• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
The Windsor Hotel Ballroom
Dublin City Centre, Dublin

VIOLET MURPHY

(Sandy Leather outfit from Grease)
c1cd488092fa40889c83209d4084e2f5.jpg
The chaos in the room almost made it impossible to think straight, bullets being fired from various directions, the sound of feet hitting the carpet as people tried to run for safety as the sounds of screaming and shouting rang through the ballroom, It was almost a sensory overload as Violet tried to calm her rapid heartbeat, The sound of her beating heart filling her ears and making her feel as though she was underwater. But she needed to calm down, to block it all out and think straight.

Chaos breeds chaos.

As tempting as it was to just run for the door and hope to make it to safety in time, Violet knew that it was a stupid move, unless quick enough or having a perfect run to the door they were moving targets out in the open and she didn't particularly feel like being target practice.

Her eyes scanned the room as she tried to find her father, she honestly didn't know in that moment if she wanted him to have gotten out to safety or to have seen them and was going to come to their rescue. She just hoped he was still alive. As she spotted her father now directly across from them, she couldn't help the sense of relief that took over her entire being, he could get them out of this, he could save them, he was probably going to kill her for ending up in this position. The relief unfortunately was short lived as the sound of approaching footsteps could be heard and one look at her father's expression confirmed that they were not friendly soldiers.

Biting her lip in thought Violet looked at Olivia before looking back towards the buffet table, they were sitting ducks under this table and she knew that if they were found it would not be a happy ending for them, while she mightn't be known as Dermot Murphy's daughter, she was currently hiding with James and Lucy's daughter and if anything she needed to get Olivia out of here before being spotted, although she was sure the gunmen weren't biased in who they killed once the victim wasn't one of their own.

The footsteps were getting closer and it was only a matter of seconds before they were on top of them, whether they knew the girls were hiding here or not it didn't matter, the closer they got the more likely it was that they would be seen. Violet caught eye contact with Olivia and nodded towards the buffet table where her father was hiding. At least if they got there they might have a better chance and she hoped Olivia picked up on her plan.

"One ... two...." Violet mouthed the words to Olivia as she readied herself to move, it was going to need to be a quick dash leaving them out in the open for as little time as possible. "Three" Violet waited a second to see Olivia start moving before she also climbed between two chairs keeping as low to the ground as possible.

As Violet climbed out she felt her foot hit of the back of the chair leg, it was like time slowed down and it happened in slow motion, knowing exactly what was about to happen but powerless to stop it as she carried through with the movement pulling her leg forward and with it the chair, almost toppling from the force. "Shit" she muttered quietly, off course she would be the one to blow their cover. Refusing to linger on what she had done, Violet quickly pushed herself up enough to get her feet on the ground before diving towards the table in front of her. The sound of bullets filled the room once more, whizzing past her in her general direction.

Interactions: Dermot & Olivia ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )

Jeremy Gray's Place
~ Bethnal Green, London ~

Spencer King
1670808102151-png.1047823
Spencer had a million thoughts clouding his mind as he remained seated in the lounge. It was why he hadn't consciously acknowledged that someone was at the door. When he sensed the presence of others in the room, he lifted his head up and sat back in his seat to look at Billy and Harper as they came into view. Looking to his youngest brother, it was clear something was upsetting him which in turn confirmed his suspicions from when they'd spoken on the phone a short time ago. As his brother hovered in front of him, Spencer sent him a stare that urged him to speak up. Something was clearly wrong and after the day he'd already had, it made sense more trouble would have come their way.

What Spencer wasn't prepared for was to hear Billy suddenly announce that he had a son. "What?" Spencer asked, a disbelieving smile showing on his face as he thought his brother was winding him up. However, judging by Billy's expression and body language, he was deadly serious. "Alright..." he said, nodding head as he composed his thoughts. He took a moment to think whilst Billy sat himself down across from him, on the sofa with Harper. Before he could say another word, Jeremy entered the room carrying a bassinet which he placed in the centre of the room between them. As Billy thanked Jeremy for kindly lending it to them, Spencer let the news sink in a little longer.

"How? I mean, not how, but this is obviously unexpected..." Spencer commented, hoping Billy would be up for telling them everything. He listened as his brother told them the baby's name and how the boy's mother was dead, leaving him as the only parent - a biological one, at that. Spencer nodded along, taking everything in his stride. But then Billy began to grow more upset, saying he didn't know what he was doing and questioning what would happen if Erik didn't want Charlie in his life. "Get one thing straight, Billy. If Erik don't want to accept your son, then he can fuck right off. Your kid comes first," he asserted.

Billy continued to get worked up, bursting into tears as he said he couldn't raise Charlie on his own. Spencer got up to his feet and moved over to Billy, crouching down in front of him so he was at his eye level. "Look at me," he said, his voice commanding but gentle as he pulled Billy's hands away from in front of his face. "You're not on your own, Billy. You've got all of us here to help you. And there's Bruce, Alex, Darcey, all of our family around here and none of us is going anywhere. It's a shock, of course it is, and you'll have to make some changes and adapt, but I believe in you, mate."

Spencer reached his hand to squeeze Billy's shoulder as he looked him in the eyes. "Come here," he said, pulling his brother in for a firm hug. As he broke away from the gesture, Spencer's attention was drawn to the bassinet as he heard the baby inside begin to cry. After letting out a breath, Spencer stood up and moved to carefully lift the baby - his nephew - up into his arms. Comfortably holding Charlie to his chest, Spencer took a moment to study the baby's features. "Ah, ain't he cute. He's definitely another handsome King," Spencer said, his voice light as he tried to calm the atmosphere. "Did you bring some bottles, any powdered milk with ya?" he asked, pointing to the bag before one of the others fished it out for him whilst he kept secure hold of Charlie.

"I can settle him down if you want, while you wait in here?" Spencer suggested, looking to Harper and Jeremy to keep working on reassuring Billy whilst he would go into the kitchen to make up some milk for his newest nephew.

Bellz Bellz (Harper)
BasDorcha BasDorcha (Jeremy)
Pyroclast Pyroclast (Billy)

Alex King's House

Trevor Stewart and Kerry Patrick

trev-png.1054447
When Alex asked him not to tell Spencer that he'd been talking about him, Trevor nodded his head. The old Trevor would have used such information to hold over another man's head to get what he wanted. He may even have let slip about their conversation purely to wind Spencer up even further. But that wasn't who he was anymore and no matter how much Spencer may continue to hate him, Trevor was not about to cause the siblings to fall out with each other. That was the last thing he wanted. "My lips are sealed. Contrary to popular belief, I'm not here to stir shit between you all."

Trevor let out an awkward laugh when Alex joked about there being a couple of people ready to take him out if he didn't stick to his word and do things properly. "I think I know which two you mean," he commented, with Spencer and Bruce springing to mind. He knew the reason neither of them had gotten rid of him by now was because he'd blackmailed Spencer the last time they tried to force him to leave London and threatened to kill him. Although he had no intention of saying a word about his eldest son's crime, holding it over his head had worked so far. Trevor knew he needed to clear that up, even if admitting he didn't have the photographs nor any intention to go to the cops would put himself at risk. He didn't want his presence in London to be based on him blackmailing his own son, no matter how unlikely it was they'd ever be on good terms.

Trevor stayed silent as Alex processed the news about having more family on the Stewart side. He seemed to take it well, all things considered. "They're good people. No dodgy pasts or any of the kind of shit I've pulled over the years. I can assure you I'm the anomaly." When his son then admitted he didn't know where to take things other than to let time do its thing, Trevor smiled at him. "One step at a time," he agreed. Stepping away from the counter, Trevor pointed towards the front door. "I've taken up enough of your time this evening. I'll let you and the kid watch the film. Thanks for inviting me over and hearing me out. Appreciate it," he sincerely told him.

*****​

1671392746660-png.1050350
Kerry had got the impression she'd shown up to see Harper at a bad time, so she hadn't hesitated to accept the secure ride home that was arranged for her. When she got back to her apartment, she made sure the door was locked from the inside before taking some time to rest after her shift. The longer she spent on the sofa, the less motivated she was to do the housework, so instead decided to spend the rest of the evening watching television.

It hadn't been long before Alex called her and invited her over to his place, with it just being him and Callum there since his guests had left. Kerry jumped at the chance and after tidying her hair, she called for a taxi to take her to Alex's place. Along the way, she reminded herself that she really needed to save up for a car so she didn't need to rely on taxis or having to walk home alone after work.

When she arrived at Alex's place, Kerry knocked on the door and waited for him to answer. When he opened the door, a large, bright and loving smile took over her features. She barely stepped inside before facing him directly, placing her hands on his shoulders then leaning in to give him a passionate kiss. When she pulled away, she kept her hands on his shoulders. "I'm glad you called," she said, getting lost in his eyes for a moment. Snapping out of it for the time-being, her face turned a little more serious. "Are you good? How did things with Spencer go? I went over to Jeremy's place for a bit and Spencer showed up there. I expected you'd both be hanging out for longer," she noted.

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Alex)

Windsor Hotel Charity Gala
~Dublin City Center, Dublin~
Amy Capaldi (Madonna)

1674764253451.pngEverything had been so lovely, so light, and in the blink of an eye it was gone. Amy looked at Braden, and everything moved slowly. She saw the people behind him, at the balcony, and the woman being held with a gun to her head. The sound of bullets rippled through the air, and Braden was pulling her down as everything hit fast forward and jumped into motion. With all the skill and practice she had at high pressure situations finally kicking in, Amy helped barricade them into the spot with table and chairs, turning quickly away as soon as she felt moderately protected for the moment to Danny.

Blood was streaming down his face, he'd been struck in the head with a bullet. She gulped, trying to staunch the blood but Savannah was already holding him, crying that he was gone. "Sav, please, let me look at him." Amy moved in and began running a series of quick, field based test, touching certain spots to get muscle reaction, listening to his heart beat, checking his blood pressure. To keep Savannah busy she had her holding a napkin clothe to his head, stemming any more from escaping as much as possible. His reflexes were responding, even if he wasn't, so that was a good sign. "Savannah, he's going to be okay, but we have to get him out of here to real medical assistance, I can't do much here and now. Listen to me, we're going to make a run for it, it looks like the door has been cleared. I need you to pick up Danny on one side, Braden, I need you on the other. Give me that gun." She held out her hand demandingly, waiting for the gun.

When he gave it to her, she nodded at them both. "Savannah, there's a good chance he's going into a coma, but not dead. His reflex responses are still active, but we all need to pull together and move." Drawing the pistol up to the right position, she held it in front of her, ready to shoot anyone who even so much as glanced in their direction. "Okay, move!" She carefully handled the bullets and metal machine firing off a few bullets here and there when someone would turn in their direction.

Alex King's House

e6760363010b7d09bca16827ddb480aa.jpg
Trevor mentioned that he was an anomaly and Alex couldn't help but start comparing himself to his father again. Was he the most like Trevor, he wondered? Got all the bad bits? He was also something of an anomaly when it came to his more caring and responsible siblings. It was hard not to compare himself, especially after his talk with Harper. "Yeah well," Alex said trying to get out of his head. "We'll figure something out; set it all up. Family's important, especially these days." He gave the man a genuine smile before moving to walk him out. He thanked him for hearing him out and Alex nodded his head. "Gotta start somewhere, right?" After saying his goodbyes Alex moved back to the kitchen towards the phone. Between the intensity of his conversation with Spencer and the uncomfortable one with Trevor, Alex needed a de-stressor. And who better for the job than his loving girlfriend, Kerry?

Hearing the knock on the door he slid the bowl of popcorn from his lap and into Callum's. "Don't eat all of it before I get back, grubby hands." He ruffled the boy's head and pushed himself up from the couch. Upon opening the door he acted as if he hadn't called her, a mischievous grin on his face. "Oh, why hello Kerry. How spooky - I was just wishing you would pop up on my doorstep." He winked at her before stepping back and giving her space to walk in. Her sudden kiss took him a bit off-guard but he wasn't about to complain about it. With his hands resting on her hips he kissed her back and could feel his stomach fluttering. The feeling made him chuckle to himself as they pulled away from each other. "Miss me or something?" The look in her eyes didn't go unnoticed; Alex's face turned a light pink shade. Not wanting her to notice he quickly placed a kiss on her forehead before moving to close and lock the door.

He moved back in front of her and when her face grew serious he had a feeling he knew why. He crossed his arms in front of his chest and leaned against the wall. After letting out a deep sigh he started to explain his night. "I'm more or less in the same boat as Bruce right about now. We were talkin' about Trevor, ya know? I mentioned how he should talk to the guy - come to some sort of understanding. But now, Spence thinks we're all turning our backs on him. Which isn't the case. And then," he sighed, "I forgot I invited Trevor over." He paused to let it sink in, nodding his head. "Fucked up, right? But yeah - I meant to cancel on him and he showed up and Spence was still here. So he's even more pissed now, I bet." Pinching the bridge of his nose, he shook his head before looking back up at her. "How'd he seem when you saw 'im?" He waited for her response before realizing she'd said she'd been at Jeremy's. "Wait, you went to Jeremy's?" With a teasing smile, he narrowed his eyes at her. "What, don't tell me you're gonna break my heart and tell me you secretly want him. He's not more attractive than me, is he? Don't have the whole boyish look thing going for him as well as I do. So maybe you went to see Harper. How is she?"

Trevor, Kerry ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )

The Windsor Hotel
~ Dublin City Centre, Dublin ~

Damian Nicolosi

1674773333547.pngOnce the bullets were fired and chaos had erupted, Damian had been ready to make a smooth and swift departure. Ricky had proved to be a lost cause and Damian wasn't about to risk his own life doing anything more to save the fool's skin. He could have shot Ricky himself, but he gave him that chance at survival for free. The rest was in the troubled Biancardi's own hands.

Damian had exited outside through one of the rear escape routes, but had sighted Teddy rushing back into the hotel, which was somewhat confusing considering the man was meant to remain with Gabriel throughout the mission. Damian followed from a distance and re-entered the hotel, wanting to know what was going on with the men who were meant to meet him outside to make a speedy exit. When he opened the doors and walked down the corridor, he was met by the sight of Teddy knelt down at Gabriel's side, with Bertrum standing close by. The pool of blood around his boss' limp body wasn't an ideal situation, Damian thought.

Hearing Teddy snap at Betrum to let him speak, Damian raised a curious eyebrow. It was only when Teddy announced they were leaving that Damian made his presence known. For a moment, he looked down at Gabriel's bloody, lifeless body. He wasn't a man for mourning or getting upset at death. He watched his own parents be tortured and killed in front of him without shedding a tear, so he wasn't about to get emotional over his boss. Still, he didn't like it. Damian struggled to respect anyone and he certainly didn't take orders from people. Gabriel had been different. The man had not only shown Damian respect, but he'd embraced his skills and gave him a platform to thrive under. Dare he even say, he respected his boss in return. The man had been decisive, ruthless and strong-willed. Damian didn't know of anyone else like him and he had to wonder if his job would be as satisfying under new management.

Of course, Damian had to remind himself the present situation wasn't about himself just yet. Most people craved sympathy in these situations. Teddy was clearly upset over Gabriel's death and he had to respond appropriately. "Who did this?" Damian asked, his eyes fixed on the lifeless body of his boss. Snapping his focus away, he looked to Teddy and sent him a solemn nod. "This is a huge loss. You have my condolences. Gabriel was one of a kind..." he trailed off. He glanced to Bertrum before looking Teddy in the eyes. "But we all need to get out of here," he said, briefly looking to Gabriel as he said it. "Ricky failed and Julia fled, so we don't need to wait for them. I suspect Ricky is in a similar position to Gabriel right now."

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Teddy)

Dermot Murphy and Olivia Sullivan

1671281106840-png.1050078
Dermot had managed to compose himself and get enough of a handle to block out the pain in his arm. Just as he was about to stand up and open fire on the two gunmen who were getting dangerously close to his daughter, he noticed Violet and Olivia getting ready to make a run from their position under the table. He held his position, not wanting to risk either of them getting caught in any crossfire if he started shooting at that moment. The two young women made their move towards him. However, seeing his daughter's foot get caught in a tangle with the chair leg, Dermot gripped his gun, ready to put himself in full view of the attackers to divert their attention on to him. Thankfully, Violet recovered, with Olivia's help, and the two shuffled to safety behind the buffet table with him.

At the same time, the two gunmen began firing off bullets, none of which managed to hit anyone. With a stare, he commanded Violet and Olivia to stay hidden. He waited for a moment for the men to stop shooting, then focused on listening to their footsteps. As they sped up and got louder, Dermot stood up and opened fire, almost firing off the bullets indiscriminately as he shared the AK-47s aim between them. Despite them both being hit multiple times, they fired out some reflexive bullets in return, but none made an impact and Dermot ducked back down before any more could. There was a short silence before Dermot peered under the buffet table to see both men collapse on the floor in their own blood.

Dermot took a moment to assess his wound, which Michelle had made a quick job of patching up earlier. He wasn't worried about it, but there was still some discomfort and limitation to his arm's movement. He loosened his grip on the gun and handed it to Olivia, knowing she'd been trained by James. "You can cover us when we make our escape out of that door," he said, pointing to the exit Conor and the others had fled through. As he took a moment to asses the situation around them, his looked to his daughter. "What are you doing here, Violet?!" he firmly asked her. "Lesson for the future, which Olivia should have known full well, is if I'm on duty somewhere or if the Sullivans are having a party, you stay well away. Your mother would have a fucking field day hearing about the danger she'll say I got you in to," he grumbled.

"Not all of my family's parties end up like this," Olivia commented, rolling her eyes as she positioned the AK-47 ready to fire if needed. She was sure Lucy would hate it, but if she couldn't use the training James had given her now, when could she?

Catching himself, Dermot cleared his throat and placed his hand on Violet's shoulder. "Are you alright, though? Whilst we could just hide here, I'd rather get you out of here and to real safety," he reassured her.

neverbackdown neverbackdown (Violet)

Alex King's House

Kerry Patrick

When Alex asked if she'd missed him, Kerry coyly bit her bottom lip before nodding her head. "Yeah, I guess I did," she told him. She was about to comment on his blushing before he moved in to kiss her forehead then stepped aside to lock the door.

Still facing him as he leaned against the wall, Kerry listened as Alex told her how things with Spencer had gone. She was aware the eldest King sibling had fallen out with Bruce a few weeks ago and still wasn't exactly on speaking terms with the man. Now it seemed like Alex had found himself in the same position with Spencer. "I could've put money on Trevor being the reason," she commented. Though it wasn't aimed at Trevor directly or criticising the man, she was fully aware how sensitive a subject he was for the likes of Spencer. Alex then explained how he'd forgotten to cancel Trevor coming over and that Spencer had been there when the man arrived at the house, causing Kerry to visible grimace. "I don't know, Alex. Sure, it would have been better to avoid Spencer and Trevor bumping into each other. But at the end of the day, if you want to speak to Trevor and approach issues you have with him, then why shouldn't you? Spencer is well within his right to want nothing to do with him, but he can't stop you from resolving your own issues your way," she reasoned.

Alex asked her how Spencer was when she'd seen him a short time ago. She took a moment to think, in case she'd missed any signs, before shrugging her shoulders. "He actually seemed fine. He was giving the usual banter, joking around with us," she explained. "Granted, he could have been doing a good job at masking how he was really feeling, especially if he didn't want to dampen Harper's spirit," she suggested.

When he drew attention to her going to Jeremy's, she playfully slapped the top of his arm. "I guess my secret's out, huh? I've been lusting after Jeremy all along," she joked, with a playful laugh. With a shy smile, she blushed as she looked into Alex's eyes. Truth was, she only had eyes for one man and he was standing in front of her. As a nervous feeling overcame her, she readied herself to speak up, to tell him how much she really cared about him. Before she could get the words out, Alex asked how Harper was. "Harper? Oh. She... I think she's still struggling to adjust to being home after staying in that hospital. It'll take some time," she softy assured him. "You Kings are tough, so I'm sure she'll pull through."

Lucy Porter
The Windsor Hotel - Office

~ Dublin City Center, Dublin ~

🎶Pairs well with: Here, There and Everywhere by the Beatles 🎶
tumblr_oe8entDbE71qzkueso8_400.gifv
Lucy was about to tell him to shut it, in the nicest way of course, when he started to tell her that he was fine. Fortunately, he stopped himself but that didn't do Lucy any favors as that set off several alarms in her head that things were so much more serious than before. He never stopped himself from saying it, never. It was like a reflex and Lucy's throat tightened as she tried to get her bearings. His hand reached out, stroking her cheek with his thumb and she about unraveled altogether.

For a moment, everything around them just seemed to disappear and her eyes got lost in his as they had every day for the nearly 40 years they had been together. "I love you too, James." She managed to get out, and a sob tore through her chest. His hand guided hers towards the wound in his abdomen and she understood immediately what she needed to do. Her heart was shattering into a million pieces as he said there were three separate ones but the one he was asking her to put pressure on was the worst of them.

Lucy knew that she needed to find something else to put on it. The neckerchief in his hands was soaked and would do no good now. Looking around her quickly, she saw someone's sweatshirt on the office chair and moved to grab it. "Hold on, love." Lucy told James, moving to grab it in three quick strides as she stood before quickly moving back to him. "Just breathe, okay? It's going to be okay. You're going to be..." Lucy was about to say fine, a true hypocrite for all the years that she spent nagging him about saying that to her even when she felt he wasn't fine. But at this moment, she felt she needed to speak it into existence. She needed him to be okay.

"You're going to be fine." Her voice was barely above a whisper as she said this before she pressed the fabric against the wound on his abdomen. Any wincing he did, she hastily apologized for the blood coating her hands quicker than she could think. They needed someone to help but she knew that she couldn't leave him, not when he couldn't apply enough pressure to his own wound.

In that small office, with all the chaos still happening outside, Lucy knew that someone could walk in any minute and finish the both of them off. If that was what the universe intended for them, then she would make sure every moment they had left was made comfortable for her husband. "I just need you to hold on, okay? Once we get you out of here, the worst of it all will be over. Gabriel...he's...dead. I found him in the hallway looking like hell. I...finished it." Lucy watched her husband's face as she pressed the wound a little more, putting as much pressure as she could despite the shaking of her limbs from all the adrenaline.

"You and I, we can go where we want to now. Wherever you want to go, a proper retirement. Trade the rolling hills of green in Ireland for vineyards in France, or the beach...wherever your heart desires to go...we can make it happen. I don't want to go anywhere without you, James." The blonde looked towards the doors, making sure no one was trying to get in that wasn't welcome but she did silently will one of their men to find them. He needed medical attention and fast. "36 years together isn't nearly long enough for me. I'm going to need at least another 30 out of you. We can be in our 90s, telling kids to slow down from our porch while we reminisce about the good ole days. Really step into that old man persona that everyone seemed to give you. You'd be a natural at it." Her voice was strained as she looked at the blood that was already soaking through the thick sweatshirt, coating her hands further in it. "I love you." She said again, wondering if it was going to be the last time she would be able to say it to him. Tears stained her cheeks as she squeezed her eyes shut for just a moment. Someone had to know that they were in here, someone had to find them.
with: James Misty Gray Misty Gray ; (SOMEONE HELP LOL)

Alex King's House

If Alex had been asked to share the things that were bothering him, he would've shrugged it off and claimed he was okay. But with Kerry, it felt so natural. He didn't need to put up a front nor did he feel the desire to when they were together. In just a couple of months, the man was changing his tune and he liked to think both his son and the woman in front of him were to thank for it. He took a deep breath and nodded at the mention of it clearly being Trevor's fault. "Even with the best of intentions, the bloke has managed to make my life hell. Very unique skill, I believe." When she began to reason with him and express her thoughts, Alex slowly smiled. Kerry was a very opinionated woman and voiced them without a care in the world. Yet another thing he loved about her. "I agree," he smirked, "But... I also don't care for ripples within the family when we've been struggling the last couple of months. How ironic is it for me to say I'd like a little peace for once?"

Listening to her update he was surprised at how well he kept his temper in check; that he had even gone over to Jeremy's, to begin with. He figured the man would go home and stew to his wife, but he hadn't. "Good. Needs to keep it to himself and not bother Harper with his grumpy attitude," he said rolling his eyes. "I mean, I get it. His anger at Trevor and why he doesn't think he deserves a goddamn thing but... He can't hold on to that anger forever, can he? He'll go grey and bald before his kid starts walking."

Kerry teased him back when talking about Jeremy, playfully saying she'd been lusting after the man. He knew she was joking - narrowing his eyes at her before shaking his head. "Yeaaaaah right. He's too broody," he joked. Alex liked the fact that Kerry was able to keep up with him. That she was just as playful and made him smile and laugh so much. He could feel something shift in between them, a moment they were sharing that he didn't want to end. It made him feel warm inside and unlike anything he had ever experienced before. It would have to wait until she finished updating him on his sister's well-being. He nodded his head in agreement about her adjusting, but he still hadn't fully wrapped his head around things. The past couple of times he'd gone to see her, she wasn't exactly herself. That witty, younger sibling attitude wasn't as present as it used to be and Alex only hoped she could get some semblance of it back. "I hope so," he softly said, trying not to get too worked up about it. "Well thank you for that lovely update," he joked, trying to lighten the mood. "Now, would you like a drink before we join the kid?"

Kerry ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )

~Dublin~
Theodore 'Teddy' Wycliff
7f4db8ba3dafd2d0f5be4aae46153a4b.jpg
Had Bertrum not been there and Damian been the enemy, Teddy would have been dead. He'd been so lost in thought, so lost in the fact that his boss and father-in-law were dead that he didn't even notice the man run up to them. He couldn't get the muddled voices out of his head - Elvian, Valentina, Tatiana - all merging together with them wanting to make sure they both made it home alive. The promise, the guarantee that he'd made was no longer viable because he'd gone and failed. "I should've brought him with me," he muttered, finally noticing Damian's presence. "I dont- I don't know," he sniffled. Though he was clearly upset he was still trying to hide the fact that he'd just been crying. He didn't want Damian to see that side of him even if he already had. The man gave his condolences and Teddy immediately waved them off. "Save it for his family."

Damian then repeated Bertrum's words from moments ago before giving him a rundown of things. Teddy managed to tear his eyes away from Gabe as confusion settled on his face. Teddy thought Ricky understood what was at stake. That Julia was able to influence him well enough to where something like this wouldn't happen. Yet again, he was so very fucking wrong. He'd placed his trust in the Biancardi family and both times it was proven that he shouldn't have. "I should've fucking known," he growled. Hearing Ricky was more than likely dead at this point, he nodded. "Good. He's failed one too many fucking times and it's about time he's been dealt with." It was hard hearing himself say something like this, considering he'd thought of Ricky as a friend. He and Val had even gone on a double date with Ricky and Julia. Now here he was hoping he was dead. But that's how this worked in business, right?

Taking a deep breath, Teddy knew both Damian and Bertrum were right. Things were coming to a head and none of them needed, nor wanted to be there when the cops showed up. He did what he needed, steeled his nerves and forced himself to stand up. "Yeah," he repeated. "Yeah, yeah, yeah." He could feel his chest get heavy once more, his emotions wanting to break through his barrier but he couldn't let them. He wasn't going to. "Alright. We're not leavin' him here like this so. B-Bertrum-," the guard cut him off, not even needing the man to finish his words. "I got it." Teddy couldn't even watch as Bertrum carefully picked up Gabriel's lifeless body. Instead, he turned to Damian and nodded his head towards the door. "Car's out front and our escape is waiting for us. Let's go."

Damian ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )

Phil:

Watching the kids leaved warmed Phil's heart. He loved his family dearly, and watching his son spread his wings and go out into the world always made him happy. What made him happier though was looking at his wife and the beautiful smile she had. After paying the waiter and leaving a nice tip, he escorted her to the car and headed to All That Jazz, the club frequented by the locals. The place was a small, hole in the wall club that was much too popular for its size, but it was part of its aesthetic. Once in the door, Phil winked and pointed to the dance floor.

"So what's first, my Angel, dancing, drinking, find a table? Where would you like to start? The kids are our having their fun, I think it's time we have ours before the night is over. " He wrapped his arm around her waist and held her close while he took in the scene around them. A typical night, the music was swinging, a light fog of smoke filled the air, and everyone was dressed to impress. Mentally, his mind turned to his brother, he'd love this kind of scene he thought. Well, at least, he always pictured he would, he didn't really know the man well enough now to know what he liked.

"I've been thinking… And I know you might not like it, but I'd like to bring Trevor over, introduce him to the kids, they've never met their uncle. Abel just barely. Did you know he has five kids? Five nieces and nephews we've never met, or who have never met their cousins. I think it's time to put a stop to that, what do you think?"

Abel:

Taking Alice's hand and covering it with his own, trapping it on his arm. "About two blocks down. They make the best Sunday's. Then the Theatre is just a few blocks past that. Hope you're okay for the walk." He grinned, teasing her playfully. "If you indulged a bit much, you can lean on me, I'll keep you steady." There was a glimmer in his eyes that almost came across as chivalrous as he began to guide them down the sidewalk.

"So tell me more about you. You seem so sweet and responsible, but what do you do when you're not being the ideal girl next door?" As they walked, the crowds passed in slow streams around them, Abel paying almost no mind to anyone except to avoid bumping into them. When the ice cream shop came into play, he pulled the door open and held it for her, a light hand touching her back as she passed and he dipped in behind her, a move he had learned from his dad no doubt.

Misty Gray Misty Gray - Sarah/Alice

Dublin City Centre, Dublin

VIOLET MURPHY

(Sandy Leather outfit from Grease)
c1cd488092fa40889c83209d4084e2f5.jpg
Violet silently watched as her father stood up and began to shoot back at the attackers, who were now a little too close for comfort. Her breath caught in her throat as she silently prayed her father wouldn't get hit again. Only releasing the breath as he ducked back down behind cover. The silence was deafening as they waited, following her father's actions Violet peaked towards the men and noticed they were dead. Relief flooded into her body but she knew they were not out of the thick of it yet, she was sure there was still gunmen somewhere in the room ready to attack if they made themselves known.

Her eyes were drawn to her father's injuries, the blood seeping through the ribbon, her face scrunching for a second at the realisation of what it was, her mind trying to place who it could belong to before shaking the thought from her head, it was not important right now instead she was about to ask was he ok but the question was left unsaid as her father handed Olivia the gun. A small smirk played on her lips as she looked at Olivia now holding the gun in position, she wasn't aware that Olivia knew how to handle firearms but being honest she wasn't overly surprised based on who Olivia's family were, she was sure all the kids knew how to handle themselves. The smirk fell as her father addressed her, the hostility clear in his voice and expression, she knew her previously meditated excuse would hold no power here and as much as she hated to admit it he was right, it was a stupid and dangerous decision to come here tonight.

The softer tone in her father's voice almost caught her off guard and she caught his eyes with a soft smile playing on her lips "Yeah I'm ok" she said softly her eyes drifting towards the exit as he mentioned getting to safety before looking back at her father "Yeah i agree and you need to get that looked at" she nodded towards his injured arm, an almost stern tone present in her voice, knowing her father she was sure he was going to continue running around the hotel until everyone else was out safe but he was bleeding from a gunshot wound and whilst it mightn't be the worst injury here, she didn't want him to bleed out before he got it stitched up.

Violet looked around the room before carefully following her father towards the exit, taking extra care not to get caught on a chair again as they moved. Once out of the room Violet looked around before her eyes landed on Olivia "Fun party" she commented jokingly. "Are you ok?" she asked with a more serious tone to her voice as she looked her friend over to make sure she was unharmed.

Misty Gray Misty Gray - Olivia/Dermot

Alex King's House

Kerry Patrick

Kerry hadn't had much of a family to have to worry about causing ripples amongst. Granted, her grandparents who raised her were strict and conservative. But other than those arguments as a teenager, she hadn't had to worry about her family falling out. Having been around the Kings for as long as she had, she understood completely why Alex wanted to avoid causing any ripples within his family. They were an outspoken and hot-headed bunch, but given their history she found it reasonable that they were prone to blow ups. What she also knew from her time around them was that they always made good in the end. Despite everything, they were a close family who had always had each others' backs since the beginning. "Alex King, seeking peace?" she lightly commented. "Your brother will come around. You lot have been through worse together and he's smart enough to know being mad at you won't solve anything."

Kerry cracked a smile when Alex made a comment about Spencer going grey and bald if he kept holding on to his anger. "Surely not! I've yet to meet a member of your family who doesn't have a full-bodied head of hair," she lightly remarked.

After she'd updated him on Harper, Alex made a point of trying to lighten the mood and offered her a drink before they joined Callum. "A drink would be great," she accepted his offer. Despite her words, she seemed hesitant and reluctant to take a step forward. After clearing her throat, she reached for his hand to pull him back towards her and waited for him to be facing her. "Alex, I... I'm so glad we gave this a shot. That we both put our faith in each other and made the effort," she told him. Since her ordeal in New York, Kerry had avoided getting too close to men on an emotional level. She'd never found anyone she was willing to share her past mistakes and traumas with, never mind trust them to be able to handle knowing the truth. But things with Alex were different. She never felt like she had to hold back with him. Even with his family in business with Gabriel, she still felt comfortable enough to tell Alex about the monster's part in her suffering. Every reason she'd had to hold back in the past had been pushed aside with Alex enough that she didn't feel like there was a barrier between them. "Alex, I love you," she told him, her eyes by now looking deep into his. "I should have said it sooner, but I'm saying it now. I've never felt this way about anyone before." Although she could hear Callum calling out for them to join him watching the film, she couldn't take her eyes off of the man standing in front of her as she awaited his response.

The Windsor Hotel - Upper Level

James Porter

1674244985919-png.1059198
James remained laying on his back as Lucy rushed to retrieve a sweatshirt which she could use to press against his bleeding abdominal wound. When she returned to him, she told him to breathe and then stopped short of telling him he was going to be fine. Even in his dire state, he couldn't help the glint in his eyes as he caught his wife almost using the phrase she'd told him off so many times for using. When she then did repeat herself and complete her sentence to say he was going to be fine, a faint smile formed on his lips. "Stealing my words, huh?" he breathlessly commented.

He focused on his wife's face as she continued to speak, urging him to hold on. Hearing that Gabriel was dead brought at least some relief to him - grateful that if he was about to die himself, he could do so knowing Moretti was defeated. Hearing Lucy reveal she was the one who killed Gabriel, James faintly smiled at her. "Good. You did good," he reassured her. Having lost so many friends, family, and employees to the Italian, including his own brother, James was glad to hear Gabriel had finally been taken down for good.

As Lucy continued to speak, talking of having a real retirement and moving to live wherever he desired, he reached to rest his hand on top of hers as she continued applying pressuring to his wound. "Definitely somewhere quieter," he went along with her suggestions. "I've been an old man since my 20s. Can you imagine how bad I'd be in 30 more years?" he remarked at the idea of living into his 90s. "Every one of those years has been perfect, because of you," he told her, pausing to catch his breath back. He was a realist, but he knew Lucy needed something to hold on to, some kind of hope he was going to make it out of the room alive. But what if playing along meant he never got chance to actually say goodbye. "I love you too, Luce. Always," he told her. "You're the strongest person I know. You can overcome anything. No matter what happens, you'll get through it, with or without me. Luce..." he said, squeezing her hand. "If this is our last... My last wish would be for you to kiss me right now," he softly told her.

Bellz Bellz (Lucy)

Around the City of London
~ City of London, London ~

Sarah Stewart and Alice Carroll

1671586930295-png.1051034
Sarah stepped into the club and followed Philip's focus towards the dance floor. When her husband asked what she wanted to do first, she pointed in the direction of the tables. "Let's find a table and get some drinks in," she told him. She was a decisive woman, so tended to know straight away what she wanted to do without dithering around or trying to read too much into things. When he said it was time they had their fun, she let out a small laugh. "Damn right it's time we have fun. Those young freeloaders living in our house have more than their fair share of it," she joked.

Once they found an empty table, Sarah sat across from Philip, wasting no time in flagging down a waiter to take their drinks order. When her husband started off a sentence by saying he'd been thinking, Sarah let out a playful scoff. "Steady on there, love. Don't think too hard," she teased him. When he continued by saying she might not like it and then mentioned his brother's name, Sarah's smile dropped. Philip suggested inviting Trevor over and letting him meet their kids. She raised a sceptical eyebrow when her husband mentioned the man had five kids. "Five that we... and he... know about," she remarked, rolling her eyes.

Sarah was fully aware of how stubborn and judgemental she could be, but given what Trevor had put his brother and other family members through, she still felt justified to be apprehensive. "What do I think?" she repeated Philip's words as she took a moment to think about it. "I think he'd need to come with a disclaimer. 'Hey kids, this is your Uncle Trevor. A walking anti-drugs advertisement!' Maybe we should install a revolving door for him to use when he's ready to ditch, while we're at it," she remarked. She paused for a moment as their drinks were brought to them. The brief break gave her a moment to think and ask herself if she was being unreasonable. "I mean... You're his brother. You know him better than I do. Do you really believe he's not going to let us down and he's going to stick around?" she asked, softening her tone.

*********​

1671586951001-png.1051035
Alice nodded with enthusiasm when Abel explained how far the dessert shop and the theatre were. "I'm good with the walk. I enjoy walking and exploring," she told him. She looked up to him and smiled at his chivalrous behaviour. She was sure he was the kind of guy her parents would be happy to meet. Granted, her mother would be happy no matter who she brought home - idealising any situation and overly romanticising everything as she often did. Her father was much more cautious and harder to please, but Alice couldn't imagine what he could possibly find in Abel to criticise.

"You think I'm sweet and responsible, huh?" she asked, flashing a smile. "Aside from studying, I mostly just hang out with my friends or help look out for my mum if my dad is away on business," she explained. She figured she may need to elaborate on her mother, but they'd arrived at the ice-cream shop and Abel opened the door for her. "Thank you, Sir," she playfully said as he held the door open for her. She felt his hand touch her back and subtly allowed herself to lean a little more into the gesture.

Once they were at their table, she studied the menu as she took a moment to relax her mind and remind herself Abel was good company who she'd already been comfortable eating in front of. Once they ordered their ice-cream, Alice decided to finish what she'd started saying earlier. "The reason I mentioned looking after my mother is because she has a psychological disorder. She's much better with it these days, but when I was younger, she'd have some bad episodes, ended up being locked away in a hospital a couple of times." Alice recalled how the other kids in her class had often found it amusing and made derogatory comments about her "crazy" mother. "I suppose it's quite a heavy thing to tell someone on a first date and while waiting for ice-cream, but I figure you should know now. Then if you want to run a mile, neither of us is attached yet, right?" she lightly remarked. Despite her relaxed demeanour, it was clear in her eyes that she had been hurt in the past. She wanted to give him chance to escape now, before getting hurt by being dumped again because of some guy's unease about her mother's disorder.

BasDorcha BasDorcha (Philip, Abel)

Last edited:
The Mayfair Restaurant
Philip and Abel Stewart
3357a6810750a699adaa75ed1ab3ef4a.png
One thing Phil loved about his wife was that he never had to wonder if she really wanted something. When she made up her mind, it was made up, and she didn't waste time second guessing it. As they neared the table, he kissed her head, then slid in after helping her with her seat. He knew his wife was giving him a hard time, and perked a taunting eyebrow at her as if to call her silently out for doing so, but the smile on his lips said he didn't really mind. Instead, she reacted much the way he expected her to react - with hesitations and a bit of sarcasm. He knew that no matter what, she was going to love him, so nothing ruffled his feathers much when she spoke her mind about things and whether or not they were to her liking.

He also knew that she was only looking out for him and their family. "I'll make sure to put up a warning label before he comes in the door. When their drinks arrived, he sipped his pensively while listening to her and letting her turn the idea over in her head. "I think he's trying, love. He's already surprised me, and I'm by no means defending what he's done in the past, but that's just that, innit? The past. People change, we've changed, we're not quite the young Bonnie and Clyde, go wild couple we were when we were younger. The only way to find out is to give him a chance, though if he does fuck this one up, I can't see there being another."

He listened to the music, before turning back to her, "Besides, don't you think the kids deserve to know their cousins? The kids - both sides mind you, woman - didn't ask for any of this and are all victims of him. I don’t think there's a way to get to know them without involving Trevor, so it's kind of a packaged deal. Still… I want to believe that family wins in the end, and that seems to be what is happening with the man. He's realized all the empty things in the world can't replace the way a loving family is. Nothing but that realization is ever enough to change someone, and I think he's maybe made his way to the bottom of that infinite pit he dug and is now trying to climb back out. A hard, long lesson, but maybe one learned none the less." His hand found hers, thumb caressing the back of her hand absently while he swirled his drink and looked between the liquid and her in alternating waves.

************​

4fd661566188aaac2ed9a5c6c093024b.jpg
To say Abel was enjoying himself was an understatement. He was definitely loving every minute of this. Alice had a kind of soft but open manner to her that endearing already, and he wanted more of it. As they looked over the menu and she talked, miles away from his father and mother, it was funny how similar the two were. He listened quietly, taking in everything she said, before he closed the menu and smiled, nodding at her.

"See, I was right, sweet and responsible. It's very much both those things if your mother is in need of assistance and you're willing to be the one to provide it. Most people our age wouldn't feel so inclined to help, they're too focused on themselves." He grinned, "And don't worry, I don't mind heavy, I'm pretty strong, I think I can handle it." He winked playfully, pointing to a Sunday Delight on the menu. "This one is pretty good, they just took and amped up a normal Sunday into one with all kinds off toppings and optional add ins. We can share one if you like?" Abel had never been one for a lot of trouble - couple fights, skipped school occasionally, had dithered with drugs and alcohol before coming of age a few times, but nothing serious, so his story had much less to include than hers.

In fact, Abel had a pretty normal and boring life up to this point. He went to school, went to work, spent some time with friends in his free time, and repeated the cycle. The most interesting thing about him was probably just how easily talkative he was. He blushed a bit, wishing he had more to tell her about himself, but his mind just stayed blank. He didn't have a parent that needed help, or a crazy experience to go on about, just normal things that grew boring when everyone had heard the same stories before. Maybe that was why he was feeling so spontaneous at the moment, wanting to do something out of form and create a unique beginning story for them. It didn't matter if it didn't last long, or lasted forever, at least it would be a memory for them later on in life.

Misty Gray Misty Gray - Alice and Sarah

Alex King's House
"I know, I know," Alex chuckled, "Me? The chaotic brother trying to keep the peace within his family? Some days I don't even recognize myself." Despite the light tone of his voice, he meant what he said. The idea of him ever changing seemed more like an idea than a reality. He couldn't seem to wrap his head around everything that had been happening lately. None of it seemed to be real. Some days he was waiting for the other shoe to drop until he was reminded that he should live in the moment. "Always the voice of reason, aren't you?" He smiled.

"Drink it is," he said before starting to walk towards the kitchen. He'd only taken a step forward when he felt her hand in his. Alex immediately stopped, turning around to face her. With a confused look on his face, he slightly tilted his head. "You okay?" The moment she started to tell him she was glad they were together he blushed and a large smile appeared on his face. He could feel his heart pounding, wondering if she would be able to hear and understand what her words were doing to him. Kerry had made him feel things he'd never felt before and while he worried about it, he still embraced it. He wasn't going to run away anymore and try to escape the unknown; instead wanting to dive right into it and accept whatever happened. Wanting to give her a chance to finish her thought he remained quiet.

He hadn't been expecting her to tell him she loved him. For a moment he stood there taking it all in convincing himself this was real life. It took a few seconds and when he finally did he gently pulled her into him and wrapped his arms around her waist. "Kerry Patrick," he said, looking down at her. His face had gone even redder than before and that giddy smile on his face wouldn't disappear. "Kerry, Kerry, Kerry. Do you know how long I've been waiting to hear you say those words?" He was trying his best to keep his cool, but it wasn't working out. Moving his hands up to gently caress her cheeks he placed a kiss on her forehead. "I love you too. And I- I genuinely mean it, Ms. Patrick. Next to Callum, you're the best thing to ever happen to me and I'm happy you took a chance on a fuck up," he joked. He chuckled and pressed his lips against hers before pulling back to playfully kiss all over her face, only stopping when he heard Callum calling for them. "We'll be there in a second, kid," he told him before looking at her with more love in his eyes than before. "Would you like to stay the night, Ms. Patrick? Callum and I would love it if you did."

Kerry ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )

~Dublin~
Reina Richards
6fdec1621e700d3f4f536cadaf9b6e01.jpg
Reina found herself in more high-intensity situations in Dublin than she had in New York. A fancy Halloween party had turned into a warzone in a matter of seconds. One second she was Lieutenant Uhura, having laughs with Braden who was dressed as Captain Kirk. The next, she was taking cover behind a flipped table trying to get to Roxie. She didn't like that she'd been so far away when the action started but that didn't matter. Syd had taken care of things in that regard; violently at that. But she was in no position to judge. So long as her boss and friend were protected she didn't really care how it was done. Crouching behind the table she did her best to glance around without getting hit. Bullets ricocheted around her and she cursed, waiting for a moment to fire back. It was a split second before she was able to do so - Moretti guards around her taking turns in between reloads. They were smart and calculated and she was struggling to find an opening.

She'd been on the other side of the ballroom, closer to a few doors. Reina figured if she could slip into one of them she would be able to find a way out and around; sneak up on the guards on the balconies. It was a gamble, of course, considering how many guns were going off around her, but she didn't have much of a choice. Taking a deep breath she pressed her back against the table and closed her eyes. "If I die here, I'm gonna be so pissed," she muttered. The last thing she wanted was to die in a Star Trek costume. Finally steeling herself and her nerves she let off a round of random shots before quickly running into a random room and slamming the door behind her. Her back was pressed against it as she tried to catch her breath, unaware of both Lucy and James just then. It wasn't until she opened her eyes that she finally had.

Seeing the puddle of blood around James Reina was shocked. Her mouth hung open and for a few seconds, her mind went blank. "Shit." She stumbled towards him, quickly getting to her knees by his side. Looking him over he could tell he'd been shot three times. She wasn't sure what to start with. His abdomen? Hip? Knee? He was bleeding profusely and it looked like Lucy had been trying to plug the wound in his abdomen. Her hands were shaking and Reina knew there might not have been enough pressure. "Lucy," she said, trying to get her attention. "Hey, I need you to listen to me, okay?" Reina placed her pistol closer to Lucy nodding at it. "Take that," she said, wasting no time in ripping open James' shirt where the bullet had gone through. She talked both James and Lucy through everything she was doing; gently lifting James to see if the bullet had gone through. Using the sweatshirt Lucy had she placed it underneath him to stop the bleeding from the back. Reina looked around for something else she could use for the entry wound, spotting a towel nearby. She asked Lucy to hand it to her and once she had, she applied pressure and made sure to keep her hold firm.

"Lucy, I need something else from you," she said, looking from James to his wife. She could hear James' ragged breathing and she was already sure she knew the answer to her question. "You know how to check a heart rate manually," she asked. If yes, she didn't bother with instructions instead telling her to let her know what it was. If no, she explained the process and did the math herself. "You're gonna be okay," she reassured him before turning to Lucy. "He's gonna be okay, but we need to get out of here, sooner rather than later otherwise-," she paused. Reina wasn't the most sympathetic person in the world but seeing the looks on both of their faces she didn't dare say it. "When the shooting dies down, swap with me. You need to rest your muscles, okay?"

Blake McCarthy
The Windsor Hotel - outside

8144A71D-47EA-4E68-8053-7A65083EEB75.jpeg
The second the chaos started Blake was looking for a way out. Her flight or fight instincts had kicked in as if they hadn't skipped a beat since the last time they were in a mess like this. Luckily, they had all managed to get out of the building unscathed. But she wasn't stupid enough to think that it was over. Adam turned to her and she knew without a doubt in her mind that he was going to go back inside. It was his job after all.

There were some strong feelings that were threatening to choke her but she pushed them down, knowing that despite her mind urging her to tell him to stay, she needed to let him go. Blake returned the kiss and when he pulled away and told her he'd be back she nodded her head, "You better." She offered an uneasy smile before saying back, "I love you too." When he was gone, Blake turned to Jasmine. "We should get everyone together and get them out of harms way, who knows who is around here right now." Before she could act on any of what she was saying, Ali was walking towards her, looking like she was about to faint.

Any chance of rounding everyone up would have to wait. Her best friend needed her and that was all that mattered in that moment. "Hey Al." Blake murmured, her tone soft and she tried to not look as shaken for her friend as she was clearly anxious enough. Blake wrapped her arms around Ali and hugged her tightly, shushing her lightly to try to calm her as her hand went to hair. Ali was shaking so hard that Blake was baffled that she hadn't fallen over yet. She was sure she was shaking as well, after what they all went through in there. But she had to try to keep it together, if not for herself or for Adam, who was now back inside, then at least for Ali right now.

"Adam and Chase got Jasmine and I out quickly. I'm just glad you are okay and Michelle. Who-" She hesitated in asking who else was still inside, looking around and only seeing a small amount of people that they knew. Blake's throat tightened as she realized that a lot of the family were still inside. Ali hugged her tightly again and Blake returned it trying her best not to think about the others right now. Ali's worry was making Blake worried for her. Describing it all to her, it sounded like she was having a panic attack.

"Oh Ali, it's going to be okay. I promise." Blake said softly trying her best not to let anything else show on her face besides her certainty that people were going to be okay. It was the only thing she could do to keep Ali sane, to keep herself sane. Sirens sounded from not too far away and a few cop cars pulled up sloppily into the roundabout driveway of the venue.

"We need to get a headcount, can you help me do that? We can get those who are out here out of the way of the ambulances and cops, you think you can help me with that?" Blake looked to her friend, pulling away slightly so that she could take her face in her hands, wiping any tears away with her thumbs. "I won't let anything happen, okay? I got a gun tucked away into this skirt believe it or not. We'll be okay."
with: Ali Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess ; was with: Adam Misty Gray Misty Gray
nearby: Michelle BasDorcha BasDorcha ; Jasmine Misty Gray Misty Gray

Braden Callahan
The Windsor Hotel Ballroom - almost outside

5EE1CFBD-8E18-4355-80EC-890E0106479E.jpeg
Amy was telling Sav to let her look at Danny and Braden had heard it a few times to where he turned around a looked at his sister openly. She was frozen on the spot. "Savvy! You have to listen to me!" Before he could say anything more, a bullet tore through part of the table to his immediate left, right on the edge causing him to freeze too. Turning to where he had seen the bullet come from, his head peaked around the table barely and saw a few men on the ground, taking care of whoever was stupid enough to still be around. Braden shot at one, taking him down in an instant with a few bullets to the chest. He turned around to look at his sister now and Amy who was taking a look at Danny who wasn't responsive.

Listening to his sister, he could hear the desperation in her voice and it about broke his heart into two pieces. "Sav, we are getting you both out of here! Don't talk like that!" He told her, his voice firm but gentle as he then looked to Amy as she gave out orders. The doors were clear, they could get a straight shot out of there if they timed it right. "Alright, Sav come on, I need you to help me with him. Sooner we get him out those doors the sooner he can get attention." On the tables in front of them and to their side, he could see the ambulance lights bouncing off of them. There was help on the outside.

But the more he looked at his sister, the more he realized that she was in no space to help pick Danny up. Deciding against having her help, Braden looked to Amy. "I'll pick him up, cover the back, Savvy you are going to get in the middle of us. Let's go!" With that, he moved to position himself in a way that he could grab Danny without dropping him at all on their way out. Braden's back protested as he picked the man up in his arms bridal style. "Jesus." He muttered. The man was heavier than he anticipated.

When he had a good hold on him, Braden nodded to the gun for Amy to take on the floor before giving her a look that told her to usher Savannah into place. When Amy told his sister that Danny was going to pull through Braden nodded in agreement, "He's going to be just fine, but we won't if we don't get the fuck out of here!" When Amy said to move, Braden didn't hesitate to move forward towards the doors,shuffling through the glass and even bodies on the floor as he kept talking to his sister, "Don't look back! Don't look down! Just forward! The doors are right there!"
with: Savvy Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Amy BasDorcha BasDorcha ; Danny (WHO IS ALSO NOT ALLOWED TO DIE) Pyroclast Pyroclast

Harper King
Jeremy's Place
~ London ~
0E87FF80-EE7F-4200-95F4-A471759A8CC3.gif
Harper didn't protest when Jeremy said he'd take the little one for a moment. It seemed like Billy needed space from his...son. That was a weird thing to think about so much so that it made her nose twinge slightly. Then again, the smell of alcohol on her brother suddenly hit her and it made her a bit dizzy. He had clearly been drinking but he didn't-. Part of her wondered if he'd driven with the baby while intoxicated but she wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet. Silently, without pressuring her brother to calm down if he didn't want to, she moved to follow him into the lounge area where Spencer was. Harper watched as Billy looked to him, speaking into existence the same sentence she had said in her head only moments before. Suddenly, she saw him waver, his legs shaking slightly and she moved to help him to sit on the couch.

She stayed standing when he sat down, watching him closely for any chance that he might faint or throw up. Jeremy's footsteps caused her to turn to look to where he was entering, an eyebrow raised as she saw a bassinet that she had no idea existed in this house. "It's beautiful, Jer. Thank you." Harper hummed softly, watching as his cheeks turned pink, a genuine smile growing on her face. The baby sat so well behaved inside of it, playing with his own fingers which caused Harper to smile even wider. It only faded when she turned back to Billy, who looked wrecked for more reasons than just the baby it seemed like. Looking to Spencer, she gave him a worried silent look. Her favorite brother thanked Jeremy for the bassinet and such, saying that baby would grow out of the thing before their kid came along. Another weird sentence.

Harper forced herself to focus on the situation rather than the words, looking to Billy as he said the babies name was Charles or Charlie and that he was 7 months old. Her brows furrowed as he said that his mother was dead so he was the only parent now. Billy stated he didn't know what he was doing and Harper wondered if any of them really knew what they were doing. At the end of the day parents were just people like themselves, they made mistakes too. Some worse than others sure, but they were mistakes nonetheless.

Billy asked how he was going to fit him into his life and asked what if Erik didn't want a kid...or at least that's what Harper assumed he was going to ask. The man cut off mid sentence and it was clear to her now that there was something else going on, her suspicions being confirmed immediately. Not sure if the other men in the room caught onto it, Harper didn't bring attention to it yet, wanting to make sure that Billy felt comfortable enough to talk about whatever else was troubling him in front of everyone first with other clues.

Harper nodded her head in agreement with what Spencer said about Erik before adding, "I don't think Erik is the type to not be accepting of that, B. Where-" She cut herself off from asking where the man was presently. Normally they spent every free moment together, at least they had before she was in the hospital. But her conversation with Erik led her to believe that everything was alright between them. Billy then said he couldn't raise the kid on his own and Harper's brows furrowed further. Something was definitely up with them now. No doubts about it.

She allowed Spencer to comfort Billy with his older brother wisdom while she thought about what could have possibly happened between Billy and Erik. Clearly there was some sort of issue, but Harper didn't want to think they just broke up for no reason. One situation popped to the forefront of her mind. As it did normally whenever she grew insecure about her place in her relationships. One of the nice things about her relationship with Jeremy was that the thought had yet to make an appearance. But looking at Billy, the broken expression on his face...she couldn't help but think that Erik had done something to hurt her brother even after he said he wouldn't, after he promised.

Ignoring the sting she felt in that moment, Harper had grown quiet and a bit unresponsive until Spencer went to go make some milk for Charlie. Once it was just the three of them, Harper turned to look at Jeremy for a moment wondering what he thought about all of it. Allowing herself to finally say what was on her mind, Harper turned back to look at Billy before moving to sit on the couch beside him. Wrapping her arm around his shoulders she pulled him closer to her. "Billy..." She said, her voice soft as she hesitated in her question. Harper hoped that in his state, he wouldn't turn on her for asking such a thing. Swallowing harshly, she decided to ask a different question first. "Where's Erik? Would you like me to give him a call?"
With: Billy Pyroclast Pyroclast ; Jeremy BasDorcha BasDorcha ; Spencer Misty Gray Misty Gray

The Windsor Hotel
Conor Sullivan and Jasmine Zegarra
Sinead Callahan

1671281085203-png.1050077
Once outside, Conor had been about to support Aliana as her anxiety set in, but then moment they saw Adam and the others, his wife rushed to be at Blake's side and to embrace her. Adam and Chase didn't hesitate to return inside the building to try take down the gunmen on the upper balcony level. Hearing his wife pleading for everyone to be okay had him fighting the internal battle between wanting to comfort her and wanting to return inside to help get the rest out to safety. He might have been the boss, but he wasn't about to let his employees risk their lives further whilst he stood outside safe.

Before doing either of those, Conor crouched down to retrieve the gun Michelle had dropped at her feet, slotting it into the back of his belt. "Come here, kid," he beckoned his daughter closer, pulling her in for a firm hug. "You're safe now," he reassured her, placing a kiss on the top of her head as he gently rubbed her back. As Jasmine stood closeby, clearly concerned about Chase and Adam returning inside, he made eye-contact with her. Before she married Chase, the woman was an experienced soldier for the Irish Mob and he was sure her instincts hadn't left her just because she'd chosen to be a wife and mother over the mob. He was about to asked her to help keep everyone in line and away from the hotel when a car was heard speeding nearby before screeching to a stop.

Sinead had sped all the way into the city, with Finn in the passenger seat. Peter and George had stayed at home, her husband making calls to their bases to get more Sullivan soldiers out to the scene. George, meanwhile, had been left in charge of maintaining order amongst the now worried kids who had been having a sleepover for Collin's birthday.

"Where are they?!" Sinead shouted before she even reached her brother. Releasing Michelle from his embrace, Conor stepped back to look at his younger sister as she looked around to take mental notes of who was outside and safe. "Where are Savvy and Brady?!" she worriedly asked, unable to see her two eldest kids. As she attempted to rush towards the hotel, Conor held a strong arm out in front to block her.

"Tink..." Conor began, placing his hand on his sister's shoulder. "You need to calm down and stay out here. How did you get here so fast?"

"Spencer called. Tried to warn us about an attack and I couldn't get through to the hotel to warn you and... it was too late. Where are they? Where's Luce?"

Overhearing Dermot say he was going back into the building to find them, Conor shook his head and pointed at the nearby injured man. "If you go back in there you're fucking fired," he firmly warned his injured employee. "Michelle, Jas, I need you to stay out here with Sinny. That's an order. I see any of you in that hotel, I will lose my shit, okay?" he seriously warned them before rushing back into the hotel.

Jasmine watched Conor rush off before turning back to Michelle and Sinead. "We all need to stay out here now. There's enough people back inside trying to help now, okay?" she firmly told Sinead in particular. "You doing alright, Michelle?" she asked the younger woman.

BasDorcha BasDorcha (Michelle)
Mentioned: Bellz Bellz (Finn)
Nearby: Dermot, Violet, Olivia

Dermot Murphy and Olivia Sullivan

1671281106840-png.1050078
Dermot was glad to hear Violet was okay and that he didn't have to deal with any kind of emotional breakdown in the middle of a warzone. When she pointed out that he needed to get his bleeding arm looking at, he briefly glanced to it before nodding his head. "I'm sure it's nothing. I've seen worse," he reassured her. "I can still do enough damage with one arm and two legs up to full strength," he added. The number of times he'd mocked his colleagues for milking a wound, he couldn't come across as a hypocrite now. Deep down, though, he couldn't deny the pain upon any movement was getting difficult to ignore.

As the three of them reached the hotel exit, Dermot grabbed Olivia's wrist and drew attention to the AK-47 she was holding. "Leave that in here. We're victims in all of this, remember?" he suggestively told her, aware of the approaching police sirens.

"Sure," Olivia pouted as she put the weapon down on the floor. "I can force tears and everything," she joked. Once the three of them were outside, Olivia turned to Violet as she addressed her. "Never a dull party in this family!" she replied. When asked if she was okay, Olivia smiled and quickly nodded her head. "Oh yeah. I'm just pissed the one real chance I got to fire a gun at some arsehole and I didn't get to do it," she grumbled.

Dermot, meanwhile, was already prepared to return into the hotel to see who else needed help getting out. The arrival of a panicked Sinead spurred him on even further to go back inside, but he was soon overheard by Conor who threatened to fire him if he did that. When his boss rushed back inside, a part of Dermot knew he should have stopped him too, but given the man had family still trapped inside, no part of him was about to stop Conor. For all his distance and bad parenting, Dermot knew deep down he'd risk his own life too to protect either of his kids. If he had any intention of now following behind his boss, Jasmine's commanding glare was more than enough to tell him to stay put. That, and the blood that was running down his arm.

Despite moments ago joking, it was Sinead's panic that heightened Olivia's usually laid back senses. She took a quick look around at all of the people outside, become startingly aware neither James nor Lucy were outside. "Where are my parents?!" she asked, covering her mouth with her hand as genuine tears suddenly filled her eyes. She knew her parents enough to know that if either of them were nearby, their presence would be known.

Already aware James had left to probably check security before the shooting started, and having caught sight of Lucy departing the ballroom during the chaos, Dermot had no doubt the two of them were still in the hotel. "Conor will find them," Dermot firmly told Olivia. "Don't get any ideas about going back in there and becoming a liability. You hear me? One bad arm won't stop me from dragging you back outside..." Despite his commanding words, he found himself squeezing his eyes shut for a moment as a stood on the spot - a wave of dizziness caused by the rapid loss of blood pressure overcoming him.

neverbackdown neverbackdown (Violet)
Nearby: Michelle, Jasmine, Sinead

Alex King's House

Kerry Patrick

Kerry looked up and into Alex's eyes as he wrapped his arms around her waist to pull her in closer. She couldn't help but smile lovingly back at him as she watched his face redden whilst he expressed that he'd been waiting to hear her say she loved him. "Oh man, you're adorable," she attempted to tease him, but even then her words still came out as soft, affectionate ones. Hearing him say he genuinely loved her caused her heart to skip a beat. And then as he said she was one of the best things to happen to him, she took in a deep breath as she tried to stay composed. Having struggled to find love for all of her life, even before her ordeal in New York had made her too cautious to get close to anyone, it meant the world to finally have someone she could imagine spending her life with. "You're the best thing to happen to me," she returned his words, firmly nodding.

As Alex began playfully kissing her face, she couldn't help but giggle and playfully squirm as if she were being tickled. Callum's voice calling out brought Alex's messing to a stop, but the interruption didn't bother Kerry. "I think the world of Callum , you know?" she assured him. She met Alex's gaze again as he invited her to stay the night. She didn't hesitate to nod her head. "I would love to," she accepted his offer. Figuring Callum didn't want to be kept waiting much longer, she took Alex's hand once more before gesturing towards the kitchen. "How about you get those drinks and I'll go say hi to Callum while you do?" she suggested.

When Kerry entered the lounge she greeted the child and was immediately met with Callum's excited face as he tore his eyes away from the television. "Hi Kerry... You've missed most of the film but the Marshmallow Man is going to be on soon. He's one of the monsters," he informed her.

"Oh, well it sounds like I got here just in time," Kerry played along, realising he was talking about 'Ghostbusters'. She took a seat next to Callum on the couch and the boy didn't hesitate to offer her some popcorn. "That's very kind, thank you," she accepted his offer, taking a few pieces from his bowl. "Now, I hope this film isn't going to scare me too much," she commented. Despite not being a fan of horror movies, she knew full well 'Ghostbusters' wasn't exactly scary or gory, so her comment hadn't been a serious one.

Around the City of London

Sarah Stewart

1671586930295-png.1051034
Sarah took a long sip of her drink as she let Philip continue speaking about Trevor. He expressed how he believed his brother was trying and that he'd already surprised him since his return. When he pointed out that people change, including themselves, Sarah lightly shrugged. "Neither of us were drug addicts who ditched our families, fucked around behind each others' backs, and then showed up decades later expecting people to just believe we'd changed after sticking around for a few weeks. All I've ever known the man to be is a waste of space who let you and your family down. I don't have anything else to go on except that," she couldn't help but explain. She tapped her fingernails on the side of her glass as she thought it over, both of them pausing for a moment, letting the music fill the air.

When Philip went on to ask if the kids deserved to know their cousins, she let out a sigh. She couldn't argue with her husband about that point he was making. Their kids and Trevor's kids were victims who didn't choose to be kept apart, never knowing about each other, because of one man's selfish actions. She rolled her eyes as the fact Trevor would need to be involved if their kids were all to meet. As her husband continued to plead Trevor's case, explaining that it seemed like the man was trying to rise above all of his past mistakes, she let out a loud sigh. She glanced down to their hands as Philip caressed hers, before looked to him and shaking her head. "You think you're clever throwing logic and sense at me, huh? Using the kids to play into my soft side?" she teased.

She took another sip of her drink before finally nodding her head. "Fine. He can meet the kids. We can all have lunch or dinner together," she suggested, wanting to use such an occasion to try suss her brother-in-law out for herself. "If he does let us down, though, I'll beat the shit out of him and make sure he fucks off to the other side of the world. I won't sit back to let anyone get away with hurting you or the kids, love."

BasDorcha BasDorcha (Philip)

Last edited:
The Windsor Hotel
~ Dublin, Ireland ~

Syd Porter
(Tommy Lee)​

1675652875428.png “You screamed,” Syd muttered, barely audibly. He was kneeling in an rapidly expanding pool of Ricky’s blood, and watching in confusion as Roxie hovered over Ricky and begged for him to not be dead. This was the man who had made an attempt on Roxie’s life, killed Matthew and traumatised his children…so why did it feel like he had done something seriously wrong? “You screamed,” he muttered again. “He - he was gonna kill you, he had a gun! He was gonna kill you…”

The gunfire overhead was compelling him to get up and fight, but something kept him pinned to the floor - guilt, perhaps, or just taken aback by Roxie’s reaction. As if they weren’t in the middle of a shootout, she took the time to close Ricky’s eyes. Her grief took precedence, and even though Syd wasn’t yet in a frame of mind to comprehend it, he had to allow her that. But only for a moment. “Roxie,” he spoke up - but she caught onto his urgency, and once she had put on a brave face and told him she was fine, she grabbed the nearby gun from the floor and asked him for the escape route.

The right side of the bar was blocked by the bodies of both the bartender and Ricky, so Syd peeked over the top of the bar to scan the room. “Five on the ground, three on the balconies,” he relayed to Roxie, his pistol freshly gripped in his hand. “We’re not far from the…” He looked towards the exit and that’s when he noticed Savannah. She was visibly distressed, crying her eyes out, and Braden was struggling to carry a seemingly lifeless Danny under his arm. If he didn’t step in to help take some of the weight, it would take them considerably longer to get out of the firing line. “Okay.” He looked back to Roxie. “I need to help Braden, so here’s what we do: I’ll cover you while you make a run for the table where Savvy is, and then we switch, okay? Braden and I will need you to cover us on our way out the door. Can you do that?” He looked into her eyes. They held fresh grief, but also the strength and determination he so admired her for. Adrenaline may be all that was keeping her from falling apart, but as long as she could hold herself up for a little while longer, he knew they could get out. “I love you,” he told her - and, after a moment’s hesitation, he leaned in and kissed her on the cheek. “Let’s go.”

As soon as Roxie made her run for cover, Syd stepped out and opened fire at the two gunmen closest to the bar. One took two shots to the chest, and the second took one to the face, sending them both to the ground, fully incapacitated if not dead. Seconds later, Syd reached Braden’s side. There was no time to stop and talk, so Syd simply took hold of Danny so as to share the weight with Braden, making sure that Savannah, Roxie and Braden’s date were all following. “Come on,” was all he said, and made as quick an exit as they could.

Once they were outside the building, Syd looked behind him to make sure the others had made it out, too. He finally lowered Danny to the ground and took a look at him. He was completely unresponsive and had a small bullet hole above his eyebrow, and between that and the sound of Savannah’s crying, he first assumed the man was dead. However, a firm press of his fingers to Danny’s neck revealed a weak pulse. “He’s alive,” Syd confirmed. “Braden, we need to take him to the hospital, right now - let’s get him to my car, okay?” He began to pick him up again, looking between the three women. “You wanna get out of here and to the hospital, you get in my car with us now,” he told them, already hurrying towards where he had parked.

They set up Danny in the backseat and suddenly Syd was in the front seat, already on the road. Everything was happening so fast it was as if time had become disjointed, just skipping forward from the pressure of getting to the hospital in time. “It’s okay Savvy, I’ll get him there in time,” he called out to the backseat. “It’s okay, it’s all gonna be fine. He’s gonna be okay. He’s gonna be okay.” Syd kept repeating it to her, to himself, to everyone. He was still afraid for his parents’ safety and the anxiety of not knowing if they were alive combined with the guilt and shock of the grief he had caused Roxie was agitating him. “I swear to you, Sav, he’s gonna make it!”

Interactions
Misty Gray Misty Gray Savannah
Bellz Bellz Roxie, Braden
BasDorcha BasDorcha Amy

Jeremy Gray's Place

Billy King

1e34799d437977caf5612c1b8ac8415c.gifYour son, Spencer had said. Your kid. It still didn’t sound real. His brother had always been supportive of him and in the current situation he was no different, suggesting that Erik didn't deserve to be with him if he wasn't willing to accept that Billy was now a parent. Harper then pointed out that it would be out of character for Erik to not accept it, but after what had happened back at the apartment, Billy was forced to question Erik's loyalty. He felt like he had seen a whole new side to his boyfriend, and now he wondered if he even really knew him at all.

It was comforting to hear Spencer assure him that the whole family would be around to help him raise his son, and Billy was grateful that he didn't include Erik in that list. He had always liked the idea of someday having a child, but on the day that Erik had broken his heart, and with alcohol feeding into his despair, he only wished Charlie's mother had never remembered his name. Spencer knew what he was talking about, however, having recently had a son of his own, so Billy at least knew that he could trust the man's words of wisdom. If only Spencer knew what was already going on in his relationship with Erik, he would know just how much of a shock it was and how much his life was about to change. Perhaps it was helped by the alcohol in his system, but the fact his brother was being so understanding and sincere meant that he for once didn't feel so self conscious about crying. His barriers were down now and he couldn't find it in himself to care. Instead, he simply gave himself permission to take comfort from the man's warm hug and let the tears fall freely down his cheeks.

Charlie began to cry then, prompting Billy to dry his own eyes and look over to the bassinet. Spencer moved to tend to him, picking him up into a comfortable hold. So far, Billy had only really been too shocked to appreciate the baby, but when Spencer commented on how cute he was, he began to see it, too. His big round cheeks, button nose and huge blue eyes, the soft rolls of fat around his wrists and the tufty pale brown hair on his head…there was no denying the boy was adorable. When asked if there was any milk powder, Billy gestured roughly to the bag of supplies and watched his oldest brother take care of his new nephew. "Thank you," Billy managed, a tremble in his voice still.

The room suddenly felt all too quiet and Billy sat forward, gazing into space until his vision softened. All he could see was that man climbing out of Erik's bed, the two of them scrambling to put their clothes back on. It just played on repeat in his mind - until he felt Harper's arm around his shoulder and heard her saying his name. She offered to call Erik for him and suddenly he felt all his emotions intensify. His entire body grew tense and he covered his mouth with his hands, unsure if he was going to be sick or break down crying. He stayed there for several seconds until he finally managed to shake his head. "He's busy…" His voice was thick, almost choking on the sobs he was trying so hard to swallow back. "I-I went to his apartment today," he said. "And I found him…" He couldn't hold back anymore and he started shaking in his seat. "In bed with another man."

The mass amount of vodka in his system had taken away any control Billy would have otherwise had in that moment, and he burst into loud, heaving sobs, practically collapsing into Harper's lap from the weight of it all. Perhaps he would feel guilty about it the next day, but in that moment all he could feel was pain. "Please don't tell Bruce!" he begged them all. "He'll send him back to New York and I don't wanna lose him!" He continued to cry heavily against his sister, having completely lost any remaining strength. "I love him so much," he cried. "I don't get it - I just want it back how it was…I don't want this, I don't wanna feel any of this! I just want a drink, please, Harper, I don't want to feel this…"

Interactions
Bellz Bellz Harper
BasDorcha BasDorcha Jeremy
Misty Gray Misty Gray Spencer

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess the source of all pain and sadness

The Windsor Hotel
~ Dublin, Ireland ~

Chase Zegarra
(Vampire)​

1675819418087.pngIt was times like these when Chase was grateful that Jasmine had once been a soldier for the mob. While she had stepped down from her position years ago to help protect their children, he knew he could trust her to handle herself in such a situation. Of course, he hated to leave her side during an attack, but it eased his mind to know she was capable of looking after herself and the others.

Though he was fully focused on the mission at hand, Adam’s comment about their nights out still made Chase smile. “And I miss parties where no one’s trying to kill us,” he uttered back. He kept his Beretta held out in front of him, covering Adam as the man walked ahead towards the balconies that the enemy were using as a vantage point. The pair crept silently down the corridor, until Adam managed to tear back the curtain from the first balcony and shoot down one of the attackers. Back in the ballroom, before they had snuck upstairs, Chase had managed to spot five gunmen on the balconies. So far since reaching the first floor, he had seen three dead bodies: one at the top of the stairs, and two on the first balcony. However, he was aware that there could be more that hadn’t been visible before, so he kept his expectations high.

“Watch my six,” he whispered, and led the way towards the next balcony. He stood against the wall beside the curtain for a moment, trying to gauge how many shooters were there and where they stood. He hadn’t heard any firing from there since Adam had killed the last gunman, but he could hear heavy breathing, some shuffling, and the loading of a gun. Realising they could be ready to resume firing any moment, Chase threw back the curtain and shot them twice - once in the shoulder and then in the head. At such close range, the balcony was instantly spattered with blood and brains, and Chase knew the man wouldn’t be getting up again.

Altogether, that made four. If what he had counted before was correct, there should only be one left. But in such a high risk situation, he knew it would be foolish to assume anything. Chase moved back to where Adam was. “We check the last balconies, then we see what’s behind that door, okay?” he uttered to Adam, nodded towards the office door. For all they knew, there could be more of them lying in wait. “Go ahead, I’ve got your back.”

Interactions
Misty Gray Misty Gray Adam

Lucy Porter
The Windsor Hotel - Office

tumblr_oe8entDbE71qzkueso8_400.gifv
Lucy was relieved that he was going on with her about their retirement, mentioning that he'd want to be somewhere quieter. Her lower lip trembled and she swallowed harshly as hot tears slowly slithered down her face. A half scoff, half laugh escaped her as she shook her head at his remarks. He told her that every one of those years had been perfect because of her. Lucy shook her head, trying to wrap her brain around what was happening. It seemed like there was nothing more she'd be able to do. The door was too far away, she had to keep applying the pressure. When he paused to catch his break, she could see him struggling and she looked up towards the door.

No one would hear her screaming for help if she tried. Her heart leapt painfully in her chest as she looked back down at James who told her he loved her. "I love you too. Forever." She whispered back as he continued on, the things he was saying, sounded like a goodbye and the woman shook her head again and again. Lucy tried to form the words, to tell him to stop thinking that he was going anywhere. To stop thinking that she could make it without him, but she didn't have it in her. The room felt small, like it was closing in on her. Her husband requested a last wish and Lucy focused in on him, trying to force out the feeling of dread so she could remember ever second of this moment with him. If he were to die in her arms before anyone could help, she wanted to remember the last moments...for it would be all she had left to cling onto.

Without any further hesitation, Lucy carefully leaned down to kiss his lips, allowing it to only go on for a few moments before she was sure she'd be blocking air. When she pulled away, she moved her head to his forehead, pressing a kiss to it softly. He was getting cold, so cold. Her eyes squeezed shut and she lightly pressed her own forehead against his, careful not to put to much pressure.

"Somedays, it feels like we are still in our 20s." She admitted softly, her voice cracking. "Trying to keep Sinead and Conor from bickering so much. Remember how much she used to talk in the car?" Lucy asked. It seemed that it was just yesterday that they were all in their 20s, that James had taken over for Conor after their father been killed. Somedays Lucy would think that they had put all of the trauma behind them but other days, she knew so much better. Their entire life, had been surrounded by the mob. In the 40s, there was a chance that they could have left such a life. But James had taken over at just 28 years old, and she had been thrusted into the position of matriarch at just 24. As experienced as James was, Lucy would most likely be the first to admit that there were times when they had no idea what they were doing. No one ever truly knows how. Just like they don't know why they continued to stick with it.

Lifting her head, she sat back in her position and pressed the sweatshirt further against his wound. "You're going to get through this. And you're going to see our kids, and our grand babies. Who all love you so much." She said softly, though the tone lacked confidence as much as she tried to be. "Who knew that a man who thought he wouldn't be much of a father would turn out to be the best dad and grandpa in the world?" She tried to tease, but it sounded broken.

"And when you get out of the hospital, and once you're in tip top shape again. The first thing you're going to do is buy me a burger. From the diner on the corner in the city centre." Lucy's eyes met his as she tried to smile, managing to do it faintly. "Might not be good as that greasy burger drive-through you took me too in Chicago,which ruined my standards for food forever by the way. Nothing compares in my opinion. But...it's been a long while since you've treated me to a burger. We'll go to the joint next month, the 29th, say....7pm?" The blonde asked lightly. She knew....that there was a strong chance he wouldn't make it. But for her own sanity, Lucy couldn't bring herself to say goodbye. "And you better not be late." She scrunched her nose teasingly and whatever James replied with Lucy never got the chance to respond to because Reina came crashing through the door and slammed it behind her, her eyes closed with her back pressed to the door.

"Thank god!" Lucy said and when Reina looked at them with her mouth open, Lucy wondered if the woman would faint. Luckily, she didn't and quickly moved in to help. When the woman said her name, Lucy looked to her directly. "Okay." She said, trying to keep her responses short as to not waste time. When Reina handed her the gun, it felt heavy in her hands. Watching the woman do more work than she could possible do, Lucy wondered if she should have just ran for help sooner. Maybe if she did-he could have been fine. He wasn't past the point of saving, was he? The thoughts blurred her concentration now, no longer having him to distract. Reina did ask for the towel and Lucy got up quickly to grab it, rushing back to give it to her.

Reina then asked her to check his heart rate manually. Lucy did actually know how to do that, so she wasted no time checking. It was low and very hard to detect. Lucy timed it and told Reina. "That's really low." The blonde said, looking to her husband with worry. Reina told James he would be okay and Lucy nodded her head in agreement, even though her heart felt like it was about to give out.

They were going to have to hoist him up and get him up. Lucy wasn't sure if that was going to be the best thing to do. Not when neither of them were strong enough to carry him, they had to take the stairs..."Reina. What if-" The shooting on the top floor seemed to have died down enough and at her position close to the door, Lucy barely heard to familiar voices. But she couldn't be sure so she silenced herself, wondering if someone was about to open the door that wasn't welcome. Grabbing the pistol Reina gave her, she pointed it towards the door.
with: James Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Reina Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess
mentions: Adam ; Chase Pyroclast Pyroclast

Users who are viewing this thread

Back