index.

Original AMA Thread

Last edited:
Bella - Roxie
Roxie Carriveau

Roxie thru the years banner.jpg

Questions from Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess

Roxie: looking at where you are now, do you regret the way your relationship with Syd ended?

Jesus Christ, just getting right to the real shit aren't we? Uh...I mean everyone has regrets in relationships that didn't work out. There are a lot of things that I wish I would have done differently or more...that he would have done differently. At least that's the way I used to feel...since learning what I've learned about my cousin recently, I think a lot of the regret falls on me and my actions. Can't help but think that maybe if I would have just heard him out or listened more that we would still be together. But then again, I don't regret the way things ended because I feel that we both needed that time to mature...he's still the same man I loved but now he's...different. It's a great kind of different obviously but it feels a little weird sometimes. But if I'm being 100% honest...I wish things would have worked between us. He won't ever believe me but a part of me didn't stop loving him after we split, sure...I couldn't love him in the way we were in love but he's still someone I cared about. That was the hardest choice I ever had to make, not only did it affect him and me but it affected the kids...and even Matthew. Hell, if I would have just believed Syd I don't think I would be in the horrible position I'm in now...so to wrap it all up..yes, I do regret it.

Bella: did you plan for Roxie to ever get as far as she has now?

Honestly? No lol. Pyro and I decided to pair her with Syd to just test the waters and we were almost sure it was just going to be some sort of fling until we decided to get her pregnant. Roxie was only supposed to be a part-time character in the beginning but a few other players took interest in her and I decided to keep her around. She's definitely grown into a clone of me...and part of who I'd love to be. I'm glad I kept her :)
Roxie lace long sleevel dress .jpeg

Roxie: knowing what you do now, what would you change about the past?

Ah, I've always been told to not dwell on the past because then the present can just pass you by so quickly...but I guess there is a lot of things I would have changed. At first, many many years ago, I wish that I wouldn't have gone to James' birthday party...that was fresh into my breakup with Syd mind you. But I think about it and...I had so many connections to him in his family that I feel would have led me down the same path I am on now. Savvy, of course, would have most likely made me come to another family event. My family's stupid involvement in the whole gang war in New York would have most likely led me to the Porters and Sullivans as well. It seems as though Syd and I and our children were inevitable at any given point in my life but if I could go back and change one thing in my past it would have to be when I met Matthew. I had been insistent that I had a lot of baggage a lot of things that...could put him at risk, but it was hard not to fall in love with that charming personality and smile. I don't regret the relationship or the time I had with him but...just knowing what I know now...that I could have saved him from me. That absolutely breaks my heart.

Roxie: who is the one person you feel you can trust the most and why?

Well, when he was alive...my fiancé was the one who I could trust the most and he had proved it many times before. Before him and now that he is gone, I've put my trust back into Syd...before he lied to me, I trusted that man with my life because he saved it and our girl's lives. Despite the lying, I've always trusted him. Hell, I lied to him before he lied to me and that man has the biggest trust issues out of anyone I've ever known and he gave me a second chance. I guess it's why I've turned to him so many times since Matthew's death. The trust I had in him was shattered more than a decade ago but during that time I've watched him change for the better. He's always been extremely loyal to his family and friends when in his right frame of mind, unfortunately for me when we were together, he wasn't quite all there. So as of right now, Syd is the one person I feel I can trust the most because I've known him long enough to know that when he fucks up --which he does a lot of the time -- he only means well.

Roxie: who is your favorite person?

Do I really have to answer this question? Let me narrow it down for you, I know who my least favorite person is. Ricky is my fucking least favorite person who is living. But my favorite person...and please don't let this ever come back to the girls because I do love them with everything I have, they just are so mean to me lately. JJ is my favorite person. He is a mama's boy through and through and the connection I have with him is very different from the one I have with the girls. He's extremely attentive and sensitive, reminds me a lot of his father in that way, and he's always asking me how I'm doing...which, the girls don't seem to do anymore. He's always been concerned about me, even when he was smaller he seemed to sense when I was upset or hurt. Those are all traits that I was glad Syd passed down to him...he's a very loving boy and I love him very much.

Questions from BasDorcha BasDorcha
Blue eye bow tie .png
Bella: What of Roxie, if anything, do you see in yourself?

LOVE THIS QUESTION! ^.^ Mmmmmmmm I would say that like...70% of her is me lol. There are a lot of characteristics but to name the main ones. She's stubborn AF and that's like 100% me XD. My parents use to say that I would argue with God himself and my reply was "Ah yes I would and I would win." So Roxie and I have the same energy in that sense. I would also say I see myself in her ability to bounce back from terrible shit, I mean even before personal death in my family I had a pretty hard childhood and bounced back from it all pretty well (only 3 trips to the mental hospital lol). Finally, I would say her tenacious and go-getting attitude when it comes to doing the right thing is what I see the most of. Just doesn't know when to quit lol, could be a good or a bad thing but in my life, it's always been good so hopefully, that works out for her.

Roxie: If Syd tried to win you back, would you consider it?

...Define win? I mean...I've spent the last year keeping him at a distance and while I have let him back into my life I'm not looking for any sort of...relationship at the moment. I think Syd and I are old enough to understand that this isn't necessarily a matter of winning me back. I'm not some sort of prize at a carnival. All I'm looking for is someone to back me up, someone to support me...someone who will be honest with me when I'm searching for honesty. Which I guess given time...could win me back? I don't know...all I'm looking for at the moment is companionship and someone who I can actually call my friend without them driving a knife in my back while smiling in my face.

Roxie: What's your idea of a girls night out?

Well, before I had kids it involved going to parties or clubs and getting so drunk that I couldn't even remember how I got home. BUT...now since most of my nights out also involve taking a break from any kind of heavy social interaction I like to split at least 3 bottles of wine with my girlfriends and watch horribly cheesy romantic comedies. Oh, and binge on chocolate, can't forget about the chocolate.

Roxie: What is your favorite pastime?

Reading. I don't necessarily do it as a hobby but I do enjoy it when I finally set my mind to it.

Bella: If you could change one thing about Roxie, either in her storyline, her character, or anything, what would it be?

Is it sad I immediately know the answer to this question because it's something I talk about regularly? Pyro and I were fully ready to have Syd and Roxie just be happily married in the 80s. Am I the drama? The answer is yes. I am the drama because I wanted to drive a fucking wedge between them and look I did. I blame Pyro for letting me run amuck ruining relationships left and right. MMM we thank you for your sacrifice.

Questions from Pyroclast Pyroclast

Bella: You say Roxie is the character most like you, but what's the biggest difference between you two in terms of personality?

Honestly...it's that she doesn't put up with other people's shit and I tend to put up with it lol. I mean she dropped people left and right from her life because she didn't agree with what they were doing (your boi for example) and she had the strength to move on from that. I don't really possess that kind of ability or strength lol, that's something she has that I wish I had. Not so much to drop my FH cuz I love him to pieces but other people in my life. Roxie's very good at taking out the human trash...much respect to that.

Roxie: What does a happy future look like to you?

Honestly...the closest thing I had to a happy future was the one I was supposed to have with Matthew before I decided to take this stupid position. Was hoping to get away from all the drama of the mob, maybe settle down somewhere outside of the city after I bravely decided to quit my job. Create an environment that was stable enough for my kids so that they could grow up with some normalcy. That's all I want or that's all I thought I wanted. Now...now I'm just going to be happy if I even have a future at all. Things are starting to look pretty bleak."
Blue eyed wrap around .png
Bella: If you had to kill Roxie, how would you do it?

What an evil question...hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Honestly, I haven't given it much thought since the 70s. But for the most dramatic death probably being trapped in a burning building tied to something and just when you think she's gonna get free the ceiling collapses on top of her and crushes her like a bug. Oddly specific, but that's the first thing I can think of lol.

Roxie: If you had to choose between success in career and success in love life, what would you prioritize?

Welp, considering I'm a little burnt out at the moment career-wise I think I'd want to focus on my love life. However, that's really not changing anytime soon so by default focusing on my career and how things with this whole business are going to turn out is going to be my priority. Life isn't necessarily handing my lemons at the moment so I have very little control over which one I focus on. I was ready to throw myself into my love life...but I think the universe has it out for me in that arena.

Roxie: What's something that no one knows is on your bucket list?

Deep-sea scuba diving. No one knows because I never tell. Also, have this internal desire to go sky diving...but I'm too afraid of heights for that. So scuba diving is the closest diving I'll get without passing out.

Questions from BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27

Blue eyed in chair .png
Bella: During the discussion with Pyro, what made the two of you decide to make Roxie and Syd the couple that they are now?

OOOF, that's having me tap into memories I have from almost 2 years ago now lol. I mean when I first decided to make Roxie she was supposed to be a part-time character and a potential love interest of Syd's. Pyro is very much someone who lets her characters decide for themselves and at the time that man was an absolute trainwreck (still is tho lol). Things got serious pretty fast between them which seemed natural for two intense characters like ours. Everything we planned between them made perfect sense but the direction we went in leading up to them breaking up was a little difficult. Mostly because we wanted to just see them both happy but...Roxie's too stubborn and headstrong to stick with someone who lies to her and Syd was too crazy not to lie and spy lol. So deciding on the couple they are now was pretty easy because personality-wise everything just made sense. The only part that didn't make perfect sense was the pregnancy (the first one with the twins) BUT that was something we wanted to throw in as a curveball because ✨DRAMA✨

Roxie: Are you open to reconciliation with Ricky if presented with the chance? And what was your last interaction with him before his departure from Dublin?

I'm not a naturally vengeful person...and I always try to side with forgiving rather than not. However, there are just some things in this world that I do not tolerate, lying, harming innocent people, and exposing children to violence. These were all things my asshole of a father was well known for within my family and they are the makings of a monster. Ricky understands this and yet here we are. If I felt that I could honestly trust him enough to forgive him then I would make the effort to, but at this point, I think he's already too far gone for such things.

Questions from Misty Gray Misty Gray

Roxie: Why don't you like the Church/Religion?

Easy. Church and religion are something that only relates to androcentric ideals or in simpler terms, a male's perspective. Women aren't allowed to be in higher positions within the church and even though there is evidence throughout history women aren't praised in religion for the same accomplishments as men. Plus for me, the church was used as a form of punishment to an extremely abusive extent. Nothing makes you want to go to church less than being beaten into submission either physically or mentally by church officials. I also knew a lot of girls who had been physically assaulted within my church specifically and were forced to be silent about it. It really messes with your head...I mean...just look at my cousin. Religion can be a good thing when it isn't being forced down your throat and used as a punishment rather than a way of finding peace but the foundation and those in power are so far gone that there isn't really a way to save it. Religion is the cause of almost any war because people who follow are in a cult-like state and cannot stand when someone brings something different to the table. It's a violent practice. Something that brings that much violence, that much anger and fear is not something I align myself with...I've seen what it's done.

Roxie: How much of Ricky do you think is inherently bad and how much is he a victim of mental illness?

Ironically enough less than 15 years ago I used to think that no one was inherently bad. That was before I knew better. Ricky...I don't think is inherently bad. Inherently bad people have been bad people all of their lives. My cousin isn't just a victim of his mental illness but I think he's a victim to this whole mob system that expected him to be someone he wasn't, thus the personality disorder developed. He's always having to wear this mask, save a face for the men around him who decided that he had to be tougher than he actually was...that he needed to do, unspeakable things. While my cousin isn't inherently a bad human being he definitely isn't a good one now, but he is a victim nonetheless.
Blue eyed green turtle neck .png

Roxie: Do you think Ricky is in need of psychological intervention or is it too late for that now?

Well, psychological intervention seems to imply that he would need to agree that he needed it, at least to me. He is a grown man after all. But even if that were the case and he did agree to it...I think it honestly might be too late for him now. I know of the things that had happened to him in the past, I've known the things he was forced to do or I thought he was forced to do...but doing what he's done to his only flesh and blood, I think that in itself is an indicator that he's already too far gone. It's clear to me that he's not going to listen to any reason and that he doesn't care if he has to get rid of me to get out of his way...and that scares me because now I have to make the tough decision as to what to do with him. He's a danger to himself and to those closest to him now.

Roxie: What's your favorite holiday destination?

Greece. Love the beaches and love the food. 10/10 would go again.

Roxie: How much did you think about Syd in a romantic sense whilst you were with Matthew?

Short answer? Slim to none. Long answer...when Matthew and I first started dating, I was very unsure of how it was all going to go. I didn't want to put my kids through anything unnecessary in case things didn't work out between him and me and I found myself a lot of the time for their sake wishing that things would have worked out between Syd and me. There was a long time before I started my relationship with Matthew that I felt that I still loved Syd in a romantic sense and to a slight degree I did. But I had to differentiate the romantic love I had for him from the love I had for him as the father of my children in order to save myself the heartbreak. The romantic feelings I had for him slowly diminished and when Matthew and I got more serious they had basically disappeared because I knew I could be happy again...or I thought I could. Now everything is just a confusing emotional mess.

Last edited:
AHEM!

I have questions:

Roxie, looking at where you are now, do you regret the way your relationship with Syd ended?
Bella, did you plan for Roxie to ever get as far as she has now?
Roxie, knowing what you do now, what would you change about the past?
Roxie, who is one person you feel you can trust the most and why?
Roxie, who is your favorite person?

That is all.

Questions, questions, whose got the questions...
Oh right, ME.

Bella: What of Roxie, if anything, do you see in yourself?
Roxie: If Syd tried to win you back, would you consider it?
Roxie: What's your idea of a girls night out?
Roxie: What is your favorite past time?
Bella: If you could change one thing about Roxie, either in her story line, her character, or anything, what would it be?

Questions from Pyro !

Bella - you say Roxie is the character most like you, but what's the biggest difference between you two in terms of personality?

Roxie - what does a happy future look like to you?

Bella - if you had to kill Roxie, how would you do it?

Roxie - if you had to choose between success in career and success in love life, which one would you prioritise?

Roxie - what's something that no one knows is on your bucket list?

So I got two questions:

Bella - During the discussion with Pyro, what made the two of you decide to make Roxie and Syd the couple that they are now?

Roxie - Are you open to reconciliation with Ricky if presented with the chance? And what was your last interaction with him before his departure from Dublin?

Roxie: Why don't you like the Church/religion?
Roxie: How much of Ricky do you think is inherently bad and how much is he a victim of mental illness?
Roxie: Do you think Ricky is in need of psychological intervention or is it too late for that now?
Roxie: What's your favourite holiday destination?
Roxie: How much did you think about Syd in a romantic sense whilst you were with Matthew?

Pyro - Billy
Billy Christopher King

1637880119478.png

Questions from Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess

1638029640752.png Billy: Do you think you could ever let go of your worries and accept who you truly are?

I dunno, let's see...gay men are gettin' beaten up, evicted, picked up by the rozzers, disowned by their families, losin’ their jobs, dyin’ left right and centre...Do you think I should want to accept that kind of life? I mean, I'm lucky I pay a mortgage instead of rent, and I ain't one those girly f*gs who can't hide who they are, but still. I've got multiple careers and a family who mean the world to me and the thought of losing all that just makes me feel like it ain't worth comin' out... It is a nice idea, though. Sometimes I look at what Spencer and Shona have and imagine having that sort of life with Erik, and you know... that'd be pretty nice. But I've gotta be realistic. I wish I could have a life with Erik because he's the only person I've ever wanted to share everything with, romantically and that... If I could live as freely and openly as Spencer, then I'd do it right now. I wouldn't have nothin' to hide, I'd ask Erik to move in with me and be his boyfriend out in public and all that. I just don’t see how that’s possible.

Billy: What are some of your favorite memories from when you were young?

I loved when Uncle Bruce and Darcey would take the four of us to the Christmas markets on Regents Street or Southbank, see all the lights and the big Christmas tree, and get us all hot chocolate. It’s always been my favourite time of year, that cosy, excited, festive feeling, and they always made it special. And I also loved going camping together in the summer. We didn’t go on holiday much but when you live in a big city, getting out into nature and cookin' up really basic cans of food over a fire you made yourself - or, helped Bruce and Darcey make - and telling stories ‘round the campfire, playin’ cards, makin’ shadow animals against the tent with a torch, and exploring in the woods. It’s just good fun, innit?

Pyro: What sort of future plans do you have for Billy that you can share with the group?

Well, when he's 56 years old he's going to ask Erik to marry him...LOL no I'm not sure really. I can see him slowly coming to terms with himself and his feelings, but I can't really speak for him on how smooth that journey is going to be. I've set him on quite a positive trajectory I suppose, falling in that rare kind of love with his best friend...but happiness is no fun, is it? Maybe I'll get him in some trouble to give Erik some angst or test his love, muahaha. Honestly though, I don't actually have much planned at the moment. But when the war with the Sullivans gets going I'm sure he'll get involved, which will no doubt keep him busy!

Pyro: Where does the inspiration for Billy come from?

Probably from a lot to be honest. It's really important to me to have a queer perspective in a story, especially when romance and identity is such a huge theme overall, and the fact that this one is set in the mid 80s makes it especially poignant to me. After watching It's A Sin, going to a Keith Haring exhibition and listening to a podcast about personal stories of the AIDS crisis all within a year or so, the whole thing has been on my mind for a while so I wanted to explore it in some way. Combined with the pressures put on men, the huge stigma surrounding gay men and the masculine traits valued in gang culture, Billy's character kind of wrote itself. Of course he's gonna be scared and repressed! Also after I created him you compared him and his internalised homophobia to Mickey Milkovich from Shameless and watching him struggle to come to terms with his sexuality was really inspiring! I'm sure you'll agree that the development of his relationship with Ian has inspired Billy and Erik's relationship in a few ways. 😉

Billy: What's the most important thing in the world to you?

The most important thing in the world? Uh...maybe just, having energy and drive and motivation. D’ya know what I mean? Like, the more you get used to putting in effort, the less of an effort it feels. If you talk to your friends and family every day, then it’ll never feel like an obligation. Get your head down and you’ll finish the project no matter how hard it is. Confront the guy who pissed you off and he’ll know he can’t walk over ya’. Stare that 7 year degree in the face and know you’re gonna get to the end. It just makes life so much richer when you’ve got the drive to go out and do things, and see the people you love. I can’t think of anything worse than losing that.

Questions from Misty Gray Misty Gray

1638029841336.png Billy: How do you think Spencer and Alex would react to finding out your sexuality?

I reckon they’d rather not know. I think if I tell them, they’ll just wish I hadn’t and it’ll be awkward pretending like we never talked about it. I don’t really know what they think of me at the moment, since I’ve never really been in a relationship longer than a couple months, but even if it’s crossed their minds that I might be gay, I think they’d rather wonder forever than know it as a fact. ‘Cause then they’d have a gay brother, you know? I know Harper said coming out to her means I'm strong and not weak, but I’m not sure my brothers will see it like that, ‘cause we’re running the sort of business where individual reputations matter. When you think of the gays, you think of the skinny little twinks standin' on street corners in Soho or the ones with the effeminate voices or the flaming gay rockstars like Freddie Mercury...I mean, I wouldn’t think of guys like Erik or me. I just hope if…when they do find out, they don’t start associatin' me with all that stuff I don’t identify with. I just want them to see me as me.

Billy: What do you think about the Sullivans as people?

They're extremists. Right? I mean, they kidnapped a little girl right out of her school just to make a point. They full on attacked Spencer just because he said a few stern words to Sav down the dog n' bone. Some of 'em have got serious emotional issues, and control issues, and they seem to be okay with using their mad, unhinged aggression to their advantage rather than actually bein' rational. I remember when we used to get on - Conor has a good sense of humour, got on well with Bruce, and the family were on the whole perfectly nice. I used to see Sav as a sweet woman and a good mother, but now I think she's being selfish and unreasonable not letting Callum come and stay here in London. The kid wants to be here and he needs to grow up around us so we can treat him like family are supposed to and she's depriving him of that because of some baseless fear that we'd hurt her. There, I guess she's as extreme as the rest of her family.

Billy: What is your favourite song?

YOU WERE WORKIN’ AS A WAITRESS IN A COCKTAIL BAAAR WHEN I MET YOU!!

Billy: Do you wish you could have known your parents?

Well, based on the memories Spencer and Alex have of them, they don’t sound like the greatest parents. I sort of remember my mum, but I mostly remember being scared of her ‘cause she’d be acting really weird, so. I’m actually kinda glad I never knew ‘em properly ‘cause I don’t think the memories would be very nice to have, and Bruce and Darcey were always good to us, they’ve been great role models. They’ve talked about my mum a bit and she sounded like a good person, kind and fun and all that...so I probably would’ve liked her if dad hadn’t got her hooked on drugs. I don’t really want to dwell, though. The fact is that if my parents had never met, my mum would probably still be alive, but my siblings and I would never have been born, so you know...it's just life, innit?

Billy: What would you do if Erik had to return to New York to work?

Well, if it really wasn’t his choice and he couldn’t stay here...then he’d have to go, wouldn’t he? I can’t even imagine what Gabriel Moretti would do if someone tried sayin’ no to ‘im. Honestly, it’s something I’m aware could happen, but I try not to think about it. My whole life is here, my home, all my work, my friends and family - London is who I am and it always will be. But even though he’s only been here two years, I can’t imagine bein’ here without ‘im. Walkin’ the streets we walk down together, goin’ to the bars we drink at together, walkin’ past his apartment building...hurts to even think about. So, I dunno. I’d probably just have to go with ‘im, wouldn’t I?

Questions from BasDorcha BasDorcha

1638030000007.png Billy: If Jeremy tried to woo Harper how would that make you feel? Would it be ok with you?

Jeremy and Harper? Well I don’t know anything about that, but...I don’t know if I can see them together to be honest. Yeah, we both used to have a thing for him and he’s a good guy, but he’s also a charmer and a show-off and that sort of thing doesn’t impress Harper. She’s too stubborn to believe in people’s charm, and she hates, hates being patronised by men. So I mean, good luck to him! If he can get her to fall in love with him and he makes her happy, then yeah, I’d be happy for ‘em both. Harper’s a catch and so’s Jeremy, and I trust him not to hurt her.

Pyro: What is your favorite part of playing Billy?

I’m enjoying writing someone who is just really unconscious of himself. Like, Billy is this intelligent guy with a bank of skills and knowledge, but he just lacks self-awareness sometimes. All those things he did like burying his face in Erik’s laundry, drunkenly flirting and trying to have sex with him, placing a hand on his thigh before quickly retracting it, showing Erik a bit of extra concern when he got hit on the head or wet from the rain. He does all of that without thinking about it and I just find it fun knowing why he does those things, while he remains totally clueless haha. Of course now he’s come to his senses, but I’m really looking forward to him learning to express this part of him he’s never expressed before - being gay, and being completely, hopelessly in love with Erik.

Billy: If you could go anywhere, where would it be?

I’d like to visit New York, see where Erik is from and meet Ava. Course, I’d like him to come with me so he can show me around and take me to all his favourite places!

Pyro: What's your favorite Billy memory?

Honestly, I haven’t had the character for long enough to have all that many memories yet. I’ve enjoyed all his scenes so far though! Maybe a favourite bit was having him get blackout drunk and try to have Erik in the back of a taxi, because he just totally betrayed himself. He really let the truth out then haha.

Billy: If you could change one thing in your life, what would it be?

I quite like my life, actually. I’m pretty happy. I’m close with my family, I have good friends, a nice house in the best city in the world, everyone down the pub knows me and I’ve got constant work that I enjoy doing. Sometimes I guess I get a bit jealous of Spencer, married with a baby on the way. And it pisses me off when Alex passes up spending time with his kid to go on party holidays, ‘cause I love kids and gettin’ in touch with my childish side, so if I was a dad I’d wanna spend all my time with them. I would say the one thing I would change is my sexuality, ‘cause straight people have it so much easier and I really just don’t identify with gay culture, but even if it sucks being gay, I don’t think I’d actually change that, ‘cause then I wouldn’t have Erik...and I really, really want to be with him. Even if we have to keep it a secret forever. So maybe the one thing I’d change is bein’ a dad. Yeah. I’d like to have a kid someday.

Questions from Bellz Bellz

1638030066352.png Billy: Who is your favorite sibling and why is it Harper?

Did Harper ask this question by any chance? I get on with all my siblings and I love ‘em all. I have mad respect for Spencer for lookin’ after the rest of us when our parents didn’t. Even though he could be bossy and mean sometimes, he was always there to help me and I can still count on him now. I’ve always looked up to that guy and I’m proud of who he’s become and what he’s done with his life. Alex ain’t so reliable but we have a good relationship, me and him - he’s fun to banter with, and even though he’s a bit hedonistic it’s what makes him fun to hang out with. I can be a bit neurotic so bein’ around him helps me unwind and loosen up when I need to. And Harper, bless her...there’s a special place in my heart for my little sister. She’s stupidly strong and wise and I’m constantly learning from her. There ain’t a thing I can’t talk to her about, we always shared everything and always understood each other. I think sharing a bedroom when we were kids played a part in that - we used to stay up late after lights out and talk about anything and everything. She’s my best friend, really.

Billy: First of all, how dare you? Second of all, would you really leave to the states if Erik had to go back?

How dare I what? Hang on - Harper, is that you? Who let you ask the questions? Look, this ain’t a situation I like to think about, alright? I can’t imagine my life without any of you. But if I had to leave the family, I think I’d get on okay. Obviously I miss you all and I’d miss my home and everything else, but I know we’d always be in each other’s lives one way or another, forever. If Erik left, though...I think it’d be harder to keep in touch. It’d hurt talkin’ to him, knowin’ I could never have the relationship I want with him and that he’d end up with someone else. And then, I’d have to find someone else somehow...and I don’t want anyone but him. He’s the only person I’ve ever felt this much for. That’s too rare to give up. Besides, Harp, I thought you said you’d go wherever I went? I was hoping I wouldn’t just be buying one plane ticket in this stupid hypothetical situation!

Pyro: When you were first thinking of making a King sibling what was your original plan for a character? Was your character always going to be secretly gay or was that something you came up with on the fly?

Well this had me reading back in the GM chat! It looks like I was sort of making stuff up as I typed. I can’t remember where he stemmed from - whether it was the face claim, or the age, or the personality or what. But it wasn’t his sexuality. We were talking about Tatiana being a lesbian and Harper being bisexual and I just sort of felt like we needed m o r e g a y. Plus being a gay man in the 80s is a particularly interesting theme to explore imo because of all the stigma, and I’d never played a gay man in the rp before so it was something new for me that I knew I’d sympathise strongly with. My skeleton concept of Billy’s personality was this: “I have a feeling his head is actually on pretty straight. Very much an extrovert, cheerful, perhaps seemingly boy-next-door until you see him at work and then he'll show his gruesome side. Follows his older brothers' lead, respects them but wants his voice to be heard.” Since then, I’ve decided I don’t think he has much of a gruesome side. He wouldn’t back out of a fight though and he’s not afraid to put someone in their place!

Billy: Out of the other three siblings, which ONE would you choose to save from a life or death situation?

This is still you Harp, ain’t it? Well, I think it’d have to be my little sister. And I hope my brothers would say the same. Not that I don’t think she could save herself, ‘course - and I don’t want to think about any of ‘em gettin’ killed, neither - but I ain’t lettin’ nothin’ or no one hurt Harper. She’s my little sister and I’ll protect her forever.

Billy: What’s your favorite animal?

Mate, some animals are so clever. I’m not much of a pets person but I like animals that do really intelligent things, like the ones that build stuff and use tools and work together and that. I like makin’ little nests for bees and I’ve put some flowers in my garden to encourage them. Mason bees are my favourite, I love seein’ them at work!

Questions from BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27

1638112104039.png Billy - What was your first thought when Shona introduced you to Shirley?

I thought she was very attractive, yeah. Shona talks about her a lot so I had a feeling she'd be nice - Shona's always been a good judge of character - and she seemed perfectly lovely. I know she's working for us as our private medic now, and even though I haven't seen her at work before I'm sure I'd be willing to let her patch me up if I ever needed it.

--Follow-up: If she asked you out on a date, what would your answer have been?

I'm ashamed to admit it, but lookin' back I think I saw her as like, a potential girlfriend, you know? Like a cover, so people wouldn't think I was gay. That's horrible, isn't it? So yes, I would have said yes if she'd asked, but I think I would have been panicking inside haha. And as much as I do want kids someday, it would have been stupid of me to date a pregnant woman. And I'm so glad that didn't happen because I wouldn't have actually enjoyed it - all the women I've dated before got bored of me because I couldn't think of romantic gestures, I wasn't keen on spending alone time with them and I treated sex like a chore. I would have just wasted Shirley's time when she deserves someone who'll actually love her.

Billy - What is your Familial Relationship like with Alex? It seems like your relatives don't like him very much.

Let me make it clear, we all love Alex. He'll always be our brother no matter what. I think the reason we're all a bit hard on him is 'cause...well he ain't really like the rest of us - he's not really into making commitments and he shies away from responsibility sometimes. He's never really made himself useful in the business and we've all had to watch him let Callum down too many times. I think for Bruce and Spencer he can remind them of Trevor a bit, the way he often puts himself first and isn't very responsible with Callum, so it can be hard to respect him at times. But we all love him. And I love havin' him around even though we clash over things sometimes. I think we're all just hoping he'll grow up and not go down the same path our dad went.

Billy - What made you pursue a career as an Architect?

I've always been fascinated by it. I remember as a kid learning about the great fire of London and the architect tasked with rebuilding the city, Sir Christopher Wren, and I went to see his gorgeous Baroque landmarks, things that might never have been built if it hadn't been for that fire. Whenever we walked around London I always noticed the different styles of architecture, and some of the city's landmarks like the High Victorian Gothic Westminster Abbey just looked impossibly complex. I just had to know more - how and why designs changed, how they reflected the time period, how they were built and the major architects responsible for defining London's skyline. I was always drawing and building things when I was little apparently, and I still do it now. So going into it was just natural to me.

Billy - How do you balance your career as an Architect and your commitment in the Family Business?

Ah, yeah, balancing it is definitely the hardest part. I've got a lot of energy for both, which helps. It depends on deadlines, what stage of a project I'm at, how many people I'm working with, who the client is and what they need doing. My reputation as an architect requires constant attention so sometimes I do have to prioritise it over the business, but other times I'm able to slow down with it and focus on the business, if that's more urgent. If my family were in danger and needed my help, then I'd be prepared to back out of projects and lose clients, but I try not to. A fair amount of the work I do is on the establishments my family owns, too, even just carpentry work, which makes it easier to get time off if Spencer and Bruce would rather have me elsewhere. I'm just happy to always have something to do!

Pyro - What was crossing through your mind when Billy went into the Concept Stage of Character Creation?

Well I love playing young adults who have a lot to learn. 27 year old Jason, 18-30 year old Syd, 33 year old Chase, they were all established adults but with certain areas they still needed to figure out: for Jason it was alcoholism, poverty, anger issues, criminal tendencies; for Chase it was overcoming shyness and learning how to take what he wanted; for Syd it was finding his self-worth, overcoming his grief, dealing with undiagnosed mental illness. I wanted something for Billy to struggle with, but I wanted him to be different - so I aimed to make him a stable, generally happy guy with a keen motivation to live. His struggles include accepting who he is and his feelings for Erik. He's a big drinker (mostly for fun) and sometimes uses alcohol to help him carry the burden of such heavy secrets - not just his sexuality but also Erik's addiction and mental health struggles . So there's room for him to struggle with that, but it looks like he's gonna be okay now that Erik is getting better!

Pyro - Are you planning to give Billy any pets?

Nah, I have no plans to give Billy a pet - he's never had one before so it's not something he feels like he needs in his life. He does like dogs and cats and animals in general though, and his house is big enough and he lives near a big park, so if Erik moved in with him and wanted to get a pet then he probably wouldn't object. I keep finding really cute pics and GIFs of Taron with puppies so I joke that if Erik really loved Billy he would get him one haha. But no, I have no real plans!

Pyro - What is your next move for Billy in Character Development?

Self-acceptance, definitely. That's something I'd like to see him achieve, though I can never be 100% sure that my characters will end up achieving what I want them to. It all depends on how it plays out, how his family will respond when he comes out to them, any challenges he might face and how his relationship with Erik turns out. But after being pretty strongly homophobic all his life and full of unidentified self-disgust, it'd be refreshing to see him come to realise that there's nothing wrong with him and that he doesn't have to feel ashamed of who he is. On top of that, I think I'd also like to see him learn how to engage in the war with the Sullivans… Despite his height and age, he's not afraid to stand up to people or get into fights and has carried out some violent jobs such as debt collecting, abduction, intimidation and interrogation. But this war with the Sullivans will be his first fight on such a large scale, and he's never killed anyone before. Witnessing Erik shoot his assailant dead sent him into shock so I'm not sure how he'll do when this war gets going. Whatever happens though, I'd like to see him grow from it!

Last edited:
Are you ready to be interrogated?! Too bad.

Billy: Do you think you could ever let go of your worries and accept who you truly are?
Billy: What are some of your favorite memories from when you were young?
Pyro: What sort of future plans do you have for Billy that you can share with the group?
Pyro: Where does the inspiration for Billy come from?
Billy: What's the most important thing in the world to you?

Pyroclast Pyroclast

Billy: How do you think Spencer and Alex would react to finding out your sexuality?
Billy: What do you think about the Sullivans as people?
Billy: What is your favourite song?
Billy: Do you wish you could have known your parents?
Billy: What would you do if Erik had to return to New York to work?

Pyroclast Pyroclast

Billy: If Jeremy tried to woo Harper how would that make you feel? Would it be ok with you?
Pyro: What is your favorite part of playing Billy?
Billy: If you could go anywhere, where would it be?
Pyro: What's your favorite Billy memory?
Billy: If you could change one thing in your life, what would it be?

Alright *rubs hands together* let’s get started shall we?
Pyroclast Pyroclast

Billy: Who is your favorite sibling and why is it Harper? 😏
Billy: First of all, how dare you? Second of all, would you really leave to the states if Erik had to go back?
Pyro: When you were first thinking of making a King sibling what was your original plan for a character? Was your character always going to be secretly gay or was that something you came up with on the fly?
Billy: Out of the other three siblings, which ONE would you choose to save from a life or death situation?
Billy: What’s your favorite animal?

Alright, looks like we're in for another round. Billy, your turn!
-What was your first thought when Shona introduced you to Shirley?
--Follow-up: If she asked you out on a date, what would your answer have been?
-What is your Familial Relationship like with Alex? It seems like your relatives don't like him very much.
-What made you pursue a career as an Architect?
-How do you balance your career as an Architect and your commitment in the Family Business?

For Pyroclast Pyroclast :
-What was crossing through your mind when Billy went into the Concept Stage of Character Creation?
-Are you planning to give Billy any pets?
--If so, will it be a dog, cat or another animal?
-What is your next move for Billy in Character Development?

Kawa - Harmony
~Harmony Kiyoko Ryu~
2d9e8977ee8423758cdebd1e93f3c0e9.jpgtumblr_o5g4gcZb7P1voe76so5_1280.png1995130.jpg6a4c4e8127c50baef6a80296a5abde82.jpg
Questions from Pyroclast Pyroclast For HarmonyQ: Has spending so much time around Val and her family made you think about having a family of your own someday?
A: Yes, I've gone back and forth about that. I do have my doubts about becoming a Mother and a Family Woman. What makes it even more discouraging is that I am, by technicality, mixed even if I am a full-blooded Asian-American, as my Father was Korean and my Mother is Japanese. I do not know if I can even bare the thought of my child (or children) facing discrimination for that as me and my Family did when I was younger. But given that I haven't even really scraped the surface of dating yet, I can't be thinking too far ahead. Though I did tell my Mom, back when I was seventeen, that I wanted to have five kids. Only time will tell, I guess. But I definitely would love to have a big family one day and hopefully move my Mother here to New York so that she can spend her later years as a happy and loving Grandmother.

Q: What part of the job are you least confident/comfortable with and why? Is there any situation you don't think you would cope with?
When I was assigned by Don Moretti to protect the Wycliff Family, I wasn't the most confident in child care because I wasn't always the best with children when I was teenager. While I wasn't mean to them or anything, I was always scared of them getting hurt because of me or because I wasn't being attentive. This carried into Adulthood for me, and resurfaced when I first met the three Wycliff Children. If not for Francis helping me through it, as he is the eldest and knows how to take care of his siblings, I'd probably tear my hair out.

In terms of situations I cannot cope with, it would be if anything were to happen to the Wycliff Children. Cristina's kidnapping shook my confidence and PTSD fucked me really hard that day and I wish Val didn't have to see that. But I've never made it a secret that my Brother, Hanzo, died in a Drive-By Shooting when he tackled me to the ground and took most of the bullets that were mostly meant for me. Protecting these children is my way of honoring his sacrifice. If anything happens to those children, I can assure that I will burn down half of New York to kill whoever harms them.

Q: If you could do anything knowing you couldn't fail, what would you do?
A: Before I stepped into the Criminal Underworld, I was majoring in Politics during my tenure at the University of California. Had I finished my degree, I'd try my hand at the Political Game, knowing how dirty, dark and corrupt it is. My goal would be to make the community a better and safer place for Asian-Americans as a whole and speak out against discrimination and racism. So if I knew I could make my Community more safe, I would do that, one way or another.

But if we want to talk smaller scale, probably help Val dye Cristina's hair without negative repercussions and to spite Gabriel because he needs to get with the times.

Q: What did you think of the Morettis when you first came to work for them, and has your opinion of them changed now that you know them better?
A: Knowing that they were at the top of New York City's Food Chain left me intimidated and nervous. I was also very surprised when I was hired and accepted into the organization because I am not even of Italian Descent on either side of my family. Over the last year, my opinion hasn't changed all that much. While yes, some of my co-workers are wonderful people, its the higher-ups that I am still terrified of. Being given the responsibility of protecting the Boss' Daughter, Son-in-Law and three beloved Grandchildren was not exactly easy and at the back of my mind, I often wonder what the consequences would be if anything happens to them. Thankfully, I wasn't blamed for Cristina's kidnapping, otherwise I probably wouldn't be here to answer these questions.

For KawashimaQ: What would you say is Harmony’s biggest flaw? And what’s her greatest asset?
A: Her biggest flaw? Holding onto the past. She never fully moved on from the deaths of her Father and Brother. Sometimes it keeps her from sleeping at night and she hasn't made peace with either event. While she has yet to use it as an excuse, she still thinks that she could have done more to prevent their deaths, such as being more vigilant and hearing the car that was speeding towards her and Hanzo in Chinatown, or being there for her Father when he was going through Chemotherapy when he was diagnosed with Stage IV Pancreatic Cancer. She refused to accept that it had a low chance of survival. He had passed away holding her hand and to this day. Unlike his Daughter, Mr. Ryu accepted and knew that he was going to pass. Had she gone through the stages of grief properly, Harmony would not be holding on the way she has been the last three years.

Her greatest asset, probably her sociability. She can maintain a conversation with new people with ease and not get nervous or shut down. Like when Val introduced her to Ricky and Julia, she was able to hang out with them and it wasn't awkward because she wasn't sitting there quietly and just listening to them talk while wondering when she gets to go home. Sure, when Ricky almost made her cry, she didn't start blubbering, she kept a straight face and continued the conversation. If she wasn't a Bodyguard for Val, she would likely utilize this asset more often as an Assassin, because she can blend in at social gatherings and make her way to her target and people would be none-the-wiser.
Questions From Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess For HarmonyQ: What made you want to work for Gabe?
A: Given my history in Los Angeles, I didn't think I was really cut out to do anything else in life. Even after I entered my self-imposed exile, I was lost, wandering the streets of New York City. Just me, a small apartment and working for shady people to get by. But then Quadir Taylor came calling one night. After I had helped him and his Brother out of a jam, he decided to introduce me to Gabriel. After a conversation with Big Q, he had offered me a place in the organization. Admitted I was very surprised, as the Mafia mainly comprised of Italian or Sicilian-Americans (Though if I am not mistaken, today, one is only required to be at least half-Italian on their Father's side). From there, I accompanied Q to his business dealings and helped him seize control of the Cocaine Market in New York on Gabriel's behalf. But never did I think that he'd entrust me with the safety of not only his Youngest Daughter, but her entire family, from her Husband (His Son-In-Law) and his three Grandchildren. To be entrusted with that is an honor, one that very few have had. To this day, I wonder why he chose me, even after I've come to terms with it as I have grown close with his Daughter and Granddaughter alike and I am very appreciative of how kind the Wycliff Family has been to me.

Q: Given your PTSD, why choose to accept protecting the Moretti children?
A: Because I believe that is what my Brother, Hanzo, would have wanted. Protecting those children allows me to make up for what I see as my failure to protect my Family before it fell apart.

Q: What does your love life look like?
A: Non-existent. Haven't really met anyone. Nor have I really had the time. I haven't fallen in love since High School, and I've been scared of it because my last Boyfriend, who was Japanese, broke up with me because his parents were racist towards Koreans.

For KawashimaQ: What sort of plans do you have for Harmony?
A: Since Cristina's kidnapping, I haven't really considered Harmony's future, because her main job since her debut is to keep the Wycliff Family safe. Off-Screen, she has been learning new skills to improve her combat prowess. But for future chapters, I am hoping to see more action-oriented scenes for her, but that'll only happen if Valentina's life is in jeopardy, or that of her children and husband. But by the endgame, I am hoping to see her fall in love and at the very least have a wedding and depending on the gap between this RP and the next one (if there is going to be a next one), I hope to see her happily married with a family of her own. Most of all, I do want to see how Valentina would react if Harmony asks her to be the Godmother to her children.

Q: What inspired you to create Harmony?
A: This is not Harmony's first RP. In her original RP, she was written as a former US Marine turned DEA Agent with a troubled past, finding solace in music and performing as a DJ. She was also one of several Federal Law Enforcement Agents being recruited into a Task-Force backed by the CIA. But what inspired me to create her was having that one operative with a tragic and troubled past which ends up affecting their ability to perform in missions and, in turn, the rest of the team. After the mission that goes awry, she spends time in between missions coming to grips with the past and finding the strength (and willpower) to move on and letting go of the past. Years of lies and deceit really fucked with Harmony because she betrayed friends she came to care about, but ended up choosing her badge over the love of family. Because this did not fit with this RP, I ended up making a couple of changes to her character in order for her to fit in with both the RP and the time period that it is set.
Questions From BasDorcha BasDorcha For HarmonyQ: Harmony: What's one thing everyone should know about you?
A: I honestly don't care what others think of me. Gabriel very likely judges me for my Rainbow Hair and my Tattoos (And two of them thus far have come from his very own Daughter-in-law!), but it doesn't get in the way of my work, so why should it matter? Everyone comes from different walks of life, don't be so quick to judge, you never know what someone is going through, or what it is like in their shoes. Love me or hate me, its not my problem. What matters to me is that I get my work done before going home.

Q: What is your favorite memory?
A: My Brother taking me to Disneyland when I was fourteen. Probably the best time of my teenage years and the best weekend I've ever had in my life.

Q: Who is your favorite person right now and why?
A: Valentina Wycliff; although I was intimidated by the fact I was going to be protecting Gabriel's Youngest Daughter and her entire family, including her Husband and three Children, she was very welcoming and very kind to me from day one and so was her Daughter, Cristina. Since my vacation with them to Miami, which took place a few days after I was first assigned to them as a Bodyguard, I feel like it is easier for me to be myself around her, whereas it is much tougher with her Father and Husband. I don't know if she feels the same way, but she's the closest I have to a Best Friend in the cruel world we live in. If anything happened to her, I would never forgive myself and I would rain hell on anyone who does so much as a lay a finger on her.

For KawashimaQ: What do you relate to most with Harmony?
A: Her Sociability, where it is very easy for her to talk to people, have a conversation with them and probably be friends by the end of that day. My Cousin often tells me about how he finds it remarkable that it is easy for me to make friends IRL. One time, he left alone at a convention and by the time he got back, I made friends with three or four people and follow them on Social Media, where I, at minimum, like and comment on their posts and reach out from time to time, because nowadays everyone is busy due to adulting.

Q: What inspired Harmony?
A: As I had stated previously, this is not Harmony's first RP. Originally, she was written as a former US Marine turned DEA Agent, where she was frequently sent by them as an Undercover Agent to take down criminal organizations from the inside-out. In order to have her fit in with this RP, I changed her Military/Law Enforcement Background to a more Criminal-Esque one. Out of all the characters from her previous RP, she was one of the most troubled and had one of the worst pasts, as it affected her new team in a mission that went horribly wrong because of her. Overall, what inspired me to create her was having that troubled antihero who is having trouble coming to terms with what happened in their past and learning that holding on can do more damage then letting go. That is where she is at right now in the RP concerning her Father and Brother. She has yet to come to terms with their deaths and she has yet to move on. She misses the both of them every day and still believes that she could have done more to prevent their deaths. I do not know what it will take for her accept that they have passed away and move on with her life and look towards the future.
Questions From Misty Gray Misty Gray Harmony ExclusiveQ: What do you think of Teddy?
A: He is a Loving Husband and Father. Valentina and the Kids are blessed to have him. However, given recent events, I have grown weary of his temper and hatred resonates from him to where I find it draining to be around him. While I am not a stranger to overhearing him argue with Valentina, I constantly worry about a day where I have to intervene and break up the argument, which would put me in an awkward position. Given what I have overheard him talk about, I now worry that he is prioritizing his desire for revenge over the love of his family. I sincerely hope I am wrong on that. Revenge is very poisonous and toxic. That is why I left Los Angeles, because after my Father died, that was the only thing on my mind and I was terrified that it would put my Mother in harm's way after a while. Over time, I came to realize that it was more important to help my Mother find peace, then racking up a body count and destroy families the same way mine was. My Brother and I destroyed several livelihoods because we wanted to get back at the Korean Community for ostracizing us...and he eventually paid with his life when we unknowingly hit a store that was a front for the Korean Mob. I wouldn't want Teddy to go through that, to be so consumed by Revenge that his Family eventually pays the price. I hope that he will prioritize the love of his wife and children over his vendetta against the Irish Mob.

Q: Do you plan on visiting your Mother at all?
A: Yes. I do miss her dearly. But it's not like I cut her out of my life or ceased contact with her. At least twice or three times a month, I write her letters, and that is how we have been communicating for the past year. But the only way I'm gonna be able to do that is if Val plans a trip to L.A. If anything, I would like to plan a trip for me, her, Ricky and Julia, but no doubt Gabriel and Teddy are gonna be dicks about it...

Q: Would you betray Valentina if Gabriel commanded it?
A: No, I would not. While I may follow orders to the letter, stabbing Val in the back will NOT be one of them. She's been so kind to me and she's the closest person I have to a Best Friend. I don't know if she feels the same way, but all the same, I'd be devastated if she stabbed me in the back, no matter the reason. I'd rather be in a body bag then betray Val.

Q: What is your favourite movie?
A: Enter The Dragon, one of Bruce Lee's final films.

Q: Do you think you'll always work for the Morettis?
A: Until they betray me or leave me for dead, yes. I think I'll be working for the Moretti Family for a long time, until I can retire, assuming I live long enough to.

Last edited:
Questions from Pyro!

Harmony:
- Has spending so much time around Val and her family made you think about having a family of your own someday?

- What part of the job are you least confident/comfortable with and why? Is there any situation you don't think you would cope with?

- If you could do anything knowing you couldn't fail, what would you do?

- What did you think of the Morettis when you first came to work for them, and has your opinion of them changed now that you know them better?

Kawashima:
What would you say is Harmony’s biggest flaw? And what’s her greatest asset?

Grilling time!

Harmony: What made you want to work for Gabe?
Harmony: Given your PTSD, why choose to accept protecting the Moretti children?
Kawa: What sort of plans do you have for Harmony?
Harmony: What does your love life look like?
Kawa: What inspired you to create Harmony?

Harmony: Whats one thing everyone should know about you?
Kawashima: What do you relate to most with Harmony?
Harmony: What is your favorite memory?
Kawashima: What inspired Harmony?
Harmony: Who is your favorite person right now and why?

BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27

Harmony: What do you think of Teddy?
Harmony: Do you plan on visiting your mother at all?
Harmony: Would you betray Valentina if Gabriel commanded it?
Harmony: What is your favourite movie?
Harmony: Do you think you'll always work for the Morettis?

Bas - Jeremy
1638936338006.png

1638935941431.png

Jeremy

What is your favorite puzzle to put together?

I'm a big fan of mechanical style puzzles. I like to figure out how to put things together, pull them apart, how something that looks impossible works. Have you ever seen a puzzle box? Its a little device that looks like a solid box from the outside, but if you tap it just right, touch the right square, slide a side the right way, it can open up to hidden treasures inside. I've got a bunch of these around me house, some of them hold items in them, some of them are empty, some of them contain secrets that are in there for a reason. Who'd think a decorative box placed on the coffee table would hold a secret as serious as life and death? Me, that's who. Objects in plain sight are most often over looked.
Favorite Musician?
I like swing music, though I will listen to anything. There's just something about Louis Armstrong late at night, in a dark bar, drink in hand, and that smooth, jazzy sound filling the air. Have you heard May sing down at Mercury Nightclub? She sing's some great ballads from the 30's and 40's that I simply love. If you haven't, go check her out on any given night and ask her to sing One For My Baby. She'll knock your socks off. Make sure you get a spot in the back, looking at the stage. You'll know it when you see it, its dark in that corner but the stage lights up beautifully. Then you just sit back, listen to those bones play, and you'll be transported to another time and place.
What was your first thought when you met Harper?
Why do you ask about Harper? I watch her, nothing more, although, since you ask, I'll have to think back. Let's see, I met Alex and Spencer when I was a schoolboy, around twelve maybe? So Harper was pretty young. At that time, she was just a little, tiny tot, running around, crawling under foot, and generally in the way - not that things have changed much. She's still a pain in the ass. I suppose when I first met her, like with the rest of the King family, I thought they were the kind of family I'd like to have. It was just me and my uncle back then, I didn't have any siblings, and I liked the idea of having brothers. Sisters not so much, but I was a kid, you know, wanting other boys to rough house with and get into trouble. At that ages, girls might as well have been walking around with some disease. Not Harper, because she was to young for that. I guess maybe that's why I've always been protective of her. Being so little then, and always being so little in my mind for so long, she needed someone to defend her - even when she doesn't think she does. I'm sorry, I think I got off track, did I answer your question?

BasDorcha BasDorcha
What inspired you to bring Jeremy into this story?
Jeremy is a character I've seen in my mind for a long time as someone I wanted to play opposite of. Since I never got to be the pair for Jeremy, I decided to bring him to life instead, as I could tell he would mesh with Harper. Initially, when I thought about the pair years ago, I planned on playing the Harper-esque character, and someone else would play Jerbear, but I'm happy with this set up as well, as I get to play him the way I always felt he should be played. After all, who can play something I have in my mind better then the person thinking it up?
What is your least favorite trait that Jeremy has, but you can relate to it?
His need to remain aloof because his emotions are too strong. For a long time I was shut off emotionally, because feeling anything hurt. It took almost a decade to get past it, and when I started allowing myself to feel and let people in, it was problem. I was over emotional, or not emotional enough, and I've spent every day since then perfecting the balance. It's no so hard any more, but I still have a lot of days or times where I feel like I either don't feel enough, or something that I shouldn't feel to strongly about hits way too hard. I blame it on tiktok - making me cry over 30 second videos.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Jeremy:

What do you think of the Sullivans?
You mean the scum of the earth Sullivan’s? I think they are the lowest of low. Anyone who would use a child the way they have don’t deserve to have a place in this world. At the very least Conor Sullivan doesn’t. Sav seemed ok, until Alex messed up. Can’t say I blame her, but a boy needs his father. They need to work that shit out. Not having a father, albeit I did have an uncle, I feel it’s necessary. The Sullivan’s are a disgrace and need to get right with their God before they meet an untimely end.

Which of the King brothers do you like the most and why?
What you’re asking is like trying to ask a mum to pick their favorites. It’s hard. All of ‘em are like my family, and you care for each one in different ways. Spencer and me always related the most, even though he was a bit older than me. Alex, him and I were always in trouble, though Spencer was the first to start trying to be smarter about it. I suppose Alex and I were always close, just as I became close with Billy, but in the end if I had to pick one that I liked the most it would be Spencer. He’s my best friend after all. Alex and me don’t always see eye-to-eye, what with his like of the ladies, and Billy will always be Little King to me. I could no more choose which one to hate then which one I like the most.

What personality traits do you least like in others?
I distaste those who bully and prey on the weak, those who are ignorant by choice because they do not wish to educate themselves, and those who would harm the innocent. Its all well and good to be a tough guy, or girl even, but you have to have morals and a code, else you’re little less than an animal . I’ve had a lot of blood on my hands, working with the King’s, and I’ve never had an issue with handling business. One good turn deserves another, you know, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t a line I have drawn. There is, and it is very defined, and there is no one that could make me cross it, not even the King’s.

What's your favourite film?
I’m not much of a fan of TV, I’d much rather be reading a book or using my mind for something more important. I have watched a few in my life though, and I would have to say my favorite was To Kill A Mockingbird, or Breakfast at Tiffany’s, The Rocky Horror Picture Show and Monty Python.. I also like documentaries.

How loyal would you say you are to your boss, Bruce King?
Bruce King has always accepted me as one of the boys, alongside the King kids. I’ve known him as long as I’ve know them. He’s also gotten me out of trouble a few times, thought me things I needed to know, covered my ass, and given me a place in this world that accepts me as I am, not someone others want me to be. So I’d have to say as loyal as I’d be to H-… To anyone you love like family. Growing up an only child with none of my own parents, I got on well with the King’s because we came from the same kind of background. Bruce must have known that because once he decided I was alright, I might as well have been one of the family because he knocked heads and protected us as a group, regardless of whether we were related or not.

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess

Jeremy
How do you feel about the King family?

This is an easy one. The King’s are my family. Sure not by blood, but I’ve spent twenty plus years of my life with them, thick and thin, best and worst times. Bruce helped me pay for my education when I wanted to go to school, then brought me back to be an asset to the family. Its been nice handling some of the easy stuff for a while, but I’m slowly growing bored. Thankfully Bruce took care of that. I’ll never be bored again as long as I’m on this assignment. Fucking handful… *Mumbles the rest of the statement under his breath incoherently.*

What made you want to stick around the Kings?
Spencer, Alex and Billy were my best friends, I don’t think I need a bigger reason then that. They made me feel like I had brothers, something I desperately wanted when I met them. Plus all of us only had our Uncle to look after us – all of us had lost our parents very young. A lot of similarities. Hard not to feel like there’s a commonality.

Would you have dated Billy if Harper wasn't in the picture?
Ahahahaha, oh you go for the kill, don’t you? I’ve never been attracted to a man, but if I was ever going to give it a shot, I definitely would have done it for Billy – He’s the best sweetest of the bunch and definitely my first choice if I ever suddenly changed teams. Also, there is nothing going on with Harper. Seriously, why does everyone keep asking about her? It’s a job. I was assigned by Bruce. Do you all want Bruce to kill me for being unprofessional. *Sighs and scratches the back of his head.* Still… If I had to date a King.. *trails off with a daydreamy look.*

BasDorcha BasDorcha

What parts of Jeremy do you relate too?
His love of books. Seriously, I love to read, and Jeremy’s passion for books easily came from me. I’ll read anything if its got a good enough hook.

What do you see in the future for Jeremy?
I see Jeremy finding himself much more involved in the family then he’s ever been – which is saying a bit considering how I structured his backstory. I’d like to see him fall into a whirlwind romance with Harper, but Jeremy is stubborn and so is she, so we will have to see who wins.

Bellz Bellz

Jeremy:
What is your least favorite thing about Harper?

*Rubs eyes with the finger and thumb of his right hand, seemingly frustrated.* Again with Harper. Sigh. Look, I’ll tell you a secret that apparently everyone knows already. My favorite thing about Harper? Her fire. Its like watching a dancing flame that draws in the moth. It shines light on everyone around it. Its beautiful, but dangerous. Dangerous because if any one of her brothers or her uncle found out I spoke about her this way they’d kill me. But the heat of the flame never kept the moth from drawing too close, and it seems the threat alone is not enough for me. Maybe I should tell her. My favorite thing about her is, simply, her... What do you mean you said least favorite? That's easy. She's a brat, stubborn, hard-headed, independent and like's to jump before the thinks things through if it's something she really wants to do.

What is your favorite season? (Summer, Winter, Fall or Spring)
Fall, without a doubt. The world looks like its ending for a brief moment, then you remember there’s a rebirth coming. It’s the time of year where life takes a break before a nap and reawakening. Plus, with the onset of cold weather, there’s more time for reading and puzzles.

What is your favorite animal?
A wolf. Not afraid to be alone, but also a pack animal. Can be rough on the outside, but also a big puppy with the right handling.

If you could only save two of the King Siblings who would it be and why is it Harper and Billy? (XD)
Ohhhhhh, this question. Kind of cruel to make someone pick between their brothers. I’d have to say you’re right though. Harper and Billy, and only because I’d have faith that Alex and Spencer would find a way to save themselves. I’ve always looked out for those two, so I think if I had to make any split-second decisions, my instinct would go straight for them. Sorry guys, but you could handle yourselves, right? You don’t need my anyways.

BasDorcha BasDorcha :
How attached are you to Jeremy in this moment, say...if something were to happen to him? Would you be devastated or meh?
I’d be pretty devastated. I think Jeremy is the character I have the most invested into at the moment, and was the easiest to step into. I might pull a Misty Gray Misty Gray and rage quit if something happened to him this soon.

Who is your favorite person in the group to write with? (it's okay you can pick favorites!)
… Just mean, because I like to write with you all! But I do especially love you Bells because we sometimes get into late night post offs where we get to go back and forth and that is my favorite. I love getting into the groove and getting to bang out a few back-to-back post while my mind is in scene.

Last edited:
Jeremy
  • What is your favorite puzzle to put together?
  • Favorite Musician?
  • What was your first thought when you met Harper?
BasDorcha BasDorcha
  • What inspired you to bring Jeremy into this story?
  • What is your least favorite trait that Jeremy has, but you can relate to it?

Last edited:
Jeremy: What do you think of the Sullivans?
Jeremy: Which of the King brothers do you like the most and why?
Jeremy: What personality traits do you least like in others?
Jeremy: What's your favourite film?
Jeremy: How loyal would you say you are to your boss, Bruce King?

BasDorcha BasDorcha

Question tiiiiime!

Bas: What do you see in the future for Jeremy?
Jeremy: How do you feel about the King family?
Jeremy: What made you want to stick around the Kings?
Jeremy: Would you have dated Billy if Harper wasn't in the picture?
Bas: What parts of Jeremy do you relate to?

Alright I know I've been the one you've truly been waiting for so here it goes:
Jeremy: What is your least favorite thing about Harper?
Jeremy: What is your favorite season? (Summer, Winter, Fall or Spring)
Bas: How attached are you to Jeremy in this moment, say...if something were to happen to him? Would you be devastated or meh?
Jeremy: What is your favorite animal?
Jeremy: If you could only save two of the King Siblings who would it be and why is it Harper and Billy? (XD)
Bas: who is your favorite person in the group to write with? (it's okay you can pick favorites!)
BasDorcha BasDorcha

These questions were totally here the whole time 👀

Jeremy:
  • Not to get personal or anything, but what does sex mean to you?
  • I know you’re just following orders to protect her and there’s nothing going on between you, yadda yadda, BUT…if you and Harper were to get together, how do you think Bruce and the King brothers would take it?
  • What’s your biggest pet peeve?

Bas:
  • In terms of either plot or character development, what themes or character traits would you want to explore with Jeremy?
  • What do you enjoy most about writing Jeremy?

BasDorcha BasDorcha

Last edited:
Misty - Spencer

Spencer: What qualities in Trevor do you see in yourself and your siblings?

Only qualities we've got from him are blood and genetics. Some of us got his damn blonde hair too. But don't ask me shit like that, because we're nothing like that prick. I mean... Unfortunately, I guess there are things...

With me, I know I share his love of gambling and football. He'd take me to watch games, which was one of the very few times he did act like my dad, but that usually ended with us in the pub where I was dumped in the corner with pop & crisps while he got pissed up. I suppose I also inherited his blunt attitude, and apparently I can be cocky too. He was always a cocky bastard!

Alex, it's definitely the flirting, aversion to commitment and trouble making sacrifices. Things with the Sullivans are absolute shite now, but before that, I thought the world of Sav. Alex had the perfect chance of settling down with a nice lass and their little lad, but he went and cheated on her. He got that from Trevor, for sure. But, I know there's hope for Alex - he's a million times better than that prick dad of ours.

Billy has a lot of charisma, just like Trevor. Only, for Billy it's more genuine and natural, whereas Trevor knew how to switch it on to get what he wanted. There's also the banter and roughhousing, which again, Billy is nicer with. Trevor always took it all too far to the point where it was unpleasant.

Harper never had to meet Trevor, luckily for her! However, I'd say the sarcasm and impulsive behaviour are things Trevor showed quite often too. Thankfully, she's got her brothers to look out for her so she doesn't get into trouble by acting on impulse.

giphy-9.gifSpencer: How do you feel about becoming a dad?

I'm scared of messing up the kid's childhood. Being involved in the business as heavily as I am, along with always being on the edge of getting in trouble... I'm worried I might not always be around when the kid needs me. I don't just mean being away from home a lot on business, but we all know doing what I do brings me closer to prison or death. Can't sugarcoat that. I also kind of worry that I might be more like Trevor than I've realised yet. What if once the kid is born, I realise I can't handle that kind of pressure? What if there's some genetic predisposition to running away from responsibility? I love Alex to bits, but he's already proof of that...

Spencer: Do you think Alex is capable of growing up?

Absolutely. I think he's already on that path and starting to show it. I can tell he genuinely wants to spend time with Callum and that Sav taking the kid to Dublin has been hard on my brother. He's also started taking more active interest in the business, showing up to meetings and taking on some responsibilities. So far, he hasn't given in to temptation and jetted of to Ibiza or some shit. Hopefully he can keep it up, but I won't give up on him if he does have a 'blip'.

Misty: What inspired Spencer?

I really wanted to use Charlie Hunnam sometime around first seeing 'The Gentlemen', so decided I'd use him when the 80s RP started. I did intend on Spencer being much more ruthless, violent and intimidating. Whilst he is capable of and has committed brutalities against his enemies, he turned out to have more of a soft and sentimental side than I first imagined.

Misty: What plans (that you can share) do you have for ole Spency boi?

I don't have many long-term plans for Spencer at this stage. I usually like to brainstorm ideas up to about four chapters ahead and I'm still deciding where I want Spencer to be at the end of this RP. However, I can say that Trevor is going to be a big deal for him in the upcoming chapters. I'd also like Billy to tell Spencer about his sexuality, hopefully before every other character figures it out, haha. Spencer is very nosy and protective when it comes to his family, so if everyone else figures it out before he does, it wouldn't seem logical. I also expect Spencer will have more direct interaction with some of the key Sullivans soon.

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess

DADA.jpgSpencer: What's your greatest fear about being a father?

That there really is some natural disposition in my genes about commitment and that I'll be overwhelmed by family life. The last thing I want is to be like Trevor and run away from my responsibilities... but what if it's genetic?

Spencer: Do you trust Jeremy with Harper?

Of course! I find it extremely difficult to trust others and let them into my family circle, but Jeremy's been around since we were kids. We've been mates for so long that he's practically family, so I'd trust him with Harper just as I would trust her safety with my brothers, Alex and Billy. Just like we'd look out for our sister, I expect Jeremy would too. The fact it's also his job to be a bodyguard to the family means I trust he'll be professional and won't take his eye off the ball. He probably thinks he's a glorified babysitter, but Harper is hard work and protecting my little sister is one of the most important jobs in this business.

Spencer: What is one secret you'll take to your grave and why?

About twelve years ago, Trevor showed up in London and paid me a visit. He claimed he wanted to see us all, y'know, my brothers and Harper included. After all of the shit he pulled when he was in my life and the fact he walked out on us, leaving Mum to die, there was no chance I was going to let him near any of us again. I'd toyed with the idea of having the prick killed or at the least have the shit kicked out of him, but in the end I decided that would only bring more trouble to my doorstep. In reality, I knew why he was sniffing around and it wasn't out of some keen desire to reconnect with his kids. I offered him a load of money to fuck off, and you know what? Even before I threatened I'd have him killed if he stepped foot in London again, he accepted my offer. He couldn't take the money quick enough!

I suppose the reason I never told anyone is because I don't want them to have any doubts about the fact Trevor is nothing more than a selfish piece of shit. If any of them knew he'd tried to come back, they might start to wonder 'what if'. They might think there's some good in him, that he deserves a second chance because he tried to come back. He don't deserve a second chance, because he'll never change.

Misty: What happens if Spencer dies -you seem pretty willing to sacrifice anyone at any given time, would Spencer be easily killed?

it will be hard to kill him. I imagine it will have a big impact on the family and the business, seeing as he's second-in-command and has just become a daddy!

Misty: When you do kill Spencer, how do you hope he goes, what do you imagine?

i imagine it would be violent and bloody. It would be a brutal fight to the end kind of thing. Real messy, so not just a simple death by gunshot or explosion.

BasDorcha BasDorcha

f7586c4681f398979e8d6a60c8f893c2.jpgSpencer: When times get tough, who or what do you look to for inspiration, and why?

That's got to be Bruce. He took us in when both our parents were gone and even though I'd looked after my siblings on my own when Mum was still around, he taught me a lot about being responsible and really looking out for those who depend on me. During high school, I could easily have get myself expelled and fucked about, but in the end I stuck with it to prove myself to him - and I went on to earn a degree in the end too! I have a lot of respect for my uncle, which is why he's the only person who gets to tell me what to do. Sometimes, if I'm not sure how to react to a situation, I try to think of how Bruce would act, especially as he's more patient and diplomatic than I am.

Spencer: What’s something you wish you were better at?

I suppose what I just said, really. Patience and diplomacy. I mean, nothing's ever going to stop me from wanting to smack Conor, Syd or Peter about for the shit they brought to my doorstep, but from a business perspective, switching on the charm will probably help me get a long way too. If we're talking fluffier subjects, then I'd love to be a better cook. I just don't have the patience for it and by the end figure it would have been more rewarding to just get a takeaway, but I'd love to be able to make Shona a decent meal. One where I'm certain she's not just pleased because I made the effort!

Spencer: If you could meet your child self, what would you tell him?

Kill Trevor, cos I'd get away with it while I'm still a cute little kid... Nah, I'm just mucking about. I'd probably tell myself not to take any notice of Trevor's put-downs, but also that the man will never change and maybe to ask Uncle Bruce for help. I don't know how shit would have played out and there's no changing the past, but maybe Mum could have been saved if she'd had outside help.

Spencer: How do you think being the eldest child of abusive / neglectful parents has affected you? Has it given you any weaknesses, or just strengths?

They change between being weaknesses and strengths, but it's made me very protective of my family and I find it difficult to trust outsiders. I think that's a good thing because it means those I care about are safer, but I know it makes me unpopular with them when I'm being 'bossy' - especially with Harper. I think it's also made me appreciate family more and that we should always have each others' backs, no matter what. It's why I was so determined to make sure Sav didn't take Callum away. I want him to know the King half of him loves him no matter what.

The way Trevor treated me also gave me a thick skin and taught me to toughen up; to take pain on the chin. The bloke would often belittle me or give me a smack around the head if I talked back to him. I had to learn the hard way not to get upset or affected by criticism.

Misty: What would you like to see Spencer achieve / overcome over the course of the rp?

I'd like to see him resolve any unfinished business with Trevor, however that may be achieved! Also, for him take on more responsibility - show those who underestimate him what he's made of.

Pyroclast Pyroclast

source (1).gifSpencer: What was your first thought when you met Shirley for the first time?

My first thought? No offence to her, but it was along the lines of "who is she, what is she after, who does she work for?" - y'know, the usual thoughts I have when anyone steps foot near my family. After that, it was that I hoped she was being genuine and honest with us, because I want Shona to have friends she can rely on. With things having gone to shit with Sav, I know Shona had lost the support she had from someone who understood the whole pregnancy stuff. I'm still a little on the fence about the backstreet medic profession, but so far, Shirley seems legit and so I'm glad she's there for Shona.

Spencer: It is evident that you love your Nephew, Callum, very much. What would it take for you to make peace with the Sullivans so that both families can be a part of his life?

All it would take would be an apology from Conor and an assurance they're not going to pull any more shit on this family. Sav's head got filled with all these nonsense ideas about how dangerous it was in London that she won't come here anymore because she's scared we'd do something to her. That's not the case at all. She's a princess and got all whiny about shit, but I know that's because she's not nasty like most of her family. Believe it or not, no harm would ever have come to her from us.

[Following the above answer, the Mercury Nightclub was blown up]

I'm afraid what I said back there doesn't mean shit now. I can't even begin to piece together what scenario will lead me to making peace with the Sullivans. Maybe Conor's head delivered to me on a silver platter would be a start?

Spencer: Follow up from the previous question: What will it take for you to stop being such a dick to Savannah?

I don't believe I was a dick to her. Maybe my tone wasn't softly-softly enough for the princess to handle, but all I did was remind her that she couldn't just pack her shit up and take Callum back to Dublin with her. The kid was born here and has lived here for all his life. Alex might not have been around as much as he should have been, but Callum had all of the Kings doting on him and he loves his dad. It wasn't right her taking him away from his real home and that's what I pulled her up on. She's the one who blew it out of proportion and I think I was nicer to her than I should have been. Up until then, I was always friendly and welcoming to her. Even though she's a Sullivan, I never made it difficult for her to join my family and hang out with Shona or Harper.

Spencer: Are you and Shona hoping to have more Kids later down the road?

We haven't planned that far ahead, other than casual chats about our future, but I would like to have more kids. I can't imagine growing up an only child, so I'd want my kid to have some siblings to grow up and knock about with.

Misty: What was running through your mind when Spencer was still in his concept stages in character creation?

I wanted to make a family less powerful than the Sullivans but growing in power and numbers as the RP went on. I didn't want to play the boss, but I did want to play the eldest sibling - one who was tough and abrasive on the outside, but showed a warmer and more human side to his family & friends. That's where he started!

Misty: Do you have plans for a sequel RP set in the 90s, seeing that you have going through the 60s and 70s already?

I would love to do a 90s RP and I have no intention of quitting RPs any time soon. Really, it all depends on players and interest. We need a solid 5 or 6 players who are wiling to commit to a long-term RP and post multiple times per week to keep the momentum/story going. So if I had my way, 90s would happen, but it can only happen with other writers able to take part.

Misty: If you were to pick a setting in Asia to add to the RP alongside New York City, Dublin and London, which city would it be and why?

I would probably pick Tokyo as it's the city (and Japan the country) I have seen and know most of already, both real world and regarding TV/movies and gangster references.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back