• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
The Next Day...
Harper King
The Royal London Hospital
~ Tower Hamlets, London ~

83c30092e79338b3bcfc53b5a6002a80.jpeg
Harper’s eyes went wide as Spencer rushed to his feet, "Spencer, wait-!" She started to say, but she noted he hadn’t taken another step forward so she silenced herself. When her eldest brother turned back to face him, Harper had a bit of a deer-in-headlights look on her face, blue eyes wide. The woman was trying to read his face for any signs of anger but it was actually hard to read for once. Then he opened his mouth, recalling something before stopping himself. Harper’s cheeks grew hot, able to infer exactly what he thought. Casting her eyes down, she didn’t have it in her to say anything. She heard Spencer shift, obviously looking towards the door where Jeremy had exited and she wondered if she was going to have to yell out to her boyfriend. The idiot probably wouldn’t listen, rather taking the punch instead of running like she would have insisted on. These men…She silently complained. Her explaining that she had only just found out and that she was sure in her decision to keep the baby had seemed to help.

Spencer returned back to his seat and Harper’s eyes found his. Her brows furrowed with heavy concern as his eyes welled with tears. His expression had grown softer but she was still concerned. "It might not be the most ideal time but one could argue that there is never a good time for this kind of stuff. The good times come with the little surprise you know?" The blonde said, managing to give her brother a soft smile. It seemed like he needed the reassurance far more than she needed it now. Once again her hand reached out, rubbing his forearm she could reach. When he mentioned that it was good that she was going to get professional help, Harper nodded her head in agreement. It had taken a bit of convincing, that this would all help her rather than just exasperate the issue but now she felt the same way. At least until proven otherwise. Harper’s hand moved away from his arm as she grew serious, eyes cast down again. For nearly a whole month she wouldn’t be able to sleep in her own bed or be comfortable in her own place. It was going to be hard, but all things that were worth fighting for were just that.

While her face had grown serious, when her eyes met Spencer’s again he was smiling softly at her now, studying her face. Harper’s lips turned into a smile as well as he told her that she had a family that loved her and a bloke that wasn’t a waste of space, which caused her to let out a half laugh, half scoff. Spencer seemed confident that things will be better than they were for them all. As did Alex, as did Jeremy. Spencer told her that he’d be there for her, whatever she needed and her eyes watered again, this time tears falling down her cheeks. Spencer took her hand that was closest to him and Harper used her other free one to wipe at her face, wiping the tears away as they fell. "You all are far too good for me, but I am lucky to have you lot. Even if I’m an endless pain in the arse." He then expressed his disbelief that she was going to have a kid and Harper laughed, the sound broken but filled with a little bit of joy. "You and me both. I was just fine being the cool Auntie. But being a mom could be fun too, just don’t know if I have the skillset. But I guess no one does until it happens." She said, her voice low and a bit shaky as she continued to wipe tears away.

The room fell into a comfortable silence for a few short moments before Spencer asked if she could try to will the baby to be a boy. Harper let out another laugh as Spencer flashed her a smile, explaining that he figured they could start their own little footy team at the rate they were going. "I mean, I won’t claim to be an expert on how this whole being pregnant thing works. But I’m almost 100% positive I can’t just will it to be a boy or a girl." She said with a wide smile. "But I’ll put the boy vibes out there or something. Either start a footy team or a really kickin' band. A girl would be nice too though. I’ve been thinking about it since yesterday and…either way, I will love them just the same. To give all of our kids a life that we didn’t have…that’s something else. And I was swearing off kids like the plague but I think this is a fresh start for me." The smile never left her face as she talked about it with Spencer, making it clear that she really had given it thought.

"Thank you for supporting me on this. I don’t know what I would have done if you and Alex would have flipped out about it. And for, being okay with my relationship with Jeremy." Harper murmured, biting her lower lip. "We kinda took it a whole new unexpected level. But he and I are in this for the long run. We got you and Shona to model ourselves after. Even Alex to some degree. And of course, Bruce and Darcey. Every parent fucks up but I think with all of you there, it will be a lot easier not to fuck up." Harper hummed, another smile forming on her face before she had another question pop into her head. Harper knew it was a sensitive topic but she needed to know a few things.

"Have any of you…talked to…" It was so hard for her to not want to say Dad after the shit Trevor had done for her but she managed to keep it under wraps. "Trevor? I know he was the one who found me. And I know you all are so adverse to him and you have every reason to be but…" The blonde couldn’t finish her sentence to say that she wanted to know if he was okay. "And Bruce and Darcey? Billy and Erik, May and Shona? Are they all okay? I haven’t been able to stop thinking about them all since I woke up." Harper’s eyes found her brother’s, "And you? Spence, I know this hasn’t been easy…are you okay? Don’t think you are putting too much pressure on me if you aren’t, I know you all must be struggling."

Sunday 15th September 1985

Spencer King

tumblr_ad7878e4332b849368e2ed5729607b8f_3a26ffa4_500-gif.1047769
Spencer playfully nodded his head when Harper referred to herself as an endless pain in the arse. "Yeah, you got that right," he teased. He faintly smiled as she spoke about how she'd been fine as the cool auntie, but expressed reservations about her skillset as a mother. "It'll come to you. I was doing a lot of looking after you, Alex and Billy back when you were all kids. Spent plenty of time babysitting Callum. But it's different when it's your own. Suddenly, when Eddie was born, I wasn't sure anymore if I knew what I was doing and I had to adapt to being a dad. It ain't easy, but you'll get the hang of being a mum," he assured her.

When Harper thanked him for supporting her, Spencer let out a sigh. "It's a big deal, Harper. Obviously it's not the most ideal situation, but it's happened now and of course I'm going to support you. I'm going to have to wrap my head around Jeremy's part in all this, but I will," he told her. It warmed him to heard she looked to him and Shona to model hers and Jeremy's relationship and parenting on. He raised an eyebrow on mention of Bruce and Darcey, not just because they were excellent role models, but more because it struck his mind their their uncle had yet to find out Harper was pregnant. "You need to tell Bruce as soon as you can too. I don't know how he'll react, but I trust he'll come round to it," he reasoned. After what happened with Laura and having almost lost Harper, Spencer was sure Bruce would want to support her. Still, he didn't want to make assumptions so bold to her. Their uncle was more old-fashioned and under a lot of stress.

Harper went on to ask if anyone had talked to Trevor, prompting Spencer to look down towards the floor as he had to think about their father. "I haven't spoken to him," he flatly told her, before looking back to her face. "I didn't want him going near ya, but I suppose I'm grateful he ignored me on that one. I'm glad he was there when he was and that he saved your life - make no mistake about that. I just... I don't know if I believe he's changed, but even if I did, I've still got too many memories of who he was before he ditched us," he explained. He stopped short of expressing his belief that Harper wouldn't have tried to kill herself had Trevor made better decisions all of those years ago and not left his kids to suffer, which in turn was affecting them even now in adulthood. Looking to his sister, he realised his answer wasn't what she wanted to know. She already knew how he felt about their father, but she wanted to know how Trevor was. "When you were rushed to hospital, he came straight here too. He spent all night in the waiting room until it was clear they'd be keeping you asleep and stable for days." He didn't exactly want to put Trevor in a positive light, but the truth was the truth and his sister wanted it. "He seemed pretty shook up about it all, but I think in the end he was just relieved you survived it. As far as I know, he's doing alright. Bruce has been to speak to him since."

As Harper began asking how the rest of the family were doing, Spencer smiled and nodded his head. "They're all doing alright. Bruce has been stressed, but that's his and my natural state anyway, so don't take it too personally," he remarked. Despite his light comment, Spencer was still reeling from his disagreement with his uncle last night. Still, he wasn't going to give off any clues to Harper that they'd had a dispute, not when she had plenty on her plate already. "May's had some issues with some prick but she's okay," he vaguely told her, not wanting to go into full detail about her being abducted. "Everyone's just glad you're awake and you're probably going to be inundated with visitors today."

Of course, Harper wasn't about to let Spencer off the hook without having to tell her how he was. His eyes met hers as she told him he wouldn't be putting pressure on her if he wasn't okay, making it clear she didn't want him to sugar-coat his answer. "I've been better, for sure. You had me real worried, y'know. The thought that the conversation we all had at dinner could have been the last words we said was pretty rough, and I wondered if you'd even want to speak to me today after all that. But seeing you now, it's all good," he promised her. "I had to attend that charity gala last night. It went better than I expected, but it was hard work seeing it through to the end. And... I'm still feeling rough after what happened to me the other week. I've not been getting as much sleep as I'd like. I can't even blame Eddie for those sleepless nights," he remarked.

The Next Day...
Harper King

Harper had been relieved that Spencer now knew her little secret that was now becoming a not-so-secret. When he mentioned telling Bruce Harper knew he was right. Despite wanting her brother's approval, she never needed it like she had needed Bruce's. As the only father figure in her life, Harper had tried to do a lot in her life to make him proud. As her eyes caught a glimpse of the bandages on her wrists, Harper knew she had done anything but make him proud. One of the things she had remembered from the night of the dinner was the feeling that perhaps Bruce had it out with Jeremy. That he didn't approve of her relationship with him. While that was never enough to set her off before, she was sure it was just another thing that had. Doing what she wanted all the time came easy to her, but she really had to focus in order to not let her Uncle down...

Bruce had always expressed how proud he was of her but Harper's mind always wondered after that approval how long it would take for him to be disappointed in her. Having pushed the conversation forward, Harper found herself looking closely at her brother as he spoke about Trevor. The flatness in his voice was enough to distract her from her own troubling thoughts. Had she expected any other reaction from Spencer on the sore subject of their father? No...not completely at least. If it wasn't for Trevor after all...Harper wouldn't be here talking to Spencer about any of this. That thought briefly made her dizzy, the shock of it causing her to feel breathless. But forcing herself to remain calm for her brother's sake, Harper listened as Spencer said he was grateful that Trevor had ignored him.

Harper was grateful for it too. For listening to her intuition about her father rather than listening to everyone's opinion about who he was before. She would never truly be able to understand the pain he inflicted on Spencer and she would never pretend to. But that was the beauty of it all, she guessed, a clean slate. One that ended up being something she needed. "You don't have to believe anything if you don't want to, Spencer. I won't pretend to know what you went through with him. And I'm not going to give you some preachy speech about him changing or nothin'. I'm just glad he was there when I needed someone to be there, even if I wanted none of you to be." Harper's voice broke as she swallowed back more tears, forcing herself to rein in her emotions for the sake of Spencer.

Still, his answer wasn't the one she wanted to know and as they locked eyes, she could see him recognize that. Harper was patient, she had nowhere to go, nowhere she could go as she was waiting to be carted off to the psych ward. Hearing that Trevor had come to the hospital wasn't as surprising as it might have been before. If she hadn't known he'd saved her life then perhaps the shock value would have been there but...the relationship they had now, was something that she didn't have with even Bruce. He was responsible for her life, for a second chance at it...or a third chance. Jeremy had saved her life for the first time, one she had taken for granted under the influence of drugs. None of that was his fault but this new chance was going to be the one she used to do some good for herself. She also wasn't surprised that Trevor had been just as shaken up as the rest of them all. What he had to see...what any of them had to see.

The room started to spin and Harper had to close her eyes to get it to stop. So much pain and anguish that she must have inflicted on all of them, for her own selfish reasons of ending her own. The blonde could feel her pulse rising and took a deep breath before forcing her eyes back open. Hearing that he was relieved and that Bruce had spoken with him since that all took place was good. Calming her nerves that were still shot to hell.

Harper's question about her family's well-being was genuine, she wanted to know about all of them. It had been a long week, one that she didn't even know had passed. "I'm going to sign you two up for yoga or something. Too much stress is bad for the heart, you know. No more booze, stress, or red meat. Only veggies and water and plenty of exercise." Harper said, her voice stern as if she wasn't the one sitting in a hospital bed and he was. Hearing that May had some issues with a guy was concerning, causing Harper's brows to furrow. He was so vague about it that she briefly wondered if he had something to hide from her.

Normally, Harper would have prodded him further about it. May had gone from being someone she had felt like she didn't know anymore after finding out they were related to someone who Harper could relate to in almost every way. That in itself worried Harper to no end considering what she had just tried to do. The thought of May not doing well this last week made her anxious enough to bring a nail to her teeth, something she didn't normally do anymore. She had done it a lot when she was younger but her perfectly manicured tips couldn't be sacrificed anymore as she grew so she broke the habit. Habits were made to be broken under certain circumstances she supposed.

The blonde nodded her head at hearing that everyone was happy that she was awake. A small laugh escaped past her teeth and index fingernail as he said she was going to have a lot of visitors. The thought gave her a bit of anxiety, just knowing that she'd have to say goodbye to them for a bit. "It'll be nice to see everyone before I go..." Harper swallowed the lump in her throat, "I mean I know I'm not going to go forever but...I'm still afraid things are going to be different. Not in a bad way but just...different." Harper breathed, forcing herself to release her nail from her teeth as she settled her hands against her lap. "I expect this much candy when I get out of there though. I have a feeling they don't have the right kind of sweets in that kind of place." She tried to make light of the situation but once again it was anything but that.

Spencer luckily distracted her by answering her question about himself and his well-being, something she'd nearly forgotten she asked in her anxiety-ridden thoughts. While it was heartbreaking to hear, it was a distraction from her own thoughts. Hearing that he thought the dinner conversation they all had was the last one they would share was hard. Hearing that he wondered if she's want to see him again was even harder. "Spence..." She tried to say but he went on to say he'd gone to a gala last night and it went better than expected. Harper missed social events like that, dressing fancy was always fun. It had been a while since she'd been to something like that, since...the club. Spencer said that he'd been feeling rough since what happened to him the other week and that he hadn't been getting as much sleep as he'd like was concerning. "Normally I would say having a baby does that to you but since you say little Eddie is off the hook, you have me worried, Spence." She knew what it was like to go days and days and days without good sleep. It was debilitating. "Have you been seeing Cas for a check-up after what happened to you." Harper had been so enthralled in her own shit that part of her had forgotten that she'd been close to losing Spencer. While it had been a driving factor for her anger, it was still something that flew under the radar in a way. "Can't be losing sleep without Eddie being the cause, he's going to think that's unfair. It's his job and all." Harper tried to tease, smiling weakly but the concern in her own eyes was evident. "I know I shouldn't be preaching therapy or nothin', especially after this little...uh...you know. But have you talked to anyone about any of the recent shit we've been through with someone other than our family and friends? Just to get it off your chest? Maybe your thoughts are keeping you up without you knowing it?"

Sunday 15th September 1985

Spencer King

tumblr_ad7878e4332b849368e2ed5729607b8f_3a26ffa4_500-gif.1047769
Spencer raised a sceptical eyebrow at the suggestion of yoga classes. "Piss off. Can you really imagine me an' Bruce doing yoga? Give over," he playfully scoffed. "You can't deprive me of the booze and steak, Harper, but I'll have you know I get plenty of water and exercise. Maybe when they let you out, I'll bring you along on my early morning jogs!" he threatened.

"Things will be different, Harper. And when you come home, things will be different there too, but I reckon better. We're all going to support each other better than we were doing before, alright? And you'll have soppy bollocks there making sure you and the baby are going to be comfortable," he assured her, clearly referring to Jeremy. He softly smiled at the mention of there being no good sweets in the mental facility. "Guess that's something else to motivate you to get yourself back home then. Spencer's Ye Olde Candy Shop," he remarked, donning that all-too-familiar Dick Van Dyke way of speaking.

When Harper expressed that she was worried about him not getting much sleep, Spencer quickly shook his head. "Hey, you don't need to be worrying about me, Harper. It'll sort itself out. I can only get so tired before sleep finally kicks in and then I'm sure it'll be a good, long rest," he assured her. When she asked if he'd seen Caspian for a check-up, he nodded his head. "Yeah, he came and took the stitches out. Confirmed I'm still alive and all that," he casually told her. His wounds were healing and he wasn't going to die, so that was as much of a diagnosis as he needed. "Plus side about being awake is that Shona can get some rest while I deal with Eddie, so at least that works out fair."

Spencer could see the concern in Harper's eyes still, which she then confirmed when she started to suggest he saw a therapist. It was true that he too had been through a lot recently with their family and friends, not to mention Trevor stirring up a lot of trauma from his childhood. Despite acknowledging all of his recent issues, the idea of going to therapy wasn't something he felt open to. "I can't sit and talk to some therapist about all the shit in my head. If they didn't have me going to the same place you're off to, they'd just lock me up in prison instead. Maybe another trip to the beach will sort me out," he offered.

The Next Day...
Harper King

Harper let out another genuine laugh, the feeling filling her with a warmth she had assumed she wouldn’t get back for a while. That was enough to give her some hope that things would be okay, at least for now. "Honestly, I think that would make my entire year if I caught you to doing some yoga!" The blonde chuckled, shaking her head as Spencer told her that she couldn’t deprive him of his booze and steak. He went on to say that he got plenty of water and exercise. Which did reassure her some but they both knew that was not the care she was talking about. "Oh yea? I’ll take you up on that! Though I’m not sure how much running I’ll be doing once I get big enough." She mused, "But you can help whip me back into shape once the baby’s born." The woman said lightly.

Spencer’s words encouraged her that things would be a better kind of different. God knows she needed it to be. Harper nodded her head as he said they would all support each other better than they were before. The woman chuckled as he called Jeremy soppy bollocks. She had no doubt Jeremy would make sure they were both comfortable. She just hoped things hadn't changed between them for good. Harper's mind was still casting doubts over every positive thought her mind tried to create.

"Oh no, no more Dick Van Dyke! Please spare me!" Harper said, a large smile hurting her cheeks with the unfamiliar muscle movement. Despite the laughter, Harper was still worried about her brother even if he told her she shouldn't be. Without fail, Spencer told her that she didn't need to worry about him. He sounded so sure but she knew what it was like for sleep to come, it never did. At least not completely. There were a few nights with Jeremy that she had managed to sleep soundly, but once she was used to his presence in her bed, the dreams came back 10 fold.

Harper once again wasn't convinced that her brother was completely okay, even if he did make light of being awake so Shona could sleep. The woman did deserve it, but her brother needed sleep too. Not that Shona could help Spencer who wasn't sleeping well. Spencer's comment about where she was going would have bothered her, but she knew she couldn't take it personally. She was sure she would once she was alone with her thoughts, but right now Harper could actually find the humor in it all.

The irony was that Harper had been perceived as perhaps the most normal of the bunch, yet here she was headed to the looney bin. Coming to grips that she wasn't the person she thought herself to be was going to be harder than she could ever imagine, but for now...it did put a smile on her face...to know that she had even herself fooled. In a weird way. Her mind scolded her for smiling during such a serious part of the conversation, probably looking certifiably crazy at this point.

"Ahh the beach could do you just as good. If you go when I'm gone, be sure to stick your toes in the sand and all that." Harper said, a smile on her face but the tone betrayed how melancholy she was starting to feel so suddenly again. The way she felt so scattered now after having felt just stable enough before was throwing her off. The tears burned at the back of her eyes again and Harper blinked a few times to keep them away. "I know I should be worrying about myself, especially having just woken up yesterday and all. But you idiots keep me worried 24/7. I know I never checked on you at Cas's when you first got hurt...but I hope you know that I was worried and still am. I couldn't stand it if anything happened to you all...which I guess is part of the reason I was so frustrated. You all make me feel like you feel your lives don't matter sometimes, just blindly going into danger without thinking about the people at home waiting for you. But I know...that a lot of what you guys do keeps food on the table and our lives more comfortable. " The blonde swallowed the lump forming in her throat as the intense emotions she was feeling threatened to consume her.

"I love you, Spence. You, Alex, Billy...as angry as I got at you lot. I could never hate you truly. I just want the best for you all as you've all wanted for me. Just have a funny way of showin' it."

Later into the Next Day...
Harper King

The idea of heading to a facility to get more care for her mental issues was making Harper anxious. More anxious than she already was more like it. From the minute Dr. Parker had left, she had been inside of her own head again. Part of her was telling her that it wouldn't do any good, that going to this facility was going to make things worse. But she knew that was the mental illness talking. Her foot moved on its own accord underneath the hospital blanket, twitching nervously as she sat in silence. Was this really what her life had come to? Having to seek such an extreme form of help because she couldn't control her own thoughts? Harper had been in such control for so long, keeping her emotions in control. What had changed? She guessed that was the question that would be answered when she was admitted.

The blonde couldn't help but feel defeated. Everyone around her was hurting and it was because of her. She needed to get better. She would get better. Harper would speak that into existence and remain optimistic even if she was faking it for a while. The silence had been interrupted by a knock at the door. Harper was expecting it to be Dr. Miller, who Maddox informed her would be handling the transfer from here to the psychiatric hospital. Spencer had left a little while ago, and Harper had been grateful for the time she had gotten with him. It had been a long time since the pair had just talked alone. It wasn't clear when she would be taken, it could take a few hours or a few days. Whatever the case, he had advised that her family visit her before she goes. The first few days she wouldn't be allowed to see anyone.

When the door opened to reveal Bruce and Billy, Harper's eyes grew wide before they welled up with tears. Two of her favorite people, looked at her like they couldn't believe she was awake. "Hi." She managed to squeak out after a moment, clearing her throat to try to get out the lump that was forming there. Once the door was shut and everyone was settled, Harper reached forward to hug them both, only being slightly restricted by the multiple wires still connected to her.

Bruce and Billy King

1670804784502.pngWhen Billy climbed into bed the previous night, his mind was stuck on May and Harper. At least May was home safe now, though he worried about how the traumatic experience would affect her going forward. He had never made much effort to bond with May, even after finding out their relation to each other, but after seeing her in such a vulnerable state he realised that he did feel a deep brotherly instinct to protect her. He intended to check in with her as soon as she was up for having visitors, maybe send her something to cheer her up in the meantime. Until then, however, he had someone else to visit.

At the time of finding out that Harper had woken up from her coma, there had been little time to react before he was rushed off in search of May. It was only the following morning that it began to hit him that Harper had survived. He remembered hearing the doctor tell Bruce that whether or not she would ever wake up again depended on her will to live, and given the reason for her coma, it didn’t inspire much hope. Billy would go to her bedside at every chance he could just to encourage her, to plead with her to come back. He would always begin with updates, light subject matter like what he did that day and what everyone else was up to - but really, there wasn’t much to tell her, since thinking about her was about all he did.

After the eventful night he had had, Billy put some extra effort into his appearance that day, doing his best to clean up any residual blood so as to give her nothing extra to think about. He held a bouquet of daisies in his hand, picked from the garden that very morning, as he walked with his uncle through the maze of hospital corridors. He had brought her another gift, too, which Bruce was carrying for him. Bruce appeared to have returned to his usual composed self, which Billy was relieved about. One of his earliest memories was seeing his uncle cry, perhaps because he was already established as the most dependable person in Billy’s life so it frightened him to see him fall apart. While he had never seen it since, the thought of the man buckling under the weight of all his stress scared him.

Of course, on the inside, Bruce’s mind was stretched. In addition to the business rearrangement with Gabriel Moretti at the gala for Carter Technologies, Bruce's amicable meeting with Trevor had pushed his and Spencer's relationship towards hostile territory, something Bruce expected would happen when he confronted the Italian boss on his actions regarding Callum’s return. What that would mean for their relationship going forward he couldn’t be certain, but he still stuck by his decision; without Moretti's intervention, he would lack the manpower needed to survive the war with the Sullivans. His family were already suffering in all kinds of ways and between worrying about Harper and May, and his nephews’ capacity to fight whilst recovering from their injuries, the last thing he wanted to do was bring in violence from yet another party.

1670804810505.png “Billy,” Bruce said, and the younger man turned around. “Stop there a second.” Billy hadn’t even realised he had marched ahead, his eagerness to see Harper driving him on. He stood and waited for his uncle to catch up to him, and once he had, the man placed a hand on Billy’s left shoulder. “I just want you to take a breath,” he advised. “She’s been through a great deal, and I know it can be overwhelmin’ to see family in hospital but I need ya’ to be strong, son. You wanna get anythin’ out your system, you do it out here, not in there.”

Billy nodded at his uncle and took a deep breath. “I’m calm,” he assured him, a smile spreading across his face. “I just want to see her.”

When they reached her room, Billy wrapped their signature knock on her door before opening it and revealing himself. His smile remained, but as her eyes welled with tears, so did his. He dropped the bouquet at the foot of her bed and instantly moved in to hug her. It was a little awkward with his arm in a sling, but any pain was outweighed by the comfort of having his sister back. As he held her in his arms, he was reminded of how close he had come to never being able to hug her again and with that thought in mind, it was a struggle to let her go. “Hi,” he whispered back. He smiled warmly at her as he pulled away, tears glistening in his eyes. He stood back and moved to sort out some water for the daisies, and to give his uncle some space.

“Hello, darlin’,” Bruce gently uttered as he leaned in to hug his niece. He held her for several seconds, just stroking her hair and kissing her on the temple, before finally releasing her and taking a seat in the chair beside her bed. “It’s good to see you awake. You’ve had a lotta’ company while you been in ‘ere - everyone’s been so keen for good news. Billy ‘ere has been gettin’ up at the crack of dawn every mornin’ just to start his day seein' ya’!”

“I couldn’t let Alex or Spencer get ‘ere first,” Billy chuckled. “Gotta maintain my status as favourite brother, don’t I?” He shot his sister a wink and pulled a chair right up to her bed so he could be close. Meanwhile, Bruce found her hand and took it into his, careful not to disturb the catheter. He showed her a calm smile. “How are you feelin’, love?”

Last edited:
Harper King

Harper had to let out a deep breath in order to steady herself. She had a fitful night of sleep and her emotions felt like they were scattered everywhere. Meeting both Billy’s eyes and her Uncle’s was hard, especially since she felt so ashamed, as she had with the rest who had come to visit her but she maintained eye contact. Billy dropped the flowers he was holding on the bed and rushed to her. "Careful now, wouldn’t want to bust up that arm any more than you already have." Harper said lightly, carefully wrapping her own arms around him. Tears would stain his shirt as they just held each other. As lovely as it had been to see her elder brothers, holding Billy in her arms, her favorite brother since the beginning…it made her extra emotional. Realizing just how much she had failed him recently stung, it was something she would have to come to terms with eventually.

He whispered hello back to her and Harper found herself smiling through tears, a laugh bubbling past her lips at the simplicity of their hellos, as if things hadn’t changed when in fact, everything had. When Billy pulled away, Harper let him go fuss about the flowers when her eyes then landed on Bruce once more. She swallowed the lump in her throat as he said hello but was unable to get the words out as he then moved to hug her as well. A broken half silent half verbal sob tore through her chest as her weak arms hugged him as tightly as she could muster.

The pair held onto each other like that for several seconds as he stroked her hair, kissing her temple as he always had even when she was a small girl. The feeling of safety was so familiar that it felt like a slap in the face now. Why did she want to leave this? Why did she do it? Her mind had been consistently going back and forth from justifying her actions to questioning why she had done it in the first place. It was an endless cycle of self-loathing that she was eager to get rid of, she just wasn’t a fan of where she had to go in order to successfully do it.

When Bruce moved to sit in the chair beside her bed, Harper looked at him, watching the relief settle onto his expression as he said that he was happy to see her awake. Harper managed a genuine smile at the fact that she had a lot of company while she was out. They had all been keen on good news, he said. Was there a chance that she wouldn’t have woken up? No one explicitly told her that it could have taken a turn for the worse, but she guessed that given what she had set out to do a week ago that it had gone without saying.

"Crack of dawn huh?" She’d managed to get out, still overcome with near tears as she looked to her brother now. He mentioned not letting Alex or Spencer get to her before he could, having to maintain his favorite brother status. "After all the bickering we’ve done over the years, Billy, I don’t think I’d ever revoke that title from you." Harper mentioned honestly, watching as he too pulled up a chair. Bruce took her hand and she let him, watching as he was careful not to mess with the I.V. stuck in it. His smile was calm but she could see the same worry that each person who had come to see her had hidden behind their eyes.

"It’s a bit hard to figure out how I’m feeling exactly." Harper said honestly, "So many things at once that I am starting to feel like I’m feeling nothing at all." The blonde knew that would probably worry them so she was quick to add, "But I’m getting sorted out, Dr. Parker and Dr. Miller have been checking on me. Jeremy’s been here to keep me company. And I’m alive…which is definitely a plus." Harper’s head was telling her that it wasn’t something to celebrate, especially after the pain she had caused the two people in front of her but she shoved that thought away, her expression turning up into a wince at the painful reminder. "All is as well as it can be given the circumstances. Dr. Parker says that they’ll take care of me in that psychiatric hospital, so I’m trying to remain optimistic about it."

Wanting to get the attention off of herself for a moment, Harper looked between Billy and Bruce. "How have you two been holding up? Nothing I should scold you about, hmm?"

Bruce and Billy King

1670805207883.pngHarper’s answer to his question was vague at first, and Bruce had to use his imagination a bit to understand what she meant by feeling nothing at all. The only frame of reference he had to compare it to was of Laura, and how numb she seemed when the drugs began to suck the personality out of her and skew her emotions. Between the long-term injuries, trauma, emotional turmoil and drug addiction that Harper had been battling, combined with the coma and effects of her suicide attempt, it was no wonder she was left unsure how to feel. “You’ve been through hell, darlin’,” Bruce reasoned. “Whatever you feel or don’t feel, you don’t need to justify.”

Thankfully she then directed the focus towards the help she was getting - she seemed optimistic, and was even positive about being alive. Bruce showed her a proud smile and squeezed her hand. “Let’s keep it that way, okay?” he said, his voice weakening from the emotion he was straining to suppress. With all the heavy losses he had experienced in his life, Bruce knew first hand how hard it was to keep marching forward while still in darkness. It took incredible strength to be hopeful and optimistic during such deep suffering. “Well, that’s a very good attitude to have,” he told her. He squeezed her hand for a moment before adding, “I am so proud of you, my girl.”

When Harper asked them how they were and what they had been up to, Bruce didn't hesitate to say, "The same old trouble," with a harmless smile, and, "Callum's settlin' back into life in London, brightenin' up the place as always."

1670805177526.pngBilly could tell what his uncle was doing, and he understood why - it seemed like the most tactful thing to do, but after the fights Harper had had with the family about being left out, and what it had ultimately driven her to do….he had vowed never to leave her out again. "May…" he began, and Bruce shot him a discouraging look. But he pressed on. "May got into some trouble - she went missing for a few days after some guy took her. But we found her last night, she's home and safe and bein' looked after." He took a deep breath as he looked his sister directly in the eye. "We did have to fight to get her back, though," he went on. "And…Alex got hurt. He got shot. But he's okay, he's home and he's gonna be fine. We're all fine, so you don't have to worry 'bout it. I just thought you deserved to know."

Billy reached out to hold her hand, and accidentally touched the bandages that bound her wrist. It sent the image of her being carted out of the apartment straight back to his front of his mind and he bit down on his lip, feeling it begin to tremble.

"Bill, you wanna give her the…?"

"Oh, yeah," he said with a sniff, and let go of Harper's hand to take the bag that Bruce held out to him. Turning back to his sister, he withdrew a book-shaped present. "Erik wrapped it so if it looks shit, blame him."

He passed her the book, watching with tears in his eyes as she opened it. He had gone out to buy it for her before she had even woke up - before he knew she even would. "It finally came out in paperback," he explained. It was a copy of Jeanette Winterson's Oranges Are Not The Only Fruit, and inside the front page was a thin wooden bookmark he had made, with an 'H' carved through the centre. "It's about lesbians, I think. I haven't read it yet, but if you take this and read it while you're in the hospital, I'll find another copy and read it at the same time and then -" A thought cut him off. "You are allowed to take it in there with you, right?"

Harper King

Harper was so thankful that everyone around her was just relieved to see her and not angry with her for what she had done. There was the smallest bit of anxiety inside of her over the possibility that they would all be so upset with her for what she had done, that they wouldn't understand the pain she was in. If they did feel that way, they must-have all collectively agreed to keep those feelings aside for now. When she spoke about the help she was going to be getting, Harper was happy to see the smile on her Uncle's face, the proud one he normally gave her when she accomplished something great. She wasn't feeling like she had accomplished anything but she appreciated the support regardless. A smile formed on her lips as her uncle said to keep it that way, her head bobbing in agreement. His voice was weak and Harper searched his eyes. There was so much in those eyes that she could see immediately. Bruce had always tried to keep his composure around her, always trying to remain calm as if nothing in his life was wrong.

When he told her it was a very good attitude to have, Harper let out the smallest of laughs, "As good of an attitude as I can have at the moment. Thank you, Uncle Bruce...that means a lot to hear you say that." Harper said, her own voice starting to betray her as it was strained with emotion now. She was relieved when Bruce answered her questions about how they were and what they'd been up to. But he answered so quickly with a generic answer and a smile that told her immediately that there was more beyond those words. "Oh little Callum, I can't wait to see him again. I have had several gifts piling up in my drawer for him." Harper mused as she looked to Billy who looked at Bruce like he also knew what their Uncle was doing. Deflecting as usual. Some things would never change. Even if she was fearful that other things would.

Harper's attention was solely on Billy now as he spoke up. May's name being said caused her brows to raise. She wondered how the young woman was doing. Harper remembered having that talk with her before the dinner party. It was weird to think they had both gotten pregnant around the same time. If that was a common sister thing...she was clueless about it. Hearing that she had got into some trouble and gone missing caused Harper to push herself up a little straighter in her bed with her one free hand. Harper was about to demand to know if she was okay but Billy went on to reassure her that they had found her last night and that she was safe and being looked after. If that wasn't enough, Billy informed her in a fight to get her back, Alex had been hurt.

Having just talked to her second eldest brother the day before, right after she woke up, Harper felt a bit nauseous knowing that he had been hurt so quickly after their heart-to-heart. Not being able to control anything from her hospital bed and checking in on her family when they needed her was going to drive her crazy. "A-as long as everyone's okay." She managed to croak out, letting Billy take her hand. The blonde observed as he accidentally touched the bandages she had been doing her best not to look at or even showcase. The look on his face was one she was familiar with. Her hand quickly found his so that she could give him a squeeze to let her know that she was there for him silently.

Their Uncle reminded him of something and Billy quickly tore his hand away from hers. Harper looked to Bruce with heavy concern written on her features, her hand squeezing his as well. When Billy turned back to her, she watched curiously as he pulled out a book-shaped gift that had been wrapped as carefully as possible. "Ah, looks like I'm gonna have to teach him my foolproof method for wrapping gifts." Harper hummed lightly, letting go of her Uncle's hand to take the gift in her hands. Tearing at the wrapping paper, the familiar title made her smile widely, already knowing what book it was. When she opened the front page, a wooden handmade bookmark with her first initial carved into it made her smile even wider. "Oh Billy, this might be the sweetest thing you've ever given me." The blonde hummed again before turning to look up at him. The tears in his eyes as he asked if she was allowed to take the book into the hospital made her own eyes burn.

"I believe I can...as long as I don't have items that I could..." Harper bit her bottom lip, "Erm...hurt myself with." The blonde finished her sentence with a visible wince and closed the book as she beckoned Billy closer to her. "I know I've hurt you both just as bad as I've hurt myself...but you don't have to pretend to be okay. It's okay to not be okay." Taking Billy's hand, she squeezed it before lifting it to her lips to kiss the back of his hand. "Don't do what I did and pretend to be okay for years until it boils over and nearly ends you. I don't wish that on anyone else. I love you both so much, and I just hope...you can forgive me for this."

The Princess Hotel
~ Liverpool City Centre, Liverpool ~
Wednesday 18th September 1985

Savannah Callahan and Alexander King
Misty Gray Misty Gray and Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Collab​

1670807298920.pngSavannah hadn't been able to sit back without trying to see Callum. Although her injuries had brought her discomfort, nothing was hurting more than her heart did knowing she couldn't see her son. Feeling herself grow more depressed by the hour, she'd been unable to hold back from contacting Alex three days ago. She hadn't expected him to want to talk to her after she took Callum away from Corfu, but thankfully they had been able to speak and he was willing to let her see Callum. They arranged to meet at a neutral location and given that she felt Callum had been dragged around enough, she agreed to making a trip on the ferry to meet Alex in Liverpool, England. Part of her wasn't even sure if she could trust Alex, but the way she was feeling, she was willing to take the risk. She'd rather die trying to see her son than live whilst never seeing him again.

Savannah had told Roxie and Sinead where she was going, but refused to let them go with her, not wanting them to be put in any kind of risk with her. As such, the journey from Dublin to Liverpool was one she had to do alone. Thankfully, she made it there without any delays and checked into the hotel on Wednesday afternoon.

With her overnight bag left in the hotel room, Savannah made her way to the hotel lobby where she'd arranged to meet Alex. Sitting on one of the sofas in the quiet, classy reception area, she felt anxious. She wasn't worried about any kind of danger, but she feared that Alex wouldn't show up. Or if he did, he'd be angry with her. Or worse, Callum would be upset with her. All kinds of thoughts were jumping around in her mind, she could feel her heart racing out of nervousness. In her hands, she held the t-rex soft toy that she'd brought for Callum. It was one of his favourites and it had been left behind when he'd been 'extracted' from their Corfu villa, but in the current moment, holding the toy was serving as an unconscious comforter for Savannah herself.

*****​

Callum barely remembered much from the night he was taken away from his mother and then ended up back in London with his father. The boy was confused by yet another sudden change. Whilst he was happy and thrilled to be in back with Alex and the rest of the Kings, Callum was missing Savannah and didn't understand why he had been taken away from her without a goodbye. So when he was told he was going on a trip with see his mother, Callum was excited. He'd spent a big part of the journey asking what they were going to do in Liverpool and reeling off members of his mothers family to ask if they'd be there too. Although it soon became clear only Savannah would be there, the boy was still happy knowing he was at least going to see her.

********************​

rs_634x1024-220404084608-634-heath-ledger-portrait.jpgAs happy as Alex had been to have his son back, the circumstances behind it ruined that. He never wanted Callum to be abducted and least of all Savannah shot. The two of them may have had their disagreements and arguments but he didn't think she deserved such treatment. It was hard to enjoy the past couple of days he'd had Callum - the two of them staying up late watching movies, playing games, and doing anything else Alex could do to take his mind off things. When he received a phone call from Savannah he wasn't at all angry with her. He'd been feeling bad about it all and decided to hear her out.

Their conversation had gone over more smoothly than it had in the past. The two of them had come to an agreement to meet in secret; without either of their families knowing. Alex knew Bruce or Spencer would've talked him out of it, so he'd only told Kerry about his whereabouts. He hadn't wanted to put her in a position where she'd have to lie, but on the off chance something had gone wrong, he felt at least someone should know.

Callum had been asking so many questions that day. With his sunglasses on and a to-go cup of coffee in his hand, he watched Callum wiggle with excitement in his seat. Alex had also been feeling very anxious about seeing Savannah again after so long and so much had happened. But, this was for Callum; not him. With every question, Alex gave an answer. He'd been an expert by now at quickly answering such questions. The moment the two of them arrived at the arranged meeting place, Alex stood looking around for Savannah. Callum had spotted her before Alex had - running towards her immediately. "Wait- Callum!"

When he finally looked up and saw her he froze, sliding his sunglasses to the top of his head. She looked... Different. Similar, he guessed, to how he had when he first found out about her taking Callum away from him. He waited for a moment before looking away, scratching the back of his neck. Things felt... Tense and he wasn't even close to her. After a few more moments of letting her have time with Callum alone, Alex shoved his hands into his pockets and made his way over. "He-... He's been excited to see you. Been looking forward to it, I think."

********************​

Savannah had got lost in her thoughts when Alex and Callum had first arrived inside the hotel, but the sound of the boy's eager footsteps running towards her had been enough to snap the woman back to the present. Setting the soft toy down on the couch, she stood up and reached down in time for Callum rush into are arms so she could lift him up for a tight hug. Savannah visibly winced as she pulled her son in close to her, his body pressing against the still sore and healing gunshot wound to her stomach. But no amount of pain was going to stop her from holding her boy. "I missed you, baby," she told him, placing a series on kisses on his cheeks.

"Missed you too, Mummy," Callum happily told her, a bright smile on his face all the while.

When Alex caught up to tell her Callum had been excited to see her, Savannah's smile dropped and her body briefly tensed as she looked at her ex. After a moment, she cleared her throat and loosened her tight hold on Callum so she could see his face. Looking at the boy, she smiled again. "Look at you, going on all of these adventures," she began, carefully putting him down and checking he was steady on his feet before letting go of his hands. "This guy has been waiting for you," she playfully told him, handing him the toy dinosaur which he wasted no time in taking back into his possession.

Savannah stood up straight and looked Alex in the eyes. There were all kinds of feelings bubbling up inside of her, some of which were unpleasant ones, but after everything that had happened, she didn't have it in her to prolong any hate or blame. She just wanted all of the fighting and arguing to stop. "Thank you for bringing him here," she told Alex. She glanced to Callum as the boy had decided his focus was for now best spent watching the fish swimming around in the nearby illuminated tank. Looking back to Alex, she knew they had to work together and be friendly, but she had to get one thing off of her chest first. "Those people snatched our boy right from his bed where he was sleeping," she quietly pointed out to Alex. "They shot me for trying to stop them from taking him away and... Did you or Spencer or anyone else in your family arrange that? I can just about accept things may have gotten bad enough my death wouldn't matter you to guys, but Callum... to put him at risk like that? I don't want to think you're capable of something that reckless."

********************​

Alex took note of how Savannah winced when she hugged Callum, suddenly full of regret and remorse. He fidgeted as he watched the smile disappear from her face when she looked at him. He wasn't naive. Alex knew that she wasn't about to be happy to see him and had prepared for such. He watched as Callum turned his attention from the stuffed dinosaur to the fish in the aquarium. He let out a soft chuckle nodding his head at him. "So easily distracted, right?" Another comment was made to try and ease the tension and how nervous he'd been feeling right then. However, the moment Savannah started talking and asking him questions it was clear it did nothing.

He frowned at her, upset that she'd assume he had been behind something so heinous. Alex knew he was an asshole and had done and said things to Savannah in the past but he'd never extend that sort of behavior to his son. "Are you fucking-," he started, realizing how loud his voice had gotten. Clearing his throat he closed his eyes to calm down. When he opened them again he walked closer to her and lowered his voice. "I would never do anything to bring harm to our kid you know that. And despite what you may think," he said, gesturing to her. "I would never have you killed either."

Whatever residual feelings he'd had for Savannah were long gone. Kerry was the woman who had his heart, however, there would always be something there for Savannah; just not in the romantic sense. She was the mother of his child after all and at one point he did genuinely love her. "We didn't send Moretti to Corfu, okay? We didn't order any sort of hit on you and he'll pay for what he did." He paused, running his hand through his hair. Letting out another sigh he shook his head. "What the fuck, Sav? I knew you hated me but you took my kid away from me," for a second his voice cracked and he had to look away; to look at Callum. "I'd have never done that to you." He looked back at her. "Hell of a way to hurt me back."

********************​

Savannah raised an eyebrow at Alex's profanity but he was quick to silence himself and take a moment to calm down. She watched him as he walked closer to address her in a quieter voice. He assured her that he wouldn't have risked Callum and she believed it was true even before she'd had to ask him. The fact was, she knew she could be naïve and overly trusting, so she felt she had to ask to make sure she wasn't wrong now. Alex then gestured to her and assured her he wouldn't have her killed either, to which she nodded in understanding. "I know. I just panicked..." she trailed off, letting out an exhausted sigh.

When Alex assured her the Kings hadn't sent the Morettis to Corfu, she chewed her bottom lip and nodded her head. She felt bad for thinking otherwise, but considering what had been happening over the last few months, she believed it was entirely reasonable to question it. After the explosion at the nightclub and things that had followed, she didn't think it was to far-fetched to wonder if the Kings would respond in kind - stoop to a similar level her own family had. "My family is far from innocent but that man, Moretti, he's a whole other kind of monster. The people he associates with are far from human," she warned him, her words clearly coming from the suffering she'd experienced in New York. Kerry too had come across the same evil the Italian associated with and her experience had been even more traumatic and painful than Savannah's own. The East Harlem Crew were dead and gone, but Savannah didn't doubt Moretti still associated with similar or worse monsters.

When Alex expressed his upset towards her for taking Callum away, she brought her hand up to cover her mouth, her large eyes glistening as they began to water. She glanced to the boy to check he was still content watching the fish before she focused back on Alex. Moving her hand away from her mouth, she folded her arms around her stomach for comfort and lightly shook her head. "I don't hate you, Alex, and I didn't take Callum because I wanted to hurt you. I panicked. London and Dublin are not safe for him whilst this war between our families goes on. When I saw the letter about starting legal proceedings for custody, I was scared that I'd never be able to see him again. My family doesn't have a good reputation and I was scared I'd never be allowed to see Callum again. I wasn't ignorant to the fact it would hurt you, but I couldn't lose him... I can't lose him..." she said, her voice weakening to a whisper as she forced back her emotions. "I'm sorry I took him away and I know how much it hurts," she admitted, quickly drying her eyes with her sleeves.

Savannah composed herself and took a deep breath. "Alex, I can't live without having Callum in my life, and I know you need him in yours too. I just don't know how to do it. It's not safe for me in London. Not while our families are trying to kill each other. I hate that this started in Callum's name and I want them all to stop using our own business with our son as an excuse to fight. I've told Conor and Syd to stay out of this, to let me deal with my own life. I want them all to stop this war. I imagine you and your brothers are sick of it too?" she asked, looking him the eyes. "And Moretti - he probably wants you all to keep this war going so he can keep making my family suffer for what happened decades ago." She let out a deep sigh. "Do Bruce and Spencer really want this to keep going?"

********************​

Savannah didn't need to tell him that Moretti was a sick individual - he knew. Even from the first day they met, he could tell something was off. However, it had been Kerry telling him her story that solidified the thought that something wasn't right about the man. Sure, he may not have been the one to do anything to the woman but allowing his men to make him just as guilty. "Yeah, I know," he said, "We're... We're working that out, okay? So don't go thinkin' that I approve of what he did to go and get Callum. Don't think I approve of what he did to you." His eyes drifted toward where her wound seemed to be. "I might act like I don't give a shit about what happens to you when you piss me off, but the fact is I do." Taking in a sharp breath he shook his head, looking back up at her. "You're Callum's mom, for fuckssake."

As Savannah explained to him her reasoning for taking Callum away to Corfu, Alex began to grow frustrated. He was forgetting that in the past Alex was a huge dick and would do anything to make sure he got his way. If that meant suing Savannah for custody then so be it. The tears in her eyes seemed to calm him down. Their visit wasn't meant to be about playing the blame game and as much as Alex wanted to do so, he was trying to be the bigger person. After taking a deep breath he nodded. "Okay, yeah, I'll admit. Shitty move. But what guarantee did I have that your fuckin' Uncle wouldn't start poisoning you against me? You're not the only person who wanted to protect themselves, Savannah." He then watched as she wiped the tears from her eyes and sighed. The last thing he wanted was for this conversation to turn into a blame game.

Both of them seemed to come to an understanding; neither one would be able to live without Callum. However, she was right. With the war between their families, neither side seemed safe and something needed to be done. This war had been started because of them; because of Callum and they needed to be the ones to end it. His eyes met hers and it was at that moment that he realized the two of them were finally on the same page. The truth was he'd been over the bullshit since the last attack. Seeing Spencer all banged up, Harper fighting for her life, and even Billy injured had been enough for him. MORE than enough for him. He was exhausted from the back and forth and honestly did want it to end. Callum and Savannah's life hanging in the balance had truly been the cherry on top. "I do want this to end. I'm losing my hair," he joked, trying to lighten the mood. When she mentioned Moretti again, however, he paused. The smile on his face wavered at the thought. Had Moretti really been using his family this whole time? He would bring it up to Spencer and Bruce later, but for the time being he was focusing on his own family.

"No," he finally replied, scratching the back of his head. "I can't imagine they do. A lot of shit's been happening." He was aware that she wouldn't understand what he meant with Harper and he had no intentions of telling her right then either. "Too much has been happening and we need a goddamn break, Sav." He broke his gaze from her and looked at Callum - surprised his attention still remained between the fish and his plushie. "Callum can't lose any family members from either side. He wouldn't understand and he deserves better," he paused, looking down at her again. "From both of us, don't you think?"

********************​

Savannah was at least a little reassured to hear that the Kings were working on severing their ties with the Morettis. She nodded in understanding when Alex told her not to think he approved of the way Callum had been taken from Corfu and of her being shot. She unconsciously placed her hand to stomach where the dressed wound was concealed beneath her clothing. She sucked in a deep breath when he said he gave a shit about her despite acting like he didn't. "I care about you too, Alex. When I heard about the nightclub explosion, I was sickened and terrified that you, Callum's father, could have been killed," she assured him.

There was a moment when Savannah thought they were going to go round in circles, with more arguing and throwing the blame around. Alex argued that he'd had no guarantee Conor wouldn't poison her against him and so it suggested to her that starting custody proceedings was the solution Alex had found. Thankfully, their conversation got back on track and they seemed to be finding themselves on the same page. She softly smiled at his joke about wanting it to end because he was losing his hair. "I did wonder what was different about you," she softly played along.

"I agree. We all need a break now. This needs to stop for all of our sakes," she told him. Although she didn't know what exactly he was referring to when he said a lot of shit had been happening, Savannah figured Alex was referring to the latest attacks from her family or something involving their business in London. Then he followed by saying Callum couldn't lose anyone else, to which Savannah couldn't agree more. "You're right. He needs both of us, but he also needs the rest of our families. His grandparents, aunts, uncles... and his little cousins," she spoke fondly. "He does deserve better. I never wanted to fall out with any of you. I hate how things went down with Spencer and me, that he ended up getting hurt. There was always business involved amongst everything, but I just miss when things were better. I was friends with Shona and Harper... I know we probably can't go back to that, but I want to do everything I can to get both of our families to be civil again. We need to get them to see reason and to have some kind of productive meeting. Conor, Syd, Bruce, Spencer... all of them." she suggested, putting forward those calling most of the shots in their war.

Callum had eventually seen enough of the fish and returned to where his parents were, hopping up onto the sofa. "Are we staying at this hotel tonight, Daddy?" Callum curiously asked Alex. "Can't Kerry come too?"

Savannah had suggested and hoped Alex would book himself a room at the hotel. Certain he wouldn't let Callum return to Dublin with her, she at least want to spend as much time as she could with her son during the visit. Even before she heard Alex's answer to Callum, her attention had stuck on the boy asking about Kerry. She looked to Alex with an inquiring gaze. It hadn't been the first time she'd heard mention of Alex and Kerry spending time together. She wasn't sure how it could have happened, but she figured it wasn't something he was obliged to tell her. "Kerry?" she asked, looking Alex in the eyes. "She's a good person, and deserves to be happy. Please don't... You know... Please be good to her," she softly asked.

********************​

Alex gave her a playful look as she responded to his joke, shaking his head. "I happen to like the shaved head look, don't you?" The two of them reaching the same conclusion was... Nice? Relieving, actually. The past couple of times the two of them interacted it had been cold or ended up in an argument, but this time felt different. It felt like they were moving past their issues; for the sake of their families and for Callum. And with that thought in mind, something told Alex there was something he needed to apologize for. He visibly hesitated, unsure of how she would receive what he wanted to say. In the end, he decided to wait. She explained her own regrets and desires for Callum to grow up with both families and he nodded in agreement.

When she got to talking about the past he now felt he couldn't hold his words back anymore. His conscience had got the better of him and he knew it was the right thing to do. "I'm sorry about that, you know," he said, avoiding her gaze. "I fucked up; I know that now and I'm so sorry. You didn't deserve any of it and had I gotten out of my own way we wouldn't be here right now." He then looked at her - nothing but genuine regret in his eyes. "I never wanted to hurt you and fuck up what we had." Though he knew there was no way the two of them would get back together, he did want to make up with Savannah. "You don't have to forgive me I just-... I wanna make amends, is all. If not for us then at the very least for Callum?" Apologizing was never one of Alex's strong suits yet he found himself doing it a lot lately. AND being sincere about it for once. He was silent for a moment before clearing his throat and scratching the back of his neck.

"Erm, uh. They... Miss you too, by the way. Harper- Harper really chewed my ass about you the other day," he briefly thought about what she'd gone through and what she said to him the night of the incident. "I think... I think she'd like it if you'd call. I know it might be a bit much to ask to visit so soon, but I know she misses you. Shona too." Alex thought it would make his sister feel better while she was in the hospital; though Alex figured he'd need to work out a way for the two of them to even talk. "I agree. I'll talk to Spence and Bruce when-," he cut himself off, Callum walking up and interrupting their conversation. His attention turned to him, he asked what he needed.

The moment his son mentioned Kerry Alex closed his eyes. It wasn't that he wanted to keep Kerry a secret; he just didn't know how to tell his ex he was dating her former best friend... Or if he even should. When he opened them he looked down at Callum and gave him a forced smile. "Er, yeah, buddy, we're staying here. We'll check in in a minute and we already talked about this; Kerry has er, things to do," he lied. Truth was, he was sure Kerry coming along would be awkward. For the sake of offering to offer he told her where they'd be staying but he wasn't counting on her showing up. His eyes met Sav's and he could tell she was curious. He gave her a sheepish smile when she said her name. "She rejected me first if that means anything," he said, once again trying to lighten things up. Once he saw the soft look in her eyes he grew serious and nodded. "Things are different now, Savannah; I'm different. And she's helped with that." Alex didn't want to make her upset by going into details, so he left things vague.

"What are we doing about Callum," he asked, wanting to change the subject. "In terms of what's next, of course. I don't wanna keep him from you but... The kid has become my everything, Sav. H-How do we make this work?"

********************​

Savannah was taken by surprise when Alex apologised for what had happened. In the years since he'd cheated on her, Savannah had never had an apology from the man. There had been no words from him to suggest he believed he'd been in the wrong and no validation for her feelings of being hurt by his actions. She slowly nodded as she processed his apology and that he was taking responsibility for his part in their relationship breaking down. When she looked to his face and studied his eyes, she could tell he was being genuine and not just apologising for the sake of peace. "Thank you... Um... It means a lot to hear you say it," she told him. "It did hurt me, but what made it worse was that you didn't care about that." She faintly smiled as she spoke about at least making amends for Callum's sake. "I want to make amends too, and... I forgive you," she told him, feeling like she could finally let it go now Alex had owned his mistakes.

Savannah sent Alex a sad smile when he said Harper and Shona missed her. She hated that she hadn't been able to hold on to her friendships in London and that she hadn't been there for Eddie's birth, despite being around the Kings for almost all of Shona's pregnancy. "I would love it if I could call Harper," she agreed. She briefly thought of how her last conversations with Spencer had been unpleasant ones, but she believed Shona wouldn't hold it against her or take sides, so to speak. "And Shona too. I miss both of them," she said of the ladies in question.

When Alex spoke openly about Kerry, Savannah flashed an amused smile when he said Kerry had rejected him at first. She could be annoyed with Kerry for cutting her off and then dating her ex, but Savannah was fed up of bitter and negative sentiments being thrown around. She knew Kerry had been put in a difficult position where she likely felt she had to pick a side, and that side had been the Kings. As for the woman choosing to date Alex, Savannah trusted Kerry knew her own mind and knew what she was doing. "Kerry's a good person and she's got her head screwed on. So if she wants to be with you then I know she sees you're different too. I'm glad she's been able to help you," she encouraged him.

With the question of what to do about Callum, Savannah diverted her gaze towards the floor. Both of them wanted their son with them, but neither of them felt safe in each others' home cities. She didn't believe Alex would ever be comfortable moving to Dublin. In an ideal world, she would feel safe in London and Danny would be happy to move there with her. He'd been willing to leave everything behind to join her in Corfu, after all. As it stood, she didn't believe London was safe for her and Danny. "I... I don't know," she admitted, looking up to Alex. "We have a year before Callum starts school and if him travelling between our homes so often is difficult now, it'll be even harder when he has to go to a school. I left Dublin behind to go to Corfu, so I'm willing to do it again for London, but..." She nervously bit her lip as she subtly moved her hand over her wounded abdomen. "Our families needs to end this war so I can feel comfortable in London. They all need to get on the same page," she said, referring to Bruce, Spencer, Conor, and the others driving the war. "They're the ones getting in our way now."

The Royal Taphouse
~Bethnal Green, London~
20th September 1985

Alexander King

1670807307741.pngThe days after May's rescue had been stressful. Between making sure his new sister was okay to wondering about Harper, Alex had lost a bit of sleep. A couple of days ago he'd snuck off to Liverpool with Callum so Savannah would be able to see him. They'd also discussed a few other things and Alex had come to his own conclusion; he needed to end the bullshit between the two families. He knew that Spencer was probably pissed with him for having snuck off, but he thought it to be the proper thing to do. He was letting the man calm down before he brought his thoughts and ideas to him. In the meantime, he had decided to call up his younger brother and invite him out for drinks. There were things he wanted to say to him and after the warehouse situation, he didn't want to waste any more time.

Alex sat at the bar of his family's pub, rapping his knuckles against the bar. He was already two shots in and currently nursing a pint while waiting. The man had been nervous, to say the least. He'd made a promise to protect his younger siblings and to be there for them every day. As he got older, however, he'd forgotten much of that promise and he felt like he failed to protect them. With Billy getting hurt more than the man would have liked - all because of him, he felt - he felt like he owed him an apology. None of it should have happened. If anyone should have been hurt it was definitely him and yet he'd managed to come out unscathed at every turn. It didn't sit right with him. He felt he needed to apologize to him and promise that he would continue to be better; to do better. The man wanted to fix his relationship with his brother and get into trouble like they used to.

"Date stand you up," the bartender asked. Alex looked up at the man, a smile on his face. "Pfft, he better not have. I know where the cheeky little bloke lives," he joked. The bartender then stared at him, confused. "But, I thought you were with that Kerry girl?" Alex shared the man's confusion before realizing the man didn't know he was meeting Billy. "Oh for fucks- no, Colton, Billy. I'm meeting Billy here. My brother?" The bartender then nodded his head suddenly embarrassed at how silly he must've looked just then. "That makes more sense." A silence then settled between the two of them before Alex shook his head. Luckily another patron flagged him down and he was left alone once more waiting on Billy to show up.

Billy King

1670807376825.pngThroughout his educational and professional career, Billy had always been able to handle a heavy workload. He thrived off it, in fact, convinced that a busy schedule was what kept his energy levels high and his mind sharp. But now, the load he was carrying was of a different kind. It wasn’t productive - on the contrary, it slowed him down, this huge weight on his shoulders. Anxiety pulled at him from all different directions - Harper’s mental health and his relationship with her, Spencer’s injuries, Alex’s injuries, May’s fresh trauma of being held captive, the looming threat of the Sullivans making a move to reclaim Callum or punish them for what had happened to Savannah. He was worrying about everyone and it kept him up at night until his head hurt.

At least he had seen Harper now. It was horrible to imagine her shut away in a mental institution away from her home, but he was doing his best to accept that it was the best option for her. With May now home safe, Harper in professional care and Alex in a stable condition, Billy was trying to let his mind rest, spending time relaxing at home with Erik, whose presence always calmed him. But when he got a call from Alex inviting him out for a drink, his mind went back into overdrive.

Besides all the worrying about everyone’s health, there was one other thing sitting at the back of Billy’s mind, and that was the fact that he still hadn’t come out to his brother. He was well practised at denying who he really was, but since almost everyone in his close circle knew by now, it made hanging out with Alex more uncomfortable in comparison. After the man's teasing remark outside the warehouse about Erik being his boyfriend, Billy realised that he needed to tell him and soon. He wanted to do it on his own terms, though, and since Alex had been the one to arrange a meet up it didn't sound like the best opportunity.

Keen to know what his brother wanted and if he was doing okay, Billy accepted his invitation to the pub. He cheerfully greeted the regulars as he walked in, but didn't stop to chat - Alex was already waiting for him at the bar. "He lives!" Billy called out to him with a smile, and when he reached him he gave his arm a friendly squeeze and sat himself on the barstool. "Cheers for the drink, ya' tosser," he teased, before ordering his usual pint of London Pride from Colton. While he waited, he turned back to his brother and took a better look at him. He definitely looked better than he had a few days ago. "You alright, bruv'?" he asked in a more hushed tone. "Kinda surprised to see you up and about already."

Alexander King

1670807661059.pngAlex's head turned at the sound of Billy's voice, careful not to upset the healing wound in his abdomen. Really he should've been at home resting; the last thing he should be doing was drinking at a bar but Alex was as hardheaded as they came. He didn't like the idea of sitting on his ass when there was shit to take care of. Sure, he could've waited to have this conversation with Billy another time but he didn't want to. If what Harper and Spencer and Billy and even Bruce had gone through had taught him anything it's that life was too short. It could be taken away from you in the blink of an eye and Alex didn't want to waste what precious time he had left. Billy needed to know, he told himself, how sorry he was. The soft squeeze his brother gave him had him refocusing on the man, a smile creasing his lips. "Pfft, we're Kings, Billy. Nothin' can take out a King." He nodded his head and took a sip from his mug while Billy got comfortable.

He then turned his whole body to face him; angling his body too much for the stitches Cas had put in a few days prior. Billy asked if he were alright and expressed his surprise at him moving around. Alex just shrugged. "Think I've done enough layin' around to last me around, wouldn't you say?" It was no secret Alex's desire to step up and claim more responsibility when it came to not just his role in the business, but his family. He'd slept and drank and done drugs and fucked those responsibilities away; it was time for him to actually be a man and step up. Alex waved off his younger brother's concerns and nodded his head. "Anyway, I didn't ask you to meet me here so you can nag me, alright," he teased. For a moment he was silent trying to find his words and when he found them his face grew solemn. "I've been a shit brother, haven't I?" It was more of a rhetorical question as if he were declaring it to him. He let out a heavy sigh and shook his head. "I made a promise, you know. To mom? Before she died."

Alex's leg began to move up and down in thought as he continued. "To protect you an' Harper. Make sure nothin' bad ever happened to you and yet," he said, gesturing his hand over Billy's body. "I wasn't there. I was never there, Billy, and I-... I wanna apologize for it." His voice was serious, as was the look on his face. "I wanna apologize for everything. You get what I'm sayin'?"

Billy King

1670807737105.pngBilly had to smirk at his brother’s cocky attitude. They had all had close shaves with death, now, and even though he knew they weren’t invincible, it certainly looked that way. The amusement on his face was replaced by a grimace as he watched Alex turn in his seat, his awkward movements suggesting that his stitches were being pulled. He couldn’t help but sigh when the man said he had done enough laying about. “Well, this ain’t the way to make up for that,” Billy gently argued. “We ain’t exactly out workin’ tonight anyway, are we? I coulda’ just come to yours.”

It became clear that there was no point pressing him, as Alex waved off his concerns. Billy quickly got the impression that he hadn’t called him out to the pub just to hang out, so he took a sip of his beer and watched patiently as his brother figured out what to say next. He had a feeling it would be something serious just based on everything that had happened in recent weeks - but hearing that he thought himself a shit brother took him by surprise.

“What?” he said with a frown, placing his pint glass back down. Alex elaborated slightly, bringing up their mother and a promise he had made to her before she had passed away, that he would protect his younger siblings. He gestured to Billy’s injuries and began to apologise for not being there to protect him. “Alex, stop, okay?” he said, extending a hand in protest. He let it come to rest on Alex’s arm and made him look him in the eye. “Alex, mate, this ain’t your fault. We all know the risks…What happened to me ain’t got nothin’ to do with you. Besides…the way I see it, you’ve always been here.”

The mention of their mother had caught him off guard; it wasn’t often that they talked about her, so he had no real idea of how often anyone thought about her. For him to be thinking such things, she must have been on his mind lately. “After that night in Dublin, when we were on the ferry home,” he brought up, keeping his voice low. “You came and found me, and you sat with me. That’s what bein’ there means, mate. As much as I wish I coulda’ been standin’ in front of you when they fired that gun, or switched places with Harper before that beam fell, or been the one headin’ into that corner shop while Spencer stayed in the car…We can’t choose where we are when shit happens.”

He leaned forward slightly, looking deep into his brother’s eyes and hoping he was getting through to him. “If we can ever prevent each other gettin’ hurt, then great,” he said. “But this ain’t an ideal world, Alex, and I hate to say it but that promise you made mum ain’t realistic. Bad things are always gonna happen - even if we weren’t in this business, life’s still full of pain and heartbreak and sickness and death.” He gave a lopsided shrug and sent his brother a reassuring smile. “It’s okay, mate,” he said. “I don’t need your apology. You’re a great brother, and I love you.”

Alexander King

1670807680678.pngAlex hadn't exactly expected Billy to try and protest his apology. In fact, he thought the man would be all for it! He and Billy seemed to seldom get along when they were growing up, so it was only natural for him to think he'd be happy about his apology. When he told him he had always been there Alex had to choke back tears. He let Billy finish before shaking his head with a sad smile. "No, no you're wrong. You're wrong, kid, and here's why," he stated, using his hands to speak. "Cause and effect, right? Everything that's happened; Spencer gettin' beat up numerous times and nearly killed. The- the nightclub bein' blown up and Harper and Erik and Darce gettin' hurt'. You gettin' hurt. Had I not cheated on Sav, Billy. Had I treated her better then Sullivan would've never had a crutch to use as a way to sever ties with our family," he paused, shaking his head. "And none of you would have ever gotten hurt. You see now?" He paused to drink from his mug before Billy expressed that the man had been there for him before. He slightly tilted his head to the side as he thought about it.

"No, I'm not talkin' recent, Billy, you know that. Come on." He waved his hand at him again willing him to think deeper. "I'm talkin' growin' up. When I would always run away at the slightest bit of controversy or when things got rough, Billy. So don't say I was always there because the truth of the matter is I weren't." Billy wasn't the first of his siblings to break that facade of his where he believed he was way worse than he actually was. Sure, there were plenty of things he could've done better but he was human after all. Alex seemed to hold himself to such impossible standards that he had forgotten that small, important fact. Instead, he'd taken it completely to heart. "Yeah, I know," he said in regards to not always being able to be where they wanted. "I just... If I can I want to always be there, you understand?" Alex would be lying if he said what happened to Harper hadn't replayed in his mind. He felt like he failed her, too and though she continued to reassure him he hadn't, he would forever believe he had.

Billy told him the promise he made Laura hadn't been realistic and for a moment he just stared; like a child who'd just been told Santa was bullshit. "But I-," he started, only to cut himself off. What did that mean going forward? What was his job then as an older brother? What did his purpose become? The confusion of this was clear in his eyes as he stared at Billy. It was only when the man told him he was a great older brother and that he loved him that Alex blinked that confusion away. He softly smiled at him willing his emotions to stay in check and not overwhelm him. "You goin' soft on me, Billy? I'm telling you that Erik kid is a bad influence," he teased before he nodded. "I love you too, Billy. And while I don't believe you when you say I weren't a shit brother, I do appreciate you sayin' so. I'm gonna be better, I swear it."

Billy King

1670807754852.pngThroughout all the pain and suffering his family had gone through, Billy had never explicitly blamed his brother for what had transpired. He condemned the cheating, would never lie about how he felt about it, but Alex was still his brother. "Okay, fine," he relented. "Maybe you shoulda' thought about the potential consequences before goin' and cheatin' on Savannah. But no one's pointin' fingers here, not on this side. Who coulda' known that all this shit would happen?" Listening to his brother vocalise his guilt was the first time Billy realised how much it was really weighing on him. He was sure he would have ended up feeling the same way had it been him in that position, and so was glad that Alex was now sharing his burdens with him rather than carrying them on his own. "Look, mate," Billy said, reaching out to squeeze his brother's arm again. "I get it, it's hard to stop dwelling on past mistakes. We all have regrets, some that haunt us…but please, I swear to you we ain't pinnin' none of this shit on you. We're on the same side."

Alex still seemed disturbed by his past behaviour and willed Billy to cast his mind back further, to when they were growing up. He didn't realise the man was so insecure about the sort of person he had been, always running away from conflict and not being around to support his siblings. "Yeah, but I didn't need you to be," Billy gently assured him. "I mean, it ain't like I was some troubled kid. And if I had a problem or whatever, I had my choice of who to go to about it: Harper, Bruce, Spencer, Darcey, my mates. I didn't mind that you'd be off doin' your own thing." He leaned back and took another drink of his pint. "You get under my fuckin' skin sometimes, but only in the ways brothers do," he said with a grin. "It's not like the way you were back then has affected how we are now. I mean, look at us now, talkin' all personal and shit!"

He wanted Alex to believe in his words, but even as he was saying them he realised that it wasn't quite true. Even though he hadn't managed to tell Bruce and Spencer about his sexuality and his relationship with Erik before they had found him out, Alex had still ended up being the last of his siblings to know. And Billy hadn't even got so far as making plans to tell him. What did that say about their relationship? Where did they comfortably sit with each other?

Somewhere between being open with each other and actually saying 'I love you', it turned out. Such words were so rarely said aloud that they left a funny taste in Billy’s mouth, and he took a long drink of his beer to wash it down while Alex teased him about getting soft. There it was again, that mention of Erik having an influence on him. Part of him wondered if Alex did actually know and was just dropping hints to try and draw the truth out of him…but there was another part that worried his teasing was genuine, and that he would only laugh in his face if he came out to him. Still, while Alex was assuring him that he was going to be a better brother, he figured that now was a better time than ever to test him on it.

“Oi, Colt, could you pour us some shots of the good stuff?” he ordered, gesturing at a bottle of tequila on the wall. “Um. Two each?”

While Colton set about preparing their drinks, Billy turned to face Alex again. "You really wanna be there for me?" he asked, his voice turning quiet and serious. He felt the anxiety creep in as it had before with Harper, infecting his whole body. His hand was wrapped tightly around the pint glass on the bar top, squeezing it to stop himself from fidgeting. Colton soon handed them their shots and Billy briefly raised his first one to his brother before downing them both consecutively. It wasn’t too late to back out - he could still move on to talk about something else…But after a moment of wrestling with the idea, and with the sting of alcohol distracting him from the tightness in his chest, Billy stood up from his bar stool. "Come to the function room a minute," he uttered. "I've, um…got somethin' I wanna tell ya'."

Leaning over the bar to refill his pint, Billy then took it with him and led Alex into the function room. He shut the door behind them, closing them into a private space and placed his drink down on the table. Away from all the noise, his thoughts and worries only grew louder. What if he laughed? What if he didn’t support it, or called him disgusting? What if Billy couldn’t be with Erik while Alex was there? What if…he had to choose between Erik and his brother?

“S…sit down,” he told him, but he made no move to sit down himself, instead moving behind one of the armchairs and starting to pace. He took some deep breaths, willing the lump forming in his throat to go down, and then finally placed his hands on the back of the armchair and looked over at his brother. “Okay,” he said. “Alex…this is really important to me. Probably the most important thing I’ll ever tell you. So before you react, I just want you to…make sure you really mean what you say. Okay?” He squeezed the chair he was leaning against to stop his hands from trembling, his fingernails digging into the worn leather. “I’m…I’m…” Tears came to his eyes before he could stop them. “I’m gay.”

His breath hitched and he held it as he watched his brother’s face for a reaction. “A-and Erik is, too,” he forced out, a tear spilling down his cheek. “And…well, we’re…together.”

Alexander King

1670807692064.pngBilly was now the second person to reassure him that nothing that had happened was directly his fault. Sure, he shouldn't have cheated on Savannah - a sentiment he now shared with all of his family members - but Billy was right. How did any of them know that Sullivan would use their relationship as a crutch? As a reason to break things off with the Kings and try and take them out? Alex then nodded his head in understanding. A lot of weight was continuing to fall off his shoulders. For the first time in his life he felt like things were going to start looking up; so long as he kept it up and didn't mess around. But after everything that had transpired the past couple of months - attacks, setbacks, and even his blossoming relationship with Kerry - he wanted to make sure that he absolutely did. As Billy went on to explain that he didn't need him growing up Alex sat up in his seat.

No one had ever explicitly told him that he had to be around constantly for his siblings, it was something he'd picked up. TV shows and movies and conversations with his friends and how they treated their siblings. Even Spencer and watching how he interacted with himself and the others had influenced his views. But here Billy was telling him he didn't need him to be around. That all the stress and guilt he'd felt for so long had been unnecessary in the long run. He let out an amused chuckle, shaking his head. "Wow Billy," he said, clearly amused as his index finger rubbed against his upper lip. "I just-," he paused, trying to find his words, laughing at himself. "I never thought we'd be here. And I think it's a good place to be," he said in response to the excitement he showed in how personal their conversation had gotten.

The atmosphere between them then sort of shifted. It took Alex a moment to pick up on it but once he had he tilted his head in concern. "Emotions gettin' to ya," he teased, though his question had been sincere. There was another brief moment of silence and Alex started to worry. Billy was clearly uncomfortable and it seemed like there was something he wanted to get off his chest. It must have been something important considering the number of shots he'd just ordered. As soon as they came Billy knocked them back and Alex continued to watch. Something in his chest began to ache seeing Billy's demeanor change so quickly. It was not knowing what it was that was messing with his head just then as he thought about what it could have been. Finally, he asked him into a more private room to which Alex quickly obliged.

With his two shots balanced between his fingers and his mug in his other hand, he followed behind his brother. Once inside the room, Alex finally managed to speak up. "Alright, you're scaring me now. What's going on? What did I say?" He was worried he'd gone and said something to set his brother off and ruined the moment they were having. Alex set the shot glasses and his mug down on the table watching as Billy paced and fidgeted around. He opened his mouth once more only to close it when Billy made it clear what he was about to say was important. Alex nodded his head in understanding and stared at the man across from him. "Of course," he muttered, waiting for him to tell him what had been on his mind.

Not only was Alex not expecting the tears, but he wasn't expecting him to say he was gay. At first, Alex just raised his eyebrows, "Hm," he asked as if he hadn't heard. But he'd heard him very clearly. His brain, however, was taking a moment to process his words and Billy just kept going. Erik was also gay, he told him, which was even more shocking because he'd seen the man flirting and dancing with women. Though, now that he thought about it, he'd never actually sealed the deal or taken any of them home; that he'd seen, of course. The cherry on top had been the fact that the two of them were dating - meaning his earlier teasing comments about the two of them being boyfriends may have rubbed his brother the wrong way.

Realizing he was staring wide-eyed at his brother and should say something, Alex opened his mouth. Only no words came out. He lifted a finger to his brother as he knocked back to two shots. When that didn't help he picked up his mug and downed what remained before setting it down. "Let me get this straight," he said, eyes narrowed from not letting his drinks settle. "Okay, so," Alex scratched his head. "Right so you're... G-Gay. Like, like men and not women sort of gay? And so is Erik? But he's not- you're not-," he tried to gesture with his hands as flamboyantly as possible. He didn't know any gay men - well, he did now - and the ones he had seen were very obviously gay. Erik was more... Macho, Alex thought, and Billy was... Well, Billy was sensitive but he wasn't flamboyant. "I'm processing here, just-," he sighed, eyebrows now raised in amusement as he tried to figure out in his head how it worked. When he looked back up at his brother he noticed the tears and he stood up.

"Aw, shit, Billy, you don't have to cry!" He stood up and quickly made his way over. "It's great you an' Erik are together," it sounded so weird coming out of his mouth but Alex was trying to make Billy feel better. "Explains a lot, actually. Anyway, hey. I still love you, okay? You're my baby brother; who cares who you fuck?" He paused, a confused look on his face. "Or... Do you- does he-..." Blinking away the confusion he placed his hands on his shoulders and shook his head. "Nevermind, I don't wanna know. Listen, it's okay. We're okay, yeah?"

Billy King

1670807775477.pngAs he stood waiting in trepidation for his brother's response, Billy had to remind himself that the other reactions he had had had been supportive. Even if Alex didn't accept him or took some time to come around to the fact, he at least knew he had Spencer, Bruce, Harper and Jeremy in his corner. Harper had even mentioned it in her note, how proud she was of him and how happy she was for him and Erik. There was no way he was going to leave Erik or retreat back into the closet, even if Alex turned on them and tried to slander their names.

That idea was far-fetched, of course. Annoying as he could be, Alex had never been a malicious person, especially not to him. It wasn't going to be that bad. At least the silence suggested that he was doing as Billy asked and taking time to think carefully about his response so he didn't say something he didn't mean.

Billy could only stare at his brother as the man drained both shots of tequila and the rest of his other drink. It was clearly something he wanted to be drunk to process, and even though he had needed the same in order to gather the courage to come out, it still made him self conscious to watch his brother struggle to react. Gripping tightly onto the back of the armchair he stood behind, he bit down on his lip and let Alex get his words out. At first Billy just nodded along, too choked up to answer his questions properly, but when the man started doing little flamboyant gestures with his hand, Billy broke into tearful laughter. "No!" he said. "I'm still me. Erik's still Erik. I…I just have a lot to explore."

His voice grew faint as his emotions caught up to him and he turned away, digging the palm of his hand into his eyes in an attempt to block the tears. It was hard to navigate such a huge step forward. There was so much in life that he had previously denied himself, so much that Billy wasn't confident he even knew who he was anymore. Maybe he would have turned out differently if he hadn't spent his whole life trying to shape himself into a straight man. Maybe parts of him would change, now that he was finally making steps to free himself.

There was no way he could pretend he wasn't crying, now, so he was almost relieved when Alex drew attention to it and came over to him. Still, he worked hard to rein it in, not wanting to make a bigger deal out of it than it was. Alex's words weren't making it easy, either - but not because they were hurtful. Billy was just overwhelmed and moved to hear such a positive reaction from his brother - from all of his family, in fact. "I wasted so much time tryna' be someone else 'cause I thought you'd all look down on me," he admitted, barely audible through the strained breaths. But he had started to smile already, and when Alex blundered his way through questioning what position he took during sex, Billy burst out laughing and gave his brother a hard but playful shove. "Shut up, ya' big twat!"

Still smiling, Billy sniffed and dried his eyes on his sleeve. "Yeah, we're okay," he said softly. "That's all I needed. Not an apology…just your support. So, thank you." He stood back and looked up at his brother with a smile. He felt a million times lighter. "And you've got mine, too. So, yeah, we're good. We're great."

Drawing another deep inhale, Billy looked around the room, the atmosphere so much brighter than it had been a minute ago. "Now please, can we take this to your place before you tear those stitches?" he asked, gesturing at Alex's injury. "I've had enough of medics and hospitals to last me a lifetime."

Chapter 19: The Grim Reaper
Thursday 31st October 1985
...Six weeks later...
Dublin: Evening - Cold, Dry, Clear Skies
London: Evening - Cold, Dry, Cloudy

1670807924791.png

The Windsor Hotel Ballroom
~ Dublin City Centre, Dublin ~
Savannah Callahan
(Supergirl)

1670807972978.png
1670808007067.png
Since the meeting with Alex a few weeks ago, Savannah had started to feel more hopeful about everything. She wanted their families to stop their war so the violence and hurting could be brought to an end. On a selfish level, she wanted to be able to see Callum whenever she wanted and for him to have a safer childhood than the one she had been exposed to growing up. Both she and Alex had agreed to reach out to the respective families to urge them towards a peaceful resolution. Since then, there had been discussions and plans were being considered for Conor and Syd to meet with Bruce and Spencer to have a civilised discussion - one she believe she and Alex should also be present for. For now, she was having to settle for arranged meetings with Alex so she could spend time with Callum, at least until it was safe enough for more permanent arrangements to be made, which she knew could mean her moving back to London. If it secured Callum's happiness and her relationship with the Kings was fixed, then she would do it.

Physically, she was now recovered from the gunshot wounds in her leg and abdomen, even if the scars were still finishing healing up. Following the attack and having Callum taken away from her, Savannah had been the closest she'd ever been to giving up. With her son gone; the niggling concerns that she would never be allowed happiness with Danny; and the constant dangers her family were in, there had been moments when she wanted to just give up completely. She had felt completely hopeless.

Alex letting her see Callum had helped overturn that, but there was another man in her life who had also reminded her that she had a lot to live for. Over the last few weeks, she had been spending a lot of time with Danny and their relationship had become official, with their family and friends fully aware they were back together. Savannah felt more in love with Danny this time around than when they had first dated 13 years ago. He made her heart feel complete and she couldn't help but smile whenever they were together. Hell, even just thinking about him brought a twinkle to her eyes. For the first time in a long time, she had hope. She was confident that she could not only be with her son but she was also allowed to be happy - in a relationship with someone who loved her in return.

Given her high spirits, she was excited about the Halloween party and being able to wear fancy dress. Her first choice for a costume had been to dress as Cinderella, but when she'd put the idea forward to Callum, the boy scoffed at the idea and said it was boring. Instead, the boy had asked her to be Supergirl because she was apparently cool on account of her hanging out it with Batman. The conversation had escalated to the point where Callum had also demanded Danny had to dress as Batman. In the end, Savannah agreed and given that she quite liked Supergirl's costume, she was completely fine with not being a princess this time.

Savannah was running late for the party as she had been having one of those days where her hair hadn't been playing nice, to the point where she had been getting frustrated with it. Granted, part of it was more the fact she was feeling a little self-conscious once she'd realised how short her costume's skirt was. Eventually, she was fully ready and happy with how she looked. Finding Danny, who was no doubt waiting patiently in her living room, she stood in the doorway with her arms outstretched. "Ta-daaa!" she said, her cheeks turning a bright shade of red to almost match her cape as she awaited his reaction. "Well, I never thought about it before, but... Batman is pretty hot, isn't he?" she flirted, looking over at Danny's own Halloween costume. "We have to make she we have our picture taken during this party. Callum requires evidence we went through with this," she informed him, with a small laugh.

When they got to the hotel, Savannah stepped out of the car, immediately folding her arms tightly around her waist as the cold weather hit her. "Jeeez..." she shivered, suddenly regretting how much of her bare legs were exposed to the chill. She was quick to link her arm with Danny's so she could steal some of his heat as they walked to the main entrance. Before they stepped inside, Savannah stopped and pulled Danny to one side. Placing her hands on his chest, she leaned in to give him a passionate kiss. "I love you, Batman," she said, flashing him a playful smile. She then reached down to take his hand as they entered the large ballroom. With lots of her family and friends around, she wasn't sure how much opportunity she would have to spend one-on-one time with Danny, so she wanted to get it out of her system while she could.

Savannah soon sighted Braden and Amy inside, so along with Danny she made a beeline towards them. She gave her brother a hug before looking over at his Star Trek themed costume. She knew plenty about Star Wars by now, but not so much when it came to Star Trek. "You look good... Spock?" she asked, knowing even as she said the name that she was wrong, but it was the first character that came to mind. She then turned to Amy and warmly smiled at her. With so much going on in her personal life, Savannah hadn't had chance to properly meet or speak to Amy, but Sinead had gushed enough about the woman. "You make a great Madonna," she complimented her. "You must be Amy. I'm Savannah - Brady's favourite sister. Well, his favourite sibling, if we're going to be honest," she joked, playfully nudging Braden's arm. "And this here is Danny. At least, that's what he goes by when he's not out fighting crime," she said, introducing Amy to her boyfriend.

Pyroclast Pyroclast (Danny) BasDorcha BasDorcha (Amy) Bellz Bellz (Braden)

Gabriel Moretti
(The Grim Reaper)

1670808039001.pngGabriel hadn't been impressed with the way his conversation with Bruce and Spencer had gone six weeks ago. Thankfully, Bruce had redeemed himself and they managed to finish on civil terms, with their business continuing. It was clear Spencer didn't like him, but the feeling was mutual with Gabriel having no respect for the thug. If he was to be blatantly honest, he would openly compare Spencer to the Sullivans - people all also lack discipline and manners. For now, Spencer wasn't a concern of Gabriel's. The time to deal with him would come and he would do what he could to have Bruce's heir removed from the Kings' business, one way or another. His first battle was the one with the Sullivans and he intended on resolving that one before he moved on to taking what he wanted from the Kings and London.

As agreed, Gabriel wasn't going to interfere with the Kings' war with the Sullivans, but that didn't mean he wouldn't be making the next move in his own war with the Irish. Having come to terms with the fact he couldn't rely on the Kings to destroy the Irish, Gabriel was intent on finishing things now. He wanted James Porter dead and after the cockroach had evaded death too many times, he wanted to make sure the job was done. Who better to do the job than himself? The trip to Dublin wasn't only to get revenge on the Irish, but also to test Ricky's loyalty. Gabriel was growing more suspicious about the man and his inability to take the Biancardi business back for himself. He was concerned he'd gone soft and was going to let Roxie keep the business. That was why on the way to Dublin, Gabriel had given Ricky the order to kill Roxie to prove himself, otherwise, he would take his inaction as disloyalty to the Morettis.

With Damian keeping a close eye on Ricky and Julia, Gabriel and Teddy had been hiding out in their own hotel suite until the time to act came. "What did you tell Valentina about this trip? Am I going to have her yelling at me when we get back? She's already been expressing her disapproval towards me for agreeing to send Erik off to live in London. I guarantee Ava would not have stuck around for much longer, not after she's already been eyeing up other men." Gabriel grumbled as he fastened his Grim Reaper cloak around his neck. The costume served as a disguise to blend into what Gabriel considered to be a childish party and it also concealed the firearms had had hidden on himself.

Turning to face Teddy, he looked his son-in-law's costume over. "I've ordered Damian to keep a close watch on Riccardo. If Riccardo fails to kill Roxanne, I want them both dead." He then cleared his throat. "As for Porter, we both get him alone and we waste no time in killing him. He's had long enough to think about his mistakes, so now I just want the bastard dead."

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Teddy)

***********​

Riccardo Biancardi and Damian Nicolosi
(Deathstroke and The Joker)

1670808062517.pngGabriel was known to be closed and he was known to throw situations at people with little to no warning. This time, however, Ricky was thrown completely off-guard and altogether left feeling a sense of paranoia, for no better choice of word. Without any explanation, Moretti had demanded Ricky and Julia pack some clothes. It was only when they were on the private plane, with Gabriel, Teddy, Damian, and various high-ranking Moretti soldiers that Gabriel offered some insight. It was soon revealed that they were heading to Dublin where they would be attacking the Sullivans. It soon became clear to Ricky that his role in the mission was some kind of loyalty test, without Gabriel explicitly saying it. Ricky's objective was to kill Roxie and prove not only to the Morettis but also to his own supporters within the Biancardis that his loyalties rested with them, not with the woman who "stole" his rightful position in the business. The revelation had given him a deep, sinking feeling, even if he managed to mask his apprehension. Ricky didn't want to kill his cousin and he wanted no part in the bloody attack the Morettis had planned on the Sullivans. The flight to Dublin had felt like an eternity with Ricky desperate to get some air and time away from the watchful eyes of the Morettis.

They checked into the hotel late last night, making sure they were able to scope out the interior and vantage points in advance, as well as making sure they were already comfortably inside the fancy hotel long before the party got started and any security guards on the doors could scrutinise them. Ricky had hoped to spend some time alone with Julia to express his concerns to her. Secretly, he'd also been itching to get to a telephone and find a way to warn the Sullivans. However, even if he was dumb enough to do so, with Moretti bound to know it was him who had wimped out, no such time could present itself. From the moment he and Julia were made to board the plane in New York, neither of them had been left alone for long enough for Ricky to do anything silly.

1670808080630.pngAlthough Damian was friends with Ricky and Julia, his orders had been to not let either of them leave the hotel suite which the three of them had been made to share. Damian had made a point of removing any phoneline cables from the handsets in the rooms, so they couldn't get any ideas about trying to warn anyone. Damian hoped the precautions were all needless and that his friend Ricky could be trusted to do what he should, but Gabriel's orders were never ones to be ignored.

Sat in the corner of the room, his legs casually crossed as he sat in his Joker costume reading the newspaper, Damian waited for Ricky and Julia to finish getting dressed in their costumes - or disguises - so they could join him for a briefing.

In the bedroom, with the door left open as instructed, Ricky stood looking at himself in the mirror as he checked out his comic-themed Deathstroke costume. Holding the mask in his hand, he turned to face Julia. "Does my gun look big in this?" he playfully asked her, but his face was etched with no humour. He didn't want to hurt his cousin again, even less so with the knowledge of his new born niece, but he wasn't sure how he was going to get out of it. Gabriel had made it clear if he didn't kill Roxie, someone else would do it anyway, and they would kill Ricky for his failure. "You look smokin' hot, Wanda," he told her beckoning her in close for a kiss.

Any moment was soon enough lost as Damian stopped in the bedroom doorway and made his presence known. "Ahhh, couples theme," he commented, but pointed between Ricky and himself. "Now, I know Deathstroke and The Joker should be focusing on killing The Batman, but don't forget your mission, Ricky. Kill Roxie, remember?" he told him, hoping his friend wasn't going to bottle it. Damian didn't like many people, but Ricky and Julia he was fond of. It would be a shame if by the end of the night he'd be given the order to kill either of them.

Bellz Bellz (Julia)

Alex King's House
~ Bethnal Green, London ~
Spencer King

1670808102151.pngIt had been six weeks since Spencer came to blows with Bruce on the subject of the Morettis and Trevor. Although Spencer hadn't really spoken with his uncle since and hadn't visited him on a personal level, he hadn't gone off the rails like the last time they fell out. Where business was concerned, Spencer was still going into the office at the Pharmaceutical company and still out doing his part for the criminal side of their business too. Other than formal civilities where work was concerned, Spencer was keeping his distance from Bruce. Whilst it crossed his mind he was being unreasonable, he then reminded himself of everything Trevor had done as well as how sick and untrustworthy he felt the Morettis were. He wasn't yet prepared to overlook his uncle giving Trevor and Gabriel more chances to screw their family over. Despite being upset with Bruce, Spencer was trying his best not to involve anyone else in their disagreement. If Shona wanted to take Eddie to see Bruce, then Spencer wasn't going to stop her - he just wouldn't be joining them.

Bruce wasn't the only one who Spencer was annoyed with where Trevor was concerned. Both Harper and May had been actively giving Trevor a chance - spending time with their father and even defending him on some occasions. He tried to overlook it, reminding himself that neither of his sisters had memories of what Trevor had been like. He was even open to understanding Billy could be sucked in too considering his brother had been too young to have real memories of their waste of space father. But Bruce and Alex, they knew what Trevor had been like and had real memories of how horrible life had been because of him. Memories of seeing Laura's lifeless body on the bed after she'd overdosed. Spencer remembered it clearly and seeing Trevor's face now he was back lingering around was a constant reminder of how much he wished the man would drop dead. He'd help Trevor along on that front, had he not been blackmailed into letting him stay in London.

A few weeks ago, Alex had spoke with Bruce and Spencer following a meet-up he'd had with Savannah. It was a surprise to hear that Alex and Savannah had managed to get on civil terms with each other, but given they all wanted what was best for Callum it wasn't hard to believe. The two of them wanted the Kings and Sullivans to end their war, proposing a meeting between the family heads to sit down and talk. Much to even his own surprise, Spencer wasn't completely averse to the idea. He was tired of the fighting as well. He was sick of his loved ones being hurt and fed up of having the Sullivans attacking him. When he put it into perspective, Spencer knew deep down that he would rather find peace and civility with the Sullivans than have to rely on the Morettis for defence against them. Of course, he wasn't sure if Bruce would share the exact sentiment. Still, Spencer had told Alex he was on board with arranging a meeting with the Sullivans, provided they could ensure it wasn't some kind of a trap. In addition to this, Spencer had spoken with Savannah a couple of times to patch things up with her, as he wasn't oblivious to the fact that his initial behaviour towards her, no matter how justified he felt it was, had been one of the catalysts of the war to begin with. Now, he felt like they were on civil terms again, with them able to speak on friendly terms as they used to do in the past. He couldn't speak on behalf of people like Conor and Syd, but he believed Savannah was being genuine and wanted to do anything to make sure Callum had a better childhood than they'd both had.

Spencer had arranged to pay Alex and Callum a visit this evening. Once he'd finished at the office, he headed home to check in on Shona and Eddie as well as to get changed. Once ready, he headed out to his brother's house. As it was Halloween, Spencer had brought 'Ghostbusters' with him on VHS so Callum could watch it with him and Alex. He was the most child-friendly Halloween-related film Spencer had in his collection and the kid loved it, so it had been a success. After the film was finished, Spencer sent Alex a look that made it clear he wanted some time to talk with his brother alone, without his nephew present. It was a look that Callum was of course oblivious to and the child continued to strike up conversation that Spencer couldn't possibly ignore. The kid certainly knew how to talk.

"Can you start teaching me to play football again?" Callum next asked his uncle, having missed spending time with him when various circumstances had kept them from seeing each other. "Eddie can play too, but I want to learn so I can be good!"

Spencer smiled at Callum and nodded his head. "Of course, mate. Until Eddie learns how to walk, you get me all to yourself for footy training. I promise, when the weather gets better again in the spring, we'll start going to the park and practising on the proper field. Deal?" When Callum accepted the deal with a handshake, Spencer took the opportunity to ask for some time with Alex. "Alright, Callum. How about you go upstairs and play with your toys for a bit? Let me and Alex talk about some boring stuff, alright?"

Once the boy had agreed and left the room, Spencer opened a can of beer and sat back on the sofa across from Alex. "Come on then, how are you and Kerry doing?" he curiously asked. He hoped his brother wasn't going to mess this one up as he thought the two of them seemed good together.

"I spoke with Sav again the other day. I think we're both in a good place now and she won't have any trouble from me," he assured him. "And just cause me an' Bruce are having issues, it won't affect me being on board with trying to end this mess with the Sullivans. I know how to be professional and I think we all want this war to be over with already. I'm not going to be going round for Sunday dinner at Bruce's anytime soon, but I'll sit at a table with him to get business done."

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Alex)
Mentions: Pyroclast Pyroclast (Bruce, Billy) Bellz Bellz (Harper)

Last edited:
generatedtext (2).png
wes craven slasher films GIF
...Six weeks later...
Screen Shot 2022-12-11 at 2.53.00 PM.png

Blake McCarthy
(Sexy Cheerleader)

~ Dublin City Center, Dublin ~
jennifer-aniston-favorite-home-ab-exercises.png
"Are you sure this skirt isn't too short for this party?" Blake asked Adam, not to be a tease, but she was genuinely worried about flashing the entire party. Sure, she was wearing short spandex underneath, but that was still far too revealing. "On second thought," She was quick to add before Adam could answer her, "Don't answer that, depending on what you say I think I could turn us around and march us right back to the car for some... alone time." After the proposal, the six weeks the pair had together was almost like a precursor to what she was sure their honeymoon was going to be like.

Despite not having the urge to tease Adam as they walked through the front doors of the venue where they were having the Halloween party, a teasing smile formed naturally on her face. She couldn't help it. "Wow, this is some place, isn't it?" She said, seemingly out of nowhere now as the topic of her skirt was long gone. Reaching out to take Adam's hand, they walked side by side through the walkway that would eventually lead to the ballroom. Blake's eyes looked around, in a lighthearted way, surveying everything that she could see from her spot as they continued on. It had become a habit, one that she didn't necessarily like...but it was needed.

There had been far too many attacks, and far too much loss for her to simply walk into a place without taking in the entire area for herself. If anything were to happen she wanted to make sure she had an escape plan for herself and for those she loved. Even if...god forbid, something happened, if she at least tried to get them all out and save them...at least she tried, right? Realizing that she was getting too far into her head, Blake cleared her throat and turned to her fiancé. It was still crazy to say, even in her own head. She knew no one else saw it coming, except for her children and Leo, who had been a part of getting the house ready when they were at the Sullivans.

Collin had gushed about it the moment she came home to tell them the news and Natasha, normally the first one to express her approval was unusually quiet. She'd been pretty avoidant too and when Blake tried to talk to her about things, Natasha had been clear that she didn't want to talk. Blake couldn't help but take it personally but she tried to not bring any unwanted attention to her daughter, who looked really nice dressed as Madonna.

Adam may have noticed that she had grown a bit quiet, so when she turned to look at him, she smiled. "Did I tell you that you dressed as the Terminator is a total turn-on for me, love?" Blake admitted, her cheeks turning red as she blushed. Regardless of his answer, Blake had seen Chase and Jasmine only a few feet in front of them and waved at them. "Hey, you two!" She said excitedly as she took in their outfits. "I see the theme this year is sexy! You both look great!"Blake said happily, her eyes looking around them for another split second before turning to look at Adam. "So should we take bets on who is going to get pissed first? Might as well get that awkward part of the night out of the way first before we start drinking. I like a little bit of money with my booze."Blake teased, letting out a laugh.
with: Adam, Jasmine Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Chase Pyroclast Pyroclast

Lucy Porter
(French Showgirl)

7f100f5f59425e8b4bc2fa505cd166e1
Ever the party organizer, Lucy felt useless at this event. Sure, she was told just to have a good time, to enjoy herself. It was like her family didn't know her at all. Dressed in a sparkling rhinestone showgirl get-up, she adjusted her top hat and tucked a piece of dark red hair from her carefully placed wig behind her ear. Despite the sour feelings she had about not being able to help, she was sipping on a drink currently allowing those feelings to be drowned in alcohol. One of the waiters, handing out little finger sandwiches, however, was about to give her a heart attack. "Excuse me, excuse me!" The waiter turned around to look at Lucy though his eyes immediately went to her rather revealing outfit. She couldn't blame him, she looked like a sparkling diamond. But it wouldn't be tolerated when he was holding the tray of food the way he was. "Are you trying to just dump those all over someone? I've seen you barely make it around the room without it tipping. Flat handed but grip it with your fingertips, hun and for the love of God, my eyes are up here!"

The waiter straightened up, his cheeks turning red as he fixed his tray the way he was told to hold it. "That's better, now get out of here before I let my husband take a whack at you. And I better not see you slouching or I'm going to have words, mister." The waiter scurried off, holding the tray as instructed. Lucy felt bad after he left but the man was eyeballing her like an animal, not to mention doing his work sloppily. Two things she hated. When Lucy turned to observe the rest of the party, she was pleased to see her husband walking to her.

"There's my gunslinger! Come on then," Lucy set her drink down at the bar before turning to her husband fully. "This party ain't big enough for the two of us, ready?" The blonde-turned-redhead for the night smiled at her husband before saying, "Draw!" Pretending to pull out finger guns, she made a little shooting noise. Whether he got her or not at the same time, Lucy laughed, "Looks like we are gonna have to both stay then. Which is such a shame because..." The woman walked up to her husband, placing her hands on his shirt to smooth it in one place before running her hands down his chest, "You're looking good enough to eat."

When their flirting was over, Lucy sighed, "I'm flattered that my eldest son wanted to let me have a break from planning events and such, but if I see one more waiter nearly drop a tray I might just keel over love." The blonde hummed her complaint, moving to grab her drink from the bar once more. Her eyes looked around, yet another person in the family who had developed such habits. The second story to the ballroom made her nervous, but she didn't want to worry anyone else. Though with James, it was different, "This venue is lovely, but don't you think it's a bit..." Lucy bit red painted bottom lip, trying to not say what she was thinking while hoping that her husband would pick up on what she was trying to say.
with: James Misty Gray Misty Gray

Roxie Carriveau
(Morticia Addams)

2jegrkggrv0a1.jpeg
When Roxie had planned this event, she was thinking that she'd be on the tail end of her pregnancy. With some time to rest in between. Well as it turned out, little Lucia Mattae Moore wanted to make her appearance a little earlier. On September 20th, Lucia was born and was surprisingly healthy for having come a little more than a month early. She was kept in the hospital for about a week as a precaution and when she finally came home. Things had flown by, between taking care of the kids, taking care of little Luci, and her newly rekindled relationship, it seemed that there wasn't enough time in the day.

Tonight, there seemed to be enough time to slow down and Roxie was planning on taking full advantage of the night she had away from all of the parental responsibilities. She loved being a mother, Roxie knew she wouldn't be the person she was told without her children's influence but she also missed the side of her that used to go out on a whim and just live. Being 40 years old was different than being in your 20s but that didn't mean she couldn't have a good time. Even as a mother.

Tonight, she just wanted to allow herself to forget about all the responsibilities both in her life as a mother and outside of it. There were still matters of her family's business to attend to, especially after that attack on her life that killed her fiancé which had been at Ricky's command. Roxie had put that on the back burner, for her own sanity, and for her physical health. But now that the baby had arrived early, she was able to handle the stress once more. But not tonight, tonight, she would have a good time. Roxie had seen Lucy looking less than happy to just be able to enjoy herself, so she steered clear of her for now. The brunette had seen how she had been acting with the waiters and didn't want to get told to not slouch as well.

Instead, Roxie had been speaking with the event coordinator that Syd and she had hired to help with the event and the hiring process of all the staff tonight. Of course, the security was going to be taken care of by Syd's family. Only the best of the best were tasked with defending the perimeter and the inside of the party. Her eyes had caught a few of them doing exactly as they were told, observing and surveying the area like hawks looking for pests to eat alive. That eased some of Roxie's initial anxiety she had about tonight. The venue was decided upon by both Syd and herself, meeting in the middle about it. The second and third stories made them both nervous, but they decided that the family would provide enough security.

Syd was already paranoid as it was, so Roxie was trusting him with that side of the event. She took care of the decor, the menu, the music...just about everything a party needed to be a party. All the drinks bought by the partygoers tonight would go to their charities aimed at serving orphans. The food and everything else were free. If there was one thing the Irish loved to do...it was drinking, no matter the cost.

Roxie had done her last once over of everything before deciding it was time for her to simply enjoy herself. Seeing Syd, who was hard to miss with his fake tattoos and the leather, she picked up the long train of her black dress and walked to him. When their eyes met, she smiled widely. "Aren't you meant to be on tour, Tommy Lee?" Roxie teased, moving to take a sip from her blood-orange martini, which looked like a glass of blood. "I checked in with all the vendors, waiters tell me your mother was heckling them about their posture earlier and I saw her doing it on the way over to you. I think we should go distract her so that they can do their jobs without feeling intimidated."
with: Syd Pyroclast Pyroclast

Harper King
Jeremy's Place
~ London ~

5a3b5133984cb1014dc965064bfee3099d7331b6.gifv
Being back out of the psych ward, Harper figured that she would have felt some sort of relief. Sure, she wasn't constantly plotting her own demise anymore which was a step in the right direction. But...there was just something so different that she couldn't place or rather, her mind didn't want her to acknowledge. The thoughts that used to once constantly plague her brain, the ones telling her that she wasn't good enough for anyone or anything, the passive suicidal ones...they were all absent. For the first time in her life, she had complete clarity in her head, no longer muddled and dark.

The doctors had told her that it would take a while to feel normal again, and Dr. Parker had encouraged her to give it time. What else had he said? Harper's brows furrowed together, trying her best to remember what the hell he had said to her right before she got out. The blockage in her head was frustrating, but on the outside, it was like she couldn't express such feelings any longer. Instead, she stared blankly at the book she had in her hand. She was stuck on the same sentence.

“I have a theory that every time you make an important choice, the part you left behind continues the other life you could have had.”

The life she could have had? What was that life exactly? Her thoughts had a hard time conjuring up what her life would have been like had she chosen to live through her pain, to not let it define her. To keep pretending things were okay when the entire world felt like it was shattering around her and she had no control over it. To keep feeling like she was some secondary character in a film about her life and watch as choices and decisions were made for her by the chosen main ones.

The tea kettle in the kitchen started to whistle and Harper set down the book that Billy had given her in the hospital on the coffee table. Her muscles were stiff as she moved to get up from the sofa rather quickly. Her head spun once she was in a standing position, a new little symptom of her pregnancy. 3 months along and she was starting to move away from throwing up every meal she tried to keep down and having to use the bathroom every second. Just when she thought it would be better, lower back pain greeted her. The kettle continued to whistle and Harper moved her way into the kitchen slowly, turning off the burner on the stove and moving the kettle away. When she looked around the kitchen for a moment, she was startled to not recognize it. Harper had been in her new home for 2 days now and it was still hard for her brain to remember that she had moved in with Jeremy. Blinking a few times, the woman let out a soft deep breath before moving to grab a few chamomile tea bags and some honey. Once she dropped the tea bag into her mug she poured the boiling water into it before getting a scoopful of honey and stirring it in.

Harper grabbed the mug and moved to sit at the dining room table, eyes looking out the window once she was settled. Instinctively, her hand that wasn't on the mug went to the locket he had given her before she had been admitted. Her fingers had already memorized every imperfectly perfect dent or worn-out piece of metal on it, finding the feeling of it soothing. The blonde's thoughts were too tangled to really pick one to focus on, so she just let the silence sit still staring out the window as she blew on her tea before taking a sip. It was hot but the taste was something that seemed to immediately upset her stomach.

"Oh come on, you." The woman huffed, her eyes cast down at the slightest bump showing under her Van Halen T-shirt. "Chamomile is my favorite. You can't possibly hate it." To someone else, she probably looked like a mad woman but Harper had grown to have conversations with the baby inside of her while locked up. Mostly about the life she wanted for them and herself. Sometimes, like right now, she talked to the life inside of her over the fact that this kid was dictating what she could and couldn't eat. Going in for another sip, the smell of it was enough to make her gag so she set down the mug. "Fine, you win. Sheesh, you're probably going to be more stubborn than your father and me combined." She grumbled before moving to the fridge. Everything looked unappetizing despite it being full of things she normally would have chowed down on immediately. Her eyes landed on a pickle jar suddenly and her expression turned up. Ever the curious thing, something was telling her to just open and sniff it. Or perhaps maybe, someone. She knew it didn't work like that but there was no way she would have grabbed it otherwise! She hated pickles!

Grabbing them from the fridge, she set to open the jar quickly. Without even having to bend down she could smell it and it actually made her mouth water. With what...she wasn't sure yet. "This? This is what I'm craving? A pickle?" She muttered to herself, shaking her head as she reached inside the jar for one and held it close to her face. Normally she would have gagged but instead, she just took a bite without any hesitation. The food was actually...good? Harper closed the jar and stuffed it back in the fridge, shoving the rest of the pickle in her mouth as she did so before rinsing off her hand in the sink. Something about good food just made her feel like her normal self...if only for a moment. Even if it was the food she hated before. "Well, looks like I learned something new about the both of us today, hmm?" The blonde hummed to her little bloat before sighing and moving to grab the mug filled with tea to rinse it out.

When she got to the sink, an overwhelming sadness flooded her system, causing her eyes to produce tears without her permission. They fell down her cheeks and the woman was sluggish to catch them. It was difficult, to understand how she could go from feeling nothing to something so quickly. Those tears wear quickly wiped away however when she heard the doorbell go off. Unsure of where Jeremy was at that moment, Harper said "I’ll get it!” And moved to walk towards the door. She was a little sluggish in doing so but when she got there, she was able to unlock the door and open it a little faster. When she saw Kerry standing in front of her, Harper was slightly surprised. "Kerry? Hey, it’s uh…good to see you.” Harper had managed to get herself together enough to at least try to act like some semblance of her former self. "Come on in, I just had the kettle on…I can make you some tea if you’d like.”

Leaving the door wide open for her, she allowed her friend to step inside whenever she wished to and let Kerry shut the door behind her. Harper’s eyes burned again with tears and she had to clear her throat to distract from the furious wiping she was doing underneath her eyes. "How have you been, Ker? Alex not causing you trouble, is he? I know I’ve only been out of it the last couple of days but if I need to give that man a piece of my mind…I will.” It was still so second nature, to allow herself to fall into this little role she’d play. Like nothing had changed. Harper knew it would take time to get rid of, to allow herself to cope in another healthier way…but for now, it was all she knew how to do.
with: Kerry Misty Gray Misty Gray ; (Feel free to jump in with Jeremy! BasDorcha BasDorcha )

...Six weeks later...

Grand-Ballroom-Waldorf-Astoria-New-York-Prestigious-Venues.jpg
jack-o-lantern-halloween-aesthetic-w7vlzdh7u96mydnt.jpg
motion-array-1206899-e5f334XO3X-high_0013.jpg

Erik's Apartment

~Hackney, London~

Erik Snowden

51fef96e28666e2d6f3d09346195f55a.jpg

Erik Snowden had a rougher childhood than most. With an abusive father like Roger and multiple people walking all over him, he was entitled to become just as abusive as Roger. Toxic and manipulative and an overall piece of shit. Yet, when it came down to it he hadn’t been. Instead of becoming the carbon copy of his father, he became dependent on drugs instead. They made him feel better when he was feeling down and did what no one could do for him; make him happy. They caressed him and rubbed his back and made him feel lighter. And Erik wanted to hold on to that for as long as he could until he met Billy King. In just a short time, he found himself wanting, craving and desiring Billy in a way that rivaled the drugs. He’d been willing to give it all up for Billy and did the moment he asked. Getting clean for the second time in his life was difficult but he was willing to do it all for him.

Which is probably how Erik found himself in the predicament that he was in. For the past few weeks, he felt as if something was amiss in his relationship. The two of them were normally very open and honest with one another. Erik never questioned what Billy was doing, where he was going, or even who he was with until a few weeks ago. After catching Billy in a lie, a nagging feeling had planted itself in his mind and began to sprout. His boyfriend informed him he’d be out for something construction related for the nightclub. Only, Erik had caught him talking to an old friend of his outside of the gay bar he’d taken Billy to once before. Erik had even been the one to introduce them to one another, and now they were hanging out without him. When Billy returned to the apartment that night, Alex asked how things went to see if he would lie, and sure enough, “Constructions going great - spent all day there!”

The moment that lie settled Erik felt himself slipping into the darker crevices of his mind. He wasn’t even able to be happy about the fact that he was now able to stay in London with Billy and the others. Everything he’d done for him. Everything they’d been through, he thought, and he was throwing it away. For a whore like Oscar? He tried to force himself not to think so poorly of Billy but how could he when the facts were there? One day he’d even followed Billy to see how truthful he’d been to him and lo and behold he was hugging Michael. The idea that it could be friendly did cross his mind but then Billy wouldn’t lie about that right? He wouldn’t flinch and change the subject when he was on the phone and Erik walked into the room. That wasn’t normal, non-suspicious behavior and all it did was add fuel to the fire. Slowly his self-destructive ways began to take over with Erik going out without Billy and getting drunk; stumbling back to his apartment and ending up passed out in the reception area.

That night, however, something pushed him over the edge. There was no telling what it was - Billy declining his offer to come over because he was 'busy' with something. Finding receipts in his pockets which clearly showed he'd gone to lunch with someone. Or the visions he kept seeing in his head of Billy with another man. Whatever it had been caused Erik nothing but pain and he so desperately needed some sort of release. Which, surprisingly, hadn't been drugs. No, his release came in the form of... Something else. Something far more destructive. How he'd found himself in bed with another man was anyone's guess. His mind had settled on the fact that Billy was cheating. And if he was cheating that meant he didn't care about Erik or their relationship or even the shit they'd gone through to get to where they were. Erik had helped Billy accept his sexuality, embrace who he was and be unapologetic about it. Here he was, venturing out of their relationship to see if Erik is what he really wanted. And it hurt Erik, who'd chosen London over New York for him. Who'd poured out his heart to him about things no one else knew. Things he would never tell anyone else.

Erik thought about this as he and his worst mistake stumbled into his apartment lip-locked. Chris - or, was it Tony? Patrick? Whatever his name was, allowed himself to be guided through Erik's apartment. "Nice place," he muttered, only Erik didn't respond. He wasn't there for pleasantries. He wasn't there to possibly cook breakfast for him in the morning. This guy was simply there for him to not only distract him from the heartbreak he was feeling but to get payback. If Billy could cheat, he reasoned, so could he. If Billy thought Erik was going to be loyal while he was out there sampling the stock he had another thing coming. Nearly an hour had passed after the two got back to Erik's apartment, his companion clearly in bliss while Erik's mind remained far away. They were both under the comforter, Erik staring at the ceiling while Tony or Patrick rested next to him. The moment Patrick or Chris reached to move a lock of Erik's hair from his face he stopped him. Briefly, he'd forgotten the man was even next to him, figuring he'd leave once it was over. "This was fun," Erik said, gently rubbing the man's wrist before standing up and sliding into his underwear. "But, you've gotta go." He was feeling... Remorseful. He thought that by sleeping with whatever his name was that he'd feel better. That he'd be giving Billy a taste of his own medicine and yet he felt... Hollow. Empty inside and he didn't know what to do with it.

Billy ( Pyroclast Pyroclast )

Windsor Hotel Charity Gala
~Dublin~
Aliana Sullivan
be340c8f99dcb1d3a4a59ee87990c799.jpg

Aliana Sullivan was happy and at peace. Which was saying a lot considering the past few months. Physical and emotional wounds were healing, her husband was no longer fighting with his employees, and her best friend was engaged! Leo, while he still wasn't talking about the things he'd been through, had also seemed to be doing better. Things seemed to be falling into place, as they should be. And every single time her mind tried to wander and convince her that it wasn't going to last she forced herself to be positive; to see the glass as half full and not half empty. If she wanted to remain happy and if she wanted to change how she felt about things she was definitely going to have to do so. So for six weeks, she enjoyed the place she was at in regard to her marriage, her relationship with her family, and even with her best friend, Blake. After being told she was her Maid of Honor she'd spent some time obsessing over planning. And though she was shit at throwing events she was going to make Blake's bachelorette party and everything else she asked of her amazing.

For now, however, she was getting ready for the Halloween party. The Sullivan family may have been criminals but they were also sentimental human beings. Both Syd and Roxie had been prominent in the charity circuit, organizing their own and holding events for them. This year's event was being held at the Windsor hotel on Halloween - one of Ali's favorite holidays. Getting to dress up and pretend to be someone else for a night had always been appealing. Granted, she could always do the same when she wanted at night in the bedroom but that wasn't the point. "Found them," Rhiannon shouted, walking into her mother's room. "Sydney was playing with them." Rhi handed a pair of leopard-printed cat ears to her mother, taking a step back. "You know, somethin' about seeing my mother dressed in a leopard leotard and stockings doesn't feel right," she joked, sitting on the bed. Ali laughed and turned around, showing her the tail attached. "And the tail?" She looked in the mirror, placing the headband on her head and adjusting her hair. "I mean, you look hot but. It feels so, so wrong."

After explaining the rules to Rhiannon - that if she and Sydney were going to trick or treat with the twins and the others, they needed to tell Allen and have a guard with them - she and Conor made their way to the Windsor. The venue chosen had been a lot grander on the inside than she'd anticipated. For a moment she was reminded of New York and the bombing, her hand gently squeezing Conor's. When she realized what she was doing she relaxed and turned to him. "You know, the mustache suits you," she teased, not even remotely serious. Once they were inside Ali took a moment to look around in awe at the decorations. "I hope you know," she started, looking at the people dressed in different costumes mingling and drinking and dancing. "That not only are we about to get absolutely pissed tonight," she paused, turning to him with another mischievous look on her face. "But maybe even a little bit of trouble?"

After mingling with guests and family members, Ali found herself sitting back down at their table. She just needed a few minutes off her feet to relax. She watched as Conor approached the table with a drink in hand for her, she gave him a smile. She had been completely enamored with him the past month and a half - not to say she hadn't been before, of course, - but even more so lately. He sat next to her and she accepted the drink, placing a kiss on his cheek. "Thank you, darling, aren't you the gentleman?" She took a sip and settled back into her seat, grabbing his hand and playing with his fingers. "Enjoying yourself tonight? Well, I mean after the sizable donation we made?" Seeing as many zeroes as she had on the check nearly made her heart stop but if it were for charity then there was nothing to worry about right? It would come back in the form of good luck and children being taken care of so why not!

Conor ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )

( BasDorcha BasDorcha I left Michelle and Dermot joining Conor and Ali up to you guys. Didn't quite know if they arrived together or not so I'll let you do what you want!)

Last edited:
Windsor Hotel
~Dublin~
Michelle Romano

1670913109564.png
1670913140545.pngMichelle sat at the mirror in her room, putting herself together for the costume party but feeling out of sorts. There was a big party tonight, she should be feeling better, but she wasn't. Out of nowhere that morning, a down spell had hit her and she was starting to feel antisocial. She stared at the mirror and wondered if it would be better to stay home, but decided that she would attend anyways. Maybe getting out of the house was what she needed. She hadn't seen much of anyone since she started her job at the Mayor's office as his senior aid, focusing on her work to keep her busy and entertained.

With a quick kiss and hug to her children, she left them with the sitter and headed outside, climbing in the cab she had called. Michelle wasn't use to family drivers, or fancy cars, her mom and stepdad kept a modest approach to expenditure of family money. So without a thought she climbed into the cab and gave the cabbie the address and sat back. The drive was quiet and quick, Michelle's home not far from the hotel.

She stepped out and made her way up, her cat costume masking her face with a lacy cover and perk ears. Her eyes scanned the room, picking out familiar faces here and there, but deciding not to approach any of them. Instead, Michelle made her way to the bar and ordered a double shot of tequila dressed and wasted no time shooting it back. For reasons she couldn't place a finger on she was anxious and sad, swirling the few salt grains at the bottom around in a circle. Everyone here was in such high moods, she wouldn't be good company. Maybe it would be better to leave before anyone seen her…

Misty Gray Misty Gray Pyroclast Pyroclast Bellz Bellz Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (The Party)

Theodore 'Teddy' Wycliff
0d2bb0de53badf02913ab3641c7fd4b4.jpg

The second Gabriel Moretti came to him with a plan for attacking the Irish, Teddy thought hell had frozen over. He never thought the man would ever travel to Ireland, let alone get his hands dirty. Hearing that the Kings had yet take care of their issue with the Irish had been yet another letdown. He shared his boss' frustration on the matter despite being the more diplomatic one of the two. The Sullivans had stepped all over the Morettis and even the Kings and had gone unchecked for far too long. They were lucky in places where they shouldn't have been; truly, Teddy had been at his wit's end with it. Too long had they been allowed to run amok in the world; especially James Porter. He was still angry about his and his daughter's kidnapping and someone was going to answer for it. So when he was approached by his boss about the job of finally taking care of what so many had failed to do, he was more than willing to join him.

The Sullivans had been affluent in the charity circuit, something Theodore had found interesting. Either it was just a front to keep the community from turning against them, or they truly did care about some orphans. Whatever the case it was about to turn sour very soon and he wasn't feeling bad about it. Walking out of the bathroom with all but his mask on, he paused to listen to Gabriel asking him about Val. Letting out a brief chuckle he shook his head. "Ah, you know anything I tell her she won't accept unless it's the truth. Being vague didn't work as much as I hoped, so be expecting her to demand us tell her the truth when we're back." He then walked towards the table to pick up his gun - checking to make sure the safety was on and he was full up on ammo. At the mention of Ava, he sort of felt conflicted. What was a widow supposed to do after losing her husband? Stick around the family? It had to be awkward for sure. "They asked for him, right? And he agreed? I guarantee you had he wanted to stay in New York with Ava he'd have said so. Plus, be honest; you didn't really care for Marcus marrying her, did you?" Teddy thought Ava was great; interesting, even. But if he were honest she didn't fit in their world.

Back on the topic of business, Gabriel informed him of where he had placed Ricky. It was unfortunate that Roxie would be taken out considering he had such high hopes for her. But this was business and it was nothing personal against her. On the journey to Dublin, Teddy had forced himself to remember that fact - to engrave it deep within his mind so he wouldn't forget; so he wouldn't hesitate. There had been quite a few people in the past months he considered a friend of which he had to burn bridges - Erik, Reina, Roxie, and soon-to-be Ava. Ricky would be next if he didn't do what he was told. Teddy nodded his head in understanding of his boss' words. "Lot of people on the kill list tonight," he stated, "Anyone else?" It was a given that James would be on that list as well, Gabriel going through the game plan. He was more than happy to just kill him and not let him get any final words in. The beating he'd given him months ago was the last time he ever wanted to exchange words with him. "You don't have to tell me twice. When are we moving in? You remember the exit plan or should we go over that once more?"

Gabriel ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )

Alex King's House
Alexander King
a0bdaa1f8c09242a2ed788bf5a227476.jpg

Despite having been shot, Alex had had quite an interesting month and a half. Apologies and revelations and learning new things about his family members; it was a lot. All while healing from a gunshot wound, no less. But he figured he had gone long enough without apologizing to those he needed to; Savannah being the main person. After their talk, he'd walked away feeling... Lighter, somehow. He had begun to redeem himself or at least made true progress. All that was left was to convince his brother and Uncle to properly sit down with the Sullivans so they could have a civil and grown-up conversation. If he and Savannah could do so for the sake of Callum than surely the others would be able to as well. When he brought the idea to Spencer he was fully prepared with a counter-argument as to why they should. Only, he wouldn't need it. Spencer seemed to be immediately on board and shared his sentiment of feeling tired of all the fighting. His brother had even gone a step further and did his own making up with Savannah. Things felt like they were beginning to get better and he could only hope they stayed that way.

The three of them watched 'Ghostbusters' that night; a movie Alex felt he'd seen over a dozen times because of his son. Really he hadn't been paying attention to any of it and just watched as Callum ohh'd and ahh'd as if he'd never seen it before. He gave a knowing glance to Spencer as if warning him of what awaited him when Eddie became of age. It still felt weird being the brother warning his siblings of how kids were in the future, but he was getting used to it. The moment the movie was over Alex felt nothing but relief. If he had to hear the theme song one more time he was going to blow his brains out. He opened his mouth to speak before being beaten by his son and the way words seemed to tumble out of his mouth. "Pfft, you want him to teach you? I'm almost offended," he joked, pushing himself up off the couch. He momentarily left the room to grab a couple of beers for the adults and a box of juice for Callum. He heard Spencer ask for a moment alone, Alex looking down at Callum. "Yeah, kid, beat it," he teased, handing him the juice. "Not in the bed and brush your teeth right after."

After Callum disappeared Alex took a seat across from Spencer opening his own beer can. He took a sip and leaned his head back against the headrest. "He's not going to brush his teeth," he mumbled, letting out a sigh. Looking at his brother he shook his head. "I can't tell if he's more Sav or more me at this stage; I certainly didn't talk as much." He took another sip and settled in his seat. When asked about him and Kerry, Alex couldn't help the smile that appeared on his face. "They're goin' alright, I guess. Certainly haven't pissed her off lately so that's good. She and Callum get on great. So great that he ratted me out to Sav when I went to see her because he wanted to share." Though he would always defend his relationship with Kerry he still felt a bit... Awkward, at times about it seeing as she used to be Savannah's friend. But that awkward feeling never lasted more than a second. "Anyway, it's great. She's great. I think I told her I loved her the other day but... She hasn't exactly said it back?"

The moment he brought up his argument with Bruce Alex felt it was the perfect time to ask for an explanation. "Oh yeah? That's great. I think Sav misses it in London so the more comfortable she is here, the better things'll be for us all. But, you know that so I don't need to be sayin' it. What I'm curious about, however, is why you and Bruce are at odds again. I mean, we were just in this place yeah? The two o' you butt heads more than fucking rams so out with it. What's got you all bent outta shape?"

Spencer ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )

Erik's Apartment
~ Hackney, London ~

Billy King

1671130968912.png“If a rich, handsome architect designed me even a shed to live in, I'd be his little house husband for the rest of my life," Oscar sighed, resting a head on Billy's left shoulder as they looked down at their work. "Erik is so lucky."

“I wouldn’t do this for just anyone,” Billy replied, a soft smile forming on his face. The house was spacious, open-plan, with guest bedrooms for the family. A workshop, of course, a library for Billy’s books, a double garage for their cars and Erik’s motorbike…which, now he thought about it, he might need to expand…but the bedroom on the top floor he was sure would be Erik’s favourite part. He couldn’t wait to show him. Oscar may be envious of the gesture, but Billy knew that he was the lucky one. Given they couldn’t marry, presenting to Erik the personally-designed blueprints of their forever home was the closest he was ever going to get to proposing to the man, and there was no one else in the world Billy would rather spend the rest of his life with than Erik Snowden.

After saying goodbye to Oscar, Billy filed the blueprints away in his satchel and made his way to Erik’s apartment. He couldn’t stop smiling - this must have been how Spencer felt the day he proposed to Shona, he thought. Ready to start the rest of their lives together. Picturing the look on Erik’s face, sharing their love for each other, sharing everything. On a more immediate scale, Billy had noticed that Erik seemed stressed lately, a little moody and distant. He hadn’t been all that talkative and was coming home late. It had been worrying Billy a bit, which was why he had forced himself to abandon his goal of fully perfecting and finalising the blueprints in favour of getting it done faster. For whatever reason, Erik needed some cheering up, and Billy was sure this would do it.

Butterflies swarmed in his stomach as he stood outside the apartment, his hand shaking a little as he fished in his pocket for his keys and opened the door. “Hey, muppet, you home?” he called out, an uncontrollable smile on his face. There was no answer, but he could hear movement coming from the bedroom. Billy eagerly crept up to the door, ready to take him up in his arms, kiss him, clear his blues away -

And then time froze. Erik was standing in his underwear, a stranger in their bed. Billy couldn’t move, he couldn’t speak. It was like getting shot all over again, except it hurt so much more. His heart dropped and the butterflies in his stomach morphed into a gnawing sickness, his whole body suddenly tense from the inside out. He wanted to shout, but he could hardly breathe, let alone speak. For the first time since they got together, it actually hurt to look at Erik, so Billy’s eyes instead bore into the naked man in his boyfriend’s bed - in his side of the bed.

He wanted nothing more than for the moment to end, but his feet wouldn’t move and he couldn’t find the words to break the silence. Suddenly he reached his limit; driven by auto-pilot, Billy backed out of the bedroom and slammed the door behind him. The room was spinning but he couldn’t leave, not without a confrontation, so instead of making an exit like his body was begging him to do, he reached out and grabbed onto the sofa’s backrest to hold himself steady as the image of what he had just walked in on burned through his mind.

Interactions
Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess cheater cheater pumpkin eater

Alex King's House

Spencer King

1670808102151-png.1047823
Spencer smirked upon hearing Alex's grumble that Callum wouldn't brush his teeth. He then raised a curious eyebrow as his brother wondered where the boy got his talkative nature from. "That's an anomaly, for sure. Sav ain't exactly a chatterbox herself," he remarked about the relatively reserved woman. "Let's just hope he doesn't become annoying, because we'd know he got that from you if he did!" he teased his brother.

Picking up on the way Alex smiled at the subject of Kerry, Spencer couldn't help but return it. Of course, the novelty could wear off over time and Alex had form for not sticking with a relationship, but something felt different. Spencer had watched the changes in his brother over the recent months and something told him that his feelings about Kerry would be taken more seriously now. Hopefully he was right and Alex wasn't going to revert to his old ways again. "It sounds like she's good for you and it's a good sign she gets along with Callum too. This is a chance you've got here, Alex," he seriously told him, figuring he didn't need to spell out that he should make an effort this time around. "Sav must have been okay with you and Kerry, though? You're all grown-ups and it's past time to move on." He then shook his head. "But we need to have a word with Callum. We can't have any little snitches in the King family," he joked.

Spencer didn't immediately respond when Alex revealed he'd told Kerry he loved her but it had yet to be reciprocated. "Give her time, I reckon. It doesn't always play out like a fairy tale and where out family is concerned, we're far from fairy tales. She's had some troubles of her own in the past, right?" he asked, aware of her having a traumatic time in New York because of the Morettis and the Sullivans. Still, he didn't know too much detail, especially not the specific details she'd shared with Alex and Savannah. "I'm sure she'll feel the same. She's probably just as messed up by life as this family is, so she'll fit right in," he remarked.

When Alex inevitably began to ask about his falling out with Bruce, Spencer reached for his beer and knocked a significant amount of the drink back. He put the can back on the coffee table before shrugging his shoulders when his brother pointed out he'd only recently been at odds with Bruce. "I don't always have to agree with him," he bluntly reminded Alex. He then let out a deep sigh before deciding to elaborate. "The night at the gala, we confronted Gabriel about him butting into our business with getting Callum back, and Sav being shot because of it. Long story short, the smug wanker was pissing us off and it was our chance to end our business with the Italians. In the end, Bruce and Gabriel made up an' shook hands, so we're still stuck with him." Despite how much he disliked Gabriel and the man's methods, Spencer did understand where his uncle was coming from. They did need as much backup as they could get against the Sullivans, but the Italian simply rubbed him up the wrong way. "I get it though," he admitted. "Bruce wants to protect us all and the Morettis are powerful people to have on side." Despite acknowledging that, it hadn't made Spencer feel inclined to apologise to Bruce and try resolve things. The fact of the matter that it was another man, not Gabriel, who was holding Spencer back.

"It's not just about that though. It was about Trevor too," he explained looking up to Alex to study him for a moment. "After Trevor saved Harper, Bruce went to see him to thank him for it." Spencer ran his hand down his face in frustration. "I'm glad the prick was there to save her, of course I am. But he doesn't deserve my gratitude for it," he said. Sitting forward, he rested his elbows on his knees. "It's Trevor's fault she ended up in that state of mind to begin with, so I ain't thanking him." Spencer shook his head. "And him helping find Callum was great and all that, but he's just doing what he can to worm his way back in. He'll soon take whatever it is he came here for and ditch us all yet again."

Spencer slumped back on the couch again, tapping the sofa arm as he rested his own arm across it. "He's already got into Harper's and May's heads, with them wanting to stick up for him. And now Bruce giving him even an ounce of his time..." Reaching forward, he took another sip of his drink before looking Alex in the eyes. "I can't forget what he did, even if I wanted to. The prick needs to just fuck off or drop dead, and our family needs to stop making him feel like he's welcome."

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Alex)

Adam Harper and Jasmine Zegarra
(The Terminator and "Sexy Witch")​

1671226396171.pngWhen Blake asked him about the skirt length of the cheerleader costume she was wearing, Adam looked to her and let out a coy laugh. There was a flirtatious glint in his eyes as her question expectedly led his mind towards a sexual path. Briefly stopping, he arched his neck back so he could check out the view of Blake's skirt and legs from behind. "I mean..." he trailed off as she told him not to answer. As he continued walking by her side, he let out a chuckle at the suggestion of them turning around to seek out some alone time. They'd had a lot of that in the weeks since their engagement and whilst he was sure they could both keep it up, he figured they really should stay on track and get inside the hotel to attend the party. "The skirt's just right," he assured her. "I'm sure someone's old nan might disagree, but that hypothetical old bag ain't invited."

Once they were inside the hotel, Adam took a moment to look around and take in the extravagant setup. "This has got to be the only time I'd get away from walking into a posh hotel dressed in a leather jacket and all the rest," he remarked, referring to his Terminator costume. Despite his comment, he wasn't about to be distracted by the glamourous décor and his mind was instead processing his surroundings, recalling the locations of the exits and routes from previously scoping out the venue. The Halloween decorations and table positionings had presented some obstacles or distractions from the exit doors, but he hadn't forgotten the layout of the building. What did make his job harder was reading the expressions of those guests in excessive makeup or wearing masks. He could often read people who were looking suspicious, but that job was made more difficult now. Not that he was officially being paid to work tonight, but he wasn't about to switch off with so many Sullivans present. The plastic gun he'd had checked on the way in was a prop, but that didn't mean he hadn't concealed a real firearm on his costume.

Adam's own thoughts about security had been enough to distract him from noticing Blake was thinking about the same thing. When she looked to him and pointed out his costume was a turn-on, he looked to her face and grinned, allowing his thoughts to relax again. "Well, maybe I'll let you take it off later tonight," he flirted.

******​

1671226418828.pngWith the kids joining Liam, Collin, Lucas and Hattie at the Callahans' House, Jasmine was looking forward to a night out with the adults. She wasn't planning on getting drunk, but she certainly wasn't intending on holding back. She had an evening with Chase and one they could let their hair down for without having to worry about the kids until the next day. She'd decided to dress as a witch, with a short black dress and high heels. She'd also been sporting a black witch's hat, though it had spent more time on their nearby table than on her head.

Jasmine and Chase were returning from the bar just as they sighted Blake and Adam approaching them. She grinned when Blake suggested their theme had been "sexy". She briefly looked to Chase with a loving look in her eyes before focusing back to their friends. "I'm pretty sure you went with the sexy theme too, Blake. A cheerleader? How will Arnie here contain himself?" she playfully asked, pointing to Adam.

"Ahh, so far it's been hard... I mean, it's a struggle," Adam remarked, sending Chase a knowing smirk. "Looking good, mate. I'd let you bite me anytime," he joked with Chase. Adam looked around as he thought about Blake's question as to who would get drunk first. Turning back to her and the Zegarra couple, he nodded his head decisively. "There's a few young lasses here. Michelle, Madonna..." he began, the latter meaning Amy. "But my money's on Supergirl. Sav's looking happy for once and with Danny with her, she'll feel like she can relax and knock back the cocktails."

Jasmine cocked her head to the side and sent Adam a playful glare. "Ohh, so you're just assuming young women can't handle their booze? Well, my money's on Syd," she quickly decided. "Him and Roxie have a newborn in the house now. He won't have so many opportunities to get pissed for the foreseeable. He's going to want to get the drinking in while he has the chance."

Pyroclast Pyroclast (Chase)
Bellz Bellz (Blake)

Windsor Hotel Charity Gala

Conor Sullivan and Dermot Murphy
(Hulk Hogan and "James Bond")​

1671281085203.pngWith his red and yellow vest top, denim jeans and comical fake moustache, Conor would surely feel underdressed being in such a fancy hotel. But this was Conor and it was Halloween, so he didn't give it any second thought. If anything, it felt great being out of stuffy formal wear. His attention was drawn away from the lavish interior when Aliana made a comment about the moustache suiting him. "Careful now, I might decide I like this style and grow one just for you," he teased, gentle rubbing her back with his hand. When his wife stopped in front of him to say they were going to get pissed and perhaps get into a little trouble. Conor sent her a devious smile before nodding his head. "Well, when my wife gives me permission to get pissed and be naughty, I'm sure as hell going to take it," he assured her, leaning in to kiss her lips. "My sexy partner in crime."

After greeting some guests, Conor went to the bar to get his and Aliana's drinks. He soon returned to the table where his wife was waiting for him and took a seat next to her where she moved his to kiss his cheek. "I'm always a gentleman," he casually assured her. They held hands as Aliana asked him if he was enjoying himself. "Of course. Get to muck around in costumes and get drunk with the family. Can't knock that." He then scoffed at mention of the donation they'd made. "Ahhh, we've gotta help the little needy kids out," he commented. He doubted no amount of donation was going to outweigh the darker nature of his business, but he was still glad he had the means to help and was doing so.

Dermot had been half-invited to the party on account on him being expected to work as security, primarily focusing his attention on playing bodyguard for Conor and Aliana. After checking in with the security on the main entrance, he returned inside and sighted Conor and Aliana taking their seats at their table. Upon approaching the round table, Conor was quick to invite him to take a seat next to him, to which he obliged. He'd already complimented their Halloween costumes earlier and had managed to dodge any counter-comments, until now.

1671281106840.png"You did know this was meant to be a Halloween costume party, right? Dermot?" Conor asked, having not let it escape his attention that his employee had turned up dressed in a fancy suit.

"Mr. Sullivan, I'm offended," Dermot drily remarked, sending Aliana a playful glance. "This is a costume inspired by a big hero of mine. I feel like I've really tapped into the man's soul. I am James Bond," he assured Conor as he adjusted his bow tie. Fact of the matter was, Dermot wasn't interested in figuring out a fancy dress costume. Going to the effort of finding a costume he wasn't going to wear again and that would no doubt be uncomfortable the whole night. It all just felt like too much effort for what he thought was a nonsense holiday and he used to tell his kids the same.

"Of course you are, mate," Conor played along before flagging down the passing barmaid. "Please can you get my friend here a Martini? Shaken and not stirred?" he requested, to which the young woman hesitated before nodding. Conor then sent Dermot an exaggerated smile, knowing full well the man was a beer or hard liquor kind of man. "Your favourite drink, Mr. Bond."

Dermot slowly nodded his head and looked to Aliana. "Your husband knows me so well," he spoke, clearly hating the idea of drinking the Martini.

Chuckling to himself, Conor got up from the table to collect the drink from the bar. It didn't escape his attention that Michelle was standing at the bar on her own. "Cheers, love," he thanked the barmaid when she handed him the Martini. He then stopped alongside Michelle and nudged her arm with his elbow. "Alright, Catwoman?" he asked her. "Why are you looking so miserable? It's not because I made Emmy work on base tonight, is it?" he asked, already having gotten it in the neck from Emery for her not being able to join the party. "Come to our table and join us. I'm about to force Dermot to drink this Martini. Claims he's here dressed as James Bond."

BasDorcha BasDorcha (Michelle)
Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Aliana)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back